Book Your Wedding with Butler's Courtyard

A BALLROOM IN LEAGUE CITY, TX

Butler’s Courtyard offers a unique wedding experience with its timeless beauty and expert owners and staff. It is nestled in League City, Texas, which is conveniently located halfway between Houston and Galveston. With nearby attractions, like Clear Creek, multiple parks and convenient cafes, bistros and bars, there is plenty for guests to do during the entirety of the wedding weekend.

Spanning an entire city block, Butler’s Courtyard is a spacious venue that can house both large and intimate wedding ceremonies and receptions. Owners Nancy and Janice have extensive experience hosting weddings at Butler’s Courtyard and they aim to take the hassle out of planning and facilitating the big day.

Butler’s Courtyard has both indoor and outdoor facilities. Outside, take advantage of the gazebo and greenery for a scenic backdrop to the ceremony and photo opportunities. Inside, classic chandeliers and exposed brick walls portray the rich history of the building.

Butler’s Courtyard accommodates up to 300 guests and features an outdoor area with a historic gazebo, in front of which the bride and groom can state their vows and perform the ceremony. Elegant white folding chairs can be arranged for guests so that the trees, greenery and other scenery can act as the ideal backdrop.

The Outdoor Reception Area can be tented with elaborate curtains and lit with delicate chandeliers. Round tables are topped with linens and fine dinner wear and they surround a spacious dance floor.

The Event Hall inside Butler’s Courtyard features exposed brick walls and vintage candelabras for a rustic feel. Lighting effects and a DJ or live music can be arranged to enhance the party atmosphere.

There are multiple packages to choose from, depending on the couple’s desires and number of invitees. Each wedding package includes one full day for the wedding ceremony and reception. Tables and seating are arranged in the reception area to accommodate the appropriate number of guests and each table is decorated with elaborate centerpieces. Butler’s Courtyard staff also helps with the setup and cleanup.

Interested customers should note that Butler’s Courtyard does not directly provide an officiant, florist, photographer or bartender services. These services can be arranged by the bride and groom through external sources. The staff at Butler’s Courtyard can work with any professionals the bride and groom choose for the day of the event. However, it is recommended to utilize the vendors that have a history of working with Butler’s Courtyard.

Couples that choose to have their wedding at Butler's Courtyard have access to several amenities and perks, such as:

• For those couples on a budget, Butler’s Courtyard offers payment plans
  • Each wedding package includes wedding party access to the Rose Cottage and The Shop
  • An experienced event coordinator is provided to make planning easy
  • Catering services take care of all food, snack, beverage and cake presentation
  • A talented DJ plays a customized playlist for the reception
  • Security services are available if necessary

Butler's Courtyard

From the beautiful courtyard, waterfall, and gazebo to the Victorian ambience, Butler's Courtyard is the perfect setting for your wedding and reception. This facility is for couples seeking "historic elegance" -- or that something a little different. Experienced wedding consultants and staff will work with you to coordinate the wedding of your dreams.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

122 Michigan Avenue, League City, TX (281) 557-5551
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Missi F

Butler's Courtyard is beyond the most exquisite venue for a wedding. My daughter chose Butler's and was so excited for me to actually see the venue. I made the trip from Indiana to Texas and truly understand why my daughter was so excited! The staff at Butlers go over and... Read More beyond their roles to ensure that the wedding day is perfect! They make every effort for the couples as well as their families to feel at home. We gave Butlers staff the decorations and they did a fantastic job of taking care of all our family pieces from the start to the finish. The care they took in placing our items in the venue as well as packing them up at the end of the night was very much appreciated. My daughter's wedding was everything she had planned and was absolutely beautiful! I stopped in the venue 2 days after the wedding and was able to meet Nancy. We had met Janice during the rehearsal. Janice was gracious to step in for our coordinator Sarah due to her surgery healing . I can't say enough about these 2 ladies. Butlers mission is to exceed their clients expectations- well these ladies are exceptional! We had 1 small problem the evening of the wedding and expressed our concern. This by no means had an effect on the evening but we felt the owners should be aware. I highly recommend Butlers Courtyard!! From the staff, the multiple buildings, the vendors, to the location - Butlers is well worth the experience.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Cayla C

Perfect!!!! Beautiful and stress free!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Connie P

This place was PERFECT! It was everything i dreamed of. My wedding package had a wedding coodinator, DJ, catering , cake, linens and simple decorations included with it which checked majority of the things off my list. My husband and I could not be more thankful for how... Read More smoothly and perfect things went on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Jessica C

A huge thank you to Jessica and all the staff at Butlers! Our September wedding was absolutely perfect and beautiful. The whole process was stress free! Jessica and her crew took care of it all. It was awesome to be relaxed the day of the wedding, they went above and beyond.... Read More They even packed some food in our get away car to take to the hotel in case we got hungry later which came in handy! We couldn't have picked a better venue!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Lindsay C

We absolutely loved having Butler's Courtyard as our venue. We were a little skeptical of choosing a venue where so many things were already decided (caterer, DJ, cake) but it made wedding planning much easier and it was so worth it. BC was very flexible in letting us mix and... Read More match menus and helped in going over decor details. One of the best parts of BC was that on the wedding day, they had a large staff helping us set up. This meant a little less work for our friends and family, which we are appreciative of. Jessica was our coordinator and she was the best. I didn't know until the day of the wedding how critical she would be; she along with the BC staff made the whole day run smoothly and without drama. We felt relaxed and like everything was taken care of. Lastly, the venue is stunning and unique. All of our guests told us after the wedding that the venue was the most interesting one they'd been to and asked how we found it. Overall, we loved having our wedding at Butler's Courtyard and would recommend them highly!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Ayli M

Butler's Courtyard was such a beautiful setting for our wedding. Very unique and quite unlike any of the other generic venues you'll find in the Houston area. Staff were fantastic on the day of the event, especially Jessica who did everything possible to make my day perfect.... Read More However, it was sometimes difficult to get responses from the owner prior to the wedding, which was hard for me as a Type-A bride. Additionally, while this venue is beautiful, I would not recommend it for more than 150 guests. We had 200 and it was just a bit too tight of a squeeze. However, if you want a vintage style venue that includes your cake, catering, and DJ at a fantastic price, this is your venue!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Aimee J

The venue is super cute and the staff is fantastic! My wedding day was perfect thanks to them!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Glinda H

If you are looking for a beautiful wedding venue with a ton of vintage charm and a staff that would run thru a brick wall for you, then look no further. Everything about Butler's is charming. The location, the staff and especially Sarah, our coordinator were all so much more... Read More than we dreamed they could be. I know that I am gushing but that is what happens when you have the perfect wedding. Also, they have a list they give out of all their favorite vendors. Use it, you can't go wrong.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Chris S

My son's wedding was held at Butler's Courtyard and everything was perfect. Their staff went above and beyond the call of duty and their professionalism made the event run smoothly and on time. From the facility, to the location and movement of tables and chairs, to the... Read More amazing food and drinks, everything was flawless. They know how to keep the attention on the bride and groom and tend to their every need. I highly recommend Butler's Courtyard for any type of function. They are excellent and know exactly what they are doing.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Angela W

Old town flair. Sought after location.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Kayla R

From the moment we walked in to Butler's Courtyard, we knew we had to get married here. Sarah and everyone here went above and beyond to make our day perfect and beautiful. Never once did I feel stressed out on the big day because everything was handled with care and ease. I... Read More wish I could give more stars. Thanks for making our day such a breeze so that we could enjoy our friends and family. Kayla and Rob Thompson

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Patricia W

I don't even know where or how to start with butler's. From the beginning of looking for our venue, after attending and being in many weddings, I firmly decided I did not want my guests, family, or bridal party and myself to have to worry about setting up or tearing down... Read More anything. I wanted a stress free wedding for EVERYONE! That's exactly what butler's gave us! Being that we were trying to stay on a strict budget (which everyone goes over no matter what), butler's all inclusive package was by far the best choice for budgets. We did choose a Friday date just because it is literally 5k cheaper everywhere than a Saturday date no matter what. Butler's was very attentive to what I wanted for our special day. It did help that I was always very ahead in planning. Jessica was my coordinator the day of the wedding. First off, that girl is AMAZING! She gets s*** done! I told her my biggest issue the day of would be to just keep my nagging and opinionated mom away from me before the ceremony, oh and she definitely kept me cool as a cucumber! She kept everything on time and moving! Not a dead moment in the wedding! She was amazing and outstanding in everything I asked for and needed! Thank you Jessica and thank you butler's courtyard for making everything beautiful and special!!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016

A HUGE thank you to Jessica and the staff at Butler's Courtyard!! You exceeded our expectations for our daughter's wedding. There was nothing left undone. It was perfect. Thank you! M. Shuler

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Alexandra K

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day 2/19/16. The venue is undeniably beautiful but the staff and vendors are exceptional. They went so above and beyond for me and my guests. I felt EVERYTHING was given 110% and the best it could be! This venue and its staff are... Read More trustworthy, helpful and genuinely have your best interest at heart. They really care about your vision and want you to have as special of a day as it can possibly be. From the day I toured to the day we said "I do" I had a constant smile on my face and reassurance. Choosing Butler's Courtyard was the best and easiest part of my entire wedding season. I promise you couldn't be in better hands.

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Amber C

Butler's Courtyard is AMAZING. When it came time to hunt around for venues, we went to 3 or 4 places before this one and there was absolutely no contest after visiting Butler's. They had everything we were looking for in addition to outstanding customer service. Brianna was our... Read More coordinator and I really can not give her enough praise. She was such a huge help in getting things lined up for the big day. Anytime i had a question or concern, she was prompt, professional, understanding and extremely patient (all brides know how we can be about our wedding day! lol). I also loved that Nancy, one of the owners, was very hands on. You can't help but smile and be excited when she is talking because her love and passion for weddings is so evident. Butler's Courtyard really goes above and beyond to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible and that your day is everything you envisioned. I really can't thank them enough for helping to make our wedding day the BEST DAY EVER!!!

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Tina R

Butler's Courtyard, where shall I start.... well from our initial consultation our experience with the venue was just STELLAR- 5 stars all the way around. My wedding was 12/29/2015, and the venue was already so beautifully decorated there was nothing we needed to do as far as... Read More all adding centerpieces and decor was involved because it was already done for us. The owners and staff treat you like they are a member of their own family. They are all so genuinely warm, friendly, courteous, patient, and cover all grounds, displaying a true spirit of service. they allow the bride to relax and only worry about the special day. The package included lighting, personalized gobo on the dance floor, our DJ, and the wedding cake. Talk about taking some pressure and relief off of the bride and groom with these inclusive pieces to the wedding. Also they have a preferred vendors list with, photographers, flowers, ministers, cake makers, and other important things which took a lot of the legwork and stress off of us as we chose our vendors from the preferred vendors list. Magek photography by far exceeded our expectations, and Minister DeFabio officiated our wedding with a deliverance straight from the heart. if you are looking for a venue that has historic charm, elegance, and a naturally romantic ambiance, you will NOT be let down from choosing Butler's Courtyard. Thank you for making my wedding day soooo special Butler's!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015

I absolutely cannot say enough about Butler's Courtyard. It is an absolutely gorgeous venue, they made everything so easy for me and it is affordable! I planned my wedding in 5 weeks and I could not have pulled it off without Butler's. Having the cake, DJ and food basically... Read More accommodated for was a huge help! The preferred vendors are wonderful and it just seems that everything fell into place far too easily for a 5 week wedding! As soon as I saw the beauty of Butlers Courtyard, there was no need to look any further into venues. I was sold! I will definitely recommend to all my friends.

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Brittany K

We used Butler's Courtyard for our wedding on 9/19 and they were fantastic! Very well organized and the whole day ran like clockwork. Brianna made sure my husband and I were stressed as little as possible. We loved having the private dinner afterwards (10 minutes to... Read More ourselves). Mark was also an awesome DJ. I don't think there was a moment we had an empty dance floor.

Suburb!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Faye A

They are a cut above the rest! The entire staff went above and beyond and made our day everything we imagined and more.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Faye A

They are amazing at handling every detail and making sure your day is YOUR day. Thank you to all the staff and owners at BC. We have unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I can't say enough about Butler's Courtyard. They gave 100% in giving me the wedding of my dreams. I only had to get my florist and photographer and bring in the alcohol and they did the rest. The set up person even did my decorations. It was simply perfect.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kayla B

I can't say enough wonderful things about Butler's! They made my wedding day so perfect. Sarah was my wedding day coordinator and she was so kind, patient, and attentive with me. I will be recommending Butlers to everyone I know!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Aliza A

Butlers Courtyard did an amazing job!! All the staff members were very helpful and friendly as well as management !! We literally did not have to lift a finger!! It was very important to me to have my mom be able I enjoy the wedding and not have to run around hosting! The venue... Read More was beautiful the cake and music were awesome and I couldn't imagine not getting married somewhere else! I will defiantly recommend Butlers to anyone I know getting married! Our friends and family still tell us after 6 months of being married how it www the best wedding and venue they have ever been to! Butlers will Always have a special place in my heart! It's where my husband and I became one and starting our journey Of life together!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

Butler's Courtyard was everything I wanted and so much more. Our wedding was elegant in the pure simplicity and beauty of the venue. I did not feel the need to add any additional flowers or touches of any kind. Everyone we met and worked with at Butler's exhibit that rare... Read More quality of character that makes a visitor feel important, special and like family. They were completely committed to making our day one of joy, laughter and love. There just simply is not enough to be said about all the lovely people and the beautiful venue. Oh and just a quick "aside", when you choose to have your wedding/reception here, the main hall IS large enough to accommodate all your dancing guests and needs. We had the dance floor filled with guests ranging in age from 18 months to 80 years and everyone danced, laughed and remarked about what a wonderful place we had found, right in our own backyard.

Reviewed on 7/01/2015

I planned my wedding in 5 months thanks to Butler's Courtyard!!! You would never know it was planned it that short of a time because Butler's and all their recommended vendors are that great!!! Janice and Sarah were always available to answer questions and make recommendations.... Read More I really appreciated their expertise and also the care they gave to my wedding! I was working full time and in Grad school and planning a wedding and all I can say is that wedding planning was not stressful because of Butler's Courtyard!! You all are amazing and I wish you the best because you are the best!!!!

Nancy & Janice

Since it’s opening, over 1800 weddings have been celebrated with over 225,000 guests at the facility which covers an entire city block along 2nd Street from Michigan to Colorado Street. Nancy Richards and Janice Gunnin-Wilson, best friends, started Butler’s Courtyard in 2002 on a small budget but with a great vision of what it could become. Butler’s Courtyard’s mission is to exceed our clients expectations in the delivery of a once in a lifetime experience set in an environment of historic elegance.