Cakes + Desserts

49046 Pontiac Trl, Wixom, MI (248) 926-2999

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Jacqueline D

Selecting a cake vendor is not an easy task. We are so glad we selected Buttercream Bakeshop to do our wedding cake. They not only created, but they perfected our dream Eiffel Tower wedding cake for us. We weren't sure we could find anyone to do it right, but Buttercream... Read More Bakeshop exceeded our expectations. Our guests loved the cake! We will definitely be back. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Jessica P

Delicious cake at a reasonable price! Marsha (the owner) is very easy to work with. She even made a football helmet shaped grooms cake as a surprise for my husband! The cakes turned out beautiful and delicious.

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 kathy h

Giving Marsha the owner of Buttercream Bakeshop a one star is more than she deserves. She was rude to my daughter and myself. As a business owner showing some control and courtesy is the norm, I was appalled at her outrageous nasty behavior. My daughter and I both left crying... Read More and now with less than 2 months till the wedding...no cake. There are other wedding cake bakeries that are pleasant and a pleasure to work with...Marsha and her shop is not one of them.

2017-08-25T16:09:04 Response from the vendor

Sorry you and your daughter were not happy with me, I know that attitude goes both ways. You never booked the wedding date nor did you put a deposit down. I do hope you find someone to work with and do wish you well.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Teresa M

This was the best cake I've ever had! Myself and the guests were raving about it for days after the wedding. The only reason I gave them 4 stars is because they didn't deliver my sheet cake, which was needed. But Marsha promptly fixed my issue and I will be back. The whole staff... Read More there is very helpful.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Olivia H

Marsha is so great! Very easy to work with, she fit in our wedding with only a 3 month notice and we couldn't be more grateful! Beautifully designed cake with amazing taste! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Jessica G

Marsha was AMAZING!! Her cakes and desserts are to die for!! We got so many compliments! Marsha provided the deserts for my bridal shower and the cake and macaroons for our wedding! She is the kindest, sweetest woman and is very easy to work with!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 trese a

Marsha was outstanding!!! We got so many compliments on the cupcakes and the stacked oreo cake (she made personally for us.) Everything was stunning and tasted AMAZING! They were reasonable priced and they even offer a sampling. The weddings long gone but our guests are still... Read More talking about those cupcakes! I would recommend Buttercream Bakeshop to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Jenae M

Buttercream Bakeshop did a FANTASTIC job on our wedding cake!! Marsha was very responsive to all of the emails and the cake was exactly what I wanted for our big day. Marsha was able to take the pictures we provided and turned them into our dream cake. Everything about the... Read More cake decorations was perfect! Plus the variety of unique flavors really put our cake on another level! We had maple (which my husband loved!), raspberry and orange. It was so delicious! I highly recommend Buttercream Bakeshop for any of your cake needs! Marsha also provided a cupcake cake for my bridal shower (in the shape of my wedding dress)!

Reviewed on 8/09/2015

Marsha, from Buttercream Bakeshop, did the cake for our wedding and it was fantastic! All of her cakes have fantastic and creative designs to them. Ours looked like a birch tree. They look so cool that you won’t even want to cut into them and eat them, but after you *do* have a... Read More slice, you’re going to want to eat the whole thing! Also, they did a great job coordinating with our caterer about delivery to the venue and everything. Highly recommended. I doubt you’ll find a better price too—especially for what you’re paying for.

5-1-15

Reviewed on 5/18/2015 Courtney W

We had our cake done by this shop- My cake turned out exactly like picture I showed Martha!! We decided on the yellow cake w/ raspberry buttercream frosting.. Very delicious! My in-laws are still eating it!! :)

Delicious!

Reviewed on 5/09/2014 Jordan W

Friendly staff, great cakes/ cupcakes, I would highly recommend Buttercream Bakeshop!

Wedding cake

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Rachael S

The cakes were beautiful, and everyone commented on how good they tasted

ok

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Whitney P

honestly, for as much effort as we made to make it look and taste the way that we wanted it to, it still wasn't right. they added additional flowers of a different color to the cake that we didn't want (by the time we saw it, it was too late to take them off), there was WAY too... Read More much frosting...we paid for buttercream but it didn't taste like it. the tasting was much better then the final product. it wasn't what we thought it was going to be...ok, but disappointing.

SO GOOD!

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 sarah m

We had cupcakes for our wedding. The owner was very helpful and generous. The set up and take down was flawless and all of our guests raved about them! There is a wide range of flavors for cake and frosting. The presentation was beautiful. Make sure you have a knife and plate... Read More to cut your cake if you decide to have cupcakes. We had a small tier cake on the top but figured we wouldn't need plates or cake cutting services. We completely forgot to have something to do the actual cake cutting for us though. Just keep it in mind. Excellent venue though!

Beautiful Cake-Great Service

Reviewed on 7/25/2012 Lisa B

Our cake was delicious and looked beautiful. The owner personally worked with me to design the cake I'd been dreaming of!

Fantastic

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 Betty S

The process of planning a wedding can be an overwhelming experience. Marsha at Buttercream Bakeshop was incredibly wonderful to work with. He customer service exceeded my expectations. She had a lot of great input and advice on our wedding cake. In the end I provided her my... Read More vision and our cake was the exact duplicate of it. One of my favorite pieces in our wedding! She not only provided our wedding cake, but a groom cake that was to die for, as well as a bridal shower cake perfect for our Stock The Bar theme! And to add, the taste was delightful! We would highly recommend them!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2012 Jaclyn R

From the moment you walk in, you will be treated like you're the only customer in there. Marsha (the owner) took care of every question I had and helped me from day 1 of planning my wedding. We went with cupcakes and a wedding cake and they were a HIT! We had nothing left at the... Read More end of the evening. She communicated through email with me a lot because I wasn't always able to make it into the store. I can't say anything but positive things about this place!! :)

Buttercream Bakeshop

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Michelle T

My guests raved it was the best wedding cake they'd ever had. It was moist & tasted great. Not too sweet. They captured the theme for our wedding perfectly.

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 racheal c

Marsha did a fantastic job on our cake. She was wonderful for making it for us at all considering we came to her so close to the wedding and it was a popular date. She put together a very nice tasting for us and in the end we went with a chocolate cake with white chocolate... Read More filling. I gave her a photo and the cake looked just as I wanted it to and tasted great. Everyone loved it! We've also had a few friends get their wedding cakes there and they've turned out great too.

gorgeous, delicious cake!!!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2011 celeste f

My cake was so delicious and amazingly beautiful! I love this bakeshop and go there all the time for the cupcakes so when i got engaged i knew this was where i wanted my cake from. the cake is very moist and the look and designs are perfect!

Beautiful and delicious!

Reviewed on 8/10/2011 Sarah M

We had 200 cupcakes with an 8inch round topper for our wedding cake. Every single cupcake was delicious. We were able to pick out as many flavor combinations as we wanted, and Marsha even made half a dozen vegan cupcakes for a few guests who were vegan. The display was gorgeous,... Read More and our photographer even loved it so much that she arranged our rings on a cupcake to take photos. We saw guests walking out of the wedding with cupcakes "to go", which just goes to tell you how yummy they were. The cupcakes were VERY affordable as well. By far the best taste and most reasonable price in the area. Definitely would recommend this place for any event!

Best cake and staff in the Detroit area!

Reviewed on 9/14/2010 Melissa M

The staff at Buttercream Bakeshop did a wonderful job on our wedding cakes. We had a three tier cake, and little cakes on each table for the guests. The designs were gorgeous and the flavors of the cakes and buttercream frosting got rave reviews from all of our guests. Thanks... Read More to Marsha and all of the staff!

cake

Reviewed on 9/01/2010 Anjoli D

You can design your own cake and have custom flavors.

Review for Buttercream Bakeshop

Reviewed on 12/24/2008 Stacey K

The cake she designed for me was gorgeous and tasted amazing. The price per slice was the lowest I found with the most amount of selection for flavors and fillings. Everything in the bakery is wonderful but her cakes are amazing.