Everyone Deserves a Custom Cake

At Butterfly Bakeshop, Cake Artist Orlando León creates one-of-a-kind cakes that reflect the magic of your special day. His talent for designing and personalizing your cake together with his culinary expertise in building flavors will bring you and your guests the cake you have always dreamed of.

$$

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cakes + Desserts

133 East 39th Street , New York, NY

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Kayla M

After several lackluster tastings that left me with little more than outrageous price quotes, I was so relieved to work with the kind and talented staff at Butterfly Bakeshop. I wasn't the type of bride who wanted to spend days, hours or even minutes thinking about a cake--I... Read More wanted it to look pretty and taste good. After communicating those sentiments to the staff, along with my preferred budget, there was a quick proposal--I signed immediately. Our cake was beautiful, tasted fantastic, and did not cause me stress for a fraction of a moment.

2015-07-28T15:22:29 Response from the vendor

We are glad to hear that we were able to make ordering your wedding cake easy and without stress. We try to personalize our service to each couples needs. It makes us happy to know that you likee the design and that the cake was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/01/2015

We sampled a lot of bakeries in NYC prior to selecting Butterfly. I'm so glad we went with them. It was definitely the best cake we tried. Our reception was so hectic that I didn't get to eat any cake that night. But I had two pieces for breakfast the next morning. It was... Read More delicious!

Red Velvet Heaven

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Solangie A

We were looking for a budget bakery, we had a very small wedding (30 people) and did not need mandatory three layers. Butterfly worked with my budget, were professional, and the cake was divine. We ordered a red velvet cake with a buttercream icing. It was beautiful. Could not... Read More have asked for anything more.

2015-06-27T08:40:48 Response from the vendor

We are happy to hear that we met your expectations. Big or small your wedding day is special and we believe that everyone should have an amazing experience and cake! We hope to celebrate more happy occasions with you in the future.

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Allie F

They were awesome! Super fast responses, cake was designed exactly as we wanted it. They even drive 150 miles through a mountain to deliver it in perfect condition!

1 Month Later-Everyone Still Talking About THE CAKE !

Reviewed on 6/08/2015

Kindness and quality prevail. From the initial contact to the tasting and final design the staff are wonderful to work with. They make each bride and groom feel special and go overboard to work within one's budget without sacrificing beauty and taste. Their cake was elegant... Read More and absolutely delicious. The cake is moist and the buttercream is perfection.....not cloyingly sweet. Guests actually asked for seconds & as hard as it may be to believe, one month later, people are still talking about. Butterfly Bakeshop are the Dream Cream Team !

Reviewed on 6/02/2015

The last thing you want for your wedding is to have to worry about the cake, and Butterfly made everything easy. I never set foot in butterfly, or tasted anything of theirs before it arrived, but only had conversations over email, basically took a leap of faith, and yet they... Read More managed to get us exactly what we wanted. Our wedding was 75 people, so we had a small white square cutting cake with a large peony flower (the flower was breathtakingly beautiful, even prettier than the website example) to serve to family, and then cupcakes containing the same fillings for the rest of the guests. The cake was absolutely gorgeous, the filling was delicious, and the cupcakes were FANTASTIC, the guests kept commenting on how good they were. Everything arrived ahead of time, with frequent communication between Butterfly and our reception venue. Furthermore it was surprisingly affordable, especially for NYC. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Great cake!

Reviewed on 2/25/2015 Lisa G

We were referred to Butterfly by a friend who is an event coordinator that knew we wanted a great cake on a budget. We are so happy! We did the cake a la carte and it was amazing! Everything about the process was great, from the ease of the cake tasting to go, the ordering and... Read More payment process, coordination of delivery, etc. the cake itself was amazing and beautiful, not to mention delicious and fresh. Our guests said it was the best wedding cake they ever had. My only regret is that in the craziness of the night, the only piece I got to eat was the small bite my new husband fed to me! I've been dreaming about it ever since. Thank you Butterfly Bakeshop!

2015-02-27T06:54:45 Response from Stacey, the member

It is great to hear that you had a positive experience arranging your cake with us. Designing your wedding cake should be a fun! We are glad that when you saw & tasted the cake it met your expectations. We are also glad that Wedding... Read Less Read More

Tasty and Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Rebecca G

I used Butterfly Bakeshop for my wedding cake. The cake was delicious. Everyone loved it and several people commented on the variety / tastiness of the flavors. We opted for a thin band with each tier (3 of them) in a different color: red, orange, yellow with three roses... Read More on top. The flower/band looked really good with our flower \ huppah colors. Butterfly Bakeshop was easy to work with, and were responsive to questions / design suggestions. They were also significantly less per slice than other cake companies I researched. If I every need a custom cake again, I would not hesitate to use Butterfly Bakeshop again.

2014-11-26T15:59:50 Response from Stacey, the member

We are so happy that you and your guests enjoyed the cake. We too thought your cake looked beautiful. We hope we have the opportunity to celebrate with you in the future.

cupcakes for dinner

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Steph K

We ordered a small cutting cake (chocolate buttercream with vanilla cake) and 180 cupcakes for our guests with various flavors (cookies and cream, peanut butter, passion fruit, and Aztec chocolate). Everything was DELICIOUS and very affordable. We actually had the cupcakes... Read More double as favors (using those cute boxes) and made our OWN cupcake tiers from a Dollar Store to cut costs. Gorgeous. The service also made Butterfly Bakeshop an easy choice. I love the woman who works there -- she spent a ton of time talking to us during our tasting and was very helpful. After the wedding, we froze the leftover cupcakes and ate them for dinner for days after the wedding - so delicious. I never remember wedding cakes/cupcakes, but you can't forget a dessert from Butterfly Bakeshop! Well done!!!

An easy and delicious choice

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

Butterfly Bakeshop was excellent and easy to work with. All of my communications with them were responded to promptly, and all three of the women I worked with were incredibly helpful and kind, whether it was by email or over the phone. The cake was truly delicious (we had a... Read More vanilla-orange cake, which I highly recommend)! We had the most simple design possible (by our choice), so I can't speak truly to their design prowess - but it looked lovely, and was just as we wanted. I will point out that if your cake is under $500, they do charge $50 for the tasting (which are two bite-size cupcakes for each flavor); but it's pretty easy to bump it over that mark, and then the tasting is included. Highly recommended!

Butterfly Bakeshop - A+ on all counts!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014

We couldn't have been happier with the entire experience. Working with Stacy and Kimberly was great. They answered all the questions we had, offered suggestions and were always quick to reply. The cake itself was sooooo delicious...I feel like every single guest commented on... Read More it and we couldn't have been happier to hear that. My husband and I both have a sweet tooth so the cake was a big deal for us. We tried 2 other places before a friend recommended Butterfly Bakeshop and once we tried their samples we knew it was a home run. The delivery went smooth (we got married in NYC) and they offered very specific, detailed instructions on how to store the cake and serve it at perfect room temeprature. Our design was pretty simple/clean but it still looked beautiful. We were thrilled with the whole experience...A+ for the entire team at Butterfly Bakeshop - thank you for making our special night even sweeter!!!

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 9/17/2014

Butterfly bakeshop was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end of the process. Our cake was not only beautiful but also DELICIOUS !!!!! We received many compliments!!!

2014-09-17T10:43:53 Response from Sarah, the member

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your wedding cake. We hope to celebrate with you again in the future.

Wonderful Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Lisa G

The team at Butterfly Bakeshop, including Kimberly who coordinated our order is simply wonderful! We waited a litttttle late to order our cake, and they worked with us quickly to supply a beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding. The at-home tasting process is smart and... Read More easy, and the cake was absolutely perfect for our night!

Loved our cake!

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Jessica F

Butterfly Bakeshop was an absolute pleasure to work with. They understood exactly what we were looking for. The cake design was simple and elegant. We chose vanilla cake with Nutella buttercream alternating with a layer of chocolate cake and chocolate buttercream, and both... Read More tasted absolutely delicious. My husband and I received so many compliments and we were very happy with our cake.

My July 3 wedding

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 NYISHA

Butterfly Bakeshop is absolutely amazing! I planned my wedding from Florida and they were very accommodating and helpful. My cake was beautiful and tasted even better than it looked. They also gave the best price of everyone I contacted. I will recommend them to any and... Read More everyone.

2014-07-30T10:55:10 Response from Stacey, the member

It was a pleasure working with you too. We are all so happy that your cake exceeded your expectations!

Amazing Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 7/25/2014 Jacquelyn S

I found a picture of a wedding cake I fell in love with and Butterfly Bakeshop replicated the wedding cake perfectly and scaled it down to size for my wedding with 40 guests. Everyone at my wedding raved about the wedding cake and said not only was it beautiful, the cake and... Read More buttercream had excellent texture, moisture and flavor. Quite simply, everyone loved it. Butterfly Bakeshop makes incredible cakes, their prices are reasonable and they are a pleasure to work with.

2014-07-25T11:06:39 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that you and your guests loved the cake. We thought is was really pretty too. We look forward to celebrating with you in the future!

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Caroline T

We chose a small but intricate cake and it came out beautifully - our photos are amazing and the cake was delicious! The team was very responsive and extremely professional - it was a pleasure working with them and I highly recommend them to other brides.

2014-07-22T09:33:34 Response from the vendor

We are glad to hear that you loved your cake! Large or small we strive to create the cake you dreamed of. We look forward to celebrating with you in the future.

Amazing cake and amazing bakery!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Kimberly A

Butterfly Bakeshop was such a find; it was very overwhelming finding a bakery in NYC that would do a relatively small wedding cake (35 guests) for a reasonable price. Many places flat out told me that it was not worth the effort to make a cake so small. Butterfly though was as... Read More accommodating as could be -- especially helpful since I don't live in NYC but was getting married there. Our tasting was incredible (and free! a rarity); their unique flavor combinations cannot be found anywhere else. We wound up going with a simple Swiss dot with twisted rope design, and the cake was so pretty! We had a lemon cake with honey-ginger buttercream filling -- perfect for summer. Everyone was RAVING about how delicious the cake was. And lastly, Butterfly was significantly cheaper than any other bakery - in fact, the final product, including delivery, was close to $200 cheaper than any other bakery I could find. An absolute gem of a business!

2014-07-15T19:00:41 Response from Stacey, the member

We are happy that we were able to make it easy for you. Weddings come in all sizes anad everyone deserves a special cake on their special day. Your cake was may have been simple but it was elegant as well. We look forward to... Read Less Read More

DELICIOUS & PERFECTLY TRADITIONAL!

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Tara G

Butterfly Bakeshop makes it easy! The guide to building your own cake within your budget is unlike any other vendor and so user friendly. The cakes we had tasted delicious and everyone loved it. We kept it very simple, but the 4-tiered cake looked beautiful.

Everything I could have ever wanted!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2014

What an awesome experience it was to use Butterfly Bakeshop for my wedding cake! They listened to exactly what I wanted, made suggestions based on the info I gave them, and overall helped with everything! We went in for a tasting and the cake was absolutely delicious! I had... Read More MANY guests tell me they usually do not like wedding cake and that this one was delish! We went with a lemon cake with raspberry jam filling and a vanilla cake with raspberry buttercream! We had a 3 tier rectangular cake by the way! The cake once it arrived was stunning!!!! It looked better than I could have imagined :) Could not have been happier with Butterfly Bakeshop and I absolutely recommend them 100% and will use them again if I ever need a fancy cake!

Rave reviews from our guests

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Mark T

On our wedding day we agonized over every detail to make sure things were just perfect. And everything came off just as we planned - perfectly. But now, two weeks after the wedding, it seems the one thing people remember and talk about the most is the cake! Now, granted, it WAS... Read More the best wedding cake by far, according to...well, EVERYONE... But hey what about all that other stuff? You mean I could have ONLY ordered a Butterfly Bakeshop cake and that's all I would have needed to make this a memorable event that everybody talks about for weeks? NOW you tell me! Take all the stress out of the cake decision - just order from Butterfly. Seriously, just do it.

2014-04-14T09:27:57 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that we helped make your wedding day memorable and we are glad that your day was perfect!

Fantastic Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 2/24/2014 m b

Having researched many bakeries in search of a great wedding cake we kept coming across Butterfly Bakeshop. Upon contacting the shop and speaking with Sarah we knew we had made the right decision to move forward with them. Sarah did a great job of communicating with us over... Read More all the details. They worked with us on a design for the cake which implemented our monogram from the invitation along with our wedding colors and flowers. Calla Lilies topped off the cake. Sarah invited us to the shop for a tasting which was very helpful and of course very delicious. It was a hard choice to make given cake, frosting and a selection of fillings. It was all well worth it when the big day finally came and we received so many compliments. Though not exorbitant in price it was money well spent.

Perfect

Reviewed on 11/27/2013 Lauren P

I just can't say enough about Butterfly Bakeshop. We asked for a custom caked based on the painting The Kiss. Our vision was surpassed 10 times over. We couldn't have dreamt up a better cake. More than that, it was delicious! I would recommend Butterfly Bakeshop to... Read More anyone. More than that, if they were to choose someone else I would do everything I could to talk them out of it. From the tasting to the delivery to the visual appeal and deliciousness this truly was a cake worth remembering. Butterfly Bakeshop and their fantastic cake played a huge role in making our special day even more special. THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

Loved my cake from Butterfly Bake Shop

Reviewed on 11/27/2013 Brooke F

It was a pleasure to work with Sarah at Butterfly Bake Shop. The cake turned out beautifully, exactly as I had envisioned - and it was absolutely delicious. We went the a la carte route, and chose a 3 tier cake with ribbons and roses. There were so many flavors to choose... Read More from, but we ultimately went with marble cake/cookies and cream filling. Delicious!! And, best of all, very reasonably priced for NYC. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Butterfly to anyone looking for a special occasion cake.

Thank you, Butterfly Bakeshop!

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Ann L

I just had my wedding over the weekend - I had put off looking for a bakery for my wedding cake, but Sarah and her team at Butterfly Bakeshop were so accommodating, helpful and easy to work with. They created a cake sample kit for my husband and me, and they also worked with the... Read More venue to work out the delivery of the cake - one less thing for me to worry about! And they also had a great value for cakes, which was like the icing on the cake!! Thank you so much!

Stacey & Orlando León

Executive Chef Orlando León came to the United States from Bogota, Colombia. He began working at the renowned River Café and worked wtih several well-known chefs including Larry Forgione and Jonathan Waxman. He was Executive Sous and Pastry Chef at Metropolis and as Executive Chef at Nadine’s, The Kitano and Benjamin Hotels. His calling as a Cake Artist began with his daughter's butterfly cake. Then, requests came for him to create one-of-a-kind cakes for others special celebrations. Butterfly Bakeshop was born with an elegant butterfly confection its signature now found on every cake.

TO Butterfly Bakeshop