Buzz & the Blue Cats-WINNER Knot Best of Weddings 2017

Serving All of Texas

Providing Timeless, Romantic, Energetic Music!

Buzz & the Blue Cats perform music that is timeless, romantic, classy, energetic and fun for all generations to dance to! Performing throughout Texas (and beyond!) for almost a decade, we pull from Swing, R&B, Jazz, Motown, Pop, Country, Early Rock 'n' Roll & Big Band Era. In addition, a great emcee for your event, sound, lights and cordless mic are included!

Country, Jazz, Pop, R&B

Rehearsals + Parties, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music

Austin, TX Serving All of Texas (512) 987-8054

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Patrick K

Buzz and the Blue Cats played at our wedding this past July and they were incredible! Not only did they have everyone on the dance floor all night, but they were also such a joy to work with. Scott went out of his way to make sure the night went as smoothly as possible, giving... Read More us a call a month before the wedding to discuss all details. So many friends have come up to me since our wedding to tell me how much they loved our band, I can’t recommend Buzz and the Blue Cats enough!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017

You would be hard pressed to find a better band to play at your event. They played our wedding and kept the celebration going well into the night and got everyone on the dance floor. Carol is amazing to work with and will handle anything you need with kindness and grace. Scott... Read More and the band are wonderful, professional and have that 'it' factor to know how to play to the crowd. They treat you like family and they were the easiest vendor to work with. Get B&BC on the booked as soon as your set your date, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Charles K

Buzz & The Blue Cats were a hit at our wedding!! Carol & Scott were true professionals that made this process seamless. They walked us through every step of the way and made us feel at ease during the stressful time of planning our wedding. Buzz (Scott) assisted us with quite a... Read More bit more than just their performance. Leah ( pianist) played the music during our procession. Buzz did a great job of hosting/MC of the wedding. The also assisted us in our grand exit by performing a second line!! Several of my guests commented that this was one of the best weddings that they've ever attended. The band or the music at a wedding can make or break it. Everybody was on the dance floor regardless of age. Buzz and the Blue Cats have such a wide variety of songs that they can play. We went through the list and highlighted a couple of must have songs! They listened to our taste and played incredible music for four hours! I highly recommend this band if you're looking for music for a wedding or event. I would definitely use them again!!! Maybe our 10 year anniversary?

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Jordan D

My husband and I booked Buzz and The Blue Cats for our November wedding and my goodness, they are amazing! They did a wonderful job learning my husband and I's first dance song, as well as a song that I wanted to surprise my husband with. By the end of the night, I was not... Read More ready to leave the dance floor because of the great energy they brought to the reception. They had their timing down perfectly and made sure to take their breaks at all the right times. Their sound tech even didn't mind that my 4 year old nephew watched him work almost the entire night! They're beyond talented and I would book them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Patrick K

We are so happy to have had Buzz and the Blue Cats perform at our wedding this summer! They were recommended by some friends and most definitely did not disappoint- they had the dance floor full from the moment it opened until the very last song, which was all we could have... Read More asked for. The band did a fantastic job by accommodating our tastes from their vast set list. We have had so many friends and family members rave about the music since the wedding and we owe it all to Buzz and the band. I would highly recommend Buzz and the Blue Cats for a wedding band- they have great sound, really do care about making the night memorable, and provide great value!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Loren R

Because I have a little background in music, I was very picky with the quality of the sound of the band. After listening to many, many bands, I found this awesome band. They far exceeded my expectations on the wedding day playing every song we had picked out. Furthermore, they... Read More were so professional throughout the entire process. Everyone kept telling us during the night how great the band was. I highly recommend this band!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Debbie G

This is the best band ever! All our guests never left the dance floor!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Susan H

Buzz and the Blue Cats have been absolutely great to work with - knowledgeable, capable, accommodating, and helpful at every turn. Scott and Carol are both so friendly, and have a sweet family. The band gave us just the experience we hoped for! The music at the wedding was... Read More tailored just for us - loud when we wanted loud and soft when it needed to be softer, fun and beautiful music well-done, and according to the list we submitted. Scott was just right as master of ceremonies, timing things well, enhancing the reception in every way. I highly recommend Buzz and the Blue Cats!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Stephanie H

If I could give Carol, Buzz and his band more than 5 stars, I would. My husband and I were not planning to have a band until we serendipitously heard them playing one evening as we were checking out a venue. We hadn't even heard them sing, just the ambient music as guests were... Read More trickling in, and I knew we had to have them. You could tell they "just got it" with regard to what music is needed at district parts of a wedding. Sure enough, when we looked up the band, read others' reviews and heard some demos online, they were by far *the best* band. Though I hadn't been looking initially, I of course, looked up other bands to compare and nothing/no one did. Carol was wonderful in helping us schedule Buzz and the band at super short notice (they happened to free that weekend, and I mean like <1 months before the wedding). They even worked within the physical space we had and accommodated a request for a smaller band set based upon our needs. Both she and Buzz helped my husband and I decide what kind of music would be best fitting for our vision of our wedding, how things would go and though I could chose songs to hear throughout the night, I really opted to just have Buzz and the band decide what made sense based upon the crowd and how the night was going. To say they "made the night" is nothing short of the truth. Throughout the evening and, now, months after, we hear from guests how wonderful the band was and that they were the best other guests have heard at weddings, too. They got people dancing, singing, and loving all kinds of music to dance to and generally be together with. Having Buzz's expertise and wedding know-how as support really calmed my anxiety--if you think about it, this is his expertise--they do weddings all the time and I, hopefully, will only experience being the bride once. Knowing they were on board helped me relax and enjoy the night, and most of all, their talent and professionalism made ours an incredibly memorable night. We sincerely hope to work with them in the future and wouldn't hesitate to contract with them for future family and/or work events. Wouldn't think to look anywhere else. We'll be forever grateful we found them.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Raj D

Phenomenal band! Scott is an amazing singer and really made our reception a very memorable moment. We have received several compliments from our guest about the band. Carol is very easy to work with and was able to accommodate our budget and the size of the venue. She is very... Read More warm and really cares about making our night memorable! We are very grateful to Scott and Carol for being such wonderful people!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Brittany B

Hiring Buzz and the Blue Cats is one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. We did some research on pricing and song lists and booked them from out of state without meeting them. They did a wedding at our venue (LBJ Wildflower Center) before our wedding but it... Read More was a different set up so it was new for them. Buzz met with us a month before our wedding when we were there for our walkthrough to ask some questions and make sure he was pronouncing our names right, etc. We gave him our must have list and request for house music and he played it all just as we requested! He also offered to play our first dance song (Leon Bridges, Coming Home) which was not on his song list. I was a little nervous but can honestly say he cfrushed it. It sounded so good that I forgot that it wasn’t the track until I caught a glimpse of him singing (ha). The band was energetic the entire event and our guests are still talking about how much fun they were. Buzz was also flexible when at the end of the night our send off car was late and they played a few more songs as our wedding coordinator figured out where the car was. I would highly recommend Buzz and The Blue Cats. They are super easy to work with and are the best value you will find in Austin!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Kathryn H

Buzz and the Blue Cats were a total hit at the wedding! All ages loved their music, and they were magicians with the sound, making sure that it was never too loud or too quiet. We had a great time dancing to their music, and absolutely recommend them.

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Colette C

Great band! They were so accommodating and were the perfect touch on the wedding. Don't do a DJ - get this band! If you're looking for a classy, fun band to really "jazz" up the night, here you go! I told them I was from New Orleans and they did a lovely second line for me and... Read More my husband. I asked them to add a few touches to our first dance song and they handled it without issue! They ever took request form the guest which was a great touch. Absolutely FANTASTIC band - I Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Regan S

They were awesome! We are huge music people and they took our wedding to the next level. All we've heard the past few weeks is how great our band was!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jocelyn J

Not only were Buzz and Carol probably my most favorite vendors to work with leading up to the wedding (so easygoing, friendly, full of fun ideas and great at making me feel calm and that they had everything under control...), the band truly MADE the night! Everyone had an... Read More absolute blast and never left the dancefloor. I wasn't able to see them live before booking them, so was a tad nervous since my husband and I are BIG music people, but we were totally blown away. They were awesome at putting together a perfect mix of songs for us throughout the night, played our "songs" perfectly, and just were an absolute delight to work with. Zero complaints. BOOK THEM. NOW!!! Seriously.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Lachelle S

I had the opportunity to hear Buzz and the Blue Cats at a wedding last night and I love them! Wonderful music, great singing and fantastic atmosphere. I was blown away with how great the music was. I knew every song and could sing along. However, I didn't because I was the... Read More wedding videographer. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone wanting to have a swinging good time.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Krishnan V

Buzz and the Blue Cats MADE our wedding. Scott met with my wife and I prior to our wedding and thoughtfully worked with us to develop ideas for the different musical elements of the evening (first dance, father/daughter dance, etc). His wife Carol was also wonderful to work with... Read More throughout the process. Scott also helped us keep on schedule during our reception, a testament to how he goes above and beyond what is expected. The band played the perfect blend of music that makes EVERYONE from the toddles to grandparents want to hop out on the dance floor. They have such a large catalog of music and can put together a large live band with horns, keyboards and multiple vocalists. Buzz and the Blue Cats also had a great working relationships with the folks at Mercury Hall where we had our wedding and so they're arrival and departure were seamless. I wish we could get married again so we could hire them one more time!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Patty J

We booked Buzz & the Blue Cats for our daughter's wedding in April. They were absolutely the BEST!! Everyone danced, all night long...in fact, the night went by so fast - we couldn't believe it was over! Buzz was awesome! The band played music that everyone loved and the... Read More dance floor was packed the entire night. We still get glorious compliments on what a great dance band you guys are!! Thanks for making our daughter's wedding a total blast!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Stephanie A

I was very happy with the performance of Buzz and the Blue Cats - they are technically excellent, looked good on stage, and really helped make our wedding a blast. They offer a wide range of music to encourage dancing in a multi-generation crowd, and are very accommodating in... Read More letting the bride/groom prioritize songs that they feel are best. I have already recommended to friends who are planning weddings.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

We searched so long for a band before we were referred to Buzz & the BlueCats... we cannot say enough about them. They were so wonderful to work with!! Our guests danced the ENTIRE night. We had a mix of older parents and younger nieces & nephews... everyone had a great... Read More time. They played a great mix of genres. We would highly recommend them - you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016

My daughter and her fiancee chose Buzz and the Blue Cats for their June 4 wedding at Ma Maison in Dripping Springs. What an excellent choice! Every number was so beautifully done and after the "first dance" the dance floor was packed. A running comment was that everyone... Read More wished the evening had been a little longer because the band was so good! Also, they are professional, accessible and dependable. All in all, a perfect choice for a live band. Thanks for adding so much to our enjoyment of a perfect day.

BOOK THIS BAND!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Jacqueline F

Buzz and the Blue Cats were the BEST band we could have ever asked for. I would use them again for all of my events. Buzz and his wife were so easy to work with. They met with us ahead of time to coordinate schedule and help us with flow of the reception. They allowed us to... Read More attend one of their other events so that we could see their style. They even learned our first dance song in less than a month and performed it perfectly! Overall, we could not have been happier. My guests continue to tell me that they were the hit of the wedding. Everyone, all ages, was on the dance floor ALL night. We even extended our reception because our guests wanted to dance longer. We could not be more grateful to have had such an amazing band that made our night seamless and incredibly fun.

Reviewed on 12/30/2015

Buzz and the Blue Cats were the HIGHLIGHT of our wedding! They read the crowd, brought the party to life, and kept the energy going all night long. Weeks after the wedding, we are still hearing about how amazing they were. Scott, aka Buzz the bandleader, went above and beyond to... Read More make our event perfect. He’s not only an amazing musician—he’s personable, easy to work with, and a good person.

Reviewed on 12/30/2015

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Carme F

We got Buzz and the Blue Cats for our wedding last October 24th and I am very happy that we did. We had thunderstorms the day of our wedding and Buzz still was on time and I didn't have to worry about anything! People were just dancing and having Buzz play in our reception made... Read More the event extra special. I also had this crazy idea of singing at the reception and surprising my husband -- Buzz worked with me on his day off to practice and to make sure that I will be comfortable with the song that I chose to sing. All in all, I am very impressed with Buzz and the Blue Cats and will highly recommend them to anybody who's getting married. :)