Philadelphia’s Premier Entertainment Company

BVTLive! (Brandywine Valley Talent) is Philadelphia’s award-winning Premier Entertainment Company for Dance and Wedding Bands which include our Award Winning Bands: Jellyroll, the Sid Miller Dance Band, All About Me, Big Ric Rising, Midnight Hour, City Rhythm, Strangers, Deja Blue, Back2Life, Contagious and Vinyl Groov. We also offer specialty acts and aesthetic enhancements. We are proud to be recommended by the area's most prestigious venues and be represented at 1000 events each year.

Instruments

Accordion, Bagpipes, Banjo, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Steel Drum, Trombone, Trumpet, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Music

114 Commons Court, Chadds Ford, PA (610) 358-9010

BVTLive: All About Me!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Christy B

We used BVTLive's band All About Me for our wedding, and it was one of the best decisions we made! All the guests could not stop talking about the amazing band and the dance floor was completely packed with EVERYONE ALL NIGHT! We had the absolute best time, and the band is... Read More certainly one of my favorite memories from that night. They were able to read the crowd and really did an excellent job interacting with the crowd and selecting great songs! Also, prior to the event, coordinating with the band was easy and low stress. We were able to do a song selection online and did a phone conference with the band that worked well. I really cannot speak highly enough about this wedding. Just absolutely the best.

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Gina L

We had the ALL ABOUT ME BAND at our wedding and they were awesome!! Everyone from our friends to families raved about the band. They kept the party rolling and kept everyone on the dance floor. Even some relatives that don't usually dance were up having a blast! The talent of... Read More this group is top notch! My husband and I are both professional music educators, so having a talented band was a must- and this band did not let us down. Mike's arrangements are well crafted, the horn-line and rhythm section has top notch players, and the vocals were amazing. This band was worth every penny! I would highly recommend this band for your next event-you will not be disappointed!!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Jamie M

My husband and I chose Big Ric Rising from BVTLive! for our wedding. Big Ric and they rest of his band were so fantastic! They got everyone on the dance floor and kept them dancing all night long! Big Ric is so enthusiastic and really gets personable with the guests! Our... Read More guests are still talking about how great our band was! They even learned 4 new songs for us! We are so happy we chose them for our special day!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Kathleen J

BVT's band, The Strangers, was incredible. My daughter was married on 6/23/17 and I actually have a photo where literally all 225 people are dancing. Their range of songs appeals to all and even though my daughter and her fiancee only selected their song and the mother and... Read More father of the bride songs in advance, the set list was perfect. We choose them because they performed at a previous wedding we were at with my daughter and her fiancee. Up until that point, Melissa SWORE she was not dancing at her wedding because she didn't like to dance. Half way through that event I found her on the dance floor having a ball. We booked them the next day! In addition, they accomodated a request from the Maid of Honor, a professional singer, to do special song with them. It was flawless. Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Kim S

We had Jellyroll for our wedding band and they were phenomenal. They did a great job at keeping the flow of the evening - with introductions, dinner, special dances, cake cutting, etc. The dance floor was packed the entire time. The musicianship is unmatched! The singers... Read More have great range and sound just like the actual artists! The entire band was very into it and even engaged the crowd on the dance floor. The music can make or break a party....definitely worth the price!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Lauren F

We used Jellyroll for our April wedding. You could not ask for a more incredible band, and Kurt could not have been nicer! From the music during our ceremony until the last song the band did not miss a beat! We LOVED them!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Carol Ann F

Philander Chase Knox Estate May 27,2017 BVTLive's "Jellyroll" band leader Kurt and members were AMAZING from 4-10 p.m., with only a 20 minute dinner break, as we celebrated our daughter's wedding!! We live out of state in the DC area and it was a leap of faith to hire Jellyroll... Read More upon a high recommendation from a friend. The dance floor was packed the entire evening with their spectacular musicians branching out onto the floor with our guests! Thank you BVTLive and we hope to enjoy more gigs with you in the future!!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Justine G

We hired Paul from BVT Live to play piano at our cocktail hour for our April 2017 wedding. He was so great! We first heard him at our food tasting and knew immediately we wanted to hire him. He was easy to work with. We sent him a list of songs so he knew what type of music we... Read More liked and he played those songs and more. We received many compliments on his music from our guests and he was the perfect addition to our cocktail hour! I would highly recommend him to any bride and groom! Thank you Paul!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Christine R

We recently worked with BVTLive! and had Midnight Hour as our wedding band. What an incredible night!! I could not have asked for a better evening. They kept the energy high and played a range of music that kept everyone going! From age 9-96, everyone was on the dancefloor all... Read More night long! Thank you Midnight Hour for the most incredible evening!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Nancy M

AMAZING! We booked Back2Life for our wedding and they were FANTASTIC! They were wonderful to deal with during the planning process and made sure to play songs that we really enjoyed. Everyone at our wedding were commenting on how great the band was throughout the night - the... Read More reception wasn't even over and people were raving! I can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Jackie R

We used All About Me for our winter wedding... Best wedding band EVER!! Every guest could not believe how amazing the band was. One of our guests insisted their brother use this band for their upcoming wedding (they are). They learned our favorite song for the first dance and... Read More nailed it! They also made sure to include songs we love! The band was incredibly accommodating and put on a fantastic show. The energy was unreal. Some of friends have even talked about pitching in to hire them for a "just because" party, they were that good. The entire process of hiring them from the beginning was top notch (thank you Bill Handy). Look no further, use All About Me as your wedding band and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Jessica P

Midnight Hour performed during both the cocktail hour and also the reception at our October 29 wedding at HollyHedge Estate. Both Bill Handy, our agent at BVT Live, and Shavin Duffy, the band lead for Midnight Hour, were incredibly helpful and collaborative throughout our... Read More planning process. Their guidance and seasoned experience were invaluable as we configured our wedding timeline and music selection. For our wedding, we knew we wanted instrumental classics during cocktail hour and lots of dancing during the reception, loaded with Motown hits as well as classics from the 80s and 90s. Shavin understood our taste and helped us curate the perfect song list to ensure our guests would never leave the dance floor. On our wedding day, Midnight Hour were consummate professionals. They were amazing MCs, friendly, fun and courteous with every one of our guests, professionally (and stylishly) dressed, and extremely easy to work with. Since they have their own dedicated sound technician (who also managed audio for our ceremony), setup was seamless and we had zero audio issues during our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Shavin and his team communicated with us and our planners throughout the night to check in and keep us on timeline, and I appreciated their nimbleness and flexibility whenever plans inevitably shifted over the course of the evening. Now to the fun part: the music. we knew we loved Midnight Hour the first time we saw them in Ardmore -- and they did not disappoint on our wedding day! From our first dance when Shavin sang one of the best renditions of Elvis' "Can't Helping Falling in Love" we've ever heard to the final song, "Higher and Higher," their combination of rhythm, brass and male / female vocalists had our guests dancing all night and raving for weeks after the event. What is evident from the start is that this band enjoys playing together -- and that makes all the difference when creating a truly joyous atmosphere. We're so happy that Midnight Hour could be part of our wedding and are grateful for all that Shavin and his team did to ensure it was a fun event.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Carol K

BVTLive! was so wonderful to work with! A great resource for all your music entertainment needs. Bill Handy was exceptional helping us with all the music for our daughter's wedding November 12, 2016 at the Philadelphia Cricket Club. We had "Stringsations" for the ceremony and... Read More cocktail hour. They were excellent, professional, brilliant musicians. For the reception, "All About Me" was the 10 piece band! EXCELLENT!! Again, brilliant musicians. So professional, entertaining. Our guests were dancing all night and loved this band! They were so organized , emceeing the entire reception. Woud HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Exceeded expectations.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Lisa M

The Contagious Party Band out of BVT!Live were INCREDIBLE. I'm not sure why they're not reviewed on here more? After seeing them perform a showcase there was no question we needed them for our wedding reception. Walt is so laid back it helps ease the stress of wedding planning,... Read More and Paul is available at every turn to coordinate. Our dance floor was packed all night long. People have not stopped commenting how much fun our wedding was, and I owe it in part to having such an amazing band. My father wanted to play guitar during our first dance, and the band was completely open to it - they even invited him to a rehearsal so they could work it all out. They have a great grasp on all genres of music, old and new - and I am still just so thrilled at how well it worked out!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Ryan E

I recently worked with EBE's Imagine band. Janine and her band was so amazing to work with, definitely got everyone having a great time at the dance floor! Highly recommended for the best wedding band in the tri-state area!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Jill M

Our wedding was at the end of October held at the Hyatt at the Bellevue and Jellyroll was our band of choice. There are not enough superlatives to describe how terrific of a performance they held the night of our wedding. Our main goal was to have the dance floor filled the... Read More entire night and that was more than achieved. Jellyroll came highly recommended and we had high expectations, but they exceeded those expectations. Not only was the band first rate and delivered an exceptional night of entertainment, but Kurt, the band leader was great to deal with throughout the process, taking phone calls, promptly answering emails, making suggestions, etc. Jellyroll made our wedding a complete success -- if you want the best, you really must go with them!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Lily Q

Deciding to go with Midnight Hour for our wedding reception was one of the best decisions we made – we could not recommend them more highly! Communicating and planning with them was incredibly easy, and the band leader, Shavin, was excellent in following up on details with us... Read More and going over our timeline. Our reception was better than we could have ever imagined, largely in part because of Midnight Hour’s unbelievable talent. Our first dance, father-daughter, and mother-son dances will be ones we remember forever, and they had our guests on the dance floor all evening long! The music was amazing, and the way they handled the flow of the evening was flawless! The vocalists and musicians are top-notch and the band as a whole is a class act. We really cannot thank them enough!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Brian F

BVT was great to work with, and Big Ric Rising was an absolutely amazing band. While they may be one of the higher priced bands - if you want your guests to be up and dancing and laughing, book Big Ric Rising. We can't even remember the songs they played, but we keep getting... Read More compliments on how great the band was.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Lisa W

BVT was an incredible addition to our wedding! We utilized the band, Jellyroll & their Party Cam Photo Booth. We have had so many compliments from our wedding guests at how amazing everything was, thanks to BVT! Jellyroll is the BEST band in the area!! They were absolutely... Read More incredible, didn't stop the whole night & didn't miss a beat! They were even incredibly gracious & happy to share the stage with a special surprise guest at our wedding, too! They area such a talented group of musicians & know how to get a party rocking!! They had our guests dancing the ENTIRE night! The Party Cam Photo Booth was a fabulous addition. They brought some of the best props I have ever seen at a wedding. Our guests had a blast dressing up!! The pictures turned out so great too! I'd highly recommend BVT for any special event or occasion! They are the best!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Kimberly H

AMAZING! We cannot recommend BVT Live and our band, Back2Life, more. From the start, the entire team was helpful, responsive, and understanding of our vision. Everyone was quick to respond to emails or phone calls, and helped us find the perfect band for our day. The band... Read More members were great to work with, and we received so many compliments! Back2Life kept everyone entertained and dancing all night long! We highly recommend this company and band to anyone looking for a great time at a reasonable price!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Avi S

WOW WOW WOW is all I can say! My husband and I hired Big Ric Rising from BVT for our wedding this past August. Big Ric Rising was nothing short of incredible. He was so unbelievable that I still have friends who attended my wedding asking me for his contact information all of... Read More these months later. Big Ric is a TRUE professional and is honestly one of the most gifted vocalists I have ever heard. In fact, he played my Bat Mitzvah in 2002 and my wedding in 2016--now who can say that! Big Ric Rising is an incredible ensemble of approximately 9 musicians and if you are looking to throw an epic party than they are definitely the band for you. Big Ric made the night so special and it truly the best night of my life. If you want a PARTY that your guests will talk about for years to come then Big Ric Rising from BVT is your man.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Lauren P

Choosing a great band was the most important part of our day - so before we even picked a venue, we made sure to get JellyRoll's available dates! We had seen them perform at other weddings and the Philadelphia Car Show and knew we had to have them play at our wedding! The band... Read More was absolutely amazing!! Kurt made sure all of our requested songs were played and even pulled us up on the stage with the band to dance through the last song. My husband only had one request for our wedding - that they play his favorite Spanish dance song. Kurt ended the night playing this song on the loudspeakers through the room and all of our friends attacked the stage and danced with the band! Our guests did not leave the dance floor the entire night - we had the most amazing time and would HIGHLY recommend JellyRoll! Thanks, Kurt, for helping to make our big day so special!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Ashley F

Big Ric and the Rising were phenomenal at our wedding. They had everyone dancing the whole time and were so entertaining!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Bernie L

Wonderful experience, exceeded my high and lofty expectations!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Carly M

The best decision I ever made (besides marrying my husband) was hiring Jellyroll to play at our wedding this September (2016). Guests would not stop talking about how great the band was, how I found them, and if I could send them their information. The dance floor was literally... Read More never empty. Towards the end of the night every. Single. Person. At our wedding was crammed onto the dance floor. Guests said they had never seen anything like it! Trust me, hire Jellyroll and you will be SOO happy you did! They are so much fun, so professional, and SO talented! I could not have asked for a better experience! Thank you Kurt and Jellyroll!!!

Meet The President

Kurt Titchenell

Kurt Titchenell is the founder and President of BVTLive! He is also the bandleader, trombone player, and co-creator of the award-winning dance band, Jellyroll. He has been performing with the band since 1980. Kurt began studying music at an early age, leading him to pick up the trombone at age 15. Kurt has studied at Settlement Music School in Philadelphia and continued his studies at West Chester University. Kurt's dedication to his profession is evident in every aspect of his professional life. As President of BVTLive, Kurt is committed to making your event a success