... it's your celebration!

'By Request' is the premier Central Coast DJ & Event company. Offering DJ & MC services, Lighting, Floral and Event Design. If you’re looking for an amazing, yet affordable event company with personalized attention, then look no further… you just found it.

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

P.O.Box 1137, Atascadero, CA Central Coast (805) 466-3025

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Daisha S

Jeremy & Nina were amazing! I wasn't sure how to pick a DJ. I started by asking friends and reading reviews. I called By Request and talked to Nina on the phone. I instantly got a really good vibe from her. During our initial chat she offered some really great advice (including... Read More ways to save money since we werent on a huge budget) and was really nice and fun to talk to. I made a couple other calls but the vibe I got from talking to Nina totally sold me. I booked By Request without meeting them in person first. About a month later we scheduled a time to meet with Jeremy and Nina in person while we were in the area. (We aren't from the Paso area, we're about an hour and a half away, and don't make it down there much however when we knew we would be down there I called Nina and she fit me in on rather short notice which was really awesome.) Unfortunately my husband (then fiancé) wasn't able to make it last second. My MOH went with me instead. We met at a Starbucks and talked for more than 3 hours!! It didn't even feel like it was that long because we were having so much fun! Jeremy and Nina helped us go through the entire wedding day. We talked about different types of music and they gave us great suggestions/advice. They also suggested various games/activities to keep guests engaged. They made a comment in the beginning that they were there for us, it was our day and about what we wanted. I completely felt that they made the entire thing about us. They supported everything we wanted to do despite how crazy it may have sounded. After our meeting we slowly began choosing songs for our ceremony and reception on the online planning form. Based on our meeting Nina and Jeremy also helped create a timeline for us. The week of our wedding we had another call with Nina to finalize everything. This was very helpful and made things run very smooth. Our wedding was 250 guests in a big open field. Their sound system was really high quality and the music was excellent. Nina ran our day of coordinating and she was amazing!! I had several people make comments to me about what a great job she did. She made sure the entire day ran smoothly. She helped make sure people were where they needed to be, she handled vendor payments for me, we weren't able to take brides/bridesmaids photos before the ceremony and she worked with our photographer to rearrange the timeline, she worked with the caterer to make sure dinner would be ready based on our timeline changes, to name a few of the major things she did. Jeremy is excellent on the mic. He really kept people engaged and the dance floor was completely full almost instantly when open dancing started. We picked reception songs in or planning form but we totally gave them the ability to read the crowd and play what they thought was best. This totally worked because we wound up having them stay an extra hour because the dance party was still going strong! We were about an hour and a half from their hometown and it was a late night and they were still willing to stay until well after midnight. I really can't say enough good things. Jeremy and Nina were very professional and made our wedding so much fun. They are truly exceptional at what they do and I highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 MARLINA K

Jeremy & his wife Nina ARE AMAZING!! We loved working with them. They both literally SAVED OUR WEDDING DAY! The other reviews were spot on – Jeremy is a musical genius and talented MC (which are 2 extremely important parts of any party / wedding). Nina is such a sweet heart &... Read More knows the ins and outs of all wedding planning (and does beautiful floral too!) Jeremy had the dance floor PACKED the entire night & couldn't have done a better job as MC! Nina made everything beautiful & running smooth - start to finish! Communication was a breeze and they always responded promptly. When I had some major problems with my venue (Pear Valley Vineyard in Paso Robles), Jeremy & Nina stepped up to the plate and went out of their way to make sure everything still went according to plan. They went ABOVE AND BEYOND anything I could have ever dreamed of having in both DJ/MC & Event Director. They are both PROFESSIONAL, KIND, CONSIDERATE & TALENTED! Look no further, BOOK THEM NOW!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Erica S

Look NO FURTHER for your DJ, Florist AND wedding coordinator! We had Nina and Jeremy do ALL of it and what a fantastic team they are! Nina was our florist and coordinator and she did an amazing job. She worked with us to ensure we were able to recycle flowers from the ceremony... Read More to the reception and kept us perfectly on schedule as our coordinator. We had a few hiccups but Nina kept her cool and was able to make adjustments for everything. Jeremy was a hit at the wedding and everyone had a great time dancing to his music! We also had him record voice overs for our bridal party entrance and everyone absolutely loved it. They knew how to get the crowd going and are such a great team. Highly recommend them for any event you have!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Lexi K

Nina and Jeremy were a blast to work with. They were so helpful in the planning of our wedding and even shared a connection to getting married at Dark Star! From the awesome coordinating to the flowers and music EVERYTHING was truly the best. Thank you for making our day so... Read More amazing!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Jamie B

Nina and Jeremy were absolutely amazing!! I booked By Request for my DJ, Floral, Day-of Coordination and lighting. Every single aspect of what they did was spectacular. For floral I really had no idea what type of flowers I wanted. I ran the gauntlet from sunflowers to... Read More succulents. I finally narrowed down my color pallet and told her to do whatever she wanted as long as it included succulents and thistles. Wow! So glad I put my trust in her because the flowers were BEYOND gorgeous, and way better than anything I would have suggested. I also have to give her major kudos on the day-of coordination. She went above and beyond in every way - including communicating with a neighboring festival about needing to turn their music off (there was a double booking with the venue) and almost tackling a late guest who almost walked down the aisle in front of me! And I can't forget about Jeremy. He is so friendly and you can tell when you meet him that he really wants to make your day special and unique. He asked a lot of thoughtful questions about our music selections and what type of atmosphere we wanted for the big day. Overall the whole event ran so smoothly. If there were any hiccups I didn't notice them, and I owe that in large part to this amazing team. Thank you so much Nina and Jeremy!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Jodi B

Absolute perfection! Jeremy & Nina handled every detail from start to finish flawlessly. From the stunning floral & decor to the packed dance floor, my daughter's wedding at a quaint Minnesota farm was nothing short of spectacular...thanks to BY REQUEST!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Maddy B

Ryan and Nina are hands-down the best in the business. I cannot recommend them enough, from start to finish, they made my husband and I feel like their number one priority. Every detail, big and small, was fine-tuned and perfected by them, and our day was absolutely magical due... Read More to their expertise and professionalism. Nina did our event coordination and floral design, and Ryan did all of the audio engineering for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, along with being our MC and creating the ambiance of our reception site with gorgeous up-lighting. Our guests raved at how flawless our evening was, it was truly like a fairytale, all thanks to Ryan and Nina of ByRequest. We are so thankful that they were apart of our special day! Thank you Ryan and Nina! Much love, The Johnsons.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 April S

We worked with Nina to make our wedding beautiful with flowers. She did an amazing job! I loved the Pinterest board she creates for all her clients...its a perfect visual way to share ideas and make sure everyone is on the same page. She is easy to communicate with and really... Read More has a great eye for beauty. I loved the geo-shaped centerpieces with flowers and LED lights... they were unique and beautiful, just as I wanted :) I can't recommend Nina enough, take a look at her work...it speaks for itself! Thanks, Nina!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Jill C

By Request is the best! Nina was amazing at our daughter’s wedding with the bouquets and arbor decoration at the ceremony, as well as floral arrangements and decorations at the reception/dinner and even the dancing area! Jeremy played exactly what we asked for the ceremony, the... Read More reception and kept the dance floor full with the greatest selection of music for all ages. Jeremy also has a fabulous voice that captures everyone’s attention, when it came time for speeches, special dances, cake cutting, etc. Jeremy and Nina are professionals that the central coast is blessed to have! Thank you to Jeremy and Nina for making our daughter’s wedding an amazing day! We will forever be grateful to “by Request”!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Zach K

Where to start - Nina and Jeremy are an absolute dream team. I have no idea how we would have pulled anything off without them. From the start, we were impressed when she sent a detailed quote with precise and accurate details from our phone conversation (anyone who has... Read More attempted to get pricing from wedding vendors will understand what a miracle this is). We went with the whole package, Nina was our day of coordinator and florist and Jeremy was our DJ and he did lighting (included with the package). Nina does not charge enough for the services she provides - it was closer to month of coordination. When we were starting to go crazy with the details she was always jumping in with alternate ideas or suggestions, and I think she may be a mind reader when it comes to floral. Nina and Jeremy together really helped guide us through planning and timing the day as well as the music selections. They really go above and beyond anything you could expect (and beyond the lofty expectations they set)! Nina and Jeremy both attended the Friday rehearsal. Despite our families showing up an hour late, and no one paying attention to anything, they were incredibly patient and we were somehow able to get two run throughs in. They were even able to accommodate some week-of/day before small revisions without any problems and all with a smile. The day of the wedding was absolute perfection because of these two. The venue had some power issues during cocktail hour which was no problem for Nina and Jeremy, they always have a generator for such an occasion! Jeremy kept the dance floor packed the whole night, he even had some people dancing that probably didn't even dance at their own weddings. He was very strict on our “do not play” list (to the disappointment of some of our guests ;)) He struck the perfect balance of both encouraging the guests and staying in the background. While the price for just the DJ might lean towards the higher side for the area, it would be well worth it and if you book Nina for DOC and florals then the whole package is downright a steal! We cannot speak highly enough of Nina and Jeremy. Suffice to say, book with them and your event will be great!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Charlene M

We were so fortunate to have Nina (flowers and event coordination) and Jeremy (DJ and special lighting) for our son's wedding. Once you meet and talk with Nina you know you made the right decision for your special event. Nina's ideas for flowers and decorations were beautiful... Read More and perfect for the venue, while Jeremy's music and entertainment made for an evening the guest's will remember. Thank you so much Nina and Jeremy!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Teri S

I loved working with Nina and Jeremy. Both were very professional and easy to work with. Every time I had a question, it was handled quickly and professionally. The wedding went smoothly because of all the planning Nina and I did. The flowers were so beautiful and within... Read More our set budget. Thanks again to a wonderful team.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Jasmine B

Nina did an amazing job with our florals for our wedding. I never did get to meet her face to face since I planned the wedding from out of state, but it did not matter. She managed to create exactly (if not better) that what I imagined and I highly, highly, highly recommend her.... Read More She was even patient with my many changes as the wedding date drew closer.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Paula L

By Request was the perfect find for us for our DJ and floral needs. Having a wedding away from our home town was so much easier because of Jeremy and Nina! After meeting them both, we were very confident in that our wedding would come together and be exactly what we hoped for!... Read More Their assistance with the timeline and recommendations for how the evening might flow, floral, music, sound... very detailed components of the wedding were so very much appreciated. I truly trusted their expertise and they exceeded my expectations! Jeremy is a wonderful DJ who is so engaging and entertaining, and our guests gave him rave reviews. Jeremy worked with my best friend to ensure that she had a very personal and special presence during our evening, and that meant the world to me! Nina's responsiveness, availability to talk via email, phone, text, was so wonderful. I was in great hands! I appreciated her presence throughout the evening, ensuring the timeline was followed and that everything was in it's place. She did all of this beyond just setting up floral, and I appreciated that so much! Nina and Jeremy of By Request made our day so special and stress-free. I cannot recommend their services enough. Beyond their professionalism and superior services, they are wonderful people and I was thankful to have them as part of our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brenna N

Nina and Jeremy were a dream to work with! They are very professional and make sure your special day runs smoothly. Nina is very organized and makes a great wedding timeline. Her flower arrangements are gorgeous! Jeremy is such a great DJ. We had the dance floor packed all... Read More night! I highly recommend By Request for all of their services. They are top notch!!

2016-10-31T17:49:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you!! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your family! Nina

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sarah S

Nina was the florist and day-of coordinator for our wedding and we couldn't be happier with her work. She was so easy to communicate with and she went above and beyond to coordinate the details of the wedding. Our ceremony and reception were at different venues with a shuttle in... Read More between and she did a great job organizing all of the various vendors and moving parts. She also did our floral arrangements and bouquet/boutinnieres and she knocked it out of the park!! We were a little untraditional in our requests and she made everything look beautiful! We got so many compliments on our flowers. My dress had some color in it and she made a perfectly complementing bouquet. And most importantly she was a joy to work with! And on such a chaotic day it was great to work with a pro like Nina.

2016-10-31T17:51:30 Response from the vendor

Loved being a part of your wedding day! Both of you were so much fun to work with. Thank you for the kind words!! Nina

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Christine J

By Request met every expectation we had for our BIG day. Nina responded within minutes to my quote request and gave me a lot of valuable information that many brides wouldn't know otherwise. We met with Nina and she provided a packet of information which helped me keep to a... Read More timeline and prepare with planning. I did not have a wedding planner so her information was invaluable!!! We met Jeremy at our 2nd meeting where we talked about the timeline, songs and any circumstances they needed to be informed about. By Request makes your BIG day their priority and are not only down to earth and genuine people but a lot of fun to have at your party! They bring humor to the party, are very accommodating and affordable! Highly recommended for any event!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Mandy G

With our wedding out of town in San Miguel, we were unsure of our options for a dj. All it took was a simple phone call & Skype call to meet Nina & Jeremy. They were absolutely amazing to us! They knew very little about us but made our day perfectly fit us! Nina makes sure to... Read More get the fine details & communicates so well with Jeremy! They are the perfect team! Although we only used them as our dj, they do so much more! Nina even put together our timeline! Complete talent & very affordable! Hire them if you want your wedding to be a hit! 🙌🏽

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kristen S

Nina and Jeremy were great! They took the time to get to know us and asked great questions to be sure they were tailoring their style to what for for us a as couple. Huge rain storm meant some last minute scrambling-Nina was fantastic at thinking creatively, being flexible... Read More and being very calm. She made sure I was making all the big decisions but took initiative on the day of with little things so I didn't have to worry. With everything in her hands, I was worry-free the whole day despite the weather challenges. Jeremy was great as well, we had the entire room dancing all night! Thanks guys!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Natalie R

Jeremy and Nina were so amazing to work with and helped to make our wedding absolutely perfect!! We had so many compliments on our dj and they were very professional and offered great advice during the planning phases. We highly recommend ByRequest!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lynn K

After meeting Jeremy at our cousin's birthday party where he was the DJ, we were so impressed with him we decided that we wanted to hire him for our daughter's wedding. Jeremy did a great job! Many of our guests took the time tell us that he was the best DJ they had ever had... Read More the pleasure of experiencing at an event. Nina is such a talented florist. She takes so much time working with you to make sure that your floral bouquets and centerpieces are exactly what you are dreaming of. They are fantastic to work with and the nicest people as well.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Meg

Jeremy and Nina are fantastic! In my search for wedding vendors, I came across a lot of companies that while seemed to have great reviews and look good on paper, either weren’t that personable or made it like your wedding was just another job. Upon first talking to Jeremy and... Read More Nina, I knew they were anything but that. From my first phone conversation with Nina, she talked me through the process and worked to get to know me and my now-husband as a couple. Nothing about By Request is about “just another job”, it’s about understanding you as a couple and making your big day as perfect as possible. By Request makes you feel special. They have online tools that let you select must play, play if possible and do not play songs, which are great for helping to customize your music selection. Their music library is endless, and even if they don’t have a song in their system, they can usually get it for you. But more than the music choices, Jeremy creates a fun, interactive atmosphere for guests -- no cheesiness. He knows how to mix up the music genres to keep everyone included. Even our grandparents never left the dance floor! All-in-all, Jeremy and Nina are personable, professional and a great team to work with! A DJ is one of the most important vendors of the day, and there is no doubt that if you choose By Request, Jeremy and Nina will make sure to treat your wedding as if it were their own and ensure it goes off without a hitch!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Sandra S

I hired Jeremy (DJ) and Nina (flowers) for my wedding and they were the most amazing team to work with. Nina's flower arrangements and bouquets were so beautiful and elegant. Jeremy was probably one of the most personable and fun DJ's that I have ever encountered. He was was... Read More so energetic and made a great MC for our wedding. He made sure that we kept to our timeline and kept the pace of the evening flowing. He was also amazing and reading the crowd and new exactly what song to play at the exact moment to keep everyone engaged and on the dance floor. After the wedding, all my guests commented about how much they loved the DJ. The whole evening was a success thanks to this fabulous team!!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016

By Request is AMAZING!!! Jeremy was the most professional DJ/MC for our daughter's wedding! He really was able to pace everything in the wedding in a seamless manner. He had a pulse on the party and kept it flowing for all of the guests. Nina was our florist and... Read More day-of-ceremony coordinator. Her floral designs were elegant and timeless. She spent so much time with us to coordinate our whole weekend. She was so valuable and our daughter kept saying, "I don't know how we could have done it without Nina! They are an amazing team and I would wholeheartedly recommend their services to anyone. They made our daughter's wedding the wedding of her dreams!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016

As mom of the bride I can tell you our whole group was so very wowed and happy with Nina's and Jeremy's superb and thoughtful services! Nina's flowers and sweet decorative touches set the beautiful stage for our shabby chic country wedding and Jeremy did a fabulous job MC'ing... Read More and keeping our party going even beyond allotted time! I recommend them wholeheartedly - don't use anyone else! They will exceed your expectations and resolve and calm any of your anxieties as they arise during planning.