... it's your celebration!

'By Request' is the premier Central Coast DJ & Event company. Offering DJ & MC services, Lighting, Floral and Event Design. If you’re looking for an amazing, yet affordable event company with personalized attention, then look no further… you just found it.

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment

P.O.Box 1137, Atascadero, CA Central Coast (805) 466-3025

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Daisha S

Jeremy & Nina were amazing! I wasn't sure how to pick a DJ. I started by asking friends and reading reviews. I called By Request and talked to Nina on the phone. I instantly got a really good vibe from her. During our initial chat she offered some really great advice (including... Read More ways to save money since we werent on a huge budget) and was really nice and fun to talk to. I made a couple other calls but the vibe I got from talking to Nina totally sold me. I booked By Request without meeting them in person first. About a month later we scheduled a time to meet with Jeremy and Nina in person while we were in the area. (We aren't from the Paso area, we're about an hour and a half away, and don't make it down there much however when we knew we would be down there I called Nina and she fit me in on rather short notice which was really awesome.) Unfortunately my husband (then fiancé) wasn't able to make it last second. My MOH went with me instead. We met at a Starbucks and talked for more than 3 hours!! It didn't even feel like it was that long because we were having so much fun! Jeremy and Nina helped us go through the entire wedding day. We talked about different types of music and they gave us great suggestions/advice. They also suggested various games/activities to keep guests engaged. They made a comment in the beginning that they were there for us, it was our day and about what we wanted. I completely felt that they made the entire thing about us. They supported everything we wanted to do despite how crazy it may have sounded. After our meeting we slowly began choosing songs for our ceremony and reception on the online planning form. Based on our meeting Nina and Jeremy also helped create a timeline for us. The week of our wedding we had another call with Nina to finalize everything. This was very helpful and made things run very smooth. Our wedding was 250 guests in a big open field. Their sound system was really high quality and the music was excellent. Nina ran our day of coordinating and she was amazing!! I had several people make comments to me about what a great job she did. She made sure the entire day ran smoothly. She helped make sure people were where they needed to be, she handled vendor payments for me, we weren't able to take brides/bridesmaids photos before the ceremony and she worked with our photographer to rearrange the timeline, she worked with the caterer to make sure dinner would be ready based on our timeline changes, to name a few of the major things she did. Jeremy is excellent on the mic. He really kept people engaged and the dance floor was completely full almost instantly when open dancing started. We picked reception songs in or planning form but we totally gave them the ability to read the crowd and play what they thought was best. This totally worked because we wound up having them stay an extra hour because the dance party was still going strong! We were about an hour and a half from their hometown and it was a late night and they were still willing to stay until well after midnight. I really can't say enough good things. Jeremy and Nina were very professional and made our wedding so much fun. They are truly exceptional at what they do and I highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Sandy D

I hired Jeremy (DJ) and Nina (flowers) for my wedding and they were the most amazing team to work with. Nina's flower arrangements and bouquets were so beautiful and elegant. Jeremy was probably one of the most personable and fun DJ's that I have ever encountered. He was was... Read More so energetic and made a great MC for our wedding. He made sure that we kept to our timeline and kept the pace of the evening flowing. He was also amazing and reading the crowd and new exactly what song to play at the exact moment to keep everyone engaged and on the dance floor. After the wedding, all my guests commented about how much they loved the DJ. The whole evening was a success thanks to this fabulous team!!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016

By Request is AMAZING!!! Jeremy was the most professional DJ/MC for our daughter's wedding! He really was able to pace everything in the wedding in a seamless manner. He had a pulse on the party and kept it flowing for all of the guests. Nina was our florist and... Read More day-of-ceremony coordinator. Her floral designs were elegant and timeless. She spent so much time with us to coordinate our whole weekend. She was so valuable and our daughter kept saying, "I don't know how we could have done it without Nina! They are an amazing team and I would wholeheartedly recommend their services to anyone. They made our daughter's wedding the wedding of her dreams!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Jasmine B

Nina did an amazing job with our florals for our wedding. I never did get to meet her face to face since I planned the wedding from out of state, but it did not matter. She managed to create exactly (if not better) that what I imagined and I highly, highly, highly recommend her.... Read More She was even patient with my many changes as the wedding date drew closer.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Paula L

By Request was the perfect find for us for our DJ and floral needs. Having a wedding away from our home town was so much easier because of Jeremy and Nina! After meeting them both, we were very confident in that our wedding would come together and be exactly what we hoped for!... Read More Their assistance with the timeline and recommendations for how the evening might flow, floral, music, sound... very detailed components of the wedding were so very much appreciated. I truly trusted their expertise and they exceeded my expectations! Jeremy is a wonderful DJ who is so engaging and entertaining, and our guests gave him rave reviews. Jeremy worked with my best friend to ensure that she had a very personal and special presence during our evening, and that meant the world to me! Nina's responsiveness, availability to talk via email, phone, text, was so wonderful. I was in great hands! I appreciated her presence throughout the evening, ensuring the timeline was followed and that everything was in it's place. She did all of this beyond just setting up floral, and I appreciated that so much! Nina and Jeremy of By Request made our day so special and stress-free. I cannot recommend their services enough. Beyond their professionalism and superior services, they are wonderful people and I was thankful to have them as part of our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brenna N

Nina and Jeremy were a dream to work with! They are very professional and make sure your special day runs smoothly. Nina is very organized and makes a great wedding timeline. Her flower arrangements are gorgeous! Jeremy is such a great DJ. We had the dance floor packed all... Read More night! I highly recommend By Request for all of their services. They are top notch!!

2016-10-31T17:49:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you!! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your family! Nina

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sarah S

Nina was the florist and day-of coordinator for our wedding and we couldn't be happier with her work. She was so easy to communicate with and she went above and beyond to coordinate the details of the wedding. Our ceremony and reception were at different venues with a shuttle in... Read More between and she did a great job organizing all of the various vendors and moving parts. She also did our floral arrangements and bouquet/boutinnieres and she knocked it out of the park!! We were a little untraditional in our requests and she made everything look beautiful! We got so many compliments on our flowers. My dress had some color in it and she made a perfectly complementing bouquet. And most importantly she was a joy to work with! And on such a chaotic day it was great to work with a pro like Nina.

2016-10-31T17:51:30 Response from the vendor

Loved being a part of your wedding day! Both of you were so much fun to work with. Thank you for the kind words!! Nina

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Christine J

By Request met every expectation we had for our BIG day. Nina responded within minutes to my quote request and gave me a lot of valuable information that many brides wouldn't know otherwise. We met with Nina and she provided a packet of information which helped me keep to a... Read More timeline and prepare with planning. I did not have a wedding planner so her information was invaluable!!! We met Jeremy at our 2nd meeting where we talked about the timeline, songs and any circumstances they needed to be informed about. By Request makes your BIG day their priority and are not only down to earth and genuine people but a lot of fun to have at your party! They bring humor to the party, are very accommodating and affordable! Highly recommended for any event!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Mandy G

With our wedding out of town in San Miguel, we were unsure of our options for a dj. All it took was a simple phone call & Skype call to meet Nina & Jeremy. They were absolutely amazing to us! They knew very little about us but made our day perfectly fit us! Nina makes sure to... Read More get the fine details & communicates so well with Jeremy! They are the perfect team! Although we only used them as our dj, they do so much more! Nina even put together our timeline! Complete talent & very affordable! Hire them if you want your wedding to be a hit! 🙌🏽

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kristen S

Nina and Jeremy were great! They took the time to get to know us and asked great questions to be sure they were tailoring their style to what for for us a as couple. Huge rain storm meant some last minute scrambling-Nina was fantastic at thinking creatively, being flexible... Read More and being very calm. She made sure I was making all the big decisions but took initiative on the day of with little things so I didn't have to worry. With everything in her hands, I was worry-free the whole day despite the weather challenges. Jeremy was great as well, we had the entire room dancing all night! Thanks guys!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Natalie R

Jeremy and Nina were so amazing to work with and helped to make our wedding absolutely perfect!! We had so many compliments on our dj and they were very professional and offered great advice during the planning phases. We highly recommend ByRequest!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lynn K

After meeting Jeremy at our cousin's birthday party where he was the DJ, we were so impressed with him we decided that we wanted to hire him for our daughter's wedding. Jeremy did a great job! Many of our guests took the time tell us that he was the best DJ they had ever had... Read More the pleasure of experiencing at an event. Nina is such a talented florist. She takes so much time working with you to make sure that your floral bouquets and centerpieces are exactly what you are dreaming of. They are fantastic to work with and the nicest people as well.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Meg

Jeremy and Nina are fantastic! In my search for wedding vendors, I came across a lot of companies that while seemed to have great reviews and look good on paper, either weren’t that personable or made it like your wedding was just another job. Upon first talking to Jeremy and... Read More Nina, I knew they were anything but that. From my first phone conversation with Nina, she talked me through the process and worked to get to know me and my now-husband as a couple. Nothing about By Request is about “just another job”, it’s about understanding you as a couple and making your big day as perfect as possible. By Request makes you feel special. They have online tools that let you select must play, play if possible and do not play songs, which are great for helping to customize your music selection. Their music library is endless, and even if they don’t have a song in their system, they can usually get it for you. But more than the music choices, Jeremy creates a fun, interactive atmosphere for guests -- no cheesiness. He knows how to mix up the music genres to keep everyone included. Even our grandparents never left the dance floor! All-in-all, Jeremy and Nina are personable, professional and a great team to work with! A DJ is one of the most important vendors of the day, and there is no doubt that if you choose By Request, Jeremy and Nina will make sure to treat your wedding as if it were their own and ensure it goes off without a hitch!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016

As mom of the bride I can tell you our whole group was so very wowed and happy with Nina's and Jeremy's superb and thoughtful services! Nina's flowers and sweet decorative touches set the beautiful stage for our shabby chic country wedding and Jeremy did a fabulous job MC'ing... Read More and keeping our party going even beyond allotted time! I recommend them wholeheartedly - don't use anyone else! They will exceed your expectations and resolve and calm any of your anxieties as they arise during planning.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Julie P

Such a perfect day! Our flowers were stunning! Thank you Nina!!

Soooooo Happy!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

We hired By Request for both DJ and floral design. What a great team Jeremy and Nina make!! Both of them were very flexible when we had questions and took such interest in the wedding we wanted to have. I have been to many weddings and by far Jeremy was the best DJ I have... Read More ever seen. He kept the evening running so smooth and when it was time to dance, WOW what a fun night!! Several of our guests came up to us throughout the night telling us he was awesome and that they haven't danced like that in years. As for Nina, my flowers were more beautiful then I thought they would be. She created exactly the perfect look I wanted and again I received compliments about how beautiful the flowers and tables looked. I would highly recommend this power couple!! They took such care of us during the planning process and when our wedding day came it was absolutely perfect!! Look no further! This team is amazing! Marie

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Samantha H

YOU CAN STOP RESEARCHING - YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR DJ/FLORIST DREAM TEAM! If you're like me, you want your wedding to be filled with all things beautiful - beautiful flowers, beautiful table settings, a beautiful ambiance and beautiful people gettin' down on the dance floor. Nina... Read More and Jeremy with By Request provided me with all of these things and helped make my dream wedding come to fruition a few weeks ago!! I first found the power couple when I was researching DJ's on the central coast of CA. Jeremy's reviews were amazing and his pricing was extremely reasonable! When I contacted the company, I was introduced to Jeremy's lovely wife Nina, who I quickly realized would be the perfect florist and day-of coordinator for my big day. Nina and Jeremy were nothing short of amazing and, as I said, they created my most memorable experience to date. We were in constant communication and they couldn't have been more responsive, helpful, happy and excited. You don't realize until you get married that it feels REALLY good to have other people feel just as excited about your big day as you are. Nina and Jeremy made me feel as though my big day was THEIR big day, and that was pretty wonderful. Choose this company, you guys. I'm telling you: you won't be disappointed!

Wedding and reception

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

Nina and Jeremy did a fantastic job in helping to make my daughters wedding perfect. Nina was the florist and she did an amazing job with the flowers. They were beautiful and she supplied the mercury glass vases and the candles for the tables. It was the prettiest table set up I... Read More have seen. Simple and beautiful all at the same time. She knocked out of the park. The bouquets were gorgeous, again just perfect with the dresses. All the flowers that Nina sprinkled around the venue looked so pretty, the whole picture was beyond perfect. Really stunning! Nina also was our "day of" coordinator, and she did a fantastic job keeping the staff going and overseeing the service. Jeremy was our DJ/MC and he did an amazing job as well. Such a nice, outgoing, personable guy. As soon as we met them we knew we were in good hands. I had quite a few people come up to me at the reception and tell me they thought he was the best DJ they had ever seen! I agree. Both Nina and Jeremy took time out of their schedules to meet with my daughter and find out about how she and Elliot met, what they liked and if they had any stories they wanted to have Jeremy share at the reception. They also had some great suggestions for the reception, idea's to make it even more fun and personal. They truly are a delight to work with and I would recommend them in a heartbeat. Nice, fun, professional, caring and very easy to work with. I don't remember what we spent, although we were on a budget, so I know they are affordable, but we walked away feeling like we had truly gotten our moneys worth and more. Did I mention they were fantastic? This review only has one category that pops up, but with By Request we got a florist, DJ and day of coordinator.

Get the party started!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Kelsey D

Nina and her husband Jeremy are the best!! Not only was it amazing having Nina as my florist/ Day of Coordinator and Jeremy as the DJ but I only had to talk with one person for all 3 of these things! First off Jeremy had everyone on the dancefloor from the time the dancing... Read More started until it ended! Everyone fell in love with his voice! haha He helped keep the schedule running smoothly the entire day and was able to get everyones attention when we needed it! He was not over the top and really was able to read the crowd. I definitely recommend the DJ services! Nina was our florist and day of coordinator! She was amazing to work with and created the most amazing and beautiful floral! It was exactly what I wanted. She had tons of centerpieces and containers that I was able to rent from her. She had the greatest ideas and helped with a lot of the setting up and breaking down. I highly recommend getting the entire package :) It made our wedding run so smoothly and we on schedule the entire day and night!

Nina & Jeremy are the best!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Kim J

Nina and Jeremy fro ByRequest were recommended to me by a coworker and I couldn't have been happier. They did both my floral and my DJ and my wedding was just absolutely perfect. Nina on the floral worked with me to pin down exactly what I wanted despite me being flower... Read More illiterate and everything came out better than I even imagined. It was a dream come true! Every little detail was just stunningly beautiful. They also do wedding coordination so even though she wasn't my coordinator, she really is an added person to help things run smoothly and plan for all the little details. Jeremy as DJ was extremely professional, had a whole checklist to make sure all of our bases were covered and all of our needs were met. We had some great dancing and an even BETTER encore of the night after some serious chanting :) Thank you guys! I wish I could live that day over and over and over!!

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Stephanie G

My husband and I used By Request as our DJ and Day of Coordinator for our wedding and couldn't have been happier with them. Jeremy and Nina are some of the sweetest people and extremely helpful. We had two meetings, one to get to know each other and another right before the... Read More wedding to square away any last minute details. They were always available to talk either by email or phone anything there were any questions or concerns about the day or music. They have an online database of music that you can pick from for must play, play if there's time and also a do not play list. It was nice to get to pick the music we wanted played at our wedding. Nina made sure our day ran smoothly and Jeremy knew how to get our guests on the dance floor just by the mood in the room. We couldn't have asked for better service.

Amazing DJ!!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Kristen G

We used By Request as our DJ for our wedding ceremony and reception this April and we would hire them again in a heartbeat! Nina and Jeremy were a pleasure to work with from the first time we met them through the wedding. They were easy to contact and discuss details with... Read More throughout the planning process and they did a fantastic job at the wedding making announcements, keeping the party moving, and getting people on the dance floor! My husband and I met line dancing in college and Jeremy even called line dances for us during the reception! All of our guests had a blast and whenever we talk to someone they tell us how much fun they had at our wedding! In addition, By Request was very budget friendly compared to other DJs we researched, which was great for our budget wedding! My husband and I would absolutely recommend By Request to anyone looking to hire a DJ for their big day!

2015-07-06T16:09:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. We had a blast with you, your family and friends!

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 3/12/2015 Ashley C

Nina and Jeremy are truly professionals with a passion for what they do. From our very first meeting we felt they were the perfect fit for our wedding. Our families LOVE music, all kinds. So we had a difficult time narrowing down an exact musical style for our wedding. We... Read More gave Jeremy a few artists and styles we liked, but basically let him run the show and judge the crowd to figure out what to play. And honestly, that was the best decision we made. He is a true professional and kept our crowd on their feet. I would not have changed one thing he did. I didn't even tell him this, but before I walked down the isle to my the ceremony, my nerves were crazy out of control. But all of a sudden, I could hear my instrumental music playing (I think it was Andrea Bocelli at the time), just like we had talked about and was immediately put at ease. He played such a great part in our day. As for Nina, she is one of a kind. She took on the whole look and feel of our wedding. From the floral, to the decor, to helping me decide on linens and set-up, she is responsible for every single compliment I received about my wedding decor. Aside from that, every so often I would look up and see her doing something, which was so comforting. In that day, as the bride or groom, you are just in a daze, not knowing what's even happening and seeing your vendors making things happen and working so hard is honestly so amazing and calming. I was so confident that they were taking care of everything, I never had to worry. Meet with them, talk with them, hire them. You will not be disappointed. They are an amazing team who truly care about the job they do. Thank you Nina & Jeremy for being such a huge part of our special day. Alberto & Ashley

Lots of fun and little stress

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Sarah S

Jeremy and Nina were wonderful working on our wedding. The flowers were perfect and just like I wanted. We planned this wedding from afar so a lot of planning was through email but they got the idea that we were looking for and the wedding was a total blast. Jeremy was great... Read More keeping the flow going on the dance floor and really helped us personalize our songs. I would highly recommend them!

Fantastic DJ & Floral Designer!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Nina H

Jeremy & Nina were amazing to work with. Jeremy took the time to get to know us and what we wanted in a DJ. His wife Nina was very helpful with the planning process as well and we also used her for our floral designer. She delivered exactly what I wanted for both the ceremony... Read More and reception flowers and they were gorgeous! The ceremony music sounded awesome and the transition to the reception was smooth. We had a custom mix for our introduction that was so much fun and our guests loved it. All the important moments through out the evening were perfect. Even though we picked our own playlist Jeremy took guests requests and the dancing was off the hook!!! I would highly recommend this husband and wife team! They were great to work with from start to finish.