byAmanda Event Studio

NYC, Tri-state Area, Hudson Valley, Adirondacks, Central NY

byAmanda Events Studio: Wedding Planning and DOC

byAmanda Event Studio is an NYC based wedding planning and Day of Coordination Studio servicing couples in the 5 boroughs and the surrounding tristate area. Owned by Amanda O'Callaghan, a 15 year veteran of the wedding industry. Specializing in down-to-earth and affordable celebrations.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

NYC, Tri-state Area, Hudson Valley, Adirondacks, Central NY (917) 560-1316

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Toni G

Amanda is absolutely wonderful and so professional it's truly impressive! Everything was absolutely amazing and everyone in our family and friends expressed how well things ran and how wonderful she was ! Can't express how organized and understanding she was with me and our... Read More wedding from the first time we spoke, and helped with so much more than expected, kept things both real while making my vague day dreams come true! I highly recommend Amanda, she did an excellent job, took care of so many things and is probably the reason why I was able to actually feel like a guest at my own wedding- truly the greatest gift anyone could give!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Michael S

Amanda was absolutely wonderful throughout the process. She had super helpful recommendations as we worked through the planning, and her management of the day of the wedding was nothing less than superb. Not only is she professional and reliable, but we really enjoyed working... Read More with her.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Ilana L

Amanda was our month of coordinator for our wedding. She was a great resource to ask questions and feedback leading up to the wedding. The day of the wedding she flawlessly executed every detail. She's extremely professional and easy to work with.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017

Amanda was an exceptional planner and an absolute necessity to our wedding planning and execution process. We are extremely particular ourselves, and had a lot of specific things we wanted – Amanda was able to execute on our vision (not impose her own preferences as some other... Read More planners might have.) She translated what we discussed in conversations and over emails to an event that was just as we had pictured. She also helped guide us and provide insights in areas we were weaker; she helped keep us on schedule; she managed all our vendor relationships, and more. She especially shined on the day of the event where she conducted a symphony of vendors and staff and even was hands on with decor and dessert plating (among other things.) I'll add that our wedding was a very untraditional format (that people loved!) With continuous food, drink, and dancing all night – start to finish – but with staggered coursing. It took place in a beer hall that had never done a wedding of this size, and several outside vendors were brought in. The room was also transformed in layout and florals. Although the space wasn't "raw" I'd say it was actually more difficult (from a planning and vendor interface perspective) to transform this venue. We'd highly recommend Amanda! (Especially for raw or semi-raw space weddings, and Brooklyn-based weddings like ours.)

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Cannon B

Great coordinator and planner. Amanda is very organized with the project planning and has a great network of contacts of good vendors. Would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding. She is a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Laura R

I was very skeptical about hiring a wedding planner because I'd head about other people's bad experiences, I consider myself pretty well organized and I didn't want to "outsource" my wedding. I interviewed several planners and right away I was impressed with Amanda. She is... Read More friendly, professional and although modest has an impressive resume/body of work. Amanda was incredibly easy to work with, is very detail oriented, always followed through when she said she would and truly went above and beyond to make it all come together for us. We had a snafu with our caterer on the day of the wedding that Amanda was able to manage for us and we nor any of our guests ever even knew about it until after the event. One of the things I most appreciated about Amanda as I look back was her willingness to be as involved or as hands off as we needed. She didn't insist on doing everything her way or micro managing us but she wasn't shy about stepping in to address areas where we needed help. Amanda also went out of her way to make not only my husband and I comfortable with all the planning but also our families.... not an easy task. I couldn't recommend her more and while I don't plan to have any more weddings truly hope we're able to work together again in the future in some capacity.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Keith M

For us, Amanda was a fantastic day-of coordinator who gifted us a wedding day miraculously free of problems and stress. Her experience, problem-solving skills, willingness to go way above and beyond, calm demeanor and dry wit were appreciated at every step of the process. On... Read More the big day, our entire bridal party and family were able to focus solely on having a great time and not on logistics. This might have been our greatest wedding gift of all. Thank you, Amanda!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 daryl a

We absolutely LOVED working with Amanda. She was our "day-of" coordinator for our wedding at the Prospect Park Boathouse, but honestly, she was so involved long before the actual day. We had a couple initial calls, and then in the final month, she really stepped in, taking over... Read More communication with all my vendors, and working on all the final details making sure everything was covered. Our venue was a historic park site so it has a lot of specific rules and she was able to navigate through it all and made sure nothing was missed. She is so detail oriented and on top of everything, and she has an amazingly calm presence that was wonderful to be around all day. On the day she truly handled every single detail and moved us through the day seamlessly - we were truly able to enjoy every moment of our big day without worrying about a thing. Additionally, she is such a sweet, lovely person, her just being there truly added so much to our day. We can't say enough good things about Amanda!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Kaitlyn K

When we first started planning our wedding, I didn't think I needed a coordinator. Boy was a wrong. I don't know how we would have pulled off that day without Josh and Amanda's help. It was seriously the best money we spent on the wedding. We reached out to Amanda a little... Read More late in the game, so she was already committed to another wedding, but she paired us up with Josh for our day-of coordination package and they were both fabulous. The RX sessions were so important and instructive, and left us feeling like we had a solid plan. And Aisleplanner is amazing. I was on that website pretty much every day in the final weeks before the wedding. The day of the event, Josh was a wizard, seamlessly coordinating an event with a two-hour set up window, a one-hour breakdown window, a church wedding and a getting-ready hotel in Manhattan, with two shuttle buses for our guests. I can honestly say I had ZERO stress the day of the wedding, and that is all because of Josh and the day-of assistants. We put all the pieces together, and Josh executed our vision perfectly. I used to think it was an exaggeration when people said their wedding was the best day of their lives. Now I get it - and Amanda and Josh helped make that possible.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Alicia L

Amanda is amazing! She's incredibly efficient and organized. Initially, I thought that I could plan my wedding on my own, but I quickly realized how impossible that would be. Amanda is professional and experienced. During the event itself, she was completely indispensable. She... Read More handles all difficult situations and vendors with ease and made sure the whole thing went without a hitch. Also, she's a great person! Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Laura H

We worked with Amanda through our entire planning process for our destination wedding in the Hudson Valley. In the first phase she suggested fantastic vendors and was amazing at coordinating our meetings and interviews with them. Throughout the process she helped keep us... Read More organized and on track, she knew just the right questions to ask to each vendor and helped to make the information overload manageable. She really helped us envision the timing of everything for the big day, and communicated this really well to everyone involved. The day of the wedding everything went off without a hitch, our guests even commented that the flow of the event felt really good! She even helped to coordinate and execute the little special decor projects and touches that we had planned. She stayed until every guest was safely home and even helped to clean up the next day. Amanda went above and beyond thoughout our whole process and I would recommend her highly to anyone planning a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Sara S

Hiring Amanda and her partner Josh was the best decision we made during our entire wedding planning process. My fiance and I really wanted to try to pull off the wedding without a planner, but as we were getting closer to the big day decided to look into a day of coordinator.... Read More Amanda was not available for our weekend, but she was very involved throughout the process. Josh was amazing! Working with them was seamless. Josh went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect (he was actually our coordinator for the Friday welcome dinner, Saturday wedding, and Sunday brunch). They spent an hour on the phone with me before we even decided to go with them, and they both traveled upstate for an "rx" session and site visit. Josh was very relaxed but also took the reigns when he needed to, and handled all the small details that I hadn't even thought of (he found my flats and had them ready for the after party - it hadn't even crossed my mind that I'd want to change out of heels by the end of the night!) It was really these small things that made them a worthy investment. Josh's help throughout the weekend was invaluable. We highly recommend them, they are professional, easy to work with, and truly experts at what they do. Thank you Amanda and Josh!!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Joshua H

I was fortunate enough to have Amanda's help in executing my wedding! I had worked with Amanda before she was 100% byAmanda Event Studio's and that is where I began to value her professional and calm demeanor and attention to detail. Once Amanda left the venue I was planning... Read More on having the wedding at I didn't think twice about bringing her on board. I had done much of the prep before hand but I knew I needed her there on the wedding day. Amanda was ALWAYS thorough and she understands how weddings should work. One key point is that she wants to understand how you want YOUR wedding to work. With Amanda, your day will not be a copy cat - she takes the time and effort to make sure your vision comes to life. Amanda wants you to enjoy your special day even more than you can personally imagine and it truly shows in how she works with your vendors and communicates with you. She's personal and that means a lot when you're planning a day in bits and pieces and don't get to see it all together until the actual day. She has a lot of connections so her suggestions were always welcomed. One thing that really stood out was how she quickly picked up on my reactions. I wouldn't say she necessarily went out on a limb to decide if I liked something or not, but she was extremely quick to understand that if I didn't light up within the first 3 seconds than I wasn't into it. I think the true eye-opener/moment of gratification came on the wedding day. We always had our meetings after a long day of work (for both of us), etc. While still always being professional there is a relaxing air about her where I never felt the need to demand something or feel like a "bridezilla". It was always a casual conversation, sharing ideas and concerns, and chipping away at the details. But on the wedding day she showed up with her assistant Jillian - dressed exactly how the other guests would be dressed (which to me, meant a lot since we had black tie optional), earpieces in, and hit every point through our 15 minute walk through that she knew I would be concerned with. I actually got to take a deep breathe and knew that we all were going to knock this wedding out of the park. Jillian was an extension of Amanda - it was like they were sharing a brain and I had never met Jillian before. Immediately I trusted her like I trusted Amanda and I just knew I was going to be able to enjoy the evening. Fast forward to after the wedding....I think I am the only married person I know who can say I had the perfect wedding and I can't think of anything that went wrong. To me, that's priceless.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Marianna G

I cannot recommend Amanda enough - she excels in her field; she really made my day and my vision come to life; I couldn't have pulled it off without her. I chose to use Amanda after meeting and speaking with several other planners, and of course, doing tons of research and due... Read More diligence. Amanda and I clicked right away, I felt at ease with her and somehow mustered the courage the sign her on. I booked Amanda late in the wedding planning process, (just a few months before the day) imagining that I could do it all on my own, biting off way more than I could chew. Amanda was a game-changer. She caught vendor errors, (both financially and aesthetically) she was poised and sweet, but knew when and how to crack the whip on my vendors (and me!) when needed. Book her - you won't be disappointed. Brides somehow rationalize spending oodles of money on the most ridiculous things throughout the wedding process, but choosing to use By Amanda Events was by far the wisest monetary decision I made for our wedding!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Melissa H

Amanda was by far the most integral part of making our wedding day a complete success, and truly the best day of our lives. Amanda's dedication and thoughtfulness in organizing our event well exceeded our expectations. Her calm and accommodating nature was the absolute best. I... Read More truly believe that our day would not have been nearly the success it was if it was not for Amanda. From the time we began working with Amanda, she was committed to ensuring every detail of our wedding was perfect. She kept me on track for what needed to get done in a relaxed and organized fashion, and added insight where she felt some could be needed. Amanda was fully committed to executing the wedding day that WE dreamed of - she worked seamlessly with our vendors and was involved in every step of the process. On the event day, Amanda organized the ceremony in Brooklyn Bridge Park flawlessly, while simultaneously ensuring the reception was executed perfectly at Greenpoint Loft. It was pouring rain the day of our ceremony, and Amanda fully supported my decision to keep the wedding plans outside, despite pressure from other vendors to make the change. She truly understood how to help us execute our dream day, and only helped to facilitate that dream in every way she possibly could. Amanda was the most important vendor we hired for our big day, her personality coupled with her organizational skills and event background made her the perfect person to help me plan my dream wedding. I couldn't have done it without her, and will always remember the best day of my life was executed seamlessly because of her hard work.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Marcy H

Amanda went out of her way to cover every detail and make sure that the wedding day was a huge success. She thinks of everything and did an excellent job with our wedding planning as well as the day of coordination. I would recommend Amanda to anyone planning an event!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Patrick D

Wow is all I can say and Thank you!!! Amanda has been nothing but excellent from the start! I don't think there are enough positive adjectives to describe Amanda as a person, wedding planner and all around great soul. From the beginning she was super patient and super nice!... Read More Her energy is amazing! Which I personally think is huge in these type of businesses, reason being is because it's going to be the biggest day of your life or in my wife and I, case. We were very nervous and didn't know what to expect from Amanda or more importantly the wedding planning in general, well Amanda's positive energy and all of her experience really blew us away and made us feel really comfortable in choosing her. Not only comfortable but a friendship ensued as well and my wife and her would always be in touch to plan the perfect wedding. As time went by Everything my wife and I dreamed about started to take shape and on June 3rd 2017 our dream became reality and we were astonished by what came to be! Our vision was reality and it was beautiful from the 5 star floral design to our napkins to the venue and service was GREAT! All of this was coordinated by Amanda! Not to mention during the wedding we had a multi cultured wedding , specifically Portuguese and Italian, and she handled it like a champ! She has the patience of a saint and will make your vision become reality and like I've said earlier in the review is a great person as well! Which to me makes everything even better! If you need a genuine, positive person with tons of experience and the ability to create your vision.... LOOK NO further !! Amanda is the one to choose and in my eyes and the rest of our families and wedding attendees all 350 of them... she's the one to choose!!! Not to mention she was always willing to travel at all times of the day to meet us either in North jersey, jersey shore or NYC ... god bless her for traveling during rush hour ! Thank you so much for helping us have a day our families and I will never forget!!! #6317 #natpat #byAMANDAEVENTS #1 #thankful

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Kristin D

In short, you need Amanda for your wedding. Amanda reduced the stress I had about my wedding both on the day and in the months before the event. I could not recommend her more highly. Although I am sure she would blow the full-on wedding planner process out of the park, for me,... Read More Amanda was a "day-of-coordinator". That being said, I didn't use a lot of the tools that Amanda provided to help stay organized and on top of wedding planning (lists, reminders, payment, guest count etc) since I had my own organizational methods. I will say though, that it was great she provided all of those tools even though she wasn't planning the whole wedding and I could see that being very helpful if you were just getting started. In our wedding, Amanda helped evolve the timeline, coordinated confirmations with vendors and made the day-of go so smoothly that I didn't have to think or worry about anything. My wedding was in Brooklyn and she even helped drop of and pick up items from the venue, storing them overnight for us. Amanda is professional, extremely on top of things, responsive and spent time with us to fully understand our vision for the wedding. On the day of our wedding, I felt 100% confident entrusting Amanda with every detail and I was free to enjoy the day. Everything went perfectly under Amanda and her assistant's watch.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 C B

Amanda coordinated our wedding and she was a life saver. With all the money you spend, Amanda was by far the best value and most valuable. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Eric S

Amanda helped plan our wedding suggesting and handling locations and vendor negotiations, and running the day of the event. She was fantastic and very professional. The process went very smoothly, and her recommendations let to a great day. Our wedding went off without a... Read More hitch, and many of our guests commented on how much fun the had. Thanks Amanda!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sarah L

First things first: whether you need day-of coordination of full-service planning, you are getting a PRO when you hire Amanda. I knew this when making the decision to work with her; but her experience and expertise just became more and more clear throughout the process -- and... Read More especially on our wedding day. She is someone who you will confidently trust to make game time decisions and execute your wedding better than you envision it. Next important point: Amanda is an amazing person to be around. From pre-wedding meetings to the big day, Amanda has a good vibe (especially for the down-to-earth bride) and you want all the good juju you can get on your wedding day. There's nothing better than having an A-team of vendors that you LOVE. The details: Amanda was my DOC for my September 2016 Prospect Park Boathouse wedding, and she nailed it. She's well-versed in many Brooklyn/NYC venues, but the Boathouse is a unique one (vendors only have 2 hours to set up, so you need someone calm and in control running the show!). There were 100 moving pieces, but Amanda was a total pro and if she was stressed at any point, it didn't show. ALL of my vendors raved about how much easier the day went because of her (including the coordinator at the venue), and I know that I didn't feel an ounce of stress/the event ran flawlessly. I can't recommend working with Amanda more enthusiastically. She is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Courtney D

Amanda did such a fantastic job coordinating my wedding reception at Housingworks that I hired her to be our day-of event coordinator. I really appreciated her easy-going, yet very professional approach. She kept all contracts very well organized (I just stumbled across the... Read More shared Dropbox folder she organized just the other day and marveled at how easy she made it) and I didn't worry about a thing on our wedding day. At the same time, her relaxed air kept what can easily become a high-stress situation very calm. I definitely recommend her.

Reviewed on 5/29/2016 Rama R

We can not express how much her expertise helped to weave the perfect night. First, she were deftly able to corral our large, energetic families for our complex ceremony...a rather heroic task in itself. She found us the perfect DJ, a joyful photographer, a unique florist and... Read More orchestrated the countless details of the rehearsal dinner and guest brunch the morning after. We were floating on a cloud the next day thanks to her hard work behind the scenes to make things appear effortless. She gave us sound advice, shared her coconut snacks and humor, and kept us on track despite our desperately poor ability to navigate any web-based platforms. For all these things we are grateful. Amanda made this most important evening of our lives effortless so we could simply feel and share the love with our friends, families, and each other. Hats off too to Housing Works Bookstore Cafe. The venue was magical, the food delicious, and the staff professional and kind, calming the nerves and making everyone comfortable throughout the night. Amanda and her team were brilliant.

Thank you, Amanda!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Margarita A

We started working with Amanda in the early stages of our planning process. She kept us organized and on track. Amanda recommended our venue, caterer, photographer, DJ, stationery vendor, and cake vendor. We were happy with all of them! Because of byAmanda Events, our... Read More wedding planning went smoothly and our wedding day was stress-free. Many of our friends said that our wedding was the best wedding they had ever been to. Thank you, Amanda!

Amazing and Top Notch

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 James W

Amanda's thoughtfulness and attention to detail made our wedding an incredibly, beautiful, elegant, and memorable event. Along the way she was there to guide us through the hurdles of wedding planning. She was always there to answer a text or phone call regarding any detail and... Read More to allay any concerns. No matter the task or challenge, Amanda and her team went at it full force and got the job done. The result was guests leaving our event saying it was the best wedding they had ever attended. Thank you!

Amanda O'Callaghan

Amanda O’Callaghan is a fifteen-year veteran of the wedding industry in her 8th year of planning in New York City, Hudson Valley and the Tri-state area. At age sixteen Amanda’s love of weddings began while working as a cater-waiter at a family managed banquet hall on the Connecticut Shoreline. Since then, she has grown to be a highly sought after NYC planner who specializes in out of the box venues and innovative guest experiences.