Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service

Austin & Central Texas, TX

Creating the Perfect Tone for Your Wedding.

An experienced DJ, musician, and self-confessed audio addict, Byrne Rock knows music. Whether it’s packing the dance floor at your reception, accompanying you down the aisle with the perfect song or keeping dinner conversation lively, Byrne will create the perfect tone for your wedding!

$

Specialties

Ceremony DJ, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Karaoke, Lighting, MC Services, Uplighting

Music Types

60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Big Band/Swing, Classic Rock, Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Latin, Oldies, R&B, Soul, Top 40/Pop, Variety

Austin & Central Texas, TX

Very Pleased!

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Laura D

After reading reviews about Byrne, we decided to use him for our September wedding. He did music for both our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. He did a wonderful job at the ceremony. We had mostly non-traditional music for the ceremony and he did a good job picking out additional songs for the prelude. For the reception, we provided Byrne a list of songs, but also allowed room for his "creativity" of picking the songs, based on how it was going. He did a fabulous job! We were very impressed with his talent and professionalism. We would hands down suggest Byrne to any (and all) of our closest friends!

So.much.fun!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Beth K

Jesse, a DJ with Byrne Rock, recently killed it at our wedding. He was laid-back, professional, and intuitively knew how to work the crowd. Both Jesse and Byrne were incredibly accommodating, fun, and friendly during the entire pre-wedding/planning process. We knew immediately upon meeting with them that Jesse was the perfect fit for our day. For those that are concerned about expenses (we were!), stop searching right now - these guys are it! Byrne is affordable and reliable and includes items in his overall fee that would be charged separately elsewhere. The cost was not the most important factor to us, but to find an incredible DJ for a reasonable price was oh so sweet. About a month before the wedding, Byrne contacted us to ask about music choices for the ceremony, reception, etc. I wanted to surprise my husband with an obscure song and Byrne assured me that they would find a way to play it, even though I didn't even request it until a week or so before our wedding day. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive/communicative DJ. During the reception, Jesse had EVERYONE out on the dance floor (even my husband's 85 year old grandfather!). He knew exactly what style of music to play and seamlessly blended Top 40 hits with some of our more obscure requests. To me, a DJ is hugely important to the overall atmosphere of a wedding and Jesse ensured that ours was absolutely fantastic - from the song I talked about in my vows that he later played to the ode to the Longhorns' win over West Virginia - everything was perfect! He was not in the least overbearing or cheesy (which I've experienced at friends' weddings) and ensured that the overall mood of the celebration was relaxed, fun, and just a little bit crazy (though that last part is due in large part to my insane family). Jesse - thank you so much for making our day wonderful. We couldn't have found a better or more talented person for our day.

Wedding Score!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Kim E

A true professional, Byrne created the prefect soundtrack for our wedding. From cocktail hour to dinner to dancing Byrne played our "must plays" and improvised perfectly from there. Top notch all the way!

Super fun and professional DJ!

Reviewed on 4/10/2015 Casey H

Byrne was a delight to work with. He was great about learning about us and our music style before the wedding so everything was seamless on the day. He read the crowd and kept the party moving like a pro. Many of our guests commented on how fun the music was. He was an amazing find, I highly recommend!

Hunt/ Cordero Wedding 9/26/14

Reviewed on 2/22/2015 Amber H

My husband and I hired Byrne to play at our wedding at The Terrace Club. He was awesome! From the moment I spoke with him during my pre-hire interview over the phone, I could tell he was passionate about music. My husband is from South America and I am from the States so we definitely had guests from all over the world at our wedding. I was nervous about music selection for this reason. However, Byrne played an excellent selection of music that kept the dance floor hopping with people. People are still talking about how much fun they had dancing at our wedding. It was the best night of my life and the most fun as well. Thank you so much Byrne for making our wedding so fun and memorable for everyone!

Loved Him!

Reviewed on 2/12/2015 julia z

We used Byrne for our December '15 wedding, and he was great. He was easy to work with, took all of our requests in advance as well as a few during the event, and he was just plain great! Highly recommend using Byrne if he's available for your wedding!

Basically the coolest

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 laurel s

So I found Byrne here on the knot and since I happen to live so far away from my wedding venue I couldn't meet him right away. He was super nice and communicative and after we talked on the phone I felt great about my decision to have him at the wedding even though we never met till only a month before the wedding. He was organized, understood our music choices, got our sense of humor and helped us problem solve along the way. At the wedding Byrne was on time and ready to go, he kept the party dancing all night and helped our guests plan a few surprises for the groom and me too. Like I said, he is basically the coolest and if your looking for a wonderful DJ and person in general- Byrne is your guy :)

Romantic Austin wedding

Reviewed on 8/28/2014

Byrne Rock was our DJ and he was wonderful! Byrne was so pleasant and easy from the beginning. He was always available to email and quick I reply. He had all the music we wanted for our wedding and played it well!!! He worked so well with our coordinator and everything ran extremely smooth! Great cost for an excellent DJ!

Best DJ Around

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Jenna W

We looked at several DJ's in the Austin area, and Byrne really impressed us from the beginning. He was prompt in his correspondence, which was very helpful since we were planning a destination wedding and had to rely on e-mail a lot. He provided services for both our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception and was simply amazing. Byrne is very easy going, really read the crowd well, and played all of genres of music that we wanted and stayed away from music that we didn't like. Can't recommend him highly enough!

Jesse was great!

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Oriana G

The whole planning process was easy and without hassles. We provided songs we really liked and Jesse took that style and ran with it. Our reception was fun and everyone had a great time! A little bit for everyone :)

DJ Jesse was GREAT!

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 K L

DJ Jesse was great! Very kind, professional and played great music for our wedding. The music was always on queue for every moment. Very competitive rates and great quality of service. Planning a wedding with so many different vendors to work with can be very stressful. Byrne Rock Mobile Services was very responsive to all my questions and concerns and made me feel at ease. I would recommend his services to my friends. Thanks Byrne & Jesse!

Jesse and Byrne were awesome!

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 selia h

I learned about Jesse through Byrne. Since Byrne was already confirmed with someone else, he suggested Jesse. Everyone raved after the wedding about what a great job he did. He made sure the must play list was played and felt the mood for the right times with songs. He did a great job!

Get this DJ

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Teal P

We used Jesse from Byrne's company. WOW. We still have friends telling us that he was the best DJ they've ever heard. Jesse read the crowd magnificently-- he was interactive when it made sense and hung back at the right times. He remembered details about us and our wedding and sprinkled them in between songs. Such a wonderful experience. Leading up to the event, Jesse and Byrne were responsive and thoughtful. Highly recommend!

Byrne Rock is a great DJ!!

Reviewed on 4/23/2014 Diane H

Byrne is fantastic to work with. He gave me some great ideas and a long list of songs that I could look over. He is great at reading the dance floor and chose music that had my guests happily dancing and singing along. I highly recommend!!

Austin DJ

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Lindsey D

DJ Byrne is extremely talented and I was so happy to have him at our wedding! He did a tremendous job keeping everyone dancing and making important announcements. He played lots of music that described us as a couple but also music that appealed to our guests :)

Awesome DJ at our wedding!

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Tiffany K

Byrne did an amazing job at our wedding! He provided the music for our ceremony and our reception and did such a great job. We provided some music that we wanted to be played, but really let him do a lot of the planning and choosing and we were not disappointed! We highly recommend using Byrne if you are in need of a DJ for any type of event. He was very professional and helpful, through the planning and our wedding. He helped where we asked him to but also wasn't the typical cheesy kind of wedding DJ, which we really loved and was definitely more our style. He got all of our guests up dancing and we got a lot of complements on the music and how much fun everyone had. Would definitely use him again for any future event!

Best DJ Ever!

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Genevieve T

Byrne is by far the best DJ around. I was an out of state bride and he came highly recommended to me by my photographer who obviously attends a ton of weddings in the Austin area and she hit the nail on the head. His prices are extremely reasonable. He kept the party going all night and there was never a moment on the dance floor!! Bravo to a great night!! Thank You Byrne!!

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 2/14/2014 Jessica E

Byrne was absolutely wonderful at our wedding. He did a great mix of songs we asked him to play, songs requested by guests, and songs to get everyone on the dance floor and enjoying themselves. He was even so kind as to play a song AFTER the last song when my uncle requested it. He also handled it great when my father in law threw a surprise dance request at him. :) All in all, I could not be happier with his service and would recommend him to anyone!

Everybody had a BLAST!!!!

Reviewed on 2/05/2014 Ailenid A

We couldn't ask for a better DJ for our wedding. My husband is Filipino from California and I'm Puerto Rican. Our wedding was in Austin, where we live. Most of our guests where from out of the state and I was worried that we could find a DJ that will understand our music preferences. Byrne listened to our preferences and did not make assumptions. Therefore, he was able to make a good mix of music using our list of preferred music and his music knowledge. The dance floor was full throughout the whole wedding. Everyone left talking about how much fun they had. My husband and I had a blast!!! Music was important in making people have a good time. This DJ is affordable, listens, does not take over the party, and play music for everybody to have FUN.

very professional!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Bethany Z

We used Byrne for our wedding and we are so glad we picked him! He is a super chill, cool, guy and actually listens to what type of music you want, and then adds on from there. Also, throughout our wedding we had to change some things, and he was very accommodating and made everything really easy. His timing was perfect, and we never had to worry about those awkward long pauses when the DJ is trying to find the right song for something. If I could do it all over again, I would definitely pick him a second time around! Thanks Byrne!

Good Decision

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Rachel H

Byrne was great. We gave him a playlist of songs we wanted played and he stuck to it - which was perfect since my husband and I and all of our friends don't typicaly listen to "top 40". The only thing was that I asked him to stay until 10:30 or 11 - so after Zach and I made our exit he could play a little bit longer for our guests to keep dancing. But he packed up right as we were leaving and didn't bother to stay, which was a bummer especially since he asked for more money at the end of the night for bringing another mic. He' also not the type to hog the mic - which was GREAT! He takes it and announce stuff when he needs to but he wasn't overbearing. Overall good decision.

Laid back guy with great service and taste!

Reviewed on 5/06/2013 Jordan

I was referred to Byrne by two friends who used him at their weddings. When we first met Byrne it clicked as he was really listening to our wants and needs and expressed his way of doing things without being pushy or salesy. We met with another DJ who was trying to get us to sign a contract on the spot and told us he'd play songs others would request and wasn't listening to what we were wanting. Byrne is very reasonable in price, good with communication and was at the reception on time. He played the music we wanted and took requests from our friends and definitely kept the night going. We loved it so much we paid for an extra half hour! Byrne is not the typical MC type so sometimes it was hard to hear his voice and know what we were supposed to do, but I was glad he wasn't overbearing like other DJs I've seen. I'd definitely recommend Byrne to anyone!

Choose Byrne!

Reviewed on 1/02/2013 Patty C

As mother of the bride, I wish to thank Byrne Rock for his exceptional work at my daughter's wedding! From beginning to end, it was obvious that Byrne was totally committed to making the reception perfect. He kept the guests highly engaged , kept the timing of events on track , and never missed a beat with with music selection. I received numerous complements from guests on how impressed they were with him. He is professional, affordable, and obviously passionate about the work he does. Thank you, Byrne!!

Byrne is Awesome

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Meghan D

Byrne is awesome! He does a great job, listens to exactly what you want, provides answers and suggestions when you need them. He is also very well priced! He is so easy to work with and on top of it which is nice when you have so many vendors! He has an excellent selection and knows what he's doing! Hire him for your wedding! You won't be disappointed!

let's boogie!

Reviewed on 12/20/2011 Melissa V

Byrne was amazing! He kept the dance floor full the entire event. Listened to what we liked and play a good mix of music to make everyone happy. Best DJ ever!

TO Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service