Creating the Perfect Tone for Your Wedding.

An experienced DJ, musician, and self-confessed audio addict, Byrne Rock knows music. Whether it’s packing the dance floor at your reception, accompanying you down the aisle with the perfect song or keeping dinner conversation lively, Byrne will create the perfect tone for your wedding!

Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Austin & Central Texas (512) 736-6172

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Andrea L

We HIGHLY recommend Byrne. He intuitively discerned our musical preferences based on initial conversations and communicated well to collaborate throughout the wedding planning process. He even spent close to an hour on the phone with me the week of the wedding to finalize our... Read More timeline and musical selection for the reception. We provided him with a short list of artists and specific songs on a do/do not play list, and he curated an amazing set that aligned with our tastes (while never once veering into the “do not playlist” territory). Furthermore, he read the crowd beautifully during the reception, used seamless transitions, and attracted almost all of our guests (including my teen cousin and grandmother) to the dance floor for the entire evening! As bride and groom, our foremost desire was to honor the friends and family who support us and to create an experience where all guests felt welcome. Byrne was integral in realizing this vision for the reception. Personally and professionally, Byrne is responsible, organized, kind, and easy going. We have the sweetest memories of dancing to our favorite songs with our favorite people on our wedding night. We only wish we could offer Byrne a residency at our house for a weekly block party!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Adam R

From the moment my wife and I met DJ ED, from Byrne Rock, I knew he was the guy. He was incredibly professional, and helped us with everything from coordinating events during the reception, to recommending killer songs for the big day. His music selection and timing was awesome,... Read More and he knows how to read a crowd! There is no one else I'd rather have had rockin' the mic on my wedding day. Five stars and two thumbs up!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Jennifer T

We got married on 8/12/17 and Byrne was our DJ at the Horshoe Bay Resort Yacht Club. Byrne is so easy to get along with and so much fun to work with! He made us a customized first dance song that was a mashup of different songs and it came out PERFECTLY. He is seriously so... Read More talented and I have had MULTIPLE friends say to me that it was the best wedding playlist they'd ever heard, not even exaggerating. He is very talented at reading the crowd and seeing what would go great next in the moment for all ages. Everything ran so smoothly and it was perfect. I requested several things that weren't on his sample list and he was able to play anything we wanted. We asked for contemporary Christian music at dinner, and he connected to a Spotify playlist I had and played that which was perfect. My husband's family is from Portugal and he played several Portuguese songs for us that were a hit for all the guests! If I could give Byrne 1000 stars I seriously would. He ROCKS! pun intended :)

Reviewed on 4/25/2018 Allison C

Byrne did a great job as our MC/DJ at our wedding reception! People had such a great time dancing and I am so glad we chose Byrne for our wedding day!

Reviewed on 4/24/2018 Lizzie S

Fernando with Byrne Rock was ABSOLUTELY phenomenal!!!! My husband and I were married at an outdoor venue and we were nervous about how the sound quality, especially since it was a very windy day. We had an absolutely FLAWLESS ceremony with AMAZING sound and Fernando made our... Read More dream wedding everything we could have wanted and more! He was so friendly and knew it exactly when to play certain songs to make every moment special. Would highly recommend him and the entire Byrne Rock service. LOVED THEM!!! Thank you Fernando and Byrne!

2018-04-24T11:38:56 Response from the vendor

We live to create memorable events for our clients and we're so happy to hear your wedding was pitch perfect! :)

Reviewed on 4/17/2018 Charlene L

Michael from Byrne Rock was a fantastic DJ and MC for our wedding. We had one phone call to go over our requested playlist and sound logistics, and Michael did a great job explaining how everything would work and asked great questions. We had pretty specific song and timing... Read More requests, and Michael was able to accommodate all of our requests perfectly. He was also very responsive over email and text the week of the wedding--I emailed him late the night before the wedding with some last minute updates, and he responded right away and incorporated all of the details we had discussed. Highly recommend Michael!

Reviewed on 4/01/2018 Sara H

We had DJ Eddie as our DJ for our wedding. He seeming a little inexperienced and not comfortable speaking in front of people, which is concerning since he’s really the MC for the event. We asked him to do some games involving music and the guests, which he had never done before,... Read More and did an adequate job. Overall Eddie did a decent job- just wish he was a little more lively during the event! I will say he was very thorough while planning everything out. He made sure to ask us every question he could think of pertaining to the entire day

2018-04-03T12:30:42 Response from the vendor

So sorry we missed the mark on this one! Eddie's been entertaining professionally for 15 years, but we haven't done a music trivia game for table release before. I hope there wasn't too much confusion on the part of the guests.

Reviewed on 3/24/2018 Nick N

Byrne was great to work with from the start. Once we met him in person, we knew he would be a great DJ for us. We enjoy everything from 80s music to modern indie dance (LCD Soundsystem, The XX, etc), so our musical tastes are pretty eclectic. Byrne mixed the music we like... Read More with the songs he knew would get everyone out on the dance floor. That's not to say he played cheesy wedding songs and top 40. He had a 'no play' list and he honored our request to not play any of the songs on that list. The music he played kept us and our friends on the dance floor but also reached out our parents' generation to make sure they didn't feel left out. Byrne's also great as an emcee. He was careful to ensure he pronounced everyone's names correctly and has the perfect energy. He's not over-the-top or cheesy - he's just what we wanted. He's also a great value. I'd highly recommend Byrne for any friend's wedding.

2018-03-25T21:28:13 Response from the vendor

Glad to hear you had a great time! ABBA beat-matched into LCD Soundsystem really got the dance floor lit. :)

Reviewed on 3/21/2018 Hope B

We appreciated Byrne’s services at my daughter’s wedding so much! He arrived on time and was set and ready to go. I always love when you have a vendor, that you don’t have to hold by the hand the whole time. He got right in there without hesitation and played everything we ask,... Read More and didn’t play the things we asked that he not. We are grateful for his knowledge and people skills and his talent! If we ever have need to have another DJ we would not hesitate in hiring him again!

2018-03-21T13:41:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! It was a beautiful day and I'm grateful you chose me to be a part of it. Best wishes to the happy couple!

Reviewed on 2/22/2018 Nicole T

Byrne was so incredibly easy to work with! He gave us a guideline to go by for any help that we may have needed and stayed in contact with us checking in to see if we needed help or anything at all from him. He was so understanding of my "I really want these songs played but... Read More really don't want any of these" and was more than happy to help with all of that. He did our ceremony music too and just made it all so easy for us! He was awesome to work with!

2018-02-22T20:49:22 Response from the vendor

It was awesome to help bring your vision to life! :)

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 Lauren C

Byrne did a great job during our November wedding. We had him DJ our reception. He was very personable and responsive, provided a great list to get us started with our song list, was flexible when we were deciding on a mic for the ceremony and the guests loved him. I would... Read More definitely recommend working with him.

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 MOLLY L

Byrne was referred to my now-husband and I through my wedding planner, Callie and we couldn't have been happier with our choice in hiring him as our DJ. He was communicative and easy-going throughout the process and made it clear that we had full reign to make the music what we... Read More wanted. And in the event that you're not picky, he can come up with his own mixture of tunes. He also provides couples with lists of "Most Requested", "Least Requested" and various chart toppers for inspiration. Byrne kept us dancing and at one point we even spotted our catering team busting out some moves, but then again Selena was playing and who can't resists Selenas? Perhaps my favorite thing about Rock is that he wasn't cheesy. We've all experienced those weddings where the DJ is just a little bit extra, either because they're dripping in corny jokes or wearing costumes...or both. Byrne is professional and personable and he makes sure to keep the party moving. Some other tidbits: I don't know the term for these, but he provided "dance lights" for the party as well as mics for the ceremony and speeches. I also found his service to be incredibly affordable - though I know that can be a relative term when planning a wedding. Many of the DJ places we looked at were around $1200 for the same package of services and we paid Rock less than $1000.

Reviewed on 2/04/2018 Erin B

Byrne did such a great job at our wedding! We told him what kind of music we liked and a few songs that we wanted to hear, and he did the rest! We had so many compliments from family and friends on our music selection and it was all thanks to Byrne. He was great to work with... Read More beforehand; he was timely and made sure to understand our vision for the reception; and was overall a great MC and DJ.

Reviewed on 1/29/2018 Liz P

The biggest fear I had going into my wedding was that no one would get up to dance. Fortunately with Byrne's help, my friends and family were on the dance floor the entire night. He did a great job and was so easy to work with. Book him!

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Laura G

Perfect dj! Great to work with and just the right amount of personality. Did a wonderful job.

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Robin O

Byrne was incredible to work with. From our first call with him, we knew we were dealing with a genuinely caring person who wanted to make our wedding day a memorable occasion. Beside the obvious things you need from a DJ (punctual, attentive, functioning equipment, etc.) he was... Read More easy to work with and flexible in regards to customizing our playlists, etc. We would recommend him to anyone in Austin looking for a great wedding and event DJ.

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Dani L

Byrne is an amazing DJ! He had our December wedding at Hummingbird House dancing all night! Byrne is very easy to work with and definitely knows how to keep the wedding guests happy! Our wedding timeline was way ahead of schedule, but he and the day of coordinator kept... Read More everything flowing flawlessly! I would recommend Byrne Rock to anyone looking to get married in the Austin or surrounding area!

2018-01-16T16:59:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kudos and again, Congrats! It was incredible from start to finish. :)

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Andrea C

Byrne Rock was really amazing to work with. We decided late in the game that we needed a DJ (you know how it is, you start out thinking that you'll have a small wedding and then things sort of blow up). Bryne himself wasn't available, but he immediately offered to see if Michael... Read More (DJ In The Mood), another DJ he works with was and got us in contact. Michael was the best, he kept the party on track, adjusted to changes as needed and played music we and our guests really loved. The billing process was so simple and they provided great tools for getting a framework of music in place. I am absolutely a fan!

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Meagan R

I worked with Fernando Carlos and he went above and beyond to make our reception truly memorable. I sent him a list of songs that span a lot of genres and he read the crowd perfectly that night. The dance floor stayed packed. He was very nice a personable when i talked with him... Read More and he was great with the crowd. I worked with Byrne on the contract and pricing and it was easy and simple. When you are in the middle of planning a wedding you REALLY appreciate easy and simple. I've never had to hire a DJ before so I didn't know what to expect but the service I got was amazing ! I highly recommend Byrne Rock and Fernando Carlos!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Shannon F

5 STARS! We had a great experience with Byrne, he was referred to us by someone and we are glad we went with him. His prices were reasonable especially with how great his reputation is. We didn't have a lot of time to get a song list together because we were so busy with other... Read More wedding things but luckily he was able to read the crowd as well as pick songs that fit our personalities and personal style. He made it a stress free experience for us and we couldn't be happier. Thank you Byrne!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Geno G

DJ Byrne is a fantastic DJ and I highly recommend him. We had been working with a different DJ who completely ghosted us 3 weeks before the wedding. In a panic we found Byrne on the knot who was luckily still available. He was very professional and had a contract drawn up within... Read More a day or two, giving us peace of mind. From there on he was great to work with. He had no qualms about doing our entire wedding (ceremony, dinner, and reception) which were in 3 different buildings, and pulled it off invisibly to us. Further, he had a great list of songs commonly requested that we went through so he could get the feel of what we were expecting. Finally, the night of he did a great job reading the crowd and really made the evening by getting lots of people out on the dance floor. All in all I would highly recommend DJ Byrne for your wedding.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Lauren W

DJ Byrne Rock is the way to go for your Big Day! We had an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception, all at the same venue. This didn't seem to be a challenge at all for Byrne Rock. He did an amazing job with our ceremony music, looping it as needed and fading it in and out for... Read More a nice effect. He also kept everyone having fun on the dance floor at the reception. We scheduled a call with him the week before the wedding and ran through our tentative schedule of events and our ideas about the music for our wedding (I can't emphasize enough how important and helpful this is!). When the Big Day came, he showed up early to make sure he was all set up at both the ceremony site and in the reception hall. Then he helped to coordinate everyone else so things stayed on schedule and ran smoothly. I guess you could say that aside from music, Byrne really doubled as our wedding coordinator! My husband and I loved what a nice, chill vibe Byrne Rock brought to our wedding too. As beautiful and fun and wonderful as a wedding is, it is an overwhelming experience with a lot of moving pieces. Byrne Rock did a great job keeping all the pieces moving in the right direction while exuding a calm, peaceful vibe. We were so grateful to him for that! 100% recommend him for your special day.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Christian N

Byrne was recommended to us by our wedding planner, and what a great recommendation it was! Byrne was super! A pleasure to work with, he was helpful and discreet - he set the tone for the reception exactly as we hoped with great background music that fit the bride and groom's... Read More musical tastes, and the volume was perfect. The dance music was spot on as well. He had good suggestions and really listened to and respected their likes and dislikes. He provided the sound equipment for the wedding ceremony, too, and it was just perfect. If we ever have the need for a DJ for another event, we will seek Byrne Rock. Highly recommend his service!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Samantha G

Byrne did an excellent job DJing our wedding! We are Jews and had some wedding traditions, such as the Horah, that he easily rallied everyone for. I have been to some weddings with a cheesy or awkward DJs, Byrne is none of that! He played music from 2pm to 10pm for us and kept... Read More people on the dance floor the entire night. Seriously, he had to tell our crowd 'this is the last song and then the wedding ends' before people left the dance floor. I created a playlist for him but I recommend letting him decide what to play when and even encouraging him to go off the playlist when needed. He had a mic for the Rabbi and wireless mics for the toasts. I could not more highly recommend this DJ!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Emily F

DJ Byrne was amazing! We talked on the phone when I first started looking into DJs and he was willing to answer any questions I had and talked me through his experience. He was very easy to work with and was a breeze to communicate with throughout our planning process. The night... Read More of the wedding, he emcee'd well and played all the different types of songs we had asked for. He worked very well with our wedding coordinator and everything worked out perfectly. At the end of the night, we decided to have him stay another hour, very short notice, and he did so very willingly and the crowd was very pleased! Would definitely recommend DJ Byrne for anyone looking for an Austin DJ.

Byrne Rock

Byrne Rock DJ Service has been rocking parties in Central Texas for over 10 years! Byrne Rock's experience as a musician and DJ has given him a keen sense for how people react to music.