Timeless Documentary Wedding Photography

When you hire Cain Photo Studios you will always have Gregory Cain as your primary event photographer and personal documentarian. He is the lifeblood of this company and brings with him his passion for making documentary-style photographs filled with motion, color and emotions that will take your breath away. ā€œI started this company because I wanted to be able to offer people a brand of wedding and engagement photos that they had never seen before. I want all my photographs to capture what it means to be human and to resonate that feeling of connection in all who see them. I want my shots to strike at the hearts of couples and yell the message that love is beautiful.ā€

Documentary

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

2421 la costa ave, Carlsbad , CA (760) 224-9998

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Marissa V

Greg recently photographed our wedding and we are very satisfied with the photos!! My husband and I were not the typical bride and groom in that our wedding day was much more group-oriented than "focused on us" and our photos totally reflect that - which we love. Greg is very... Read More laid back and fit in comfortably particularly with our goofy pre-ceremony wedding party photo session at our house then Sunset Cliffs. He is comfortable in non-traditional photo-environments which is great for those getting married in those types of venues. It is important to know that his style is more photo-journalistic than traditional wedding photography, which means that you'll get many more candid and action shots than staged shots - if you're into that you won't be disappointed. If you want staged shots or photos with particular people or things, you'll specifically need to request it (we emailed him our shot list and he had it with him the day-of).

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Laura W

Gregory was amazing! He had a way really great way of getting our guests to the right place at the right time for the right pictures, and we ended up with some absolutely amazing shots! Great guy with really great photography skills!!!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Jenna D

My fiance and I absolutely loved shooting with Greg! He's extremely professional, experienced, and super creative! The photos came out better than we could have imagined! Greg is an awesome guy and tons of fun, I would 100% recommend him to couples who want to capture the best... Read More moments of your engagement or wedding!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Austin H

Due to gnarly weather the day we were supposed to meet in person, we never actually met Greg before the day of the wedding. That made me a little nervous, but as soon as we met Greg and saw his style and demeanor that all went away. He made sure to get the shots that we had... Read More requested, and his 'natural' style of photography really fit the vibe that we were going for. He over delivered when it came to the turnaround time on our photos as well as with the amount of shots he gave us to choose from. Can't say enough about how happy we were with Greg and would recommend him highly to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Molly C

I cherish my photos from my wedding as I do my experience of having Greg photograph the occasion. It was a destination wedding and he spent 3 days capturing all of the special moments. He even suggested some times that I wouldn't have thought I would want, like a private... Read More breakfast I had with my fiancee two days before our wedding. I love all of these shots, as well as the formal shots from the day of. As a gay couple, we were concerned about choosing vendors that are LGBT friendly and would be comfortable with directing us in intimate wedding shots. One of my favorites is my wife dipping me for a kiss, and Greg choreographed that! He really is able to connect with people and respect these truly sacred moments that will last forever--through his photographs. Thank you, Greg!!! I also had him do shots with us after our first child was born. These are amazing as well. Greg's talents, as you can see from his portfolio, are multi-faceted!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Joshua F

Greg has a great eye for catching that perfect moment. He did newborn pictures for us and they turned out great! More importantly, my wife loved them. I was happily surprised with how quick the session was, maybe 30-45minutes total. He was very professional, knew exactly what... Read More he was doing and how to pose us/baby . We now have some amazing newborn pictures! I highly recommend working with Greg.

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Bab B

I have used Cain studios for my company headshot photos, then asked that he shoot my holiday cards. When my best friend asked for a recommendation on a wedding photographer, I had seen his wedding work on his website and hands down felt comfortable providing his name. He's... Read More professional, reliable, and uber talented. He takes the classics, but really shines in the subtle but artsy capturing of the moment. He did an amazing job for her! He is a photography professor and is brilliant with lighting. I recommmend him to any bride and groom looking for someone to stunningly capture their special day!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Kelsey U

I wish I would have known about Greg when we got married. I just love his images. His photojournalistic style captures the moments that matter, the moments of pure emotion. Instead, after seeing his images, I happily asked him to shoot a photojournaliat session with our newborn... Read More and new addition to our growing family. . I just love how the images turned out. From engagements, to weddings and all of life's moments, Greg is able to exquisitely capture, rawness, beauty, and emotion.

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Marisa B

I had seen Gregory's work online and knew that when I got married I wanted him to be our photographer. I did not want standard wedding photos and thus knew that I had to find an extraordinary photographer. Gregory has an artistic eye that is undeniable. He captures moments in a... Read More truly unique way. We have so many pictures from our wedding that encapsulate the magic that was present. He is extremely professional and was so easy to work with. I highly recommend working with Gregory if you're looking to capture that one special moment in your life and want someone that will see beyond the ordinary.

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Stacey T

Greg was a phenomenal photog and we had such an amazing experience during our engagement photoshoot. From the ease of scheduling to the excellent communication in planning, we were beyond impressed from beginning to end. He came to our home and really captured the essence of... Read More our relationship and love. Not only were the photos beautiful, but he guided us in posing and we appreciated that he allowed us to "interact" as normal so the pictures were more natural. We got our edited images within a few days which is fantastic. Thank you so much! I highly recommend Greg for your engagement and wedding photos!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 David M

Gregory is an amazing photographer who was able to capture our love in a way no one else has. We have reveicived more likes and comments on our photos then any other we have taken. This is your guy; trust us!!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Terrence S

Greg is extremely professional, and an awesome photographer. We had the pleasure to work with him, while my wife and I were celebrating our honeymoon in Bali! Not only is he great with photographic direction (i.e., composition, he was a great tour guide who helped educate you on... Read More the many things Bali had to offer. If you want a unique photo session such as a honeymoon shoot in Bali, look no further - Greg is your guy!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Ryan S

I stumbled upon some of Gregs wedding photography and thought he would be a great fit to do some family photos with our new son around the Holidays. We are so happy with the results. Greg has a knack for capturing that perfect moment and the many side line moments we never... Read More thought of that lead to very natural and stunning photos. Thanks Cain Photo Studios! we look forward to shooting with you again.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Amelia C

Greg did our engagement photos in Avalon and I can't say enough how much I love them! He did a great job making us feel comfortable in front of the camera (not my strongest suit!) and was so creative and fun to work with. I can't wait for him to do our wedding in Two Harbors... Read More this March! Seriously... Who else would throw on a snorkel and fins to catch epic underwater shots of you off the Catalina coast?

Gregory Cain

My two biggest passions in life have always been photojournalism and the ocean, and you will see their influence peppered throughout my work. I get so much joy from being in the right place at the right time and capturing an intimate moment that only the couple and I were privy too. I shoot every wedding as if it were a magazine cover story, honoring every element of your love to be appreciated for generations to come. I am there with you every step of the way, from when you wake up with the morning jitters, to when you and your beloved shut the bedroom door and tell me to buzz off. I thank my