"cake is served on the happiest days of your life"

mary winslow started take the cake as a perfect way to channel her passion for art and baking. now with cake-chicago.com, mary's legacy of beautiful, quality wedding cakes continues with exquisite custom cakes, and now affordable basic cakes that can be ordered online.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

1635 W. Walnut, Chicago, IL (312) 850-4530

Very pleased!

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Anne D

We got our wedding back from "cake" and it was truly the best wedding cake I've ever had. Many of our guests made a point to tell us this as well. The service we received was very professional and helpful from the scheduling of appointments, to tasting and payment. They... Read More delivered exactly what they said they would and were a pleasure with which to work. It was not inexpensive, but you certainly get what you pay for. I would definitely recommend them to other brides.

wedding cake

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Rick W

We went for our tasting on the coldest day of the year in February 2015 and were met by 2 of the friendliest people in Mary and Gretchen. From the minute we walked in we knew we were in good hands. As we sat down and began the tasting both of us knew that this was going to be... Read More an awesome cake. On the day of the wedding the cake out did our expectations. The design was exactly as was drawn on the day of the tasting. It was so beautiful and elegant with the modern classic look we both were looking for. We hated to cut in to it but did and it tasted awesome. All our guests commented on how well it tasted. We highly recommend that anyone looking for a cake call them and make an appointment.

YUM!!!

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Kristy W

Our wedding cake from Cake Chicago was beautiful and more importantly, delicious!!! The cake tasting process was very easy and fun. We didn't know what design we wanted first, so Mary talked us through the different design ideas. After we figured out what we wanted, Mary was... Read More able provide us with a sketch of the cake and suggested areas to improve the design. We were really happy with our cake and would recommend Cake Chicago to others!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Leea H

We were referred to Mary by our wedding reception venue, and we could not be happier with how our wedding cake turned out! I had a vision and Mary captured that vision perfectly! Our cake was so beautiful we didn't even want to eat it, but then again it looked so good we... Read More couldn't wait to eat it! Mary's cakes are so perfect and the flavoring is amazing!!! We chose to have red velvet cake and cream cheese buttercream (to die for) and chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream! It was such a great combination and with how moist and creamy Mary's cakes and buttercream are you will be very happy and so will your stomach! I wish I could reorder our wedding cake everyday just to be able to eat it again that's how good it was! If you are getting married, you have to choose Cake Chicago, you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Nick P

Joanne was great to work with. She helped us create a beautiful looking, phenomenal tasting cake! Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Chelsea G

We got married last weekend and we got the cake from Cake Sweet Food Chicago. The cake was delicious, creative and the whole process was wonderful working with them from beginning to end!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Linda L

My new husband and I highly recommend cake-Chicago. It was the most beautiful and delicious cake. Everybody raved about the cake! We definitely would order from them again. Thanks, for making our wedding day so delicious . Linda & Marc

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Jennifer P

The cake was prefect! The design was on point and the details such as the sugar flowers were stunning! Everyone loved the taste especially the salted carmel filing paired with chocolate. Thank you so much JoAnne & Team! James & Jennifer Adler Planetarium Wedding 6.3.17

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Scott E

Jo-Anne and her team created the greatest tasting cake I've ever had - and that's not an exaggeration! My wife and I have already decided that we won't wait until the traditional 1-year anniversary to enjoy the top tier that currently sits in our freezer - it will be much sooner... Read More than that because we are already craving to taste it again. It was absolutely perfect - and we can't thank (or recommend) the CAKE Chicago team enough! Bravo!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Caitlin T

5 Stars! We loved our cake and the whole tasting experience. We got many compliments on our orange/olive oil cake. They are a pleasure to work with and did a fabulous job!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Megan B

The cake was a very important aspect for the wedding for my husband and they did an AMAZING job! They had the best cake/frostings from any of the tastings we had (by far) and they did a FANTASTIC job on our wedding cake. Not only did it taste great but it was beautiful!!! We had... Read More a pretty weird design idea and they made it even more amazing than what we imagined. I HIGHLY recommend and would work with them again for sure!!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Rafiya H

My daughter 'a wedding cake was gorgeous!! It tasted wonderful and we got so many complements I would highly recommend JoAnne and her staff!!!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Kayla K

Our cake was stunning and sooooo delicious!!!! We loved everything about it!!!!!!! Highly recommend Cake!!!!

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Heather H

Our wedding venue included our cake in our dinner/ reception package. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of service we received from cake-chicago. We worked with Katy who was very professional, extremely responsive, and was so sweet during our tasting. Going into our... Read More tasting we had no idea of what we wanted in terms of design or flavors. Katy was so sweet and guided us during our tasting. I never thought in a million years I would have a chocolate cake, but I am so glad Katy encouraged us to try new flavor combinations! We can't wait for our one year anniversary to eat more of our cake!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Allison S

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect! It was beautiful and delicious! Thanks!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Beth B

We recently used Cake-Chicago for our wedding. First of all, our tasting was so much fun. We were able to try many different cake and frosting flavors until we decided on white buttermilk and hazelnut cake layers with salted caramel and Nutella buttercream frosting layers... Read More finished off with buttercream on the outside. Our guests (including myself and the groom) were raving about how delicious the cake was. I only wish I had more that night! Cake-Chicago made my Pinterest dream come true and designed the cake to look exactly like the picture that I gave them to a T. It was designed with crystallized sugar to look like snow, snowflake appliqués , and our florist added on fresh pine needles, red berries, and pinecones..a winter wonderland holiday wedding cake dream come true! Thanks Cake-Chicago, I can't wait to eat our top layer in a year!

Reviewed on 1/23/2017 Donna W

The cake is perfect and the price is reasonable! They did wonderful job!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Erin L

Such a fun place to work with!! We had a blast at the cake tasting and it was SOOOO delicious!!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Genna K

So yummy and beautiful!!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Jenny S

Cake was absolutely wonderful to work with. They were professional and creative and made the surprise to our cake the best it could be! They quickly were able to change a layer of our cake once the Cubs won the World Series and really made it special for us. We loved it and we... Read More loved Cake!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Amanda M

Cake is great small business! We happened to use them because of the package with our venue, but we were not disappointed! They were so accommodating and great to work with. The tasting was easy and fun (who doesn't love cake?). I would definitely order from them again, and we... Read More will get a small reorder for our 1 year anniversary!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Alissa L

The actual location of the bakery/tasting area was a little hard to find and in a little weird of an area than expected but other than that everything was great. We had a beautiful cake just like we wanted and it tasted great!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016

We were married 11/26/2016 and we were so very happy with Cake as our wedding cake provider. From our initial tasting to the delivery and set up at our venue, we were impressed with the service and quality and taste of the cake. We chose 2 flavors and they were huge hits! The... Read More design of our cake was perfect as well, exactly as we envisioned. Katy, our contact person, was fabulous and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Cake for weddings and any events. We look forward to using them again.

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Meredith R

We are so happy we went with Cake-Chicago for our wedding. From the tasting through the wedding cake delivery, Joanne and her team were fabulous. They truly wanted to make our wedding cake exactly what we envisioned. It not only looked beautiful, but it tasted delicious. We... Read More received numerous compliments from our guests on the cake. We will definitely be using Cake-Chicago for our future celebrations.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Christy F

I didn't know I could get this excited from cake! The cake tasting experience was incredible. Joanne is truly an artist at her craft. We had a blast putting together a unique & gourmet cake option for our guests to enjoy. I didn't think a cake tasting was necessary when we... Read More started however I"m so much happier for having done it, and I think our guests are, too! I would absolutely recommend doing the tasting & using cake chicago to anyone getting married in the chicago area!

Mary Winslow

Mary majored in marketing and accounting at DePaul University, eventually finding herself in publishing sales. After marriage and two children, she rediscovered her love of baking and decided to pursue her baking dreams . In 1994 she started a two year apprenticeship with Bittersweet Bakery and Blue Plate catering. In 1997 she branched out on her own and formed take the cake. Soon Mary was supplying cakes for many retail clients as well as managing a thriving wholesale business to hotels which continues today.