Dietary Options

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

1635 W. Walnut, Chicago, IL

Very pleased!

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Anne D

We got our wedding back from "cake" and it was truly the best wedding cake I've ever had. Many of our guests made a point to tell us this as well. The service we received was very professional and helpful from the scheduling of appointments, to tasting and payment. They... Read More delivered exactly what they said they would and were a pleasure with which to work. It was not inexpensive, but you certainly get what you pay for. I would definitely recommend them to other brides.

wedding cake

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Rick W

We went for our tasting on the coldest day of the year in February 2015 and were met by 2 of the friendliest people in Mary and Gretchen. From the minute we walked in we knew we were in good hands. As we sat down and began the tasting both of us knew that this was going to be... Read More an awesome cake. On the day of the wedding the cake out did our expectations. The design was exactly as was drawn on the day of the tasting. It was so beautiful and elegant with the modern classic look we both were looking for. We hated to cut in to it but did and it tasted awesome. All our guests commented on how well it tasted. We highly recommend that anyone looking for a cake call them and make an appointment.

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Kristy W

Our wedding cake from Cake Chicago was beautiful and more importantly, delicious!!! The cake tasting process was very easy and fun. We didn't know what design we wanted first, so Mary talked us through the different design ideas. After we figured out what we wanted, Mary was... Read More able provide us with a sketch of the cake and suggested areas to improve the design. We were really happy with our cake and would recommend Cake Chicago to others!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Katelyn G

This will literally be the best cake that you'll have in your ENTIRE life. Our wedding cake was absolutely amazing and guests from the wedding are still talking about it. We were getting married at The Drake, so wanted to incorporate a gold color to our cake and the... Read More selections that Cake had were amazing and allowed us to create a beautiful gold rimmed cake for our guests. The selections for the wedding cake are amazing and creative. We couldn't come to an agreement on which flavors to choose, so ended up with a chocolate fudge & creme brulee cake and then an almond pound cake with raspberry preserve and lemon curd. BOTH tasted amazing. The staff was also incredibly helpful with selecting a topper and stand for our cake. Seriously, I can't wait until next year to try the cake all over again!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jennifer B

Cake was beautiful and delicious!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Angelia R

I had a wonderful experience with cake chicago. After reviewing all of the wedding cakes they have previously created, I wanted to combine certain elements of a few of them. They immediately made me feel comfortable with my decisions and created a sample for me of the frosting... Read More design to see what the end result would look like. It was impeccable and beautiful. I am very pleased I went with cake chicago not only for the cake design, but because the cake was delicious. The tasting beforehand was great, and they allowed me to bring along several family members. Our guests at the wedding raved about the cake about how tasteful and elegant it was. I would highly recommend working with cake chicago!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Samantha E

We were so happy with the way our wedding cake turned out! From the tasting to the wedding day, Cake made the process so easy! Our cake was exactly what we wanted, tasted delicious, and looked gorgeous! Highly recommend Cake Chicago!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Jennifer D

Our cake was exactly what we envisioned. They did a phenomenal job. Not only did it look great but it was delicious!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Mallory P

Hands down the best wedding cake EVER! It was one of the best cakes ever! Cake Chicago was super easy to work with, so accomodating and responsive. The cake tho - wow! Guest after guest came up to us telling us that this was the best wedding cake/best cake they had ever had. We... Read More had guests hunting down waiters trying to get a second or third slice! Cannot wait to continue enjoying the leftovers and we will definitely look forward to our first anniversary, knowing that we have a spectacular cake to eat!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Dan G

Katy, Joanne and the rest of the Cake team were AMAZING to work with! We had so much fun at our tasting, and our cake turned out beautifully. We could not have been happier with our experience.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Anna G

Thank you to the Cake-Chicago Team! Our cake was not only delicious but beautiful which our guests raved about. The delicate coconut and vanilla cake with the chocolate filling was a great choice. The design was simple, but the inspiring words were truly personal, making it... Read More more than just another beautiful wedding cake. It was a pleasure to meet you all. From the moment we walked into Cake we felt we were in the right place. You made it easy and definitely fun. . We look forward to an occasion to order from Cake in the near future...or do we really need an excuse!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Michelle K

AMAZING. They took our vision and made it even more incredible than we could have imagined. Such an amazing company to work with. We felt very valued there and every suggestion we made was accommodated. The flavors were amazing and the service was incredible.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Liz H

My mouth is watering just thinking about our wedding cake! From the beginning, the ladies of Cake were incredibly professional and helpful. They were extremely responsive to emails and happy to answer any and all questions this busy bride had! Although the availability of... Read More “taste test” hours were fairly limited in regards to a working couple’s schedule, they were incredibly accommodating and were able to send the entire taste test kit to our home to do on our own time. All of the choices and combinations of cake and frosting were so incredible, it was hard to make a choice! Once we decided on the perfect combo, we also sent them a picture of a cake that we’d like ours to look like. When I walked into the venue the day of the wedding, I could not believe how perfect it looked! I nearly cried at its beauty in the middle of our decorated wedding hall. Not only did it look incredible, but the number of compliments we received were tremendous. Thank you, Cake, for the wonderful addition to our wedding day! We cannot wait to eat another piece on our anniversary ☺

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Megan P

We worked with Cake-Chicago as part of our wedding at the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, but like so many other reviewers have said, I wouldn't have gone with anyone else after my amazing experience with them! Joanne and Katy at Cake-Chicago made our tasting a breeze and... Read More they were incredibly helpful in designing our cake and making our dream cake become a reality! They also helped me to pull off a surprise groom's cake for my husband with a New York Giants and Rangers theme! Cake-Chicago emailed me constantly to make sure I knew exactly where they were at in the progress, and all of my guests raved about the cake the next day! I will be a loyal customer of Cake-Chicago for years to come!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Tracey J

A wedding cake from cake-chicago was included with our package at the Renaissance Blackstone, but after my experience with them, I'd recommend them for any cake (wedding or not). During our planning and tasting session, we looked through some inspiration photos of other... Read More wedding cakes to hone in on the designs we liked. We then tried different flavor combinations and ended up having two different combos in our wedding cake. cake-chicago took care of coordinating directly with the Blackstone for delivery, set-up, etc., so it was nice to have one less thing to think about during a busy weekend. Our guests raved about how great the design was and how delicious both cake options were. I absolutely plan to use cake-chicago again for any other cake needs in the future.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Regan A

Joanne was absolutely lovely and she made choosing our cake flavors super easy. Katy was also helpful when it came to figuring out our cake design and was easy to communicate via email. The cake turned out beautiful and our guests all had stellar things to say about it.

Reviewed on 8/19/2016

The consultation to design my cake was so quick and easy! Not only did my cake look BEAUTIFUL but it was DELICIOUS. In fact, my dad loved it so much he stole my moms making her ask for another piece!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Katie E

I cannot say enough about cake-chicago! My husband and I got married at The Drake and they use cake-chicago so we didn't have much of a choice. I was not disappointed and am glad I didn't have to shop around because I would not have found a better place for our wedding cake if... Read More I tried. First, communication was super-easy; I always received responses to my emails within a couple hours and they were super-accomodating when I decided to make a design change two weeks prior to our wedding. Furthermore, the cake tasting was an absolute blast- perhaps one of my favorite parts of the planning process! We sampled several options and they were all delicious- if we could have had three different cakes with different flavors, we would have! Finally, and most importantly, our cake was amazing! Not only was it beautiful on the outside, and exactly as I envisioned it, it was beautiful on the inside! The colors of the layers looked amazing and several of our guests commented that they'd never seen such a beautiful cake inside and out. As for the taste, it was absolutely delicious and very moist! We've all had dry wedding cake before, but that cake was not from cake-chicago. One of my girlfriends is a beachbody coach and she doesn't eat sweets- ever. One of our friends who was at her table came up to me later in the evening and commented on how delicious our cake was and that the beachbody coach completely devoured her cake as everyone watched in awe! I also love that we were given the option of doing a top tier and freezing it until our one year anniversary or getting a new, fresh top tier in a year. We opted for the fresh cake and I can't wait for our one year anniversary so we can enjoy cake-chicago's masterpiece again!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Aline P

So delicious!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Traci S

We worked with Cake Sweet Food Chicago for our wedding in June, as they were one of the vendor choices for cake when working with our venue, Sofitel. After looking up their reviews, it was a no brainer to go with them. When we went in for our tasting and brought along 4 guests.... Read More Cake Sweet Food Chicago was so accommodating. They gave us multiple fillings and multiple cakes to try, each one as delicious as the last. It was a bit overwhelming having to choose between so many great choices but, with the help of our family and Mary, we were able to pick a great combination. While we were trying all the flavors, Mary also took us through some pictures on an iPad to get an idea of what we wanted our cake to look like. We left the appointment very excited to share our cake with our guests. On the day of the wedding, the cake was exactly what we had described to Mary. It was absolutely gorgeous and although we had to eat it on the run during the reception, it was the best wedding cake we’ve ever had. Our venue didn’t end up keeping our cake top, which works out perfectly fine since Cake Sweet Food is going to make us a fresh cake top for our one year anniversary. We are very much looking forward to having our cake again and would highly recommend Cake Sweet Food to anyone looking for cake vendor.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Alix O

Best cake ever! The cake, fillings, and frosting were delicious, and the cake was as pretty as it tasted. Not one morsel was left on anyone's plate, which is usually not the case with wedding cakes! There's no reason to shop around for a wedding cake. Cake-Chicago is the best... Read More and only place to go.

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Bridget P

Cake was amazing to work with! We worked mostly via e-mail correspondence, but I felt very comfortable with that. They listened to my requests and the cake looked absolutely stunning. It tasted amazing too! Can't wait to order it again for our one year anniversary :)

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 CeCe T

Cake-chicago made the MOST beautiful cake for my wedding this past weekend! It was absolutely perfect, a piece of artwork!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Emily W

We got our wedding cake through Cake Chicago. The entire process was a dream! Everyone who came into contact with us was so friendly, kind and overly helpful! We had NO idea what we were thinking in terms of wedding cake-literally. We just wanted something tasty and pretty to... Read More look at. Boy did we get both.. And then some!! We scheduled our tasting about 45 days before our wedding; no one batted an eye about our semi-late booking of cake tasting... When we got there, Katie was so friendly and incredibly helpful! She answered ALL of my questions (which are sometimes in-ending) with a smile. Our cake was not only gorgeous but delicious too! Our guests thought so too!! I didn't try our cake until 3am and it was amazing!!! Don't hesitate.. Call Cale Chicago now!!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Brittany G

Our entire experience with Cake Chicago was amazing! The entire staff was extremely kind and helpful. My husband and I were both really excited for the cake tasting and Cake Chicago did not disappoint. All of the flavors were so amazing and they made the experience a lot of fun!... Read More Our cake turned out exactly as we wanted. We received multiple compliments on the cake throughout the night. I would definitely recommend Cake Chicago!

Mary Winslow

Mary majored in marketing and accounting at DePaul University, eventually finding herself in publishing sales. After marriage and two children, she rediscovered her love of baking and decided to pursue her baking dreams . In 1994 she started a two year apprenticeship with Bittersweet Bakery and Blue Plate catering. In 1997 she branched out on her own and formed take the cake. Soon Mary was supplying cakes for many retail clients as well as managing a thriving wholesale business to hotels which continues today.

Start a Conversation!