Cakes by Christina

Cakes by Christina specializes in custom-designed cakes, cupcakes and cookies. We work with each client to create a design that is both a work of art and an expression of your personality. Call or email for details or to schedule a consultation.

$$

Cakes + Desserts

780 Admore Dr, Kent, OH

DELICIOUS WEDDING CAKES!

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Ashley T

I cannot speak highly enough of Cakes by Christina. She is a one woman show and really exclusive, taking only one wedding a weekend, but it's so worth booking her early. We were blown away by the tasting. Her cakes were moist and her selection of choices and customization was amazing. We ended up doing cupcakes for easy guest access and a small cutting cake. Try the strawberry cake with the lemon curd filling! Tastes like strawberry lemonade! We also loved the cinnamon roll cake with cream cheese frosting and the peanut butter chocolate chip with chocolate ganache center. Her prices were probably the best around AND she delivered and set up! BOOK HER!!! You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Emily S

From the very beginning, I knew that Cakes by Christina was who I wanted to use for our wedding cake. Christina was more than happy to welcome my husband and I into her home to do our cake testing; she was patient with us and answered all our questions promptly. I brought two different pictures of cakes that we wanted to take ideas from, and Christina had no issues creating our perfect cake. Our cake was delivered to our venue on time and in perfect condition; I couldn’t be any happier. Our guests were very pleased with our cake, and even our vendors were complimenting on how beautiful and gorgeous our cake was. And of course, on top of that, it was delicious! I would recommend Cakes by Christina to anyone who wants a fabulous cake with a personal touch!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Jessie C

Christina did an amazing job with our cupcakes and our grooms cake for our wedding. Everyone loved them!! The mocha toffee flavor was the favorite. Her unique flavors make her stand out from everyone else. Was not disappointed by our choice to go with Cakes by Christina!! I would definitely recommend her to friends and family.

Bridal shower cupcakes

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Christina did an amazing job! She was so patient, helping us figure out what we wanted/needed for our shower. Her cupcakes were absolutely delicious and the presentation was beautiful. She is very professional and will make sure things go perfectly for your special day. Highly recommend Cakes by Christina!

YUMMY!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

I have used cakes by christina on multiple occasions over the past couple of years. anniversaries etc and this past february i had her make an amazing "very hungry caterpillar" cake for my daughters kid party and it received rave reviews by the kids and adults. because of this and the quality of her work i recommended that my brother and his fiancé have christina do their wedding cake for may 2015. they had talked about using someone else but i told them her work is amazing and your cake will be exactly like the pictures! can't wait to use her services again in the future!

Delicious and beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Jennifer C

We loved the cake Christina made for us! We told her what we wanted and she designed it perfectly. Not only was it beautiful, but it was delicious! We had chose 2 layers and each was a different flavor... Lemon with raspberry filling, and caramel with apple filling. They were both so good. I will definitely order from Cakes by Christina again!

Shower, Wedding, Anniversary Cakes

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

Christina's cakes are out of this world! I have had the pleasure of working with Christina for multiple events and the process was seamless from design to delivery. Not only are her cakes beautiful but even better they are delicious. She will give you a wide variety of options at the cake tasting and spends as much time as needed with you on cake design. Her cake design skills are exceptional. Most importantly you can count on Christina's professionalism and clean kitchen. All of our guests raved about our gorgeous Champagne cake with Strawberry filling!

Cannot say enough good things about her!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Tresa L

I found Christina through my sisters who were charged with finding a bakery for my wedding cupcakes. They went to a cake tasting at Cakes by Christina and loved it! They told me she had the largest cupcakes of all the places they had tried! Based on their recommendation, I went with Cakes by Christina for my wedding cupcakes. I could not be more pleased with how everything turned out! Christina created a beautiful world map cutting cake which was exactly what I had dreamed of. She offered a variety of cupcake flavors and fillings! She was even willing to go above and beyond to create cupcakes without eggs or gelatin as many of my guests were vegan. All of my wedding guests raved about how delicious and beautiful her cupcakes turned out! Thank you Christina for making our wedding day so special!

Cakes By Christina is wonderful

Reviewed on 9/17/2014

Cakes By Christina was reccomnded to me by a friend, and I was more than pleased with Chrsitna's wonderful work at my wedding (we had a cutting cake and 145 cupcakes in 4 different flavors). She has great communication skills that match be top-shelf catering skills. She even designed a cupcake flavor for us. Her artistic skills are beautiful, and he delivery & set-up skills were excellent. Best to you all ... and enjoy Cakes By Christina!!!!! oxox, SG

Awesome grooms cake

Reviewed on 6/05/2014

Christina made a grooms cake for my wedding. My husband is a big scuba diver and she made the coolest scuba diving cake ever! I gave her some ideas of what I wanted and the final product was awesome! Everyone raved about how cool the design was. The cake was also very delicious! Christina has a strong attention to detail. All the details from the scuba diver to the fish on the cake were done incredibly. I would recommend Cakes by Christina to anyone! She did awesome!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 6/05/2014

Christina made my cake for the wedding. It was not only beautiful but it was delicious as well. We tried several samples at our cake testing but we ultimately decided on the champagne cake, but they were all delicious! I had a specific style I wanted her to replicate. The design was very intricate but Christina did an awesome job and the final product turned out exactly how I wanted. I heard so many positive comments about how beautiful and tasty our cake was. I would definitely use Christina again and recommend her to others!

2014-09-15T20:36:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for leaving a review. I loved the design you picked for your cake. I am so glad you liked the final result.

Amazing cake!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Shelley H

Christina is awesome. She was so easy to work with. She did a beautiful job creating the design for my cake using my ideas and photos. The flavor of the cake was excellent. We chose lemon with raspberry filling and andes mint with chocolate cake. My guests have been raving about the cake for weeks. I would highly suggest Cakes by Christina!

2014-09-15T20:35:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! It was a pleasure working with you and your fiancé. The color combo you picked is one of my favorites.

Cakes by Christinia

Reviewed on 1/12/2014 Jennifer F

When we first met Christina at her home, she situated my husband and I with different cake samples, fillings, icing,etc. Everything we sampled was delicious! Christina also showed us different samples of wedding cakes or cupcake displays which were all uniquely decorated to her clients' taste. We decided on cupcakes with different flavors and designs with a topper cake for my husband and I. On our wedding day, the cupcakes were beautifully designed and decorated with every detail exactly what I had planned. The topper cake was perfectly set with the simple monogram cake topper that I supplied prior to the wedding date. My only regret was that my husband and I did not order more cupcakes due to the fact that every cupcake was eaten soon after we cut our topper cake! Our guests were very happy with the dessert! I think the only small detail that we were surprised with pertained to the deposit of the cake stand. Understandably, you pay a deposit for the cake stand because it is specially made and if there is any damage, it would have to replaced. Both my husband and I understood prior to ordering our cupcakes that the cake stand deposit was being held on to and not cashed until the stand was returned with damage. Instead, both checks(one for cake stand and the other for cake deposit) were cashed. For future brides, I would make this understood or have it written down in the contract so that each person planning a wedding that is allocating funds and budgeting multiple vendors at a time will already have that planned and budgeted. Otherwise, if you are planning a wedding and want fantastic results with great quality cake/cupcakes at a reasonable price, Cakes by Christina is a fantastic vendor and I will continue to recommend the business.

2014-01-13T14:59:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure working with both of you. It is true that the cupcake stand requires a refundable deposit to use. If this deposit is paid for by check I do cash the check. This prohibits someone from damaging... Read Less Read More

Satisfied Bride

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Alison M

I thought that my cake from Cakes by Christina was a good deal. I got a cake for ~120 people (4 tiers). I was able to get different flavor/filling combinations for each layer at no additional cost. Bottom layer: white cake with lemon filling. Second layer: pumpkin cake with cream cheese filling. Third layer: chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling. Fourth layer: peanut butter cake with chocolate ganache filling. I haven't tried the top layer yet (saving it), but everything tasted good. My only complaint is that the bottom layer with the lemon filling did not go throughout the cake layer. Only about half of the layer had lemon filling and the rest was the white buttercream that was on the outside of the cake. I was not informed of this ahead of time and it was a little disappointing. Otherwise everything was great. The cake was beautiful and on time. Christina was relatively easy to get a hold of and the process of booking the cake went smoothly.

2014-01-13T15:11:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for reviewing Cakes by Christina. I am glad that your overall experience was positive. I would like to clarify about the cake filling comment in the review. The filling on all cakes is throughout the entire tier. But there is a buttercream "dam"... Read Less Read More

shower cake

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Leah k

Christina made a cake for my shower and it was amazing. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do and Christina was really good about helping me decide on a design that fit my personality and went with the theme of the shower. The cake was so beautiful and exceeded my expectations. What I loved also was the fact that her cake not only looked good but tasted amazing! I would highly recommend her.

One of the most beautiful wedding cakes ever seen.

Reviewed on 9/15/2013 Josh G

Our cake really drew a lot of attention and positive comments. The way that the cake flowed with our topper characters and tasted delicious (not something you can say about most wedding cakes)

YUM!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Angela K

BEST CAKE OF MY LIFE! Christina knows her cakes, how to make them beautiful, and how to keep cost down. I had a 5 tier cake (which makes the price more)and it was simple but so beautiful!! She was always professional, on time, and communicated very quickly. She worked well with my husband and I as well as all of our other vendors. Her cakes, hands down, are the best I have ever tasted! She literally has hundreds of UNIQUE flavors of cake, filling, and frostings! I could not believe she did all of this herself and was this good! The price is a tad high but completely worth it, and I mean a tad! I have left over cake that is still good and I can't wait for the anniversary cake, which she gives detailed instructions on how to keep it as fresh as possible! She is so sweet to work with and so creative!

Great cupcakes! Just what we asked for!

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 Kristen R

Christina did a great job with the cupcakes for our wedding! She was able to advise on size and quantity and was patient and helpful as we selected flavors and colors. I was running around so much on the big day that I only ate half of one cupcake — and it was delicious! Many others agreed. I would definitely recommend Christina. A heads up: her contract is super long and involved but don't get intimidated, she takes what she does very seriously!

Best Cake

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Suzanne R

Working with Cakes by Christina for our wedding cake was such a pleasure! Christina is very organized, professional, and responsive. We had more cake than guests and had none leftover. Many guests have told us it was the best cake they have ever had and that they went back for seconds and thirds even. The appearance of the cake was amazing and exactly what wanted. Also, the wedding was outside in July and had no problems. Cakes by Christina was very easy to work with and I would highly recommend her services!

Could not have asked for more

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Lara L

Christina does such a great job from the tasting, the creating and the end product. She was very professional and offered so much more than other cake vendors. I chose her mostly because my husband wanted something unique and she offered basically anything he wanted to create. But the nice thing was, I could have my own semi-normal flavored cake and he could have his wild flavors and she did not charge us anything additional. I also really liked the fact that instead of doing sheet cakes she does a "kitchen cake" instead. It is still 4 layers and that way guests do not know they aren't getting the decorated cake. And it is much cheaper than buying a large tiered cake. She delivers for free and I did not have to worry about it on my wedding day. It just appeared and looked beautiful when I made my entrance. About the negative comment about her not contacting them the day of the event, I feel it is better not to. I do not want people calling me on the day of my wedding. She made it worry free and the delivery and set up was flawless and completely arranged between her and my wedding reception site. Anyway I highly recommend Cakes by Christina and would absolutely pass her contact info to others I know are getting married.

Amazing Cake!

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 Miechelle W

Christina is very accommodating and very helpful. Her cakes are beautiful and they taste delicious. Thank you for having so many samples on hand. She is very prompt and made our dream wedding cake a reality. Thank you so very much for everything! Highly recommended!!

Amazing little cake lady!

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Megan L

I was ecstatic to find Christina at a local bridal show! The cake was the last big thing we had to decide on, and she made our decision easy! She was so open to making our cake special for us, and seemed genuine about making the cake perfect for our wedding! I wanted color and pop for the cake! I wanted people to walk into the reception and see the cake and say "WOW!". Christina made sure this happened. She sketched three different ideas for us to choose from, and her pricing is the cheapest you will find, period! Her cake is delicious and the fact she lets you choose from so many different flavors and doesnt charge you for every little thing is amazing!! People loved the flavors of the cake and I am so happy we picked Cakes by Christina! :)

EXCEPTIONAL :)

Reviewed on 8/11/2012 Janet F

My wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous and delicious. I received so many compliments on the look and the taste. I cannot say enough about how great Christina was to work with. Our experience was wonderful and I would recommend her services time and time again!!!

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 7/25/2012 Valerie D

We ordered a 3 tiered cake with 3 different flavors and each one got rave reviews, I had countless people coming up to me throughout the night asking where I got the cake because it was the best they had had at any wedding. The decorations were perfect, it was everything I imagined it to be and more! Thank you so very much for making my cake a highlight of the night :)

Cakes by Christina

Reviewed on 2/05/2012 salena r

Absolutely horrible. There are no business ethics or principles. The customer service provided was virtually non existent. Cupcakes were delivered way before the scheduled 1.5 hours. No contact was made with me that they were delivered or anything! The few times we contacted her before the wedding she was short and uninterested in the issues discussed. Very unprofessional.

2012-02-23T13:14:08 Response from the vendor

As the owner of Cakes by Christina I want all of my customers to be happy with the service provided them.All deliveries are arranged with the venue. Delivery times are based on when the venue will allow vendors on the premise, the type of goods... Read Less Read More

TO Cakes by Christina