Cakes by Christina

Cakes by Christina specializes in custom-designed cakes, cupcakes and cookies. We work with each client to create a design that is both a work of art and an expression of your personality. Call or email for details or to schedule a consultation.

Cakes + Desserts

9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

780 Admore Dr, Kent, OH (330) 309-3169

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Amanda P

I recently had my wedding at Gervasi Winery. I knew from the minute I talked to Christina she was the cake maker for me! My (future) husband and I went to her home (this is where she works her magic) and had a taste testing. She had everything laid out perfect and the... Read More cakes/filling were so yummy I wrote a deposit check on the spot. We emailed back and forth a few times...I would send her pics of what I was looking for and she then took all my suggestions and free hand sketched a few designs...we decided on one and when the cake arrived the day of my wedding it was perfect! I had SO many complements from my guests...it was a hot day and she made sure to deliver it last minute so the frosting didn't melt. I can't thank you enough Christina...I loved the cake so much I had her make a 50th anniversary cake as well!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Kristina D

Within the first 5 minutes of meeting Christina at our taste testing, my husband and I knew we wanted Christina to make our cake for our wedding. Christina always responded to my e-mails quickly and always has an answer for our questions. Our cake was 4 tiers with real flowers... Read More cascading down the side, and it was beyond perfect. We also picked 4 different flavors for each tier and each was amazing! I'm almost positive we had every single guest member compliment our cake and the flavor! Not only were I, my husband, and our guests were impressed, our wedding coordinator even complimented her on her professionalism and the beauty of the cake. With all that being said, I highly recommend Cakes By Christina. Our cake was one area of our wedding that I never once had to worry about.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Jamie F

Christina was amazing to work with! My wedding cake was beautiful and so good and I am still receiving compliments on it weeks later! She custom designed a beautiful cascading branch of red, orange and yellow flowers on my 4 tier cake and it turned out exactly how I wanted! I... Read More would highly recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Madison W

Christina did an amazing job on our cake! We wanted something a little different and she went with our idea and it turned out great. Christina provided a cake tasting session and had great recommendations on how to make our cake look and taste amazing. Many of our guests... Read More mentioned how good the cake was, so I would recommend her to anyone in the Ohio area!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Jennifer P

We ordered 11 dozen cupcakes for a wedding that was 2 months away - Christina was awesome with everything; from getting us scheduled for a tasting asap, down to making everything look wonderful day of. The cupcakes were delicious, and everyone enjoyed them. Everything was... Read More exactly what we asked for, and the cupcakes were amazing. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Stephanie H

Excellent design overall, flavors, and everything I asked for!! I was a bride who planned a wedding from another state so we only communicated via phone/email and once I sent her a photo of the wedding cake I wanted, she made exactly that! We were very pleased with choosing... Read More Cakes by Christina. Thank you Christina for allowing our wedding to have a five star cake!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Katie W

Christina did an amazing job. The cake was very important to us. And she did exactly what we wanted. She make our day very special. I would 100% recommend her.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Lindsey H

Christina's cake was exactly what we asked for. She was able to produce a cake based on a photo we brought in, and it tasted just as good as it looked. You can have each tier be a different flavor without additional costs, which I thought was really unique. I had no worries day... Read More of, she took care of all of the details from calling my vendor and coordinating with the florist.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Lisa B

Christina was great to work with and very accommodating. She made our cake exactly how I had envisioned! It was beautiful and delicious. Our guests loved it! I really wanted a gold stand to match my colors, and Christina was willing to purchase one to go with my theme.... Read More Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Andrew E

Horrible customer service. Ruined our newlywed high after the honeymoon with trying to rip us off on security deposit after returning equipment. Don't book

2016-07-18T18:47:53 Response from the vendor

As the owner of Cakes by Christina I want all my clients to be satisfied. This client hired me to make their wedding cupcakes in Sept. 2011. Unfortunately the client did not return the cupcake stand they rented from me. As a result, per the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Sarah K

Christina was lovely to work with, and produces extremely tasty and beautiful cakes. We worked with her for our wedding in April 2015. Initially my mother-in-law contacted her, and informed Christina that I have an allergy to dairy, and would be interested in having the cake... Read More baker use their regular recipe but with goat's milk instead of cow's milk (as opposed to using a vegan recipe). Christina indicated she'd be willing to try that. When she followed up with me later, I asked her the same question - again, she indicated she would be willing to try that and would serve us that at our tasting. However, at our tasting, Christina served us her vegan recipe; that, and her extremely long contract made it clear that she was, in fact, NOT willing to try anything but her established recipes. While at this point I made the decision to continue with Christina due to time constraints and other factors, I was extremely disappointed in this bait-and-switch behavior. In all other aspects, working with Christina went very well! Her cakes tasted fabulous, and the decorations were beautiful. She had provided idea sketches that allowed us to make sure the design would be what we wanted. Christina was also patient with the delay on our cake topper, and provided the cake on time and beautifully set up. In all, a great experience once we chose her, but her self-advertising and promises left much to be desired.

2016-06-30T14:45:41 Response from the vendor

As the owner of Cakes by Christina I was glad to read you thought the cake tasted fabulous and was decorated beautifully. It is true that the contract does specify that a vegan diet is the only dietary restriction that I cater to. I have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Hilary P

Christina was professional, helpful, and pleasurable to work with throughout the entire process. She not only made wonderful cupcakes, aesthetically and to the taste buds, but also backed it up with timely service and affordability. She was very flexible offering many options... Read More including vegan cupcakes. We highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Marion S

I knew from the first time I talked to Christina that we would be going with her services. She was easy to get in touch with, was very accommodating for scheduling (and even laughed it off when we showed up 15 minutes late for the tasting), and made delicious and beautiful... Read More cakes for a good price… not sure what else we could want. The display cakes she had out when we first visited and the pictures of her previous work showed us exactly what we needed to see and the tasting was an added bonus because everything was delicious and was a very pleasant and enjoyable experience! Her contract is very informative and covers just about any question I could come up with which was so nice to have. She was also very easy to work with and made sure she had everything she needed before hand so as to not cause any stress as it got closer to the big day! She sent an email a couple days in advance stating that she had contacted everyone she needed to at the venue and told us exactly what time everything would be dropped off and set up, we didm't have to do a thing! When arriving at the venue for the first time the cake was set up perfectly with topper and all and looked absolutely perfect! I will never be able to thank Christina enough for the amount of stress she saved me from! I would recommend her cakes a thousand times over to any one that asked (I still dream about the lemon cake with white chocolate ganache filling!!)

2015-08-12T16:27:11 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the wonderful review. I love when clients make a cake completely unique with mixing shapes and adding colors to it like you did. I had a ton of fun making your cake and I am glad I could make the process stress free!

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Emily S

From the very beginning, I knew that Cakes by Christina was who I wanted to use for our wedding cake. Christina was more than happy to welcome my husband and I into her home to do our cake testing; she was patient with us and answered all our questions promptly. I brought two... Read More different pictures of cakes that we wanted to take ideas from, and Christina had no issues creating our perfect cake. Our cake was delivered to our venue on time and in perfect condition; I couldn’t be any happier. Our guests were very pleased with our cake, and even our vendors were complimenting on how beautiful and gorgeous our cake was. And of course, on top of that, it was delicious! I would recommend Cakes by Christina to anyone who wants a fabulous cake with a personal touch!

DELICIOUS WEDDING CAKES!

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Ashley T

I cannot speak highly enough of Cakes by Christina. She is a one woman show and really exclusive, taking only one wedding a weekend, but it's so worth booking her early. We were blown away by the tasting. Her cakes were moist and her selection of choices and customization was... Read More amazing. We ended up doing cupcakes for easy guest access and a small cutting cake. Try the strawberry cake with the lemon curd filling! Tastes like strawberry lemonade! We also loved the cinnamon roll cake with cream cheese frosting and the peanut butter chocolate chip with chocolate ganache center. Her prices were probably the best around AND she delivered and set up! BOOK HER!!! You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Jessie C

Christina did an amazing job with our cupcakes and our grooms cake for our wedding. Everyone loved them!! The mocha toffee flavor was the favorite. Her unique flavors make her stand out from everyone else. Was not disappointed by our choice to go with Cakes by Christina!! I... Read More would definitely recommend her to friends and family.

Bridal shower cupcakes

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Christina did an amazing job! She was so patient, helping us figure out what we wanted/needed for our shower. Her cupcakes were absolutely delicious and the presentation was beautiful. She is very professional and will make sure things go perfectly for your special day. Highly... Read More recommend Cakes by Christina!

YUMMY!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

I have used cakes by christina on multiple occasions over the past couple of years. anniversaries etc and this past february i had her make an amazing "very hungry caterpillar" cake for my daughters kid party and it received rave reviews by the kids and adults. because of this... Read More and the quality of her work i recommended that my brother and his fiancé have christina do their wedding cake for may 2015. they had talked about using someone else but i told them her work is amazing and your cake will be exactly like the pictures! can't wait to use her services again in the future!

Delicious and beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Jennifer C

We loved the cake Christina made for us! We told her what we wanted and she designed it perfectly. Not only was it beautiful, but it was delicious! We had chose 2 layers and each was a different flavor... Lemon with raspberry filling, and caramel with apple filling. They were... Read More both so good. I will definitely order from Cakes by Christina again!

Shower, Wedding, Anniversary Cakes

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

Christina's cakes are out of this world! I have had the pleasure of working with Christina for multiple events and the process was seamless from design to delivery. Not only are her cakes beautiful but even better they are delicious. She will give you a wide variety of options... Read More at the cake tasting and spends as much time as needed with you on cake design. Her cake design skills are exceptional. Most importantly you can count on Christina's professionalism and clean kitchen. All of our guests raved about our gorgeous Champagne cake with Strawberry filling!

Cannot say enough good things about her!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Tresa L

I found Christina through my sisters who were charged with finding a bakery for my wedding cupcakes. They went to a cake tasting at Cakes by Christina and loved it! They told me she had the largest cupcakes of all the places they had tried! Based on their recommendation, I went... Read More with Cakes by Christina for my wedding cupcakes. I could not be more pleased with how everything turned out! Christina created a beautiful world map cutting cake which was exactly what I had dreamed of. She offered a variety of cupcake flavors and fillings! She was even willing to go above and beyond to create cupcakes without eggs or gelatin as many of my guests were vegan. All of my wedding guests raved about how delicious and beautiful her cupcakes turned out! Thank you Christina for making our wedding day so special!

Cakes By Christina is wonderful

Reviewed on 9/17/2014

Cakes By Christina was reccomnded to me by a friend, and I was more than pleased with Chrsitna's wonderful work at my wedding (we had a cutting cake and 145 cupcakes in 4 different flavors). She has great communication skills that match be top-shelf catering skills. She even... Read More designed a cupcake flavor for us. Her artistic skills are beautiful, and he delivery & set-up skills were excellent. Best to you all ... and enjoy Cakes By Christina!!!!! oxox, SG

Awesome grooms cake

Reviewed on 6/05/2014

Christina made a grooms cake for my wedding. My husband is a big scuba diver and she made the coolest scuba diving cake ever! I gave her some ideas of what I wanted and the final product was awesome! Everyone raved about how cool the design was. The cake was also very delicious!... Read More Christina has a strong attention to detail. All the details from the scuba diver to the fish on the cake were done incredibly. I would recommend Cakes by Christina to anyone! She did awesome!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 6/05/2014

Christina made my cake for the wedding. It was not only beautiful but it was delicious as well. We tried several samples at our cake testing but we ultimately decided on the champagne cake, but they were all delicious! I had a specific style I wanted her to replicate. The design... Read More was very intricate but Christina did an awesome job and the final product turned out exactly how I wanted. I heard so many positive comments about how beautiful and tasty our cake was. I would definitely use Christina again and recommend her to others!

2014-09-15T20:36:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for leaving a review. I loved the design you picked for your cake. I am so glad you liked the final result.

Amazing cake!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Shelley H

Christina is awesome. She was so easy to work with. She did a beautiful job creating the design for my cake using my ideas and photos. The flavor of the cake was excellent. We chose lemon with raspberry filling and andes mint with chocolate cake. My guests have been raving about... Read More the cake for weeks. I would highly suggest Cakes by Christina!

2014-09-15T20:35:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! It was a pleasure working with you and your fiancé. The color combo you picked is one of my favorites.