Cakes + Desserts

270 W State Road 434, Longwood, FL (407) 339-3660

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Kelly B

Sylvette does a great job listening to your inspiration ideas and creates something wonderful. Her quality of cake is one of the best I've ever tasted! We received many compliments on both the look of the cake and how it tasted. I would definitely recommend her services for your... Read More wedding cake, or for any of your upcoming cake needs!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Brittany S

Wonderful and kinda woman who made an incredible cake! She was very easy to work with and seemed to generally care about us. I loved that she had a different variety of flavors outside of the standard ones. Even though we had a small wedding she made sure to make the cake to our... Read More design (3 tiers) with enough to have a top layer for our 1 year anniversary!

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Alexa R

Sylvette was so sweet and so friendly, I had absolutely no worries about our wedding cake. The cake was beautiful and tasted so delicious. I ate the leftovers for four days! I would absolutely recommend using her and will definitely hire her for our future events!

Best Cake Ever!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Kristy C

Cakes by Design owned by Sylvette was such a breath of fresh air. I went to tastings at several "mainstream" bakeries; each time I felt rushed and just "like another number". With Sylvette, I really got the personal attention I was looking for. Sylvette is so sweet and easy... Read More to work with. Her cake flavors are unique, and they taste amazing. She is really flexible when it comes to what you are looking for, and gave me many options that I didn't get at those other bakery shops. The actual cake looked and tasted great! She really took our vision to another level. Would definitely use her for cake in the future, and if you do, you will not be disappointed!

Wedding cake

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Tiffany C

My cake was absolutely delicious!!! and the design was exactly what I wanted. The only complaint was that the baker was a little hard to get in touch with at times

Fabulous Cakes!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Paige L

Sylvette at Cakes by Design provided 2 very impressive cakes. One was our wedding cake, which was absolutely gorgeous and very tasty. 3 layers and 3 different flavors, all of which were big hits. It was exactly what we had envisioned. Her real masterpiece was the grooms cake. I... Read More gave her pictures and asked for a recreation of an unusual shaped complicated object and she absolutely recreated the pictures down to the last detail. It was amazing and the talk of the wedding. The groom loved it! Also enjoyed her unique flavors such as Chocolate Guinness (grooms cake) and chocolate peanut butter. Truly excellent work. We booked Sylvette through the Diamond Package with John Michael Events and have no regrets. She also worked with our florist to get flowers for the cake.

So great!

Reviewed on 12/28/2013 Vanessa K

Sylvette WAS AMAZING!!!!! Her cakes were so delicious and our cakes were beautiful!!! The wedding cake was exactly what we discussed and looked perfect. I also only spoke with her about a grooms cake through email and I, along with everyone else, was blown away with how cool... Read More looked. My husband is a crew coach and she made a cake shaped like a boat they use with all the oars and even little seats inside it. She also put his crew teams logo and the Gators logo on it because he is a gator fan. She out did herself and the cake was beyond what we could have imagined!

Takes the Cake!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Katie E

Our cake was absolutely perfect!! Sylvette and her team took care of everything and people would not stop talking about it. From the details in beadwork and fondant to the tie ins to our theme, everything was top notch. She added ribbon, flowers and even a little Iron Man statue... Read More as a surprise to the groom. We chose the mandarin cake with the cream cheese icing and all our guests loved the subtle hint of citrus! I recommend Cakes By Design to anyone looking for the perfect sweet for their wedding day!!

delicious

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Danielle V

Sylvette was so easy to work with. She made sure I had what I wanted and worked down to the last detail with me. The cake turned out beautiful and it was absolutely delicious. She even went out of her way to call my next vendor for me because our meeting got done earlier than... Read More anticipated.

Yummy

Reviewed on 8/18/2013 Sabrina F

Our cake tasted amazing and looked great too!!

Beautiful and Tasty!

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Ashley B

Our cake was absolutely gorgeous! It looked like it came straight from a magazine, but it was totally customized by my husband and I! We met with Sylvette at her shop, had a tasting, and showed her pictures. She then drew out a model of our cake, and it was exactly what we... Read More wanted! We chose two different flavors, and it was delicious! She also used dairy free frosting because I am lactose intolerant, and all the guests loved it!

Sweet Cakes, Sweet Owner

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Tai T

Working with Sylvette from Cakes by Design was a great experience. Her cakes are gorgeous and very delicious. There is a great variety of flavors, I'm sure there is something for every pallet. Great price and a great person to work with.

Beautiful and delicious cake

Reviewed on 11/23/2012 Michelle S

Cakes by Design, Inc., was recommended to my husband and me by a family friend. Sylvette, the owner, is very friendly and knowledgeable. She has a wonderful selection of cake flavors, fillings, and icing. We set up an appointment for a tasting and, to our surprise (and delight),... Read More we were able to choose any of the many flavors from her menu that we wanted to try. She made recommendations on what she knows to be popular and let us taste those, but also let us mix and match any combinations of flavors we wanted. We ended up with three tiers of delicious cake, all in different flavors. The cake itself was beautiful, and made even more so with the addition of a few flowers which she coordinated with our florist to get as well as the beautiful cake stand she let us borrow. We are looking forward to ordering from her again!

The Best

Reviewed on 6/05/2012 Keisha B

They did the best job on my cake. It taste as good as it looked.

Cake was Wonderful

Reviewed on 4/30/2012 Kimberly G

Sylvette was amazing. The cake she made for our wedding was beautiful. She worked with my florist to arrange for the flowers on the cake. The flavors were also wonderful. It was hard to choose which flavor we wanted because they are all so good. The whole planning process was a... Read More good experience.

Simply beautiful!

Reviewed on 1/19/2012 Mia b

I had never really thought of a wedding cake as an important part of my wedding, until Sylvia made our cake. It was stunning! The design was better than I could have ever imagined, not to mention the fact that it was absolutely delicious!! And she is more than willing to do... Read More just about anything you can imagine for your cake!

A true Blessing

Reviewed on 1/08/2012 Candice M

Cakes by Design is the best to work with!! I loved the care that Ms. Sylvette provided us! The cake was DELICIOUS!! The design was exactly what I asked for. LOVED it!!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 1/06/2012 Brandi B

Absolutely delicious taste! I wasn't able to come in for a consultation because I was planning my wedding out-of-state, but my coordinator and I sent Sylvette a copy of a similar style of cake, and she matched it perfectly! She is flexible, easy to work with, and her prices are... Read More great!

Cakes by Design

Reviewed on 11/22/2011 Carolyn D

I loved working with Sylvette for out wedding cake. We had fun at the initial meeting. Our cake was beautiful and very yummy. I love that she does normal flavors and unique ones (like guava)!

Sylvette is the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/19/2011 Amy

Sylvette not only make a tasty moist cake, but it is beautiful as well. She exudes love and generosity when you meet her, and carries it forward to her beautiful cakes! Everyone raved about it, and the price is totally affordable!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Bianca M

Sylvette did a wonderful job with my wedding cake. It was so delicious and fresh and moist. Everyone loved it. She also decorated it just how I wanted and it looked so beautiful. Sylvette is such a nice lady and very easy to work with too!

Great cake flavors and service

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Irene C

Sylvette did a terrific job making my cake picking process stress free. She has lots of cake flavors and gave me great advice for the design. Thanks!!!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/23/2011 Amy L

Cakes By Design was the best choice we could have made for our wedding cake. The company's owner and cake designer, Sylvette, is truly wonderful. She has a wonderful friendly and warm personality and is incredibly professional and accommodating-- and her cakes are... Read More absolutely delicious! She incorporated our special interests into a cake that reflected our personalities in a tasteful and elegant way. We would not hesitate in recommending Cakes By Design 100% to anyone!

Would not recommend

Reviewed on 4/04/2011 Kristin S

She had no idea what I wanted and everything seemed we would have to buy if we wanted details on the cake. I asked for jewels on my cake and was told by her staff they could do it no problem then when I met with her she said I would have to provide them and she had never used... Read More them before?! She seemed more interested in other things than her brides!

A +

Reviewed on 3/12/2011 Becky M

We were referred to Sylvette by members of our church. We were so glad to meet with her, after the horrible experience we had with our last cake lady (see below). Her cakes were delicious, we were able to see a variety of cakes she had created, and her prices are very... Read More competitive. The final product far exceeded our expectations. She did a beautiful & seamless job using butter cream icing (we HATE the taste of fondant) which not every baker can do well. We never saw her during set up but everything looked gorgeous when we finally saw it at the reception!