For a cake that is moist as well as beautiful.

Cakes by Linda, based in Falls Church, VA., has been one of the D.C. metro and northern Virginia area's master wedding cake designers for over 30 years. She is truly a sugar artist! Her unique custom cakes can be enhanced by her handmade sugar flowers. You will remember her cake long after the event.

Cakes + Desserts

7721 Fisher Dr, Falls Church, VA (703) 893-4782

Beautiful, creative and delicious!

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Randi K

Linda's cake was amazing! We found Linda at a Bridal Expo at the DC Convention Center. We selected her US Capitol cake as my husband and I got engaged at the Capitol Dome. What could be more appropriate! We selected a three tiered cake with two chocolate tiers, one yellow... Read More cake tier and a chocolate mousse filling. The cake was incredibly beautiful and delicious to eat. We received many compliments that the cake was a perfect addition to our wedding! Linda was responsive to my questions throughout the process and delivered the cake on time. I highly recommend her for any cake needs - it was fantastic!!!

Beautiful and tasty cakes!

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Kelly B

Linda customized my cake to match the lace on my wedding dress! It was stunning and really yummy, too!

There is not a better cake for any wedding

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Christine S

This cake was amazing as it was beautiful! Price was affordable and she dealt with a bride who could not make up her mind! My guests thought the flowers were real because they were so beautiful. We liked the cake so much we ordered another for a birthday. I would recommend Cakes... Read More by Linda for not only weddings but for any occasion, she is truly an artist and the cake is to die for!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Anna & Mo S

We initially had a different cake vendor in mind for our reception. However, my husband and I were starting to feel a little uncomfortable how the vendor came off and our gut told us to look elsewhere. We’ve started our search for a cake vendor by going to different wedding... Read More expo/showcases. My husband and I stumbled upon Linda’s table at this first expo we went to and sampled many of the flavor cakes she had. My husband could not stop talking about the Mango Passion Fruit flavor. I didn't want to admit it but I secretly liked it too. I kept telling myself we should keep on looking for more vendors. On our last wedding expo/showcase, it was at Dream Shaadi. I think that's when I realized I wanted to book Linda to do our wedding cake. We made our first appointment with Linda and talked over the simple design that incorporated our culture on the cake. She made sugar flower (plumeria) and we chose one of the cakes she made in past because we didn’t want anything too extravagant. When it came down to the flavors, we ended up getting two layers of Mango Passion Fruit and Orange Champagne. Our guests LOVED our cake. We recently just finished the last remaining slice from our reception and we were so satisfied with our choice of vendor.

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Lauren C

Linda did a FANTASTIC job with our wedding cake. It looked beautiful and tasted even better. She was lovely to work with and we would highly recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Crystal Minwegen

Linda is a very sweet lady. Very easy to talk to. Linda loves what she does. She was very understanding and made the cake exactly as to what i wanted! She made it stress free as possible and was very easy to work with. Her cakes are wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Jackie R

Cakes By Linda made my gorgeous cake for my wedding on October 18th and it was stunning! Not only did she deliver on the presentation but also on the delicious flavors we chose! Cakes By Linda comes highly recommended and for good reason!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Vanessa R

What a work of art! It was almost a shame to cut it. Absolutely beautiful down to the last detail - roses that were lifelike (one guest was convinced they had to be real and wanted to touch the roses to prove it) and an intricate design that matched the beaded design on the... Read More wedding dress. In addition, the cake tasted fabulous! The cake had two flavors, lemon vanilla (the bride's favorite) and chocolate (the groom's favorite) with a creamy, not so sweet, icing, and perfectly moist. Although the layers were separate and each absolutely delicious, together the taste was heavenly. The cake was an absolute delight and was consumed with gusto by the guests!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Marilee S

My husband and I used Cakes by Linda for our wedding this past May, and we were wowed by our experience! Linda keeps the cake tasting process very simple, and has a picture album of her cakes to help you make a decision. Her buttercream is the best we've ever tasted, and the... Read More vanilla almond and chocolate cake are phenomenal. In fact, her cake is so good, that my husband and I made sure to tell our caterer to have some wrapped up for us in our getaway car so we could ensure we were able to enjoy some on our wedding day (aside from the quick bite during cake cutting). We ordered both our wedding cake and a grooms cake from Linda, and both were wonderful! I 100% recommend using Cakes by Linda for any occasion!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Dianna H

Amazing! The cake came out perfect and even better then i could imagine. Our flavors were outstanding and the cake was very moist! Great price too! Thank you so much for doing such a fantastic job!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Sarah L

Our cake was so gorgeous!! Of course, the wedding was a whirlwind, and I don't actually remember if I got a chance to eat some that night, but Linda included a free 3rd tier. I think that probably we were supposed to freeze it, BUT we decided it would be better if we ate it... Read More fresh :) We ate a slice every night for a week, and oh my goodness it was so good! We ordered butterscotch and almond cake with dulce de leche filling, and I definitely recommend this combination. Linda was so nice, and very easy to work with. I would 100% recommend Cakes By Linda, and have already mentioned the name to a couple of friends who just got engaged and are just starting to plan their weddings.

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Alison C

Linda is amazing. She was able to take my vision - after some changes - and turn it into a reality. When I first saw the cake I was blown away - and then again when I first tasted it! All of my friends were saying that if someone had turned me into a cake - it would be my... Read More wedding cake :) She captured our personalities and ideas for the cake perfectly - and did I mention it was delicious!!!! Thank you for everything Linda - it was fantastic.

Bad Customer Sevice

Reviewed on 2/03/2015 Yolnie T

The knot Should remove cake by Linda on this list. It has been a year since contacted her to do my cake, she said to wait for 6 month before the wedding to book me. exactly 6 month before the wedding we schedule appointment for testing we book with send her a check 2 month... Read More before the wedding I called to confirm with her she tall me she had too many cake to do she cannot do my cake I was so stress out look around for another baker. I will not recommending to anyone she is terrible.

2015-02-05T18:01:45 Response from the vendor

I'm sorry that Yolnietm did not follow thru with placing her order. Our last email was Dec. 29th, and I didn't here from here again till yesterday Feb 4th. She called and asked me if I had received her deposit check. I told her I... Read Less Read More

Delicious

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Stephanie B

SO SO SO good!! Her cake was so moist and delicious! She offers so many choices and designs!! Worth every penny! Love her, such a nice woman to work with and made last minute adjustments! Love the experience!!

Delicious Cake and Very Professional!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Jeanne G

It was so great working with Linda. She was very attentive, responded to e-mails in a timely manner, and her cake was delicious!! The cake was exactly what I asked for- I could not be happier with the look and taste of it. Everyone loved the cake!

Beautiful Job

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Yelena R

It was very easy to work with Linda. The cake she created was beautiful and almost as we planned, but seemed to be missing the crystal string around the cake, but it was fine in the end...the cake still looked wonderful. Linda has an assortment of flavors that can be mixed... Read More together. Overall I am happy!

fall wedding

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Glenda L

Linda really has some really good cakes. Her cakes are very moist and the price is reasonable.

Delicious and beautiful

Reviewed on 12/18/2011 Gillian M

What a great cake at a great price! We received many compliments both during and after the wedding.

Horrible Experience

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Casey H

I met with Linda (Groom and MO in tow)because she made my sisters cake and it was very good. However, she was short, abrupt and not interested in different or unique cakes. She did not acknowledge that she had done my sister's cake and just ignored it. When we were finished... Read More talking about what we wanted she said what we wanted was not possible in butter cream and would have to use fondant (NOT what I wanted) and if I did not want that I could pick one from her book. It was not special and I felt like she thought she was doing me a favor by making my cake. UG!

Delicious and Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 9/13/2011 Elizabeth m

My sister in law had recommended Linda when my mom and I were looking around for cakes. I loved the choices that she offered, we ended up getting half chocolate and half yellow with a chocolate mousse in the middle. It was delicious! I wasn't a big fan of the taste of fondant... Read More but its great for cake decorating. Linda was able to use buttercream frosting and decorate the cake with fondant for the lace. She delivered on time and it turned out great!

Cakes

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Rally R

The wedding cake came out wonderful. For the groom's cake, we had a very intrcate design, and even before reception, the fondant fell off the cake. Talking to Linda later, she apologized and reimbursed us for par of the cost.

Cake Cake Cake

Reviewed on 8/10/2011 L H

We used cakes by Linda for our wedding dinner party---basically a huge rehersal dinner. We met linda at a bridal expo and hired her shortly after. We sampled her cakes twice but were convinced after the first tasting. When we got the cake the appearance was to die for, exactly... Read More what we asked for but it didn't taste as moist and delicious as the samples. Not to mention the top layer of the cake wasn't the right flavor. My husband doesn't like chocolate cake so I ordered the top layer carrot cake (his favorite). Much to my dismay after cutting into the cake we saw that it was chocolate...wonk wonk. When using Linda make sure the directions are heard, understoond, and documented. sheesh.

2011-08-11T15:51:04 Response from the vendor

I did not do this cake. I only had one wedding that day which is the review before this one. It must be another Cakes by Linda.

Cakes

Reviewed on 7/29/2011 AISHA N

So much flavors to choose from, and excellent taste.

wonderful

Reviewed on 7/21/2011 Oshila S

Wonderful to work with her. she is so talented and has so many different ideas and suggestions. you can basically come up with anything you want and she will create it to look lovely and to taste amazing!

amazing wedding cake!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2011 ashley W

Thank you so much for my amazing wedding cake!! it was exactly what i had imagined but more! it was flawless and delicious! I would recommend you to anyone in my future who needs a cake! it was perfect!