Cakes by Tammy

Elegant or fun- I can create it! Known for having a "smaller" bakery, I’m able to focus more time on each cake I create. One on one service from beginning to end! Cakes from scratch. Wonderful homemade buttercream icing. Schedule your free consultation/tasting today!

$$

Cake Stands, Cake Tastings

Cortland, PA

Great Taste

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Emily P

Cakes by Tammy was a vendor that was offered through our wedding venue. We had her cakes before at a friends wedding so it was a no brainer that we were going to use her for our big day. She was able to take a picture of what we wanted and brought it to life. The cake was... Read More exceptional. The butter pecan with butter cream icing is to die for!!!

Tammy is wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Heather F

Tammy is by far the best baker I dealt with in my search for my wedding cake. After meeting with her, she insisted that we look at other vendors before making our choice. And after we did, there was no comparison! Tammy makes her clients feel special and appreciated...unlike... Read More other vendors that I dealt with that made me feel like I was a burden or taking up their time. She loved my ideas for my cake and incorporated all of them into what was a beauty! We received tons of compliments on the cake and I'd recommend Tammy in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a baker for whatever the occasion!

So Delicious!

Reviewed on 9/27/2012 Gabe S

Tammy is amazing and so are her cakes! She was a dream to work with and absolutely ensured that you received the cake of your dreams. The cake stand that we rented from her was beautiful and her designs are fabulous! After the reception, our guests raved about how delicious the... Read More cake was and that they wished they could have had seconds!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Sarah B

Tammy was wonderful to work with. She has many different cake, filling, and icing combinations to suit any tastes. Our guests thought the cake was beautiful and delicious.

DELICIOUS!!!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Grace Y

This was one of the two choices we had with our package for our wedding and it was the best choice we made with the cake. Tammy was super energetic and she was one that seemed to have a passion for what she does. When we met with her she made us so many choices that we ended... Read More up with layers of different flavors. She does an amazing job with making sure the flavors of cake and icing are exactly to your liking. I love that she makes a separate cake for the anniversary cake. She is very good with details and we couldn't have asked for anything better. All of our guests complimented how amazing the cake was and a portion of it even when back with a friend to Ohio whose parents also raved how good the cake was. So kudos to Tammy and if you're looking for someone with passion on details and flavor, she's the one for you.

She's Amazing!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Emily B

Cakes by Tammy is amazing and I would definitely recommend her for anyone's wedding! Tammy was great to deal with and always responded quickly to my e-mails. She can do ANY design on a cake. She'll show you a lot she has done in the past, but if you like a particular design,... Read More just show her a picture and she can have it done! Her cakes are DELICIOUS! Everyone at our wedding said how wonderful our cake was! I love Cakes by Tammy and will definitely be making my sister use her for her wedding! She's great!

Thank you!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Lisa A

I can not thank Tammy enough for creating the wedding cake of my dreams! Not only did she make a gorgeous wedding cake but it was absolutely delicious. After tasting several of her cakes, my husband and I chose the white chocolate swirl batter with strawberry filling. My... Read More wedding guests are still talking about how amazing the cake was! I would recommend her to any bride as she takes the time to listen and is willing to create anything you want for a very reasonable price! She is the best :-)

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 5/12/2014 Tori c

I can not even begin to tell you how AMAZING Tammy from Cakes by Tammy is to work with. I looked at many different cake places and had high expectations for the cake I wanted. I wanted a truly custom cake with intricate designs. I went to a couple bakeries that wanted to charge... Read More insane amounts of money or just told me they could not do the cake I envisioned. When I met with Tammy she said she was excited to make the cake and hoped I chose the one I showed her. She was up for the challenge. The cake was the most BEAUTIFUL thing I have ever seen! I did not want to cut it! It was a 6 tier cake with a detailed silver dragee design and edible pearls. She had to apply the design with tweezers (I now feel bad about that). My reception venue second my opinions on the cake and said it was the best one they had seen. Not only was it the most beautiful cake ever but it also tasted delicious! You will not regret going with Tammy, she was amazing!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/15/2014 Brandi B

Our wedding cake was included in our wedding package from our venue, but we had a choice between two bakers. We chose Cakes by Tammy and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Tammy is such a pleasant person to work with! She listens to exactly what you want and gives... Read More it to you. Our cake was EXACTLY what we wanted! My husband doesn't even like cake, but he looooved Tammy's french vanilla cake with chocolate mousse filling which we used in each tier of our wedding cake. I would definitely recommend Tammy to all my friends and family. Such a great person!

Fixed my cake disaster!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Amanda C

We had orginally booked with another baker who called me and said they could no longer do my cake. That was the best thing that could have ever happened. Tammy saved the day! She met with us at an agreed upon location and built the cake I had designed to the tee. It looked... Read More exactly like my picture. Not only that, she was much more affordable than any other baker I could find!

Beautiful and Delicious

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Courtney C

Thank you Tammy for making such a delicious wedding cake that my husband ate my piece while I wasn't looking!! When I met with Tammy she was friendly and fun to talk to. She was open to all of our ideas and answered a lot of our questions about what was or wasn't possible. When... Read More we showed her some inspiration photos, she immediately understood our vision. When we ran into a road block with the particular color we wanted, she went above and beyond to try and match it. She kept in contact with us and provided us with updates on her progress. When she wasn't able to match the color (it was truly just an odd color), she provided us with many options (even though it was only a week before the big day). Her efforts to make us happy were much appreciated. In the end, she created a beautiful cake that fit what we pictured in our minds AND tasted so very delicious! I can't wait to chow down on that anniversary cake (which she baked and boxed separately for us).

Delicious and Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Jennifer

Tammy was wonderful to work with! I brought her multiple pictures of cakes I liked and she was able to design a custom cake from them! It was the cake of my dreams! The cake itself was moist and delicious! I have received so many compliments on the cake, it was definitely a... Read More hit! I would highly suggest using Cakes by Tammy!

Tastes as good as it looks!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 Erin

This was one of my husbands only stern requests. He liked her cakes so much that he said he didn't even care what it looked like, because it tastes amazing. Thankfully, Tammy is amazingly talented and it looked beautiful as well. She was so accommodating and let us choose... Read More different fillings AND cake flavors for each of our 4 tiers. We showed her photos of colors and styles of decorating and she put them all together and made the most gorgeous ombre buttercream cake. She's a dream!

Tammy was great!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Tia C

Beautiful cake that tasted sooooo good!!! Love Tammy!

Simply Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Janet W

We used Cakes by Tammy for our wedding. Tammy is very easy to work with, she realizes it's your day and she will work with you so you get that perfect cake you've been dreaming of. our cake was delicious, and just beautiful! I would highly recommend using her.

Do yourself a favor and hire Tammy!

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Victoria B

I love cake. I could admittedly eat cake for every meal of the day and not get bored of it. Chocolate, white, red velvet, I don't care...put some icing on it and I'll eat it. Cake = life. Good cake = happiness :) So I know bad cake when I taste it. Tammy's cake is out of... Read More this world, insanely good! The father of one of our wedding guests is a baker and she RAVED about our cake from Tammy, so that is saying something! We opted for 2 tiers of chocolate and 2 tiers of white, both with regular buttercream. The chocolate was perfect! Not too rich but just the right chocolate flavor! The buttercream isn't too sugary or grainy like some can be. The design and the artistry was beautiful!!!! Tammy was incredibly easy to work with and super nice! She put my fiance and I at ease and I felt like we were friends, instead of bride and vendor. Her prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality of work! Stop looking at other bakers right now and do yourself a favor and hire Tammy! You will not be disappointed!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2013 Tammy B

I'm sure there is a way to reply to reviews my brides have left me, but as most of you know, Im not very computer savvy! :) I just wanted to THANK all of you for such awesome reviews and tell you how much I appreciate them! On days I question why I do this for a living (you... Read More know, the one's where I added too much vanilla to the icing, or doubled the eggs in the cake mix on accident kind'a days), all I have to do is read some reviews from my former clients and I remember EXACTLY why!! Thank you all for making me a part of one of the most special day's of your life!

WOW! Most beautiful wedding cake!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 kristi k

Tammy is by far the best wedding cake vendor in Pittsburgh! Even so, that I decided against our normal "go to" bakery and chose her. She was very pleasant and easy to work with. She will even provide you with 2 large cake samples to take home and taste with your family. No job... Read More is too difficult to her. I had a very elaborate 5 tier cake and it turned out just as the picture I showed her. I am beyond satisfied with her service. She is also very reliable and talented! Go Tammy!

Great cake

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Sierra L

Tammy made my dream cake for my wedding! It was beautiful and amazing! The price was just right as well!!!

Good and beautiful

Reviewed on 9/23/2012 Megan L

So many times at weddings the cake looks great but does not taste so good... Not with cakes by Tammy. It was wonderful! The cake had so much detail on it it was amazing. But the taste was even better!! It was cake that people actually wanted to eat!! She has so many designs to... Read More get ideas from and so many different flavors and fillings!

Yummy!

Reviewed on 8/21/2012 smith f

Tammy is a REALLY nice woman! Our consultation went so well... that she didn't need to contact us again until 1 month before the wedding. I showed her a photo of the cake I wanted. And I told her what flavors... and guess what??? She overly delivered! The cake was so good,... Read More that I had folks ask if they could have some of our anniversary cake! We had the carrot cake with the creme cheese filling and the buttercreme icing! Yummy! Her prices were the BEST that we found in the Pittsburgh region. And besides price, just having such a wonderful vendor would have justified spending triple the cost! You have to try Cakes by Tammy!

Tammy rocked!

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 Rachel G

The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing. She had some of the better prices and her cake and icing couldn't be beat!

Nom Nom Nom

Reviewed on 7/19/2012 Natalie S

She makes the most delicious cakes! It was so moist and flavorful. SHe is very talented and can do just about any design. I took her a photo from a magazine and she duplicated is exactly!

Delicious Cake

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Kristin G

Tammy did an amazing job with our cake. Her cake tastes amazing, and she designed the cake exactly how I wanted it. I will use Tammy for all my cake needs now :) I highly recommend her.

Best Wedding Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 1/31/2012 Vania G

Tammy was the first wedding cake baker/decorator we met with. We had other appointments lined up but cancelled them as soon as we met with her. She has a wonderful portfolio and is willing to work with any ideas that you have to make your cake how you want it. She listened,... Read More made suggestions, and then fully exceeded my expectations. Our cake could NOT have turned out more perfect or delicious. She even suggested using sheet cakes and keeping them in the back to keep the price down! It’s been 3 months and we are still receiving compliments on it, know other friends who want to use her after tasting and seeing our cake, and have been told by multiple people it is the best cake they’ve ever had! I can’t wait until October so we can eat our anniversary cake! Many, many thank Tammy!!!

TO Cakes by Tammy