Cakes For Occasions

Serving Greater Boston, North Shore, and Southern NH

Custom-Designed, Nut-Free Wedding Cakes

Cakes for Occasions is a 100% nut-free bakery that specializes in creating custom-designed wedding cakes. We'll create your dream wedding cake by pairing elegant designs with our decadent flavors. Be sure to visit or call for a your cake tasting soon! 978 774 4545 or

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free, Vegan

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

57 Maple Street, Danvers, MA Serving Greater Boston, North Shore, and Southern NH (978) 774-4545

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Jen B

I worked with Katrina at Cakes for Occasions. My husband and I met with three different cake vendors and ultimately chose Cakes for Occasions. Designing a beautiful wedding cake was certainly important to us, but the taste of the cake was the priority. Cakes for Occasions has... Read More many absolutely amazing flavors to chose from and their cake is SO DELICIOUS and is unlike any other wedding cake I have ever tried. We chose Strawberry Grand Marnier and Snickerdoodle and everyone raved about the cake. The taste of the cake was not the only thing that set them apart from other vendors - their service is top notch. At other tastings, we only got to try a tiny bite of cake or the flavors were pre-selected and you didn't get to samples the flavors you were most interested in. At Cakes for Occasions, we were able to try as many of the flavors as we wanted and my husband and I were left alone to truly enjoy the experience together, without feeling pressured or rushed. Being able to try as many flavors as we wanted not only helped us narrow down our favorites, but also demonstrated that every flavor of cake was equally amazing and there was no bad choice. Rather than following tradition and freezing the top tier, Cakes for Occasions bakes brides and grooms a complimentary first anniversary cake so it's fresh. I highly recommend Cakes for Occasions to all brides. I live about 45 minutes from Danvers, but I plan on ordering birthday cakes and desserts for other special occasions from them because they are just that good!

Great cupcakes!

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Jennifer K

Cakes for Occasions did a great job on my recent wedding at a great pricepoint (180 cupcakes for $500, including delivery & cupcake stand rental). The whole process was very easy: go in to do a tasting, choose flavors and frosting type, give them color swatches and an idea of... Read More decorative accents, and you're done! They were also quite responsive when I changed my mind and wanted a stand rental with setup added to the contract. Their cupcakes are AMAZING, also. Some people ate three or more (I may have been one of them!). :)

very happy with our wedding cake and cupcakes from

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Laura B

We had a very positive experience with Cakes for Occasions! They hosted us for a lovely tasting and we were so happy to choose five different cupcake flavors that we served to our guests. They also followed my design inspiration perfectly to create our small cutting cake. The... Read More prices were reasonable for the combination of taste (delicious) and the impeccable service. I definitely recommend them to fellow brides getting married on the North Shore!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Sara C

Katrina at Cakes for Occasions was so helpful in the entire cake selection process!!! My mom and I got to attend a cake tasting at their shop and really enjoyed the entire experience. We knew that we did not want a massive cake and had a budget to stick to. Katrina provided us... Read More recommendations on how to accomplish the look we were going for, while keeping it under budget. We chose the Strawberry Lemon Crème with a Buttercream frosting. It was delicious and guests loved it!!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Marie P

The cake for our wedding was simply gorgeous. The artwork was just outstanding and the cake itself was absolutely delicious. I am so glad the staff at the Hawthorne thought to save us a piece, otherwise, we would not have had any. Not one piece went to waste. People are... Read More still raving about the cake to this day. Chet and I are grateful for the care and attention that was clearly used to make the cake. We thank you for helping make our event a memorable one.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Maredith G

Our entire experience with Cakes for Occasions was phenomenal. Katrina was so helpful and understanding during our tasting; we must have tried 14 different types of cakes! They have so much to choose from and each one exceeded our expectations. The wedding cake itself was... Read More delicious! Many of our guests were hoping for second servings! We also had them make sugar calla lilies for our wedding cake and match the color to our centerpieces. They were absolutely stunning. I have been recommending them to everyone who needs a cake!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Takara L

My husband I and worked with Katrina at Cakes for Occasions. We knew during the tasting that we wanted to order our cake through the company and signed our paperwork that day. Katrina was friendly, professional, and brought out a few extra cakes flavors that we wanted to try... Read More before making our final decision. A few weeks before our wedding, Katrina set up a final phone call to confirm cake details, and the cake was delicious and beautiful. Again, it was so easy to work with Katrina and Cakes for Occasions--we highly recommend. We're so excited for our one year anniversary cake! Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Angela G

Although I didn't directly work with Cakes for Occasions because my venue (Danversport Yacht Club) provided the cake with their wedding package, the cake was too delicious not to write a review! I met some of the staff at a bridal show and they were all so nice and friendly.... Read More Their cakes not only look stunning but also taste incredible!! I can't wait to have another slice in a year :)

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Taylor H

We had a great experience working with Cakes for Occasions on our wedding cake. We worked with Katrina the whole time and she was very patient and knowledgable. Out private tasting was so much fun - we were able to sit in a private room and taste as many flavors as we wanted. We... Read More wanted a clean, classic design with buttercream frosting and they definitely delivered. They even created a cake base for me using some special gold paper I gave them. They were not the cheapest cake company we tasted, but their cakes were certainly the most delicious. We are excited for our complimentary one year anniversary cake!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Alice L

Cakes For Occasions made a phenomenal Red Velvet 3-tiered cake for our wedding. I don't typically like most wedding cakes, since I find them dry and overly sweet, but this cake was neither. For the tasting, I was impressed by their tasting set-up in a private room with several... Read More choices to choose from. Katrina was very easy to communicate and work with, making this aspect of wedding planning (forgive the pun) a piece of cake!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Liza M

Katrina was so great to work with, our wedding cake turned out amazing. We had a fun time at our tasting & the cake was DELICIOUS at my wedding. I highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Samantha W

Katrina was amazing to work with as we planned our big day! When we arrived they had some different cakes to try and asked lots of questions to find out what the vision was for the big day. They helped suggest different ideas to come up with the best dessert! We had some fun... Read More cupcakes and the vanilla strawberry with champagne butter cream frosting was out of this world good! They are upfront with pricing and called to confirm the order.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Bobbi-Jo B

Our cake was amazing!!!! I knew it was going to be beautiful but WOW we were blown away! Not to mention it tasted amazing! Thank you so much for a beautiful wedding cake! It was perfect and exactly how we had envisioned it!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Victoria P

Cakes from Occasions executed our wedding cake wishes better than we could have imagined. Katrina was wonderful to work with from our first appointment to finalizing the details a few weeks before the wedding. They provided us with a beautiful Disney themed cake with 3 delicious... Read More flavors. The white cake with champagne and strawberry filling was the biggest hit!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Gina M

First of all let me say that the cake was amazing - incredibly delicious and oh so delectable. Working with them was great, such an easy process. This would have easily been a 5 star rating except for one, major, unforgivable issue. When working with the wedding coordinator, I... Read More made sure to bring in a swatch of the velvet ribbon that was to be my sash and my husband's tie at the wedding - I asked them to please match the color of the scrolling frosting to the ribbon swatch. They said of course, no problem, they do that kind of thing all the time. Confirmed my cake details a couple of weeks before the wedding but when the cake arrived at the venue there was no color in the scrolling frosting, just the same off white as the rest of the cake. SUCH a disappointment for me. The cake was gorgeous otherwise, just missing that one personal piece I had really wanted to incorporate. None of the guests knew anything was amiss, and as stated, the cake tasted amazing, but still was not what I had ordered or expected.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Erica H

We used Cakes for Occasions for our wedding in May. They were super accommodating with our requests and it turned out to be the prettiest wedding cake. Not only was it perfect on the outside, it tasted delicious. We had two flavors (red velvet and chocolate mocha) available to... Read More our wedding guests, and people continue to rave about how delicious it was. I would highly recommend Cakes for Occasions!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Katie O

We loved our wedding cake! We had our wedding reception at the Hawthorne Hotel on May 27, 2017 and Cakes for Occasions is one of their preferred vendors. We had an excellent meeting with Katrina back in November. We loved the private tasting, and the variety of cakes that were... Read More available. We had the vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and raspberry puree for our wedding and it was outstanding!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Rachel M

Amazing people and amazing cakes! They helped me vision come true and supplied us a vegan cake for me and my guests. HIGHLY recommended!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Andrea G

Katrina and her staff made our winter cake topper and gourmet cupcakes for 2/4/2017 wedding. Our guests loved the cupcakes and our gluten free cake topper was also delicious, not to mention beautiful. The cake topper reflected our winter wonderland theme, also incorporating... Read More our colors. Katrina was also able to accommodate my relatively last minute order. Thanks so much, Katrina. The cake and cupcakes were perfect.

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Maggie S

Cakes for Occasions provided us with an absolutely fantastic cake!! The tasting session was very well-planned and was a fun, relaxed way of picking our flavors. We chose three different cake and filling flavors for the three layers of our cake, all turned out wonderfully.... Read More When it was delivered, the cake looked exactly like we'd envisioned - very happy with the end result! I would recommend Cakes for Occasions to anyone needing a wedding cake!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Briana L

OBSESSED!!! Delicious, beautiful, and so great to work with!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Thomas H

I got married last weekend and I could not have been happier with how our cake came out. It not only looked amazing, it was delicious too. Even though it is out of our way we will definitely be coming back for other events!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Mimi R

I had such a great experience with Cakes for Occasions in choosing my wedding cake for my October 2016 wedding! Katrina was so easy and flexible to work with in the planning process especially during the cake tasting. She informed us of every option and answered every question... Read More we had in order to assure we were 100% satisfied and happy with our cake design. Not to mention, their cake is just absolutely to die for and every guest was raving about how delicious it was! The cherry on top is that they send you a fresh top layer of cake for your 1 year anniversary so you can look forward to the fresh, fluffy cake all year round! I am so happy I chose this vendor and you will not be disappointed if you hire them for your wedding cake/ dessert needs!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Marla D

Great overall experience with Cakes for Occasions! We used them for our wedding - 6 inch cake to cut and 200 plus mixed flavored cupcakes. The tasting was fun and enjoyable and they made the process very easy there on out. They were easy to contact and were on time the day of... Read More and provided beautiful cake and cupcakes for our wedding. Overall, 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Kelly D

Katrina was a pleasure to work with and made the process of selecting my wedding cake so easy! On the day, the cake was beautiful and tasted delicious. Would highly recommend!