Cakes For Occasions

Serving Greater Boston, North Shore, and Southern NH

Custom-Designed, Nut-Free Wedding Cakes

Cakes for Occasions is a 100% nut-free bakery that specializes in creating custom-designed wedding cakes. We'll create your dream wedding cake by pairing elegant designs with our decadent flavors. Be sure to visit or call for a your cake tasting soon! 978 774 4545 or www.cakes4occasions.com

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free, Vegan

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

57 Maple Street, Danvers, MA Serving Greater Boston, North Shore, and Southern NH (978) 774-4545

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Jen B

I worked with Katrina at Cakes for Occasions. My husband and I met with three different cake vendors and ultimately chose Cakes for Occasions. Designing a beautiful wedding cake was certainly important to us, but the taste of the cake was the priority. Cakes for Occasions has... Read More many absolutely amazing flavors to chose from and their cake is SO DELICIOUS and is unlike any other wedding cake I have ever tried. We chose Strawberry Grand Marnier and Snickerdoodle and everyone raved about the cake. The taste of the cake was not the only thing that set them apart from other vendors - their service is top notch. At other tastings, we only got to try a tiny bite of cake or the flavors were pre-selected and you didn't get to samples the flavors you were most interested in. At Cakes for Occasions, we were able to try as many of the flavors as we wanted and my husband and I were left alone to truly enjoy the experience together, without feeling pressured or rushed. Being able to try as many flavors as we wanted not only helped us narrow down our favorites, but also demonstrated that every flavor of cake was equally amazing and there was no bad choice. Rather than following tradition and freezing the top tier, Cakes for Occasions bakes brides and grooms a complimentary first anniversary cake so it's fresh. I highly recommend Cakes for Occasions to all brides. I live about 45 minutes from Danvers, but I plan on ordering birthday cakes and desserts for other special occasions from them because they are just that good!

Great cupcakes!

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Jennifer K

Cakes for Occasions did a great job on my recent wedding at a great pricepoint (180 cupcakes for $500, including delivery & cupcake stand rental). The whole process was very easy: go in to do a tasting, choose flavors and frosting type, give them color swatches and an idea of... Read More decorative accents, and you're done! They were also quite responsive when I changed my mind and wanted a stand rental with setup added to the contract. Their cupcakes are AMAZING, also. Some people ate three or more (I may have been one of them!). :)

very happy with our wedding cake and cupcakes from

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Laura B

We had a very positive experience with Cakes for Occasions! They hosted us for a lovely tasting and we were so happy to choose five different cupcake flavors that we served to our guests. They also followed my design inspiration perfectly to create our small cutting cake. The... Read More prices were reasonable for the combination of taste (delicious) and the impeccable service. I definitely recommend them to fellow brides getting married on the North Shore!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Maggie S

Cakes for Occasions provided us with an absolutely fantastic cake!! The tasting session was very well-planned and was a fun, relaxed way of picking our flavors. We chose three different cake and filling flavors for the three layers of our cake, all turned out wonderfully.... Read More When it was delivered, the cake looked exactly like we'd envisioned - very happy with the end result! I would recommend Cakes for Occasions to anyone needing a wedding cake!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Briana L

OBSESSED!!! Delicious, beautiful, and so great to work with!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Thomas H

I got married last weekend and I could not have been happier with how our cake came out. It not only looked amazing, it was delicious too. Even though it is out of our way we will definitely be coming back for other events!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Mimi R

I had such a great experience with Cakes for Occasions in choosing my wedding cake for my October 2016 wedding! Katrina was so easy and flexible to work with in the planning process especially during the cake tasting. She informed us of every option and answered every question... Read More we had in order to assure we were 100% satisfied and happy with our cake design. Not to mention, their cake is just absolutely to die for and every guest was raving about how delicious it was! The cherry on top is that they send you a fresh top layer of cake for your 1 year anniversary so you can look forward to the fresh, fluffy cake all year round! I am so happy I chose this vendor and you will not be disappointed if you hire them for your wedding cake/ dessert needs!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Marla D

Great overall experience with Cakes for Occasions! We used them for our wedding - 6 inch cake to cut and 200 plus mixed flavored cupcakes. The tasting was fun and enjoyable and they made the process very easy there on out. They were easy to contact and were on time the day of... Read More and provided beautiful cake and cupcakes for our wedding. Overall, 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Kelly D

Katrina was a pleasure to work with and made the process of selecting my wedding cake so easy! On the day, the cake was beautiful and tasted delicious. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Melinda D

Cakes for Occasions did a great job for my wedding on 8/27/16! My husband and I picked a small 6 inch cake at the top and had 150 cupcakes to go with it. The cake at the top was delicious and the cupcakes were even better! We had all different types of cupcakes and everyone said... Read More how delicious they were! We will definitely use them in the future!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Emily N

Cakes for Occasions made the most delicious cupcakes for our wedding. They also were able to make gold glitter frosting to go with our wedding theme. They were so pretty, it made you almost not want to eat it! All of our guests commented on the beautiful display and also the... Read More great taste. This vendor has several flavor options for cupcakes and frosting. They delivered the cupcakes to the wedding reception for a minimal fee. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Jessica S

The staff at cakes for occasions was a pleasure to work with. My husband wanted to have part of the cake with a golf theme. We described our vision and received a sketch back of how the classic look and golf piece would be integrated. The design came out perfect! The cake was... Read More delicious too! Fun to try all the different flavors.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Amy C

Our Cake was beautiful and delicious! It was exactly what we pictured as our cake on our wedding day. Katrina made everything so easy. It was also super delicious!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Erika B

My husband and I are big fans of Katrina's at Cakes For Occasions. She was helpful throughout the process from tasting to the big day. She understood our vision and was very accommodating when we altered it a bit. The cake looked and tasted great!! We would definitely go through... Read More Cakes For Occasions again for other events.

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Aimee R

Our wedding cake was provided to us through our wedding package at Danversport and it was stunning and delicious! I found out one of my former students worked on the cake which was an added bonus! Everyone raved about it and we were very happy. Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Kayla P

Cakes for Occasions was great! I had an all white cake and asked them to add lace (similar to my dress) as the detail and it came out beautiful. And also tasted amazing. They also made cake pops for us to use in our welcome bags for guests at the hotel. Those were delicious as... Read More well!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Holly H

Our wedding cake was from Cakes for Occasions and we couldn't have been happier with it. From the tasting to the final product, Cakes for Occasions was helpful and responsive. The cake turned out beautiful and all of the guests LOVED It. I highly recommend going with them - you... Read More will not be disappointed and the price point is great compared to other vendors in the area! [the strawberry and champagne cake is to die for!]

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Liz L

We were blown away by our stunning, nautical inspired wedding cake! Katrina from CFO made great suggestions based off a picture that inspired us. Our guests raved about how delicious it was, and Katrina did a great job sizing it based off our headcount, so we didn't over-order... Read More too much, but some people were able to have 2 pieces (b/c it was so amazing)! Thanks Cakes for Occaions -job well done!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Chelsea E

Cakes for Occasions was THE BEST. They let us try as many flavors of cake as we wanted during our trial, and their flavors were unique and absolutely delicious. We ended up picking a chocolate oreo cake and a vanilla & strawberry cream cake for our reception. Katrina was... Read More incredibly helpful, friendly, and professional; she did a great job. Thanks to Cakes for Occasions; we look forward to our anniversary cake in a year! (They send you a 6 inch version of your wedding cake for free on your 1 year anniversary!)

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Cherish S

Vanilla Cake, Vanilla Buttercream, KEY LIME MOUSSE with Fresh Raspberries. That should be all I have to say, because it was the best cake we had ever eaten. In fact, I am still eating it, and will be so sad when it is gone. Our base cake was included in our package with Salem... Read More Waterfront from one of two bakeries. The other bakery was rude to me, so I contacted Cakes for Occasions hoping to simply make sure there was dessert for our guests. Katrina at Cakes for Occasions was outstanding. She scheduled an appointment (and then rescheduled due to a conflict with my husband’s schedule). We arrived for our tasting and she walked us through all the flavors they offer, and what was included, as well as what we could upgrade to if we wanted to. And then we got to pick what we wanted to taste. She did not give us a limit on the amount we tasted and brought them all in for us to try. She stepped out of the room and left us alone with all the cake, which was fantastic. My husband probably wishes someone was there when I nearly stabbed him with a fork for taking a bite of the key lime one. Anyway, Katrina came back in and asked us how we were doing, and I said we were trying to decide whether it was worth it to upgrade. I admitted the key lime was my favorite, but said I needed to think about it… instead she sat down (no pressure) and said, let’s work out what it will look like while you thing. She was professional at all times and so wonderful when I asked her if she wouldn’t mind stepping out so the husband and I could discuss the money part. Our cake was beautiful, delicious, and Cakes for Occasions gave us an awesome tasting experience.

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Amy T

We just met with Katrina last night and we had the best time. She was so easy to talk to and friendly. It was definitely the most fun I've had so far in the wedding planning process. The cakes are all delicious. I have full confidence that our cake with exceed every expectation.... Read More Will definitely be back in the future!

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Anna K

Our wedding cake was delicious and it looked amazing!! Right from the start, we had an excellent experience working with Cakes for Occasions! We got to sample a wide variety at the tasting, and as well as discuss a variety of design options to customize exactly what we... Read More wanted. They were very helpful in answering our questions as we ordered our own cake topper and cake stand. Our venue took care of the rest, and we got to enjoy a beautiful cake during our wedding reception! We really enjoyed the wedding cake and would highly recommend Cakes for Occasions!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Emily S

Absolutely WONDERFUL!!! Katrina is awesome, professional, and seems to really love what she does. From the cake tasting, to ordering, to the wedding-day end result -- everything was great!!! We got so many compliments on how delicious (and beautiful!) the cake was. I would... Read More recommend them to anyone! --And you get a complimentary cake for your 1 year wedding anniversary -- no freezer-burned top layer leftover!

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Amanda P

We wanted a basic cake to match the colors of the wedding, and no cake topper. They helped us with suggestions, invited us to taste the cakes and frostings, fillings, etc. It was a great experience and overall, I would recommend Cakes for Occasions.

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Oonagh B

Katrina was so helpful about helping us choose our wonderful cake for our October 2015 wedding. The cake was absolutely delicious and so beautiful. Thank you for the wonderful service. Highly recommended and very affordable too.

Start a Conversation!