49635 Jefferson Ave, Chesterfield, MI (586) 725-9359

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Stephanie B

Everything about our cake was perfect! It looked great and tasted even better! I got many compliments throughout the night about the cake!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Erica P

Paula makes delicious cakes! Our cake was beautiful and we got a lot of compliments on how tasty the cake was. They are very easy to work with. We highly recommend them to other brides!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Nicole A

Paula and Gary were SUCH a joy to work with since day one. They both clearly love what they do, and are so warm and inviting during each interaction we had with them. Not to mention the cake was EXACTLY how I envisioned and everyone loved the design..AND the taste of it. Loved... Read More every minute of working with them!

8.1.2015 tent wedding

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Emily S

Paula and her husband were an amazing team to work with! They were very friendly and welcoming. Our cake was amazing! We received many compliments on how it tasted as well as its appearance. She did a phenomenal job and the cake was just fine outside in a tent in early August!... Read More She also made cookies for us as a favor which our guests loved as well!! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Kaitlin A

Paula was great to work with - she was so professional, but also made me feel really comfortable. She took as much time as we needed to help us design a cake that perfectly matched our vision for our wedding. Our cake was beautiful and delicious!

best cake ever!

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Ellene C

I had Paula's Specialty Torte at my friend's wedding, and it was the best cake I had ever had. So, I knew I wanted the same cake for my wedding. Paula met with us ahead of time to let us design our cake. On the wedding day the cake looked exactly how I wanted it to, and tasted... Read More amazing. We are still getting compliments from our guests about the cake.

Really Good Cake!

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Christina B

Paula is a sweet lady who works out of her home and i am so glad that we went to see her! We got referred to her from a friend and were very pleased with the results! She usually only does one cake a weekend so that she can focus and make each cake perfect. Also she NEVER... Read More freezes her cakes which makes them taste amazing! She also has TONS of flavor combos to choose from! I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding cake.

Gorgeous, delicious centerpiece of the wedding.

Reviewed on 8/24/2012 Susan d

We ordered Paula's Specialty Torte, frosted in beautiful, creamy buttercream frosting with a huge fondant bow on top. It looked elegant presented on a silver footed plate. The taste, texture, everything was outrageously wonderful! Everybody wanted to know where it came from.

Paula is Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/27/2012 Alex M

Having the perfect cake at my wedding was probably the thing that was highest on my list of "must haves" and Paula did not fail me. She created the most beautiful 4 tiered Cherry Blossom cake I could have ever imagined. It was chocolate and vanilla with cherry in the middle... Read More and it was to die for. We ended up not having as many guests as we expected so she sent along another box and we ended up taking the first 2 tiers home! She also saved my butt the day before my wedding and was able to provide cake boxes since our cake was not being served as the main dessert. Upon returning her cake plates she gave us a printed photo of the cake before the reception. I'm proud to say it's the first photo I received of our wedding and it's the first photo we framed (yes, I framed a picture of our cake). This was important to me because as the bride I was of course late to the hall, so I wasn't really able to see the cake until it was time to cut it other than to acknowledge that it had made it to the hall. I hadn't gotten the chance to see it up close and personal. My husband did and he was so excited, he knew I was going to love it. Go with Paula, she won't do you wrong :)

YUMMY!

Reviewed on 9/05/2011 Kara H

Paula is a GEM! Her cake is the very first cake sample we tried, and once we tasted it we knew our search was over! I am extremely happy with her services, and her delicious cake! People have been raving about how good it was! She is a pleasure to work with, her husband is... Read More also a very nice guy! I cannot say enough good things about her and her company, but I can say that I HIGHLY recommend Cakes Our Specialty and you would be a fool not to try them out!

Cake was aewsome

Reviewed on 8/09/2011 Allison G

They were so easy to work with. The cake was so good. My husbands family got to enjoy it twice. His cousin had the same person do their cake. They were the ones who recommended them to us. We looked around be they were reasonable and so good.

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Karenna R

My cake was so good and the design was breath taking, it was by far the best thing at the wedding. Paula is so sweet and nice and they have wonderful cakes. They work really hard to make sure everything is perfect.

Amazing work

Reviewed on 7/11/2011 nicole g

We had talked to several cake people but decided to go with Paula and her husband at Cakes our Speciality since they made us feel so confident in their abilities. They are an amazing couple that are fun to talk to and who are very dedicated to their work. The cakes they make... Read More are made out of their house which might freak some people out but TRUST me their basement is their bakery and is cleaner than any bakery that I have ever seen! Since Paula is the one who meets with you, bakes, makes, and delivers your cake, you know that you are getting what you want! I can't tell you how nice she was to work with and how awesome our cake (and groom's cake turned out!) People were so impressed with the taste and look of the cake that we kept hearing tons of great comments. We would pick Cakes Our Speciality again and plan on using them in the future since they are awesome!

Loved, beautiful, delicious

Reviewed on 8/27/2010 Sara B

Paula and her husband are just wonderful at what they do. They worked with me trying to accomplish every detail I wanted in my cake and the taste was truly amazing.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Michelle R

Her cakes taste amazing. If you can afford the torte it is great. Really good for showers. Goes above and beyond during set up.;Her designs can be a little weird. You have to go in with ideas.

Rating for Cakes Our Specialty, Inc.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Megan C

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 kerri k

The cake was beautiful and tasted great! Puala was so easy to work with. I knew what I wanted and she made it even better. I also purchased my cake topper from her. I can't wait until our 1st ann to have it again.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Lori Z

We wanted more of a non-traditional cake and she delivered! It looked great and tasted great too!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2008 Patty S

She is so down to earth friendly knowledgeable and honest. She has plenty of pictures to look at of her previous work so you know exactly what you want. She also was not afraid to speak up if something we wanted was not going to look right. At a wedding expo we tried her... Read More cake and it was the moistest wedding cake we had ever tried. It turns out the cake was 3 days old. Absolutely the best!

Reviewed on 9/15/2007 Perri H

Paula & her husband are amazing to work with Cake testing is a seller at initial meeting and the final product, set-up and on-going compliments were well worth the price. She makes great anniversary cakes as well!

Reviewed on 9/08/2007 Krysten G

She has a wonderful portfolio. Her cakes taste amazing. She provides instructions on how to preserve your top layer for the 1 year anniversary.

Reviewed on 8/27/2007 Gina M

Paula was very friendly and super easy to work with. We wanted pumpkin cheesecake w/ shortbread crust...she came through with the perfect recipe. Wonderful design also... everything with the cake was perfect!