Sweet Dreams are Made of This!

ROCKING Custom Cakes that put on an incredible visual show & leave your taste buds screaming for 'more, more, more'! The "Rock 'n' Roll Cake Diva" Christy Seguin creates luscious, homemade cakes from scratch using the finest of ingredients & designed to take your breath away.

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Cutting + Serving, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

8423 Research Blvd, Austin, TX Serving Austin, the Hill Country & surrounding areas (512) 842-7625

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Brianna W

Could not have imagined a better experience!!! We met with multiple bakers and we clicked with Christy immediately! Not only did she show a true passion for her work, but she was excited about designing something that fit our Hawaiian theme. We didn't have an exact picture of... Read More the cake in our minds, so we decided to leave it to the professional and she did not disappoint! EVERYONE gushed about the delicious flavors (almond amaretto, coconut w/ Hawaiian filling, champagne with strawberry filling, chocolate stout) and even I loved them (I am not a fan of cake usually, but I LOVE hers!). We gave Christy our budget and let her run with it. She's great with communication and finds a way to make it all work! She made a huge 4 tiered cake along with a false tier that included Hawaiian tribal symbols while focusing on the floral aspect of the islands. Somehow she captured the theme perfectly and managed to include bling for me! The groom's cake was a volcano complete with all edible décor! I've never been to a wedding with memorable cakes, so it was very important to me that ours have them and we most certainly did! Christy also takes great care and pride in her work. Her recipes are all from scratch and she was even willing to work with the dietary needs (Gluten free) of some of our guests if needed! Our wedding was outside in the Texas heat so she gave instructions on care for the cake and made sure we watched it closely so it didn't melt. I can't say enough about Cakes ROCK and Christy. I'm so thankful that we found her and I would HIGHLY recommend her for EVERY EVENT!!! Oh and the tasting was the best I had been to. She gave us soooo many options and we got to pick some and then she added her own ideas as well. The cakes and fillings were all separate so we could test them out ourselves AND she gave us plenty to take home!!! AMAZING.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Megan H

Christy was absolutely fabulous to work with. From the initial tasting, to the design of the cake, to the day-of set up . . . everything was a perfect breeze! Not to mention, our cake was absolutely delicious! I even have a confession: My husband and I eyed the top of our... Read More wedding cake for a few weeks after the ceremony and we finally gave in and had 2 slices for our one-month anniversary :) . . . we just couldn't hold out an entire year! Cakes ROCK!!!, y'all ROCK!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Kalee B

My cake was absolutely gorgeous! I came across this gem aka Cakes Rock by doing what you're doing right now, reading reviews. My guests raved about the cake and it's taste. If you're looking for a stunning cake at you're wedding that taste as good as it looks, then save... Read More yourself some time and have Christy do your cake!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Coral J

Christy and her team created an incredible swinging cake of rose gold for my husband and I for our wedding! I had my florist give her a bucket of purple flowers to decorate it, and it was gorgeous! All of our guests were AMAZED at her creation and it was a huge attraction piece... Read More at our wedding! She will be doing our anniversary cake and recommended for anyone who asks for a baker for their event!

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Alsxis B

Christie is absolutely the best! We did our tasting and she had a little bit of everything and it was almost impossible to choose because everything was so great! I showed her a picture of what I wanted and she was able to match it perfectly! She even had the grooms came... Read More perfectly as well! I sooooo highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017

Cakes Rock was the best part of an absolutely amazing wedding / reception!!! Cake was gorgeous and tasted better than any cake we have ever tasted. Hands down THE BEST cake ever...anywhere!

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Lindsey V

Christy was wonderful to work with! I compared prices all over Austin and she is an amazing value! I tried quite a few cake shops within the same price per piece and Cakes Rock won me over on taste by a long shot! Her cakes are moist and delicious! Our guests couldn't stop... Read More talking about how tasty our cakes were. Christy enjoys baking and her passion shines through in her product. Beyond product, Christy is very flexible to work with and encourages creativity. Christy does her best to make the picture in your head become a reality within your price range. I highly recommend Cakes Rock!

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Tabitha M

Five out of five stars! You've never tasted a better cake than this. Christy made our cake design and selection super simple from day 1. My husband and I researched around 8 cake vendors and are so happy we selected Cakes Rock. It's been two months since our wedding and we still... Read More have guests asking us about where we got our cake. We highly suggest having her deliver the cake as well. It arrived to the venue in perfect condition. Christy truly wants you to have the perfect experience and that's exactly what we had. Thank you Christy!!!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Laura S

My older sister got married to a U.S. Marine and throughout her wedding there were small touches of military influence (he wore his uniform, they walked under the swords, etc.) There were *many* higher ranking officials at the wedding, and they were paying close attention to... Read More these details, ensuring that they were flawless. The cake that Christy made was astonishing. The details and its beauty captivated everyone's attention. And who would have thought that it was actually delicious as well! I always though wedding cakes were for show - but Christy knocked this one out of the park. There were so many compliments given, even my boyfriend requested he get the same cake for his retirement party from the Marine Corps. Christy is wonderful to work with - and has such a spunky personality that it can just about brighten anyone's day. She is a true treasure and I'm excited to order many more cakes from her!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Amanda H

Christy is absolutely awesome and great to work with! Her cakes are absolutely incredible in looks and taste! She made mine and my husband's cakes for our wedding and they turned out incredible! People were actually asking why we have a Yeti cooler sitting at the cake table... Read More (Groom's cake was an A&M Yeti cooler) If I were still in the Austin area I would always buy my cakes from her!:)

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Angela G

Where to begin. Let me just say Christy is amazing! From the moment we talked on the phone to schedule our tasting to the day of the wedding she was great. We had previously spoken to other wedding cake bakeries before we met Christy and as soon as we got to her place we knew... Read More she was it. Our tasting was so personal, it was about 1-1:30 hours long unlike other places where it was at most 20 min long. She asked us tons of questions about our theme and what we were loooking for in our cake. But as soon as we saw her previous geode cake we just knew that was it. As we discussed the geode cake she began to actually sketch out what it would look like. We kept in contact all through out the wedding planning. I knew the cake was something I did not have to worry, she made us feel so reassured that our cake would turn out great. And so it did. Everyone just fell In love with out cake, so much so that it was published in the American Cake DecoratIng Magazine. We will never get over how amazing it was!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Adrianne M

LOVED my cake for my wedding! Owner is incredibly thoughtful and personable. My cake was gorgeous she delicious. She worked with our budget and allergies. Couldn't recommend this company enough!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Catrina W

A fantastic experience! Christy took me on last minute and created a cake that was more beautiful than the photo I provided. She loves a challenge!! And she's soooo upbeat, it's obvious she loves what she does. Additionally the cake was delicious and the sugar flowers....oh... Read More the glittery sugar flowers!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Spencer H

Christy did an amazing job on our cakes! People could not stop talking about our grooms cake and the whole thing tasted amazing. She is so sweet and always available

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Lauren F

Christy did such an amazing job! From the process of cake tasting to the delivery of our wedding cake, she was absolutely the best!! The cake was so moist and the design was gorgeous. We showed her a picture of what we wanted and she exceeded our expectations! We will definitely... Read More refer her to friends and family!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Jaime M

Jaime A 1. Christy's cakes are the most delicious cakes you'll put in your mouth! I've ordered cupcakes 3 times from her since for other special occasions. 2. Her decorating experience is legit. She'll create what you want. I gave her an idea of what I wanted & she ran with it.... Read More It was better then I could imagine!! 3. She was literally the most delightful person! Great energy & as sweet as her cakes! 4. Christy was, by far, the easiest & most pleasurable vendor I dealt with (and I planned the whole wedding myself so I REALLY know)! Order your wedding cake from Christy at Cakes Rock!!! and you will be so happy you did!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Basim S

Christy is an absolute joy and ease to work with! I knew the second I met her and received such generous samples for tastings, that she was the person I trusted to make our wedding cake! It was absolutely delicious, she was prompt and a truly kind person to work with and make... Read More everything fall together so perfectly from the moment I asked her to make our cake up until our wedding day when she set it up! Her cakes not only look amazing but they taste amazing, everyone was impressed and there wasn't a single bit of our 6 tier cake left!! Absolutely recommend her to anyone and would love the opportunity to work with her again :) We did half the servings vegan (chocolate) and half non-vegan (vanilla), they were equally delicious and my mouth is watering just writing this review after the fact, yum!!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Edna G

Christy is absolutely amazing! We chose Cakes Rock to do our both of our wedding cakes this past weekend. Not only were they to die for they were stunning! Every single one of our guests kept ranting and raving about how beautiful and delicious they were. Several guests had... Read More multiple slices. The were on point! Christy is an complete doll! We spoke on the phone and discussed what I was envisioning. We set up an appointment and she had a variety of options for us to sample! Her homemade cakes are made from scratch and the ingredients she uses, well let's just say leave people asking for more! They couldn't get enough. If you want your guests to die over the deliciousness and beauty of your cakes...Cakes Rock is the way to go!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Sarah A

Christy is a true artist! I found Christy about two years ago and ever since then she has been the only person/company I trust to make BEAUTIFUL cakes for all our events. She made my bridal shower cake, wedding cake and grooms cake for my big day last June and people STILL talk... Read More about it! If you've tried wedding cakes you probably know they don't taste great but Christy's cakes regardless of size will always melt in your mouth. She was always amazing to work with and kept me updated about the progress whenever I asked . There truly is no one better at making cakes than Christy!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

I just wanted to say thank you for making my daughter's wedding complete with such a beautiful and delicious cake. You took the time to listen and give her what she wanted. It meant a lot that she can actually eat her own wedding cake.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Rachel A

Where do I start?! And how do I ever stop?! 1. These cakes taste AMAZING! Perfect fluffy and moist texture, velvety smooth frosting that melts in your mouth, and COUNTLESS options to choose from! Our guests raved over the yummy cakes! 2. The artistry and execution of... Read More creating the cakes was absolutely PERFECT! We had a bit of a challenge for Christy, but she took it on like it was nothing and left us speechless! My husband and I are both Aggies and wanted his grooms cake to be the top of an Aggie ring. It's no simple task and most places we had prices were so far out of our price range, it wasn't even funny. Christy quoted us an EXCELLENT price, molded the ring top perfectly, and made it a TRUE color of gold (not some goofy dark yellow thing) that shimmered! We received so many positive comments on that cake and seriously couldn't have been happier with it ourselves! We looked forward to that cake from the time we signed the contract with Christy and it was absolute perfection!! Her talents know no bounds! And she certainly does NOT back down from a challenge! 3. Christy was as professional, kind, helpful, and fun as anyone can be! A true gem to work with and incredibly passionate about her work! My only regret is that we just moved out of state and won't be in Austin for our 1 year anniversary for Christy to create another scrumptious masterpiece for us!

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Rebecca V

Christy’s cakes are amazing! We picked her Italian cream cake for my wedding cake and her vegan chocolate for my husband’s groom’s cake. They did not disappoint! She has an impressive talent for themed cakes and can create anything you ask her to. She worked with us and our... Read More budget and we really appreciated that. She has a true passion for cakes and went above and beyond for our cake tasting….she invited us to her home and baked small cakes of each sampling flavor.

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Deb C

Christy was such a pleasure to work with from the get-go! My wife and I had a negative experience with the cake company we originally planned to go with, therefore, we had to find someone else and came across Cakes ROCK and it was definitely to our advantage! Not only was the... Read More cake she made for us BEAUTIFUL but it was exactly what we had envisioned, and unlike some wedding cakes it actually tasted as good as it looked! Her price was also very competitive which was a plus! We received compliments on our cake from our guests even weeks after the wedding had passed! We received so many good reviews the night of our wedding that the day after our wedding we decided to go ahead and dig into the top layer that we were going to save for our anniversary ( because of course we didn't get to try much of during the wedding!) and wow we were glad we did!! That's ok, it just gives us an excuse to have her make us a fresh replica of it on our anniversary which we will absolutely do!! :-)

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Tiffany N

Christy went ABOVE and BEYOND with our Bride and Groom cakes. They were eye popping in appearance and they tasted AMAZING! She's truly and artist and loves what she does. We gave her a budget, told her what kind of style we wanted and we allowed her to create two beautiful... Read More custom cakes for us. The details and intricacy of the designs were gorgeous. She is now our go-to cake baker. 100l stars if I could :)

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Amy M

Oh my gosh, Christy is simply amazing. She made the most beautiful cake for our wedding day. She has incredible talent & attention to detail. Not to mention her outstanding customer service! If you are looking for a cake that not only looks like a million bucks, but tastes... Read More amazing too, she is your lady. During the initial consultation, she gives you several little cakes with various frosting so that you can mix match and get creative. White chocolate mud is simply fantastic & so is her lemon pound cake. Pretty sure I'm going to be calling her for other various cake needs in the near future. So happy that we decided to go with Cakes Rock.

Christy Duffell-Seguin

I am a lifelong athlete who also loves to eat! Today I am a walking oxymoron: a cake artist who is also a bodybuilder! Cakes are my artistic passion, from creating custom flavor combinations to sculpting amazing works of art. I feel the main thing that sets me apart is that I am a baker first, & an artist second. We moved to Austin in April 2014, & I re-launched Cakes ROCK!!! here. I live in the Lake Travis area of Austin with the loves of my life: my best friend and soul mate, Michael, & our two precious cats, Eowyn & Rocky. My other huge passions include football, gardening & boating!