Cakes + Desserts

489 Winsted Road, Torrington, CT (860) 482-7060

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Whitney M

Tara and her staff at Cakes Unlimited are wonderful! We chose their wedding cake budget option, which includes a rounded tier cake in which only the bottom tier is real (you can't even tell from looking at the cake). The rest of the cake comes from a separate sheet cake,... Read More which allowed us to pick two different flavors and at a very reasonable price. They have such a variety of flavors, fillings, and frostings all of which taste amazing and Tara does an excellent job decorating and delivering your cake. We highly recommend using Cakes Unlimited!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Melissa S

we used cakes unlimited for our wedding 6/25/16 and she did such a beautiful job. Our guest are still talking about how wonderful the cake was and how light which is what we wanted for an outside wedding. Not only did she create a gorgeous cake but her prices were... Read More very reasonable which is not easy to find great tasting at a good price. Thanks so much dor for being a part of making our day special

Great Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Krysten L

Tara made our wedding cupcakes and cutting tier. She did a wonderful job. She is very professional. Her cake tasted amazing and everyone at the wedding loved her cupcakes. She is priced reasonably, and well worth the money. She did a great job with all of the cupcakes and our... Read More cutting tier. She made the cake table look beautiful and she made the cupcake tower look exactly like I imagined it. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding cake or wedding cupcakes.

Yummy & Pretty

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Kelly P

I found Cakes Unlimited on a recommendation from my venue. We ordered 110 cupcakes, plus a 6" top cake, 5-tier cupcake tower and delivery fee. We were able to choose 4 different flavors, which we loved being able to offer variety to our guests. For our fall wedding, we... Read More picked Pumpkin Spice (So Good!), Chocolate Chambord, Vanilla Funfetti, and Red velvet. We used the same type of icing for all the cupcakes- one that didn't have to be refrigerated. But we did use 2 flavors chocolate and vanilla. We also chose 4 different styles of icing design- so the flavors would be easily identifiable from the top. Cakes Unlimited also printed up little display menus so guests could figure out which flavor was which. Tara really went the extra mile in picking the ribbon to decorate the tower. I gave her pictures of my colors, then she sent me pics of samples and more samples. The tower really looked perfect. Tara also made all the arrangements about delivery time etc. directly with my venue, so I didn't have to worry about anything. Cakes Unlimited only accepts checks and money orders- no paying by credit card online or over the phone. And most importantly- the cake was so good. All of the flavors and the icing (My favorite part) were just delicious. I definitely recommend.

wedding cake/ cupcakes

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Kristen M

Lisa at cakes unlimited did a phenomenal job on our wedding cupcakes as well as our little cake topper. The flavors were all so delicious and the way she decorated the cupcake stand.

perfect!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Nicole F

Wonderful!!! Our wedding guests are still raving about our wedding cupcakes!!! Working with Lisa was easy and she took care of all the details! She made the experience worry free!! Definitely would recommend her!!

AMAZING Wedding Cakes!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Kayla G

Our wedding cake from Cakes Unlimited was beautiful, delicious, and reasonably priced. Lisa is so nice and easy to work with. She took the time to meet with us twice to go over design ideas and let us taste different cake and filling flavors, all of which were delicious! She... Read More was very helpful in listening to our ideas and also giving us suggestions. We couldn't have been more happy with our wedding cake!

GORGEOUS & DELICIOUS TOO!!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Marcia C

Lisa helped make our wedding perfect! She is a true professional that unlike many of the bakers we met with is willing to tell you the truth. With her help, we were able to pick the correct combination of cake, fillings and frosting. Our cake was not only stunning but absolutely... Read More delicious! We brought Lisa a picture of my dream cake and....she recreated it perfectly, 5 tier alternating rounds and squares with bling, ribbon, and scroll work. Now we all know that many wedding cakes are a bit dry and have little taste. NOT Lisa's cakes! Our wedding cake was moist, flavorful, and absolutely perfect. My only regret is that I did not pack up a bunch of slices for myself to take on our cruise. It was so delicious that I am still craving it more than a week later. If you want the BEST at a very reasonable price, do yourself a favor and meet with Lisa!

Tasy and Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Katie

Lisa made our dream cake! It was better than I expected. We had 2 tastings with her and every flavor was amazing. It made it very hard to choose. You can't go wrong here!

Yummy and pretty!

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Erica G

Lisa from Cakes Unlimited is amazing. She came up with a great design for our cake, AND, because she knows that not everyone can afford big, decorated cakes that still taste good, she has a budget option--which tastes exactly the same as the tiered cake.

Absolutely Delicious

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Kelly G

Lisa was such a pleasure to work with. The cake that she made for our wedding was exactly how I had envisioned it, and it was ABSOLUTELY delicious! We would highly recommend Lisa and Cakes Unlimited!

Fantastic Cakes

Reviewed on 4/25/2013 Rose G

The owner is so down to earth and is truly dedicated to her work. Her cakes taste really good with a large variety of flavors, as well as are truly beautiful

Amazing cake! I went back for more!!

Reviewed on 12/31/2012 Julie B

I went to Lisa, just because I knew my cousin had her cake does by her, and I couldn't have been happier with my choice!! Lisa was amazing! She took what was in my head and made it work! In listening to me, she learned how much I liked sparkle, and she suggested something... Read More else, and I loved it so much that we went with it!! Her cake tasted AMAZING, and it looked so beautiful! My family and I have gone there again and again since the wedding for cupcakes, and a smaller version of the wedding cake for the holidays. She also worked wonderfully in conjunction with my florist (The Harwinton Florist), as they have worked together so much before. It made my life so easy!! I recommend Lisa for your wedding cake!! I got cherry flavor, but the almond is also superb!

patriotic wedding

Reviewed on 8/23/2012 Jennifer E

Lisa is awesome! I showed her a picture of what I envisioned and she brought it to life! It was exactly what I wanted - she is great to work with and my cake was fabulous!

Scrmptious

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Michelle P

Lisa did an amazing job taking our vision of our wedding cake that we had in our heads and putting it on paper. We didn't want anything fancy, vanilla cake with white frosting but it was so delicious that we continued to have it for dessert for weeks following!!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 8/08/2012 Jenny D

We did a cupcake tower of chocolate and white cupcakes. They were so delicious and just the right size. I loved cupcakes because people could take one if they wanted rather than cut-up cake being left on tables and eventually thrown away. Lisa decorated a gorgeous cupcake... Read More tower, and I'd use Cakes Unlimited for future events!

Great Cake- Great service!

Reviewed on 7/14/2012 Lauren S

Loved the cake, it was beautiful and great value. My only complaint was that somewhere along the way the box and styrofoam for our cake topper got lost. (might have been the venue). It was a beautiful cake, and Lisa was professional and friendly. The tasting was fun too.

Lovely Cake

Reviewed on 7/13/2012 Victoria B

April was so friendly. She was prepared for our visit, even though we had to change the time of our meeting a couple of times. The cake was amazing. It was exactly what I wanted. It was moist and tasty. And the decoration was perfect, exactly what I wanted. I could not... Read More have asked for more.

Loved Cakes Unlimited

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Sarah W

Cakes Unlimited was amazing! They were recommended to me by a co-worker and from our first meeting on things went so smoothly. I fully trusted Lisa to deliver a beautiful and delicious cake and that is exactly what we got. The quality of the cake was better than anything else we... Read More tasted and the cost was by far the most reasonable around. Paid a very reasonable delivery fee because our venue was about a 45 minute drive each way for them. Would highly recommend!

Great

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Amy S

The cake was beautiful and affordable. They worked with you to create a masterpiece. The cake tasting was delicious and there were many flavors to choose from. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Beautifully delicious

Reviewed on 9/06/2011 Kelly M

Definitely recommended! Lisa at Cakes Unlimited was great to work with. She was very accomodating during our tasting and you could tell she had a passion for wedding cakes. We ended up going with cupcakes with a cake topper and Lisa had great ideas and suggestions to make... Read More them just perfect. She worked with our florist to create a floral cake topper and put roses throughout our cupcake tower. When I walked into my venue the day of my wedding and saw everything put together, I was speechless. Not only did everything look gorgeous with the colors being spot on, they were absolutely delicious - just the right balance of frosting and flavor.

Best cake!

Reviewed on 9/06/2011 Kristen H

Excellent value for a delicious and beautiful cake. Lisa is fantastic to work with. Highly recommend!

Beautiful and Delicious

Reviewed on 6/14/2011 Jessica S

I cannot say enough about my cake. It was stunning and very reasonably priced. The best part was that it was also very delicious! Highly recommend!!

Beautiful and Delicious and a Great Value

Reviewed on 6/13/2011 Gloria B

My daughter's cake was absolutely gorgeous and delicious, too. This vendor took a picture we gave her and turned it into an absolutely beautiful cake. She has great ideas for making your cake more affordable, too.

Delicious and beautiful

Reviewed on 6/08/2011 marykate T

only reason i can't give a 5 star is because I eat am gluten free and so I couldn't actually eat the cake myself. easy to work with, designed our cake together with the baker. were able to meet all expectations.