Cakes + Desserts

4908 Bryan Street, Dallas, TX (817) 291-1129

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Holly

I have a deep love for baked goods, especially pie, so picking the right baker for our wedding was a top priority. We tried various bakers, and Cakewalk was my top pick as soon as I tried her amazing pies and tarts. Crust was perfect, offered unique flavor creations like... Read More blackberry basil tarts, and the espresso macaroon I had was the first macaroon I ever liked. I had a desert bar with various mini pies, tarts, and macaroons, and she did a great job displaying them with an eclectic mix of cake stands that fit with the style of the wedding perfectly. If you are looking for unique and delicious, I highly recommend Cakewalk Bake Shop!

Unique and delicious!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Peri S

Emily did a square naked cake for us that was delicious and beautiful! A small part of it dried up but that was more our fault for waiting so long to cut it. Emily had warned us of that so if you're going to get a naked cake make sure you don't wait too long to cut it! We... Read More actually took back the bottom layer of the cake home and were eating it for a couple of days and it was so moist and delicious! Emily has some unique flavors and really creates beautiful work.

I love Emily!

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Marie S

She is amazing! Truly an artist! I felt so comfortable just describing what we wanted our wedding to be like and I knew she would produce a beautiful cake (actually 3 cakes for us). We met with her twice and she gave us so much cake to sample! We ended up with 3 cakes... Read More because we couldn't decide between all her delicious options. She's flexible and knowledgeable. I gave her an idea of how I wanted them to be decorated (with greenery and the accessories) and they exceeded my expectations. I cannot recommend CakeWalk enough!!!

Beyond Expectations

Reviewed on 3/24/2014 Reagen A

When I found Cakewalk, I was already working with another bakery. I was so blown away with her talent and desserts, that switched to Cakewalk and am THRILLED that I did. After speaking on the phone to review our vision, we went in for the most adorable tasting that you could... Read More imagine. We got to taste her tiny little cakes and personal desserts. We chose our flavors and the rest is history. Not only was everything delicious, it was gorgeous. Our guests are still raving about our dessert table. Emily styled the table to perfection. I could not have dreamt up a more beautiful vision. I highly recommend Cakewalk - so much so that she is doing my cousin's upcoming wedding as well. Working with Cakewalk will add a very special touch to your event!

Better luck elsewhere

Reviewed on 3/20/2014 Whitney J

I felt this company was very unresponsive whether it was emails, phone calls or voice mails. I did not get follow up when I was reaching out.

Drool-worthy Sweets

Reviewed on 3/04/2014

I was drawn to Emily through her website. I remember being so excited when she returned my call and we talked about our flavors. She was able to offer us really unique combinations for our taste and was not afraid to try new things & to take our style into consideration. We... Read More did a bunch of smaller cakes with two different flavors. One was lemon poppyseed with a raspberry buttercream filling and a basil buttercream frosting. Still dreaming about it. My husband had a dark chocolate espresso cake with mint buttercream filling & frosting. My favorite part was that her flavors were NOT artificial. The mint and basil tasted earthy and natural and didn't over power the flavor of the cake. For our one year anniversary she sent us a small cake that was banana chocolate and yet again, blew us away. We have since worked with her several times and ordered desserts from her. All have been unique, tasty & beautiful. Some cakes are beautiful but not tasty, but not Emily's cakes. Hers are artful and delicious. She was very responsive to us when we needed her. If we needed a quicker answer, we just sent a follow up email. We knew she very busy with other weddings & events but never felt blown off in any way. On the day of she arrived on time and set up the table for us. I have already recommended her to several friends and will continue to do so. You definitely won't be disappointed.

No Response....

Reviewed on 12/31/2013 chrissy d

I emailed Emily 2 months ago asking if she could do our wedding cake for a small wedding in Dallas. I never heard from her. That was two months ago. She is the only vendor I reached out to during my entire wedding planning that blew me off.

Cakewalk Bake Shop - AMAZING

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Mitch S

I worked with Emily of Cakewalk Bake Shop for my 6/1/13 wedding. Our guests are still talking about the desserts! My husband isn't a huge cake fan, so we ended up choosing a variety of desserts including banana pudding parfaits (SO good), PBJ bars, mini chocolate bourbon pecan... Read More pies (my fav!) macaroons, lemon bars, and southern brownies. Our cake was a delicious banana with graham cracker buttercream - it was amazing. My wedding had a shabby-chic kind of vibe to it and the desserts she created looked awesome with the rest of the decor :) Now for the business side :) I was pleasantly surprised by her responsiveness (up until Cakewalk, every single vendor I used was IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of). My husband and I met with her for a tasting and we were very impressed. She even remembered that it was my husband's b-day and baked a few cupcakes for him - so sweet! Emily has a cool style and I loved all of her ideas. I think Cakewalk is very reasonably priced and I'm so glad we decided to work with Emily! She worked with us on our budget and developed detailed estimates we could choose from. I have reccommended her to several of my friends. Check out the website! http://cakewalkhome.com/index2.php#!/HOME

Southern style dessert bar..mmm mmm good!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 amy b

Cakewalk Bake Shop rocked the dessert bar at my wedding this summer!! The theme for our wedding was southern elegance at a family fun picnic and Emily nailed it! We had macaroons, s'mores, and pie pops just to name a few. The highlight of the desserts for me was the rice... Read More krispy groom's cake! Everyone loved what they tasted and I still have people who talk to me about how good their favorite dessert was! I am so glad to have had Cakewalk Bake Shop as a part of my special day! :)

Sweet all over!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

Cakewalk Bake Shop was referred to me by my photographer, Ashley from Letter a photography. She tasted Emily's sweets at a venue opening and completely fell in love! I contacted Emily and told her our concept for the wedding. In her response, she sent back so many wonderful... Read More ideas that all fit our vision! Soon after deciding on a few different options, we had a tasting at The Bell Jar where her office is. It was set up beautifully with perfect little details. We chose Cakewalk's Pinata cookies. They were rainbow, donkey-shaped, cookie sammies and when you opened them...nerds fell out! We placed them on our kids table and they were a huge hit! Such a fun addition to our day. I would, and have, recommended Cakewalk for any and all baking needs. Baby showers, weddings, events or birthday parties! You name it, she can do it. Not to mention, Emily is just as sweet as her creations :)