Calamigos At The La Equestrian

Burbank, CA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Garden Wedding Ceremonies, Elegant Banquet Halls

Let Calamigos create a memorable celebration at the historic LA Equestrian Center. Ancient sycamore trees, mountain views, waterfalls and fields of lush green grass surround this peaceful venue. Outdoor wedding ceremonies are available. For wedding receptions we offer all-inclusive packages to create a unique and beautiful event. Located within San Fernando Valley’s Los Angeles Equestrian Center in Burbank, Calamigos Equestrian’s charming facilities make the ideal location for your event - quiet and secluded, yet centrally located within the historic beauty of Griffith Park. Outdoor garden wedding ceremony sites offer a view of the surrounding nature, including the majestic San Gabriel Valley mountains. Our luxurious banquet halls can seat 500+.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Bow2008 09

480 W Riverside Dr, Burbank, CA

Beautiful location

Reviewed on 11/28/2012 Stefanie V

The location was so beautiful and the staff was amazing. Everyone was so helpful and readily available throughout the entire wedding planning process. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Wonderful wedding and amazing staff

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Rachel S

My wedding was incredible. I had my ceremony in the little white house and reception in the polo room. Everyone on staff was awesome. The food was great. My guests are still coming to me and complimenting me on what a great time they had, how beautiful it was, how good the food... Read More was, and a ton of other things. I highly recommend this place and having Virginia as the wedding coordinator. Wouldn't have happened without her. Just be aware it's pricy to have your wedding there.

Best venue for our special day

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Raymond D

We booked our venue 1 1/2 year before in advance. We picked the Equestrian ballroom and equestrian garden for our ceremony. Our guests didn't have to walk more then 20 feet from the ceremony location to the ballroom which made everything easy for all. We used Steve as our... Read More in-house cord. and he was the best. He worked closely with all of our vendors and took care of all the scheduling on the day of our wedding. He stayed our entire event and made sure that everything was taken care of. All of our 200 guest raved about the food which was amazing. We had some special requests such as certain drinks and table placements and they met all of our expectations with no fuss.

gsdfg

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 John S

sdf

Beautiful ambiance!

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 Valerie S

We had our wedding at Calamigos Equestrian Center in June 2014. The ceremony was at The Little White House and the reception was at The Polo Room. From the beginning, we loved the ambiance of Calamigos. We really wanted a outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, and Calamigos... Read More was the prefect place! We loved the beauty and shade of the trees as well as the front law, flowers, and background mountains. The Polo Room has a great feel too-really nice, but also able to be laid back at the same time with a nice outdoor patio for going in and out. When we were deciding on Calamigos, Michael took the time to meet with us and answer our questions and they even provided appetizers when we met with them. They also have a few photo books so that you can really get a feel for the venue and ideas of how your wedding will look. The food tasting was awesome, they have one twice a year and you get to taste everything. We ended up going with the salmon and beef tenderloin and veggie pasta and received many compliments on the food and of course Calamigos’ ambiance. Kat and Abigail helped answer our questions as the wedding was getting closer and made us feel at ease. During the wedding Kat was on top of everything in coordinating everyone in adding to the calm and happy day. Our wedding turned out beautifully and was just what we wanted! It also was really nice to have the ceremony right across from the reception so that people could just walk over. The only thing that we did not care for was that we (bride and groom, bridal party, parents) had to move all of our personal belongings, etc. over to the reception from the Little White House right after taking pictures, It ate up time and was awkward and would have been been much easier if we could have left our items there and picked them up at the end of the night or have someone from Calamigos help to bring it over. Other than that, everything else went beautifully and flowed well and it was just a happy and fun time!

Best Venue!

Reviewed on 8/15/2012 Marsha C

This was the perfect venue for us. We had our ceremony at the Little White House and the reception in the Grand Prix Room. It was beautiful and the food is amazing. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! The staff is great to work with and... Read More everything ran smoothly. I am so glad we had our wedding here!

Wonderful & classy ..& cozy venue

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 sunhee k

Calamigos was a beautiful venue to get married at. We got married at the Equestrian ballroom...which I think is the best out of the other 2 ballrooms. It has a classier feel, rather than the other two. The place is clean and polished. The food was ONE OF THE BEST! Everyone... Read More raved about the beef & goat cheese raviola. The prices are a bit high...so please figure out what you really don't need (unlimited or higher class alcohol, appetizers, desserts, etc) and choose this venue! The staff at the wedding was amazing and very helpful. The only part that we were a bit upset was the no show guest's food (10 ppl). They were thrown away from guests that did not show. Since each plates were already made and pricey, we wanted to take them togo for our late night dinner. They agreed & then they later came back and said it was gone & someone threw it out?! So please communicate clearly. Other than that...this place is a great & convenient place for guests and the bridal party. The ceremony and reception are all connected. One complaint was...there was a horse show going on , so during our ceremony a big truck had his engine on in the parking lot, adjacent to our ceremony. I could not hear anything that the pastor was saying or asking me. Next time, Calamigos should block off with cones or signs ...big trucks from being close to the ceremony area during the wedding vows.

Loved are venue!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Erika S

The setting was vintage romantic, elegant, and just beautiful. The food was great and I felt that everything was taken care of without me having to worry about it. Our guests gave us so many compliments about it. It was great!

Classy Venue

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Daniela

We were very happy with the Equestrian Center for our wedding! One of the most impressive experiences we had was at the tasting. They don't just bring you small samples in an office with your fiance, but they host an actual wedding reception with full sized plates and real... Read More vendors for floral/DJ/food stations and other rental items like photo booths. It was a great date night and really made our choices for food and our florist easy.

Perfection

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Timmy G

My wife and I couldn't have had a more magical day and it was all due to the location. Location is key to the guests attitude, the wedding party vibe and of course the bride and groom. My bride could not have felt more incredible getting married at Calamigos

Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Sharon R

Calamigos is the best place for a wedding! Everyone was super helpful and understanding with my budget. The Events team has everything you need to plan your wedding, i.e, vendor listing, on-site catering, indoor/outdoor locations, halls/ballrooms, etc... Love this place! xoxo

Unforgettable and amazing!

Reviewed on 2/05/2013 Elizabeth Z

Calamigos Equestrian was an amazing place for have our reception! From the start, we had a good intuitive sense that the staff at Calamigos (Deirdre, Virginia, David, Steve, and others) were on our side and ready to work with us on anything! They were so accommodating with our... Read More somewhat-limited budget and were incredibly easy to work with. The food was absolutely wonderful - all our guests commented on how delicious the chicken, salmon, and vegan entrees were! I have a peanut/tree nut allergy, and Calamigos went above and beyond to make sure that my food was not contaminated with any nut products. The venue itself was beautiful (we used the Polo Room) and they let us take pre-wedding photos on the grounds beforehand. All our guests were impressed (as we were ourselves) with how the reception room turned out. Gracious and poised does not even begin to describe their professionalism and hospitality! I would enthusiastically recommend anyone to have their wedding (ceremony/reception or just reception like we did) at Calamigos Equestrian. You will not regret it! We could not imagine having our wedding reception anywhere else. Perfect.

Wonderful Reception

Reviewed on 10/05/2012 Samantha B

I had my reception here in the Polo room. I know I picked the perfect place to have my reception. The food was amazing and the place was beautiful. People kept telling me how much they enjoyed the food. Everything was on time, they never ran late. The servers were amazing... Read More as well. The front office was awesome. They are always patient and always there to answer your questions or help you in any way they can. I had a candy bar at my wedding and they handled everything. Every type of candy I asked for I received in a beautiful display. I loved every part of it. They do an amazing job. If you want great food, great people, and a beautiful location for you reception (or ceremony they do both!) go with Calamigos at the LA equestrian.

Beautiful, But Expensive

Reviewed on 8/08/2012 Simi C

We had our wedding at the Equestrian Terrace and Ballroom. We had approximately 100 guests and our wedding cost over $17,000. We had the Sweet Amore package, with upgraded tray passed appetizers, additional cash bar hours, cappuccino bar, and dessert trays. Our initial... Read More meeting was with Dierdre, who was lovely, but she disappeared from the process shortly after we signed the contract. Virginia was then our go-to person for any questions. Virginia is very nice, but not prompt on responses. From our initial meeting, we requested a dual plate. We were notified there was no issue with it and at no extra cost. However, at our FINAL meeting, we were informed there is a $7.50 per guest fee. I did not include a meal card with our invitations because we were under the impression it was at no extra cost and I had to contact all our guests to ask for their meal choice. Also, you have to put a decal or print a symbol on all the place cards so the servers know which meal the guest will be having. The wording on the menu options is extremely misleading and they refused to waive the added cost due to the confusion. Also at our initial meeting, we requested to have lots of tables spread out so that the room would look fuller with less guests. We were notified it would not be an issue and could use all the tables they have reserved for our room. However, when I gave them the final guest count, they said we could only use 11 tables and any more tables would cost an additional $250. My family is Greek and at weddings, Greeks break plates on the floor. I notified them in advance and asked if we could bring in cheap plates so that the guests would not break their plates. We even suggested going to a restaurant depot and purchasing the exact plates they carry to replace any broken on the night of the wedding. They notified me it would be a $1500 damage deposit, have to pay $10 per plate broken, and have to put a credit card on file. I notified all my guests they were not allowed to break plates and notified Virginia the deposit and credit card on file would not be necessary. HOWEVER, Virginia persisted and notified us it was now required. There was no wording in the contract that stated there was a $1500 deposit and they still insisted. We refused. The hours on the packaging is very misleading as well. We had a schedule of how we wanted our wedding, from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception to go. That was a major issue as well. On a positive note, our Party Captain (our go-to person the night of the wedding) was amazing! He checked on us regularly through out the night. He brought us appetizers in the bridal room so we could have a taste. He waited until he saw us sitting down and then brought us our meals so that they would not be cold. The food was amazing! We had the grilled beef tenderloin, herb roasted chicken, and goat cheese raviola. We upgraded our appetizers and had the beef skewers, stuffed mushroom caps, and bruschetta. The wait staff was great as well-very quick at serving and clean up. Our bartender was excellent! A very friendly guy and made great drinks! Towards the end of the night, he recognized a few of our guests and had drinks ready for them before they could ask! We met our cappuccino barista at the menu tasting and he notified us not to pay any more than $600 for two hours. Calamigos said it would cost $750. Overall, they charge you for every little thing, but our wedding was beautiful and an awesome party!

Loved it!

Reviewed on 5/17/2012 JENNIFER M

I highly recommend Calamigos Equestrian. Virginia is a pleasure to work with and made my wedding spectacular. The food was FANTASTIC!!! Everyone loved the food, especially the cocktails (I love the sundried tomato torta). Make sure you know where you can and cannot take... Read More pictures before and after the ceremony, because you are limited to certain spaces based upon whether there is another wedding at the venue at the same time. It all works itself out so it isn't a problem, but I recommend making sure you know this information.

2012 Wedding

Reviewed on 4/02/2012 Jackie Y

This venue was perfect for my wedding. The location is beautiful and the staff made sure that we had everything we needed. Our guests raved about the food also!

I did have a Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 4/02/2012 Dawn C

I had a beautiful ceremony and a great reception. But...I will post the rest of my thoughts later.

Beautiful venue with awesome staff!

Reviewed on 11/25/2011 Ariana K

If you're looking for a beautiful outdoor/indoor venue for your wedding then look no further. They have 3 large indoor halls for your reception and 2 outdoor gardens for your ceremony. Your can pick from three packages, which to varying degrees will include food, drinks,... Read More lighting, tables, chairs, linens, set-up, clean-up, etc. Plus the planning staff is really easy to work with and will do whatever you need. The event staff is equally awesome and makes sure you and your guests are taken care of. We're still getting compliments from our guests on our wedding!

Whimsical Wedding at the Ranch House

Reviewed on 9/12/2010 Chandra H

Calamigos was always responsive to my e-mails and phone calls. At first they seem very professional and not very personal, but once you get to the rehearsal your fears are completely set aside. They tended to everything and made sure the wedding ran as smoothly as possible.... Read More My favorite was the matre D who even cut slices of prime rib for my dogs into tiny pieces. Its an absolutely beautiful venue and the staff are friendly. I coudln't have asked for more.

Pavilion - Beautiful location but flawed

Reviewed on 10/01/2010 Jenifer L

Everyone loved the location of my wedding, once they got past the remoteness. The outdoor ceremony was beautiful. However, there were multiple problems with the food and drinks for which we had paid. They charged extra for every single thing, and then they didn't even get... Read More it right. 1) We paid extra for a second beer and wine bar in addition to the full bar inside, but they closed the second bar down early (even though we paid to keep it open). 2) We paid for a premium full bar, but were informed about an hour before the wedding ended that they had run out of MULTIPLE different types of liquor. 3) MANY guests complained about the food. It was delicious, but screwed up. Multiple tables were served "leftover" plates. Calamigos ran out of both chicken and steak, so they sent my guests a plate of side dishes. How embarrassing! And then I got charged full price. Even if my head count numbers were off, how could they possibly run out of both chicken AND steak? Also, a handful of guests failed to show, as happens at every wedding, but they still brought plates of food to those place settings. If they were that short on protein, why were they serving people who had not even shown up? 4) For the price you pay, the timing is too short. When you are planning, it seems like enough time, but we were rushed through the whole night. All of my guests complained that it ended too early. I know there is not much Calamigos can do about that given the noise restrictions, but most other venues charge the same and you get an extra hour. Plus, it's your wedding, you worked hard paying and planning for it. Get another hour somewhere else!

Our Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/14/2010 Jennifer P

We wanted a garden wedding with twinkle lights, Calamigos was beautiful and perfect! We loved the place when we went on a grounds visit when searching for a vendor. But it was even better when all the fountains and lights were on and everything was in place for the wedding day,... Read More it was absolutely magical. We were blown away. And the service was excellent, a lot of details were taken care of immediately and independently --I did not have to micromanage, whatever I asked for was done! When the summer evening was unexpectedly chilly, the staff immediately brought out heater lamps for us without a hitch. Everything ran so smoothly. The grounds are well maintained yet keeping with the rustic playful yet elegant atmosphere. Many of my guests raved that they had a blast at our wedding. The food is hearty, and all the staff were very professional and very nice. Everyone at Calamigos is experienced, they knew what they were doing, and for us it was absolutely helpful. I loved this venue, it was absolutely the best value for the investment, and for our modest wedding we were able to make it absolutely elegant and intimate. It was the happiest day of my life.

Calamigos Ranch

Reviewed on 10/24/2010 Lauren H

We looked at Calamigos first and nothing else even compared to the beauty of all of the locations there. We chose the Oaks for it's rustic, cabin like appeal inside and for the bridge outside. The location is a challenge for photographers and videographers as we got married on... Read More a bridge but the overall effect was stunning! The food was magnificent, the grounds are breathtaking for pics and the staff there was nice. A few things need a bit of fixing like the carpet is old, the ceiling was dusty and there was bird poo in the deck but the overall experience was fantastic!

Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Ragon D

Not only is Calamigos Ranch gorgeous, but the service was excellent. The staff really made sure our wedding ran smoothly and there wasn't a single hitch. The food got rave reviews from everyone and the staff was very attentive. The setting could not have been more beautiful... Read More (we used the Garden Patio and Main Dining Room) and it looked like a fairyland. They were very easy to communicate with and offered lots of suggestions to help us plan the perfect day. It was perfect.

Magical Day

Reviewed on 12/08/2010 Rebekah J

This place was AMAZING! My husband and i couldn't have been more pleased with the location and the staff. THe people were so on top of things and intent on making our day one of a kind. There was the threat of rain and we had an outdoor ceremony planned, i was so worried and... Read More upset at the prospect of having to change my plans. Claudia( our wedding coordinator for the day) waited until right before the ceremony to set up the chairs, luckily it stopped raining, and our ceremony was beautiful outside. The reception was just as beautiful and the staff catered to our every need, we found out later they were under staffed for the day, there is no way we could have had more help. It was perfect!Calamigos Ranch was the most beautiful location i could have hoped for!

The OAKs at Calamigos

Reviewed on 12/12/2010 Jenna A

The staff at Calamigos were attentive, helpful, and yet unobtrusive. They were extremely professional and made the entire process very easy and stress-free. During the reception no glass was every empty and every one of our guests had nothing but high remarks and compliments for... Read More the staff and venue. Everything was well taken care without any staff ever being in the way. They were everywhere and nowhere. It was perfect. The specific venue we were at, The Oaks, was incredible. It was intimate and beautiful and exactly what we wanted.