Calamigos At The La Equestrian

Burbank, CA

Capacity: More than 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Garden Ceremonies, Elegant Dining Areas

Let Calamigos create a memorable celebration at the historic LA Equestrian Center. Ancient sycamore trees, mountain views, waterfalls and fields of lush green grass surround this peaceful venue. Outdoor ceremonies are available. For receptions we offer all-inclusive packages to create a unique and beautiful event.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Bow2008 09

480 W Riverside Dr, Burbank, CA

Beautiful location

Reviewed on 11/28/2012 Stefanie V

The location was so beautiful and the staff was amazing. Everyone was so helpful and readily available throughout the entire wedding planning process. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Wonderful wedding and amazing staff

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Rachel S

My wedding was incredible. I had my ceremony in the little white house and reception in the polo room. Everyone on staff was awesome. The food was great. My guests are still coming to me and complimenting me on what a great time they had, how beautiful it was, how good the food was, and a ton of other things. I highly recommend this place and having Virginia as the wedding coordinator. Wouldn't have happened without her. Just be aware it's pricy to have your wedding there.

Best venue for our special day

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Raymond D

We booked our venue 1 1/2 year before in advance. We picked the Equestrian ballroom and equestrian garden for our ceremony. Our guests didn't have to walk more then 20 feet from the ceremony location to the ballroom which made everything easy for all. We used Steve as our in-house cord. and he was the best. He worked closely with all of our vendors and took care of all the scheduling on the day of our wedding. He stayed our entire event and made sure that everything was taken care of. All of our 200 guest raved about the food which was amazing. We had some special requests such as certain drinks and table placements and they met all of our expectations with no fuss.

gsdfg

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 John S

sdf

Beautiful ambiance!

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 Valerie S

We had our wedding at Calamigos Equestrian Center in June 2014. The ceremony was at The Little White House and the reception was at The Polo Room. From the beginning, we loved the ambiance of Calamigos. We really wanted a outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, and Calamigos was the prefect place! We loved the beauty and shade of the trees as well as the front law, flowers, and background mountains. The Polo Room has a great feel too-really nice, but also able to be laid back at the same time with a nice outdoor patio for going in and out. When we were deciding on Calamigos, Michael took the time to meet with us and answer our questions and they even provided appetizers when we met with them. They also have a few photo books so that you can really get a feel for the venue and ideas of how your wedding will look. The food tasting was awesome, they have one twice a year and you get to taste everything. We ended up going with the salmon and beef tenderloin and veggie pasta and received many compliments on the food and of course Calamigos’ ambiance. Kat and Abigail helped answer our questions as the wedding was getting closer and made us feel at ease. During the wedding Kat was on top of everything in coordinating everyone in adding to the calm and happy day. Our wedding turned out beautifully and was just what we wanted! It also was really nice to have the ceremony right across from the reception so that people could just walk over. The only thing that we did not care for was that we (bride and groom, bridal party, parents) had to move all of our personal belongings, etc. over to the reception from the Little White House right after taking pictures, It ate up time and was awkward and would have been been much easier if we could have left our items there and picked them up at the end of the night or have someone from Calamigos help to bring it over. Other than that, everything else went beautifully and flowed well and it was just a happy and fun time!

Wonderful & classy ..& cozy venue

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 sunhee k

Calamigos was a beautiful venue to get married at. We got married at the Equestrian ballroom...which I think is the best out of the other 2 ballrooms. It has a classier feel, rather than the other two. The place is clean and polished. The food was ONE OF THE BEST! Everyone raved about the beef & goat cheese raviola. The prices are a bit high...so please figure out what you really don't need (unlimited or higher class alcohol, appetizers, desserts, etc) and choose this venue! The staff at the wedding was amazing and very helpful. The only part that we were a bit upset was the no show guest's food (10 ppl). They were thrown away from guests that did not show. Since each plates were already made and pricey, we wanted to take them togo for our late night dinner. They agreed & then they later came back and said it was gone & someone threw it out?! So please communicate clearly. Other than that...this place is a great & convenient place for guests and the bridal party. The ceremony and reception are all connected. One complaint was...there was a horse show going on , so during our ceremony a big truck had his engine on in the parking lot, adjacent to our ceremony. I could not hear anything that the pastor was saying or asking me. Next time, Calamigos should block off with cones or signs ...big trucks from being close to the ceremony area during the wedding vows.

Loved are venue!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Erika S

The setting was vintage romantic, elegant, and just beautiful. The food was great and I felt that everything was taken care of without me having to worry about it. Our guests gave us so many compliments about it. It was great!

Classy Venue

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Daniela

We were very happy with the Equestrian Center for our wedding! One of the most impressive experiences we had was at the tasting. They don't just bring you small samples in an office with your fiance, but they host an actual wedding reception with full sized plates and real vendors for floral/DJ/food stations and other rental items like photo booths. It was a great date night and really made our choices for food and our florist easy.

Perfection

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Timmy G

My wife and I couldn't have had a more magical day and it was all due to the location. Location is key to the guests attitude, the wedding party vibe and of course the bride and groom. My bride could not have felt more incredible getting married at Calamigos

Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Sharon R

Calamigos is the best place for a wedding! Everyone was super helpful and understanding with my budget. The Events team has everything you need to plan your wedding, i.e, vendor listing, on-site catering, indoor/outdoor locations, halls/ballrooms, etc... Love this place! xoxo

Unforgettable and amazing!

Reviewed on 2/05/2013 Elizabeth Z

Calamigos Equestrian was an amazing place for have our reception! From the start, we had a good intuitive sense that the staff at Calamigos (Deirdre, Virginia, David, Steve, and others) were on our side and ready to work with us on anything! They were so accommodating with our somewhat-limited budget and were incredibly easy to work with. The food was absolutely wonderful - all our guests commented on how delicious the chicken, salmon, and vegan entrees were! I have a peanut/tree nut allergy, and Calamigos went above and beyond to make sure that my food was not contaminated with any nut products. The venue itself was beautiful (we used the Polo Room) and they let us take pre-wedding photos on the grounds beforehand. All our guests were impressed (as we were ourselves) with how the reception room turned out. Gracious and poised does not even begin to describe their professionalism and hospitality! I would enthusiastically recommend anyone to have their wedding (ceremony/reception or just reception like we did) at Calamigos Equestrian. You will not regret it! We could not imagine having our wedding reception anywhere else. Perfect.

Wonderful Reception

Reviewed on 10/05/2012 Samantha B

I had my reception here in the Polo room. I know I picked the perfect place to have my reception. The food was amazing and the place was beautiful. People kept telling me how much they enjoyed the food. Everything was on time, they never ran late. The servers were amazing as well. The front office was awesome. They are always patient and always there to answer your questions or help you in any way they can. I had a candy bar at my wedding and they handled everything. Every type of candy I asked for I received in a beautiful display. I loved every part of it. They do an amazing job. If you want great food, great people, and a beautiful location for you reception (or ceremony they do both!) go with Calamigos at the LA equestrian.

Best Venue!

Reviewed on 8/15/2012 Marsha C

This was the perfect venue for us. We had our ceremony at the Little White House and the reception in the Grand Prix Room. It was beautiful and the food is amazing. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! The staff is great to work with and everything ran smoothly. I am so glad we had our wedding here!

2013-12-08T22:09:13 Response from patricia, the member

I have a question, do they charge extra to use the little white house for the ceremony?

Beautiful, But Expensive

Reviewed on 8/08/2012 Simi C

We had our wedding at the Equestrian Terrace and Ballroom. We had approximately 100 guests and our wedding cost over $17,000. We had the Sweet Amore package, with upgraded tray passed appetizers, additional cash bar hours, cappuccino bar, and dessert trays. Our initial meeting was with Dierdre, who was lovely, but she disappeared from the process shortly after we signed the contract. Virginia was then our go-to person for any questions. Virginia is very nice, but not prompt on responses. From our initial meeting, we requested a dual plate. We were notified there was no issue with it and at no extra cost. However, at our FINAL meeting, we were informed there is a $7.50 per guest fee. I did not include a meal card with our invitations because we were under the impression it was at no extra cost and I had to contact all our guests to ask for their meal choice. Also, you have to put a decal or print a symbol on all the place cards so the servers know which meal the guest will be having. The wording on the menu options is extremely misleading and they refused to waive the added cost due to the confusion. Also at our initial meeting, we requested to have lots of tables spread out so that the room would look fuller with less guests. We were notified it would not be an issue and could use all the tables they have reserved for our room. However, when I gave them the final guest count, they said we could only use 11 tables and any more tables would cost an additional $250. My family is Greek and at weddings, Greeks break plates on the floor. I notified them in advance and asked if we could bring in cheap plates so that the guests would not break their plates. We even suggested going to a restaurant depot and purchasing the exact plates they carry to replace any broken on the night of the wedding. They notified me it would be a $1500 damage deposit, have to pay $10 per plate broken, and have to put a credit card on file. I notified all my guests they were not allowed to break plates and notified Virginia the deposit and credit card on file would not be necessary. HOWEVER, Virginia persisted and notified us it was now required. There was no wording in the contract that stated there was a $1500 deposit and they still insisted. We refused. The hours on the packaging is very misleading as well. We had a schedule of how we wanted our wedding, from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception to go. That was a major issue as well. On a positive note, our Party Captain (our go-to person the night of the wedding) was amazing! He checked on us regularly through out the night. He brought us appetizers in the bridal room so we could have a taste. He waited until he saw us sitting down and then brought us our meals so that they would not be cold. The food was amazing! We had the grilled beef tenderloin, herb roasted chicken, and goat cheese raviola. We upgraded our appetizers and had the beef skewers, stuffed mushroom caps, and bruschetta. The wait staff was great as well-very quick at serving and clean up. Our bartender was excellent! A very friendly guy and made great drinks! Towards the end of the night, he recognized a few of our guests and had drinks ready for them before they could ask! We met our cappuccino barista at the menu tasting and he notified us not to pay any more than $600 for two hours. Calamigos said it would cost $750. Overall, they charge you for every little thing, but our wedding was beautiful and an awesome party!

Loved it!

Reviewed on 5/17/2012 JENNIFER M

I highly recommend Calamigos Equestrian. Virginia is a pleasure to work with and made my wedding spectacular. The food was FANTASTIC!!! Everyone loved the food, especially the cocktails (I love the sundried tomato torta). Make sure you know where you can and cannot take pictures before and after the ceremony, because you are limited to certain spaces based upon whether there is another wedding at the venue at the same time. It all works itself out so it isn't a problem, but I recommend making sure you know this information.

2012 Wedding

Reviewed on 4/02/2012 Jackie Y

This venue was perfect for my wedding. The location is beautiful and the staff made sure that we had everything we needed. Our guests raved about the food also!

I did have a Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 4/02/2012 Dawn C

I had a beautiful ceremony and a great reception. But...I will post the rest of my thoughts later.

Beautiful venue with awesome staff!

Reviewed on 11/25/2011 Ariana K

If you're looking for a beautiful outdoor/indoor venue for your wedding then look no further. They have 3 large indoor halls for your reception and 2 outdoor gardens for your ceremony. Your can pick from three packages, which to varying degrees will include food, drinks, lighting, tables, chairs, linens, set-up, clean-up, etc. Plus the planning staff is really easy to work with and will do whatever you need. The event staff is equally awesome and makes sure you and your guests are taken care of. We're still getting compliments from our guests on our wedding!

Beautiful place for a wedding and excellent food!

Reviewed on 11/17/2011 Tracy H

My husband and I are very happy that we had our big day at Calamigos Equestrian. Although not cheap, the beauty of the venue and the quality of food and service all make the price tag worthwhile. Everything--at least to my knowledge and from my perspective--was perfect on our wedding. Little things (like a bottle of champagne, pitchers of iced water and a plate of cheese and fruits in the bridal room) totally made a big difference in our experience. We had our ceremony in the Little White House and cocktail hour plus reception in the Grand Prix Ballroom. All our guests were impressed with how beautiful the venue is and also how terrific the food was! Since we had an unexpected drop in numbers for attendance, we decided to upgrade the food/drink package for those guests who were able to make it. In the end, everyone kept telling us how delicious the food was and how generous the portions or quantities were. We're so thrilled that our guests had a great time. And we did too; so much so that night felt like it just flew by so fast! Oh, and the food captain on our wedding was terrific! He, along with the head waiter in the waitstaff were very kind, helpful and attentive. That totally made our night even more enjoyable and fun.

Valoroso Wedding

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Lulu P

This venue was great!! Everything was so beautiful. Thank you to Virginia, David, Fernando and Steven (manager). The venue manager that night was so helpful. The price was a little bit expensive but worth it:) The food was great!! Great venue & ceremony site.

Wonderful Location!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 Nicole T

I got married at Calamigos Ranch at the L.A. Equestrian Center in May of 2011. I had 105 guests for a Sunday evening wedding. I was very pleased with my choice for my wedding location, and my guests are STILL talking about my wedding. The location grounds are beautiful and SO CLEAN--the funny thing is you NEVER smell the horse stables! (that was my first concern when I was considering having my wedding here). The planning staff is really nice, and helpful.Virginia is wonderful. My only complaint staff-wise would be there was some significant miscommunication between the sales and event planning staff-but it was all sorted out by the time the wedding came around. One of the greatest parts about this location is that the food is EXCELLENT! Not your typical mediocre "wedding food!" They only have 2 food tastings a year, so if you plan your wedding between the 2 tastings (I did, not knowing this), you might have to commit to your menu before trying it--that's what happened to me, and I pretty much freaked out...but it was okay. Your wedding pictures will be beautiful because there are SO MANY great little nooks and greenery spots to take your pictures at. I really liked how they had a few "sites" on the property to have your ceremony and reception at. I chose the garden with the fountain and the ballroom that it's attached to. I would definitely recommend this location...and can send you pictures if you're interested!

Beautiful Outdoor Venue

Reviewed on 9/28/2011 Tommy A

Just not enough wonderful words to say about Calamigos Ranch. The location, the staff, the quality of service....AMAZING. The women who helped us pick and plan our reception were great. We went out multiple times to re-look over the space, and to talk colors etc. Time and time again every request we had was granted and never without a second thought.... LOVE IT!!

One perfect location!

Reviewed on 9/13/2011 Teresa T

Calamigos Ranch in Malibu was the perfect location for our wedding. We love nature and would have loved to have had our wedding in Yosemite but the location would have been a little hard to get to for the out of town family that came in to celebrate with us. Calamigos was perfect! We got married in front of a waterfall (at the Ranch House). The ducks were out on the water and it made our wedding that much more romantic. All our guests commented on how beautiful this place is. We had made a few appointments when initially looking for a location but cancelled them all after visiting Calamigos. It's just perfect!

LOVED!!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Katie M

I had my wedding on August 6th 2011 at Calamigos Ranch in the Garden Patio/Main Dining Room and it was perfect. The setting was incredible (people were telling us all night that it was the best/most beautiful wedding venue they have ever been to). You can't taste the food before hand, which seems scary, but everyone LOVED it. We received tons of compliments on it. We had the buffet food stations and there was so much food. It was unreal. Claudia was our coordinator throughout the process and on the day of. She is incredible. We adored her. And the staff during the reception is great and super attentive. All in all it was the dream wedding. Thanks Calamigos!!! :)

Not the typical wedding venue (better than the ave

Reviewed on 8/17/2011 Leslie A

PROS: Everything, except... CONS: No tastings (but the food is great, so don't worry!) We just celebrated our wedding at Calamigos in July 2011 and it was truly an event to remember! We chose the Oaks as our venue. It's one of the smaller locations, and it was just right for our 85 guests. The entire place was very impressive and photo-friendly... even the path leading up to the ceremony and reception areas. All around the property were fountains, nice landscaping, and trees with hanging twinkle lights. The vineyard and horse sculptures at the entrance were also very picturesque. The entire staff was a pleasure to work with - the Weddings & Banquets team, the wait staff, the bartenders, the valet, and even the groundskeepers and cleaning crew! They were all very professional and super-helpful. Everyone at the head office kept very good notes. Throughout the planning process, I called often, asked a lot of questions, and even dropped by to take measurements and drop off payments, and they were always very friendly and accommodating every time. I even got to "hugging terms" with a couple of the reps because they saw and spoke to me so often... mainly, Claudia and Cindy, who were absolute dolls! As many of the other reviewers have already mentioned, they don't offer tastings, but there's nothing to worry about... the food is very good and plentiful! We chose the sit-down dinner option and the portions for the salad and entree were huge! We also added the Passed Hors d'Oeuvres and they were absolutely delicious!!! I would highly recommend adding them, if your budget is permitting. It was worth it for us since many of our guests were foodies, had big appetites, or both. I also appreciated the fact that almost everything was taken care of by one point of contact. They provide a lot in their packages. The only things that we were responsible for were the officiant, photographer, cake, music, and flowers. Everything else (catering, wait staff, bar service, rentals, valet, etc.) was taken care of by Calamigos. (I couldn't imagine having to book all of those vendors individually!) And since everything is readily available on their property, they can also do things like add extra tables and chairs and things like that at no additional charge... which is nice. I would definitely recommend Calamigos for your wedding or special event. All of our guests were complimenting us on the venue. It's definitely not the typical hotel or country club, it's much much more.

TO Calamigos At The La Equestrian