Here at Calixte we strive to push the envelope with every video. Book a free consultation and let's create ideas and conceptualize a video that will best fit your personality and style together. Inquire with Promo Code "Best Of Wedding" and receive 1 free hour or additional DVD feature.

Video, Photo + Video

San Francisco, CA

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Kristine T

Before I was even engaged, I saw many trailers of their work online, and dreamed of one day having a video of my own wedding done by them. Not only is their cinematography incredible, but each piece is artistically mastered to fully entail every couples individual personalities.... Read More I have seen many trailers and other than the extraordinary production, no two video styles are alike in any way. These are not your average, frolic in the park romantic wedding videos! Fast forward to my big day! Dexter and JR came out to the venue the night before and were eager to scout every single square footage on location. They had many creative visions and shared some with my fiance and I, which left us excited for the coming day! The following morning they unloaded their heavy weaponry of professional shooting equipment. They shot my fiance and I doing our own things, him playing golf and myself doing yoga. As the day progressed and other vendors started coming through, they would both periodically check on me with a calm demeanor and give me a mini breakdown of what they have already shot and will be shooting. From what I have learned, photographers and videographers usually "get in each others way," however Calixte and my photographers completely jived and even shared ideas with each other! I have a very meticulous eye, especially when it comes to artistic design. Dexter and JR had my teeth clenched on my tongue and put my meticulousness to rest. They were stupendously thorough and had every idea imaginable. Even when things were hectic, Dexter or JR would pop out of nowhere and ask how I was doing or just let me know everything was running smoothly. They were like video ninjas! You couldn't see them, but they were always there when you needed them! Armed with a polished look, black attire, every lens imaginable, and even coiled ear communication devices just like the secret service. I loved how at least one shooter was always by my side and my fiance's. We got many compliments on their professionalism and the eye for opulent aesthetics. If you are looking to capture every moment of your special day with an artistic and sui generis approach, Calixte will definitely have you covered. I love my dream team!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Antonia A

If a picture is worth a thousand words for capturing a still moment in time, then a video is the equivalent of symphony… a string of moments in time blended together to evoke emotion, capturing an event and allowing you to relive it over and over again. There is no price tag... Read More that could encompass the worth of your wedding video, after all you spent months planning your ideal day of love and at the end you have only your memories at the end of it. My husband and I debated over and over again whether we could afford, and whether we actually needed, a wedding video. In the end, I couldn’t stand the thought of not having one. When it came time to decide on a vendor, there was no question- Calixte’s work speaks for itself. I had seen their videos and knew that if they could make cry watching wedding videos of complete strangers, imagine how I would feel watching myself walk down the aisle! They are professional, and 100% invested in their art- I say art because what you get is beyond a “service” or “product”. I thought that I would be hesitant to have cameras all over the place on our special day, you don’t want anything to take away from the moment… but the crew fades into the background during the ceremony and reception, at the same time become like family during your most emotional moments. When we received our trailer, I had no idea what to expect because time had passed and there are little things you forget. What I didn’t expect was to see our day from another perspective, one that not only captures the memories you have, but also those of everyone in attendance. There are so many things you miss while you are greeting and thanking people, the video allows you to see everything ! I cannot say enough good things about Calixte, they are worth every dime and more…

Perfect way to capture a perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Nina V

Now that our wedding day has come and gone in a blink of an eye, I am very glad I had Calixte there to capture each and every moment of that day. Just watching the wedding trailer itself allowed me to relive the special day as how I remembered it. The Calixte crew is highly... Read More professional, personable, and is accommodating to ensure everything goes the way that it should. Provided that the Calixte entourage came with a group of 3-4 guys working the scene at any given time, I hardly even noticed that they were there asides from the time that they were directing me for a specific part of the video. One of my guests even said they looked like a group of secret service guys, dressed uniformly in black and communicating with each other via ear pieces. My husband and I are happy with their professionalism and the awesome work that they provided. Thank you Calixte!

Love Calixte's work

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I recently attended my cousin's wedding in San Francisco and could not help but notice how well Calixte was filming her wedding. I am getting married next year so I asked them for a card. Dex, one of the videographers was nice enough to get my email and the next day sent me... Read More their rates and packages as well as examples of their work. I instantly fell in love with their work and booked them. I can't wait to see what they do with my cousins wedding. I couldn't be more excited for my wedding. :)

Hitting the Videographer-Search Lottery!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I have never-ever taken the time out to write a review for a vendor, but the experience with Calixte has been amazing to say the least. My fiancé and I spent the last few months reviewing and interviewing several, so called “professional” videographers to no avail. It felt like... Read More hitting the lottery; one of my co-workers suggested Calixte and we were sold! Their sample videos and in-person interview just defied our needs. We happily signed the dotted line with JR at Calixte. Of all the qualities that we were looking for in a videographer, Calixte was the only one to exceed our expectations. The owner of Calixte, JR, has been providing us his upmost attention and is very accommodative when dealing with our hectic schedule. Being the financial-orientated person of the relationship, JR was extremely sensitive to the needs of our budget and was able to massage something we could afford. Instead of providing the full wedding experience, we decided to film our story, detailing our love life until the day I proposed (JR was there to help me during that stressful moment). JR went above and beyond to help us develop our love story on film, providing very imaginative sequences and is very communicative with each step, describing his vision. He invested his time in reviewing our special moments, developing a sequence-schedule that would help best capture our happiness. I have only a few words to describe the Calixte: professionalism, imaginative, and passionate. JR has been wonderful to deal with, so much that we have invited him to the wedding as our guest!

The Little Things ALWAYS Matter

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Richard M

For all newlyweds looking to lock down vendors for their weddings, I strongly recommend meeting your vendors in person: it is a MUST! Not only do you get to a feel of their personality, it also helps to calm your nerves knowing that you've met the people who will help you on the... Read More most important day of your life. My fiancée, Sharon and I, recently got engaged last September, and we're now in the planning stages of our wedding on September 1, 2016. We weren't sure if we wanted a videographer based on our budget, however we wanted to test the waters with a few companies to see if they'd be willing to work with us. I wanted to share my wonderful experience with Calixte thus far. First of all, their work is incredible. My best friend Eric, who hired them for his wedding, showed me one of their videos and I really liked their style. The cinematography and editing is top notch. I encourage all of you to check out their wedding trailers. It’ll give you a warm fuzzy feeling. I really see why it's important to hire a videographer in order to relive the moments that can't be captured in pictures. I have a busy schedule so it meant a lot that JR was willing to drive and meet with Sharon and me near my work. He's a funny guys and he made us feel comfortable during our meeting. He even showed up early and offered to buy us coffee! Communication with them has been great. JR sounds very experienced, he answered all of our questions, and when we mentioned our budget, he told us he would create a custom package that would suit our needs. He mentioned that we could always add and change our package closer towards our wedding date if we chose to. Calixte's flexibility and willingness to help us has been key in our decision to hire a videographer. We're very confident that we chose the right videographers for our special day. Until then, we hope anyone else looking for a videographer chooses to meet with them. Trust me, these guys are great and meeting JR in person made the difference. We’re really looking for forward to having Calixte capture our once-in-a-lifetime moments!

The BEST in the business!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

A few years ago, I proposed to my fiancé and I was looking for videographers that could capture the special moment. I was fortunate enough to find JR and Calixte. My proposal was not the easiest to film since it was on an ice skating rink but they were up to the challenge of... Read More filming the entire proposal on ice skates. Not only was my proposal a success, the video that Calixte created captured every emotion that my family, fiancé and I felt that night. From the music selection to the creative angles they choose to film, I cannot be any happier with my choice of hiring them! I get constant positive feedback whoever comes across my proposal video. The quality of the videos they make are head and shoulders above the competition! If they can create an outstanding video on ice skates, I can't imagine how amazing my wedding video will be! Calixte is already booked for my wedding in December and I know I can count on another quality video!

Current and future client with Calixte

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I first met JR and the Calixte crew at a friend’s wedding. I saw firsthand how hard working and professional they are. After viewing some of their past work online, I decided that I wanted Calixte to film my own wedding. Each video was artfully and carefully crafted, capturing... Read More each couple’s story and the world of emotions that surround a wedding. The anticipation, the tears of happiness, the smiles, the joy—all encapsulated in a couple minutes, timed to the perfect song. After watching the wedding trailers I felt as though I knew the couples and that I was actually there with them on their special day. Beautiful. I met with JR twice, once over Philz coffee and another time over lunch. During our meetings I expressed that my fiancée and I were stressed over the whole wedding planning process and he referred us to The Knot website. I also mentioned that we were having trouble with the graphics for our invitations and JR went out of his way to draft a design for us by hand. He was also able to connect us to a great graphic designer to digitize the design. JR and the Calixte team are not only talented videographers and editors, but more importantly they are great people. I look forward to working with them in the near future for my wedding.

Awesome Work & Great Team!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Lawrence A

Working with Calixte was really easy. I first found out about them when I was on a destination wedding in Indonesia. They made it really easy and comfortable for me to get filmed. I can get shy behind the camera at times and feel uncomfortable, but they really made it easy for... Read More me. I do not have much ideas on what I want in terms of creative vision so it was good that they had plenty of direction. I just wanted them to tell me what to do. On the big day that is very important because there is so much things go on. I would hire them again in a heart beat. With their personality, creative vision, and work ethic you will be really hire with hiring Calixte

Hermano Spring Wedding 2015

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Lawrence H

This review is definitely long over due for this awesome team of videographers. We can say that without a doubt, our wedding was the best day of our lives so far, and part of the reason was because we had such amazing teams around us that day, and Calixte was no exception. When... Read More we first got engaged, and were on the search for vendors, we came across Calixte, and immediately fell in love with their work. They were always so quick to respond to our emails, and answered any questions or concerns we had. When our wedding day came, Dex and JR treated us like their family, but also upheld such professionalism. They allowed us to provide our own ideas and thoughts on what we wanted them to capture and Calixte also had very creative ideas and helped direct us when needed. My wife and I would highly recommend Calixte because their work is amazing and their team was also so much fun to work with. Thanks again Calixte for capturing a day that we will never forget!

Love this team!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Stacey A

When I first saw some of Calixte's work, I knew immediately that I wanted them for my wedding. They just radiated COOL - the videos were not cheesy or old school like a lot of other companies. Then you meet them and it just seals the deal. Professional, personable, talented,... Read More fun, unique -- I wouldn't trust anyone but Dex and JR and their team to tell your love story! And, on the wedding day itself - they just blend in with the guests. They aren't obtrusive and somehow still manage to get awesome shots of every moment of the day! Go with Calixte -- You won't regret it!

One of a Kind!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

Calixte was my cousin's videographer for her big day. They are amazing! Both JR and Dex have a ton of personality. They are warm, funny, engaging, and deeply passionate about both their customers and weddings in general. It's clear on how passionate on what they love to do and... Read More it comes across in the work. They go above and beyond to make your day special. Production wise, Calixte was able to successfully get all the footage from getting ready, to the buildup, to family shots, to the entire event, to the reception and speeches. No key moments were lost. There was definitely no lack of footage. Positively a five star review! I’ll be sure to hire them when my big day comes! :)

Calixte captured the beauty and fun of our wedding perfectly!

Reviewed on 12/13/2014 Dominika P

When it came to our wedding, we were all about no fuss, so we did our research and entrusted the artists that we chose to do what they do best, and in the case of Calixte, we couldn't be happier with the results. The video Dex and his team made for us is simply amazing - it's... Read More like they somehow magically knew exactly what we wanted and chose the perfect song with virtually zero creative input from either of us. As an example of their sixth sense, during our brief interview with Dex we mentioned we liked a Drake song, but in the end he chose a song from Ellie Goulding, which happened to be one of our favorite artists from Coachella 2014, and we were glad too because we got sick of that Drake song pretty quick. We'll let the video speak for itself, which they recently posted on their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CalixteWorks/posts/890664530951771 Background Info: Our wedding took place in San Francisco with the ceremony at St. Ignatius Church and reception at the Presidio Cafe on a gorgeous sunny day in early April, 2014.

Thank you calixte!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Stacey B

We had the pleasure of working with calixte this past weekend. Dex and JR were very personable and they had a lot of creative ideas. I highly recommend them for your wedding videography! Thanks Calixte for everything! -Stacey & Daniel

Calixte is the best!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Thank you to Calixte (Dex, JR & JR) for doing a beautiful job capturing our wedding! The team was wonderful to work with leading up to the wedding and while filming you could hardly tell that they were there. They made us feel so comfortable! They were friendly and made the... Read More entire experience fun. I can't say enough how impressed we were with our same day edit video. It captured the essence of us - our story, how much fun we had with our wedding party and guests and how thrilled we were to be getting married. We are so happy we went with Calixte and that we have a wedding video to remember our unbelievable day! Highly recommended! 10 out of 10

Best of the Best!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Chariss I

Below is a personal message I wrote my dear friends of Calixte the morning after our wedding in Bali, Indonesia. 10/18/14 Dex and Jr: words - wait what words?! I'm beyond speechless and beyond thankful that you were here with us in Bali. Working with you two made everything... Read More feel seamless and comfortable. I know you sweated out at least 10lbs yesterday, but you stuck out the heat like troopers hehe! I'm amazed at how my vision came to life and we were able to fuse the essence of Bali with my floral vintage style and theme. Thank you for being the artists and craftsmen that you are. I hope we inspired your film making :) After all, artistry is in the eye of the beholder. It's something you can't teach and it's the talent that sets you apart from the rest! I know I haven't seen the final cut, but I feel and know that it will be nothing but perfect! Thank you for capturing a memory that will never be forgotten and turning it into a masterpiece. From the bottom of our hearts!! -- Chariss and Mike Cheers to more Bali moments :) #ilawongnuptials #bali101814

Calixte helped make my Wedding memorable! Highly Recommended.

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Janelle S

Dex, Chris, Jr and J.R. were awesome. Each of the videographers kept the Cameras rolling the whole time. They made everyone comfortable and weren't obstructive or intrusive at any point. By working with them, you can tell they are experts in their field and have done numerous... Read More weddings. I was referred to Calixte through a friend who told me to check out their youtube video. Upon viewing a trailer of Johnnie and Tina's Wedding I was immediately impressed by the cinematography...although my pockets were screaming SLOW DOWN. Upon contacting Dex, he emailed me Calixte's rates and I was very surprised how fair their pricing was. Trust me when I tell you I've shopped around....Bridal Fairs...Craigslist...Groupon....the quality and level of service you get with these guys is worth the $. The day before the event, these guys even scoped out the venue to plan which angles/shots they would obtain. Altogether I highly recommend Calixte and considering many of our friends are also getting married, I'm sure we will work with these guys again. Thank You for making my Wedding Memorable!

money well spent!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Valerie T

As my then fiancé and I were planning our budget for our destination wedding in Hawaii, the one thing that I didn't want at the time was a videographer. I've seen videos of weddings from other friends and colleagues and all I could think of was the "cheese" factor these videos... Read More usually had. I also knew how costly they could be and thought this was the easiest thing to cut right away to keep our budget intact. Well, so it turned out, my fiancé (now husband) is friends with Dex (they knew each other in college) and my fiancé mentioned to me how good his wedding videos were. One night, we went ahead and watched one or two of their videos on their Vimeo page and I kid you not, I was practically in tears watching these former brides and grooms - most of whom I didn’t know - on their wedding day. I guess wedding videos have a come a long way these days! Dex and JR were able to capture all those special moments that make up a wedding day, and told each couple’s story in such a way that made it memorable, unique, and NOT cheesy at all. At this point, I definitely reconsidered having a videographer to document our own wedding. After meeting Dex in person for the first time and re-working the budget, it was without hesitation that we signed them on to come to our destination wedding in Hawaii! Fast forward to our wedding day which was last August. These guys are great. They arrived on time, were super down to earth, funny yet professional, patient, and they made the entire bridal party feel pretty comfortable as it can be quite awkward having all kinds of cameras in your face pretty much while you are getting ready. It was easy to get along with these guys –I felt like these guys were my homies for years! We had three guys on deck – Dex, JR (1), and JR (2). These guys knew exactly what to do. They each were equipped with their “secret service” ear pieces so they knew exactly where each other was and the timing of what was going on in both the bridal suite as well as the groom suite while we were getting ready and right before our planned “first look.” I knew we were well covered. After the ceremony, I believe they stayed pretty much until the bitter end of the reception, in which I never got to say goodbye or to thank them personally before they left. My husband and I can’t wait for them to bring our video to life and to tell our story so we can relive OUR day. As a budget concerned, former bride who had heard it a million times before that her wedding day itself will come and go as fast as a heartbeat, I honestly believe this was money well spent. And if you’ve already convinced yourselves to hire a videographer, well turn to Dex and JR. They’ve got you covered for sure and I have no doubt will turn out great work!

Best Videographers HANDS DOWN!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

I flew out Dex and JR of Calixte for my wedding in Hawaii. Right off the bat they had a vision on how they wanted to shoot our day. I had very little input in giving them any kind of direction and trusted that they knew exactly what they were doing. They were very... Read More professional and managed their time really well before the ceremony. They were also able to work with the photographers I hired really well so there was no kind of confilct with both parties within the same areas all the time. I recommend Calixte for your videographer. You will not be dissapointed. They are a fun and creative group for any type of wedding.

Talented team!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Paul V

We could not have asked for a better videographer and team to capture our wedding day! At first, we knew we wanted our wedding videoed but didn't realize how important it was until we received the finished product. Our wedding photos are of course important to us but the day is... Read More re-lived when we see the video. Like everyone told me, there is so much going on the day of your wedding that it's easy to miss and forget certain moments. When we see our wedding video, it brings the day back to life. Hearing the voices and seeing the family and friends dancing the night away is truly priceless. Hiring Calixte was easily one the best decisions my wife and I made during our wedding planning.

San Francisco Wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Bernadette P

What can I say? I came to the Calixte team with very little time before my wedding partly because of running out of time on my end, but also because of budget concerns. As an event planner by day (and night), it was hard for me to find the time for my fiancee and I to meet with... Read More potential vendors. JR was prompt to respond to my emails and was incredibly flexible on where and when to meet with us. After sitting with JR for 5 minutes, I knew that he would take care of us on our big day. He was warm and inviting and a huge thing for me was that he was actually listening to what we had to say. That being said, the entire Calixte team was so down to earth and easy to work with. They arrived on time on the wedding day and were completely comfortable in a hotel room full of women getting dolled up for such an important (and, what could be, incredibly stressful day). My advice to all brides and grooms is TRUST who you are working with for this very important day. It will make all the difference because you will be able to focus your energy all of the wonderful, love-filled moments of a day that already seems to fly by. Calixte is a team that you can trust to be professional, friendly to your guests and really approachable overall. I wish them all the best and hope that I can refer some of my loved ones to them, as well. I cannot wait to see scenes of our day - it was so magical and I know that they caught it all. xox Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Spoonemore

Highly Recommend!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Salim S

After checking out their work online, my wife and I knew we had to have them shoot our wedding. We quickly reached out to Calixte knowing their schedule would fill up quickly. The process with booking them went super smooth. They got back to all my emails and texts within... Read More minutes. When we got to our big day, these guys made us feel totally comfortable. Right away, I knew they were passionate about their work. Their attention to detail is incredible. They thought of things I would have never come up with. They made a point to capture important moments at all angles. They were awesome from beginning to end! In addition the to high quality work you guys provide, it was amazing working with you! Thank you so much!! ~Salim & Nina

Unique style

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Rachelle A

We chose to hire Calixte for our wedding after seeing their work through friends. They truly have a unique artistic style, and choose music to capture each couple's vibe. As for the planning process, they were responsive and open to ideas leading up to the wedding, and... Read More willing to tailor a package to suit our needs. On the day of the wedding, they were with us from the prep process through the reception fun, and everything in between. I can't wait to see how they present our big day!

Calixte is Amazing

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Mathwee P

Me and my wife searched for videographers forever then we found calixte's page and the trailers were amazing. Full of Life, Fun, and Creative. They were exactly what we were looking for. The guys over at Calixte are Amazing. They were very accommodating, Whatever we needed... Read More they were there(i.e. my wife wanted more hours they had no problem with that). The guys are perfect, they worked amazingly with the photographers(even if the photographers were kinda pushy) They were able to blend-in. They had so many ideas it was great. I recommended them to all my friends(since it seems like everyone in the world decided to get married this year). You cant go wrong with these guys!

Love love love Calixte

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 McKenna S

Dex and his team of JR's are fantastic! We had them film our wedding in July of 2014. Calixte was recommended to me by a friend who had used them to film their wedding, and they had nothing but good things to say about them. So I went on to contact Dex and from the beginning... Read More to the end, he and his staff have been prompt, enthusiastic, professional, passionate, and so talented. My husband and I are very happy we chose Calixte and we fully recommend them to other engaged couples in search of a wonderful videographer! Thanks Calixte!!