YOUR MODERN DAY WEDDING VIDEO CINEMATOGRAPHERS

Here at Calixte we strive to push the envelope with every video. Book a free consultation and let's create ideas and conceptualize a video that will best fit your personality and style together. Inquire with Promo Code "Best Of Wedding" and receive 1 free hour or additional DVD feature.

$$$

San Francisco, CA

CALIXTE ROCKS!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Kristine T

Before I was even engaged, I saw many trailers of their work online, and dreamed of one day having a video of my own wedding done by them. Not only is their cinematography incredible, but each piece is artistically mastered to fully entail every couples individual personalities. I have seen many trailers and other than the extraordinary production, no two video styles are alike in any way. These are not your average, frolic in the park romantic wedding videos! Fast forward to my big day! Dexter and JR came out to the venue the night before and were eager to scout every single square footage on location. They had many creative visions and shared some with my fiance and I, which left us excited for the coming day! The following morning they unloaded their heavy weaponry of professional shooting equipment. They shot my fiance and I doing our own things, him playing golf and myself doing yoga. As the day progressed and other vendors started coming through, they would both periodically check on me with a calm demeanor and give me a mini breakdown of what they have already shot and will be shooting. From what I have learned, photographers and videographers usually "get in each others way," however Calixte and my photographers completely jived and even shared ideas with each other! I have a very meticulous eye, especially when it comes to artistic design. Dexter and JR had my teeth clenched on my tongue and put my meticulousness to rest. They were stupendously thorough and had every idea imaginable. Even when things were hectic, Dexter or JR would pop out of nowhere and ask how I was doing or just let me know everything was running smoothly. They were like video ninjas! You couldn't see them, but they were always there when you needed them! Armed with a polished look, black attire, every lens imaginable, and even coiled ear communication devices just like the secret service. I loved how at least one shooter was always by my side and my fiance's. We got many compliments on their professionalism and the eye for opulent aesthetics. If you are looking to capture every moment of your special day with an artistic and sui generis approach, Calixte will definitely have you covered. I love my dream team!!

Priceless

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Antonia A

If a picture is worth a thousand words for capturing a still moment in time, then a video is the equivalent of symphony… a string of moments in time blended together to evoke emotion, capturing an event and allowing you to relive it over and over again. There is no price tag that could encompass the worth of your wedding video, after all you spent months planning your ideal day of love and at the end you have only your memories at the end of it. My husband and I debated over and over again whether we could afford, and whether we actually needed, a wedding video. In the end, I couldn’t stand the thought of not having one. When it came time to decide on a vendor, there was no question- Calixte’s work speaks for itself. I had seen their videos and knew that if they could make cry watching wedding videos of complete strangers, imagine how I would feel watching myself walk down the aisle! They are professional, and 100% invested in their art- I say art because what you get is beyond a “service” or “product”. I thought that I would be hesitant to have cameras all over the place on our special day, you don’t want anything to take away from the moment… but the crew fades into the background during the ceremony and reception, at the same time become like family during your most emotional moments. When we received our trailer, I had no idea what to expect because time had passed and there are little things you forget. What I didn’t expect was to see our day from another perspective, one that not only captures the memories you have, but also those of everyone in attendance. There are so many things you miss while you are greeting and thanking people, the video allows you to see everything ! I cannot say enough good things about Calixte, they are worth every dime and more…

Perfect way to capture a perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Nina V

Now that our wedding day has come and gone in a blink of an eye, I am very glad I had Calixte there to capture each and every moment of that day. Just watching the wedding trailer itself allowed me to relive the special day as how I remembered it. The Calixte crew is highly professional, personable, and is accommodating to ensure everything goes the way that it should. Provided that the Calixte entourage came with a group of 3-4 guys working the scene at any given time, I hardly even noticed that they were there asides from the time that they were directing me for a specific part of the video. One of my guests even said they looked like a group of secret service guys, dressed uniformly in black and communicating with each other via ear pieces. My husband and I are happy with their professionalism and the awesome work that they provided. Thank you Calixte!

Calixte captured the beauty and fun of our wedding perfectly!

Reviewed on 12/13/2014 Dominika P

When it came to our wedding, we were all about no fuss, so we did our research and entrusted the artists that we chose to do what they do best, and in the case of Calixte, we couldn't be happier with the results. The video Dex and his team made for us is simply amazing - it's like they somehow magically knew exactly what we wanted and chose the perfect song with virtually zero creative input from either of us. As an example of their sixth sense, during our brief interview with Dex we mentioned we liked a Drake song, but in the end he chose a song from Ellie Goulding, which happened to be one of our favorite artists from Coachella 2014, and we were glad too because we got sick of that Drake song pretty quick. We'll let the video speak for itself, which they recently posted on their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CalixteWorks/posts/890664530951771 Background Info: Our wedding took place in San Francisco with the ceremony at St. Ignatius Church and reception at the Presidio Cafe on a gorgeous sunny day in early April, 2014.

Thank you calixte!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Stacey B

We had the pleasure of working with calixte this past weekend. Dex and JR were very personable and they had a lot of creative ideas. I highly recommend them for your wedding videography! Thanks Calixte for everything! -Stacey & Daniel

Calixte is the best!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Thank you to Calixte (Dex, JR & JR) for doing a beautiful job capturing our wedding! The team was wonderful to work with leading up to the wedding and while filming you could hardly tell that they were there. They made us feel so comfortable! They were friendly and made the entire experience fun. I can't say enough how impressed we were with our same day edit video. It captured the essence of us - our story, how much fun we had with our wedding party and guests and how thrilled we were to be getting married. We are so happy we went with Calixte and that we have a wedding video to remember our unbelievable day! Highly recommended! 10 out of 10

Best of the Best!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Chariss I

Below is a personal message I wrote my dear friends of Calixte the morning after our wedding in Bali, Indonesia. 10/18/14 Dex and Jr: words - wait what words?! I'm beyond speechless and beyond thankful that you were here with us in Bali. Working with you two made everything feel seamless and comfortable. I know you sweated out at least 10lbs yesterday, but you stuck out the heat like troopers hehe! I'm amazed at how my vision came to life and we were able to fuse the essence of Bali with my floral vintage style and theme. Thank you for being the artists and craftsmen that you are. I hope we inspired your film making :) After all, artistry is in the eye of the beholder. It's something you can't teach and it's the talent that sets you apart from the rest! I know I haven't seen the final cut, but I feel and know that it will be nothing but perfect! Thank you for capturing a memory that will never be forgotten and turning it into a masterpiece. From the bottom of our hearts!! -- Chariss and Mike Cheers to more Bali moments :) #ilawongnuptials #bali101814

Calixte helped make my Wedding memorable! Highly Recommended.

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Janelle S

Dex, Chris, Jr and J.R. were awesome. Each of the videographers kept the Cameras rolling the whole time. They made everyone comfortable and weren't obstructive or intrusive at any point. By working with them, you can tell they are experts in their field and have done numerous weddings. I was referred to Calixte through a friend who told me to check out their youtube video. Upon viewing a trailer of Johnnie and Tina's Wedding I was immediately impressed by the cinematography...although my pockets were screaming SLOW DOWN. Upon contacting Dex, he emailed me Calixte's rates and I was very surprised how fair their pricing was. Trust me when I tell you I've shopped around....Bridal Fairs...Craigslist...Groupon....the quality and level of service you get with these guys is worth the $. The day before the event, these guys even scoped out the venue to plan which angles/shots they would obtain. Altogether I highly recommend Calixte and considering many of our friends are also getting married, I'm sure we will work with these guys again. Thank You for making my Wedding Memorable!

money well spent!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Valerie T

As my then fiancé and I were planning our budget for our destination wedding in Hawaii, the one thing that I didn't want at the time was a videographer. I've seen videos of weddings from other friends and colleagues and all I could think of was the "cheese" factor these videos usually had. I also knew how costly they could be and thought this was the easiest thing to cut right away to keep our budget intact. Well, so it turned out, my fiancé (now husband) is friends with Dex (they knew each other in college) and my fiancé mentioned to me how good his wedding videos were. One night, we went ahead and watched one or two of their videos on their Vimeo page and I kid you not, I was practically in tears watching these former brides and grooms - most of whom I didn’t know - on their wedding day. I guess wedding videos have a come a long way these days! Dex and JR were able to capture all those special moments that make up a wedding day, and told each couple’s story in such a way that made it memorable, unique, and NOT cheesy at all. At this point, I definitely reconsidered having a videographer to document our own wedding. After meeting Dex in person for the first time and re-working the budget, it was without hesitation that we signed them on to come to our destination wedding in Hawaii! Fast forward to our wedding day which was last August. These guys are great. They arrived on time, were super down to earth, funny yet professional, patient, and they made the entire bridal party feel pretty comfortable as it can be quite awkward having all kinds of cameras in your face pretty much while you are getting ready. It was easy to get along with these guys –I felt like these guys were my homies for years! We had three guys on deck – Dex, JR (1), and JR (2). These guys knew exactly what to do. They each were equipped with their “secret service” ear pieces so they knew exactly where each other was and the timing of what was going on in both the bridal suite as well as the groom suite while we were getting ready and right before our planned “first look.” I knew we were well covered. After the ceremony, I believe they stayed pretty much until the bitter end of the reception, in which I never got to say goodbye or to thank them personally before they left. My husband and I can’t wait for them to bring our video to life and to tell our story so we can relive OUR day. As a budget concerned, former bride who had heard it a million times before that her wedding day itself will come and go as fast as a heartbeat, I honestly believe this was money well spent. And if you’ve already convinced yourselves to hire a videographer, well turn to Dex and JR. They’ve got you covered for sure and I have no doubt will turn out great work!

Best Videographers HANDS DOWN!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

I flew out Dex and JR of Calixte for my wedding in Hawaii. Right off the bat they had a vision on how they wanted to shoot our day. I had very little input in giving them any kind of direction and trusted that they knew exactly what they were doing. They were very professional and managed their time really well before the ceremony. They were also able to work with the photographers I hired really well so there was no kind of confilct with both parties within the same areas all the time. I recommend Calixte for your videographer. You will not be dissapointed. They are a fun and creative group for any type of wedding.

Talented team!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Paul V

We could not have asked for a better videographer and team to capture our wedding day! At first, we knew we wanted our wedding videoed but didn't realize how important it was until we received the finished product. Our wedding photos are of course important to us but the day is re-lived when we see the video. Like everyone told me, there is so much going on the day of your wedding that it's easy to miss and forget certain moments. When we see our wedding video, it brings the day back to life. Hearing the voices and seeing the family and friends dancing the night away is truly priceless. Hiring Calixte was easily one the best decisions my wife and I made during our wedding planning.

San Francisco Wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Bernadette P

What can I say? I came to the Calixte team with very little time before my wedding partly because of running out of time on my end, but also because of budget concerns. As an event planner by day (and night), it was hard for me to find the time for my fiancee and I to meet with potential vendors. JR was prompt to respond to my emails and was incredibly flexible on where and when to meet with us. After sitting with JR for 5 minutes, I knew that he would take care of us on our big day. He was warm and inviting and a huge thing for me was that he was actually listening to what we had to say. That being said, the entire Calixte team was so down to earth and easy to work with. They arrived on time on the wedding day and were completely comfortable in a hotel room full of women getting dolled up for such an important (and, what could be, incredibly stressful day). My advice to all brides and grooms is TRUST who you are working with for this very important day. It will make all the difference because you will be able to focus your energy all of the wonderful, love-filled moments of a day that already seems to fly by. Calixte is a team that you can trust to be professional, friendly to your guests and really approachable overall. I wish them all the best and hope that I can refer some of my loved ones to them, as well. I cannot wait to see scenes of our day - it was so magical and I know that they caught it all. xox Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Spoonemore

Highly Recommend!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Salim S

After checking out their work online, my wife and I knew we had to have them shoot our wedding. We quickly reached out to Calixte knowing their schedule would fill up quickly. The process with booking them went super smooth. They got back to all my emails and texts within minutes. When we got to our big day, these guys made us feel totally comfortable. Right away, I knew they were passionate about their work. Their attention to detail is incredible. They thought of things I would have never come up with. They made a point to capture important moments at all angles. They were awesome from beginning to end! In addition the to high quality work you guys provide, it was amazing working with you! Thank you so much!! ~Salim & Nina

Unique style

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Rachelle A

We chose to hire Calixte for our wedding after seeing their work through friends. They truly have a unique artistic style, and choose music to capture each couple's vibe. As for the planning process, they were responsive and open to ideas leading up to the wedding, and willing to tailor a package to suit our needs. On the day of the wedding, they were with us from the prep process through the reception fun, and everything in between. I can't wait to see how they present our big day!

Calixte is Amazing

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Mathwee P

Me and my wife searched for videographers forever then we found calixte's page and the trailers were amazing. Full of Life, Fun, and Creative. They were exactly what we were looking for. The guys over at Calixte are Amazing. They were very accommodating, Whatever we needed they were there(i.e. my wife wanted more hours they had no problem with that). The guys are perfect, they worked amazingly with the photographers(even if the photographers were kinda pushy) They were able to blend-in. They had so many ideas it was great. I recommended them to all my friends(since it seems like everyone in the world decided to get married this year). You cant go wrong with these guys!

Love love love Calixte

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 McKenna S

Dex and his team of JR's are fantastic! We had them film our wedding in July of 2014. Calixte was recommended to me by a friend who had used them to film their wedding, and they had nothing but good things to say about them. So I went on to contact Dex and from the beginning to the end, he and his staff have been prompt, enthusiastic, professional, passionate, and so talented. My husband and I are very happy we chose Calixte and we fully recommend them to other engaged couples in search of a wonderful videographer! Thanks Calixte!!

More than just a dream...

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

Dex, JR and the entire Calixte crew did an outstanding job capturing the many joyous emotions that 12.8.12 encompassed for us. Their artistic skill, charisma, and love for what they do clearly define their unique eye. We are truly grateful to have chosen Calixte to be a signifcant part of our day-- we cannot thank you enough. Calixte represents professionalism and dedication to their craft and EXACTLY what we were looking for... Thank you Calixte.

HAPPY HAPPY BRIDE!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Charlene A

Hiring Calixte for our wedding was the best investment we made. All the little details don't matter if you can't remember them. When people say that your wedding day just flies by, they are so right. I'm so happy that we splurged for a wedding video. And I'm even happier that we hired Calixte. Dex and his team were extremely professional before, during, and after our big day -- punctual, friendly, responsive, and talented. They have the experience to know where to be and when to be there. The live details that they captured allow us to re-live our wedding day every time we press play. Pictures are worth a thousand words, but I can honestly say, I've never cried looking through our wedding album. I cry almost every time I watch our wedding trailer...JUST THE TRAILER! You don't want to see me watching the full-length feature. Hire Calixte! You will be so grateful in the end.

Awesome video!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

We chose Calixte for our videographer because of the modern and innovative videos we've seen them produce. They were very personable and very accommodating. We are sooo happy with the finished product!!! :) We highly recommend them to anyone who wants a cool, keepsake video of their special day!!! Thanks Calixte!!!

Calixte Videography

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Stacy T

Having a video of your wedding day is a perfect way to relive it over and over again! This group of guys are very talented and super in capturing those moments! They are very modern and delivered a unique way of recapping the biggest day of my life! My husband and I were very pleased with their work!

My wedding

Perfect

Calixte is the videographer for you!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013

Calixte is very professional, friendly, fun, easy to work with and makes everything so simple. They were able to capture all the highlights of our special day and the end result was a spectacular video with memories that will last a lifetime. Everyone who saw it was amazed at the quality, especially for such a reasonable cost. If you're like me, I wanted the most for my dollar and they went above and beyond and the quality was just as good as the very expensive videographers. I am so glad we used Calixte, they treated us like family and made it easy to be filmed. Their team of three worked great together constantly capturing every detail without getting in the way. They were so creative with their ideas and utilized all the best spots in the hotel to film but didn't have me running crazy. They also worked with our photographer and helped everything run smoothly. The way they put together the video and song choices was PERFECT! Pictures are good to have but you got to have a video, it makes me smile every time I watch it and feels like it was just yesterday. I even keep a tab open on my IPAD so when the day feels blah, I just play the video and I'm smiling again. Thank you Calixte for such a great job!! You guys are the best!!

Calixte - 5 Star Treament

Reviewed on 10/01/2013

What can I say about these guys. From beginning to end they captured every moment, every memory, and every laugh. Our favorite was the short vid of the wedding day. They truly captured our personalities and the music they picked for us was perfect! We would HIGHLY recommend them, not because they do Top Notch work, but they work like they're your own family. They treat you like family. 5 stars fellas.. keep up the great work!

Darwin and Sharon's Wedding

Reviewed on 10/01/2013

The investment in a wedding video is well worth it. If you're on the fence about a video, I strongly I suggest doing it. To this day, my wife and I still enjoy watching the video. Friends and family who attended the weeding along with those who did not attend enjoy seeing the highlights and memories captured on film. It's so much different seeing the video as compared to still photos and it's definitely the best way to relive the moment. Calixte did an amazing job capturing the right moments and their creativity seems to get better with every video they make. Their film crew had many creative ideas and also was very accommodating to our vision and suggestions. I really enjoyed working with Calixte and would highly recommend them to friends and family. Calixte Crew - Thank you again for capturing the best day of our life. Cheers!

"The Stuff Hollywood is Made Of"

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Tina M

Everyone tells you how fast your wedding day will come and go. No one really tells you how important hiring a good videographer is to preserving not only the moments, but all of the emotion that could as easily be forgotten. Yes, any videographer would be better than none. We were just lucky to hire the best in the business and one that just "got" our style and energy, and presented it in a way that could very well be fit for Hollywood. Calixte arrived on time, directed my bridal party and I without adding to the chaos, didn't overcrowd or intimidate at all - in fact, the crew could have very well been friends from childhood, and were stealth and artful in their approach (something I couldn't have appreciated until I saw the final product.) Hiring the Calixte team was and continues to be one of the most valuable investments from our wedding day. An investment that appreciates with time. A year later and their work still manages to make its way into our conversations among friends and family. We recommend Calixte 100%.

Send Email