Canary Rock Salon

At Canary Rock Salon we don't just offer wedding hair as a service, we specialize in all things beauty for weddings. Hair, Makeup & Airbrush Tanning, a private spa room & eyelash extensions. We can re-create any photo you bring in & and you will be perfectly polished by our highly trained team. You can even use our studio privately for your big day!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Waxing, Spas, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

1939 Maybank Hwy, Charleston, SC (843) 330-8022

Christina was AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Ashleigh B

I am so happy I used Christina to do my hair for my wedding! I am quite picky and she worked really well with me at the consultation changing my look several times. Then (because I'm incredibly indecisive) I changed my mind AGAIN for the wedding and she made it absolutely... Read More perfect. She and her team came to the venue and did a great job on my mother-in-law and bridesmaids as well. I would definitely recommend Ziba Salon for their skills AND patience with a nervous bride!

Best Wedding Hair Ever!!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Lauren F

Christina is VERY VERY VERY talented with wedding hair and updo's!! I could not have asked for a better experience. She also came to my parent's house which was very convenient for the day of! Not only did she do my hair, but also did 7 of my bridesmaid's hair. We all loved it!!... Read More She is very professional and extremely talented! All we had to do is show her a picture of what we wanted and she was able to replicate it perfectly. All of my bridesmaids were so happy! You have to go with ZIBA salon!!!!!!

Amazing job for my wedding!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Michelle S

Christina and Laurie were amazing! I found Ziba online at the knot.com since I am from Virginia and my wedding was in charleston/kiawah area. They did my hair and makeup for my wedding as well as my mom's and my bridal parties hair and makeup. They did an amazing job. Everyone's... Read More hair and makeup looked fantastic and I got a ton of compliments on my hair and makeup. They airbrushed my makeup which made a huge difference in my pictures. Not only did they do my hair and makeup the day of my wedding, but they also put hair extensions in my hair to make my hair fuller and longer for my wedding day. I loved them so much that I still have them in 3 weeks later! I have gotten a ton of compliments on them as well! They truly did an amazing job and were so much fun to hang out with on my wedding day. My mom and bridal party loved them as much as I did. I plan to see them whenever I go back down to charleston for vacation. I couldnt have been happier!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

Christina and her team were WONDERFUL!! They were on time, prepared and attentive to all the wedding party. We were all very happy with our hairdos ...especially the BRIDE!! I would highly recommend Canary Rock Salon to ANY and ALL brides!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Catelyn B

The staff at Canary Rock Salon did a fantastic job with the hair and make-up for my wedding! Sarah was a huge help throughout the whole process. I was able to do a trial run a few months before the wedding to try out different hairstyles and make-up options. We were able to have... Read More the entire salon to ourselves the day of the wedding and were able to bring food and wine to snack on while we were there. My hair and make-up (i did the airbrush) lasted the entire night, even with the humidity and rain! I would highly recommend Canary Rock Salon for any bride to be!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Caroline J

Christina Shepard (Owner) has been my personal hair stylist for over 7 years now. I always love my hair and feel so beautiful whenever I leave my appointments. So, when I got engaged she was the only option in mind that would do for my wedding day bridal hair! I had two trial... Read More runs for my big day because I couldn't quite figure out what I wanted. Christina was very patient with me and helped me create exactly what I wanted for my bridal look. On the day of my wedding Christina and her team of stylists from Canary Rock showed up right on time and were ready to work. I had a larger bridal party (13 people including myself, bridesmaids and mothers) and everyone's hair looked FABULOUS and almost more importantly, we were all ready on time :) Christina and her team even stayed until we were all dressed just in case anyone needed touch ups. Christina spent extra time with me on my big day and made sure that I was totally satisfied and felt beautiful!! I would 100% recommend Christina and her girls at Canary Rock for bridal hair and makeup. Everyone there does awesome work and they are always so friendly and professional. If you are looking for a wedding day team to come on location and make you and your bridal party GLAM and GORGEOUS they are definitely the best!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jenna L

The ladies at Canary Rock...rock! They made my 8 bridesmaids look flawless and were extremely patient and easy to work with! Book this talented team, you won't regret it!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Elizabeth M

I LOVE the girls at Canary Rock Salon. They came out to my wedding venue and took excellent care of my bridal party and I. All of our expectations were exceeded and our hair/makeup was beautiful! THANKS AGAIN!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

Canary Rock exceeded my expectations and made my life easier. I'm admittedly picky and fired the first salon I had a hair trial with because they couldn't get it quite right even after two separate attempts. Christina (owner/manager) was incredibly accessible via e-mail and... Read More phone, and essentially took care of everything (including creating a schedule for all bridesmaids) for me. Once she brought me in for a hair trial I knew I had found the right place. I was indecisive, had drastically different styles I wanted to try, changed my mind the day of the wedding, etc. Despite all of this, I expected my hair to turn out exactly like the pinterest photos I brought in...and it did! Not to mention the airbrush make-up was worth every penny. I didn't even do a make-up trial, day-of worked out perfectly. More people than I would have ever expected asked me where I had my hair and make-up done. This was the most beautiful I've ever felt and the lovely ladies at Canary Rock made it so effortless. I couldn't ask for a better experience.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

This salon is a wonderful choice for all things wedding. The stylist and makeup artist made her day beautiful and stress free. She is now going to the salon for all of her beauty needs. Thank you for making her day!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Kerrie B

I have never felt so beautiful! Exactly what I wanted they did an amazing job!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 hilary p

Awesome salon! Sarah did the perfect makeup hair and spray tan for me on my wedding day. I'm pretty particular and everything was just right. Our guests loved all of the bridal party's hair - we got tons of compliments. Classy and subtle glam, would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 b

Booking an appointment at the Canary Rock Salon was one of the best decisions I made while planning our destination wedding. The salon was beautiful! I made an appointment for Hair and Airbrush make up for myself and my bridal party. I showed up with only a few photos from... Read More Pinterest and walked out of the salon feeling amazing! My hair was perfect! We got married on the beach and it was extremely windy that day. My hair looked amazing for the ceremony and afterwards, for photos. My make up was flawless. I was able to focus on being in the moment at our reception and never once worried about how I looked. It was the perfect day and I felt absolutely beautiful, inside and out. My mother and sister were also thrilled with their look. I highly recommend Canary Rock Salon. Thank you so much!!!!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Sarah S

Beyond expectations - FAR beyond! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day "getting ready" experience with the ladies from Canary Rock Salon! I loved everything about my wedding day look and all of my girls loved their hair and makeup too --- and we are a tough crowd to... Read More please in this department!! We all have different personalities and have different preferences when it comes to hair and makeup but, let me tell you, the ladies at Canary Rock NAILED IT in every way possible!! I cannot recommend them enough to help make your wedding day experience everything you ever expected and more!!! Canary Rock Salon - Thank y'all so much for everything! Y'all are the best!! - Sarah

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Lindsay C

I LOVED working with Christina and her crew at Canary Rock Salon. Christina was fabulous-- not only did she do a fabulous job (I LOVED my hair, and so did all of my bridesmaids!), but also, she was super responsive and very professional. All of my bridesmaids said that this was... Read More their favorite hair experience of any wedding they had been in (and they are an experienced crew!). I can also attest to how flexible, creative, and talented Christina is-- I changed my mind slightly right before the wedding, and she totally got it and did a PERFECT job. I would recommend Christina and Canary Rock Salon to anyone getting married in the Charleston area!

Book them and it will be the best decision you've made!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Marianne M

Christina and her salon took GREAT care of my bridesmaids and I on my wedding day. I had them do hair and makeup trials (which looked so good I used them for my shower and engagement shoot), my spray tan, and my day-of hair and makeup. They also did all my bridesmaids hair and... Read More makeup. Their style is glamorous yet soft. They know exactly what they are doing and their biggest concern is making sure the client is happy. I would recommend this salon to anyone in a heartbeat! A high-end salon without the high-end prices, just high-end service and results! Bravo ladies!

Wedding hair

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Christina did a beautiful job on my hair and the bridesmaids. She is prompt, reasonably priced and a pleasure to work with. As it was a beach wedding she worked with me weeks prior to the event to come up with a perfect style that would hold up in humidity and a breeze.Would... Read More highly recommend Canary Rock!

Christina and Savannah are the best!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Having Christina and Savannah come to my house to do hair and makeup was perfect! The bride and bridesmaids looked just beautiful! Christina and Savannah were very professional and calmed the nerves of a very nervous group of young ladies. :) Best of all everyone still looked... Read More beautiful at the end of the day as well! They did a great job and I would recommend them highly!

Simply AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

I was so pleased with the girls from Canary Rock Salon! To start they arrived exactly on time and were so professional. I wasn't sure how I wanted to do my hair, I wanted it to be perfect. After showing a couple photos of what I liked and explaining what parts I liked about each... Read More one, she said she knew exactly what to do. She was so helpful in guiding me as well and actually listening to what I wanted. It looked so perfect! She even touched it up before was time for us to walk out! I got compliments on it all night and it felt comfortable, I wasn't messing with it or moving bobby pins around. It also held up great through the whole night of dancing! Would highly recommend Canary Rock!!

Bridal hair & makeup

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 courtney T

I was in a wedding Sept 12 2015 & had my hair done by Christina & make up by Savannah & both were amazing! I got so many compliments on my hair & makeup. If I am ever in another wedding I definitely would recommend using Canary Rock! They rock!

Excellent!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

Christina and Sarah did my hair (bride) and also did hair for my bridesmaids, jr bridesmaid, and flower girl. They arrived on time and prepared and were amazing! We opted to have our hair done on location at our venue and they didn't disappoint! We had so many compliments on... Read More how great our hair was and would highly recommend the ladies at Canary Rock Salon for all of your wedding and daily needs! Can't wait to work with them in the future!

Best services! Pure talent!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

The girls at Canary Rock are truly amazing! From Sarah, who did my spray tan, to Savannah, who did my makeup and Christina, who did my hair... Truly blew me away! I looked phenomenal!! My mother and bridal party had their hair and makeup done as well! These girls have pure... Read More talent!! Wonderful atmosphere to get ready at and have girl time! Highly recommend them!! A++++++

Flawless

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Meg B

I recently just had the most perfect destination wedding in SC and the girls from Ziba Salon were a huge part of that. Ziba was recommended to me and I was over the moon with my entire experience working with these girls. They were sweet and flexible and amazingly talented. I... Read More felt beyond beautiful on my wedding day and my entire wedding party looked flawless. The girls came out to our location and they made the entire process relaxing and stress free. I would not hesitate recommending Ziba Salon to girls planning either a destination or a hometown wedding.

Hair, Makeup and Airbrush for a May outdoor wedding

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Kelly F

I hired Ziba Salon to do my bridal parties hair and makeup without ever meeting them since I was a long distance bride. The pictures that they had online were stunning and Christina Ghoreishi was very professional and helpful every time I talked to her over email or phone. They... Read More arrived late, which is really my only complaint, however they had three employees with them instead of the original two so we had plenty of time. They were also in constant contact with me so I knew that they had gotten lost. There were seven girls getting their hair and makeup done and they worked through all of them flawlessly. Each girl was asked what they liked and how they wanted it done and Christina and her team exceeded those expectations. The makeup was stunning and tailored to each girls looks and preferences. They all took pride in their work and worked with us to make sure it turned out just how we wanted it to. As the bride, I got the airbrush makeup since I was going to be taking pictures all day. She just airbrushed the face make up (not the eyes) which made it better since the eyes tend to crack when air brushed. My make up looked the same at 11pm as it did when they initially put it on at 1pm! I was so thankful when I cried and NONE of my make up was running at all. Also, even though the wedding was outdoors, both hair and make up stayed perfectly. Overall, I was VERY impressed with Ziba Salon's professionalism, responsiveness and hair and makeup styles and would definitely recommend them.

Christina Ghoreishi Shepard

My name is Christina Shepard. I have been a hairstylist for seven years, and immediatly became obsessed with the art of styling hair for weddings! Having recently been a bride myself, I know how important bonding with your wedding stylist can be. Alongside myself, I have built a group of highly trained professionals that take pride in our quality of work. We all hold ourselves at a high standard and constantly work or on our craft to make sure we are the best we can be. We have a passion for weddings, styling wedding hair and makeup. We look forward to helping create your dream wedding!