Fine art wedding photographer in Naperville, IL

My love for wedding photography grew while living in Colorado. It was there that I married my filmmaker husband, Jose Luis Malagon. We've been blessed with a beautiful daughter and two rambunctious cats. Photography feeds my soul. I like to let events unfold naturally, but' I'm not afraid to direct and pose you in order to create gorgeous imagery. I LIVE for the moments that make your hair stand on end. I love couples who also feel this way; couples that actively search out people, places and experiences in their world that make them feel alive. I love people who love adventure, travel, relationships, good food and kinship. I look for the little stories beyond the frame. Does this make us a great fit? Contact me today to check the availability of your wedding date!

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Aislinn H

Candace was such a pleasure to work with during our engagement session. My fiancé and I are both camera shy, but she helped us feel at ease immediately. Since we felt so comfortable, she was able to capture the true (quirky) elements of our relationship. Within days we received... Read More our proofs. I really appreciate the attention to detail and quick turn around time. I also follow her on Instagram and love seeing her talented solo and family portraits. I'll happily recommend her to my friends that are searching for a photographer!

2017-08-07T13:28:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm so happy to have been a part of such an exciting time in your life and that I made your session fun and easy going. That is always music to my ears. Best wishes on your union!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Saydie A

Candace is wonderful! She did both our engagement and wedding photos and we were happy with them both. She is a great photographer! She is also organized, prepared, and got our pictures back to us fast! We would highly recommend her!

2017-10-20T22:00:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback! It was such a pleasure to document your love story Saydie and David. You guys were the best and we enjoyed your families!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Fahad N

Candace and her husband have been amazing to work with. We hired them for one of our pre-wedding events, and after looking at their work, I wish we would've hired them for all of our main events, except we had already prepaid. Their work is honestly amazing, and they both are... Read More easy to work with. Not only they have a good vision, but great direction. We hired them for both photography and videography, and both of them were edited well. I would absolutely recommend them for your big day.

2017-08-07T13:40:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so grateful to have had our paths cross and be a part of such a beautiful love such as yours. Cheers!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Saira S

Candace and Jose of night owls cinema are an incredibly talented duo. they did an engagement photo shoot and engagement trailer for us. Working with them was a fun experience, they both do an incredible job in making you feel at ease. My husband and I are very awkward in front... Read More of camera, but we felt so comfortable with Jose and Candace. They were able to capture our true personalities in their pictures and video. Photos were delivered in less than a week. They are very professional and also affordable. We couldn't have asked for anything better. Highly recommended

2017-08-07T13:32:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback! Jose and I are truly honored to have been a part of your wedding events and wish you both all the happiness in the world! Thank you for supporting our passions!

Candace Sims

I'm a fine art wedding and lifestyle photographer who loves the mountains, gazing at the stars and appreciates a good hug. Fall season, Harry Potter and 80's music are my jam! I seek those candid moments of joy, tender kisses, and genuine smiles. Contact me today to check the availability of your wedding date. I can't wait to hear from you!