Cape Cod Ceremonies- Rev. Faith Lavender

Brewster, MA

Because this is where YOUR forever begins....

A great wedding ceremony captures the essence of the couple, creates a feeling of magic, tells a beautiful love story, makes people laugh and cry, gives you goose bumps and leaves you and your guests saying “wow”. Let us work together to create a memory that will last a life time!

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim

Ceremony

127 Dillingham Road, Brewster, MA (508) 896-8582

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Melissa K

Reverend Faith Lavender played an instrumental role in making our wedding ceremony exactly what we wanted; full of love, happiness and laughter. As we started planning the wedding, we weren’t sure where to begin. Faith was there to guide us every step of the way and answer any... Read More and all questions we had. She provided an extensive list of suggestions and helped us both figure out exactly what we were looking for on our very special day. We both answered a questionnaire and she wrote a heartwarming love story that brought tears of joy and lots of laughter to our guests. Faith does an amazing job at creating a ceremony that is perfect for the both of you. Her intelligence, reliability, professionalism, and warming personality make her a pleasure to work with. One of my favorite things about Faith is her ability to make those around her feel calm and stress free. Weddings can be very exciting but also extremely stressful at times. Having Faith there with me during the wedding helped to keep me calm and relaxed. Our closest family and friends continue to send us rave reviews. “Your ceremony was perfect and fitting for the two of you. I laughed, I cried, and I truly enjoyed every moment.” “It was by far the best wedding ceremony I’ve ever attended. The happiness that filled the church was contagious. There wasn’t one guest in the entire church who didn’t have a smile on their face.” “Your loving cup ceremony was fantastic. I’ve never seen anything like it. It was perfect for you!” It was truly our honor to have Reverend Faith Lavender as the officiant for our wedding ceremony on Cape Cod, MA. She went above and beyond to celebrate our love and commitment in a way that captured both of our personalities. We would highly recommend you have some ‘faith’ in Reverend Lavender. We promise she will exceed your expectations in many ways. - Mr. & Mrs. Kolcz ♡

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Nichole C

We are so happy we chose Faith as our wedding officiant! She is friendly and kind, passionate about her work, and very responsive to emails (a trait I know most brides deeply appreciate!). Our favorite part about the ceremony that Faith created for us was the love story.... Read More We also liked that we were able to read the ceremony beforehand and make any changes that we wanted. Our family and friends commented to us later that they loved Faith because she was very well-worded and performed a unique and lovely ceremony. Faith will make your wedding ceremony everything you ever wanted! She has a questionnaire to fill out so that she can better understand your vision and so that there is no way you will be disappointed. Faith also gave us a ton of great suggestions (e.g. how to walk down the aisle, when to pause for the photographer, how to carry a tissue around your bouquet, and so many other little things that someone who has never been married before just doesn't think of). I definitely recommend hiring Faith as your wedding officiant and also spending the extra money to have her write your love story and attend your rehearsal :)

2016-10-12T10:50:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you S & N! You two were a joy to work with and so adorable during the ceremony! There was so much love there for you! Your family and friends could not have been happier for you! Thank you for allowing me to share... Read Less Read More

Personalized wedding ceremony - perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 9/13/2013 Lorraine B

The most important part of the wedding, in our view, is the ceremony. And we wanted it to reflect us and our sentiments. When we met Rev. Faith for the first time, we knew we had made the right choice. She has a great vibe - is so genuine and warm. We met, discussed our... Read More situation and what type of ceremony we wanted. She sent us a questionnaire that allowed us to share more. Based on this, she wrote a ceremony for us that was spot on - she nailed the exact mood, words and feelings we wanted relayed. It was a perfect "Purple Wedding". She also coached us in advance of the ceremony on ways to make our professional photos even better. Overall, we would highly recommend her - A+++++. She is wonderful!! And she is beautiful inside and out!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Kate H

Faith did such a fantastic job. We received SO many compliments on our ceremony, and her specifically! From her thoughtfully chosen words to the tone of her voice, she set an amazing tone for the rest of the day and our guests were really impressed. Ceremonies are often glanced... Read More over for the "party" most people are focused on, but she made our ceremony so special and memorable to us and our guests. Even weeks later, I still get comments about the ceremony. She is sincere and will take the time to get to know you as a couple so she can share personal stories and anecdotes. It really makes a difference. We are so grateful to have chosen her for our day.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Jenna D

My husband and I worked with Faith for our wedding last month. She was amazing to work with every step of the way, and was so organized. We wanted to do a non-religious ceremony, and she had so many good ideas about how to go about that. Because we got married in the cape... Read More near the beach, she suggested a sand ceremony which was a big hit. She created the most amazing ceremony and we couldnt have been happier. Would highly recommend working with her!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Courtney G

I can't say enough good things about Faith! She was an absolute pleasure to work with and made the process easy and fun. Faith did a beautiful job customizing our ceremony, our guests were raving. I highly recommend her for your Cape Cod wedding!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Helaine-Rose G

Faith is an outstanding officiant and we are delighted that we chose her to marry us! Our ceremony was beautiful and intimate. Faith put a lot of time into creating the perfect service for the two of us and our families. She was also very flexible in enabling us to find ways to... Read More involve our family and friends in our special day. We wholeheartedly recommend Faith!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Molly M

Faith was amazing! She definitely has you do your "homework" but it makes your ceremony so personal and great. We chose the "love story" ceremony. - What I mean by homework is Faith wants to know you and your spouse very well (how you met, what you love about each other, funny... Read More stories, etc.). Our guests came up to us many times to compliment our ceremony and asked how we knew Faith and if she was a family member - that is how intimate the ceremony was! A+ work to Faith. She is dedicated and wonderful and our ceremony was PERFECT.

2017-09-05T13:50:50 Response from the vendor

Dear M & D, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts in a Knot review! I appreciate it so very much! I'm SO glad to hear that your guests enjoyed the ceremony so much so that they thought I was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Jenna L

Rev. Scott was our officiant for a wedding we planned from both Missouri and California so we weren't able to meet Scott until the day before our wedding but he was so great helping us long distance with the ceremony. He was fantastic in walking us through the rehearsal. For... Read More our ceremony, we received so many compliments saying it was the best ceremony they had ever been to, everyone loved how Rev. Scott performed the ceremony. Our families were just overjoyed with the ceremony, it was so special. He was genuine, calm and a great story teller so when he told our love story, it was just wonderful. We're so lucky we had the ceremony we did, it was more beautiful than I could have imagined. Thank you Rev. Scott, we appreciate you so much, you did an amazing job and we're so thankful for all the tips you gave to us, they were so helpful, we definitely needed them! :) Thank you again! Jenna & Derek

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Stefanie R

Faith is the perfect officiant. She has a very calm and gentle voice which was so peaceful and pays particular attention to the details. During our first meeting she asked us several questions as far as how we would like the ceremony to go and when the day of the wedding came... Read More she did an excellent job! We also requested to have my husband's and my love story added to the ceremony and she did a wonderful job telling it. She was also very good at listening and communicating. She is a wonderful person and a great public speaker, you will be very happy you choose to go with her.

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Magdalena L

One thing I can say about our wedding ceremony is that Rev. Faith Lavender made it UNIQUE!! We were supposed to have a friend perform the ceremony, but last minute he cancelled, and luckily, Rev. Faith Lavender was available to perform the ceremony! Even though we only had a... Read More week before the wedding, she made sure to talk to us and get many details of us and our relationship, which she beautifully incorporated in the ceremony! Our guests were so impressed, as none of them was expecting such beautiful and unique ceremony!! It was breathtaking!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Rachel G

Faith was the perfect officiant for our intimate, non-religious Cape Cod wedding. She was easy to work with, and helped us to consider all the details of the ceremony so we would be totally prepared and relaxed on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Lindsay B

REv. Scott married us on 6-10-17! He did An amazing job! My fiancé (now husband) had a bit of nerves prior to our ceremony and Rev Scott helped him calm his nerves and get him through the day. ( I don't think he could have done it if it were t for him!) He walked us step by step... Read More through the ceromony and made sure that it was exactly what we invisioned! I can't say enough good things! He was very informative and helpful finding the perfect vows and readings! I do not do well public speaking or standing in front of 170 people and we could not have done it without him! He made the whole process stress free and perfect!!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Carolyn F

THANK YOU, Rev. Faith, for creating such a personal, unique, and touching ceremony for us! Rev. Faith came highly recommended to me from my wedding planner because I was looking for a personalized ceremony that would tell the story of us as a couple. Faith was incredibly... Read More professional, thorough, organized and easy to communicate with from start to finish. Even though we spoke through phone calls, she was spot on with her delivery of our story. We were very involved in selecting the components, flow, and overall mood of the ceremony, and her delivery of it all was calming and yet powerful. She had great suggestions on how to keep the audience engaged with every aspect of the ceremony. Friends and family commented on how unique and personalized it was. Thanks again for making the most special moment of our lives truly one of a kind!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Jacqueline C

Faith Lavender was the perfect choice for our wedding ceremony. She is so easy-going and soft spoken, and made us feel comfortable from the moment we met her. Our ceremony was perfectly written with the help of faith, and included everything we could have wanted on our special... Read More day. The way she addressed the audience, her wonderful personality, and obvious love for what she does made our wedding ceremony perfect! My family and wedding guests were very impressed with her. Highly recommend Faith!

2017-07-17T13:25:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I would thank you personally but I don't know who was so kind as to write this. It says your wedding was 9/12/18 which I know can't be right. Oh well, thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Lynne E

Rev Faith Lavender made our wedding day very special. Because she speaks from the heart our guests thought we knew. When we asked for JP's in the Cape Cod area we were told "Rev Faith Lavender, she is the best". With that said we didn't look any further and she proved them... Read More right. She is simply amazing. It was a pleasure planning our ceremony with her. I would highly recommend Rev Faith Lavender to everyone. You are the best Faith! Thanks you very much, Lynne and Patrick Evans

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Colleen S

We loved our ceremony and Faith! We loved that we got to see a draft of it and make edits, and were so glad we did the extra package with the love story. Ours is very unique so it was nice to have that in there. The only small criticism I have is that if you are an early planner... Read More like me, you may get a bit anxious to not have the ceremony finalized until the week of. Luckily I had plenty of time because I did everything else so early, but I can't even imagine being a DIY bride making things yourself and worrying about setting everything up yourself etc and trying to go through the ceremony. Overall we loved Faith and our ceremony! Many of our friends said it was the best ceremony they've ever been to!

2017-07-06T14:34:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write me a review! I'm not sure which couple you are because you didn't include the date of your marriage. I wanted to respond to your "small criticism" because I pride myself on being very on... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Marielle A

Faith was the perfect choice for our wedding officiant. She was warm, organized, and walked us through the whole process. We're so lucky to have had such a beautiful ceremony that we'll always remember. Thank you, Faith!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Stephanie B

My husband and I were thrilled to work with Faith. She was so warm and welcome when first meeting with her and walked us through the process effortlessly. Our ceremony was so personal to us and it was evident a lot of thought and passion went into creating it. Our favorite part... Read More was the "love story" add-on, which made me cry! (Luckily, Faith had backup tissues close by). She incorporated actual quotes that my husband and I both had stated about each other and it was just perfect. My guests also loved the "sea glass ritual" where they were able to join in the ceremony and bless their piece of sea glass with a prayer or well wish. I cannot say enough great things about Faith and how special our ceremony was. My best friend who is getting married down the Cape next year is already inquiring to book her! You will not be disappointed. :-)

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Kate S

Faith set such a beautiful space for our ceremony. Her angelic presence and voice brought everyone into the moment. I've never felt so present and grounded. Her guidance and orchestration in the whole process really allowed for our love to flourish and the magic between us to... Read More unfold. If you are looking for a ceremony that is heartfelt and inspirational, a ceremony that touches the heart of everyone in the room then Faith is the one. She was born to do this. We couldn't be more grateful and feel more fulfilled!

2017-05-17T07:34:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! I'm SO happy that I was able to bring such JOY to your ceremony and wedding day! Nothing makes me happier! Wishing you all the best! Faith

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 michelle t

My husband and I were so fortunate to have found Faith. From day one we knew we were so lucky. We were looking for someone to make our ceremony meaningful and memorable and it was so much more and we are forever grateful. All of our guests couldn't say enough of how beautiful... Read More the ceremony was and how wonderful she made the ceremony. From day one with her warm greeting we knew she was the one. She took the time to get to know us and walked us through every step creating a ceremony special to us. She was absolutely wonderful. Words can't describe our feelings of how special she was to our day, we can't thank her enough for all that she did.

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Eliza H

Faith was such a fantastic officiant! From the first time I talked with her on the phone, I could tell that she was a sweet person and gentle soul. My husband and I met with her at her house to get to know each other and go over the details- there was so much we didn't know... Read More about the process and Faith was so helpful and informative. She provided wonderful options for reading, wedding vows, and ring vows. We would have been so lost without her! She sent us a draft of the ceremony and was open to any suggestions we had before finalizing. The three of us talked on the phone the week of the wedding and she gave some important tips- like looking at each other during the ceremony and not at her the whole time! Faith even coordinated her outfit around the wedding colors to complement the color scheme. I was a total nervous nelly for the wedding but Faith did a great job keeping me calm. We received SO MANY compliments on the ceremony, - Faith added a lot of personal touches to it. Everyone was saying how it was the best ceremony they've been to! My 89 year old grandpa told me that it was so great, he might even want to get married again :) After the ceremony, Faith dropped off our vow cards (great momento!) and a lovely certificate in our card box- so sweet! My only regret is that we can't do it all over again!

2017-02-17T16:12:31 Response from the vendor

Hello Newlyweds! Thank you so much for all of your kind words! It truly makes my day when I hear back from a couple that they were so happy with their ceremony and that their guests loved it too! You were both wonderful to work... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Jenna C

We cannot thank Faith enough for the beautiful ceremony that she gave us! It was exactly what we wanted in that was light-hearted yet intimate. She took the time to meet with us in order to get to know us and make sure that she personalized our ceremony. She portrayed our love... Read More story in a way that fit us perfectly! She was really able to make it our own and did not appear as if she was just reusing some other couple’s ceremony. We have received so many compliments from our guests about the ceremony. Faith is very easy to work with and is always willing to talk and review ideas. She is very professional and personalizes each ceremony. She was also willing to come to our rehearsal and spend individual time with us going over each step of the ceremony, including things we would have never thought about. We would recommend Faith to any couple looking for a ceremony that they and their guests will never forget!

2017-01-08T09:49:40 Response from the vendor

Hello J& J, Thank you SO MUCH for your wonderful review! You both were such a pleasure to work with and it was my honor to officiate your ceremony! I'm so glad you had such a beautiful day on the beach, especially since the day... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jessica P

Faith was such a sweetheart and a pleasure to work with during our wedding! She was very responsive via email which was very helpful during working hours. We had an initial phone call with her, and just met with her at her home twice before the big day. She provided a stand and... Read More microphone for us so that our guests could hear us during our outdoor ceremony. Throughout the whole process she listened to exactly what we wanted to do during our ceremony and offered suggestions when asked. We wanted to have a interfaith ceremony, I am Catholic and my husband is Jewish. Both of us wanted to give a nod to our religious backgrounds but wanted to make our ceremony more about our love and commitment to each other. She also included a bit of humor into the ceremony as well and made the entire ceremony personalized just for us. Everyone commented on how perfect our ceremony was and our engaged friends specifically mentioned that they want their ceremony to be just like ours. If you are getting married in Cape Cod you must use Faith!

2016-10-30T16:27:41 Response from the vendor

Hello newlyweds! Thank you for your thoughtful words! You two were just wonderful to work with in every way! Jess, you were such a stunning bride! Thank you for the photos! I hope you and Mike had a wonderful honeymoon! Can't wait to see your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Courtney E

I am so beyond grateful for Rev. Scott. He was very helpful and caring . With my husband away for the Navy, Rev. Scott, was so understanding and did everything he could to make sure that my husband was still included even with his presence absent. He was in constant contact with... Read More me, which was so great! The day of the wedding he met with me and went over how the ceremony would go so both my husband and I would not be so nervous. He had created such a BEAUTIFUL ceremony and I'm so happy and blessed to have had him perform my ceremony.