Carly Michelle Photography

(33)

Boston & New England, MA

Romantic. Modern. Original

It is Carly Michelle's philosophy that weddings should be photographed in a way that truly reflects the couple. your style, your personalities, your relationship, and all all of the other special details of your wedding day that make it uniquely yours. Contact to discuss your vision.

Other Styles

Boudoir

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

Boston , Boston & New England, MA

Spring Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Alison H

I didn't chose Carly as my photographer as most other brides would normally chose theirs. In most cases, and what I did with all my other vendors, was search the bridal websites and find who got the best ratings and best reviews. In this unique case, she was a friend of a friend who came highly recommended. I was a little skeptical at first but I said "hey, let's check out her website and give her a shot!" After looking at her website I could tell she had a good eye. I liked her style and really liked the pictures she had posted. I really and truly had a good feeling about it. So at that point my fiancé and I decided to move forward and sign the contract. With all that said, it was one of the best decisions I made. The pictures came out fabulous and even better then I expected! The poses she recommended were great, the lighting, her ideas, it really surprised me and blew me away. She was very helpful throughout the whole process, answering any questions I may have and planning the wedding day hour by hour. She really cared about making our day special and wanting my fiancé and I to be happy. I give Carly, two thumbs up and an A+!!

Awesome Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 1/20/2014 Sophie S

I hired Carly for my December 7th wedding and she was the best decision I ever made! I think that photographs are all you have to remember your wedding day by so choosing a quality photographer is important. Carly is just that! She is super talented and and we are so glad to have found her. She captured our wedding beautifully and was very easy to work with. :) I would recommend her to any bride out there!

we love carly!

Reviewed on 12/02/2013

Carly and Josh were the perfect duo to take our wedding photos. I had a very clear vision for what I wanted, and they executed it perfectly. We used NYC as a backdrop, and the photos came out exceptional. Our friends and family have remarked that our photos are truly the most beautiful many have ever seen. Carly is unobtrusive and was a pleasure to work with. We can't wait to use her again for many more of our life milestones. Thank you, Carly!

Wedding Photography 10/2014

Reviewed on 12/21/2014 Erin B

My husband and I worked with Carly for our October 2014 wedding. We spent a lot of time looking around for a photographer that could capture the beauty of our Boston wedding. I knew the pictures from our wedding were going to be the most important part for me, so I really wanted to be sure we made the right choice! We were thrilled once we came across Carly's website, and I knew she was someone I wanted to work with as soon as we spoke on the phone. She made the planning process for our engagement photos and wedding photos so easy and effortless, and always made a point to capture the kinds of images we wanted. Plus, her work was great in two totally different settings (at the beach for our engagement pictures and in the heart of Boston for our wedding). We felt totally comfortable with her the whole time and none of the photos felt forced or awkward. Our families also loved working with her for our formal photos and everyone is so happy with the results! We are so happy we worked with Carly and would definitely recommend her to any bride or groom, no matter what the setting of your wedding!

Perfectly captured our day

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Carolyn F

Carly was the best from the start! We began with our engagement shoot which I hadn't even been 100% excited to do (feeling not so photogenic my whole life) but Carly convinced us to go ahead and spend an hour with her in front of the camera.... We were not disappointed!! The engagement photos were absolutely beautiful which made us even more excited for the big day! Leading up to the wedding Carly kept in touch and once the big day came around it honestly felt seamless having Carly there taking photos! She captured every must have photo that we wanted and much more than we could have imagined. Our photos were edited and gallery was ready within 4 weeks, with lovely sneak peeks posted along the way as we waited for the full gallery. We have so many gorgeous photos to perfectly remember all the best memories from the most important day of our lives. I cannot recommend Carly Michelle Photography enough!

Fantastic Photographer

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Megan P

Carly was beyond amazing. She was incredibly personable and professional. I was immediately impressed with her during our first conversation. There was no question as to whether or not we should pick her. Her photographers are gorgeous and we've received so many compliments. You would be crazy not to go with Carly. You won't regret it!

Amazing

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Jenn O

Carly was amazing. Our venue was not set up when she got there so she took pictures around the venue as the girls were running late. She took pictures of everything I had asked for and more. I received my pictures a little after two weeks and the contact stated 4-6 weeks. That was a GREAT SURPRISE. I am very happy with our pictures and would absolutely recommend her to anyone and everyone. I am happy I will be able to share all my pictures with everyone.

A true talent

Reviewed on 9/20/2014 Megan G

Carly is amazing, hands down. Photography was one of the most important elements to me on my wedding day as I knew I would not be able to replay my wedding day by memory alone. On that day, she produced really classic, timeless photos which was really the essence we were trying to capture at our wedding. I really can't sing her praises enough!! In the months before hand, she was the most responsive, flexible, and detailed vendor I hired. As a person, she is a really calm and organized individual who has a very clear vision and philosophy. Carly has a great energy any bride would want around her on her wedding day! Carly, Nick and I are forever grateful! xo

Awesome lakeside photos

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Chrisalis G

Carly does amazing work! She shot our wedding at the Shaphire Estates in Massachusetts, where there was a lake across the street. She captured the most beautiful frames of us there. She is also the sweetest person and really patient.

Simply amazing!

Reviewed on 8/23/2014 Sara F

Carly was so wonderful to work with. She came to me recommended by an old friend, and as soon as I saw her work and talked with her, I knew she was the one. Carly worked with us at our rehearsal dinner and wedding, and she was flexible, kind, creative and calming. She went above and beyond as a photographer. When things were hectic, she was stable and quick on her feet. Our venue was a bit unique and she was able to create such beautiful images from something that could've been challenging. She was able to capture our spirits seemingly effortlessly. As soon as we got the images, all my mom and I could say was "Obsessed." We are all still raving about the pictures and thankful that we invested in Carly's work. Our friends and family also keep commenting on how unique and wonderful the pictures are. In a nutshell, if Carly's available on your day, book her!!! We can't wait to use her in other important events in our life.

more than a photographer

Reviewed on 8/21/2014 aimee f

I feel really fortunate that Carly was available to photograph our small wedding. She was a calming presence throughout the day and always ready to help beyond the camera. She had great suggestions for our rainy day wedding and was a pro when it came to dealing with personalities and directing people for the formal shots. Carly captured all the happiness and emotion of the day and produced some really beautiful pictures that I know we will love forever! Carly, thank you again for everything! xoxo

Fantastic Photographer and Amazing Photos

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Karen T

My husband and I are so thrilled with the photographs that Carly took at our wedding! She captured the day perfectly- from the details of the food, decor, each special moment to the amazing sunlight behind us. She was very flexible and accommodating, and photographed our wedding non-intrusively and professionally. Carly got our pictures back to us so quickly and we are absolutely in love with them. I would highly recommend Carly for your special day.

Blown Away - Simply Stunning Photos!

Reviewed on 4/30/2014

Carly and Josh photographed our intimate spring wedding at my childhood home in NJ - I could not be happier with their work! Carly really captured the feel of our day perfectly. Not to mention she was so sweet and a lot of fun to work with! I could not be more thrilled to have her be part of our special day. The photos are simply stunning, and I can't wait to have Carly capture future "big moments" in our new life together! xx

Awesome Service & Amazing Photographer!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Emily f

Carly was amazing all around! She took the time to come to the venue, which was my parents home and get a feel for the area and a vision of what the wedding day would be like! She was SO fast in completing and sending us the photos, which was so important to us! It was important to me that we keep the formal pictures quick and that we have some time to enjoy ourselves immediately after the ceremony. She totally understood and was very accommodating! Carly is quick to respond, and dealt with my many emails and changes of the "picture list", etc. I am so happy with the quality of our photos- I feel like she really captured our day and now I have beautiful photos to relive the memories!!!

Great Vision

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Daniella L

I want to keep this review short & sweet. I could go on forever about how happy we were with our engagement & wedding photos. Carly has an incredible eye and captured the true essence of our intimate Vermont wedding. The outcome was amazing! I would recommend her to anyone. Even my husband (who hates being photographed) was inspired by her work. We will cherish our photos forever!

Fantastic Fall Shoot with Carly!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Danielle L

My fiance and I had such a wonderful experience with Carly during our shoot. We chose to have our session take place at the Old North Bridge in Concord, MA where we had originally wanted to have our wedding. However, it just didn't work within our budget and we chose to have our wedding in Sherborn, MA. My fiance grew up near Concord and we also had one of our first dates canoeing down the Concord River with a picnic at the Old North Bridge, so the location held many happy memories for he and us both. Carly was amazing and she made us feel so comfortable - we pretty much forgot she was even there and just couldn't keep our eyes off of each other, which made for many natural shots. We would recommend her to anyone - she is professional, accommodating and fun to work with, Once we received our photos we loved every one of them and decided to proceed in booking Carly to be a part of our wedding day. We can't wait for our next session. Thank you Carly!!!

beautiful shots

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Marissa G

Carly took my engagement photos and they were absolutely breathtaking. She was even able to get my dog to cooperate in the shoot! My fiance and I looked so in love - and these are photos that I will always treasure. Carly was such a joy to work with. Her bubbly personality and utter professionalism make her the perfect photographer. I will absolutely work with her again.

Bride

Reviewed on 10/01/2013

Carly was a very professional, calm and pleasant person to work with on a day that could be very stressful. She made me feel relaxed and also have fun with the pictures. She saw what would make an excellent picture and ran with it and my husband and I are very happy with the results! My favorite were the pictures on the beach. She captured the moments beautifully, especially with my American bulldog Amen! She was very honest about what would be a good picture and what wouldn't and I appreciated that very much. She is a lovely person and her photographs are amazing! I highly recommend her for any wedding or other event, you won't be disappointed :)

Developing our memories....

Reviewed on 8/31/2013 Darcie L

We are SO incredibly happy we had Carly as our photographer. From the moment I met her, I knew she was someone I would feel comfortable around. She is extremely talented, and our wedding pictures are amazingly beautiful! She is the epitome of professionalism and efficiency. She began sharing photos the day after the wedding! We had all of our photos upon returning from our honeymoon. She took the time to learn the details of our wedding, and to understand what types of pictures we hoped for. The day after the wedding, one of my close friends asked me to pick my most favorite moment of my wedding day. I thought about it, and my answer was...when Bob and I went with Carly to take pictures before the ceremony. There were so many great moments of the day, but being alone (with Carly...haha), all dressed up, in a few gorgeous locations was so intimate and, well, fun! During the ceremony and reception, nobody even knew she was there, yet she captured everything. Everyone that has seen my wedding pictures are so impressed with how beautiful they look. In fact, two of my co-workers have already booked Carly for their 2014 weddings! Thanks again Carly!

Picture Perfect!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 Katie S

Carly MIchelle is the most fabulous photographer!! She has a true talent for capturing the essence of the most magical day of your life. My husband and I had Carly photograph our wedding and also take engagement photos months prior to the wedding. She has a way of making you feel completely at ease in front of the camera, all while capturing beautiful gazes, smiles, and laughter. When we were looking for a photographer, Carly stood out because her wedding photos are artistic, creative, and gorgeous. She is extremely responsive, sends sneak peaks of the photos as she works on them, and gets you your gallery within weeks of the wedding or engagement shoot! We would and do recommend her to anyone looking for a spectacular wedding photographer!

Fabulous Photographer

Reviewed on 8/12/2013

There are so many wonderful things to say about Carly as a person and a photographer. She is an easy and sweet person to work with. She takes the time to make sure your details and your photos are exactly what you want. She is easy going and it feels like you're working with a friend. I picked Carly because I love the candid pictures that she takes. She truly captured the most important moments of our day. I am obsessed with pictures from our wedding day. I can't stop looking at them! They are simply gorgeous. I honestly could not have picked a better photographer!!

Capturing love stories one photograph at a time...

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 Tanya M

Carly has a true gift, to capture the feelings and emotions in her photographs. I used Carly for 3 sessions engagement, boudoir, and our wedding. During the engagement session, Carly was so friendly and comfortable to be around and the session was so easy going, me and my fiance didn't even realize we were being photographed. We were just able to relax and be ourselves. Carly was able to capture our personalties and our relationship all in her photographs. Whether it was a look she captured, a small smile, or a kiss, each shot was so special to us in different ways. I decided to do a boudoir session as a gift to my groom. Although this session was very personal, Carly was a complete professional and made me completely comfortable during the entire session. I really didn't think I could be that beautiful in my own skin. Again the pictures were incredible and of course my groom loved them ;). Finally, Carly photographed our wedding. I don't think there are any words to describe how AMAZING our photos turned out. She's just able to capture all emotions associated with a moment in a photograph. Again Carly was so professional and easy to work with. She was able to breeze through our formal shots and get us to our cocktail hour so we could celebrate with our family and friends. She even had a "sneak preview" of shots from the ceremony for us and our guests to view at dinner. I know that my husband and I will look at these photos for years to come and be able to relive our incredible wedding day. Carly is a true pleasure to work with, we will be using her for all of our professional photographer needs in the future!

Can't say enough about Carly

Reviewed on 8/03/2013 Haley M

We spoke with several photographers before meeting Carly but as soon as we met Carly, we knew she was the photographer for us! We were not disappointed when we met her to shoot our engagement pictures. Neither my fiance nor I have spent a lot of time in front of cameras and she made us feel comfortable immediately. In fact, before we knew it, we were having a great time! Not only was the experience a blast, we were absolutely blown away by the shots and moments Carly was able to capture...they were so beautiful and so unique! If we thought our engagement pictures were gorgeous, we had NO idea what was in store for our wedding pictures! Being a wedding photographer is such a special thing...you are truly capturing the couples memories from their day. I can honestly say there is NO ONE I would have rather had there than Carly. She was beyond amazing and it showed in our absolutely gorgeous wedding photos!! The photos are creative and romantic but also timeless. I know I will love looking at these pictures for years to come! All I can say is "thank you" and that I would recommend Carly to absolutely anyone!!

Vermont wedding

Reviewed on 8/03/2013 Gene M

I want to thank Carly for the incredible shoot that she did for my daughter Tanya and her husband Steven's wedding at the Alerin Barn in Vermont. Carly is an absolute joy to work with. I like the artistic aspect of her photographs and how she gets her subjects in a natural pose and setting. What is interesting is that you don't even know that Carly is there taking the pictures! And that means that everyone is relaxed and acting naturally. When we did have to pose for traditional photograph's, Carly was very organized and everything with very smoothly. I highly recommend using Carly as your wedding photographer.

Fantastic photographer! Beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Heather C

I first worked with Carly a few months ago when she took our engagement photos. Those photos were fantastic! We had such beautiful photos, and many of our friends and family commented that some looked like they should have been in a magazine. They were that good! After seeing our engagement photos I could not wait for our wedding and to see the photos Carly would get to us. And she did not disappoint! The photos of our wedding were beyond my expectations. They were beautiful and just what I wanted. I am incredibly excited to get them printed and hung up in my home. Carly was great to work with over the last year while planning took place. I had to reschedule our engagement photo shoot a few times due to weather conditions, and Carly was incredibly flexible. Additionally, she agreed to drive to Connecticut where my wedding took place without any hesitation! Talk about flexibility! During my wedding, Carly took any and all photos requested. She also remembered my request for lots of candid photos. I don't remember seeing Carly much during my wedding, but the photos proved she was everywhere and caught photos from all sorts of angles! She caught every detail and every event during the day. She was very professional too. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer! Bravo Carly, and thank you!

Send Email