Carly Michelle Photography

Boston & New England

Romantic. Modern. Original

It is Carly Michelle's philosophy that weddings should be photographed in a way that truly reflects the couple. your style, your personalities, your relationship, and all all of the other special details of your wedding day that make it uniquely yours. Contact to discuss your vision.

Classic, Documentary

Engagement

Social Media Sharing

Boston , Boston, MA
Boston & New England

Spring Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Alison H

I didn't chose Carly as my photographer as most other brides would normally chose theirs. In most cases, and what I did with all my other vendors, was search the bridal websites and find who got the best ratings and best reviews. In this unique case, she was a friend of a... Read More friend who came highly recommended. I was a little skeptical at first but I said "hey, let's check out her website and give her a shot!" After looking at her website I could tell she had a good eye. I liked her style and really liked the pictures she had posted. I really and truly had a good feeling about it. So at that point my fiancé and I decided to move forward and sign the contract. With all that said, it was one of the best decisions I made. The pictures came out fabulous and even better then I expected! The poses she recommended were great, the lighting, her ideas, it really surprised me and blew me away. She was very helpful throughout the whole process, answering any questions I may have and planning the wedding day hour by hour. She really cared about making our day special and wanting my fiancé and I to be happy. I give Carly, two thumbs up and an A+!!

Awesome Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 1/20/2014 Sophie S

I hired Carly for my December 7th wedding and she was the best decision I ever made! I think that photographs are all you have to remember your wedding day by so choosing a quality photographer is important. Carly is just that! She is super talented and and we are so glad to... Read More have found her. She captured our wedding beautifully and was very easy to work with. :) I would recommend her to any bride out there!

we love carly!

Reviewed on 12/02/2013

Carly and Josh were the perfect duo to take our wedding photos. I had a very clear vision for what I wanted, and they executed it perfectly. We used NYC as a backdrop, and the photos came out exceptional. Our friends and family have remarked that our photos are truly the most... Read More beautiful many have ever seen. Carly is unobtrusive and was a pleasure to work with. We can't wait to use her again for many more of our life milestones. Thank you, Carly!

Fantastic Experience, Great Photos

Reviewed on 8/20/2015

Carly was awesome, not only did she manage everyone efficiently so we got the most pictures and everyone in order, the quality of the photos were terrific! She helped manage a group of groomsmen who were not being as cooperative as they could have been (because alcohol) while... Read More making sure that my wife and I got all the pictures that we had discussed and managed to capture some great unrehearsed poses and moments that made the night. The quality of the photos was just amazing, on top of which, Carly turned over pictures as soon as they were ready, keeping a constant stream coming immediately after the wedding. We received all of the pictures right after we got back from our honeymoon which was a surprise as I hadn't honestly expected them for at least another month based on others experiences. I could not more highly recommend Carly, you will not be disappointed.

2015-08-24T08:21:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you! it was a pleasure working with you both :)

great photographer

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

Carly was a wonderful wedding photographer : she was reliable, kind, thoughtful. when circumstances changed all our plans, she was patient and flexible. the photos are incredible ! cannot recommend her highly enough. Teresa C

Carly Michelle Photography

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Jackie L

As the groom, Carly did a great job of communicating with us before the event. We met for coffee and she talked us through what we wanted, and what she envisioned. On the day of the wedding Carly, and her assistant, Kim, were amazing. (Kim even put all the boutonnieres on me and... Read More all of my groomsmen because we were clueless). Her professionalism on the wedding day was great. We have seen limited pictures thus far (because the wedding was just a week ago), but she has already sent us some, which are amazing! I highly recommend Carly.

Carly is awesome

Reviewed on 7/09/2015

Carly photographed our wedding in May in Groton, MA and did an amazing job. The pictures are gorgeous, and she truly captured the spirit of the day. Working with Carly was seamless, too. She captured all of the moments that we asked her to, and then some, and most of the time... Read More we didn't even know she was there! I'd recommend her highly to anyone looking for an amazing photographer. We will treasure her pictures forever.

2015-07-09T09:08:48 Response from the vendor

Had such a wonderful time at your Wedding. Wishing you nothing but happiness and love

Thrilled with our wedding pictures!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Morgan G

You should choose Carly Michelle Photography if: -You are ecstatically in love and would like to capture every ounce of happiness and beauty on your wedding day -You want to look handsome/gorgeous in your photos -You want your friends and family to be thrilled with how they... Read More look in your pictures... so much so that they make them their cover photos, profile pictures, and iPhone backgrounds -You want your favorite photos of the night to be captured like a flipbook so that you feel like you are experiencing them again somehow every time you look through them -You want to be in love with so many pictures that you have no idea which ones to get printed -You want to have calm energy around you on your wedding day and to feel completely natural during the picture session (I don't even remember taking half the formals because it was so quick and easy) -You want pictures that are elegant, artistically stunning, and timeless, but also capture the goofy ridiculousness of your reception and all of your loved ones personalities. Our photos are perfect and we couldn't be happier. Thanks to Carly for having an eye for style and grace and bringing those qualities to our day. We feel very lucky to have found you.

2015-07-09T09:09:20 Response from the vendor

Wow thank you so much! Had so much fun photographing your special day!

Gorgeous Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Joanna S

I absolutely recommend Carly as a wedding photographer if you are looking for clean, classic, light-filled photos. Carly is an artist and gets truly beautiful images. Many other photographers I researched played around with funky camera angles, focus and filters- creating images... Read More that look like they just try too hard and come off tacky. Every image Carly takes seems effortless and she has true talent extracting beauty using light and surrounding colors. Carly far exceeded my expectations on my wedding day – arriving early, coming prepared with must have photos, giving advice while getting ready, pinning boutonnieres on the groomsmen – I was so grateful for everything and her help that day more than reinforced my decision to choose her! The only thing I would have done differently throughout the whole process is that I felt like we were both a bit unorganized with engagement session planning - but overall I would 100% say that Carly was one of the best decisions I made regarding my wedding!! My husband and I truly treasure our wedding photos.

Could NOT be happier! Obsessed with my wedding photos!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Sasha K

Not only is Carly extremely talented but she is also super professional, kind, fun and most importantly on your wedding day, extremely calm. I received my photos within 3 weeks of my wedding fully edited and they are truly gorgeous. She got every photo I had requested in my... Read More formal list and more. She captured the beautiful flowers, the amazing decor and the fun dance party, not to mention the photos of our bridal party make me smile every time I look at them. Going into my wedding the one thing I was sure of (besides of course marrying my amazing husband) was that Carly's photos would be perfect and she definitely delivered. So grateful and happy!

2015-06-27T10:18:27 Response from the vendor

So happy to have been part of your very special day!!

Great candid pictures!

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Rebecca Q

Carly was the photographer our elopement in mid-May 2015. I was nervous at the beginning about having to stay posed for pictures and the general awkwardness of being the center of attention. Within minutes of working with Carly, I could tell there was nothing to worry about.... Read More Carly had us do a few posed shots, which we couldn't hold for long before the giggles set in, but she somehow managed to capture that one moment where we looked amazing! We never felt like her camera was being obtrusive. When we got our gallery, we were surprised by all the angles that Carly got of us saying our vows because I didn't even notice her moving around at the time. Carly was fun to work with and we are glad that we chose her as our photographer.

2015-06-14T16:09:36 Response from the vendor

Couldn't be happier for the two of you! Enjoy married life and may you have endless years of happiness. Xo

Wedding Photography 10/2014

Reviewed on 12/21/2014 Erin B

My husband and I worked with Carly for our October 2014 wedding. We spent a lot of time looking around for a photographer that could capture the beauty of our Boston wedding. I knew the pictures from our wedding were going to be the most important part for me, so I really wanted... Read More to be sure we made the right choice! We were thrilled once we came across Carly's website, and I knew she was someone I wanted to work with as soon as we spoke on the phone. She made the planning process for our engagement photos and wedding photos so easy and effortless, and always made a point to capture the kinds of images we wanted. Plus, her work was great in two totally different settings (at the beach for our engagement pictures and in the heart of Boston for our wedding). We felt totally comfortable with her the whole time and none of the photos felt forced or awkward. Our families also loved working with her for our formal photos and everyone is so happy with the results! We are so happy we worked with Carly and would definitely recommend her to any bride or groom, no matter what the setting of your wedding!

Perfectly captured our day

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Carolyn F

Carly was the best from the start! We began with our engagement shoot which I hadn't even been 100% excited to do (feeling not so photogenic my whole life) but Carly convinced us to go ahead and spend an hour with her in front of the camera.... We were not disappointed!! The... Read More engagement photos were absolutely beautiful which made us even more excited for the big day! Leading up to the wedding Carly kept in touch and once the big day came around it honestly felt seamless having Carly there taking photos! She captured every must have photo that we wanted and much more than we could have imagined. Our photos were edited and gallery was ready within 4 weeks, with lovely sneak peeks posted along the way as we waited for the full gallery. We have so many gorgeous photos to perfectly remember all the best memories from the most important day of our lives. I cannot recommend Carly Michelle Photography enough!

Fantastic Photographer

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Megan P

Carly was beyond amazing. She was incredibly personable and professional. I was immediately impressed with her during our first conversation. There was no question as to whether or not we should pick her. Her photographers are gorgeous and we've received so many compliments. You... Read More would be crazy not to go with Carly. You won't regret it!

Amazing

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Jenn O

Carly was amazing. Our venue was not set up when she got there so she took pictures around the venue as the girls were running late. She took pictures of everything I had asked for and more. I received my pictures a little after two weeks and the contact stated 4-6 weeks. That... Read More was a GREAT SURPRISE. I am very happy with our pictures and would absolutely recommend her to anyone and everyone. I am happy I will be able to share all my pictures with everyone.

A true talent

Reviewed on 9/20/2014 Megan G

Carly is amazing, hands down. Photography was one of the most important elements to me on my wedding day as I knew I would not be able to replay my wedding day by memory alone. On that day, she produced really classic, timeless photos which was really the essence we were... Read More trying to capture at our wedding. I really can't sing her praises enough!! In the months before hand, she was the most responsive, flexible, and detailed vendor I hired. As a person, she is a really calm and organized individual who has a very clear vision and philosophy. Carly has a great energy any bride would want around her on her wedding day! Carly, Nick and I are forever grateful! xo

Awesome lakeside photos

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Chrisalis G

Carly does amazing work! She shot our wedding at the Shaphire Estates in Massachusetts, where there was a lake across the street. She captured the most beautiful frames of us there. She is also the sweetest person and really patient.

Simply amazing!

Reviewed on 8/23/2014 Sara F

Carly was so wonderful to work with. She came to me recommended by an old friend, and as soon as I saw her work and talked with her, I knew she was the one. Carly worked with us at our rehearsal dinner and wedding, and she was flexible, kind, creative and calming. She... Read More went above and beyond as a photographer. When things were hectic, she was stable and quick on her feet. Our venue was a bit unique and she was able to create such beautiful images from something that could've been challenging. She was able to capture our spirits seemingly effortlessly. As soon as we got the images, all my mom and I could say was "Obsessed." We are all still raving about the pictures and thankful that we invested in Carly's work. Our friends and family also keep commenting on how unique and wonderful the pictures are. In a nutshell, if Carly's available on your day, book her!!! We can't wait to use her in other important events in our life.

more than a photographer

Reviewed on 8/21/2014 aimee f

I feel really fortunate that Carly was available to photograph our small wedding. She was a calming presence throughout the day and always ready to help beyond the camera. She had great suggestions for our rainy day wedding and was a pro when it came to dealing with... Read More personalities and directing people for the formal shots. Carly captured all the happiness and emotion of the day and produced some really beautiful pictures that I know we will love forever! Carly, thank you again for everything! xoxo

Fantastic Photographer and Amazing Photos

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Karen T

My husband and I are so thrilled with the photographs that Carly took at our wedding! She captured the day perfectly- from the details of the food, decor, each special moment to the amazing sunlight behind us. She was very flexible and accommodating, and photographed our... Read More wedding non-intrusively and professionally. Carly got our pictures back to us so quickly and we are absolutely in love with them. I would highly recommend Carly for your special day.

Blown Away - Simply Stunning Photos!

Reviewed on 4/30/2014

Carly and Josh photographed our intimate spring wedding at my childhood home in NJ - I could not be happier with their work! Carly really captured the feel of our day perfectly. Not to mention she was so sweet and a lot of fun to work with! I could not be more thrilled to have... Read More her be part of our special day. The photos are simply stunning, and I can't wait to have Carly capture future "big moments" in our new life together! xx

Awesome Service & Amazing Photographer!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Emily f

Carly was amazing all around! She took the time to come to the venue, which was my parents home and get a feel for the area and a vision of what the wedding day would be like! She was SO fast in completing and sending us the photos, which was so important to us! It was important... Read More to me that we keep the formal pictures quick and that we have some time to enjoy ourselves immediately after the ceremony. She totally understood and was very accommodating! Carly is quick to respond, and dealt with my many emails and changes of the "picture list", etc. I am so happy with the quality of our photos- I feel like she really captured our day and now I have beautiful photos to relive the memories!!!

Great Vision

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Daniella L

I want to keep this review short & sweet. I could go on forever about how happy we were with our engagement & wedding photos. Carly has an incredible eye and captured the true essence of our intimate Vermont wedding. The outcome was amazing! I would recommend her to anyone.... Read More Even my husband (who hates being photographed) was inspired by her work. We will cherish our photos forever!

Fantastic Fall Shoot with Carly!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Danielle L

My fiance and I had such a wonderful experience with Carly during our shoot. We chose to have our session take place at the Old North Bridge in Concord, MA where we had originally wanted to have our wedding. However, it just didn't work within our budget and we chose to have... Read More our wedding in Sherborn, MA. My fiance grew up near Concord and we also had one of our first dates canoeing down the Concord River with a picnic at the Old North Bridge, so the location held many happy memories for he and us both. Carly was amazing and she made us feel so comfortable - we pretty much forgot she was even there and just couldn't keep our eyes off of each other, which made for many natural shots. We would recommend her to anyone - she is professional, accommodating and fun to work with, Once we received our photos we loved every one of them and decided to proceed in booking Carly to be a part of our wedding day. We can't wait for our next session. Thank you Carly!!!

beautiful shots

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Marissa G

Carly took my engagement photos and they were absolutely breathtaking. She was even able to get my dog to cooperate in the shoot! My fiance and I looked so in love - and these are photos that I will always treasure. Carly was such a joy to work with. Her bubbly personality... Read More and utter professionalism make her the perfect photographer. I will absolutely work with her again.

TO Carly Michelle Photography