Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Chicago Suburbs & Chicago (847) 920-4437

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Josie M

After searching the internet for hours trying to find a make-up artist that not only was available for my wedding date but also that fit my style, I made the absolute best decision having Carly do my makeup as well as my bridesmaids makeup! She was so kind, just like talking and... Read More hanging out with one of my really great friends! She was also very flexible! I really wanted a bold red lip for my wedding day and she helped make that happen and coordinate it with the rest of the look. I had many bridesmaids that last minute decided on makeup and she was willing to add and change her schedule many times to make that happen! Carly was the greatest decision because she completely makes you look glamorous without going overboard, she highlights everything about you that makes you naturally beautiful! Looking back on the pictures from that day, I am so happy I found Carly - she was fabulous!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Josie M

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Allie M

Hiring Carly was a great decision! She took her time to get to know my personal makeup style and what I was looking for on the wedding day. I loved the way the makeup turned out - I felt like my most beautiful self! The makeup felt like and natural and lasted all night!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Tamra C

120% happy with how Carly made me look and feel. From the very start, Carly built a relationship with me to understand what I was looking for. She is very engaged with her clients, making sure everything is perfect and you look and feel good. I can't say enough how happy I was... Read More on my wedding day because of Carly! It was a privilege to work with her and her assistant. Any bride or bridesmaid, please reach out to her, she is simply amazing!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Jacqueline H

Wow! Carly is simply the best! I cannot say enough good things about her. She is absolutely amazing at what she does. I was very nervous about booking a makeup artist because I didn’t want to look too overdone for my wedding day. Carly is so understanding and really listens... Read More to what her clients want. Carly was able to put lashes on my maid of honor who usually absolutely hates to wear lashes, and my maid of honor fell in love with them! She is so professional and comes fully prepared for each and every makeup application. Carly works well with other wedding vendors and is in tune with what they are looking for. Carly also gave me suggestions for other vendors such as spray tan and hair! Carly created my schedule for hair and makeup so I didn’t have to worry the day of my wedding. My whole bridal party fell in love with Carly. She just fit right in and made us all feel so comfortable. It is like we have known Carly for a long time and she is one of our closest friends! I was so lucky to work with Carly three times and all three times I loved my looks! I’m so sad my wedding is over! I look forward to working with Carly again!!!

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Margaret G

I truly can not say enough wonderful things about Carly. I don't wear a ton of makeup in my day-to-day life, and when I've had my make up done professionally in the past, the artist seemed to over-do it and I ended up feeling like I didn't look like myself. During my trial,... Read More Carly was so patient with me and really took the time to listen and understand what my style was and how I wanted my personality to be reflected through my makeup on my wedding day. Since I don't wear a lot of makeup, I really didn't have any clue about the different types of product or the application process. During my trial she explained exactly what she was doing and the products she was using. It was really interesting! Dealing with logistics and planning with Carly was also a breeze. She was prompt and professional, answering all my emails and questions, she took time to confirm the details in the days leading up to the wedding, and was a complete sweet heart on top of it. I'm not sure what it is about her, but she just has one of those personalities that makes you feel like you've known her for years. The day of my wedding I was so nervous while waiting for my turn to get my hair and makeup done, but once I got in her chair, her kind and friendly demeanor made me feel so relaxed. I knew I was in good hands!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Karolina B

Chicago brides, your search is over!! Hiring Carly was the best decision I could have made to feel and look beautiful on my wedding day. She was the most professional and sweetest vendor we had the privilege of working with. Having her over at my house for the makeup trial was... Read More like having my best friend over! She is excellent at what she does and to top it off, she is just the sweetest person! Everyone in our bridal party from my bridesmaids to grandma felt like a million bucks!! Thank you for everything Carly!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Hilary S

I met Carly when she did the makeup for my sister's wedding in October 2015. I had just gotten engaged a week prior, so it was serendipitous timing, for sure! Once we booked our date my very next email was to Carly, because I just knew she would go fast. Lucky me, planning... Read More ahead paid off! She was fantastic at my sister's wedding, but I only experienced it as an MOH - as a Bride, she is THE choice for makeup! She is easy to communicate with, whether email or text, and she is happy to provide suggestions and referrals if needed. Scheduling my trial was simple and easy, she is willing to come to you and willing to show up as early as needed. The trail was my favorite part - we got to talk one-on-one, a normal conversation, but she was able to casually work makeup and beauty into it in order to create my best look. I showed her a picture of one of my favorite makeup days, and she was able to create the perfect wedding day look from it, adding little embellishments and making changes to "level up," but the key thing is I still looked like me! I also love how we became friends in a sense, she took time to get to know me, my fiance, our story, and even asked how my sister was doing after her wedding - a year later! She helped create a morning-of schedule that fit well with the hair stylists, and is well aware of actual time needed, helping us stay on timeline and even finish a bit early! I don't know if I will ever need makeup done for another event, but if I do, Carly is my girl! After being a bridesmaid 7 times before my own wedding, and experiencing at least 4 other MUAs, I suggest her to everyone in need, because I truly feel there is no one better.

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Lindsey L

Carly is so wonderful to work with. From the start, she was attentive and kind. We locked down a trial day and she lugged her chair, kit, and light up my three flights of stairs and got to work. She focused on how I normally do my makeup and what I would be comfortable with on... Read More my wedding day. She made sure to stay true to how I wanted to feel and look. On the day of the wedding, she was right on time, and super flexible with the timeline. My wedding makeup was perfect. It was lasting, natural, and exactly what we had planned on. She was so calm and positive too which was nice on such an anxious morning! I loved working with Carly and so did all of my bridesmaids! I will be happy to recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist.

Reviewed on 12/27/2016

I highly recommend Carly! She is easy to work with and extremely talented! I did a trial with Carly for my engagement photos and before I saw the pictures, I immediately booked her for my wedding day because she was amazing! She took into consideration what I wanted for my look... Read More and we were able to create the perfect bridal look together! She is so sweet and made me feel so comfortable as well! She is also very trustworthy and prompt! She highly recommended the airbrush makeup because it shows up so well in pictures and it sure does! It also feels very light on your skin! She also did makeup for my bridal party as well and everyone looked stunning! If you haven't found anyone for your wedding day or special occasion yet, look no further! Carly is a superb makeup artist!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Megan B

The most important part of my wedding was making sure my vendors were the best! I can't say enough times that Carly truly was THE BEST! She wants you and your bridesmaids to feel completely comfortable with your makeup. Carly was so patient and accommodating to my sister an MOH,... Read More who is the pickiest ever with her makeup ;). Her work is natural and beautiful. I had 8 single bridesmaids who she will be very busy over the next few years at their weddings I think!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Samantha S

From the moment I met Carly, I knew she was going to be the perfect fit for me to do my makeup for my wedding. She is not pushy, and works with you to come up with a look you will absolutely love. She took the time to get to know me before my trial, and how I normally wear my... Read More makeup. I do not tend to wear a ton of makeup, and wanted to look like myself on my wedding day. I could not have asked for more. I felt beautiful inside and out. She also did my bridesmaids makeup, and they looked fantastic. She even took the time before she left, to provide any touch ups, or color changes my bridesmaids requested, and even did a little something for my flower girls. She was timely, honest, and everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend. Thanks Carly for a wonderful day!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Abigail M

I can't even begin to say enough amazing things about Carly. She was absolutely wonderful, from her organization to her want to get to know each of her brides is amazing! I had no worries about anything within 2 minutes of meeting Carly. As I don't wear a ton of makeup on a... Read More daily basis this made me nervous to have a makeup artist for my wedding day. But Carly put all those fears away. My makeup was flawless, natural, and just an enhanced version of myself. Again I cannot say enough good things about her, she is an amazing person with a wonderful gift! Thank you so much for everything Carly!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Emily P

I had such a great experience working with Carly to do my wedding makeup! She was so professional, sweet, and easy to work with. As soon as I saw her work on her website, I knew she would be the perfect person to do my wedding makeup because I love the natural looks she does. I... Read More have always been so picky when I get my makeup done because I never have felt like myself in the past, with Carly doing my makeup I felt 100% like me and absolutely gorgeous. She was so accommodating and was willing to do my trial super early on a Sunday morning so that I could wear the look to my bridal shower. I felt so confident going into the wedding day because she made me feel so comfortable and listened to every little detail I had wanted, my makeup was perfect and I am so thankful I found Carly to do my makeup! Highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Danielle B

Carly is not only amazingly organized and wonderful to work with, she made me feel so beautiful and confident on the wedding day and with our trial! She really listens to what her client wants and knows how to enhance your natural beauty. I am someone who doesn't wear a ton of... Read More makeup and I wanted to look like myself on my wedding day. Carly made me into a better version of myself! I would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Lisa D

If your makeup is important to you.. hire Carly! She is a doll... very easy to work with and sweeter than pie! My makeup turned out perfect for the big day. All my bridesmaids looked beautiful and they all loved the look Carly created for them. She knows how to showcase the... Read More best of you... weather more natural or more cover if needed. Of all the vendors you have to pick.. this one is an easy decision!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Sarah S

I couldn't agree more with everyone else's reviews, Carly is the best! It's so important to have someone as talented and friendly as Carly doing the makeup for your wedding or any other special day. She made the whole process so easy and stress-free. At the trial, I could tell... Read More she knew all of the products well because she explained each one to me and what it would do before she applied it, which made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. For both the trial and the wedding, my makeup was flawless for the rest of the day and night - I probably could have slept in it and woken up with my makeup looking just as good as when she applied it. Carly seemed genuinely happy and excited for me when she showed up before the wedding. She gave me the beautiful long lashes I always wished for, but most importantly, she made me feel beautiful! I also couldn't tell you how appreciative I was that she mixed a personalized lipstick/gloss that I could apply throughout the rest of the day. I'm extremely happy I went with Carly. I would recommend her to anybody.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Dana R

I cannot say enough how happy I am that I chose Carly as my makeup artist for my wedding. Talk about a match made in heaven! I went to her house for my bridal preview and we clicked right away. I felt so comfortable and knew I could be honest about what I wanted. I went home... Read More knowing I chose the right person to be there with me on the most important day of my life. On the day of the wedding, she did not disappoint! She showed up early to set up, and somehow managed to stick to the very tight schedule that I gave her. Every single person who had their makeup done by her (bridesmaids and mothers) absolutely loved the final product. She was able to incorporate their personal style while still making it fit with the style of the wedding. As for my own makeup, she couldn’t have done a better job. I knew she typically did more natural makeup, which is what I wanted for my skin, but we wanted to accentuate my eyes. In the preview, we started minimal and worked our way up to the perfect look that I envisioned. She took before and after pictures and sent them to me so I would have them. I’ll admit, I looked at them an embarrassing amount between the preview and the wedding day. She just did such a good job! I was reminded all over again how amazing she was when I saw the wedding photographs. She made my makeup look flawless the entire day and night (I never had to reapply) and I will cherish the pictures forever. You will be so happy if you choose Carly to do your makeup on your wedding day. And, like me, you will be sad when your wedding is over that you don’t get to work with her anymore!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Katie P

Carly was truly amazing! I had the most wonderful experience working with her for my summer wedding. She is extremely professional and I remember being blown away by all the helpful information she shared even in our first email exchange. My mom and I absolutely loved our trial... Read More makeup and we got along with Carly right away. She welcomed any feedback and spent the time to make sure our looks were exactly how we hoped. Choosing a natural look was one of the best decisions I made and Carly executed it so flawlessly. I had a large bridal party but it was no problem for Carly and the second artist who accompanied her. All of my bridesmaids were so happy with their makeup and it was a terrific way to start the day. I also wanted to note how remarkably patient Carly is - my family has a Golden Retriever who has an odd obsession with watching people do their makeup, and he sat right next to Carly the entire time for the trial and day-of! We tried to keep him away but he was just mesmerized and Carly didn't mind one bit - we all found it pretty hilarious. I can't say enough good things about Carly and I am grateful that I found her!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Chelsea H

Carly was a godsend. Another reviewer mentioned that she has a calming presence, and that's absolutely the case. She is extremely professional but friendly, relaxed, well put-together and an amazing makeup artist! I don't wear a lot of makeup and didn't want to take a drastic... Read More turn towards diva-glam on my wedding so that my new husband didn't even recognize me. After a terrible trial experience with another well-rated Chicago makeup group (who powered on the gold eyeshadow and HUGE fake lashes), I thankfully found Carly who understands what the "natural look" actual means, and pulls it off in a beautiful, understated and polished way. My trial with her was utter perfection. She was extremely patient, answered all my questions, and even let me see the difference between airbrush and traditional foundation on my skin (all for traditional!). She walked me through what she was doing and why, and I came out of it not only feeling beautiful, but also understanding makeup more! The day of my wedding went the same way, and all the bridemaids had beautiful makeup as well. THANK YOU Carly!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Megan S

I cannot imagine a better makeup experience than the one I had with Carly for my wedding! Carly totally understood the "natural but polished" look I really wanted, and she asked lots of helpful questions to ensure that I ended up with exactly the kind of makeup I wanted. I was... Read More beyond thrilled with the result, and really felt beautiful. Carly also did makeup for my mom, my sisters, and several other bridesmaids, and all of those ladies have told me afterwards that they loved working with her (and they looked gorgeous)! In addition to all that, Carly was very prompt, organized, and had a calming presence that was definitely appreciated on my wedding morning. :) Thank you so much, Carly!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Paige G

I came across Carly's website as I was looking for a makeup artist for our wedding, and I was instantly drawn to her hands-on approach and open communication style! She worked with me every step of the way to make sure we found the look that best suited me and all of my... Read More bridesmaids. She was so great about follow-up and flexibility, and we were so happy to have her as part of our special day!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Angie V

I was fortunate enough to find Carly through a coworker who got married a couple years before me - it was crunch time, I did a couple make up trials and wasn't happy with what the oher people were doing, and I figured it would be ok because my coworker and I have similair... Read More styles. I booked her without even doing a trial, and I cannot believe how lucky I was! Not only is Carly a brilliant make up artist, but her calm, easy going demeanor helped to keep my bitterflies from getting too crazy on the day of my wedding. Not knowing much about make up, but knowing how I wanted to look was not a barrier at all for Carly - the way she led me through the make up trial made it so easy to verbalize what I was looking for, and her tips combined to help make the best wedding day make up! My husband loved the overall look, but especially her customized lip color - What a sweet touch that she mixed up some extra and gave it to me so I could reapply it during the wedding. I cannot say enough about Carly - she truly cares about her brides and does such an amazing job, not only making them look beautiful, but making them feel beautiful as well. Thank you Carly, for making my wedding a little more special!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Michelle S

I am so happy that I chose Carly to do my makeup on my wedding day (she did the bridesmaids and moms as well). I wanted a look that enhanced my natural beauty and Carly delivered perfectly. She is so sweet and so professional and happy to answer any questions. I'm thrilled... Read More with how I looked and felt on the wedding day, especially since it hit 90 degrees for our outdoor wedding and Carly somehow made sure I didn't sweat my makeup off at all! Couldn't be happier with Carly's work and she was a delight to have with us as we got ready.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 J a

Carly completed the makeup for myself and my bridesmaids for my recent wedding, and she did an amazing job on all of us. Her attitude is so positive and her work really shows how much talent she has. Working with her was such a treat - everything was so professional and timely.... Read More I would highly recommend Carly!