Carlyle on the Green

Farmingdale, NY

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Expect The Extraordinary

Carlyle on the Green combines the richness of Long Island's glorious heritage with the finest service and ambiance offered in today's modern times. Dine and rejoice in the magnificent Grand Conservatory Ballroom overlooking the world famous Bethpage Black course.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Country Club, Park, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

99 Quaker Meeting House Rd, Farmingdale, NY

My dream came true!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Amanda V

Planning a wedding is no doubt stressful. I grew up on Long Island and so it was most likely going to take place there, but so many of the venues felt too gaudy for my taste, or had already been done by friends or family. A good friend recommended we check out Carlyle on the... Read More Green and I'm so glad she did. I can't thank Sue and the whole staff enough for everything they did to make our day so wonderful -- and not just the day, the entire planning. My family is incredibly picky about food and service, so that was one of our concerns and believe me when I say we were not let down. All our guests raved (and are still raving weeks later!) about the amazing food and wonderful service. And speaking of service, Janet, the bridal attendant is out of this world wonderful. She was there for me the entire evening fixing my lip gloss, getting me and my husband drinks, I mean BEYOND wonderful. I can't thank you enough Carlyle on the Green -- I wish we could do it all over again.

No words can express...

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Laura M

Unreal how amazing this place is. I believed everyone who told me great things about this venue, but now I am that person PREACHING to every other bride out there that this is one of the best wedding venues ...EVER. Janet was THE ULTIMATE BEST bridal attendant, hands down. I... Read More say this because I have many friends who have gotten married and when I explained Janet (and when they saw her during the wedding), my friends couldn't get enough. This woman cares for you as if you are her own DAUGHTER and UNDERSTANDS you like she's known you for years. AMAZING. We worked with Sue throughout the entire process and this woman deserves a Nobel Prize. She's incredible beyond belief and it just goes to show her amazingness by having us book with Carlyle - we saw 26 venues in LI and not one of them made us feel as good as the Carlyle. The food, the service, the reception, the ceremony....it's just all perfection and I wish I could do it all again. Thank you, Carlyle, for the best day of my life.

Best Day of My Life

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kristen S

In addition to being gorgeous, Carlyle on the Green employs the most helpful, patient and caring staff ever. Elyse assisted me in planning my big day from day one and Janet & Monty made sure the reception went perfectly smoothly. Literally everyone who attended our wedding has... Read More been raving about it for weeks. Everything was amazing, but the food was the biggest hit. My favorite part was the very end of the night, when the staff set out plates of dessert for my new husband and I to enjoy by ourselves after all of our guests had left. The truly make sure the bride and groom enjoy their reception -- which is something so many people told me I wouldn't do. If I could do it over, I'd pick Carlyle again in a heart beat!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Jennifer R

Carlyle is the best! The staff is wonderful and the food is phenomenal. They really pull out all the stops. I wanted a wedding that was classy and elegant and the decor at Carlyle truly fit my needs. My husband and I went mini golfing on our first date so we felt it was... Read More fitting to get married on a golf course. We got a gorgeous day which made the outdoor cocktail hour and pictures that much better. They even let us go out onto the black course for some pictures! My friends and family are still raving about our wedding a year later! I've been there for other functions as well and they never disappoint.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Lindsay C

Carlyle was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! Throughout the entire process Sue was answered every email, phone call, question with a smile and helped us with everything! The night of- the food, the drinks, the atmosphere, the staff- unbelievable! Janet and Jonathan were the perfect... Read More maitre-de and bridal attendant. I didn't have to ask for ANYTHING! Everyone loved every minute of it. I can't say enough good things. Thank you for making my wedding the true night of my dreams!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Julie L

There are simply no words for how fabulous our experience was at Carlyle on the Green. From our first appointment to the end of the reception, everything was perfect. Brittany was our banquet manager and made sure every detail was executed exactly how we envisioned it. She was... Read More organized, professional, and listened to what we wanted and what was important to us on our big day. She went above and beyond to make us happy. We have been receiving non-stop compliments on how beautiful the venue was, how impressive the food tasted, and how impeccable the service was. The bridal attendant, Janet and maitre'd John bent over backwards all night for us. It would be foolish to book a wedding anywhere else on Long Island.

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

I don't even know where to begin!! As mother of the bride, you dream of throwing the most beautiful day possible for your "little girl", and begin to plan with baited breath! Once we arrived to look at the Carlyle on the Green, met Elyse,( and then later Brittany) my concerns... Read More were allayed, and calm and then joy, and excitement began to overtake me... I knew instantly that this was the right place!! It far surpassed even my grandest dreams, as EVERYTHING was just perfect. First of all, and this is a very critical piece when planning a wedding, Elyse and Brittany, the beautiful young women that we worked with, were spectacular in EVERY way... they couldn't have been sweeter, more competent professionals, who took care of anything we addressed them with. Elyse,( eventually moved and has a wonderful business doing wedding invitations... by far the MOST GORGEOUS you will find: ECR Designs) and Brittany took over through to the wedding day... they are both beautiful, wonderful young women , who are as sweet as they are talented... and that's saying A LOT!! They were a dream to work with. Brittany saw to every detail, and made certain to show sincere enthusiasm, as we would discuss, time and again, all of the particulars... we would go in for a meeting and feel like we visited with dear friends!! You will be very blessed to work with them!! To the specifics of the Carlyle itself.... the place is gorgeous!! The cocktail hour overlooking the golf course, was indeed breathtaking... I would suggest, if you can, to lengthen the cocktail hour, as you don't want to leave it... it's such a gorgeous location...AND THE FOOD... unbelievable!!! (make sure to include the lamb chops!!) EVERYONE raved!!!! I had heard about how great the food was, but I wasn't prepared for how amazing it was... our only regret was that it wasn't longer. The Bridal attendant Janet, was amazing, too... she didn't miss a beat and made everything better, from putting my lipstick on for me, to pinning my dress, to making sure I ate something... and she was my daughter's attendant!! The parent attendant, Negassi, was also wonderful, as was the maitre' d'.... all wonderful, personable and professional... everyone commented about the service, as well! We also chose to have an after party... another highlight of the evening... it was so beautifully executed... the lights outside, tables decorated, and (we chose) Calypso/Raggae band... I felt as though I was on vacation.... again, I just wish it lasted longer!! If you are thinking about going to see the Carlyle on the Green... DO NOT HESITATE FOR ONE SECOND!!!! I promise you, will will be VERY GLAD that you did!!!

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Kathleen Q

I got married at the Carlyle at the end of January and there is not enough amazing things to say. The wedding was everything my husband and I dreamed of from start to finish. The staff was amazing. We got SO many compliments on the food, all of our guests only had amazing things... Read More to say. Janet was my bridal consultant and SHE IS THE BEST. Literally the best, she had everything I needed/wanted before I even thought of it. Kept me fed, drink in hand and fresh lipstick the whole night. She also fixed one of my bridesmaids dresses when it ripped open. If you can request her, do it!!! I highly recommend having your wedding or any event here, I don't have enough good things to say!

Reviewed on 3/04/2016

We couldn't be happier with our wedding. Carlyle was amazing. They took care of our every need and made sure that every last detail was exactly to our specifications. Our guests had so much fun and many of them have stated it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to. Sue was... Read More a complete godsend and a pleasure to work with. Our Maitre'd and bridal attendant were always there with a drink, or to lend us a hand. You would be crazy not to get married at Carlyle on the Green.

Reviewed on 1/23/2016

My husband and I couldn’t have been happier with our daughter’s and son in law’s wedding in December 2015, at Carlyle On the Green in Farmingdale; from the food, to the atmosphere, to the wedding attendants and especially Susan Perugini, our planner. Susan made the whole process... Read More of planning a wedding easy, stress free and even fun; from the original introduction to the venue, to selecting all the food and extras to the final minutes before the actual ceremony. Carlyle On the Green is exquisite, inviting and cozy. The horderves during cocktail hour were scrumptious, and the staff couldn’t have been be more attentive. We highly recommend at Carlyle On the Green to anyone who is looking to create lasting and beautiful memories.

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Dan S

The venue itself is beautiful, we got married at the end of April but unfortunately last year the winter dragged on so the grounds weren't fully in bloom. Janet was super attentive and made my wife's night much easier. Cynthia was great. The food was amazing from what our... Read More guests told us. We don't really remember eating anything as it was a blur. I wish they were negotiable on the price, it was on the higher side, but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Meaghan R

My husband and I cannot thank the Carlyle staff enough for making our day absolutely perfect. We had been told for months not to get caught up in anything that goes wrong the day of the wedding, let other people handle it, and to enjoy the day. I wouldn't say this applied to... Read More any part of our wedding as there was not a single thing that went wrong. Our guests raved about the food, the flow of the wedding, the service, and the venue's ambiance. Sue helped us plan from start to finish. She gave me recommendations (many of which I used) and made sure I was staying on top of booking other vendors during my nine-month engagement. She also was genuinely interested in getting to know us as a couple. She remembered details about us and was so thoughtful each time we met with her. Jonathan was unbelievable. He worked seamlessly with the florist, DJ, and staff to make sure that my large 300+ group were seated, served, and enjoying themselves! Janet - wow! I had no idea how helpful having a bridal attendant would be. I even told Sue I probably didn't need her for our first look, we would just be taking some pictures at Carlyle before the church. I was wrong. Janet came right before I left for Church and fixed my dress, my hair, my lipstick, and made sure I was good to go. For the remainder of the day, anytime I looked she was there for me with water, chapstick, cubes of cheese, and even flip flops after I finally gave in to taking off my shoes. I can't say enough good things about her. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm so grateful to everyone at Carlyle on the Green for making our day so incredible. I'm hoping many of my friends and family will take my advice and book their future weddings there - I'd love to enjoy one as a guest soon!

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Sarah C

Words cannot describe how amazing The Carlyle is for a wedding. From start to finish they take care of everything. Beginning with Cynthia's meticulous planning and ending with impeccable service from Jonathan (Maitre D) and Lauren (Bridal Attendant). They all made my husband and... Read More I feel spoiled and taken care of like we were the king and queen. I highly recommend using this venue if you want the best of the best, a beautiful outdoor ceremony (the indoor option is terrific as well) and elegance in every way. It's not going to be cheap but it's not over the top expensive either. I have not hear one bad thing from any of my guests and they all rave it was the best wedding they ever been to. Check out the venue for yourselves - it can't be beat. Sarah - 8/1/15

Reviewed on 7/09/2015

Worst ever is an understatement! I was lied to and deceived. My event was held on a very hot evening in May and the air conditioners were broken. When I expressed concern about the temperature a few days before my event, I was told by my planner, Sue, that not all the zones were... Read More on and that they were all working. When I arrived at the Carlyle on the day of my event it was broiling inside. I was told by Jonathan and my attendant Pat, that my venders are leaving the doors open and as soon as the venders leave the place will cool down. My attendant, shuffled me off for pictures, wherein I was assured that the ballroom was nice and cool and everything was fine. All lies, my attendant claimed that she was lied to as well. Air conditioners were broken! Carlyle knew about it, Jonathan knew about it and nothing was done to rectify the situation. My event turned into a chaotic nightmare. People became ill and needed to be iced down, my DJ’s equipment over heated, and most people ended up leaving early. Everyone including the wait staff were sweltering. With a few guest still present, Carlyle was quick to pack all the food that wasn’t served along with my personal items and leave it at the door. So to top off this nightmare, I had some valuable items missing. Carlyle, you should be ashamed of your despicable behavior and you’re deceitful business practices.

Amazing Service!

Reviewed on 4/02/2015 Danielle L

My husband and I got married at Carlyle on the Green in March 2015 and had an amazing experience. Every staff member at the venue, from the Bridal Attendant to the Maitre' D to the individual waiters and bartenders, took amazing care of us. Every small request we made (i.e.... Read More someone was nut free or someone doesn't drink alcohol and would prefer sparkling water on the table) was handled seamlessly. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Dana

There are not enough great words to say about Carlyle on the Green. My whole experience from beginning to end was amazing. Sue was my representative and walked my now husband and I through everything and even provided her expert advice. It was one of the most amazing days of my... Read More life, everyone raved about how delicious the food was, the spot on service, and the incredible bar selection. The day went by so fast, but was more than anything my husband and I could ask for. We had beautiful weather and although we had to miss our cocktail hour, our bridal attendant, Lauren, always made sure we had a drink in our hand, food in the bridal suite, and a full plate of each course during the dinner, not to miss out on anything. She was also on standby with a fanny-pack of supplies from lip-gloss to band-aids and even flip flops for me at the end! The venue is gorgeous, you are the only wedding there which is something my husband and I really wanted and you were treated like royalty. It was such an amazing day and everything went smoothly thanks to the professional, well-talented people at the Carlyle.

Unforgettable Wedding Day at Carlyle on the Green

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Sarah W

Words cannot express how amazing Carlyle on the Green was for our wedding! The venue is stunning, the food (kosher - and same price as non-kosher menu) was incredible, and our contact person Sue was so helpful and responsive throughout the entire process. Janet, the bridal... Read More attendant, was incredible - besides being such a lovely person to spend the day with, she kept us hydrated, well fed, came to the dance floor to change my shoes, and toweled us off with ice water when we got hot. Our maitre d was okay, it didn't seem like he had done a jewish wedding before which slowed down the rehearsal and caused our wedding to start a few minutes late as he did not direct the necessary people to the ketubah signing. Our guests were raving throughout the day about how gorgeous the venue was and how delicious everything was that they ate. We also really enjoyed the Jamaican band at our after party and would highly recommend this as a way to decompress and end the evening. We would recommend Carlyle on the Green to anyone in a heartbeat!

The Best Decision We Made!!

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Erin B

I got married at Carlyle on the Green on 8/15/14 and it was everything I dreamed of and more. The venue itself is beautiful, but it goes far beyond that. The staff is excellent. Cynthia was amazing and so easy to work with. All of her recommendations for vendors, food choices,... Read More etc. were on point. She answered all of our questions and was extremely helpful throughout the planning process. There were no worries the day of the wedding. I don't know if I can put into words how awesome the bridal attendant, Janet, is. She is the most wonderful person I have ever met. She was so well prepared and made sure I had everything I needed. She was so attentive. I can't thank her enough. My guests are still raving about the Carlyle. They said the service was impeccable and the food was amazing! Choosing the Carlyle as our ceremony/reception venue was the best decision we ever made!!

Beyond Amazing

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Trisha B

The level of service exceeded every expectation I could have had! The food was out of this world and my guests couldn't stop gushing about the whole experience! Sue (our coordinator) was a huge help in setting everything up and responded to every question I had along the way in... Read More a swift and meaningful manner. Janet, my bridal attendant, was so attentive and on top of everything that I was completely blown away by how well I was treated and looked after. The whole experience was top notch and I would recommend them to anyone/everyone I could!

Amazing experience

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Stephanie C

The staff at Carlyle on the Green are simply amazing. They are kind, caring, professional, flexible and responsive. I booked with Sue P. She was my main point of contact and I always felt like I was her priority. I know she probably has dozens of other brides but she never shows... Read More it. She went out of her way to book Tee times for my parents! Everyone from the maître d (Jonathan) to my lovely bridal attendant (who held ice cubes wrapped in white silk on my back when I looked hot!) was attentive and absolutely wonderful. I would recommend this venue to anyone. The food was the major hit at the wedding. My guests are still raving about it!

Beautiful location, great food, close to perfect

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Tara R

Carlyle on the Green is GORGEOUS! I couldn't imagine a more perfect venue for our wedding. I loved the hominess of the coctail hour and the reception hall is windowed on all sides with a huge dance floor. Food is wonderful. Service is mostly great. I just can't give it 5... Read More stars because they didn't deliver everything the promised. Some of the food we were given didn't coincide with what we picked for cocktail hour. They promised us no one would be able to walk through our reception and they left the door to the restauarnt wide open with people coming through (took several conversations to get this corrected). Waiter service was either spectacular or dismal. Some guests said it was the best service they ever had while others said they never saw their server. In general, these things were minimal and we loved our wedding, but the fact is they oversold a little.

The Most Beautiful Day of Our Lives

Reviewed on 1/11/2014 Neha K

The Carlyle was the last venue we saw in our search and it was worth every penny! Cynthia was amazing! Janet my Bridal attendant was always making sure my family and I were comfortable. Everyone was always respectful, available and very professional. Being a bride that is super... Read More busy with work, Cynthia always knew how to keep me at ease and made sure my vision was executed perfectly. I am from a small town in upstate NY and wanted to recreate an elegant affair with the surroundings of natural beauty. I got everything I ever dreamed of and my guests were delighted. The venue has only 1 wedding at a time and every room is beautiful, so I didn't even mind if I had rain on my wedding day and had to go inside--luckily the weather was perfect! I highly reccommend it to everyone.

Worst services ever

Reviewed on 9/07/2013

The worst service ever! Our planner was very full of herself, dismissive and made tons of mistakes on the wedding day!!! The menu that we picked and tasted was changed without consulting us and we ended up getting chicken while paid for filet mignon. When we contacted the... Read More catering after the wedding, they hang up on us. I would NOT recommend their service!!!! And please don't fall for everything that they promise--you will NOT get half of it!!!

The best!

Reviewed on 8/15/2013 Heather T

I don't even know where to begin! Carlyle is amazing, besides the beautiful venue and amazing food, the staff is awesome. From start to finish Cynthia was so accommodating. She even came to see us the day of the wedding! Monty and Janet had everything covered, they were... Read More constantly getting us food and drinks without us even asking. Janet is prepared for everything- she sewed on my husband's button in two seconds while we were taking pictures! They all gave us an unbelievably perfect day... I definitely recommend the after hours- it gave us another hour to party and dance! Thank you Carlyle for everything:)

Loved it!

Reviewed on 7/12/2013 Radhika V

While this place is a drive from our wedding venue and a bit expensive, it was worth it. Sue and the entire staff was so accommodating. I also have never met a bridal attendant, like Janet, who has been so helpful! She literally was reapplying my lipstick for me throughout the... Read More night! and brought me and my husband food when she saw that we didn't have a second to breathe!