Carlyle on the Green

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located in Farmingdale, New York, Carlyle on the Green is a country club wedding venue that's brimming with Long Island heritage. As a restored English-style manor, it provides an effortlessly elegant location for a fairytale wedding. As a venue that prizes fine service standards while offering a modern ambiance, it's ideal for happy couples that are seeking opulence for their wedding day. With features such as marble fireplaces and panoramic views of a well-maintained golf course, this venue has an exclusive feel to it.

Carlyle on the Green has an array of light and open environments which happy couples can use to craft a magical theme. With outdoor and indoor wedding locations available, newlyweds-to-be can make the most of the following spaces.

The Conservatory. With windows that practically span the length of the room and a view that overlooks the golf course, the Conservatory is a light and open space for whimsical-style nuptials. Situated outside the conservatory is a terrace, where guests can soak up the sun or socialize in the moonlight.

The Ballroom. Couples seeking a ballroom wedding can enjoy first dances on hardwood flooring, delicate mood lighting, windows that stretch from floor to ceiling and stunning white drapes. Happy couples can also use this space for their ceremony.

Indoor Ceremony Space. Complete with magnolia walls, wood flooring and shuttered windows, the indoor ceremony space has a classic countryside feel to it. As the bride can walk down the aisle on a white carpet, this location has a fairytale feel to it.

Outdoor Ceremony Space. With luscious green lawns and trees that frame the setting, the outdoor ceremony space has a naturally beautiful feel when the sun is shining.

Couples that want to book Carlye on the Green for their wedding must pay a deposit and the full balance is due 14 days before the day itself. Tax and a 22 percent service charge are additional to all advertised prices. The venue has in-house event planners and it offers a list of recommended vendors for flowers, photography, transport and other wedding essentials.

Carlyle on the Green has in-house catering that blends traditional dishes with modern twists. Examples of the food available includes quesadillas, cold crab and avocado salad, crab cakes, broiled shrimp with sea scallops and caramel apple blossom.

With plenty of open spaces benefiting from large windows that allow for lots of natural lighting, Carlyle on the Green has a great setting for beautiful wedding photos. Other extra perks include the following.

• Views of a world-famous Bethpage Black golf course
  • Wedding photographs on the golf course
  • An exclusive one event per day policy
  • Persian rugs for unique photographs
  • Horseback riding lessons available

For golf lovers, country club fanatics and fans of opulence alike, Carlyle on the Green is an enticing wedding location.

Expect The Extraordinary

Carlyle on the Green combines the richness of Long Island's glorious heritage with the finest service and ambiance offered in today's modern times. Dine and rejoice in the magnificent Grand Conservatory Ballroom overlooking the world famous Bethpage Black course.

Ballroom, Country Club, Park, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

99 Quaker Meeting House Rd, Farmingdale, NY (516) 501-9700

My dream came true!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Amanda V

Planning a wedding is no doubt stressful. I grew up on Long Island and so it was most likely going to take place there, but so many of the venues felt too gaudy for my taste, or had already been done by friends or family. A good friend recommended we check out Carlyle on the... Read More Green and I'm so glad she did. I can't thank Sue and the whole staff enough for everything they did to make our day so wonderful -- and not just the day, the entire planning. My family is incredibly picky about food and service, so that was one of our concerns and believe me when I say we were not let down. All our guests raved (and are still raving weeks later!) about the amazing food and wonderful service. And speaking of service, Janet, the bridal attendant is out of this world wonderful. She was there for me the entire evening fixing my lip gloss, getting me and my husband drinks, I mean BEYOND wonderful. I can't thank you enough Carlyle on the Green -- I wish we could do it all over again.

No words can express...

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Laura M

Unreal how amazing this place is. I believed everyone who told me great things about this venue, but now I am that person PREACHING to every other bride out there that this is one of the best wedding venues ...EVER. Janet was THE ULTIMATE BEST bridal attendant, hands down. I... Read More say this because I have many friends who have gotten married and when I explained Janet (and when they saw her during the wedding), my friends couldn't get enough. This woman cares for you as if you are her own DAUGHTER and UNDERSTANDS you like she's known you for years. AMAZING. We worked with Sue throughout the entire process and this woman deserves a Nobel Prize. She's incredible beyond belief and it just goes to show her amazingness by having us book with Carlyle - we saw 26 venues in LI and not one of them made us feel as good as the Carlyle. The food, the service, the reception, the ceremony....it's just all perfection and I wish I could do it all again. Thank you, Carlyle, for the best day of my life.

Best Day of My Life

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kristen S

In addition to being gorgeous, Carlyle on the Green employs the most helpful, patient and caring staff ever. Elyse assisted me in planning my big day from day one and Janet & Monty made sure the reception went perfectly smoothly. Literally everyone who attended our wedding has... Read More been raving about it for weeks. Everything was amazing, but the food was the biggest hit. My favorite part was the very end of the night, when the staff set out plates of dessert for my new husband and I to enjoy by ourselves after all of our guests had left. The truly make sure the bride and groom enjoy their reception -- which is something so many people told me I wouldn't do. If I could do it over, I'd pick Carlyle again in a heart beat!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Alex S

My parents had begged us to look at Carlyle on the Green because they had attended a wedding there in 2001 that they deemed the best wedding they'd ever been to. The minute you enter Carlyle's property its different from most other Long Island venues. You are welcomed onto the... Read More property by a long tree lined driveway ending at a cobblestone path to the entrance. We were immediately greeted and within the next few minutes we met Cynthia. Cynthia had showed us around and then sat with us to go over logistics. They have a 200 person minimum on Saturday nights but were willingly to work with us and our 180 person guest list. After leaving we could not get Carlyle out of our heads. We booked easily through email and kept in touch with Cynthia for any questions we had throughout the time leading up to our wedding. As the day got closer we had a food tasting that made it hard to pick just one of each dish. Everything was so delicious, perfectly cooked and presented. At our menu appointment Cynthia steered us in the right direction of what exactly to pick without being over bearing or pushy. When the day came as we pulled up it felt like Jonathan, our maitre d, and Janet, our bridal attendant, were waiting for us outside. It had just started to drizzle and Janet was there holding my dress and an umbrella. As we took pictures in the ceremony room there was a spread of food to keep us comfortable and drinks were plentiful. Janet and Jonathan did anything and everything to make our day spectacular. Janet always had a drink waiting for me followed by a glass of water to keep my hydrated. She also took the duty of taking me to the bathroom when I needed. Jonathan kept everything running smoothly all night and was never far from sight. My husband and I were never without a drink. Janet was behind me with bobby pins, my lipstick, safety pins for my bustle, and even a fan she attached to her phone. As cocktail hour started my husband and I were able to enjoy a sample of everything there was in our bridal suite and then spent the rest of the time with our guests. Our guests are still raving about the food from cocktail hour to their entrée. We had chosen the short rib as our beef option and EVERYONE raved about it. Cynthia had put together everything we had wanted and more. There was not one thing missing. The wait staff is plentiful, with one waiter per table with white glove service. All the entrees came out at once. During the cocktail hour a waiter had asked my father if there was anything he needed, he had mentioned he hadn't seen the baby lamb chops pass. Moments later the waiter had a plate full of the lamb chops and set my dad up with a napkin and a table. Carlyle is definitely top notch, there is not one bad thing to say about our experience with them. With their price being more per plate than most Long Island venues in the area it is worth every penny. We've had so many guests compliment our wedding, and it was most certainly the best day of our lives and Carlyle is to thank for part of that!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Alyson P

Just had our dream wedding here Saturday night. From start to finish working with Brittany was a joy! I can honestly say I was a stress free and calm bride and it was all because I knew I was in the best hands. The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious, and the staff is... Read More exceptional. Can we just talk about Janet my bridal attendant for a second? I miss you Janet!!! This woman made sure I was attended to all day/night. This venue is expensive but totally worth it! Thank you Carlyle for the best day of our lives. Our guests cannot stop saying wonderful things and asking if we can do it all over again. I would definitely recommend this venue for all occasions - we are hoping we know someone who is going to have an event there in the future bc we are itching to get back! Sad it's over but so happy it happened. Book Carlyle you won't be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 TANYA G

Carlyle On The Green was absolutely perfect for our daytime, fall wedding party! My family and I loved the authentic, "real" decor (wood floors, moldings, metal light fixtures, etc) of the entire Carlyle venue. The grounds outside are great backdrops for photos. The food was... Read More delicious (we opted for a brunch/lunch buffet given our 1-5pm time frame) and the maître d' and rest of the wait staff were so, so welcoming and attentive. The planning process, which my parents and I handled with Brittany, was also a breeze. Everything went off without a hitch! I can't recommend them enough! FYI - Given our party size of 112 people, we opted for the smaller Lenox Room (as opposed to the larger banquet hall-also gorgeous!) and we absolutely loved it! With 10 large oval tables and a dance floor, it fit our needs perfectly.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Brianne C

Everything was perfect! Ambiance, food, staff, the flow of the night etc. Their was not one hiccup. Aside from the weather I had that day, I couldn't have my indoor/outdoor cocktail hour so all my stations for for cocktail were scattered but that was the least of my worries. My... Read More bridal attendant went above and beyond for me. The room was gorgeous! All of my stressful planning was worth every minute of my wedding day! I was so happy with everything.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Claudine J

There are not enough words to express how extremely happy I am with the wonderful and amazing service that I received from Carlyle on the Green on my wedding day. The service was stellar, the venue stunning and the food and drink delicious. My family and friends could not stop... Read More talking about how wonderful everything was. Our bridal attendant for the day Janet was beyond awesome. She was always there to assist me, made sure my husband and I were eating and having a great time and always popped up at the right time to reapply my lipstick for pictures. Jason our maitre d was so on top of things and worked well with our DJ and MC to help the night flow smoothly. Leading up to our wedding day I worked with Sue to iron out all the details and she was always there to assist and quick to answer all of my questions. I felt so at ease going into my wedding day and I knew our family and friends would have an awesome time. My wedding was absolutely perfect and Carlyle on the Green and its staff played a large role in that.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Christina S

Carlyle On The Green did an amazing job with our wedding. Cynthia was there from the very beginning to help us with every single detail, make suggestions and reassure us that the day would go smoothly. Our bridal attendant, Janet, was so attentive - we loved her! We are... Read More beyond happy that we chose a place that is so passionate about what they do.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 evelyn g

Our wedding day wouldn't have been the same without Janet and Johnathan and the Carlyle staff. They went above and beyond to make my day absolutely beautiful and we cannot thank them enough. Special thanks to the banquet manager, Brittney who did a fantastic job coordinating... Read More everything. The staff really made us feel like we were on top of the world, not only on our wedding day but throughout the planning experience. The food was fantastic, cocktail hour was a hit and our guests have been raving about it every since. I wouldn't change a single thing if I were to plan all over again, this was such a fantastic venue. Highly recommend to future bride and grooms.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Suzie C

Looking back at our entire wedding experience we are so thankful that we booked with Carlyle on the Green. We really felt that we could trust them to run the show on the day of and they did just that. We would not have had it any other way. We would say that everything was just... Read More about perfect. Some of the highlights were the food, after-hours, Janet, Cynthia and Jonathan, and of course the gorgeous rooms and grounds. The only thing we were somewhat unhappy with was the late start time of our ceremony The start time was rather late due to the fact that there was an afternoon wedding that did not end until 5 or 5:30 pm.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Suzie C

. Looking back on our entire experience we are so thankful that we booked with you. We really felt that we could trust you to run the show on the day of and you did just that. We would not have had it any other way, so thank you again for everything. We would say that... Read More everything was just about perfect. Some of the highlights

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Jennifer R

Carlyle is the best! The staff is wonderful and the food is phenomenal. They really pull out all the stops. I wanted a wedding that was classy and elegant and the decor at Carlyle truly fit my needs. My husband and I went mini golfing on our first date so we felt it was... Read More fitting to get married on a golf course. We got a gorgeous day which made the outdoor cocktail hour and pictures that much better. They even let us go out onto the black course for some pictures! My friends and family are still raving about our wedding a year later! I've been there for other functions as well and they never disappoint.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Lindsay C

Carlyle was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! Throughout the entire process Sue was answered every email, phone call, question with a smile and helped us with everything! The night of- the food, the drinks, the atmosphere, the staff- unbelievable! Janet and Jonathan were the perfect... Read More maitre-de and bridal attendant. I didn't have to ask for ANYTHING! Everyone loved every minute of it. I can't say enough good things. Thank you for making my wedding the true night of my dreams!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Julie L

There are simply no words for how fabulous our experience was at Carlyle on the Green. From our first appointment to the end of the reception, everything was perfect. Brittany was our banquet manager and made sure every detail was executed exactly how we envisioned it. She was... Read More organized, professional, and listened to what we wanted and what was important to us on our big day. She went above and beyond to make us happy. We have been receiving non-stop compliments on how beautiful the venue was, how impressive the food tasted, and how impeccable the service was. The bridal attendant, Janet and maitre'd John bent over backwards all night for us. It would be foolish to book a wedding anywhere else on Long Island.

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

I don't even know where to begin!! As mother of the bride, you dream of throwing the most beautiful day possible for your "little girl", and begin to plan with baited breath! Once we arrived to look at the Carlyle on the Green, met Elyse,( and then later Brittany) my concerns... Read More were allayed, and calm and then joy, and excitement began to overtake me... I knew instantly that this was the right place!! It far surpassed even my grandest dreams, as EVERYTHING was just perfect. First of all, and this is a very critical piece when planning a wedding, Elyse and Brittany, the beautiful young women that we worked with, were spectacular in EVERY way... they couldn't have been sweeter, more competent professionals, who took care of anything we addressed them with. Elyse,( eventually moved and has a wonderful business doing wedding invitations... by far the MOST GORGEOUS you will find: ECR Designs) and Brittany took over through to the wedding day... they are both beautiful, wonderful young women , who are as sweet as they are talented... and that's saying A LOT!! They were a dream to work with. Brittany saw to every detail, and made certain to show sincere enthusiasm, as we would discuss, time and again, all of the particulars... we would go in for a meeting and feel like we visited with dear friends!! You will be very blessed to work with them!! To the specifics of the Carlyle itself.... the place is gorgeous!! The cocktail hour overlooking the golf course, was indeed breathtaking... I would suggest, if you can, to lengthen the cocktail hour, as you don't want to leave it... it's such a gorgeous location...AND THE FOOD... unbelievable!!! (make sure to include the lamb chops!!) EVERYONE raved!!!! I had heard about how great the food was, but I wasn't prepared for how amazing it was... our only regret was that it wasn't longer. The Bridal attendant Janet, was amazing, too... she didn't miss a beat and made everything better, from putting my lipstick on for me, to pinning my dress, to making sure I ate something... and she was my daughter's attendant!! The parent attendant, Negassi, was also wonderful, as was the maitre' d'.... all wonderful, personable and professional... everyone commented about the service, as well! We also chose to have an after party... another highlight of the evening... it was so beautifully executed... the lights outside, tables decorated, and (we chose) Calypso/Raggae band... I felt as though I was on vacation.... again, I just wish it lasted longer!! If you are thinking about going to see the Carlyle on the Green... DO NOT HESITATE FOR ONE SECOND!!!! I promise you, will will be VERY GLAD that you did!!!

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Kathleen Q

I got married at the Carlyle at the end of January and there is not enough amazing things to say. The wedding was everything my husband and I dreamed of from start to finish. The staff was amazing. We got SO many compliments on the food, all of our guests only had amazing things... Read More to say. Janet was my bridal consultant and SHE IS THE BEST. Literally the best, she had everything I needed/wanted before I even thought of it. Kept me fed, drink in hand and fresh lipstick the whole night. She also fixed one of my bridesmaids dresses when it ripped open. If you can request her, do it!!! I highly recommend having your wedding or any event here, I don't have enough good things to say!

Reviewed on 3/04/2016

We couldn't be happier with our wedding. Carlyle was amazing. They took care of our every need and made sure that every last detail was exactly to our specifications. Our guests had so much fun and many of them have stated it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to. Sue was... Read More a complete godsend and a pleasure to work with. Our Maitre'd and bridal attendant were always there with a drink, or to lend us a hand. You would be crazy not to get married at Carlyle on the Green.

Reviewed on 1/23/2016

My husband and I couldn’t have been happier with our daughter’s and son in law’s wedding in December 2015, at Carlyle On the Green in Farmingdale; from the food, to the atmosphere, to the wedding attendants and especially Susan Perugini, our planner. Susan made the whole process... Read More of planning a wedding easy, stress free and even fun; from the original introduction to the venue, to selecting all the food and extras to the final minutes before the actual ceremony. Carlyle On the Green is exquisite, inviting and cozy. The horderves during cocktail hour were scrumptious, and the staff couldn’t have been be more attentive. We highly recommend at Carlyle On the Green to anyone who is looking to create lasting and beautiful memories.

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Dan S

The venue itself is beautiful, we got married at the end of April but unfortunately last year the winter dragged on so the grounds weren't fully in bloom. Janet was super attentive and made my wife's night much easier. Cynthia was great. The food was amazing from what our... Read More guests told us. We don't really remember eating anything as it was a blur. I wish they were negotiable on the price, it was on the higher side, but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Meaghan R

My husband and I cannot thank the Carlyle staff enough for making our day absolutely perfect. We had been told for months not to get caught up in anything that goes wrong the day of the wedding, let other people handle it, and to enjoy the day. I wouldn't say this applied to... Read More any part of our wedding as there was not a single thing that went wrong. Our guests raved about the food, the flow of the wedding, the service, and the venue's ambiance. Sue helped us plan from start to finish. She gave me recommendations (many of which I used) and made sure I was staying on top of booking other vendors during my nine-month engagement. She also was genuinely interested in getting to know us as a couple. She remembered details about us and was so thoughtful each time we met with her. Jonathan was unbelievable. He worked seamlessly with the florist, DJ, and staff to make sure that my large 300+ group were seated, served, and enjoying themselves! Janet - wow! I had no idea how helpful having a bridal attendant would be. I even told Sue I probably didn't need her for our first look, we would just be taking some pictures at Carlyle before the church. I was wrong. Janet came right before I left for Church and fixed my dress, my hair, my lipstick, and made sure I was good to go. For the remainder of the day, anytime I looked she was there for me with water, chapstick, cubes of cheese, and even flip flops after I finally gave in to taking off my shoes. I can't say enough good things about her. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm so grateful to everyone at Carlyle on the Green for making our day so incredible. I'm hoping many of my friends and family will take my advice and book their future weddings there - I'd love to enjoy one as a guest soon!

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Sarah C

Words cannot describe how amazing The Carlyle is for a wedding. From start to finish they take care of everything. Beginning with Cynthia's meticulous planning and ending with impeccable service from Jonathan (Maitre D) and Lauren (Bridal Attendant). They all made my husband and... Read More I feel spoiled and taken care of like we were the king and queen. I highly recommend using this venue if you want the best of the best, a beautiful outdoor ceremony (the indoor option is terrific as well) and elegance in every way. It's not going to be cheap but it's not over the top expensive either. I have not hear one bad thing from any of my guests and they all rave it was the best wedding they ever been to. Check out the venue for yourselves - it can't be beat. Sarah - 8/1/15

Reviewed on 7/09/2015

Worst ever is an understatement! I was lied to and deceived. My event was held on a very hot evening in May and the air conditioners were broken. When I expressed concern about the temperature a few days before my event, I was told by my planner, Sue, that not all the zones were... Read More on and that they were all working. When I arrived at the Carlyle on the day of my event it was broiling inside. I was told by Jonathan and my attendant Pat, that my venders are leaving the doors open and as soon as the venders leave the place will cool down. My attendant, shuffled me off for pictures, wherein I was assured that the ballroom was nice and cool and everything was fine. All lies, my attendant claimed that she was lied to as well. Air conditioners were broken! Carlyle knew about it, Jonathan knew about it and nothing was done to rectify the situation. My event turned into a chaotic nightmare. People became ill and needed to be iced down, my DJ’s equipment over heated, and most people ended up leaving early. Everyone including the wait staff were sweltering. With a few guest still present, Carlyle was quick to pack all the food that wasn’t served along with my personal items and leave it at the door. So to top off this nightmare, I had some valuable items missing. Carlyle, you should be ashamed of your despicable behavior and you’re deceitful business practices.

Amazing Service!

Reviewed on 4/02/2015 Danielle L

My husband and I got married at Carlyle on the Green in March 2015 and had an amazing experience. Every staff member at the venue, from the Bridal Attendant to the Maitre' D to the individual waiters and bartenders, took amazing care of us. Every small request we made (i.e.... Read More someone was nut free or someone doesn't drink alcohol and would prefer sparkling water on the table) was handled seamlessly. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Dana

There are not enough great words to say about Carlyle on the Green. My whole experience from beginning to end was amazing. Sue was my representative and walked my now husband and I through everything and even provided her expert advice. It was one of the most amazing days of my... Read More life, everyone raved about how delicious the food was, the spot on service, and the incredible bar selection. The day went by so fast, but was more than anything my husband and I could ask for. We had beautiful weather and although we had to miss our cocktail hour, our bridal attendant, Lauren, always made sure we had a drink in our hand, food in the bridal suite, and a full plate of each course during the dinner, not to miss out on anything. She was also on standby with a fanny-pack of supplies from lip-gloss to band-aids and even flip flops for me at the end! The venue is gorgeous, you are the only wedding there which is something my husband and I really wanted and you were treated like royalty. It was such an amazing day and everything went smoothly thanks to the professional, well-talented people at the Carlyle.