Carlyle on the Water at the Venetian Yacht Club

Babylon, NY

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Expect the Extrodinary

The Venetian Yacht Club is a premier Long Island waterfront wedding destination, located in Babylon, New York. It offers modern designs accentuated by sleek finishes for an elegant classic look. Magnificent windows provide gorgeous views of the Great South Bay. The outdoor deck is an ideal spot for an outdoor ceremony. It overlooks the water and is set with elegant outdoor furniture to make you ceremony memorable.

Ballroom, Country Club, Park, Restaurant

WEBSITE TWITTER INSTAGRAM
PINTEREST

My dream came true!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Amanda V

Planning a wedding is no doubt stressful. I grew up on Long Island and so it was most likely going to take place there, but so many of the venues felt too gaudy for my taste, or had already been done by friends or family. A good friend recommended we check out Carlyle on the... Read More Green and I'm so glad she did. I can't thank Sue and the whole staff enough for everything they did to make our day so wonderful -- and not just the day, the entire planning. My family is incredibly picky about food and service, so that was one of our concerns and believe me when I say we were not let down. All our guests raved (and are still raving weeks later!) about the amazing food and wonderful service. And speaking of service, Janet, the bridal attendant is out of this world wonderful. She was there for me the entire evening fixing my lip gloss, getting me and my husband drinks, I mean BEYOND wonderful. I can't thank you enough Carlyle on the Green -- I wish we could do it all over again.

No words can express...

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Laura M

Unreal how amazing this place is. I believed everyone who told me great things about this venue, but now I am that person PREACHING to every other bride out there that this is one of the best wedding venues ...EVER. Janet was THE ULTIMATE BEST bridal attendant, hands down. I... Read More say this because I have many friends who have gotten married and when I explained Janet (and when they saw her during the wedding), my friends couldn't get enough. This woman cares for you as if you are her own DAUGHTER and UNDERSTANDS you like she's known you for years. AMAZING. We worked with Sue throughout the entire process and this woman deserves a Nobel Prize. She's incredible beyond belief and it just goes to show her amazingness by having us book with Carlyle - we saw 26 venues in LI and not one of them made us feel as good as the Carlyle. The food, the service, the reception, the ceremony....it's just all perfection and I wish I could do it all again. Thank you, Carlyle, for the best day of my life.

Best Day of My Life

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kristen S

In addition to being gorgeous, Carlyle on the Green employs the most helpful, patient and caring staff ever. Elyse assisted me in planning my big day from day one and Janet & Monty made sure the reception went perfectly smoothly. Literally everyone who attended our wedding has... Read More been raving about it for weeks. Everything was amazing, but the food was the biggest hit. My favorite part was the very end of the night, when the staff set out plates of dessert for my new husband and I to enjoy by ourselves after all of our guests had left. The truly make sure the bride and groom enjoy their reception -- which is something so many people told me I wouldn't do. If I could do it over, I'd pick Carlyle again in a heart beat!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Leah M

CYNTHIA CYNTHIA CYNTHIA! I booked Carlyle on the Green on 6/16/17 and my wedding was 4 months later on 10/22/17. There is not a chance I would've been able to pull it all off without Cynthia's assistance and guidance. She and her staff at COTG were all amazing to work with.... Read More Whether I was having issues with different vendors or my nerves were getting the best of me, Cynthia was always available (including her days off) to talk or text to calm me down and get me through the small window of planning time I had. She gave me her truthful opinion when I asked her, offered assistance with certain tasks that needed to be done and referred different vendors when I was not happy with my choices. She genuinely cares about her clients and wants you to have the best day of your life. Working with Cynthia was seamless and I wish I could do it all over again. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention my bridal attendant, JANET. Janet was a god sent on my wedding day. She acted as bodyguard, caretaker, super hero- words cannot describe how amazing she was. She sewed my dress when there was a rip in it, she applied my lip gloss 1000 times, helped me in and out of my dress probably 10 times (my back was killing me and I needed to lay on the floor to stretch,) she took pictures of us on my phone while we were with the photographers, and made sure we were well fed the whole night. My entire family and bridal party couldn’t stop talking about how on top of everything she was.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Melanie T

I don’t even know where to begin . Cynthia made my wedding the BEST wedding ever. She went above and beyond my expectations ! Everything she recommended my guests were just amazed by. From the food choices to the planning , she knew Exactly how to handle every detail , making NO... Read More stress for me!!!! She is amazing at her job and so many people were asking who I worked with and I can say with pride CYNTHIA!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Corinne C

Carlyle on the Green was the perfect choice for our July 15 wedding! This was the first place my husband and I looked and nothing else compared. We wanted to get married on-site and this venue was gorgeous. Both their indoor and outdoor ceremony sites are beautiful. This was... Read More important to us as we were getting married in July and if the weather did not permit, we wanted an indoor ceremony site that was equally pretty. The layout of the ballroom is basically a rectangle so therefore there is not a bad seat in the house. No one will have a bad view, making table arrangements extremely easy. There is only one wedding at a time, making for a very personal experience. We only had 9 months to plan our wedding and our coordinator, Brittany, assured us that that was plenty of time and she would be with us every step of the way - and she was! Brittany was extremely organized and easy to get in contact with, even with the simplest of questions. She helped us with vendor recommendations that were all amazing. She recommended our DJ, officiant, calligrapher and photo booth. All were perfect! Brittany made sure that all of our questions were answered and concerns addressed. Our food tasting was incredible and gave us a great idea of what our guests would be experiencing the day of. Any requests one could possibly have, they can fulfill. Our 'week before' meeting was so organized and easy. Carlyle has everything down to a T! Our Maitre D, Jonathan was very professional and well seasoned, executing a beautiful day, making sure that everything ran smoothly and without anxiety. Janet, our bridal attendant was above and beyond. She was there for us every step of the way. I did not have to worry about anything. My brother forgot his tuxedo button studs. Janet's only question was "gold or silver" ! She even came on the dance floor to give me water through a straw and then touch up my lipstick!! Another nice touch that not all venues provide is that our parents also had personal attendants. It was great that they were given special attention as well. Our guests still have not stopped talking about our wedding. Many have said, "we've been to ALOT of weddings and this was by far the best." Our guests said when they were at their tables they felt like they were in a restaurant thats how good the service and food was. They said the cocktail hour was out of this world. The raw bar and caviar stations were a huge hit! We also opted for an after party. We were a little worried our guests wouldn't stay because it was late (1a-2a), but about half of our guests stayed and it was amazing. The food, the drinks and the cigars dipped in brandy! Two of my newly engaged friends told me they are going to book Carlyle because it was so incredible. We can't say enough good things about Carlyle and the team that worked with us. Thank you for making our wedding dreams come true !

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Andrea J

I had my wedding at Carlyle on the Green 7-30-17. What an incredible experience! From the time we booked our wedding to the day, after when we picked our stuff up, this venue exceeded every expectation. My guests are still RAVING about the food and beauty of the Carlyle. The... Read More sales staff, particularly Brittany, was SO helpful, patient and accommodating, and the event staff were ANGELS!! Jonathan and Janet were rockstar ninjas! They handled every single aspect of the wedding so 'stealth-fully' and with such perfection that it almost seemed like they were reading our minds. I could gush for hours about all the wonderful things that Brittany, Jonathan and Janet and everyone else at Carlyle on the Green did, but I still wouldn't be able to do it justice. I'd recommend this venue to the moon and beyond! Have your event here! You will NOT be disappointed...you will be floored by the perfection and ease. Thank you for making our wedding one of the most wonderful and pleasant experiences of my life. Xoxo ~Andrea & Evan

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Brittny

I cannot thank the professional staff at Carlyle on the Green enough. I got married there at the beginning of July and it was the perfect day. We planned for over a year and Brittany at Carlyle helped us through every step of the way - we couldn't have done it without her! The... Read More day of was flawless and Janet is the BEST bridal attendant - she was prepared for everything. And Jonathan was an amazing maitre d', everything was so organized and he made sure the day/night was going exactly how we wanted. I was so impressed by the staff and we received so my compliments about the amazing food, ambiance, etc. Thank you so much to Brittany and her team....we highly recommend Carlyle!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Dana M

My new husband and I would like to thank the staff at the Carlyle for going above and beyond to make our wedding day absolutely perfect. Our coordinator, Brittany, guided us every step of the way and helped to relieve all stress that naturally comes along with the wedding... Read More planning process. My bridal attendant Janet is Wonder Woman! She was beyond attentive and bustled my gown perfectly. When taking pictures on the green, my earring fell off and I lost the backing. Janet was prepared with an extra backing and saved the day! She would always make sure I was hydrated, well fed and kept my lipstick on her person to help with the occasional "freshening up". She was really unbelievable ! Our guests keep talking about how amazing our venue was and how delicious the cocktail hour was and the tenderness and size of the filet mignon (which most guests had) for the main course. The grounds are pristine. We had our ceremony outside on the premises and the weather did behave, but we chose the venue because it is beautiful both inside and out that we knew we would be happy regardless. A tip for potential Carlyle on the Green clients...definitely upgrade the desserts to the stations on the patio. The guests LOVED it! We definitely recommend this venue and we look forward to returning to the scene of our magical day at their restaurant Taste 99!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Deanna P

What can I say... my wedding venue was stunning. Everything was perfect. Every guest raved about the vintage feel of the mansion, beautiful landscape, the drinks, THE FOOD. Let me tell you, I am a serious foodie... the food was TOP NOTCH. My chef friends came up to me and... Read More told me they were blown away, people told me it the best food they have ever had at a wedding and a ton of my friends told me that they wished they got married at Carlyle because my wedding was better than there's! Now moving on to the staff. The staff was truly amazing. The entire time leading up to the wedding I dealt with one person only, Brittany B. In fact, she is what made my husband and I choose Carlyle. We saw many venues before going to Carlyle and are very picky. We wanted to deal with someone who would make this process as least stressful as possible. When we met Brittany we knew instantly what a gem she was. She was the most kind, considerate and helpful person we could have ever asked for. Especially in the weeks leading up to the wedding when we were shy of our minimum, Brit worked it out with us and helped out with pricing when I was freaking out that we were paying for guests that weren't going to be attending (most of our family is out of state). The day of the wedding, my bridal attendant Sam saved the day. Before my ceremony even started the top clip on my strapless dress broke and my dress was literally falling off (and I'm very busty) Sam was soooo patient with me while I was having a meltdown. She tried sewing my dress up (very difficult because of all the boning), taping me in, etc. The Maitre D's- both Jonathan's ran the show like a well oiled machine. They tracked the weather, coordinated with my vendors, they made me not have to worry about ANYTHING the day of the wedding. They made me laugh when I was stressing about my dress and are what every Maitre D' should be like. PLEASE trust me when I say Carlyle is where your dream wedding will take place!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Emily T

O M G. i just had my wedding there June 2, 2017. The experience that my husband and i had with Carlyle was like NO OTHER. We found them on the knot in 2016. it was the very first place we had looked at and after looking the rest of the day we decided to stop because of how much... Read More we loved Carlyle. Working with Brittany was a dream come true because i am very all over the place when it comes to big events and planning and she kept me on track. from the food to the tables, they have everything you need to coordinate your big day and guide you through it as well. Brittany was available whenever for any questions that we had and NEVER seemed annoyed or bothered. she truly was always there to help. The day of the wedding i was BLOWN AWAY. and it was so nice to come out of the limo and Brittany was right there to greet us and say congratulations. Our matre'd Janet was amazing. she kept my lipstick applied all night, she took pictures on my phone for me while we were taking pics with the photographer, and if my dress needed sewing she did it in two seconds. i had requested blue moon beer on tap and she just kept my glass full the entire night. anything i needed she was there. ANYTHING. that is just half of it!!! Jonathan the event coordinator for the night was amazing as well. He pumped up my bridal party before we went out to be announced, he kept my guests happy and was there for whatever my husband and I needed at all times. He always kept me aware of what was coming up next throughout the night. All of the staff have the most amazing personalities and i would do this 100 more times because of Brittany Janet and Jonathan. my guests were also telling me how awesome the waiters were during cocktail hour and during the reception. Food is to die for, and the hall is absolutely stunning. such a great place to have your wedding or any event!!!!!! love you all!!! thank you for making our special day perfect.

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Sarah P

Amazing!  From the moment we saw the Carlyle on the Green over a year ago we instantly fell in love.  The outdoor space is beautiful, the cocktail area is amazing and the ballroom is truly stunning.  The service from the moment we went to look at the Carlyle on the Green,... Read More through the months of planning and to the day of the wedding was impeccable throughout.  Brittany who worked with us through every step of the way was truly amazing, she was professional, extremely helpful, honest and prompt with all our questions.  She was always willing to help made the process so much fun! All of our guests complimented on such a lovely venue, remarkable staff and delicious food!  The bridal attendant and maitre de were flawless throughout the entire evening, very attentive and on point throughout. We highly recommend the Carlyle on the Green!! Regards, Sarah and Joseph

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Janice P

My son & our future daughter were married on March 10, 2017....what a beautiful, magical, spectacular day, every couples dream come true...there day from beginning to end was fantastic...from the beginning in the planning with Brittany, to the day of with Jonathan & his... Read More staff.....we were treated like royalty...the food was terrific, cocktail hour, dinner, dessert...was perfection....there was nothing they couldn't & wouldn't do for us....the bridal & groom suite buffet before the wedding was terrific...we want to thank Carlyl on the Green for every memory they gave us.....feel confident I will always sing your praises...again thank you for a special perfect day! ❤❤❤

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Gail B

Wow! What a wonderful experience. The staff is fabulous, the venue is beautiful and the food and drinks terrific! We especially loved Brittany Bettridge who made everything easy. What a pleasure.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Alex S

My parents had begged us to look at Carlyle on the Green because they had attended a wedding there in 2001 that they deemed the best wedding they'd ever been to. The minute you enter Carlyle's property its different from most other Long Island venues. You are welcomed onto the... Read More property by a long tree lined driveway ending at a cobblestone path to the entrance. We were immediately greeted and within the next few minutes we met Cynthia. Cynthia had showed us around and then sat with us to go over logistics. They have a 200 person minimum on Saturday nights but were willingly to work with us and our 180 person guest list. After leaving we could not get Carlyle out of our heads. We booked easily through email and kept in touch with Cynthia for any questions we had throughout the time leading up to our wedding. As the day got closer we had a food tasting that made it hard to pick just one of each dish. Everything was so delicious, perfectly cooked and presented. At our menu appointment Cynthia steered us in the right direction of what exactly to pick without being over bearing or pushy. When the day came as we pulled up it felt like Jonathan, our maitre d, and Janet, our bridal attendant, were waiting for us outside. It had just started to drizzle and Janet was there holding my dress and an umbrella. As we took pictures in the ceremony room there was a spread of food to keep us comfortable and drinks were plentiful. Janet and Jonathan did anything and everything to make our day spectacular. Janet always had a drink waiting for me followed by a glass of water to keep my hydrated. She also took the duty of taking me to the bathroom when I needed. Jonathan kept everything running smoothly all night and was never far from sight. My husband and I were never without a drink. Janet was behind me with bobby pins, my lipstick, safety pins for my bustle, and even a fan she attached to her phone. As cocktail hour started my husband and I were able to enjoy a sample of everything there was in our bridal suite and then spent the rest of the time with our guests. Our guests are still raving about the food from cocktail hour to their entrée. We had chosen the short rib as our beef option and EVERYONE raved about it. Cynthia had put together everything we had wanted and more. There was not one thing missing. The wait staff is plentiful, with one waiter per table with white glove service. All the entrees came out at once. During the cocktail hour a waiter had asked my father if there was anything he needed, he had mentioned he hadn't seen the baby lamb chops pass. Moments later the waiter had a plate full of the lamb chops and set my dad up with a napkin and a table. Carlyle is definitely top notch, there is not one bad thing to say about our experience with them. With their price being more per plate than most Long Island venues in the area it is worth every penny. We've had so many guests compliment our wedding, and it was most certainly the best day of our lives and Carlyle is to thank for part of that!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Alyson P

Just had our dream wedding here Saturday night. From start to finish working with Brittany was a joy! I can honestly say I was a stress free and calm bride and it was all because I knew I was in the best hands. The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious, and the staff is... Read More exceptional. Can we just talk about Janet my bridal attendant for a second? I miss you Janet!!! This woman made sure I was attended to all day/night. This venue is expensive but totally worth it! Thank you Carlyle for the best day of our lives. Our guests cannot stop saying wonderful things and asking if we can do it all over again. I would definitely recommend this venue for all occasions - we are hoping we know someone who is going to have an event there in the future bc we are itching to get back! Sad it's over but so happy it happened. Book Carlyle you won't be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 TANYA G

Carlyle On The Green was absolutely perfect for our daytime, fall wedding party! My family and I loved the authentic, "real" decor (wood floors, moldings, metal light fixtures, etc) of the entire Carlyle venue. The grounds outside are great backdrops for photos. The food was... Read More delicious (we opted for a brunch/lunch buffet given our 1-5pm time frame) and the maître d' and rest of the wait staff were so, so welcoming and attentive. The planning process, which my parents and I handled with Brittany, was also a breeze. Everything went off without a hitch! I can't recommend them enough! FYI - Given our party size of 112 people, we opted for the smaller Lenox Room (as opposed to the larger banquet hall-also gorgeous!) and we absolutely loved it! With 10 large oval tables and a dance floor, it fit our needs perfectly.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Brianne C

Everything was perfect! Ambiance, food, staff, the flow of the night etc. Their was not one hiccup. Aside from the weather I had that day, I couldn't have my indoor/outdoor cocktail hour so all my stations for for cocktail were scattered but that was the least of my worries. My... Read More bridal attendant went above and beyond for me. The room was gorgeous! All of my stressful planning was worth every minute of my wedding day! I was so happy with everything.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Claudine J

There are not enough words to express how extremely happy I am with the wonderful and amazing service that I received from Carlyle on the Green on my wedding day. The service was stellar, the venue stunning and the food and drink delicious. My family and friends could not stop... Read More talking about how wonderful everything was. Our bridal attendant for the day Janet was beyond awesome. She was always there to assist me, made sure my husband and I were eating and having a great time and always popped up at the right time to reapply my lipstick for pictures. Jason our maitre d was so on top of things and worked well with our DJ and MC to help the night flow smoothly. Leading up to our wedding day I worked with Sue to iron out all the details and she was always there to assist and quick to answer all of my questions. I felt so at ease going into my wedding day and I knew our family and friends would have an awesome time. My wedding was absolutely perfect and Carlyle on the Green and its staff played a large role in that.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Christina S

Carlyle On The Green did an amazing job with our wedding. Cynthia was there from the very beginning to help us with every single detail, make suggestions and reassure us that the day would go smoothly. Our bridal attendant, Janet, was so attentive - we loved her! We are... Read More beyond happy that we chose a place that is so passionate about what they do.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 evelyn g

Our wedding day wouldn't have been the same without Janet and Johnathan and the Carlyle staff. They went above and beyond to make my day absolutely beautiful and we cannot thank them enough. Special thanks to the banquet manager, Brittney who did a fantastic job coordinating... Read More everything. The staff really made us feel like we were on top of the world, not only on our wedding day but throughout the planning experience. The food was fantastic, cocktail hour was a hit and our guests have been raving about it every since. I wouldn't change a single thing if I were to plan all over again, this was such a fantastic venue. Highly recommend to future bride and grooms.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Suzie C

Looking back at our entire wedding experience we are so thankful that we booked with Carlyle on the Green. We really felt that we could trust them to run the show on the day of and they did just that. We would not have had it any other way. We would say that everything was just... Read More about perfect. Some of the highlights were the food, after-hours, Janet, Cynthia and Jonathan, and of course the gorgeous rooms and grounds. The only thing we were somewhat unhappy with was the late start time of our ceremony The start time was rather late due to the fact that there was an afternoon wedding that did not end until 5 or 5:30 pm.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Suzie C

. Looking back on our entire experience we are so thankful that we booked with you. We really felt that we could trust you to run the show on the day of and you did just that. We would not have had it any other way, so thank you again for everything. We would say that... Read More everything was just about perfect. Some of the highlights

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Jennifer R

Carlyle is the best! The staff is wonderful and the food is phenomenal. They really pull out all the stops. I wanted a wedding that was classy and elegant and the decor at Carlyle truly fit my needs. My husband and I went mini golfing on our first date so we felt it was... Read More fitting to get married on a golf course. We got a gorgeous day which made the outdoor cocktail hour and pictures that much better. They even let us go out onto the black course for some pictures! My friends and family are still raving about our wedding a year later! I've been there for other functions as well and they never disappoint.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Lindsay C

Carlyle was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! Throughout the entire process Sue was answered every email, phone call, question with a smile and helped us with everything! The night of- the food, the drinks, the atmosphere, the staff- unbelievable! Janet and Jonathan were the perfect... Read More maitre-de and bridal attendant. I didn't have to ask for ANYTHING! Everyone loved every minute of it. I can't say enough good things. Thank you for making my wedding the true night of my dreams!