Carmela Joy Photography

Flagstaff, Phoenix, Sedona, Tucson, Anywhere in Arizona!

capturing real and authentic moments

I’m Carmela, a wedding and lifestyle photographer based in Arizona. The reason I love photography is simple – I love people & I love stories. I am passionate about capturing the genuine interactions, spontaneous moments, and candids that make your personality and love unique. When a couple asks me to join them on one of the best days of their lives, it is something I take great responsibility and joy in. When I see the way you laugh together, the way you look at each other, and your wild passion for each other - I see your love as a work of art and it’s such an honor to capture those moments.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Flagstaff, Phoenix, Sedona, Tucson, Anywhere in Arizona! (623) 256-4526

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Kate C

CARMELA IS THE BEST! She was so sweet and easy to work with. Every interaction and email communication we had was so friendly and laid back. She was extremely professional and lovely. Our wedding photos were stunning and exactly what I wanted. I recommend her so highly. Carmela... Read More will put you at ease on your big day and give you gorgeous photos!

Reviewed on 3/18/2018 Molly J

I cannot say enough about Carmela and what a pleasure it was working with her! She is so sweet and put us at ease through the whole process. The planning process was incredibly thorough and we got shots of everything we wanted. The pictures themselves are STUNNING and... Read More MAGICAL! She captured the best moments of the whole event in the most beautiful way. We are so grateful to Carmela for lending her talent to us for our wedding day :) I urge all other brides to do the same!!

2018-03-18T18:12:16 Response from the vendor

Oh my goodness you are so sweet!!! Thanks so much for the kind review and sweet words. It means the world to me <3

Reviewed on 4/18/2018 Kristen S

Carmela is THE BEST. My husband and I did both our engagement and wedding photography with her and had a wonderful experience both times. Carmela made us feel so relaxed in front of the camera and our photos were simply stunning. She was also able to return both sets of... Read More photos to us really quickly, too - a huge plus! Through the whole process, she was very easy to communicate with and extremely helpful. We could not have imagined anything better/different as far as photography goes - everything was perfect!

2018-04-18T17:30:50 Response from the vendor

You two are the absolute sweetest!! Thanks so much for the kind words - it means SO SO much to me. Wishing you both the best <3

Reviewed on 3/23/2018 Samantha A

HIRE HER. I am dead serious. From day one, Carmela was so helpful, kind, and encouraging, and on our wedding day, she delivered absolutely stunning photographs. She kept us laughing and comfortable in front of the camera, and we are ecstatic with the result. We adore our photos,... Read More and you will, too, if you work with Carmela.

2018-03-24T16:47:30 Response from the vendor

I'm crying - thank you so much for this amazing review!! It means the world to me. I so appreciate you two and had the best time on your wedding day! <3

Reviewed on 3/20/2018 Cynthia M

I cannot say enough about Carmela! We came to Arizona for vacation from Chicago and Carmela was kind enough to schedule a session with us. I was worried the distance would be difficult, but she recommended an amazing location and made the planning simple and painless. The photos... Read More came out amazing with a quick turnaround. I highly recommend Carmela for all your photo needs! She is fantastic and you will not be disappointed.

2018-03-20T20:58:04 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you so much for your kind words and praise! SO SO happy that you came all the way to AZ and had a great time :) Thank so much! <3

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Taylor W

Carmela is amazing! Not only did our photos turn out amazing, but she got them back to us so quickly as well! She was very professional and made my husband and I feel very comfortable in front of the camera. We love her!

2018-03-18T18:12:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for leaving a review!! It means so much to me <3

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Kelsey D

Carmela is amazing! She is super friendly and made our session go perfect. Her eye for a perfect background and lighting is amazing and her style/pictures were more than we could have ever asked for. She was also insanely fast and delivered our pictures to us in the most timely... Read More fashion. Highly highly recommend her!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Damia M

Carmela was AMAZING. We loved the quality of our photos, and she had great instincts for how to pose us. I'm a pretty awkward person in front of a camera or not, and I felt very comfortable with her. It felt like working with a good friend. She was professional and fun, and... Read More helped us figure out what we needed. It was a pleasure having her on board to help with our wedding, and I hope we'll have an opportunity to use her services again in the future!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Bailey T

Carmela did a great job with our wedding photos and I am so grateful for her work, and the pictures turned out beautiful! She is super easy to work with, and did a good job of checking in with me a few times prior to the wedding to make sure she knew what we wanted. I was... Read More impressed with her editing and how fast she got our pictures to us. I would recommend having a specific list of pictures you want, because there were a few more pictures we would have liked, but I didn't communicate that. Overall, she helped the day go very smoothly. She is also the kindest person to work with!

Carmela

Hi, I'm Carmela! I was born in California but Arizona is my home. People are my passion - I love learning peoples' love stories and seeing them through to their special day. I believe your wedding is a true celebration of your love and commitment to each other and I am passionate about capturing the emotions and details of your wedding day. In my free time, you can find me hiking in the mountains, on the dance floor, trying new food, or dreaming about my next trip to a different country.