Cascade Confections

West Michigan and Central Michigan

1004 4th Avenue, Lake Odessa, MI West Michigan and Central Michigan (616) 633-2287

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Meghan C

Sandy's cakes and CAKE BITES are to die for! Originally I was looking for cake pops, but when I stumbled across Sandy and her cake bites (no stick, in a paper cup, size of an egg), I completely changed my mind. She's very communicative and affordable, and to boot, a real artist... Read More with cake designs (if that's what you are looking for). We ordered about 300 bites for 150 guests and had only a few left by the end of the night. It was something my guests RAVED about once they tried (I got a lot of "I had one, and then I had 5 more), and since they are so filling and easy to eat, it didn't distract people away from the dance floor for too long. Practically everyone I spoke too said they were only disappointed there weren't more! The peanut butter and salted caramel cake bites were my personal favorite. I did order a small cutting cake that was JUST as delicious, and she helped me to create a simple, yet elegant design based on my vision with some BEAUTIFUL fondant calla lilies on the top. Moreover, when I initially reached out to Sandy, she went out of her way to ensure I received a sample box (for free) to help me make my decision on whether to use her services. So sweet of her to do since I know many other vendors do not, but I think Sandy also knows that once you try her cake bites, no other vendor stands a chance :) Thank you so much Sandy!

Yum!

Reviewed on 1/17/2014 Shantel D

Great selection, great products!

Delicious, Beautiful Cakes (Gluten Free options!)

Reviewed on 9/02/2013 Kim B

Sandy Guthrie is great to work with! Her cakes are delicious and she is talented at crafting anything you can dream up. We ended up ordering different flavors of cake bites and having a small cake to cut. We loved the honey lavender cake (so delicious). I also had Sandy... Read More make a surprise Groom's Cake in the shape of my husbands favorite brand of Scotch. He LOVED it. HUGE HIT! Our guests keep talking about our cake bites. I also love that Sandy does gluten-free cake. I had several GF guests and they all came up and told me this is the FIRST wedding they've been to where they could enjoy cake. Thank you Sandy!

Delicious and Adorable!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Danni Lee C

Our cake bites from Sandy at Cascade Confections were truly amazing! They were so delicious, affordable and completely adorable. She decorated them to match all of our decor and we couldn't have asked for a better addition to our dessert table!

YUM!

Reviewed on 6/16/2013 Terri B

Sandy is great to work with and her cakes are the best cakes I have ever tasted! She was able to work within our budget and create the wedding cake I was envisioning. It came out beautiful! We chose 3 different flavors (Pineapple Cream, Red Velvet, and the Death by Chocolate)... Read More for our cake and our guests loved it! I highly recommend her!

Customizable and very tasty cakes

Reviewed on 2/24/2013 Kristen D

Sandy did a great job on our wedding cake! From the first tasting, we were very pleased with the varieties and tastes of the cakes she creates. When we asked her if she would consider customizing a cake flavor for our event, she was very accommodating. She created a sample cake... Read More in advance to ensure it was exactly what we wanted; it was very tasty. Additionally, she offered helpful suggestions for us when we were looking for ways to keep costs down and even helped us secure a hard-to-find cake pedestal. The cake looked and tasted exactly how we envisioned it for our event and our guests were very pleased. She was extremely professional and a delight to work with. Nice job, Sandy.

Amazing Cakes - Both taste and looks!

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Nichole U

Sandy's cakes are AMAZING!!! They are the best tasting cakes around! She also does amazing work with her cakes! I did not want fondant on my cake, but the cake design I wanted was almost required to (according to other places)! But Sandy instantly said it can be done without... Read More fondant! Another wonderful thing was I did not provide her enough crystals for our wedding cake, she went out on the wedding day and found some additional crystals so I could have the cake design I loved so much! The finish piece was absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much Sandy for such a beautiful and delicious cake!

Awesome wedding cake

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Jenna R

My cake was beautiful, Sandie is great, and it is the best tasting wedding cake I've ever had. A lot of wedding cakes are dry and taste like lemon to me even if they're not supposed to. My cake was moist and she did meringue instead of buttercream for the frosting so it was... Read More creamy and delicious. I chose the white wedding and chocolate raspberry. She will work with you on pricing options too like having sheet cakes and will do the bottom layer styrofoam if you like

Mmm-azing!!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2012 Carlee D

I was looking for some variety and fun in our wedding cake, I love dessert and wanted nothing to do with a dry wedding cake. Sandy recommended Cake Bites for our wedding and after a tasting...we knew this was the perfect direction for us. We served 4 types of bites at the... Read More wedding... Bananas Foster, Red Velvet, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Lemon Wildberry and ordered 250 for 140 people, we only left with 13 extras. All were delicious and our guests thought it was really fun to try the different flavors. I also got my hubby a surprise grooms cake (Detroit Lions football helmet) it looked awesome and was also very delicious. I had numerous guests ask for Sandy's info after the wedding for their future parties. NOT AN OUNCE OF DRYNESS, they were so yummy!!

yummy

Reviewed on 6/06/2012 Paula K

We had a beautiful cake and it was yummy too! Sandi works with you to get just what you want. We also had cake bites which were very yummy!

Gorgeous Cake!

Reviewed on 1/13/2012 Sarah G

Sandy is very professional and extremely easy to work with. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and exactly what I wanted! Most wedding cakes are kind of blah, but hers are delicious. I got lots and lots of comments on how good the cake tasted. I definitely recommend Cascade... Read More Confections to anyone!!

Our Dream Cake

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Kabrina A

Sandy, at Cascade Confections, was a dream. We planned a fall themed wedding, complete with a beautiful fall tree cake topper personalized with our names and wedding date (purchased on Etsy). I had not idea how to design a wedding cake, but knew that I liked classic and simple,... Read More and wanted the topper to be the focal point of the cake. We brought it in for our consultation and gave Sandy free reign to design a cake that would highlight our topper--and she did not disappoint. It was simple and modern and beautiful--and delicious! She incorporated elements from our topper into the design of the cake as seamlessly as if she had designed the cake topper along with the cake. We opted for two different flavors to celebrate the season--Pumpkin Spice and Caramel Apple...and I have never tasted wedding cake so moist and unforgettable. We thought we ordered way too much cake (guest count +50), as all of my friends told me that--after their receptions--they had so much cake left over...but we had numerous guests ask to take cake home, along with the pone number of the baker. We were happy to oblige! Sandy delivered our cake free of charge, and rented a beautiful cake server that complimented the cake perfectly. We will be using Sandy and Cascade Confections for all of our special occasion cakes for years to come.

Best cake - ever!!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2011 Jennifer K

Working with Sandy Guthrie was a pleasure. She was so kind, patient, and had great ideas. The cake tasting was really what made my fiancee and I decide to go with her - it was the yummiest cake we had ever had!!! Her cakes are also beautiful. We had a 3 tiered traditional... Read More round cake - with extra sheet cakes in the back to be served to our guests. The cake was a big hit at the wedding. Sandy's prices are also excellent and she pays great attention to detail. Also - beautiful sugar flowers!!