Castle Couture Bridal Salon

Manalapan, NJ

Be treated like a princess at Castle Couture

Castle Couture features 2,000+ gorgeous bridal gowns from many of the world’s best designers, plus stylish evening wear for the Mother of the Bride/Groom. Our client’s satisfaction is our goal: Our expert bridal consultants will assist you in selecting the perfect gown to make your dreams come true.

Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

355 US Highway 9, Manalapan, NJ

Shakey beginning..end result was wonderful

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Joan K

I went into Castle Couture just to look after finding nothing I liked in several stores. I was looking for a non-typical wedding dress so I was in the regular dress side. Jody was in charge of that side and worked with me to pick numerous dresses. We both agreed none of them... Read More were right and she brought over a wedding dress rep that was there for a trunk show who took the time to try and help me find a dress. Jody could see I wasnt finding what I wanted and she encouraged me to wait and come back and she would work with me. When I came back she had picked out several wedding dresses for me to try and I loved one of them. She was wonderful to me and I appreciated her honesty and understanding of my body issues. When I finally chose my dress and made the big decision to order it, I received a phone call 3 days later and was told that dress was no longer available. The voicemail said please come in and pick another dress. I was devastated and felt that was not a proper response. No Im sorry, no let us see what we can do. But to their credit, they worked for the next couple of days and were able to get one more dress for me from the designer. I truly appreciate all that Jody did for me and she has since been made a bridal consultant which is fitting as she was wonderful. Alla the seamstress was terrific. She worked closely with me to make the dress fit so it was comfortable and she truly took the time to make it beautiful.

Beautiful Salon

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Isabel D

I purchased my wedding gown from Castle Couture and could not be happier. Their bridal salon is absolutely amazing and so beautiful, I honestly didn't think I would be able to afford any gown they had but I was so pleased to find out they had so many beautiful gowns available at... Read More such affordable prices. I worked with Marisa and she was great. I was stuck between two different looks for the wedding and in the end, she nailed it. She pulled out an Augusta Jones dress, a designer I had never heard of, and it was THE dress. On the hanger, it looked like nothing special, but as soon as I put that dress one I felt like that dress was made for me. It was everything I wanted and Marisa knew it before I even did. I also decided to have my alterations done at Castle Couture and am so glad I did. 3 months before the wedding my father suddenly passed away and between that and wedding stress, I dropped a significant amount of weight making the dress way too big. Alla (I think that's her name) was absolutely the best and the dress turned out perfect! I was so stressed at the first fitting because I knew it was a lot of work and all I kept thinking about was how expensive it was going to be but Alla eased my worries and gave me a good price. I can't recommend Castle Couture enough, this is a wonderful salon!

Should have come here first!

Reviewed on 10/05/2012 Mandy U

I visited 11 bridal shops in my search for THE dress. Castle Couture was one of the last places I visited, and it was one of the best experiences I had. The store is beautiful, so many dresses to choose from from a wide variety of designers, and the consultants are all wonderful... Read More and so familiar with the inventory. It was so nice to have a consultant who listened to me and understood what I liked and my body so she didn't waste my time bringing me dresses she knew I wouldn't like or wouldn't fit me well. I have a admit I was a little intimidated going to this store because I thought all the dresses would be way out of my price range- I already had a mortifying visit to Kleinfelds and was afraid this would be a repeat of that- but many of the dresses I tried on were well below what my budget was. After my first visit, I left torn between 2 dresses. When a BM came to town the following week, CC let me come in without an appointment so I could show my BM and we were able to decide on a dress that day. Even the alteration process was wonderful and very efficient. I can't recommend this store enough to anyone looking for their dress. Come here first!!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015

My review is based on their alterations department. I was quoted $580 for altering my dress. Had it done somewhere else for $70. They also push you up in size when ordering, then charge more than the price of the dress to alter it. I was quoted $380 when I was alone with the... Read More seamstress who told me because it was so big she had to take the whole thing apart. Then when I went up front I was told $580 by Colleen the manager. But, because they ordered a size too big, I was given a '$200 dollar discount'. NO NOT AT ALL, I was just back to the original $380 the seamstress told me in private. SCAM! I insisted on them ordering me a smaller size, which I was originally told takes months to come in, however, SURPRISE, it came in in three days. The reviews below say the same thing, I found them on this site. Do NOT have your alterations done here, they are not upfront and overpriced in every way. I wish I read these other reviews before meeting with their seamstress. GO anywhere else but here for alterations, it is a scam. READ the other reviews on yelp and wedding sites. Go to the one star ones. an alterations appointment. I would never use "castle Couture" ever again. They are too big for their britches and have bad attitudes. Go to a smaller establishment, you'll get better service. **The woman helping me find my dress was well aware of my budget and aware of the changes i wanted to make so I was shocked when the alterations department quoted me $980 to do my alterations on the $1,500 dress I had bought from them. Not only did this put my WAY over my $2,000 budget but it also was simply absurd pricing. It completely ruined my day left me feeling very upset and unsure of what to do next. I returned the following day to take my dress and hopefully find another seamstress I could trust to work on it for a realistic price in the 7 short weeks I have left before the wedding - and this is when they let me know that all of their seamstresses are independent contractors and that the woman who helped me the day before was the most expensive one they have. I was NEVER told this from the beginning and asked who/what price range i wanted. plus i figured all of their seamstresses would be equally talented and therefore competitively priced. I was proved wrong when another one of their employed seamstresses quoted me $590 to do the same exact job. My advice to others is to definitely be open to shop here - but know that you do NOT have to do your alterations here they are completely overpriced. Definitely explore your options there are plenty of talented seamstresses and tailors that will do a great honest job and not try to rip you off. other review I found: **I'm sure this is true of many bridal shops, but my experience here felt like they said whatever they needed to to get you to sign on the dotted line. I'm grateful that my dress worked out, but I truly wish I went with my gut and bought it in a smaller size to begin with. I would have felt more comfortable, and I don't literally mean comfort, the day of my wedding if I had a better fitted dress. Another seamstress told me that it's part of a trick to size you up so much, so that they can get you to spend the money on alterations.

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Caitlin J

I got my wedding dress from Castle Couture. It was a very easy, and fun process. Ironically the first dress I tried on was the dress I wound up buying. Maryanne was great in helping find what I was looking for and nailed it on the first try! My mother also got her dress here,... Read More which was also a great experience. Every employee was a joy to work with and handles themselves in a very professional manner. The store is absolutely beautiful to be in and you truly feel like a "bride" from the moment you enter. I would highly recommend this store to any bride looking for a dress. They have a wide selection and you are treated great! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Nicole A

Had the easiest time dealing with Castle Couture. I have known Maurice for years and he made my dream dress available. Angela helped me try on numerous dresses with a lot of patience. Eventually, I had them bring in a Lazaro dress they did not have in the store because I knew... Read More from a picture it was the one. I also lost a lot of weight and Aneda the seamstress made the dress fit flawlessly. She is the best seamstress I have ever come in contact with.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Lisa D

We came here to get my daughter's wedding dress and were not disappointed! Although the salesperson was a few minutes late, it was definitely worth the wait! Jody, the salesperson was incredibly helpful, listening to what the bride wanted as well as taking her figure into... Read More consideration and listening to the opinions of the 3 people, including myself, my daughter brought. The entire experience was so positive. Jody encouraged my daughter to try on her eventual dress 3 different times, just to make sure she was certain. In less than 1.5 hours, my daughter had a beautiful wedding gown, veil and belt and everyone was so happy and excited. Thank you so much Jody!!! I will be back for your help for my dress too.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Meghan P

What a great experience at Castle Coture. This was my first time trying on wedding dresses and it definitely was a memorable one. Being a curvy bride, I was nervous as to what dresses they would have for me and how accommodating they would be. The selection was huge!!! I worked... Read More with Angela who was an incredible consultant. She made me feel very comfortable and had the knowledge of what dresses would flatter me most. She wasn't pushy and was so sweet. Although I haven't made any descions yet on a dress, I definitely recommend castle Coture for your search for a bridal gown.

The Easiest Part of the Process

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Cara D

My mother and I argue like cats and dogs: if I say the sky is blue she will say that it's cerulean. It's always been this way and it made for an interesting wedding planning process to say the least. We both wanted to go and try to pick out a wedding dress (though I was fairly... Read More convinced it would prove a long and fruitless process with many tears). Castle Couture was our first choice especially as they were having their moving sale. I wanted to stay under a thousand dollars with my dress and figured a sale was a great place to start and Castle Couture had a great reputation. They didn't disappoint. I went in looking for a colored wedding dress with lace in a mermaid cut-- my mother went in looking for something white, traditional, and more gowny. In the end our associate, Andrea, was able to please us both: I wound up (on only the 3rd try!) to find a wonderful Casablanca cream based gown with white lace overlay. It fit me like a glove off the rack-- so much so that they were convinced to sell me the sample at a discount because I literally didn't need a half inch taken in (I know I know-- it never happens). At the end of the day this was the absolute easiest part of the process in terms of getting my mother and I to agree-- and to this day we both still adore the same dress (not something any of us ever thought was fully possible).

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Jessica M

Angela was such a pleasure to work with. This was my second bridal dress shopping experience so I was able to show her a few options I liked at my first one. She was able to bring me some stunners and I absolutely cannot thank her enough for helping me say yes to the dress!... Read More Highly recommend!

Pleasant Experience

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

On her very first trip to a bridal shop, our daughter found the gown of her dreams at Castle Couture. Angela, the stylist/bridal consultant was friendly, attentive and professional. Her 27 years of experience was evident throughout the entire process. She helped make the... Read More experience fun and stress-free!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Danielle G

I had the best experience at Castle Couture with Jody! I went in feeling a little nervous and Jody made me feel truly special and beautiful. She listened to what I wanted and after a couple tries found me my dream dress! I would recommend anyone to get their wedding dress here,... Read More and I suggest you ask for Jody. She really made me feel like a princess!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Victoria B

I purchased my dress in May, working with Angela was an amazing experience, she listened to what I was looking for and helped me find the dress of my dreams. My dress has come in and I went back to see it/try it on, Angela helped me pick out jewelry that complimented my dress... Read More and my style. I highly recommend Castle Couture and working with Angela.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 NA N

Great experience at Castle Couture. Their selection is expansive and their consultants really know their stuff. I found my wedding dress there this weekend and I couldn't speak more highly of Jody & the salon. Jody spent two hours with my Mom, my sister, and me (a very picky... Read More bunch) to make sure I found a dress I love. Jody| took my tastes and requests into account, but also brought some options that were outside what I originally had in mind. With every round of dresses she was able to refine based on what I did and didn't like, even if sometimes I couldn't explain it well myself.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 katie g

I chose Castle Couture as my first stop along my wedding dress adventure & couldn't be more pleased. My family and i were working with Angela. While I was new at this whole wedding dressing shopping, Angela was nothing but patient while I tried to figure out how to describe... Read More what it was that I wanted. She assured me that it was normal to be overwhelmed and that when I put on the right dress, I would know in an instant.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Julia B

Had a great experience at Castle Couture shopping for my wedding gown! They have a huuuuge selection and they let you shop through the racks on your own so you really feel like you can control your own appointment a little bit. I had been to a few shops where you're not... Read More permitted to look and I really much preferred to look around myself. My consultant was Laura and she was wonderful. Very down to earth, patient, honest (without being insulting), friendly, extremely helpful, tasteful, funny, etc. It was a very easy experience to work with her and I was really recommend her to anyone who comes to this bridal salon. Maria's alterations made my dress fit perfectly. My only slight disppointment was the bustle. When I wore my dress on my wedding day, the dress was still really long and there was one piece that was not properly bustled. A few people stepped on my dress since it was so long and the dance floor was crowded. Oh well - it definitely didn't ruin my day at all but looking back, I wish it was done a little better for the bustle/hem only.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Gail D

got my daughter's wedding dress today. She said, "Yes to the dress!" Jody, our assistant was very patient as my daughter could not quite find her style. She helped us find dress #1, with dress # 2'and a little of dress # 3 to design her dream dress with dress # 4. That moment,... Read More inexplainable, but forever remembered. Thanks Jody for making our day so successful and so special!

In Love with My Dress!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Brittany G

Everyone at Castle Couture was extremely nice and helpful every time I went in there. I LOVE my Matthew Christopher dress, and wish I could wear it every day. The seamstress who did my alterations did a phenomenal job! I am a fashion designer, so I was watching her with a... Read More close eye as she pinned my dress on my first fitting. I went back for my final fitting, and it fit like a glove, she was amazing! There was a lot of work involved with taking my dress in, and she managed to make it look as if the nothing was changed and the dress was made specifically for me. I am still receiving complements on how beautiful the dress was and how well it fit. It is even more amazing that I only needed one alteration! I would highly recommend Castle Couture for any bride looking for a dress!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Susan V

I went to a number of stores in NYC (bridal boutiques and stores like Saks) to find my wedding dress and was pretty disappointed in all of them. On a whim my mom suggested Castle Couture since it's local and we could go in on a weeknight vs. a day in the city. We were very... Read More pleasantly surprised and I wound up buying my gown here. (Also three of my friends have gotten their gowns here w/ similarly great experiences.) I worked w/ Maryanne on the Sales side and she was GREAT. We went on a weeknight and she stayed open late for us and had two assistants so I was in and out of dresses nonstop - this wasn't a four-dress hour appointment. We were there for about two hours and Maryanne and the girls were so gracious and helpful. I wound up going back a few days later to buy the dress and met the designer (Matthew Christopher), which was also cool. For alterations there are outside contractors brought into CC - you can pick one if you know of someone or just work with whoever is assigned to you. I was randomly assigned Marlene and am so happy I was! She was FANTASTIC. My dress needed more work than expected in the bust and waist and she was soo patient and had a ton of great ideas to make things work. We wound up needed four passes at the dress to make it work and Marlene never made me feel bad about it - she just kept wishing me well and coming up with creative solutions to get the fit perfect. So happy with Castle Couture!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 suzanna l

My experience was amazing! Angela was my consultant and from the moment I met her she was so nice and patient. I told her exactly what I wanted and she listened. I tried on a few dresses and wasn't really liking them and she told me can I pick one out for you ? I'm so glad I did... Read More because that was the ONE! She truly made my experience one to remember ! Thank you so much Angela!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Allyson M

From the beginning to the end everyone at Castle Couture was so nice and responsive. My dress came in within the exact time frame I was promised and the additional lace I wanted to add on was also ordered without any issues. I had Gina as my seamstress who is nothing but... Read More fantastic. She did an amazing job for all of the changes I wanted and the dress fit me like a glove the day of my wedding. I highly recommend Gina!!

Dress was amazing

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Amanda C

I bought my dress from Castle Couture and it fit perfectly! The woman who helped me was awesome and very helpful! They have a huge selection of dresses, I highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Katie F

Castle Couture was amazing! Everything and more than what I expected from a bridal salon! Angela was my bridal consultant for my 2 appointments I had there. She was awesome! So helpful and knew exactly what I wanted! She made me feel so comfortable as this can be a nerve... Read More wracking experience. I would suggest making an appointment there with Angela now! IIwould re come d this place to

Exceptional Service

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Deanna T

I had a great experience at Castle Couture! I worked with Marianne who was wonderful and so patient with me. After getting an idea of what style I liked she came back with a variety of dresses and took all of my feedback on each of them to find the perfect dress for me. She... Read More was a pleasure working with and not pushy at all which I really value. The establishment is professional and has beautiful lighting that allows you to see every detail of the gowns you try on. I received my dress when I was told and had several fittings so it would be perfect. Each time I went in my seamstress Marlene was receptive to my feedback and made sure it was exactly how I wanted it. She was a joy working with and I am BEYOND happy with the final product. I didn't want to take off my dress at the end of the night and was so in love with how it fit. I definitely would recommend coming here for your bridal gown!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Nicole I

I absolutely LOVED working with Angela! She was attentive when listening to my budget and style and came up with so many dresses that I loved. I didn't feel pressured to buy the dress right then and there, even though I fell in love with "the one" the first day I went to try... Read More on dresses. I scheduled my next appointment with her to buy the dress and she told me to bring my mom, MIL, and a couple of best friends so I will be sure that it is my dream dress. Angela really took great care of me and I can't wait to meet with her again in November!