Be treated like a princess at Castle Couture

Castle Couture features 2,000+ gorgeous bridal gowns from many of the world’s best designers, plus stylish evening wear for the Mother of the Bride/Groom. Our client’s satisfaction is our goal: Our expert bridal consultants will assist you in selecting the perfect gown to make your dreams come true.

Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

Bow2010

355 US Highway 9, Manalapan, NJ (732) 617-1414

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Tara F

Thank you Marianne M. and everyone for all your help! I was a lost bride who didn't have a clue & never thought I would be able to find what I was looking for (a boho slash rustic slash different from a cookie cutter dress all mixed into one) !! But with Marianne's help I said... Read More YES to the dress - on my first visit :) .... Thank you again for all your help and time <3 Tara Fiorella.

Great Experience - Love Melissa!!

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Eileen W

I bought my dress yesterday at the end of my third appointment at Castle Couture. The salon is beautiful and they have a fantastic selection in almost every price range. Each bride and her group get a private area and mirror to try on dresses, which really helps to put you at... Read More ease. The best part of my experience was working with my consultant Melissa. She was sweet, patient and never once pressured me to make a decision. She listened to my opinions and was able to pick out the most perfect dresses for me. After my first appointment at Castle Couture, I committed to a dress that I felt very torn over hours later. Melissa took my phone call, put my order on hold, and held my hand through two other appointments and helped me pick out the dress of my dreams. Melissa was great at helping me to narrow down what I liked and did not like about dresses, which was so helpful at a time when I felt confused about what it was I wanted I am so happy today knowing that I found the perfect dress. My mom and grandma will be making appointments with Melissa for their gowns. I can't wait to go back for my first fitting!

Great experience

Reviewed on 11/30/2013 Stephanie M

Got my wedding dress here. Such an great experience. Everyone there so helpful and finding my dress was so easy there. Lots of choices for any type of bride. My cousin also got her dress there. Had issue with my veil and they let me come right in and pick out a new one... Read More with no issues. Alterations were easy and effortless. Also let me keep my dress there till right before the wedding. Totally recommend to brides looking for a great shopping experience with great dress choices.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Melissa M

I had a great experience finding my wedding dress at Castle Couture! Lisa M was my consultant and she did an excellent job. It was my first time trying on dresses, so she she had me try a variety of silhouettes to make sure I knew what I wanted. One dress definitely stood out... Read More against the others, but it was just missing a few details that I wanted. Lisa knew exactly what additional accessories and alterations would be perfect to get the look I had in my head. It almost feels like I have a custom dress! I never thought I would be able to pick out my wedding dress on my first time shopping, but I could not pass up my dream dress. The only disappointment is that I have to wait a year to wear it! Thank you again, Lisa!!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Amanda R

Angela was a DREAM to work with, and I can't say enough wonderful things about Castle Couture. It was the second place I went for a dress (extremely dissatisfied with my Kleinfeld experience the day before) and I wish I had gone to Castle Couture first! Bright & expansive first... Read More floor with a grand staircase leading up to the Bridal collection on the second floor. The Bridal collection room is open yet private, calm but not "quiet". You walk through beautiful rows of neatly hung gowns, and each bride has their own large dressing room with 2 doors - a main one and a side one that swings open into a mirrored alcove, in front of which your family can sit. I told Angela what I was looking for, a form fitting dress but not too stiff, and she began to pull dresses. Everything I tried on was beautiful and looked fantastic, I didn't feel like myself. Angela asked if she could pull me a different style, a ball gown. I never thought I wanted a ball gown, but said sure, can't hurt! I put it on and the water works started, both from myself and family. She immediately found the perfect cathedral veil to match the beading on the bodice of the dress. My Mom was so impressed with the experience that she went to CC for her Mother of the Bride dress, and also received her alterations there. Would recommend 110%, it truly was a couture experience, and Angela really cares how You, the Bride, feels when you are there

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Nancy L

My dress is absolutely beautiful and I love it very much! The girl that helped me was very helpful and made me try on many dresses until I found the one, but there were some issues. They were forcing me to order 3 sizes bigger that the dress I tried on which fit perfectly. After... Read More they convinced me to go at least two sizes bigger I did because they scared me that my dress wouldn't fit. Along with that they make you sign a waiver if you don't go with the suggested dress size stating that they aren't responsible if your dress doesn't fit. Now the time comes where I come and try on my dress for the first time. The girl they gave to work with me must have been new, she stepped all over my dress in her heels and was not very helpful at all. Now that my dress was on, of course it's big on me, which I think they do purposely do they can bang you out on costly alterations. Now although my dress is big on me all that needed to be done was a take in and a hem, that's all! The seamstress quoted me at 995.00 which is pretty much half the price I paid for my dress! I was very disappointed with that quote and am taking my dress elsewhere for alterations. I found a very reputable seamstress that quoted me at 250.00 for alterations. --frustrated bride.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 julia N

I’d never recommend Castle Couture. Good experience trying on, but sales people are pushy, & once I paid for the dress it was horrible. My seamstress Gina was not nice from my 1st appt. She was brusque & never made me feel reassured about anything. She & the rest of the staff... Read More treated me like I was inconveniencing them just by being there. Gina had no attention to detail & even tried to talk me out of a service I paid for. I dreaded every alterations appt. It seems like everyone that works in alterations is disgruntled & treat the customers very poorly. I always thought that my wedding dress process would be fun & exciting, but it was just the opposite at Castle Couture. At the end of my first appt I was charged $935, more than half the cost of the dress. I was shocked. One of the things I paid for as part of the alterations (it was a line item on the receipt) was satin lining to be placed on the sleeve holes to prevent my arms from getting red & irritated, which they were after only 10 mins. Every time I came back for the next appt, the lining wasn’t added. Gina kept saying that it’d be done “next time.” I returned for my last appt, & it still wasn’t done. Gina tried to talk me out of it at one point & said to put wax on the dress instead. I insisted it be done since I had already paid a lot of money for it. I was told French bustle was the only option for my gown. It wasn’t until my 2nd to last appt that I saw it un-bustled, & I saw the 16 pinch marks on the train. It looked like the dress still had pins in it in 16 places. Was told “this is just how it looks when you bustle a dress with tulle skirt” & it would look better once steamed (it didn’t). The back of the dress & train was ruined, the satin lining was on only 1 sleeve hole, & I had tears in my eyes when we got to the car. My mom suggested we go back in & talk to Gina again. We received very nasty tones from the staff, & several low-key eye rolls. No empathy, no kindness, no understanding. They were annoyed & wanted me to leave. Soon we had 5-7 employees all saying there was nothing they could do. Finally someone suggested they put lace over the pinch marks. Went back yet again & only some of the marks were covered. We told Gina we needed some more as they were still noticeable & she got frustrated & rude. Without saying anything, she passive-aggressively went into the employee-only area with my dress & was just gone. My mom & I were left standing there with my veil, unsure what to do next. After waiting for a while I went to the front desk. They went to find Gina, & then came back & said she’s working on the dress right now & they would take my veil. I made another appt to return for pickup & left worrying. Pickup was stressful. I wasn’t sure if the lining & lace would be added. I was forgotten about as I waited for ~40 mins. Went to front desk & they thought I was someone else, then told me to wait more so they could get my dress. Lining & lace were there, but the dress didn’t look like it was steamed. There were pieces of my hair in the skirt & dust fuzzies from all the times I tried it on. The tulle was wrinkly. I told the front desk & they said, “this is just how tulle is, it wrinkles!” & I asked, “then why doesn’t my veil look wrinkly too?” So they sent the dress back to be steamed “again”. Came out ~15 mins later looking slightly better but still not at all what I would expect of Castle Couture, especially after spending almost 1k on this service.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Kayla C

Christina is absolutely amazing! She takes the time to get to know you and she really wants the best for you! She chose a dress way under my budget that I fell in love with and helped to accessorize me also! I would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Alyssa A

I purchased my dream wedding dress yesterday at Castle Couture. I had such an amazing experience and I seriously was blessed to have Christina as my bridal consultant. I started off by showing her pictures of the style dress I wanted. Every dress she brought for me to try on... Read More matched exactly what I showed her. She was so nice, professional, and made me feel very comfortable during the entire appointment. She truly made this special day better than I could of ever imagined! Thank you so much Christina!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 mallory r

I recommend ladies going here to try on dresses because they do have a large selection but beware you might leave crying or offended so bring your tough skin that day and focus on the task at hand instead of trying to have that "bridal" moment. I visited Castle Couture to try on... Read More dresses and I was notified that Matthew Christopher was hosting a trunk show for his dresses that just came off the runway. My very experience was hands down amazing bc I got the privilege of working with the designer directly versus the sales associates. I did not get my alterations done here because of my bad experiences that happened post my original appointment. My mom was looking forward to her dress appointment but to our disappointment, the experience was completely different. The girls wouldn't let my mom and I look through the gowns and I was okay with them picking her dresses until they brought my mom exactly what we told them not to bring her. They said "for her size and age this is what she should wear." My mom is a size 8 and 55 years old who is super fashionable so I am sure you can imagine how offended we both were over that comment. My accessories appointment was luckily my last experience here. They set me up at a vanity with a mirror so I can try on the hair peaces. My sales associate asked me to pick out some additional ones out so I can narrow down my choices. As my mom and I are looking, another sales associate goes to the vanity and takes our stuff and puts them on the floor and asks her customer to sit down. Her customer was appalled and apologized to me because she wasn't expecting her to do that to our belongings. At that point I didn't care because I found a hair peace I liked and just wanted to leave. At this point I was used to Castle Couture's antics but this store can benefit from customer service skills 101.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Tara W

I had visited several bridal salons in the New York New Jersey area but I still hadn’t found my dream dress. My co-worker suggested I try Castle Couture for my bridal gown. Jody Alvino was my stylist / bridal consultant. She was attentive, friendly, and listened to what I was... Read More looking for. Jody encouraged me to try on different styles but I kept coming back to the first dress she had me try on: an A-line strapless white satin gown with a lace overlay and crystal embellishment by David Tutera for Mon Cheri. Not ready to make a decision, I kept looking but nothing compared. I came back twice (once with my mom and again with both my mom and dad) and everyone agreed it was “the one”. During this process, Jody was reassuring and never pushy; she helped me get into and out of the dresses and assisted me with selecting the perfect accessories to complete my wedding day look. I cannot thank Jody enough for a great shopping experience and for making me feel beautiful on my wedding day. Love, Tara (Werner) Quagliato

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Alisa V

This is a great salon with many options. They did not go over budget and it was the 4th dress that I tried on! The only negative about this place was the prices for the alterations. I had budgeted money for this and was off by a lot. Just be aware to spend a lot on this and... Read More you will be fine. Overall a great experience and my dress fit perfectly and looked amazing!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017

I had such an amazing experience at Castle Couture, working with Jodi. From the time I walked in, Jodi was detail oriented and wanted to know my vision for my dress. Each dress I tried on, and I gave her feedback for what I liked and didn't like, she modified the vision of the... Read More dress and came back with beautiful dresses. She is a true professional. I only tried on 5 dresses and found my absolute dream dress- under $2,000 (dress, headband, belt, and veil). Jodi made my special day feel even better with all of the time and genuine passion and interest she had for finding me my perfect dress. I would recommend Castle Couture, but especially Jodi as their consultant. Thanks so much!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Mary Beth F

When they tell you over the phone that the dresses START at $500 AND you have to give them your credit card before you even get there so they can charge you $100 if you don't show up, not so welcoming is it? Thanks but no thanks!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Jaclyn G

Beautiful Place and a large selection of Dresses and so many other things! Had a few mishaps throughout the process, but I have to say there customer service is amazing. I dealt with Caitlin Arvanites and the Colleen and both were so sweet and dedicated to making sure everything... Read More was going to be perfect. Caitlin, deserves her own review. Regardless of the dress or anything else, if you need something done at Castle Couture she is the person to go to. She is the sweetest human being and really makes you feel like everything is always going to be ok! Thank you so much for everything you did Cailtin, your truly were amazing!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Nicole C

I had a wonderful experience purchasing my wedding dress and hair piece from castle couture. The store itself is beautiful and they have a large selection of dresses. I found my dream dress and the amazing seamstress altered the dress to fit me perfectly! I had so many... Read More compliments about the gown and I wish I could wear it again! The experience from start to finish was perfect. The staff is friendly and attentive and was able to ask all of my questions.

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Lindsay B

I went in today and worked with Jen. I cannot say enough great things about my experience working with her and shopping at Castle Couture. I told her what I wanted and she pulled gowns I had saved on my phone that I had not even shown her the picture of. What I thought I would... Read More like in a dress ended up not being what I liked once I tried them on. She listened to what I liked and disliked about dresses and came back with a dress that was everything I wanted and more. I didn't want to take it off. Thank you, Castle Couture!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Dana T

My experience with Castle Couture wasn't great. During the visit where I tried on and purchased my dress my initial impression wasn't good because the sales person judged my friend and I right off the bat because we happened to be chewing gum. She assumed we were young and... Read More cheap I guess. The actual truth was we just ate garlic for dinner and didn't want to have bad breath, but whatever. They helped me try on multiple dresses and I did find one I liked a lot. What the sales person failed to mention (and maybe I should have known better, who knows!) was that I would not be able to sit in the dress, pee in the dress, or have the dress hemmed to wear flats since the bottom had a scalloped lace. From that point on it went down hill. Each of my appointments was like being herded like cattle. There are girls stacked up and pouring out of the alterations area, they are never punctual for appointments, the girls in the alterations are are almost never pleasant or attentive, and my seamstress actually laughed at me as I had tears in my eyes when I realized I couldn't sit, pee, or hem my dress. Ultimately I feel like they have very beautiful dresses and they took great care of my dress while they were storing it and tailoring it, but other than that the customer service is horrible and they don't care about you at all once they have your money. It's kind of disappointing since the dress is one of the most important aspects for the bride getting married. I'm sure I am to blame for not doing my research, but I did make some of my concerns with wearing heels and being able to use the bathroom known and the sales lady made sure to deceive me. She also changed the price more than once and even called me and said I owed more. kind of shady, but who knows.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Amanda J

I have to start by saying that I did find my dream wedding gown at CC so there was something good that came out of this experience, however the rest was horrifying and completely unacceptable. Right off the bat it should have been a red flag that they never called to let me... Read More know that my wedding dress had in fact arrived. It arrived approximately one month out from my wedding and I was trying to avoid being the panicked, over the top bride so I patiently waited while my estimated arrival date came and went. I finally called only to find out it had arrived almost a week earlier and not a single person had bothered to call. With 3 weeks left til the big day we were on a little bit of a time crunch. When I came in for my first alterations (2 days after the arrival of the dress) I was greeted by a young woman who wore gloves and helped me into my dress very gently. When the seamstress (Marlene I believe) came into look at the dress that was too large (I was convinced by the sales department to order 3 sizes up) she started pulling, picking and roughly rearranging my beautiful, delicate, lace bodice. I tried to ignore it and let the professionals do their job. She told me I was going to need the bust taken in, For a total of $880, no hem, no major reconstruction just the bust made smaller. I was appalled by the price however I wasnt in a position to take the dress elsewhere with the short period of time before the wedding. So I make an appointment for 1 week from the date and agree to come back in for a second fitting. I'm back in exactly one week and the lace and scalloped neckline are completely destroyed, the bust is crooked, so crooked that the dress looks lopsided And it doesn't event fit, still way too large. The lace is literally hanging on by a thread and the scallops have been individually cut out and sewn back, this was the work of their top tier seamstress... it was embarrassing. We had to convince this woman as she stood there in silence with her arms crossed that it was crooked while the manager apologized profusely!!!! 4 visits and several angry phone calls later we arrive at castle couture less than one week until my wedding day only to find that my dress has still not been finished. The lace is still damaged and there was nothing they could do about it, the armpit/chest area was loose, but my biggest pet peeve above all was that the thread that was used to fix the bodice was done in white on an ivory dress. It looked terrible. When my mother confronted the seamstress on the final visit and said what would you do if this were your daughters wedding dress? The woman responded saying she would have started by purchasing a much nicer dress. We were seriously blown away. The manager was blown away, my sister was blown away, and all of the other women in the changing room were speechless. Does this sound like good customer service to you? I walked away with managers and everyone repeatedly apologizing, but nonetheless with a dress that was barely finished and tears streaming down my face. Never in a million years would I recommend castle couture to any poor unsuspecting person. They make their business ripping brides off and playing to their weaknesses. Avoid this place at all costs.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Alicia F

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!! If you are looking to spend an exorbitant amount of money and expect to get what you pay for DO NOT BUY A DRESS FROM CASTLE COUTURE. Don’t get tricked by the “good” reviews!! First off, the consultant who helped me find my dream wedding dress was... Read More okay. I fell in love with my dress. The floor sample that I tried on fit me fine it was a little tight around my hips but everywhere else it fit perfect. I was excited because I had been to about 6 different bridal shops and didn't find a dress that I loved. The consultant measure me I paid for the dress in full and I was told that the dress will be here by May. I will receive a phone call once the dress had arrive. They never called I ended up calling them to check the status on when my wedding dress will arrive and upon my phone call they told me that the dress was there already. So I scheduled an appointment to go and try the dress on. This review is based on their alterations department. When I went in for my first fitting the dress felt like I was drowning in it. The dress was huge!!!! I was so disappointed. I ask to speak with a manager because I was confused. How can you take someone's measurements ( 4 times) and the dress come back six sizes larger than the sample dress that I tried on. The manager did not have a straight answer for me her solution to the problem was to get a seamstress over to take a look at the dress to see what alterations can be done. I was quoted $700 for altering my dress. That is half of what I paid for the dress already. I expect to have some alterations done but not for $700. It seems like they push you up in size when ordering, then charge almost more than the price of the dress to alter it. Save yourself some time, energy and tears and go to a bridal salon that will measure you correctly the first time around and provide you with expert seamstresses. This is obviously not the place for either.

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Brittany H

Had a wonderful experience at Castle Couture with my consultant, Marianne. As a bride who has a hard making a decision/commitment, the positive & encouraging environment helped make the process of picking my perfect wedding gown easy!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Gina C

I had the opportunity of working with Jodi when I visited Castle Couture in January looking for my wedding dress. This bridal salon was the very first one I visited... and the last! I can't even begin to put into words just how helpful Jodi was. She took the time to really... Read More understand what I was looking for and didn't rush me or my family along at all. From start to finish, she gave me her honest opinions and I really felt like she cared about the dress I would choose. I'm in the process of losing weight for my wedding in November, and actually went back to speak with a general staff member a week or two ago about my fears of my dress being too big or problems taking it in. I ran into Jodi again who remembered me, my mother, and the dress I bought! She was so kind and assuring and I can't thank her enough for calming my anxieties (which isn't easy to do)! I don't think I've ever left a review before for much of anything, but I just had to come on here and put the good word out about Castle Couture and Jodi! Be sure to ask for Jodi as a consultant if you ever make an appointment here. I can't wait until my dress comes in!!!

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Krystal R

Angela was wonderful! The store itself has a large selection but unfortunately full sleeved dresses are not always in abundance. I knew what I wanted but the dresses we tried on at first did not fit the bill. Angela quickly read me without having to say much and asked that I... Read More trust her. She came back with an option I initially wrote off completely. Little did I know it was perfect when I put it on! She knew from the start that it would flatter my body type and had all the bells and whistles I wanted. Her 25 years of experience made a world of difference compared to other smaller boutiques. I found that other boutiques had minimal selection and lacked the experience to ask the right questions and help guide the bride through this overwhelming task.

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Wendy C

Do not go here! In December 2016 I ordered and paid in full for a gown for my son's wedding. It is now April and I still don't have my dress. I have called multiple times the store has never called me with update. Today the said the dress would be in April 25th, but they can't... Read More track it. They blamed the manufacturer. The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. They told me I could get a refund or choose another dress. This is less than two months before the wedding and the dress was quite expensive. Just the worst service I have ever received. If I could I would get a refund and go to another place for a dress. Too late for that.

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Grace R

I purchased my wedding gown at Castle Couture back in October with Christina D. - she was great at showing me an array of styles. Wasn't pushy at all and helped me say yes to the dress! I also found a beautiful cathedral veil I also purchased. I returned with my mom and MIL... Read More on two separate occasions to try to find their dresses. In both cases they had already gone to a few other salons and hadn't found anything they liked. So we weren't expecting to purchase dresses that day but again, in both cases - we had great sales associates help us and they both ended up purchasing dresses from here as well. They were also very helpful with the pricing - and gave a discount on one of the dresses that we had to purchase from the floor stock because of timing. Even offered to make it perfect - any missing beading etc. free of charge. My wedding dress arrived on time back in February along with my veil - everything in pristine condition. Also, their recommendation in sizing was perfect as well - although I need alterations, my figure required me to size up in order for me to be able to sit in the dress. Couldn't be happier with the entire experience!