Castle Ladyhawke

Asheville, NC

Join us for our VENDOR'S SHOWCASE 3/15/15 RSVP now

Authentically recreated Castle, once a private estate, now offered for weddings for up to 200 guests; indoor and garden ceremony and reception locations with mountain views. Private and gated, guest accommodations on estate. Pricing and sample packages on our website. Elopements, 5 hr, and full day.

$$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Tented

Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

93 Running Bear Lane, Asheville, NC

A Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 6/29/2013 Maggie S

First of all, the castle is absolutely spectacular! The whole ambiance that surrounds the castle is simply out of a fairytale. Decorating is certainly not necessary. The castle itself is the decoration. I think we spent less than 5% of our budget on flowers and d├ęcor. Also,... Read More the castle staff are amazing. I must admit that I did not see much of the inner workings of what was going on, but isn't that the point? I spent time with my bridesmaids in the fabulous bridal suite and my every whim was catered to. When I emerged and saw the castle ready for our wedding I was speechless! It was everything (and more) that I had been dreaming about! Brides - if you want that fairytale wedding that you have been dreaming about, then the only place to do it is Castle Ladyhawke! :)

Gorgeous

Reviewed on 7/29/2012 Jennifer M

This venue is beautiful, and the staff is very helpful. Our guests couldn't stop raving about the place, and all hated to go home!

Dreams Do Come True..............

Reviewed on 5/08/2012 Cheryl H

Castle Ladyhawke is an amazing place to get married. The owner was there for me EVER time I called. She was never in a hurry to get me off the phone, no matter how long we talked. We were able to visit the castle many, many times before the wedding. The staff went above and... Read More beyond to make our day the best day ever. The castle is magnificent. The pictures do not give the true view of this place. Every room is huge, the view is breath taking (and I live in the mountains). We had 75 guest and everyone was amazed and overwhelmed by the castle and the staff. The guest were so scattered, it looked like only a few people were there - until the ceremony. Ever guest had full range to roam the castle WITHOUT an attendent following them around. The only decorations that we put out was the centerpieces for the tables during the reception. Everything else was already there and looked very "rich". Everyone should see the Dragon Room. The spiral staircase is the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen. The staff worked hard to keep us calm. All we had to do was LOOK like we needed something, and someone was there wanting to know what we needed and they did this for every guest. They have valet parking, so when the guest pulled up, there was not the clutter of cars everywhere, just the castle. We stayed the night in the castle with several of our guest, and it was best night of our lives. We felt very secure there even thou it was "just us" that night. It was like it was us and the stars and that nothing else in the world existed. We are already planning our 10 year anniversay back there. We looked at several other places to have our wedding. Several were less expensive, but not one of the others gave us the attention that Castle Ladyhawke gave us. When you rent the castle, YOU ARE THE ONLY EVENT GOING ON THAT DAY. You have their full attention all day and all evening. Our guest left when they were ready to leave. No one was packing up chairs and making them feel like it was "time to leave". They are well worth the price. I would HIGHLY recommend Castle Ladyhawke and we will use them again for other gatherings.

Our fairytale wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Stephanie S

I knew in February 2013 when we first visited the Castle that we were going to get married there. My then fiance (now husband for 5 days) and I completely fell in love the moment we visited. We rented the castle all weekend, along with both on site villages (what a fantastic... Read More place for family and friends!) It was an absolutely perfect weekend. Kim and Joy were amazing in our requests and assisted us with whatever we needed, with a smile on their faces. I am still on cloud 9 over our perfect wedding weekend, and hope I never come back down. It is seriously a dream come true. No words to explain it's beauty and views...not to mention the details involved around every corner. I want to live there!!!! I could not have asked for a more perfect venue. The pictures do not do it justice... just the feeling you get while you are there with the people you love the most is indescribable. Thank you for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Lindsey S

We got married at Castle Ladyhawke in September of 2014 in a small ceremony with family (about 20 people). We were fortunate enough to be able to spend the night in the Castle and the Gypsy Camp as well and it was a magical day/evening. We could not have asked for a more... Read More beautiful settings. All of the folks at the castle were so wonderful with all of the details and helping out on the day of. They even had a vendor showcase in the spring where you could sample food, cake, etc. and meet folks all in one fell swoop. Our pictures turned out amazing and everyone remarked that it was the most beautiful setting we could have picked!! Thank you!!

Ultimate dream wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Castle Ladyhawke is the most amazing place to get married. Not only is it stunningly beautiful but the experience of working with everyone there was excellent. From the first day when we showed up for a private tour on the wrong day and were graciously accommodated by the... Read More caretakers until our wedding was over the staff of Castle Ladyhawke were outstanding. Kim, Sabrina, and Joy are so easy to work with and were so eager to accommodate every little detail we wanted. They were quick and thorough with their communication and had a quick solution for every thing we needed. The castle is spacious enough to accommodate a good sized wedding party yet modest enough to retain the comfortable homey feeling that made every guest feel welcome. The decor is beautiful with all the antiques and old world fixtures. It looks and feels like a 400 year old castle yet with every modern convenience cleverly incorporated. Our guests raved about the wedding and many of them said it was the best wedding they had ever attended. Thank you, Castle Ladyhawke, for an amazing wedding experience.

Fantastic! Couldn't dream about better wedding for my daughter!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Giulia V

It's hard to describe how beautiful this venue is! If you dream about a fairy tale wedding, this is exactly what you need. It's amazing in any season. You don't need much decoration for this venue. It's literally built for weddings. We were lucky to book this Castle for my... Read More daughter and son-in-law's wedding which was on June 21, 2014. I couldn't even dream about such a beautiful wedding!!! Castle Ladyhawke's staff did a great job! They are so easy to work with, organized, fun, welcoming and super helpful! They took care of every single detail and left us to just sit back and enjoy this special day. I would not only recommend I was thrilled with our experience!

Dream Wedding Come True

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Christine H

Where to start.... I wanted a wedding venue where 1) my family could all come together and stay for the entire weekend, and 2) was not the typical church wedding. When I found Castle Ladyhawke, I immediately fell in love. I seriously put a deposit down before we even visited... Read More in-person. I just knew it was *the* place I wanted to get married. Once we visited, I was absolutely smitten. The staff, the venue, the location, their recommended vendors; everything was absolutely perfect. We rented the entire castle grounds including all guest accommodations on the property, and I truly felt like a princess for a weekend. My now husband enjoyed it every bit as much as I did, and we will cherish those memories made possible by Castle Ladyhawke for the rest of our lives.

Perfect venue for our dream wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Andrea B

My husband and I had our wedding at Castle Ladyhawke on October 4th and I could not have imagined anything more perfect! We live in Raleigh NC (about a 5 hour drive) and when I started looking for a venue, I did not really know what I wanted so I sent my fiance probably 100... Read More links. Castle Ladyhawke was the only one that he called. When we went there for a visit we were both sold and booked it the next day. I was a little hesitant about planning a "destination wedding" but Kim and Sabrina made the process so easy and they were so accommodating! When the big day arrived everything went smoothly and the castle and the mountain views were definitely worth the trip! All of our guests are still raving about how beautiful everything was. If you are looking for a venue that you and your guests will never forget then I would recommend this place 1000%!!!

Wedding Day Bliss

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Lindsey M

Castle Ladyhawke was the perfect venue for my fairy tale wedding! The view of the WNC mountains from the Castle is breath-taking and makes an amazing backdrop for any wedding (especially Fall!). From the first visit to tour the venue-until our wedding day, everything flowed... Read More wonderfully with the staff at Castle Ladyhawke. They are very accommodating and work very hard to make your wedding day feel special. They are always busy with multiple weddings weekly, and still somehow give you 100% to make it seem like you are the most important person to them! They are extremely helpful with any questions or concerns you may have. The staff goes above and beyond in every thing they do. I honestly could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else. The day was absolutely perfect and would't have been that way without the time and effort that the staff at the venue put in! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone wanting to have their wedding in the beautiful North Carolina mountains! Between the venue staff, and the beautiful place, our wedding could have never been as perfect as it was at Castle Ladyhawke!

Turrentine/Holland Wedding 7/12/14

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Lindsey T

Castle Ladyhawke was the perfect venue for my Fairytale wedding. Kim, Joy and all the staff were awesome!! They were courteous, patient, efficient, kind, respectful and accommodating for all our needs. When there was a sudden change in the weather, the castle staff was extremely... Read More prompt and efficient in changing the seating from outdoors to indoors in a matter of minutes. They are the BEST!! Everything you need for your dream wedding is at the Castle. They can assist you with ALL your wedding needs. Very little decorating is needed, due to the natural beauty of the Castle and the immaculate grounds. There are endless photo and video opportunities available that will make your day memorable. They made us feel extra special and our day was magical!! A fairytale come true!! We would highly recommend Castle Ladyhawke for any wedding. Sincere appreciation to Kim, Joy and AlL the wonderful staff. Our day was perfect!!

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 shoshana r

We had an amazing wedding at Castle Ladyhawke. From the beginning we were taken care of and given so much great advice. If I ever had any question no matter how small, I would receive a reply quickly. The friendly staff make it very easy to enjoy your wedding day and they help... Read More you focus on what is important. The location is gorgeous and the ammenities were perfect for a wedding. We loved every moment.

dream come true

Reviewed on 1/02/2014 Anissa J

I would recommend Castle Ladyhawke for your intimate marriage ceremony and reception!

Gorgeous!

Reviewed on 12/13/2013 Wendy M

The castle is absolutely beautiful! They employees are very helpful. You are allowed to bring in your own venders, which is nice. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone interested in it. It makes for a wonderful backdrop for photos.

Gorgeous, but expensive

Reviewed on 11/09/2013 Jessica H

All of my guests thought the venue was absolutely beautiful, and so did we. I had some trouble during the planning stages when the staff was telling me a lot of the things I wanted wouldn't work. However, in the end, there were no major glitches and the venue was breathtaking.

it was a fairytale wedding

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Jennifer B

It really was absolutely perfect. It kept getting more and mor expensive as the wedding kept getting nearer. There is really nothing included in any package for this place but the grounds is really what you want for it. Aside from having to try to coordinate the whole thing... Read More myself the spot is the best place to go for. Just for the prices and the fact that its so secluded would have made it better if it came with packages like other venues had to offer. That way it wouldn't have felt like I was in it by myself.

2013-10-21T06:19:10 Response from Kim, the member

We do encourage our brides who choose not to engage a planner to work closely with Castle staff on planning and vendor selection so they don't have that "all alone" feeling. We also set specific package "budgets" so that clients are aware of what their... Read Less Read More

Castle Ladyhawke

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Katie S

Castle Ladyhawke is truly a magical wedding venue! The staff is great and Kim, the owner, is wonderful! She helped every step of the way! The recommended vendor list was a huge help with planning our wedding and helped us find some of the best vendors in NC! I highly recommend!!

Mrs.

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Cindi Q

Castle Ladyhawke made our dream of a fairy tale wedding for our daughter come true. What a beautiful place. The setting is just incomparable and is not duplicated in our area. The staff has weddings down to a fine art. Our guests cannot say enough about their experience.

Disappointed

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 Jessica A

The location and venue is absolutely beautiful, especially for a smaller ceremony. Up until the day of the wedding, the staff were very friendly and helpful. However, on the day of the wedding, everything kind of fell apart. We were going to have an outdoor wedding on the porch... Read More and the forecast was up in the air as to if it would rain or not. We had arrived in the morning and they had set everything up for an indoor wedding. We were told that if the chances were 50 percent and higher then we had to have it indoors. We begged to wait to see what would happen later in the day, as our wedding was not until 7 pm. They agreed to wait until 3 pm. 3 pm came and no rain. We asked if they could set things up outside and they would wait until 5 pm. We waited and there was still no rain at 5 pm. So we made the decision to have it outside as the percentage chance of rain was only 10 percent at that time. The staff then informed us that if the chances were 10 percent or more they would not have the wedding outdoors. Fifteen minutes before the wedding, all of my guests had arrived with no where to sit because nothing was set up, my family took action and set everything up themselves. What is worse, I had planned everything with the staff beforehand as far as where the DJ would be and the bar etc. and they did not set anything up. Needless to say, if it had not been for our DJ and my family no one would have known what to do or where to go. My family saved the day in trying to direct people where now the castle said "we could go" even though it had nothing to do with what was agreed to happen. Unfortunately, there was so much added stress for everyone that day that was not needed and therefore, kind of put a damper on the day.

2013-08-09T14:09:18 Response from the vendor

We try so hard to make everything perfect for our brides; but we can't control the weather! All of our documents clearly state that if the forecast is for 20% or more chance of rain, we reserve the right to relocate the ceremony indoors. This... Read Less Read More

Perfect Wedding Location

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Kristin H

I was married at Castle Ladyhawke July 12, 2013. I could not have asked for a more beautiful location, even in the rain it is gorgeous! After a 30 min summer rain storm we were still able to have our ceremony outdoors, approx 85 guests. The grounds are so green, lush, and the... Read More butterfly bushes on the back deck made a stunning backdrop to our ceremony! The staff is great and accommodating. The venue did put a big dent in my wallet, but it was a once in a lifetime day and I do not regret it! I have gotten tons of compliments and I know I could not have selected a better location!

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 7/07/2013 Lesley W

We had our spring wedding at Castle Ladyhawke, and we are so happy that we selected this venue. The staff was very helpful in answering our questions and helping us select the caterer, florist, and DJ from their list of recommended vendors. The location is just breathtaking.... Read More My mom said that it was the most photographed wedding she had ever attended. Our friends and family enjoyed the views from every patio, deck, and window!

Stunning venue

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Kristen T

From the first point of contact untill the last guest left, Kim and the rest of the Castle Ladyhawke crew helped make our wedding day a success. They provided advice on timelines, layout, vendors, and did everything possible to make sure each and every detail was how I... Read More imagined. We also found the castle to be an amazing value. It cost us less to have a CASTLE WEDDING IN THE MOUNTAINS for an entire day, than it would have cost us to rent a space locally for 4 hours. I also appreciated that they let you pick your own vendors so you have the freedom to find the vendors who meet your vision AND budget. Most of all ... the location and castle are stunning. The wedding day was the first time my older sister got to see the castle in person. The whole way there she kept saying that it cant be as amazing as we made it out to be. But when the car crested the drive and the castle came into view ... she had the same reaction the rest of us did the first time we saw it: DAMN. If you want a fairy tale wedding, this is the place to go!

Absolutely Beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 TAMMY J

My daughter was married at Castle Ladyhawke on Oct. 1, 2012. She was looking forward to an outside wedding with the mountains in the background and pictures on the grounds of the castle but it poured rain. The castle is so beautiful inside and outside though, that the wedding... Read More was perfect anyways. Joy, the castle attendant was so kind and helpful. She even walked my 75yr old mother to her car with an umbrella and made sure she didn't fall. I would highly recommend this place for anyone's wedding.

Great venue and staff butt the extras add up

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Dusty M

Castle Ladyhawke is a beautiful venue and the owner and staff work very hard to make your day perfect. Any time I ever had a question or needed advice the owner would return my emails immediately and she always answered my phone calls. We were allowed to bring our dogs there... Read More for the big day, which was really nice :) Her staff was very friendly, our castle coordinator even came in early that morning so we could get an early start decorating. I cannot say enough good things about the location, the staff, and the support provided by the owner. My only complaint about the Castle is the way she prices out her rentals. There were so many extra fees that the cost of the castle rental were almost doubled. When renting a venue for the day you expect to pay things like cleaning fees and deposits, but her bill detailed a fee for every chair, table and tablecloth that was used. We used a small table to put some water bottles on at the front entrance for about an hour and she charged a rental fee for using the table. Even her chair rental fee is a bit ridiculous. She charges $2.50 for each chair rental plus $1 to set them up, $1 to move them for dinner, and $1 to put them away. That means that for each chair you are actually paying $5.50. I realize that she's running a business but by the end of it all I did feel a little 'nickle and dimed to death'. Please don't let this discourage you from booking Castle Ladyhawke, just know up front that the cost of renting the Castle for the day is not the total cost of your day. You should keep plenty of room in your budget for all the extras.

2012-07-10T12:13:12 Response from the vendor

Dusty is right; whatever venue you select, make sure you are aware of all the applicable fees and service charges required for your event, including any taxes or gratuities. At Castle Ladyhawke we provide you with a "Budget Quote" which not only fully details all... Read Less Read More

Castle Ladyhawke Wedding

Reviewed on 7/08/2012 Kellie C

Castle Ladyhawke is a beautiful venue for a wedding. We used it for our Spring desitination wedding in May 2012. Kim was so helpful & was wonderful at communicating. I dont think I could have done any of it without her. She also gave fantastic advice regarding other vendors &... Read More they were also amazing. Originally we wanted to have the reception indoors, but they recently built an outdoor deck that was perfect for our reception. The castle attendant, Joy, on the day of was great also. She was very accomodating & was a helpful hand the entire day. I would choose this venue over & over again.

TO Castle Ladyhawke