Retirement Sale Patrice Catan retires at end of 16

Wedding Fashion Icon Patrice Catan Alberty announces she will be retiring at the end of 2016. Private appointments will be available through April 3rd, 2016. Retirement Sales starts immediately, 20-70% OFF in stock Bridal & Couture Gowns, Mother of the Bride/Groom and Children's Dresses. 20% OFF all in stock headpieces, veils, shoes and jewelry. 40% OFF all in stock Prom Dresses. Catan Fashions offers a truly unique wedding shopping experience. With over 54,000 square feet of wedding wonderland, a newly engaged bride is sure to have a blast shopping for her dream wedding! Our bridal consultants are trained in wedding fashion and we are ready to turn your dreams into reality!

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

Bow2007

12878 Pearl Rd, Strongsville, OH

Perfect Dress

Reviewed on 8/25/2011 Kate J

Every girl has that perfect idea of what dress they want. Well, we tired my idea... it didn't work out. The fit I thought I wanted did not fit my body at all. Our consultant seemed newer, but she was very easy to work with and wanted to make sure she got everything... Read More right. At first, my mother and I were a bit overwhelmed because there are SO MANY dresses. They have got a little bit of everything there. So our consultant advised me to pick out dresses. She said ya know it doesn't hurt to just try it on. If you don't like it, no harm done, we can try something else. I picked out about 10 dresses I thought might look good. Well, we stopped after dress 5. It's true. You just know, and its an awesome feeling. Since we planned our wedding in 4 months we needed to get a rush order on my dress and I needed to get it made to fit me because there were no seems to alter it after it was made. The dress came in on time, and fit pretty much perfectly. The only thing we needed to add was a bussle. However, after the rush order and the special sizing was added in, there was about an additional $500 added to my bill which was already higher than I had hoped. It's almost sickening what we will pay for a dress for one night, but I felt beautiful all night and boy did my butt look AWESOME!

Made all of my wedding dreams come true

Reviewed on 8/10/2011 Cherish D

Catan Fashions is a one stop shop with the largest selection! I found my dream dress, my dream headpiece, jewelry, veil, EVERYTHING! As if that was not enough, the Catan's staff is the absolute BEST! They are the people you want to be around as a bride. Not only does Catan's... Read More have everything for the bride, but they can dress your mother's, bridesmaids, flower girls, and tuxes. Catan's also has an event planning sector. Brenda Kucinski and Patrice Catan are absolute visionaries that will make your wedding dreams come true!

Great overall experience

Reviewed on 7/21/2011 Nikki B

My dress experience was overall great. The women there are very helpful, although they need to stop with calling clients "honey" every other sentence. Someone needs to tell them it's patronizing and a "no-no" when dealing with clients. They also didn't have me on their... Read More appointment books for my first dress fitting, but once I told them I flew in from Chicago for this specific fitting, they were able to fit me in. Olga was amazing with her alterations and also gave us tips on what to bring the day of the wedding, how to pose in the pictures, etc. She really and truly took an interest in me and my wedding and made it more personal. She even gave me a big hug before I left at my last fitting and was genuinely excited for me! Outstanding employee!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Melissa P

This was the third shop I went shopping for my wedding dress and I'm glad I had gone to the other two, because I would have thought the level of service at Catan was the standard when it is NOT. First, the dresses were all smashed together. You could barely pull one out to see... Read More if you liked it. Then when trying on dresses, the consultant offered me no assistance. Every other dress shop would prepare the dress and help me slip it on, make sure it is clipped and looked its best before I would see it. This consultant basically handed me the dress to fend for myself and when my mom or bridesmaids tried to help as they watched me struggle standing there in my underwear trying to get into these enormous dresses, they were reprimanded by the consultant and told she would help. Most of the dresses looked awful probably because the consultant would not clip or hold anything to make it look right. And the pressure she put on me to say YES or NO to every dress when I just wanted to try everything on and go from there. It was like I had to make a definite decision after every dress. Overall, I left Catans stressed, overwhelmed, and very displeased with how I was treated. The only redemption was the personal visit from Pat, the owner. Had my whole shopping experience been done by her, it may have been very different. She seemed like a friendly, caring, and helpful woman, but she was only stopped by my room for a minute.

Reviewed on 1/16/2016 Katie H

I had a scheduled appointment but It was hard to find someone to check in with. Once I gave my budget to the sales associate her demeanor changed. She was very matter of fact and snotty. We were very happy to leave 20 minutes later. I felt like a low class bride. Very... Read More disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Allison R

We had a great experience with Catan. We bought my wedding dress, 2 mother of the bride gowns, and my bridesmaid dresses there. I had a great experience trying on gowns with Alicia. Pat in bridesmaids and the ladies in mother of the bride department were wonderful. They knew us... Read More by name! We had all of our alterations with Jela, who did a fantastic job. The tuxes were also from the Tuxedo Junction. We couldn't be happier with ALL of our purchases! We will miss having a reason to go to Catan's!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Meredith C

Catan's did my wedding dress and all of the attendants' dresses and of course there was a ton of selection and it was super fun picking them out. But what's really great about Catan's is their alterations department - especially Olga. Olga had me in for three separate fittings... Read More and painstakingly went over every inch of my dress to ensure it fit perfectly. She did a stunning job on the dress and I am so glad I did all of my alterations at Catan's. Catan's also took care of all of the attendants' alterations, including the Best Woman, who had just flown in from England a week prior to the wedding. Her dress needed significant alterations and Olga got it done with plenty of time to spare before the big day. Seriously, I am so glad we went with Catan's for the dresses and alterations - they are absolutely worth it!

The Kleinfeld's of Cleveland

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Sarah M

Catan Fashions was THE BEST place to shop for my wedding gown. They offer so much to help you plan for your wedding as well. I had a fantastic experience and would recommend Catan's to ANY bride with any price range, style or size. There are options for anyone and everyone. You... Read More will be AMAZED, trust me because I was!

Unforgettable (in a bad way)

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Alison M

This was the first bridal salon that I went to because I liked that it was local and had heard that there were lots of selections. I was incredibly nervous about trying on dresses and was looking forward to having a guiding hand about my dress choices from a professional.... Read More Unfortunately that was not my experience at all. I ended the appointment early, stressed and in tears. Here's why: 1-I brought it pictures of dresses that I liked (styles not necessarily the exact dress) or that I thought might be flattering like everyone says to do, but when I showed them to the stylist she informed me that there was no way they were going to fit in my budget and I was looking at $7000 dresses (my budget was 1200). I told her they were just styles I liked and she still thought I would have rethink my ideas. 2-I am a normal dress size 10-12 (and physically fit) and there were barely any sample dresses for me to try on. Many of things I liked were too small and the stylist acted aggravated that I was the size I was (which honestly isn't even that big). We would find dresses that should have fit that didn't and I started to feel very much less than beautiful or bridal. 3-the sample dresses (and the sale dresses that were being sold as is--what was "in my budget" according to the stylist) were in terrible shape. Greying, tears, spots and stains. 4-The whole appointment experience felt rushed. The stylist didn't want me in a dress (once we found some that fit) for longer than a quick look--she kept pushing for us to keep going and not even think about it. I get that they need to move people along or they would be there all day, but it wasn't even enough time to get a feel for how the dress would feel like on the day. It took a call from my husband (then fiancee) to calm me down and get me out of there--and it was him that assured me I would feel bridal somewhere else. When I did go somewhere else and mention my frustration, the stylist there commented that she has had many brides come in and have the same comments about Catan's. How can all of us still think its a good place to go?

Reviewed on 7/05/2015 Ann Marie B

I have been shopping other places but nothing compared to the comfort and knowledge when shopping for my gown as j received at Catan's!!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 JANELLE B

AWFUL! For as much hype this place get s I was disgusted. They put the bride and brides maids in one small room together. We were sitting on each others laps to make room for the people trying on dresses. The women attending to us seemed more bothered than thrilled to be... Read More helping us. Would not recommend to anyone. The poor bride we went with felt like she was put on the back burner. The best part, the place was empty so it's not like their attention was elsewhere.

Loved my Wedding dress!

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Ashley M

I loved the endless options you get at Catans. There are so many different styles you can choose from. The consultant was awesome and very friendly. She gave great advice about choosing the right dress. The seamstress was amazing as well. She gave advice about the actual... Read More wedding day and how to pose perfectly for pictures. I loved my dress and got a lot of compliments!

Great experience!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Emily M

Catan's is such a beautiful bridal salon! You feel like a princess as soon as you walk in, surrounded by stunning gowns. My first trip to the salon, my mom and I were met by Kimberly and after telling her a general idea of what I was looking for and our budget, she immediately... Read More found about 15 dresses for me to try on. It was so much fun! I found my dress on the first visit and ordered that day. However, when I got home afterward I noticed there were two different options for how the back of the dress was cut which I wasn't told about in the store. I called and made sure I ordered the cut that I liked. When I went in for my inspection appointment, it was stunning! My mom took pictures, we signed the inspection form and left. Again, I got home and realized the wrong cut on the back was ordered! Because I was actually wearing the dress and had a hard time seeing the back I made sure to ask the women helping (not Kimberly this time) if it was, in fact, the cut I wanted and she had confirmed that it was. After looking at the pictures when I got home that my mom had snapped, I immediately knew it wasn't the right cut. Because we already signed off on the dress though there was nothing more that could be done. So, I kept the dress with the wrong back. However, my seamstress, Jela, was AMAZING! When my wedding week arrived, the dress fit like a glove and I completely forgot about the wrong back. I felt gorgeous! Jela was, by far, the power house of Catan's. She simply works magic! My dress was covered in delicate lace with a satin slip underneith and you would have never known anyone touched the thing. It was perfect. Everything went smoothly!! Highly recommend.

Horrible experience

Reviewed on 4/22/2015 Abby y

I am a young bride and went to Catan's I did not find a wedding gown I fell in love with ,however, I did find a rehearsal dinner dress. My measurements were taken and I ordered the dress. A few months later my dress had arrived so I anxiously drove to the store to try it on. I... Read More invited my bridesmaids to come so we could look at dresses for them as well and as I went to try on the dress the associate helping me literally gasped and said loudly "Oh, this is bad!"The dress puckered around my rib cage and the associate explained it was way too tight and insinuated that I had gained weight in the short amount of time I had been waiting. I was completely mortified and my whole bridal party stood in shock. I had never felt so disrespected in my life. Needless to say the whole alteration process was just as bad. The seamstress said that "it was the winter time" and that is why the dress no longer fit. However, the place where I purchased my dress I got the same time and it was fitted and measured perfectly. Overall, everyone there was extremely rude and treated me as if I was a burden. I do not reccomend anyone to go here and if you do hope you do not have the same experience as I did.

LOVE!!!!!!

Reviewed on 3/17/2015 nicole F

The first time I walked into Catan's, I knew immediately that I would be purchasing a dress! The staff was EXCELLENT and extremely helpful. They took their time helping me find the perfect gown. The owner is always in the store and is the sweetest lady in the world. She checks... Read More on the bride constantly to make sure they are satisfied. The ladies in all of the departments go above and beyond!!! I would recommend Catans to ANYONE!

Worst Service

Reviewed on 2/08/2015

The service there was terrible. The dresses are in huge sizes. I'm kinda petite. They actually stuffed a pillow in my dresses!

Dress Shop Walmart

Reviewed on 2/08/2015

The whole experience was like going to Walmart. There's nothing special about this place.

Best dress

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Rose G

I found the most beautiful dress here at this location, They have a very large selection of dresses and very reasonably priced.

One Stop Shop!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Andrea C

I used Catan Fashion for all my wedding dress needs (dress, veil, hair accessory, and alterations) as well as obtaining my bridesmaids dresses. They have an amazing selection and were extremely helpful when it came to picking out my dress. The associate I worked with really knew... Read More her dresses and by telling her what I liked and didn't like, we were able to find the perfect dress! The ladies in bridesmaids were also amazingly helpful. They pointed my girls and I in the right direction and were very helpful when it came time to ordering the dresses and getting them in on time. Alternations department was also very accommodating and great on giving tips of what to do and not to do while wearing my dress.

Absolutely amazing

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Kara m

Catan Fashions was overwhelming at first. So many gowns to choose from. When I went up there to look for a dress I thought I had the perfect one picked out. Needless to say it was not so perfect on me. The lady who helped me picked out on that she thought would fit my... Read More personality and my style. Well of course it was my perfect dress!!! I knew just when I put it on. Great staff working there that made everything perfect.

LOVED LOVED MY DRESS

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 rebecca s

I got my gown at a steal.It was the last one left so they gave it to me at 50% off. It was around $3000 after the discount. They did a great job with alterations. It looked perfect!

Gorgeous Dress

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Jaime M

I received so many compliments on my wedding gown from Catan Fashions. The dress sparkled and fit me perfectly. It was everything I dreamed of in a wedding dress!

LOVED my sample dress!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Sara W

Catan's was the 5th bridal shop I'd gone to, I couldn't find a dress (I'll admit I was VERY picky). I tried on upwards of 50 dresses which was awful. I went to Catan's with a $1000 budget (not including alterations) and after looking around didn't think I'd find my dress here... Read More either, prices were higher than I thought. But I tried on a few to give myself better idea of want I wanted and what kind of budget I'd need to get it. I still couldn't find a dress... then toward the end of the appointment the consultant found it in the sample room! She brought it in and I knew it was my dress! And it was far under budget! I was really nervous that the size 12 dress could not be altered to fit my size 2 frame but the assured me that it could be done so I bought it. Alterations were nerve racking for me but not because of them but because I was still concerned about the size issue. But Yela didn't bat an eye and started pinning away and my first appointment. By the time she was done with all the sewing and hemming the dress was perfect! Fit like a second skin on the day of my wedding. I was worried about being able to move in it due to is weight and it being a ball gown and strapless but I danced the night away with no fear! I love my dress so much and I'm so glad I found it!

Wedding gown

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Kim A

This was a great shopping experience. They have a great selection of gowns with varying prices.

Disappointed

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Rachael N

I went to Catan's ready to buy a dress. The consultant I worked with had been at the company for about a week and had little to no knowledge of the product. We were hurried out of the store at 5:20 when store hours were listed as open until 6:00pm. The price of the dress I found... Read More was marked up about $500 compared to other boutiques I looked at and the alterations were a flat fee of $500 regardless of how much altering the dress actually required. Overall, I had a very poor experience and will be buying my dress elsewhere.