Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet

16789 SW Juliann Lane, Aloha, OR (503) 642-3934

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Alysha B

Communication with Laurie was always easy we had no issue setting up a time to do a taste test with her either. Every time we spoke or met, she was very kind and professional! The food at the wedding was delicious and there was more than enough. The staff was so kind and... Read More helpful.. And they checked in with me a few times to make sure I was fed and taken care of during the wedding and they also sent me home with a to go box for my husband and I in addition to packaging up all the left overs. Laurie also allowed me to utilize the drink containers the rest of my wedding even after the catering staff left on the condition that I returned it that next week. Overall our experience with Catering by Laurie was awesome (I've seen her at other events too-also awesome).. And I would recommend her to any friend or family member!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Erin A

My husband and I were recommended to Laurie by the venue we booked for our wedding. We had actually already decided to do a tasting with her based on her prices and options before they recommended her. She was easily the most cost efficient and had the most options of any other... Read More caterers available on their website. We loved her! She was professional, friendly, and genuine. We learned that a lot of people in the wedding industry are.....well...fake. We didn't get that feeling at all from Laurie and appreciate her frankness and LOVED her food. It was all delicious and there were plenty of options. We choose to do a heavy hors d'oeuvre reception, and we were not disappointed! We also opted to use Laurie's petite pleasures in lieu of a cake (though we had a small one for cutting), and it was all delicious! Two caterers and a bartender were provided and they were all lovely and accommodating and very professional. We particularly appreciate the fact that they prepared a platter of food for us to take for the wedding night, it was much needed! They also sent the rest of the food home with our families, and they ate well for weeks afterward! Overall, we were incredibly pleased and would recommend Laurie and her staff to anyone asking! Thank you, Catering by Laurie! :)

Catering by Laurie was SO helpful and perfect

Reviewed on 7/24/2015

Laurie was very professional, helpful, and did EVERYTHING she could to make our event flawless. Our event was 11 to 2 pm, and the food that Laurie provided was perfect. We had "heavy hor'dourves", petite cupcakes and a small wedding cake for cutting. We also hired a bartender... Read More to prevent any issues that might happen, and she was a necessity. Every time I spoke to Laurie, she assured me that things were all in order and everything was going well...and it was. She was reasonable, delivered a wonderful product, and everyone raved about the food that was provided.

Delightfully Delicious

Reviewed on 12/31/2014 Laura V

My now husband and I knew she was the one at first bite. Laurie was wonderful to work with and she stood by us every step of the way. She had a lively spirit and I could tell she knew her stuff! Her food was delicious and the pricing was perfect for our needs. She communicated... Read More with us regularly through email and the occasional phone call. The day of, everything was tip-top. Her staff had everything under control and were really friendly. Plus, you didn't notice them most of the time. We appreciated having plates of food set aside for us so we could eat as soon as we entered the reception area. Everything was exceptional and I would use Catering by Laurie again! Also, her chocolate-covered strawberries are delicious.

Catering By Laurie - Awesome Service

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Kayla

Catering By Laurie did an amazing job at my wedding. Jason and I were really impressed with Laurie's flexibility to our changes to the menu...even when it was getting really close to the wedding. We had a Thanksgiving style dinner and it was really good. I was not... Read More disappointed with any of dishes that were served. A lot of the guests mentioned to my husband and I that the food served at our wedding was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Everyone was very impressed! We also had a desert table that Laurie puts together and it was perfect! It gave our guests a lot of choices. We also had Laurie's staff serve the alcohol and they did a great job with that as well. They did a great job cleaning up after the wedding and had all of the leftovers packed and ready to take home. They even made a small plate just for me and my husband to take to the hotel room. Catering By Laurie went above and beyond my expectations. I would recommend this catering service to any bride-to-be.

Catering by Laurie was AMAZING - above and beyond!

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Pam M

I can't recommend Catering by Laurie highly enough! Her warmth, professionalism, and the quality of her food and staff were incredible. When we contacted her, she returned our calls or emails immediately. Even when we were difficult to reach, Laurie was always gracious and... Read More patient with us. She was well-prepared for our tasting, with a variety of options for us to try. She asked us about what type of wedding we were having, the dietary needs of our guests, and was more than willing to work within our (limited) budget. We had vegetarian and gluten-sensitive guests, so she recommended a spread that included something for everyone. She was flexible in working out a payment plan with us in the months leading up to the wedding. On our wedding day, everything was displayed beautifully. She had promised that in the hustle and bustle of our big day, her staff would make sure that we ate first. She kept her promise. My wife has a disability that affects her mobility, and Laurie's staff went out of their way to make sure she did not have to do unnecessary walking. They asked us if we'd prefer for them to make us plates (rather than have my wife make the trek over to the buffet table with her walker), and we were grateful for their sensitivity to that need. Throughout the evening, they checked in with us, asking if we had enough to eat, or if we needed anything. As the evening wound down, they gave us a giant "take home" serving of delicious food to take back to our hotel for later, complete with a healthy portion of everything we'd offered our guests. The chocolate covered strawberries were also a beautiful touch. We froze some of the chocolate covered strawberries and enjoyed them on our two week wedding anniversary. She really thought of everything. Several of our guests who are getting married were very impressed and hoping to enlist Laurie as their caterer. If we ever have another big family event, we will absolutely choose Catering by Laurie.

Delicious

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Tia C

My husband and I chose Laurie to cater our wedding on October 5th 2013. After meeting with several caterers, Laurie was our hands down choice to cater our wedding. Laurie’s food was delicious! The quality of the food was exactly what we expected after our fabulous taster. The... Read More quantity of the food was beyond what we could expect we had more than enough food to feed all of our guests with enough left over to feed friends and family for several days after. Laurie was easy to work with, responded to all questions that I had within 24 hours. The servers that Laurie provided for our wedding were incredibly kind and attentive. I had nothing to worry about with Laurie catering our wedding. I would highly recommend Laurie to anybody.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Cassy H

I met with Laurie for the first time back in January at the Portland Bridal Show. I was hesitant at first because I was afraid my budget was too low for her to work with...I was so mistaken! Laurie did everything possible to be flexible with her services to meet my desired... Read More budget... We met with her early on in the year for a sampling of her food which was absolutely delicious. She invited my fiance at the time and me over to her home where we were greeted with a cute sampling of all of her best dishes. We went over all of the costs and what all was included in her package prices. She was very straightforward with everything and didn't leave anything hidden from us. We put our deposit down for her services and everything else was flawless! Laurie was great about staying in contact over the months and checking in with me to make sure everything was on track and going well. She was very thorough and prompt with our email discussions. Our wedding day went without a hitch...we had four of her staff members serve at our wedding. They were all a pleasure to work with! They showed up on time, prepared all of the food beautifully, poured our toast for 150 ish people, cut the cake, and also did clean up for us! After the reception was over I was surprised to find all of our leftovers wrapped up and waiting for us to take home as well as a to-go plate for my husband and I to take to our hotel room! I am so very happy that I chose Catering By Laurie for my wedding day. I would not hesitate to recommend her business to my family and friends!

Horrible Experience On All Counts

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Allison W

I have been in contact with Laurie for five months at this point to coordinate catering services for my wedding reception. I wanted to schedule a tasting for specific menu items, and put down our deposit. Laurie's busy schedule prevented her from being able to accommodate the... Read More specialized tasting during the busy summer months, but she agreed that she would tentatively put me on the calendar for my wedding date until her schedule calmed down some, and that she would contact if she needed more of a commitment from me before that time. After months of me checking in to try to find a convenient time for a specialized menu sampling, Laurie E-Mailed saying that she was not making the dishes we were wanting anytime soon, but that we could pay for the tasting to schedule it sooner. I responded back saying that sounded great, and asked what she would charge. A week goes by with no response back from Laurie, so I pinged her again to ensure that she had received my message. She responded back saying that she had booked another event for my reception date, and 'wished me the best of luck'. When I responded back voicing my shock and frustration at her booking another event on the day she had assured me would be tentatively held after MONTHS of E-Mails, and mentioned that I would be providing my feedback to other brides looking for catering services, she made zero apologies and actually went so far as to blame me for not being content with her 'sample tasting' that offered absolutely nothing that was on my desired menu, along with telling me that if I felt my complaints against her services 'would make my wedding plans go better, that is sad start to a marriage'. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, AS WELL AS PERSONALLY INSULTING. Laurie's behavior is inconsiderate, her responsiveness is lacking, her utter inflexibility on offering samples is ludicrous considering the amount of money involved, and her customer service is abysmal. I would not recommend Laurie to anyone, EVER.

Presentation is good but quality and quantity of food is not.

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Angela R

Had a small wedding party. Several food items ran out before even 1/3 of my guests had served themselves. When people in my party asked for the items they were told there was none left. Shortcuts were taken at every turn because this caterer overbooked herself at 5 separate... Read More events over the same weekend. Do not order the chicken it is horribly dry and everyone complained about it. If you do a tasting with this caterer choose you own menu items to taste because she does the same tasting for everyone. If you want specific food at your wedding ask to taste it and take lots of photos because menu items were not what we ordered. We talked to our caterer about our experience and were told that our guests must have overate and this experience was truly every bride's worst nightmare. I would suggest going somewhere else ladies. Do not be fooled by the presentation!

Good Food

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Erin D

The food at my wedding was delicious. However, we ran out of food...not acceptable. Half of the staff was so nice and amazing. The other half had an attitude. It was a great deal and we saved a lot of money, but I am not sure I would use again.

Wedding

Reviewed on 9/03/2013

unfortunatl thousands of dollars were spent on food that tasted store bought. The chichen sticks were tasteless and meatballs were not homemade at all and the asparagus spears were not cleaned cut or cooked. I would not recommend this caterer to anyone.

Awesome Service!

Reviewed on 6/15/2013 Keeley L

This thing I loved most about Laurie is that she was super flexible. She understands that people are on a budget and that weddings are expensive. She has several different options for serve ware and flat ware that you can choose from that will affect that price range. She starts... Read More off by asking what your budget is and works with your to build a menu that is comfortable for you. Also, that food was super yummy too. They were very professional at our wedding and wore uniforms. I would highly recommend this vendor for your wedding!

Fantastic Wedding Dinner!

Reviewed on 1/20/2013 Kass H

Laurie was awesome! She was easy to work with, affordable, flexible with the menu, and accommodated a number of “close to last minute” changes without batting an eye. Both the food and the service people were fantastic !

We LOVED Laurie!

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Christina S

Oh man - Laurie was beyond fantastic! Her price was spot on and her food was delicious! She let us come in for two tastings and change our menu multiple times! She even threw in some extras for us at the last minute. She's super busy but I could always get her on the phone and... Read More she was so quick to respond to emails. Guests particularly loved her dessert buffet which included mini cupcakes, cheesecake lollipops, petite fours, and much more! She even put together really fun candy jars in our colors. As a pescatarian, I was really happy with her selection of food (especially the veggie meatballs, yum!). The ladies that worked at our wedding day of were amazing - so friendly and helpful! Laurie and her crew are awesome! Highly recommend!

Great Caterer

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Becca M

Laurie has been doing this a long time and she definitely knows what she is doing! She had everything set up so seamlessly and was even able to provide us a dessert bar too! Food was great and everyone enjoyed.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/09/2012 Kim V

Catering By Laurie did a fantastic job! Laurie worked with us to prepare a few special plates for our guests with food allergies at no extra cost. The presentation of the food was wonderful and the staff very friendly!

Laurie is fabulous!

Reviewed on 9/07/2012 Natasha M

We were extremely impressed with Laurie's service, presentation, and most importantly food! Everything was fabulous and she was very accommodating and flexible. And very reasonably priced. I have already recommended her and would whole heartedly do so again!

Catering by Laurie

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Shaun Lakisha R

The food was great, the presentation was beautifiul and went along with my wedding theme. The prices are very reasonable and affordable

Flexible, easy and tasty

Reviewed on 8/25/2012 Anne O

What I really liked about Catering by Laurie was that she stuck to my budget, offered many ideas/foods and was very easy to work with. We came in for a tasting appointment, selected the foods that we liked according to budget, and she did the rest. We also had some... Read More indecisiveness about which items we wanted, so she just said to let her know at least 2 weeks in advance, and we were fine. I was also not sure on whether to have alchohol, so once again, just let her know in advance and she would provide a bartender. Super easy! The day of, everyone ate (it was very good food for being a buffet of hors d'ouvres) and they cleaned up and took care of things, and even made us a take home tray for the bride and groom. I didn't have to worry about a single thing on my wedding day, they took care of everything!

People are still raving about the food!

Reviewed on 8/21/2012 Lindsey B

Catering by Laurie is a very special company. from the minute we went and tried her menu we knew that it was exactly what we wanted to serve at our wedding. it was the type of food that felt home cooked and all of our friends and family LOVED it! We also got a sweethearts... Read More package to take back to the hotel at the end of the night which after tons of visiting and dancing we absolutely needed! Wonderful food and amazing people who work so hard to make your day fabulous!

Unforgettable

Reviewed on 12/02/2011 Amber H

Catering by Laurie was one of the highlights of our wedding. Besides the fact that Laurie is the sweetest person you will ever meet, she makes fantastic food. Her lasagna was outstanding (and my husband is picky about his lasagna), the fruit porcupine was classy and fun, but... Read More nothing will top her meatballs. Our guests are still talking about them. They say, "The food at your wedding was fantastic, but those meatballs...man oh man were they good." Laurie knows exactly what she is doing and makes it so you don't even have to think about a thing. You can just enjoy the food and celebrate. I will definitely use Laurie again for any special events we have.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 K F

Very personal service, great staff and absolutely delicious food.

Great Value and Great Food!

Reviewed on 10/14/2011 Amanda K

Laurie is wonderful to work with, and she offers such a great menu for very reasonable prices. Our food was outstanding (way better than the usual buffet food) and we paid under $25 a head for a full buffet, bartender and waited cocktail hour. I don't think it would be... Read More possible to find someone better the Laurie in the Portland area wihtout paying $40+ a head! Highly recommended!

Laurie is awesome!

Reviewed on 9/21/2011 Christina S

The food was great, the service was great, she is amazing! There really is nothing else to say, she and her team did a great job!