Cathy L. Thorsell Photography

Pittsfield, NH

Fun and Creative Photography for your Special Day!

Offering two experience professional wedding photographers. Our style is a perfect mix of fun and creative photography. We capture great atmosphere, detail shots as well as traditional and candid shots of you and your guests. 5% of sales donated to breast cancer research in memory of Cathy's Mom.

Engagement, Trash The Dress

19 Tan Road, Pittsfield, NH

Winter Wedding Christmas Farm Inn

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Jacqueline V

Cathy and Nate are amazing and everything you could ask for in wedding photographers. We worked with them for our wedding and engagement photos and could not have been happier. They had never been to our wedding venue and to our surprise they took a trip to the destination ahead... Read More of time to scope out good spots for wedding photos. This was not asked of them and really made us feel as if they cared about their work and our wedding. They found a beautiful spot overlooking the mountains that we did not even know existed! On our wedding day they arrived early and were with us in our rooms at the time we planned. Once the ceremony was over they drove us around to a few picture sites in the small town of Jackson, NH which was another added bonus you may not get from an average photographer.Our family and friends noticed how professional and comftorable they were throughout the wedding and had many nice things to say. We have over 1,000 pictures of so many moments. So many we are having a hard time figuring out which ones to frame and get on canvas. If you want beautiful pictures done by a very nice professional couple, Cathy and Nate are perfect for your big day!

2015-10-10T09:52:17 Response from the vendor

Jacqueline and Michael- We thoroughly enjoyed our day with you! You are such a fun couple we felt like we were all good friends! You picked a beautiful venue for your wedding. We love visiting new venues and scoping out photo ops for our wedding... Read Less Read More

Family Pictures

Reviewed on 6/10/2015

Amazing and so nice! Works very well with children and families. Quality of the pictures are amazing, she is an over all nice person. I would hands down, pick her to do any of my pictures from now on.

2015-10-17T06:59:23 Response from the vendor

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for trusting me with the photos for your daughters birthday invite as well as family photos! It was so much fun to take photos of the three of you. You are lots of fun and I really enjoyed our shoot together!... Read Less Read More

Boudoir portraits

Reviewed on 4/08/2015

I am a 54-year-old wife, mother, and grandmother. i never imagined having my picture taken in sexy lingerie or my 2-piece bathing suit could be so much fun! Cathy is such a professional, she greeted me with a glass of wine and chocolates, made me feel so welcomed and... Read More comfortable. She helped me with makeup and picking the right jewelry to go with the outfits I brought. I was completely relaxed and enjoyed everything about this experience. This was a gift for my husband's birthday and the best gift he has ever received, bringing tears to his eyes. I would highly recommend everyone do this for themselves. It made me feel good about me and with Cathy's many talents, she brings out the best of you. thanks to Cathy my husband has a 5x5 album to cherish for many, many years and I have the memories of a wonderful photo shoot with a special photographer that made me feel like a million bucks! Thanks Cathy for your time and talents.

2015-04-11T05:56:07 Response from the vendor

Donna did such a great job with her photo shoot! Although she was nervous to start, we quickly excited about taking photos, posing and picking outfits for her to wear! Donna chose the album package. Directly after her shoot, I downloaded the images and we... Read Less Read More

Family Portraits

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

We selected Cathy L. Thorsell Photoraphy for our Family Portraits. We asked Cathy to photograph a group of 15 family members as well as each individual family. That being said, a group of that size takes some coordination and Cathy handled it all with ease and... Read More professionalism. She was flexible to our location needs and provided quality photography in a timely manner. She is the ultimate professional and such a pleasure to work with. We love that a portion of her proceeds are donated to a charity that is so important to so many people. We were very impressed with the presentation of our final purchases and would most definitely recommend her services.

2015-10-17T06:50:23 Response from the vendor

It was so much fun to photograph your family! I was very happy to photograph all of you at your home as you have a beautiful yard with lots of great photo spots! Thank you for choosing me, it was a honor to be a... Read Less Read More

Excellent Pet Portrait Photography!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015

Cathy did a photo session for me and my 3 large dogs. She captured everyone's unique personalities and some precious candid moments as well! Very accommodating, easy to work with, and quality work. A++

2015-10-17T06:53:43 Response from the vendor

Hi Lorrie, I really loved photographing your three beautiful dogs! They did very well in my home studio- very friendly and well behaved! Very fun to photograph! Thank you for choosing me to capture each of their unique personalities! They did so great!

Boudoir Shoot

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Danielle B

When I was looking for photographers for my wedding, I came across Cathy Thorsell, who wrote that she had a passion for boudoir shoots. I ended up going with another photographer for my wedding, but the thought just stuck with me. I contacted her and asked if she would be... Read More willing do do a boudoir shoot as a gift to my husband on our wedding night. Both myself and my friend who came with me are from out of state, so Cathy was very accommodating on the day and time that we were available. When we got there I was nervous, but she made me feel very comfortable right away! The shoot was a blast, and afterwards I got to see the photos and immediately discard any I didn't like. We came up with a great group of photos for her to edit and put into an 8" x 8" album. The photoshop skills were great (I had a bunch of bruises on my legs), the quality was great, and my husband loved the album. I would definitely recommend her to any woman looking to do boudoir shoots!

2015-10-17T06:57:39 Response from the vendor

Danielle, You are a beautiful person, inside and out. I felt like I was photographing a friend even though we had just met! You shared some of the struggles and triumphs you have had in your life and you truly inspired me. You have such... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Taylar C

Cathy and Nate are an amazing team and are so passionate about photography. You can just feel the energy and excitement when you work with them. They did our wedding, and they were so much fun and so easy to be around. Cathy was always ready and thinking of new poses and ideas.... Read More When we wern't posing, it was like they weren't even there, but yet caught every important moment. We also had the photo booth that was a huge hit at our wedding! IT was so much fun! We got our pictures back very quickly and are so very happy with how well they came out and we couldn't be happier with both Cathy and Nate. Thank you both so much! Picture Perfect!

2015-10-10T09:42:08 Response from the vendor

Taylar and Corbin, you had an awesome wedding! We really enjoyed photographing you and your guests! You picked a beautiful venue and were so much fun to work with throughout your day. We enjoyed every moment and are happy to have provided you with memories... Read Less Read More

Not just a Bridal Photographer!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

Cathy and her husband Nathan have been offering their photography services to our patients in the Payson Center for Cancer Care at Concord Hospital. Every June for Cancer Survivors Day they have photographed our patients and their families, provided them with an immediate... Read More portrait and a flash drive of the pictures they have taken. Our patients go home with beautiful memory of the day. Cathy and Nathan take time with each of the survivors and no request for that "perfect shot" is too small. I would recommend their services for any photgraphic needs, not only is their work excellent but they are wonderful to work with!! Sherry Gamble Payson Center for Cancer Care at Concord Hospital.

2015-09-15T17:21:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sherry for these wonderful words and for all of the great things you do for cancer patients every day. Nathan and I love photographing the survivors and their loved ones at this event each year. It is such a pleasure to see them... Read Less Read More

Cathy took family portraits, not wedding

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

Cathy has come to our house now for 5 years to take family portraits when our son, daughter in law, and granddaughter are here to visit from out of state. Cathy instantly 'connected' with our then 4 yr old granddaughter Skylar the first time they met and Skylar would have stood... Read More on her head if Cathy had asked. Cathy put us in relaxed, yet creative poses, all of which we loved when we saw her final pictures. Cathy is flexible and works with our schedules. We love that Cathy gives us a disc with all the photos so we can use them in many different ways for ourselves and for gifts. Cathy has become a dear friend by capturing our images year by year. She is a 10 in our book!

2015-09-15T17:24:26 Response from the vendor

I LOVE photographing your wonderful family! It is such a great honor to be a part of your yearly photos! I love working with you guys and little miss Skylar. She is growing up so fast and I am so happy to have been a... Read Less Read More

Talented Team

Reviewed on 9/07/2015

Cathy and her husband were everything I was looking for in photographers: considerate, professional, and easy to communicate with. We purchased a USB of our photographs as well as a CD that contained the pictures formatted for social media. There were more than 1000 photos! It... Read More was so amazing to see how many wonderful moments they were able to capture. Throughout the ceremony, I did not notice them they were so discrete. As a team they were able to work together and get all of the events from different angles. I was so happy to have such special moments caught on camera. After the ceremony, working with them as we took our family photos and couple shots was smooth and easy. They each have an artistic eye! The pictures we received included some well done touches, and we are so pleased with the results! I would highly recommend this talented team for your wedding.

2015-09-14T13:20:06 Response from the vendor

Nathan and I had such a great time photographing your wedding! It was the first time we had all met, as we were hired online. And, we really enjoyed working with you! You are such a fun and loving couple with great friends and family!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/03/2015

Cathy was fun to work with, made a boudior shoot sexy and fun, and got some amazing shots! She has a relaxed atmosphere and encourages you every step of the way! My partner is going to love the shots! Cathy also offers interesting ways to present the photos including albums,... Read More canvas, print, and a neat throwback viewfinder! I'd love to work with her again! -courtney O.

2015-05-04T11:54:27 Response from the vendor

Courtney you were so much fun to work with! You had asked me if I was ok with “alternative” photos and I said absolutely “yes”! I love to shoot all styles of boudoir portraits! You were very natural and comfortable in front of the camera!... Read Less Read More

Business Photo

Reviewed on 4/12/2015

I contracted with Cathy to take my photo for my business photo on Linked In. She immediately made me feel comfortable so this process which is normally challenging for me was very pleasant. The outcome was perfect. I would recommend her for any business portrait, family... Read More gathering or any event.

2015-04-13T17:26:41 Response from the vendor

Sharon warned me she was very nervous and camera shy, however, you wouldn't know it! She did such a great job! Sharon was able to see the results right after the shoot at my home studio viewing room so she was able to see how... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/24/2014

I had a wonderful time! it was an overall great experience, it was fun and there are so many pictures I absolutely loved - even before the editing! I highly recommend her!

Senior pictures

Reviewed on 9/15/2014

We met for senior pictures, and the venue was great for background. Even before editing, my daughter loved the pictures taken (and she's 17!).

Great Party, Great Photos

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Alison M

We love Cathy's work! She has a great eye & such creativity. An absolute joy to work with!

Evening En Blanc

Reviewed on 9/02/2014

Cathy Thorsell is the whole package! Fun, creative, professional and a joy to work with!

Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Jill P

I found Cathy Thorsell photography on this website and after reading her website and bio I wanted to meet her. Her passion for photography is evident when you meet her, she loves what she does and just happens to make money doing it. My matron of honor and I went to her studio... Read More and met with her and immediately felt comfortable. She and her husband are an amazing team and are a pleasure to work with! They captured beautiful photos and listened to my suggestions and ideas for shots that we liked as well. We had a smaller more casual wedding and they fit right in to our group and took so many pictures that my husband and I will treasure forever! I would recommend anyone looking for professional yet personal photography needs to contact Cathy!

Friendly, Professional and Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Sarah G

My husband and I had the ultimate pleasure of working with Cathy and Nate Thorsell for our wedding. We found them on the knot and after meeting them for our original consult, knew they were the perfect fit. They were personable, professional and fun. They took the most amazing... Read More pictures for our wedding and had an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude the whole time. They thoroughly enjoy what they do and you can tell in the pictures that they are able to capture. We had Cathy take photos throughout and opted to also have Nate take pictures. Not only that but we also opted to have the photo booth. These were all great choices that helped to really capture the moments of our wedding day. I can not express enough how amazing both Cathy and Nate are. You will not be disappointed if you chose them to photograph your wedding!!!

Great Photographer

Reviewed on 7/28/2014

Cathy is a great photographer. She knows what she is doing and makes you feel so comfortable when working with you. She was able to get a lot of great shots to use in a photo album. I had Cathy put the whole album together and the quality was more than I expected. And she was... Read More very precise and fast when it came to getting the album all together. She lets you go through the photos before adding them and making any adjustments needed. I would pick Cathy again for an special occasion I am having.

Reviewed on 7/27/2014

Cathy was the photographer at our wedding this past April and the pictures came out beautifully! We had met prior to the wedding at the place the wedding would be held to review the space and where we would definitely want pictures taken and what type of pictures we would like.... Read More We did not have a traditional wedding – the service was the two of us and our children – the celebration would be with our friends and family. Cathy and Nate have such great personalities and are so friendly it was easy to trust in them and have fun while they took the pictures. We had the photo booth at the celebration and it was a huge hit! Our friends and family are still talking about how much fun the photo booth was! We also received a video collage of pictures from the wedding set to songs we choose. Now, I did not cry during the ceremony (which I really thought I would do) but I cried watching the video – it is amazing how they put this together! The pictures and effects matched the feeling of the songs. My day to remember was made that much more special because of the wonderful pictures I have from Cathy and Nate!

wonderful experience

Reviewed on 7/10/2014

Cathy was so professional and a lot of fun. She had different poses and let me incorporate some ideas as well. She photographed my daughters wedding as well along with a boudoir shoot. It was tastefully done and all the pics came out beautiful. I would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 AMANDA L

You guys were awesome! We opted to have both of you to attend our wedding and had the photo booth option as well, which I have ZERO regrets on! I cannot express just how impressed I was with your attentiveness and thoroughness in getting thoughtful photos of this special day. So... Read More many of my guests also commented to me on your professionalism and your endurance in handling this wedding. You took some wonderful photos of the wedding party and really captured what I had envisioned. One of my priorities was having that photo station that was manned all night, allowing random groups of guests to ‘dress up’ using a wide assortment of hats and leis and masks to get FUN PHOTOS. This was a HUGE success, as you know. Nathan was a real trooper, manning this camera all night long, and he was never lonely! Someone was always lining up to get ‘just one more photo’! These photos are some of best memories of the evening, as we saw the true extent of the fun our guests were having. Our guests are thrilled to have those mementos of the beautiful wedding day. As you know, the weather that day was not the warmest but you and Nathan toughed it out on the cold beach, with gale force winds, and fought the elements to capture every detail. We also got the photos back within 2 weeks, which was incredible to an impatient new bride :) Thank you ever so much for being there and doing a great job of capturing our special day.

Professional and Cost-Effective

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Jennifer M

Cathy did photography for my wedding and she did a great job capturing the special day. She was fantastic to work with. She made everyone feel at ease and I had numerous people in the wedding party comment that they liked our photographer. Cathy's husband, Nate, also took... Read More pictures for our wedding and he did a great job as well. They are a great team. The price for their services was less than other photographers that I looked at. This allowed me to have a photographer for a longer amount of time to capture all of the day's special moments. I highly recommend Cathy and would use her photography services again.

Reviewed on 12/21/2012 Terri W

Cathy and her husband, Nate, both photographed our wedding which was unconventional being our second go-round. They were personable, professional and the pictures were top notch. We had hundreds to choose from and she captured the event beautifully. They didn't seem to miss a... Read More thing. I would hire her again without hesitation for any funtion or professional need. We interviewed several photographers, have seen the results of other friends and relatives who paid alot more for their photographers and we have not one complaint about the work Cathy did for us. My husband and I both feel her work was superior to all the others we've seen and interviewed.

Amazing photos, Amazing cost!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Alisha A

Cathy photographed our wedding last year. She is extremely professional and talented. She truly listens to all of your preferences and executes the photography exactly how you imagined it. Nathan also photographed for our wedding and got really beautiful shots as well. We had a... Read More very large wedding party and family to photograph and she did an amazing job of including everyone and kept the whole thing organized as well. She provided us with digital copies extremely promptly afterward and even threw in some extra special touches for us, like video clips of a few special moments (as we did not have a videographer). She has a great eye and I would recommend her to anyone. Plus, her prices are extremely competitive and more reasonable than any others I had researched. +