Cedar Bend Events

Cedar Creek, TX

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

For some betrothed couples, charm and character are important components for a wedding venue. Located just 25 minutes from Austin in the scenic Texas countryside, Cedar Bend Events is a charming rustic event venue perfect for a farm, bohemian or country-style wedding. The spacious covered patio and surrounding area accommodate up to 200 wedding guests.

The House. The picturesque barn-style house offers a number of important features including a catering kitchen and service area, two dressing rooms and four comfortable restrooms.

The Covered Patio and Lawn. Design details on the covered patio include exposed beams perfect for string lights or draped fabric and metal roofing. The area surrounding the covered patio provides additional seating space and room for a dance floor and cocktail area. The lush lawn makes an ideal outdoor ceremonial space and provides room for lawn games if desired.

At Cedar Bend Events, couples who wish to be very involved in their planning process have the option of choosing their own vendors. All caterers must provide a copy of a liability insurance certificate. Couples who opt for a stress-free experience have a number of all-inclusive packages to choose from that supply planning, catering, decorating and much more. The site provides dining tables, dining and ceremonial chairs, buffet tables, linens and setup and teardown of these items. Reservation of the venue requires a signed rental contract and a nonrefundable deposit of 25 percent of the total fee.

Rental parties bring in their own alcohol, but it must be served by Cedar Bend TABC bartenders. An additional payment covers a corkage fee and payment for one bartender. Additional bartenders are billed per hour. The site requires one bartender per 100 guests for a full bar and one bartender per 120 guests for beer and wine service.

Decorations may not be fastened to beams or walls with glue, nails, screws or staples. Decorative or celebratory items that are not permitted include confetti, faux flower petals, glitter and pillar candles. The site provides a covered stage for a DJ or band, but music volume must fall below 85 decibels. A site visit is required by live bands in advance of the event. Guests attending weddings at Cedar Bend Events enjoy ample parking.

Extra amenities always make wedding venues more attractive to prospective couples. A surplus of special perks offered by Cedar Bend Events includes:

• Exclusive rental for privacy
  • An array of decorations like Mason jars, wine barrels, shepherd hooks and more
  • Provision of 100 votive candles
  • Discounted rates Monday through Thursday
  • Beverage, appetizer and dessert tables
  • Outdoor fans
  • Two chalkboards and an easel
  • An opportunity for taking engagement and bridal photos on-site
  • A complimentary rehearsal based on availability
  • An opportunity for pets in the wedding ceremony
  • Allowance of sparklers outside of the barn area if 12 inches or smaller
  • Hyatt Lost Pines lodging within two miles of the venue
  • A list of proven vendors if needed

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Barn

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

138 Hunters Chase, Cedar Creek, TX (512) 653-6289
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Bridget H

Cedar Bend events is a quaint, beautiful venue in Cedar Creek, TX. We had about 150 guests, and the venue was the perfect size, although a more or would be prefect, too. It's such a nice spot for a Texas style outdoor wedding (although the bathrooms are inside as is the food... Read More buffet). The set up is simply amazing for a wedding - guests move with ease from arrival to ceremony to bar to apps to dinner buffet to cake to dancing. Plus, there's beautiful space to play games and relax. Most of our guests were from out of town and they simply loved the space. It's so charming! Jillian, the owner, was wonderful. We bought a package from her that included everything (flowers, food, bar service, service, cake, etc), including her coordination for the day/night. She was always professional, always calm, and always had an easy answer. We planned from out of town and she took care of everything except for photographer, bar, and DJ (although she gave us excellent recommendations). It rained ALL DAY on our wedding day and Jillian was on top of it the day before and got a tent ordered. She changed a few small things to make the ceremony and reception work with light rain. Her staff was lovely and on top of things, too! Honestly, I can't recommend Cedar Bend enough. If you want an easy wedding experience in central Texas with perfect coordination, this is the spot. Thank you, Jillian!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Gillian S

Our wedding was fantastic! We just had it on June 24th, 2016. It went by so fast, but the venue owner, Jillian, was amazing! I chose Cedar Bend Events because we were planning our wedding from out of state and I wanted to make it as easy as possible! I didn't want to worry... Read More about lugging around decorations and such and the venue provided almost everything! The ceremony and reception area on site, flowers were done by her on site florist (and were breathtaking!), props and decorations to match our theme of rustic/outdoors with navy blue and blush, a close relationship with "the best little cake shop" , and her original package also includes food! So all I had to do was get photography and DJ services. We also did change the food vendor. All in all, the the night was perfect, and more than we could ask for! Jillian was great about getting us where we needed to be, and keeping us on track, but still letting us enjoy the night too! I think our friends and family had a wonderful time, and we heard so many good things from them about the venue and our vendors.

Reviewed on 3/02/2016 Rachel L

My husband and I got married here on 6/14/14 and it was amazing! There was a major storm 2 days before our wedding so when we went out the day before for rehearsal there were branches everywhere, Jillian assured me she had a crew coming out to clear it and when we showed up the... Read More morning of the wedding it was all cleared and looked perfect! She and her husband were Super helpful and walked me through every step of the process, This venue is Very affordable and includes so many items in the basic package such as tables, chairs, linens, mason jars, even lawn games which made for beautiful pictures, all of our guests really enjoyed the setting and our pictures are absolutely beautiful, I highly recommend this venue!

Chilli Wedding Day

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Noe H

Jillian and Chris were so helpful. And all though we didn't have any rain on our wedding day, it was about 50 degrees but they made the day go smoothly. The venue is beautiful and intimate. If that's what you're looking for this is the perfect venue for you.

Beauitful Venue & Amazing Owners!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Tylar K

My husband and I got married here July 17th, 2015 and it was everything we could have ever dreamt of! Jill was so awesome and helpful throughout the whole wedding process. A mid-July Texas wedding comes with pretty hot weather and Jill made sure that everyone was comfortable and... Read More cool. Right after the ceremony, she greeted us with cold drinks and wet washcloths to cool down. I have got so many compliments from guests on how gorgeous and fun everything was. The rustic barnwood wall where our ceremony took place gave a unique twist to an outdoor wedding. During our cocktail hour and reception, they have yard games, like washers and hula-hoop, for the guests to play. I loved that! The price is really reasonable and they're pretty flexible with scheduling, decorations, etc. Jeanette, the Florist, is oh so good and really knows her stuff. Both, her and Jill have an eye for beauty and make an amazing team. Everything turned out soo stunning! I really felt like I was in a dream how perfect and gorgeous everything turned out. Hands down could not ask for a better venue! Thank you Jill, Jeanette and the CB staff for making our day that more special!!

Raining on saturday

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Kelly L

This is such a sweet venue. I chose it because I liked the ceremony area and the barn aspect. There is an area at on the grounds with games like frisbee golf and horseshoes. The groomsmen were able to enjoy. Naturally it rained on our day since this season has been filled with... Read More months of rain. Thankfully, Jillian has tents you can rent to put over the ceremony and dance areas. I was really fearful that we wouldn't get to use the ceremony area so thank God for those tents. Jillian has options for all inclusive plans and multiple items you can rent for your big day. It was a pleasure working with her. The day was such a blur it's hard to say what I would have done different!

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Jen R

I am so glad we had our wedding here. Everything was beautiful without being ridiculously expensive, like I was finding at other venues. Jillian was fantastic- she made the whole process easy, and went out of her way to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. I couldn't... Read More have asked for a better experience. If you're looking for a venue that is reasonably priced but still amazing, I highly recommend Cedar Bend. Keep in mind this is more of an outdoor venue, and it isn't supposed to be the fanciest place you could get married-but that's actually one of the reasons I loved it! It fit our style and budget.

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 Tiffany M

Oh my gosh. Words can not even describe how perfect this venue was for our wedding day. It is just so stunning...you don't need to really add anything because it is already so naturally beautiful. It has a very elegant rustic and shabby chic sort of vibe. Everyone who... Read More attended said it was the nicest venue they had ever been to. My husband and I were on a super tight budget for our wedding and Cedar Bend Events gave us the most bang for our buck...seriously we could not have found any place that included SO much for a better price (tables, linens, nice chairs, wedding signs, mason jars to drink out of, and MORE)...I mean really for the price it just included so much and fit our budget perfectly. You can even rent stuff from the owner, Jillian, like furniture or special decor to suit your needs. Speaking of Jillian, she was just AMAZING. We truly felt that she cared about making our wedding day special, she had alot of good tips and insight to make our wedding planning smooth and seamless. So, from one bride to another...this place is: -Ideal for smaller weddings. We had about 80 people and it was perfect. -It is completely outdoors (we got lucky, no rain and 68 degrees in December!) But just keep that in mind. I know they offer a tent to cover the dancefloor and fire pits/heaters if its cold and portable fans if its hot. -There is a seperate fee for the bartenders ($250)...but they were worth every penny. Two awesome girls who were just so sweet and kept drinks full :) We really liked that we could provide our own alcohol. It was much cheaper for us that way. -Jillian will allow you to set up the day before your wedding as long as there isn't another event the day before....that was a life saver because we had alot of DIY stuff. -It has the most gorgeous ceremony site (several actually) but my favorite was the wooden rustic wall, with several different ways to use it...it came out so beautiful in our pictures...and that was just with cell phones! I am still waiting on our professional photos :) So, if I could do it all over again....I wouldn't change a thing...this was the perfect place for us.

LOVED this venue!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Melissa C

We loooooved having our wedding at Cedar Bend. The owner Jillian was so helpful during the whole event and everything leading up to it...even though she was 8 months pregnant on our wedding day and it was cold and rainy she was still there helping to make sure everything went... Read More smoothly. She met with us several times for planning sessions, let us go to the venue any time we needed and gave great suggestions. The venue was the perfect blend of rustic and chic for us. :) We will continue suggesting Cedar Bend to all of our friends and family!

Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Brooke B

Cedar Bend Events did an AMAZING job on my wedding! I selected one of the packages they had available and it included food, drinks (not alcohol), tables, chairs, linens, and flowers! All I had to do was get the cake, alcohol and music. They had all the equipment to set up... Read More everything. Jillian, the site manager, and her husband Chris were awesome! It was pouring rain the day before and the afternoon of my wedding so Jillian made the decision to put up a huge tent incase the rain kept up (the venue is outside)! I love that she took the initiative to make my day perfect. Although we didn't need the tent because the rain cleared up, it was a great addition and kept the dance area cool.

Great Place!

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Kristen F

The place was beautiful and we received lots of comments and compliments from our guests. We had a wedding on a budget and managed to do the entire thing for around $7k with the help of Cedar Bend Events being fairly priced. We had issues with power outages and some parts of... Read More the venue with no power (Groom's room, DJ had power issues, Bride's room) but even with these issues, the event was great and most people didn't notice. The owner was great and trying to work around the issue and even had the power company out to try and fix the problem on a Saturday evening.

Private Outdoor Venue

Reviewed on 4/23/2013 Mandy T

From the moment my now Husband and I stepped foot at this venue, we knew this was where we wanted to get married! The cost of the venue is amazing considering that it includes the entire venue to yourselves, all chairs, tables, linens, and many other items. The Manager, Jillian... Read More is detail oriented, organized, and friendly. She kept communication with us the whole time and was there to answer our questions. Jillian has a lot of vintage items you can rent "a la carte" and we took full advantage of it. We rented two antique tables, a vintage typewriter, a window screen with clips for pictures, and antique doors. She has even more than that to offer in the venue's collection. She even kept some of the vintage books from my Wedding (with our permission of course!) The venue has a rustic charm with an older home on property, including a bride's room/groom's room for getting ready beforehand. Jillian also has her own on-site florist, Jeannette, who did an amazing job with our flowers!! (and cost less than most off-site florists!) We hired Jillian for the day of Coordination for our Wedding, and everything ran flawlessly. She has a lot of Wedding experience and you can tell she knows what she is doing. The venue holds 150 guests at most, and is out in Cedar Creek. This is an outdoor venue, so it is closed in January and August. I would recommend having transportation available if you are coming from Central Austin, especially if you have out of town guests. All of my family and friends absolutely loved the welcoming and private feeling of this venue. I would highly recommend Jillian and Cedar Bend Events!!! Note to Austin Brides - if you are getting married in March or April venues book up FAST. We are talking a year in advance - so make sure you are prepared!

Absolutely amazing

Reviewed on 4/19/2013 Ashley S

As a wedding photographer here in town, I was very picky about my wedding venue. I wanted something that would be unique and my style. Unfortunately that meant most of what I liked was out of my price range. I found Cedar Bend Events center late one night searching online and... Read More absolutely fell in love with it. It's gorgeous ceremony backdrop is what drew me in and the price is what sealed the deal for me. Meeting Jillian and actually touring the venue just helped me envision the wedding I was wanting. We booked the venue before we had done the official proposal, so that says a lot! Jillian was so helpful and creative with solutions. I know there were many ideas that I bounced off of her. She helped in keeping everything set up and flowing smoothly. She worked so well with all my vendors and my wedding planner absolutely loved her! That says a lot about a vendor. I cannot say enough good things about Jillian! When my wedding finally came around, I was so blown away with how the venue looked, how the set up came out perfectly, and just how beautiful the whole night was! It was definitely a dream come true and the photos are just as amazing. Cedar Bend photographs so well that my photographers were just as in love with the place. All my guests could not stop talking about how nice and beautiful the place was. So all in all, this is a place that I would recommend not just because it's priced right. It's everything that comes with it, such as Jillian, the beautiful view, the services offered, and the easy way to plan a wedding there!

Wouldn't have it any other way!

Reviewed on 3/11/2013 Holly C

Planning a wedding can be stressful, but of all the parts that were stressful...working with Jillian definitely was not. My husband and I knew the moment we set food on the property that this was the venue for us. I am so thankful we made that decision. The day turned out to be... Read More ABSOLUTE PERFECTION...and the venue could not have looked better. Literally, I would not change a thing. Jillian's laid back personality and fun demeanor put everyone at ease (bride/groom, bridal party, family members, guests). She had great ideas and suggestions and also let us be as DIY as we wanted. Through out the honeymoon and every time I have talked about the wedding since, I always say the same thing... "That was perfect, absolutley perfect. I wouldn't change a thing." Thannk you, Cedar Bend Events! And, thank you, Jillian!!! - Holly and Tel

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/28/2012 Emmie S

This place was everything I could have wanted and more. Definitely made the wedding of my dreams come true. Great price for the all-inclusive option. They also did the flowers for my event and they were gorgeous. Everyone commented that they were the best flowers they had ever... Read More seen at a wedding!

Our Vision Come to Life

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Melissa S

Jillian was a dream to work with. She helped turn our ideas into realities, and was an absolute delight, every step of the way. My husband and I lived out of state for the entirety of the wedding planning process, but it wasn't a problem at all. Jillian had connections with... Read More vendors in the area, and helped match us up with what we were looking for. She did the floral arrangements herself, and they were stunning. Even more beautiful than I had imagined. When, on the day of the wedding, it began to rain (and my family had not reserved a tent), Jillian was cool, calm, and collected. The tables were set and reset three times, table linens changed and dried, and the chairs wiped down. Even in the face of such a hairy situation, she was nothing but kind, helpful, and professional. She made it happen. We could not be more grateful. My dad, at the reception, said, "Your mother went on and on about how great Jillian was, and now I see why." Cedar Bend Events was the perfect venue for us. The venue itself is beautiful, the prices are reasonable, and Jillian is a joy to work with.

Rustic, Outdoor Wedding

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 Sharla H

The venue was beautiful! Working with Jillian was a piece of cake - she worked closely with me to ensure that everything I envisioned came to be. It was a wonderful experience and I wouldn't change a thing! P.S. - This was the most reasonable venue I found in the Austin area... Read More and I searched hard. They include all tables / chairs / linens / set-up and breakdown in the cost, PLUS you can add additional items like your cake, bar service, decorations, coordination, etc. I added all of these to my package and it was still the most reasonable cost!!

Beautiful and SO helpful!

Reviewed on 4/12/2012 Sarah H

Jilliand was great at coordinating everything from setting up to making me as stress free as possible the day of and during the wedding. The ceremony site is beautiful and tranquil. We got so many compliments on the venue location. The wedding was amazing!

Loved this place!

Reviewed on 7/03/2011 Sarah M

Cedar Bend is a nice, rustic & beautiful venue. The staff is fantastic & make everything look amazing on the day of. They let me come out as many times as I needed to before the wedding just to check and re-check things. Considering the location, the prices are very... Read More competitive as well. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking for an outdoor wedding & I would recommend Jillian as a wedding coordinator!