Book Your Wedding with Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation

A BALLROOM IN WAGGAMAN, LA

Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation is a family-owned venue located 25 minutes outside of New Orleans. This 225-year-old historical site has been restored to its former grandeur and has 8,000 square feet of event space, which includes the original home converted into a restaurant, a banquet hall, a buffet room and a chapel. Situated on nearly 8 acres of prime land and lined with century-old trees, Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation can accommodate up to 350 guests. The plantation gives the appearance of being an outside venue, yet it has the convenience of air conditioning or heat, whichever fits the season. Brick fireplaces, a hand-crafted brass bar and glass-walled chapel compliment the lush green property near the river. It is the perfect balance between old Southern charm and modern conveniences.

There is a pavilion for outdoor nuptials, which can be used during the summer days. The indoor original brick fireplaces are perfect backgrounds for wedding photos or celebratory toasts.The owners of Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation have over 30 years of experience in the wedding and special events industry. During the eight years of renovation, special attention was given to detail and its historic era.

Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation, the oldest building in Jefferson County, has hosted weddings for brides all over the world including Australia and Canada. Serving the greater New Orleans and Baton Rouge communities, it is located on the historical River Road. The plantation home can accommodate over 300 guests and is adorned with chandeliers and a vintage bar. Though the venue requires onsite catering, the single all-inclusive buffet and bar package is generous. The bar selection includes top-shelf liquor and bottled beers at no additional charge, as well as table, chairs and linen.

Some of the noteworthy services at Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation include:

• Passed hors d’oeuvres chosen from 50 selections
  • Professional DJ with choice of music
  • Haydel’s Bakery wedding cake
  • On-site chapel

Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation

There Is Something About This Place... Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation - charming historical site perfect for weddings. the 222 year old estate boasts picturesque views, gourmet foods, premium bar, and great southern hospitality. Become part of our family history as we become part of yours!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

6533 River Road, Waggaman, LA (504) 431-5743

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Aleecia F

I could write a book on how AMAZING this venue is and how AMAZING my wedding was. My husband and I are from Florida so we had no idea where to start when looking for vendors in New Orleans. I found Cedar Grove on theKnot.com and it was the second venue I visited, as soon as I... Read More walked inside I knew it was meant to be. Jill provides EVERYTHING you need for your wedding in one package and I promise that for the quality of everything she provides it is a steal for the bride! I was able to communicate with her while deployed to Afghanistan and when I came back a month before my wedding I was so nervous that I didn't put enough thought into everything, or that I should add more to the venue, but Jill calmed my fears and responded to every email and phone call leading up to the big day. I decided last minute I wanted additional flowers from what she provided on the tables but looking back I could have used that money an extra hour of party time because the venue is immaculate all on its own! At our final meeting I was able to walk thru the venue and go over the layout, the flow of the wedding, and go over specific things that I planned to bring to add our touch. I realized Jill had upgraded a TON of things at the venue and it made me even more excited for my family and friends to see this special place. 7 days before the wedding I decided I was going to sacrifice one of my guests and have them pick up 100 beignets from Cafe Du Monde and King Cake from Haydel's Bakery so that my guests could enjoy those classic New Orleans treats. In order to prevent my guest from missing the ceremony Jill offered to bake the beignets at the venue and serve them for me, and suggested I have the King Cake dropped off with my wedding cake and her staff would cut them up. My guests are still complimenting me on how unique and beautiful the venue was, how amazing and how plentiful the food and liquor were, and how we literally partied the entire time. The have convinced me that I had the #bestweddingever.. Im pretty sure that ended up being our wedding hashtag by the end of the night. Out of all of the decisions I had to make in order for my wedding to be possible I would say that choosing Cedar Grove Plantation was the best decision. Thank You Thank You Thank You Jill!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Alysia F

Literally the wedding from my dreams!!! I cannot thank Mrs Jill enough for everything that she did for my husband and I on our special day. I give this place an A+++++

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Lauren M

Where do I began? I had my wedding here back in 2014, but just recently went back for one of my friends. When I had my wedding here it was a good time and fun, but when I just went back, it was a blast! I mean we had so much fun! The atmosphere, the music, the food! Don't get me... Read More started on the food. I'm so tired of going to places and they feed me like I'm a bird. Cedar Grove fed me like I was a royal princess and I was just a guest! They seem to always be upgrading everything they do too,because back in 2014 I wish I had some of the things that they have now (Gazebo/lights). I'm also glad that I could really experience being a guest finally 2 years after my wedding. I love this place.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Raegan R

I can't say enough good things about Cedar Grove, Ms. Jill, and her staff. Cedar Grove offers so much with there packages, the planning process is basically completed for you. The venue is beautiful, the food is AMAZING, and the staff is so attentive. Cedar Grove is honestly... Read More the total package, highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Sarah T

I cannot say enough good things about Cedar Grove! Jill was so helpful throughout the entire planning process. My grandparents weren’t able to make it to the wedding due to illness and Jill was able to set aside a staff member to help live stream the ceremony for us so that they... Read More could watch it in real time from the hospital. We got so many compliments on the set up, food quality, and overall atmosphere of the venue. Jill helped coordinate everything so perfectly and it all went very smoothly. I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Patti B

Our first daughter had her ceremony and reception at Cedar Grove in 2016. Our second daughter after looking at different venues, has decided on Cedar Grove for her reception in June 2018. We all agree there is no other venue that provides the atmosphere, the attention to... Read More detail, food, service and amazing staff. We are excited to be returning to Cedar Grove and so are our guests. Jill is so amazing, easy and creative to work with. Our second daughters reception will be all her own and different than her sister. There is no other venue like Cedar Grove so if exceptional is what you are looking for, look no further. Cedar Grove is like returning home and where life time memories are made.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Laurie C

Wow, how do I start to review such an absolutely amazing place! I'm very lucky to have found out about Cedar Grove through a Bridal expo and it was literally the best decision we made during our wedding (other than saying "I do"). Jill is absolutely amazing!! I cannot say enough... Read More good things about her and her venue. We only met with her maybe 3 for 4 times before the wedding but she is a top notch expert in weddings and she knew exactly how we wanted everything and took charge in just those few meetings. She worked with us to set up late times to meet since my husband and I work late during the week. Its the only venue we went to see and I'm glad we didn't waste any time going to look at others. The price you pay for the service you get is outstanding! Jill let me take my bridal pictures onsite and they have the most beautiful grounds to get stunning pictures. The week before the wedding I dropped off a pile of pictures and favors and items for the wedding and honestly felt doubtful that it would be set up how I wanted it to be the day of. I got to the venue on the wedding day and everything was PERFECT and that's saying a lot because I am OCD and consider myself a perfectionist. I never had to worry about ANYTHING the day of my wedding! Jill had everything under control. She kept us all on schedule, we had our personal attendance that constantly refilled out drinks and gave us food (our parents had the same thing too), and at the end of the party they had already packed my parents car and our limo with food and cake and champagne. Speaking of the food....OUTSTANDING! Everyone raved about how good it was and how much food there was. Jill even let me and my husband sit down in the "red room" for 10 minutes while we stuffed our faces and took in the moment of just saying "I do". We also used the in house DJ and everyone was on the floor dancing and having a good time. Everything was executed exactly as we had pre-determined in our meetings, and everything was on point, on schedule, and perfect. I didn't think there was such a thing as a wedding that had NOTHING go wrong but with Jill and Cedar Grove you can expect a perfect a relaxing wedding (who knew that was even possible). Seriously though...don't look anywhere else.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Ashley C

Cedar Grove: There is just something about this place that will have you hooked forever! I was in a wedding in 2009 and the reception was at Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Planation and ever since then I knew I wanted to have my wedding there. I could not say enough wonderful things... Read More about this plantation. It truly is a beautiful place to get married. The owner, Jill Mercer is the sweetest lady ever! Everything she does is wonderful and graceful! She mad my wedding day amazing. She made me feel like family from the moment I walked into the door. I'm so grateful that I picked this venue as my wedding venue because it truly is perfect, from the food, to the decor, to the royalty you feel when you walk out of the door. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend this place. I am a perfectionist and always want the best and this planation is the best! I seriously LOVE this place!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Sasha E

BEST DAY EVER is all that our guests keep saying. We planned our wedding from Virginia and Jill made the whole process so easy. We looked at 6 venues in 2 days and once we walked into CGT, we knew right away that this was the perfect fit. The grounds are beautifully updated and... Read More maintained. The rustic/chic atmosphere inside the house and chapel were exactly the vibe we were going for. There areso many different spots around the venue to take beautiful photos. The food was absolutely incredible and all of the staff were professional and attentive. We cannot say enough great things about Jill and this venue. If you are looking for a top notch venue and a planner that absolutely knows her stuff, you can stop looking. Cedar Grove was the best decision we made.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Kerry D

When my wife first picked this place I wasn’t sure because I had never heard of them before but I trusted her judgement , But OH WAS I SUPRISED at the beautiful decor and the staff there at CGT . The food was amazing and the personal touches was everything . I was able to relax... Read More shake free and enjoy the night . This place is a best keep secert and more people she explore this wonderful place . I’m glad to be apart of the CGT family.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Charlotte D

Where do I begin .. I remember first making appointment with Mrs. Jill in November 2015 to view the venue , which was an AWSOME experience. I wanted something different , something that the Metairie and Kenner area didn't offer and something people would not know about something... Read More that was a "Best Kept Secret." This was the place. They saying is never judge a book by its cover,because you never will know what's in the inside . The care and attention I receive up until the day of the weddings and during the wedding . We had so many different life obstacles that came about , but Mrs. Jill and her staff were recommending to our needs . I mean Kerry and I had drinks waiting for us food at the table at every second . The guest told me they have NEVER been to a wedding where they got full off the food . The young ladies and men who greeted each of our guest as they walked in and the music ,cake, and bar was just another added hit . Every guest asked me where did you find this place , I have never been here . This is exactly what I wanted people to see the beauty of the place and the staff. They were like family once we walked into the door . My family was so impressed by the venue . I can't say enough. You all made my day special . Tears of joy ! ❤️❤️😭😭😭! 😃😃😃! I wish I could have done it again. Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Lorna I

I could never begin to even express how happy I am with Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation. It was the most unforgettable experience and definitely the best day of my life. Everything was so well planned out, and ran so smoothly. Everything was decorated beautifully. It was... Read More everything I could have ever wanted and imagined, and then some. First of all the venue itself is beautiful and so magical. Jill went above and beyond for some things we wanted, and made it happen with ease. The food was amazing, and everyone still tells me about how great it was. Everyone also told me how great and helpful all the employees at Cedar Grove were. Actually, everyone still tells me that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I'm definitely happy that we chose to have our wedding at Cgt. It was a special day that I will always cherish.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Katelyn K

I love this place! I just recently got married there. I fell in love with the place the moment I walked in the door. Jill was so nice and easy to work and so helpful. The entire staff made my dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Faith C

When you first walk into Cedar Grove, you are instantly hooked to the atmosphere it creates. I realized I wanted to have my wedding here when I went to a wedding 8 years ago. It was much smaller at the time, but the service and food was out of this world good. They've done a... Read More fabulous job constructing new spaces as well. I just loved the feeling I got there. Now 8 years later, I had my wedding, and it fulfilled everything I had hoped for. It was much more elegant than it was back then, but all the better. All of my guests seemed to enjoy themselves very much so. There was tons of dancing, so whoever the Dj was, they put on a great playlist. I never felt overwhelmed at all, and the reception ran very smoothly. This venue made all my dreams come true. Call while they still have your date!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Randy C

Everything and anything about cgt was unbelievable. Lots of memories from our special night. The best thing about this place is the food. The food was awesome. I'm very basic, and I'm not hard to please, but all of the food still blew all of my expectations. Shout out to the... Read More gator sausage. Usually wedding food is not the best, but words cant explain how good it was. The servers were attentive, especially to my dad (thanks Rachel). This experience was hands down one of the best nights of my life, not just because it was my wedding, but that this venue was amazing. Thank you to all who made our wedding night great.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Sandra W

Exceeded all of my expectations. All of my friends and family told me it was the best wedding that they have ever been to. I couldn't agree more. Not being from this area, I looked at many different places and venues, but none of them were anything close to being right for me. I... Read More found this place on the internet and couldn't decide if I wanted to see it or not. I decided to give a chance. The front of the building looks very small, but as soon as you walk in, it is huge! I was shocked. The pictures online do not do this place justice. After talking to Ms. Jill, I knew I had to have my wedding here. The venue had a very soft, loving atmosphere, along with beautiful setup. On the night of the wedding, everything was amazing. Nothing will ever be a better experience for me.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Tanya J

Cgt created fantastic memories for our entire group. It was such a fun time! WE WERE A DANCING GROUP, so you know I was on the dance floor the entire time, drinking the night away. This place had exactly what I wanted and of course we added some things to it to make it our own... Read More (pictures, flowers, etc). This venue gave us everything we wanted and more. I loved that it was so easy after we booked here. I've been a bridesmaid multiple times and I've seen so many of my friends stress about how hard their day was going to be but not at CGT. That's what I loved. A great overall experience, would not go anywhere else.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Rosy M

I really wish I could have a second wedding at Cedar Grove! My all time favorite place in the world. And maybe one day we hope to renew ours vows there. It was just a place that felt right with us. Def check this place out if you haven't already done so! You don't want to miss... Read More out on Cedar Grove, TRUST ME.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 kendel p

I am so glad I had the pleasure of booking here!! Everything exceeded my expectations! When I thought my wedding was not going the way I wanted it, Mrs Jill assured me that everything was going to be incredible. My guests were so pleased and I am still receiving compliment after... Read More compliment!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

On August 26th, 2016, Cedar grove Tchoupitoulas Planation set the bar with my reception. I invited 300 guests and each and every one of them came to my reception. I was a little worried about how we were going to be in terms of space but it was quite comfy actually. After my... Read More wedding, they redid the entire chapel with tons of tables and chairs so everyone had a seat. I always like to treat my guests well whether in my home or at place like this. We received a going away box with all kinds of food, and when we got to the hotel, I was sure glad we got it! We were so busy talking to our friends, we couldn't eat! haha. Best night of my life. 5 Stars all the way.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

I have loved this venue since the very first day I saw it! I just knew I had to have my wedding here. If you can imagine having the wedding of your dreams, this is the place! Jill you made everything so easy for me, I want to thank you for everything you've done for me the past... Read More year. The main reason I had my wedding here was that everything was in one place, along with the beautiful chapel. I love that it was air conditioned but had an "outside" feel. A great wedding and an AMAZING place!!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation is out of this world good! They pretty much do everything so you don't stress about it. The tables, chairs, food, you name it, all included, they have it down to a science! Saturday August 20th, 2016 went unbelievably well. My wedding was a... Read More hit, and all my guests enjoyed themselves. There wasn't one complaint I had about Tchoupitoulas!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

My wedding night was magnificent. Everything about it was just perf! This place offered such a beautiful atmosphere for such an affordable price tag. Being from the east bank, I never knew this place was here, but one of my friends recommended it to me and I'm so happy she did.... Read More My most fav thing about the entire venue were the personal servers. They never left my drink not at least half full, and got me everything that I possibly wanted. I wish I could fit everything in, but just know this place is the best!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Wanda M

I give Jill and her staff at Cedar grove a 5/5!!! I couldn't do anything less than that for what they gave me. The night was filled with love, passion, and laughter. Everything was just perfect. Our guest list was huge! We invited around 400 people, and 300 showed up. I liked... Read More how it never felt like people were on top of other people. I've been to too many weddings where that had happened and I DID NOT want that to happen at my wedding, so I chose the right place. They put tables in the chapel area so everyone had a seat and were comfortable. AH. My wedding was PHENOMENAL!!!!! THANK YOU

Reviewed on 8/09/2016

GREAT. FANTASTIC. YUMMY. Three words that describe Cedar grove so wonderfully! I had my wedding here in April of this year and it was awesome. The music, the food, the service, the decor, the attention to detail could not have been done any better. We had so much fun, I'm... Read More actually smiling thinking about it! I really feel as if this is the best place to tie the knot in the whole world. An amazing time for all that was there.

Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation