BEST Live Celtic Music for Your Entire Wedding!

Imagine shimmering Celtic melodies on flute, harp, guitar and fiddle surrounding you as you float down the aisle. The ancient airs that accompanied brides since the days of Braveheart & Riverdance are yours from the finest musicians available. Bring the magic of Celtic music to your magical day! Would you like to include everyone in the dancing during the reception? Let us bring a dance caller who will teach you and your guests simple ceili dancing. We offer Scottish and Irish ceilis. It's easy, FUN and everyone of any age can participate! You have a choice in your selection of musicians. Why not choose the most professional, the most experienced and exciting musicians available ? We've played everywhere from the White House to the Kennedy Center. Now we'd love to play for you!

Accordion, Bagpipes, Banjo, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Percussion, Piano, Violin, Vocals

Celtic, Classical, Folk, World Music

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Molly K

Elise and the trio we worked with were absolutely wonderful!! Elise is so warm and down to earth and truly cared about making sure the ceremony was exactly how we envisioned it. She took the time to play music for us and also helped us navigate song choices. Not only that, she... Read More has such an extensive knowledge of Celtic music and a real passion that makes the experience that much more special. We cannot recommend her enough for making our ceremony music so emotional, joyful and special!

2017-04-18T10:34:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for these great comments! We were so thrilled to be part of your beautiful day. We wish you both great joy to come! All best wishes, Elise Kress Celtic Music for Your Wedding

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Sarah S

Elise and her team were great to work with, played the tunes we requested, arrived on time, and really did everything they could to make the process seamless. They played for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and did a lovely job. We only wished we could've spent more time... Read More listening to them at the cocktail hour with our guests and less time with pictures and such! Would absolutely hire them for celebrations in the future, and highly recommend them to anyone looking for some Celtic flair for their wedding day.

2018-03-09T10:36:51 Response from the vendor

It was such a gorgeous wedding! We were honored to be part of it. All the best, Elise Celtic Music for Your Wedding

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Delaney D

Elise and her two bandmates played our Celtic-Woodland wedding in Pennsylvania in the middle of July and I swear they brought the Irish weather with them! Months ago, when I first reached out to Elise, I knew I'd love her from the start. She was so easy to talk to and walked me... Read More through the beautiful music she played over skype and even sent me a CD so I could hear her style. She and her band were flexible with my requests, playing an Irish version of Zac Brown Band's "Home Grown" and Christinia Perri's "A Thousand Years." Our guests were entertained by them during the cocktail hour and the entire set up was something out of a fairytale. THANK YOU Elise and your lovable team of musicians for helping to create the perfect atmosphere for our Irish Wedding!

2017-07-31T10:20:21 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome, Delaney & Jeff! It was a gorgeous wedding, and we were thrilled to be a part of it. May you have countless years together, as joyful as you were that day! All the best, Elise Celtic Music for Your Wedding

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Gwen M

My husband and I wanted something a little less traditional for our ceremony music. We both have some Irish hertiage so we thought a Celtic theme would work. Elise and her team were a joy to work with. She helped us pick the right music for us. It really brought our ceremony... Read More together and was perfect! Highly recommended!

2018-03-13T11:18:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet words. It was an honor to play for you and your husband on this amazing day! I wish you continued joy and happiness as you move forward as husband and wife. All the best, Elise

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Alisa R

We had a 3 person band + dance caller for the Ceilidh at our wedding. The band was excellent and energetic. We appreciated the patience of the dance caller, as we were all beginners. Elise was very accomodating and provided all the music during the wedding, including a nice... Read More flute and guitar duo for the wedding ceremony and dinner music. We had an excellent experience, highly recommend for celtic music and ceilidh. We regretted not going for the Bag pipes!

2018-03-09T10:38:08 Response from the vendor

We had such a great time providing music and a dance caller for your incredible wedding! We wish you both so much joy in the future. Thank you for these lovely comments! Best wishes, Elise Celtic Music for Your Wedding

Reviewed on 10/17/2017

Celtic Music for Your Wedding was very professional and very helpful in suggesting musical selections and instruments. Most important of all--the music was absolutely beautiful and appropriate. As a repeat customer, I would recommend them to anyone wanting to add a Celtic... Read More touch to their event...

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Alison D

Skylark Celtic Band played at our daughter's wedding on June 24th. They are outstanding; a truly gifted and versatile group of musicians. We highly recommend them; Elise is lovely to work with and we'd absolutely hire them again for a private event.

2017-06-27T12:17:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Alison! It was a joy to play for your daughter and her new husband's wedding. Such a beautiful event! We were thrilled to be a part of it. All best wishes, Elise

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Greg M

Celtic Music for your Wedding was excellent. They played beautifully, they were easy to work with and very responsive throughout the whole process! I would highly recommend them!

2018-03-09T10:39:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was a joy to be part of your special day. It was so beautiful! Best wishes to you both, Elise Celtic Music for Your Wedding

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Ciara B

I know most wedding website reviews say the same gushing, over the top things about vendors and it gets monotonous. This vendor absolutely deserves every over-the-top thing I could say and more. Elise Kress, and her band "Celtic Music for your Wedding" were superb. She was... Read More exquisitely helpful at every stage of the process, clear about pricing, accommodating when we had to change venues relatively late minute, and the music was extremely high quality. She took a request at the wedding itself which we hadn't planned ahead, and sang beautifully. Consummate professional musicians, and a real pleasure to work with. I won't need to plan another wedding, but I'd hire these folks again in an instant, and if I ever need to plan a party with Irish music again, they'll be the first number I call. I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of hearing them again sometime.

2017-04-18T10:32:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for having us at your wonderful wedding! We loved playing for you both and your families. It was a glorious day! Thanks for these lovely words. We were honored to play for you. Best wishes, Elise Kress Celtic Music for Your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sally D

You HAVE to get "Celtic Music for your Wedding" for your wedding reception! We just had a Georgetown/DC wedding and Elise from day one was nothing but an absolute and total pleasure to work with! A true professional, she was very motivated to help us to decide how best to add... Read More Irish music to the cocktail hour at our daughter's wedding reception. I was not sure about which third instrument we wanted and Elise was so patient and helpful in explaining the different instruments to me and how they would sound; it was above and beyond, to be sure! And the group did not disappoint on the day, all three musicians were so very talented and the music was heavenly. We got rave reviews from our guests and they are still coming in! The Celtic music was enjoyed by all, but our native Irish guests REALLY loved and appreciated this taste of "the old country"! I'd book them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sean G

My heritage (as well as the groom's) is Irish, so when we themed our wedding with Irish-related aspects, I knew I wanted traditional Irish music played live. I Googled live traditional Irish bands, and after a short search, landed on the Celtic Music for your Wedding page. I was... Read More so excited to reach out to Elise Kress and learn more about her and the band. Meeting her in person and having a live, on-the-spot performance of the music she would play at our wedding sealed the deal for us and even made me cry happy tears! I was so happy to hear the music that sounded like home. You can't go wrong hiring her and the band, and I can't say enough good things about them: They are excellent musicians and everything you want in a wedding vendor. On time, prompt and responsive, and just a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Eleanor D

We hired Elise for our vow renewal on Sept. 23, 2016. We wanted something live but not overpowering since it was a smallish gathering. She is such a pleasure to work with--experienced, knowledgeable, and a load of fun. She spent time discussing the atmosphere we wanted to... Read More create. She was punctual, professional, and all my guests loved her! Her music was great, ranging from lively jigs to hauntingly beautiful Celtic melodies. She even stayed a bit later when people made no sign of leaving. And did it all with a smile!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Eleanor D

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Janna L

From the first email to the ceremony music and then cocktail hour- every interaction with Elise has been a joy! She is so kind, knowledgeable and professional and her incredible talent helped to make our wedding unique and memorable. Our guests are still asking us, weeks later,... Read More about how to get in contact with Elise and her team bc everything was so beautiful. Thank you for making our special day even more lovely with your music and smiles!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jan O

We hired Celtic Music for my daughter's cocktail hour for her September 10,2016 wedding. They played the perfect music for a cocktail hour. Elise was great to work with, she always responded right away and was flexible with my requests. We highly recommend Celtic Music for... Read More your Wedding.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Meaghan W

Elise and Celtic Music for Your Wedding were absolutely amazing! Elise was easy to communicate with and even played song selections over the phone so we could choose ceremony music. All my guests were raving about the Celtic trio (flute, fiddle, guitar) and how special and... Read More unique it was. My only regret was that, as the bride, I was taking formal pictures during cocktail hour and could not hear them play! Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Katie B

These guys were great! Elise was a pleasure to deal with. Excellent communication and very reasonable. I had multiple guests tell me how much they enjoyed the traditional music during our reception cocktail hour. They are true professionals.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

My wife and I had our wedding this spring, and these folks were just an absolute pleasure to work with! I have a bit of a background with Celtic music, so when other musical choices didn't quite seem like the right match for our relatively low-maintenance outdoor wedding, my... Read More mother did a bit of searching and put us in touch with Elise. Elise was very friendly and professional, and very active in helping us pick songs that fit the moods that we wanted for various parts of the ceremony. She even found an old Swedish folk tune to play when my wife (who's from Stockholm) came down the aisle, which really meant a lot to her and her family. She was great about communicating clearly and promptly, and on the day of the event, everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be. We had the band stick around for part of the reception as well as the ceremony. I just can't say enough about how great the music was, and how pleasant and positive the people were! I'd recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone who's looking for wedding music in the DC area. Thanks so much, from both of us and our families!

2017-04-18T10:30:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved playing for your beautiful wedding and we wish you great joy in your married life. All best wishes, Elise Kress

Reviewed on 5/31/2016

Our wedding reception was so much fun! Celtic Music for your Wedding played throughout the 4-hour event, providing cocktail hour and dinner music for the first half and then moved downstairs for dancing. We added a Ceilei Caller who was great at bringing all of our guests... Read More together. We danced practically non-stop for two hours and five full songs / dances. Even my teens and 70-year old Mom got in the act. Elise even asked us after the 3rd dance if we needed a break and were willing to keep going at our request. We would recommend them to anyone looking for a traditional Irish Wedding.

Get Ready to Ceilidh!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Brynn H

THEY DO CEILIDH MUSIC TOO! They advertise for ceremony music, but this group was actually referred to me when I told a venue vendor that we wanted to hold a Scottish ceilidh (traditional line/contra dancing) at our wedding reception. My fiance and I met at the University of St... Read More Andrews where it's not an event without a ceilidh. The only other ceilidh band I'd been able to find in DC was 10 people, quite expensive (because the band was 10 people), and a bit unreliable when it came to emailing. Elise has been so great with emails so far and was very excited to put together a ceilidh dance playlist with us and give us different options for instruments, caller etc. Having a caller was particularly important for us as most of our guests have never been to a ceilidh before. We haven't had our wedding yet, but I'm looking forward to kicking off the dancing at our reception with a ceilidh with Elise and her band playing!

Exceptional Music!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 o d

Celtic Wedding for your Music played at my wedding in October (both during the ceremony and the cocktail hour). The music was AMAZING and so many people commented to me after the wedding about how wonder the trio was. In addition, Elise was absolutely a joy to work with. I... Read More cannot recommend them highly enough. They were truly fantastic.

Celtic Music Made Our Wedding Extra Special!

Reviewed on 11/07/2015

This group comes highly recommended for so many reasons. In fact, I would go so far as to say that you are missing out if they're not part of your wedding day - or special occasion. Elise was lovely to work with. She is so passionate about music and her passion shines through... Read More every note that she plays on her flute. Instead of playing the traditional wedding march, the gorgeous notes from the Celtic Music trio lead me down the aisle to my (Irish) groom and made the day that much more personal and sentimental. Plus, the price was great and the group is so approachable. You are missing out if you don't hire Celtic Music!

lovely celtic music at my wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We had a trio perform at our wedding in early october 2015, a celtic harp, flute, and pipes and it was lovely! They played during our ceremony and during the cocktail hour. I could not have asked for better accompaniment, and the process was very professional. I met with Elise... Read More last fall to begin planning and she sent me lots of music files to choose from and played for us when we visited her house. I would highly recommend them to anyone, my only regret is that I didn't get to speak to them more during the day! But that's the joy of being a bride :)

Magical Celtic Music

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Celtic Music for Your Wedding was a dream! The music was stunning, and working with Elise was a delight from the first phone call to the last song played. So many of our guests commented on how beautiful the music was, and how different it was to what they usually hear. We loved... Read More working with Elise and Celtic Music for Your Wedding, and I'm sure you will too!

Celtic wedding for an Irishman

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

When researching Celtic bands for our wedding, Belinda and I came across Celtic Wedding music for your wedding "Skylark". On the Internet. I subsequently interviewed Elise at her home in Alexandria, Virginia. What a find! Elise is warm and talented with fantastic... Read More credentials. Elise and her trio made our wedding a day Belinda and I, along with our guests will never forget. We look forward to having them back in our home for future events and would highly recommend them to everyone for any occasion! They are outstanding!! Thank you for terrific lifelong memories! The lovely sound of your trio still echoes through our home!

Elise Kress

Singer, flute player & whistle player Elise has been a performer all her life. She’s been a member of several well known & loved Celtic bands and has appeared on many recordings. Elise has performed in nearly every major venue in DC, and around the east coast, including The Kennedy Center, Strathmore Hall, the Birchmere, & the Phila. Folk Festival. Her CDs include the award winning Present, Past, and Future (Best Celtic Album of the Year). Her current band is SKYLARK. Elise loves making jewelry, reading, art, traveling to Ireland, Italy & France, & playing with her standard poodle Seamus.