How do you want your wedding to feel?

Let's work together to design a ceremony that will mean the most to you -- one that reflects your feelings for each other, includes your desired traditions and provides your family and friends a sense of your unique relationship. Ordained officiant open to all.

Denomination

Christian, Civil Marriage, Commitment Ceremonies, Interfaith, Jewish, New Age, Non-Denominational/Secular

Stop your Officiant search NOW!

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Josh S

Stop your search right now for Officiants, for you've found the absolute PERFECT one with Bethel!!!! If we could rate higher than 5 stars we EASILY would with her! After a somewhat disappointing meeting with our first potential Officiant (nothing terrible -- just no connection between us), I was skeptical of how our meet-up with Bethel would unfold. We met for what was supposed to have been just 1 hour, but ended up being OVER 2! Bethel took time to ask questions, got to know us (and more importantly, what we wanted from an Officiant), and even made time for small talk -- all this at our first meeting, before we signed any contracts with her or paid her one penny! Throughout the entire process (note: there WILL be homework involved with Bethel -- but it's really fun and by no means is it daunting), she checked in with us, providing a perfect balance of guidance and options for how we wanted our ceremony to look. And although I didn't think much of it at the beginning, this is a really important and special point, because no two couples are the same; why should ceremonies by cookie-cutter? And frankly, most Officiants offer pretty much cookie-cutter ceremonies. Bethel was ALWAYS available to talk or answer questions (And I mean that literally. I would get good quality responses from her within hours -- usually within minutes.), which is helpful because the entire wedding planning process can be stressful and things can change at a moments' notice. Bethel was always willing to provide input along the way, rolling beautifully with any changes that we made. On the day of the wedding, Bethel was, quite simply, the highlight of the night. We received countless compliments on her, and our ceremony in general. Our ceremony was a beautiful representation of who we are, and Bethel had the vision to bring everything together wonderfully. We are so fortunate to have met her. DON'T DELAY WITH BETHEL - her schedule (deservedly) fills QUICKLY!!

Bethel believes!

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Karly K

Its pretty rare that I am at a loss for words about something but it is hard to communicate just how great Bethel is. So here it goes, she just gets it. I mean she truly understands and feels love and what it means to love and the different ways people love and how to communicate love and how to share that love with others. When we originally were looking for an officiant we were lucky enough to have a wedding planner who knew of and had worked with Bethel so soon thereafter we reached out to her. We set up a skype session with a vague idea of what we wanted. After 20 minutes we were blown away by just how prepared, confident and knowledgeable she was about her role and the affect she can have on this special moment in our lives. We had initially said that we wanted to do just a 10-15 ceremony so that we could move on to the fun part of the night, the party. She made it abundantly clear that if all we were looking for was someone to help us say "I do" then she was not the person for us. I really appreciated her honesty and over the course of that first video chat I realized that we really did have the right person for us and that the ceremony is really more important than the other aspects of the day as it allows others to be a part of our lives and helps us share our love for each other with those that are important in our lives. We had homework. This I was not expecting although looking back and knowing Bethel I should have. She is so passionate about getting to know you and understand your relationship with your significant other that she is hungry for as much information as possible. She then incorporates this into the ceremony thus allowing your guest to share in the experiences that led to you being there, don't worry she doesn't share anything embarrassing or anything that you don't want her to. The other part of the homework is she shows you this this treasure trove of information that helps guide you through the endless options of what to include in your ceremony. We chose several reading that spoke to us and the favorite of everyone in attendance was the "knot tying" ceremony involving the mothers. I've always been fascinated where the phrase came from and this part of the ceremony really stood out to everyone involved. Even the day after Bethel was communicating with us and guiding us through the paperwork and legalese now involved once the wedding is completed. Her customer service is off the charts and we would recommend her to anyone!! Bethel you are the best and we hope our paths cross again!

Excellent in Every Way

Reviewed on 5/04/2014 Jamie M

Bethel Nathan is by far the best decision my husband and I made about our entire wedding. Bethel is incredibly kind and she truly strives to make your ceremony a wonderful and meaningful experience. Every single guest raved about the ceremony. I didn't hear a word about the reception, the DJ, or the venue from anyone on the wedding day because no one could stop talking about how awesome the ceremony was. Many people told me that it was the best ceremony they have ever been to. And they were right. The ceremony truly was amazing because of Bethel. My husband was skeptical when we set up our initial meeting with Bethel, but within 10 minutes, she wowed us both. She wants the ceremony to be meaningful for each couple, so she works with you to make it exactly what you want it to be. She sent us homework assignments geared towards getting to know us and our relationship. She gave us tons of ideas for ways to make the ceremony unique, including options for everything from the readings, to how we said our vows, to how she would announce us to the audience at the end of the ceremony. Every last detail was taken care of with care. AND, as if that wasn't enough, Bethel is super organized. She helped us prepare for all the details, get our marriage certificate, and send detailed emails about what to expect through every step of the process. I love details, so she was totally awesome! If you don't hire Bethel to be your officiant, you are missing out on the very best wedding ceremony you can possibly imagine. HIRE THIS INCREDIBLE WOMAN. I have never been so confident about a recommendation in my life.

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Kristen N

Bethel was such a joy to work with. She made our ceremony personal and so special. I can't tell you the number of people who have commented on how much they loved Bethel and how funny, warm and unique the wedding was. My husband and I will be able to remember the ceremony as something that felt like us, when a lot of the things about planning a wedding did not.

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Jan J

Incredible Officiant! If you are lucky enough to work with Bethel Nathan, you will not be disappointed. Her method for putting together the ceremony is thorough…in fact, her prep is so comprehensive and the ceremony so personal, that our guests thought we had known her for years. Many guests commented after the event that they had never seen a more meaningful ceremony, there were many tears of joy in the audience; be prepared to have people emotionally moved! Aside from preparation ahead of time, Bethel was a delight on the day of the ceremony and a natural in front of our guests. She has a wonderful way about her when she is speaking that puts your guests at ease, even as she marshals everyone to play their part at the right time. Bethel provided excellent advice along the way and kept us on track over the months we were working with her. She will offer suggestions that you can use or not use, she has no rigid notions about what you absolutely have to do…in fact there were many parts of the ceremony that we edited from her original copy, and she was delighted to take our edits. You will need to do your homework that she gives you; but if you do, your ceremony will be something you and your guests will remember for a lifetime. TJ and I recommend Bethel without reservation.

Simply a remarkable and dedicated officiant!

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Constance M

My husband and I couldn't be happier we were fortunate enough to find Bethel. After a disappointing interview with another officiant we were concerned we were going to have trouble finding someone to create our perfect customized ceremony. After meeting with Bethel we had no doubt we wanted her as our officiant. Being completely unexperienced with exactly how to customize our wedding Bethel provided several examples and was there every step of the way. We didn't fully comprehend what the two part homework was intended for until during our ceremony which made for an even more beautiful experience. I am so happy we had a videographer to capture the experience. Our guests kept expressing how amazing and unique our ceremony was. The care package she sent afterward was awesome. Choosing Bethel was the best decision we made for our wedding. We will always be two of her biggest fans. Five stars is just not high enough of a rating for her.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

Reviewed on 4/13/2015 Chelsea M

My husband and I chose Bethel to be our officiant at our wedding and it was the BEST decision we could have made!! Bethel specializes in non-traditional weddings but she is much more than that. We wanted a fairly non-traditional wedding, but she went above all our expectations and made it absolutely amazing. Rather than our wedding ceremony simply being about the future and the wedding specifically, Bethel painted the story of our relationship for all of our guests so everyone felt included and could truly celebrate our love and commitment to one another. We received SOOO many positive comments from our friends and family saying how unique our wedding ceremony was and how it was so much more interesting and special than many others they have experienced. Bethel is more than just your officiant though, she becomes a great friend!! She made us feel so comfortable at the wedding and walked us through exactly how everything was going to go and how if we started to get nervous or emotional all we had to do was look at her and everything would be ok. Sure enough, everything went smoothly and if you looked at her during the ceremony she would give you a nice smile that makes you feel much more relaxed. Bethel also delivered the ceremony amazingly! This woman knows how to speak in front of people! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! Bethel is extremely professional and answers any questions you have along the way! If you are looking for an officiant, you NEED Bethel!! I will be referring literally all of my friends!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING BETHEL! :)

Perfect Choice

Reviewed on 3/12/2015 Shauna H

When my fiancé (now wife) and I started the process of wedding planning I confess that choosing an officiant was pretty low on our To-Do list. We thought that venue, cake, etc were much higher priorities. Wasn’t the officiant just the ‘formality’ of the ceremony? Fate(Karma? Fortune?) was in our favor and at the Bridal Bizarre Bethel picked us out. She was fun, energetic, enthusiastic and gave us a lot to think about. When we met to discuss our wedding to see if we were ‘right’ for each other we had fun and knew quickly that she was the right person. We were comfortable from the first greeting and enjoyed talking about us and what we wanted. During this chat we came to realize that the ceremony wasn’t a formality, but the real reason for getting married. All of those other things were the celebration of the actual commitment we were making and that the ceremony was the most important part of our planning. Bethel made the process fun and engaging with her homework, recommendations and check in’s to help keep us on task/schedule. She felt more like a friend then a ‘vendor’ and it was fun sharing ‘us’ with her. On the actual day of our wedding Bethel was there early, checking in with each of us and helping put us at ease. The ceremony was perfect; fun, touching, emotional, ‘us’. Her inclusion of our stories, readings; it was everything we wanted and more. So many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. They all felt like they knew us better and actually enjoyed the ceremony (instead of the usual, ‘when will this be over and we can start the party’ feel of so many weddings). Bethel’s touch and sincerity shown through and many of our friends wanted to know why they hadn’t met her before at some social event as they were sure she was a good friend of ours to know us so well. We can’t recommend Ceremonies by Bethel enough; she will work with you to make sure that you have exactly the wedding you want (even if you don’t know what that is yet)

Most incredible ceremony we could have ever asked for...

Reviewed on 3/01/2015

Bethel was recommended to me by my wedding planner, Brenda Swann, when I said I wanted a meaningful and spiritual ceremony that was in no means religious. What can I say, Bethel was everything we could have ever asked from an officiant from day 1. We met and talked about our ideas and she talked about her approach to officiating and we knew immediately we had met our match. She had us each do some "homework" giving our backgrounds, stories of how we met, favorites moments together, etc, and from that put together an incredibly meaningful ceremony. When your friends and family tell you after your wedding that the ceremony was one of the most beautiful and amazing things they have seen, and their favorite part of your wedding, I think that says a lot. So many people just want to fly through the ceremony and get to the party (and trust me, we had one hell of a party!) and forget that the reason we are all partying in the first place is to celebrate love, marriage and a couple's future! The ceremony that Bethel wrote for us was so meaningful, we both laughed, cried, and smiled... we truly cherished those moments saying "I do." Thank you, Bethel, for making our day so incredibly special. If there is one thing I could say to anyone looking for a ceremony with meaning, love, and unique flair, it would be to please hire Bethel because she is an incredible and amazing woman and so great at what she does!

Jason Made Our Ceremony Perfect!

Reviewed on 1/10/2015 Georgia H

My husband and I were originally planning to have a good friend officiate for us. As it got closer to our wedding date, our lives got more busy and we were having a hard time sitting own with our friend to start the planning process. I remembered I had seen Bethel's table at several of the Bridal Bazaars I had attended, but never spoke with her since I did not need her services at the time. I liked what I remembered about her though - she was a big supporter of marriage equality, as am I, and was not religious in any way. This really spoke to me. By the time I finally reached out to her, she was already booked for our wedding date, but told us her husband, Jason, was now also officiating weddings. I was thrilled! We met with Bethel and Jason at the Starbucks near my office and spoke with them for over an hour about who we are and what we like and they told us about their style. My husband and I left this meeting feeling so relieved - we knew we were in good hands! Jason was awesome about giving us deadlines for our "homework" and helping us figure out the elements we wanted to include in our ceremony. He kept us on track and kindly nudged us when we were falling behind. The amount of readings, poems, vows, etc that he gave us to read through was incredible and really helped us craft a ceremony that was uniquely ours. In the end, our ceremony was absolutely perfect. Jason helped us select the exact words that represented how Tom and I feel about each other. The ceremony was sweet, funny, touching, romantic, and unique - just like us. Even now, two months after our wedding, I am still getting compliments on how awesome and perfect our officiant was. Everyone loved Jason's style, but no one more than Tom and I! Not to mention the fact that he took our signed license back to the courthouse to be filed for us, which I really appreciated! Thank you so much Jason and Bethel for making our wedding ceremony something we will never forget!

Wedding John & Pia - Nov 2nd 2014

Reviewed on 1/05/2015

Bethel's gentle voice, words and twinkle in her eyes made this wedding to be more than amazing. An intimate, personal and special moment. The wedding ceremony was filled with tears, laughter and love. All our guests said the same thing: This was the most meaningful personal wedding ceremony they ever attended. Bethel was like our best friend who guided us and our loved ones through our promises of love. Thank You Bethel.

WOWZA

Reviewed on 12/03/2014

WOWZA! It is often said that when you love your job you never have to work a day in your life. It was evident from the very first FaceTime meeting that Bethel clearly loves what she does! Her warm smile captured our hearts and we never even considered another officiant for our elopement. The homework exercises she had us complete not only enabled her to put together a ceremony that was absolutely perfect for us, but also gave us an opportunity to revisit our 22 year relationship as though we were experiencing things for the very first time. Bethel was so engaged throughout the entire process and when we finally met her on our wedding day it was as though we had known her for a lifetime. We both work with various vendors every day and can easily differentiate between good, better, and best. Bethel is prompt, keeps commitments, and is by far best in class!

Bethel is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Amanda D

Do not look any further if you are looking for an officiant for your wedding. Stop everything that you are doing and call Bethel right now! I mean it! Bethel was the best decision that we made for our wedding. I cannot tell you how many people stopped to either talk to Bethel and tell her how fabulous she was, or made it a point to tell me how amazing the ceremony was because of her. From the first email that I sent her I knew she was the perfect fit for our wedding. She responded so quickly and we set up a meeting to chat with her about what we were looking for, etc. We were so impressed with her and just the overall feeling we got from her. She is super friendly, engaging, smart, and had a ton of ideas to help make our ceremony special and about us and our relationship. We were so happy to know that she was available for our date, and if she wasn’t I probably would have changed it to make sure we had her there with us! J A few months before the wedding we started our homework, which we actually had a fun time doing. Not only was it helpful for Bethel better get to know us and to come up with great stories for our wedding, it was a nice way to reflect on our relationship. She had a ton of great ideas for things to incorporate into the ceremony and different ways to make it fit our style rather than the traditional way that everyone else does things. Then came the big day! Bethel was there early and helped talk me through things to calm my nerves. It was actually really nice to have her there beforehand because her overall presence is just nice to be around. The ceremony was perfect. Could not have been better. Every time I started getting a little nervous or emotional during the ceremony, I looked over at Bethel and she would wink at me and make me smile. My husband is a little shy and didn’t want to say his own vows, so Bethel had the job of pretty much doing all the talking for the ceremony. She really portrayed our relationship very well, had us laughing and (almost) crying and said everything we wanted to say without having to do it ourselves. I can’t thank her enough for how beautiful it was. Bethel was also there after the ceremony to help us sign all of our documents. She was so organized and had everything ready for us to complete. She also gave us some great words of wisdom after the ceremony that were very sweet. Shortly after the wedding date Bethel had emailed us letting us know that she was taking our documents to the county clerk’s office to file and then had mailed everything back to us. It was so awesome that she took care of that for us as well because I would have had no clue what to do. In every aspect Bethel went above and beyond. In summary, I can’t really put into words the type of person Bethel is. She is just beyond special. A rare find in this world. One in a million.

Best Choice Ever!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Melissa D

We got married on September 20, 2014 and Bethel was busy. Fortunately, her husband Jason was available. Bethel and Jason met us at a Starbucks for the initial meeting. We loved them both right away. They were both genuine and caring and very interested in making sure our wedding was amazing. They walked us through the process and made suggestions. We liked Jason so much we paid in full immediately to make sure we were able to book him! The process to get a perfect ceremony is time consuming. At times I thought... OMG, not another assignment. However, Jason guided us appropriately, used everything we provided and told him to create the most amazing personal heartfelt ceremony ever! I can't say enough about Jason and our ceremony. So many people later said that the ceremony was the most beautiful they had ever witnessed. Of course, it was our words. But there is no way we would have been able to get there without the guidance and coaching from Jason. Please contact me directly if you'd like more information. I can't say enough good things about Jason!!! Oh and one other detail ... Jason was the only vendor that went out of his way to thank us for the tip. No one else said thanks and I appreciated that gesture.

THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Desiree J

Where do I begin with Bethel? She is AMAZING! My husband and I had a civil ceremony on 8/9/13 and we decided to plan for our wedding/vow renewal exactly one year later. I told him that when we decided to plan for a wedding, I knew exactly who I had to book first, Bethel Nathan of Ceremonies by Bethel. At first he didn't understand why, but when he met her, he got it! lol Bethel is such a sweetheart and positivity radiates from her. I agree with her views on marriage and love. I am so incredibly happy that she officiates ALL marriages and celebrates the love that is shared with each couple that she works with. Bethel gave us homework assignments broken down into three parts. My husband and I had fun doing these assignments and getting the chance to reflect back on our relationship and remembering why we love each other so much. By doing the homework she helps to create a ceremony that is personal to your relationship and allows those in attendance to get a better glimpse into "us". This is something that was greatly appreciated by those that don't know us as well as a couple or individually. Throughout the ceremony I would glance at Bethel and she gave me a reassuring wink which kept me calm. I joked with my husband later that I couldn't stare into his eyes for the entire thing! For me, the ceremony is the most special part of the wedding experience and I couldn't have dreamed of a better experience than the one that my husband and I shared with Bethel's help. Bethel, thank you so much for your outstanding service and for just being you!!!

Amazing officiant!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Caitie C

Bethel was amazing. We connected with her right away and once we met her never considered any other officiant. She was creative and incredibly responsive, and most importantly was instrumental in helping us craft a unique, beautiful ceremony that was perfectly us. Bethel was open to answering any kind of questions we had and offered lots of resources and helpful advice. She was a wonderful individual to work with, and we would recommend her to anyone else looking for that perfect officiant!

Bethel was the best

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Melissa R

From the moment my wife and I met Bethel we knew that she was the officiant for us. So much so that we moved up our wedding 2 months to make sure of it. Let me just tell you that was absolutely the best decision we made!! Bethel was very attentive from our first meeting which showed in subsequent email exchanges. She brought up things that I had totally forgot we had discussed. She added those things and other information she had gathered from us into our ceremony. Bethel went above and beyond the call of officiant during the wedding process by providing us with LGBT friendly vendors, which she promptly let us know that all of her vendor recommendations were LGBT friendly...SCORE!!! Our ceremony was one that our guests nor we will ever forget. It was so personal and heartfelt. Right after the ceremony and still to this day people say how our ceremony was the best ceremony they had ever been to and there was definitely not a dry eye in the place. Although every part of the ceremony was special I must say that my favorite part was when Bethel took my wife, witnesses and daughters inside to sign our marriage license. After the signatures she had my wife and I introduce each other to her. As I type this I am tearing up because she knew how much that meant to us because for so many years same sex marriage was not legal so for me to introduce Bethel to my wife was amazing!!! If you are looking for an officiant please look no further, Bethel is definitely the best!!

Bethel is amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Christine K

Bethel is amazing! From finding her website, to the first meeting through the ceremony and afterwards, she was professional and kind. She had such positive energy that we knew we wanted to be one of her couples. We wanted something simple but unique and special that would make our small group of friends and family feel a part of the ceremony. We were married on our 17th anniversary and we wanted the wedding to be a celebration of our journey and how each of them were/are a part of it, even those not with us. Bethel nailed it. It was perfect! Everyone said afterwards how it was just so “us”. It was serious and funny, spiritual – it was unique and full of love. Bethel really took the time to get to know us which made all of the difference. No matter what kind of ceremony you are having – I would recommend Bethel - I know she can pull the pieces together for you, just like she did for us and help you have the perfect ceremony!

Our Beach Elopement with Bethel

Reviewed on 9/10/2014

Bethel is a wonderful woman, completely dedicated to her work and her clients. She made us feel so comfortable from the first day we met her, even skyping from 2,000 miles away. Throughout the entire process over several months, her correspondence was impeccable and professional and what we loved the most was her sincere commitment in getting to know the both of us and how we came together as a couple. On our special day, the way she spoke and her delivery of the ceremony was so warm and sweet and touching...and that is something that we will always be grateful for. In ten years from now, we'd like to renew our vows in the same spot on the beach and would be honored to have Bethel as our officiant again and our friend, as she has truly become.

Such an amazing ceremony!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Laura C

If you aren't sure about Bethel, if you look on Yelp you'll see she has EIGHTY-FIVE FIVE-STAR REVIEWS and not a single one that isn't five stars. That should tell you all you need to know. If not, read my review. Bethel is amazing. Since we first met with her (exactly one year before our wedding date, as she pointed out!) we knew she HAD to be part of our ceremony. She is so warm and inviting, and really just makes you feel so excited about the ceremony and all the lifelong gushy love stuff. My husband and I are kind of quieter about our relationship (his mom didn't even know he was dating someone til he charged Olive Garden to her credit card two months into our relationship) so it was awesome how Bethel told our relationship story to our guests so that they could all be a part of it. We loved her "homework" and finished it within a week of getting the assignment (and we weren't usually that proactive about homework!). She understood when we said we wanted a "religious tinge" to mention God, but to focus the ceremony on us as a couple, not on God. She was open and honest with her feelings on what we wanted the ceremony to be like, and gave suggestions and advice without pushing any "formula" on us. We really appreciated her favorite readings and quotes, as well as sample vows from real couples, because they helped us get a feel for our own. We ended up writing our vows together (over Skype, super romantic) and I was a little shocked at how awesome they turned out! I think partly because as we did the homework, both of us really reflected on our relationship and our feelings for each other, so writing the vows wasn't really difficult at all. On the day of, Bethel was early and ready to go, like any professional. She did a great job welcoming and speaking and all of that and really made sure our guests enjoyed the ceremony. Phenomenal! Everyone commented on what a unique and special ceremony it was, and how she shared our "he said she said" answers to the questions she asked in our homework, as well as our back-and-forth conversation vows (Bethel's idea!). When we first got engaged I focused on the reception and didn't really give much thought to the actual ceremony, but with Bethel, my favorite part of our wedding was our vows! Thank you Bethel for making our ceremony so special and giving our wedding (and marriage) a fantastic start!!!

Worth every penny and more...

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Alice F

My wife and I were so lucky to find Bethel. We actually didn’t start working with Bethel until 3 weeks before our wedding. Yes, 3 weeks! We were actually working with another officiant before that, but we just couldn’t get wedding ceremony that we had envisioned, so we made a very tough decision to switch officiant that late in the planning process. Boy, we were sooo glad. From our first Skype meeting, we felt connected with Bethel. She’s fun, professional, and completely understand how much we value the importance of a customized wedding ceremony. She also work with us with this tight timeline, and she actually delivered. She gave us some homework to do, and TWO DAYS after we turned around our homework to her, she gave us the first ceremony draft back. And it was incredible...it was everything we were looking for. Fun, sweet, sincere, and touching! The “homework” made everything so easy. It allowed her to get to know us, and she gave us tons of examples for vows, readings/quotes, and ceremony ideas. We basically pick and choose what we liked, and she took those and made us the perfect ceremony. Throughout the planning process, she was prompt in responding to our questions, and gave us a lot of helpful pointers (from how to get our marriage license to providing cute, fun ideas to involve our guests during the ceremony). Despite knowing us for only 3 weeks, we felt like we’ve known her for a long time. During the ceremony, she was funny, enthusiastic, and heartfelt. She kept winking at us as if saying we’re doing great, and that calmed my nerves big time. She balanced our ceremony between sincere and lighthearted, and performed the most touching ceremony. Everything turned out amazing, and a lot of our guests complimented how special she made our ceremony. After the wedding, we received the whole script of our ceremony as a keepsake, a copy of the marriage certificate she sent to the county clerk office, and even a very sweet wedding card to us. We were extremely happy with Bethel, and would definitely recommend her to anyone. We think the ceremony is the most important part of a wedding, and Bethel is worth every penny of it.

Best Decision We Made for Our Wedding

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Priscilla G

The decision you make in the past will influence your future, no truer words than these. Today over a year after we were married my husband emailed me our vows from our wedding day. Bethel was the best decision we made for our wedding, more than a dress or flowers our guest remember the ceremony. Bethel drew light to who we are and our love for each other. Our guest to this day talk about how unique and genuine our ceremony was and how it helped them to rekindle the memories of their wedding day. She gave us more than I do's she gave us I'm honored, I'm loved, I'm cherished, and committed through it all until the end of time.

The only officiant you will need to meet with!

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 Terryn T

My Husband and I met Bethel early on in our engagement thinking it might take a while to choose the right Officiant. I am delighted to say I was completely wrong! Even before we officially met Bethel it was already clear from her emails that she was such a warm and caring person, just the sort of person I wanted for our ceremony. When we finally did meet with her I immediately felt like I could spend hours talking. She had so many great stories and she was such a wealth of knowledge on wedding traditions from all different cultures and time periods. Bethel's services are so unique: not only does she give you a menu of ceremony styles to choose from which results in a wedding tailored to the couple's personality, She gives her couples "homework" which ends up providing some really heart felt stories that the husband and wife reveal to each other on the wedding day. My favorite touch was when she sent us a list of her favorite places to visit in Maui for our honeymoon in September. Everything about our ceremony was personal, unique, and felt very modern and not at all preachy which was what I was fearful of. Bethel's excitement for our ceremony was truly genuine, I couldn't have chosen a better officiant. It was a very memorable and stress free event thanks to Bethel! By the end of the experience she felt more like a close friend who was marrying us. If we ever have a vow renewal I know who I am going to call :)

A Day of Love and Laughter with Bethel!

Reviewed on 7/25/2014 Joni .

Bethel recently served as the officiant at our wedding that was held in the Japanese Friendship Garden on July 19th. From the very beginning, Bethel understood that we did not want a “cookie cutter” wedding, but rather, a customized experience that would represent us as a couple. Bethel took the time to get to know us well, and really listened to our vision for a special event. While we knew that we didn’t want a traditional wedding, we didn’t know precisely what we DID want! Bethel’s expertise really showed when she introduced us to her huge library of wedding vows, poetry, and readings. This helped us to select individual items to add to our ceremony. When Bethel put these all together, the event was magical! Additionally, Bethel is very well-versed in wedding customs from many cultures, so was able to share some ideas tailored to fit our personalities. When Bethel learned that we were getting married in the Japanese Friendship Garden, she immediately added some Japanese blessings to our ceremony – spoken in perfect, fluent Japanese! Only Bethel can weave a wedding tapestry with such skill and finesse. I absolutely recommend Bethel as an officiant for all weddings or celebrations. She is professional, personable, and positive! Our wedding was a joyous occasion, filled with love and laughter, thanks to Bethel.

An Amazing Officiant

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Laura S

Bethel did an outstanding job at both creating and delivering the perfect ceremony. She was an absolute delight to work with and had a contagious energy and positive attitude. She provided wonderful suggestions while incorporating our own ideas to create a ceremony that reflected our personalities and the nature of our relationship. It couldn't have been a more perfect ceremony, and many of our guests said that it was the most moving and beautiful one they'd seen. Bethel did an amazing job and was also very helpful in guiding us through marriage logistics as well!

TO Ceremonies By Bethel