Ceremonies By Bethel

San Diego County mostly, but also Temecula & nearby areas

Fun – Personal – Meaningful – Non-Traditional

You’ve decided to join your lives and hearts by making a lifelong commitment to one another. For us, the wedding ceremony is all about celebrating your relationship! Let’s celebrate your union, touch your hearts, and inspire your loved ones with a ceremony that is special and meaningful to you!

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Ceremony, Wedding

San Diego County mostly, but also Temecula & nearby areas

Stop your Officiant search NOW!

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Josh S

Stop your search right now for Officiants, for you've found the absolute PERFECT one with Bethel!!!! If we could rate higher than 5 stars we EASILY would with her! After a somewhat disappointing meeting with our first potential Officiant (nothing terrible -- just no... Read More connection between us), I was skeptical of how our meet-up with Bethel would unfold. We met for what was supposed to have been just 1 hour, but ended up being OVER 2! Bethel took time to ask questions, got to know us (and more importantly, what we wanted from an Officiant), and even made time for small talk -- all this at our first meeting, before we signed any contracts with her or paid her one penny! Throughout the entire process (note: there WILL be homework involved with Bethel -- but it's really fun and by no means is it daunting), she checked in with us, providing a perfect balance of guidance and options for how we wanted our ceremony to look. And although I didn't think much of it at the beginning, this is a really important and special point, because no two couples are the same; why should ceremonies by cookie-cutter? And frankly, most Officiants offer pretty much cookie-cutter ceremonies. Bethel was ALWAYS available to talk or answer questions (And I mean that literally. I would get good quality responses from her within hours -- usually within minutes.), which is helpful because the entire wedding planning process can be stressful and things can change at a moments' notice. Bethel was always willing to provide input along the way, rolling beautifully with any changes that we made. On the day of the wedding, Bethel was, quite simply, the highlight of the night. We received countless compliments on her, and our ceremony in general. Our ceremony was a beautiful representation of who we are, and Bethel had the vision to bring everything together wonderfully. We are so fortunate to have met her. DON'T DELAY WITH BETHEL - her schedule (deservedly) fills QUICKLY!!

Bethel believes!

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Karly K

Its pretty rare that I am at a loss for words about something but it is hard to communicate just how great Bethel is. So here it goes, she just gets it. I mean she truly understands and feels love and what it means to love and the different ways people love and how to... Read More communicate love and how to share that love with others. When we originally were looking for an officiant we were lucky enough to have a wedding planner who knew of and had worked with Bethel so soon thereafter we reached out to her. We set up a skype session with a vague idea of what we wanted. After 20 minutes we were blown away by just how prepared, confident and knowledgeable she was about her role and the affect she can have on this special moment in our lives. We had initially said that we wanted to do just a 10-15 ceremony so that we could move on to the fun part of the night, the party. She made it abundantly clear that if all we were looking for was someone to help us say "I do" then she was not the person for us. I really appreciated her honesty and over the course of that first video chat I realized that we really did have the right person for us and that the ceremony is really more important than the other aspects of the day as it allows others to be a part of our lives and helps us share our love for each other with those that are important in our lives. We had homework. This I was not expecting although looking back and knowing Bethel I should have. She is so passionate about getting to know you and understand your relationship with your significant other that she is hungry for as much information as possible. She then incorporates this into the ceremony thus allowing your guest to share in the experiences that led to you being there, don't worry she doesn't share anything embarrassing or anything that you don't want her to. The other part of the homework is she shows you this this treasure trove of information that helps guide you through the endless options of what to include in your ceremony. We chose several reading that spoke to us and the favorite of everyone in attendance was the "knot tying" ceremony involving the mothers. I've always been fascinated where the phrase came from and this part of the ceremony really stood out to everyone involved. Even the day after Bethel was communicating with us and guiding us through the paperwork and legalese now involved once the wedding is completed. Her customer service is off the charts and we would recommend her to anyone!! Bethel you are the best and we hope our paths cross again!

Excellent in Every Way

Reviewed on 5/04/2014 Jamie M

Bethel Nathan is by far the best decision my husband and I made about our entire wedding. Bethel is incredibly kind and she truly strives to make your ceremony a wonderful and meaningful experience. Every single guest raved about the ceremony. I didn't hear a word about the... Read More reception, the DJ, or the venue from anyone on the wedding day because no one could stop talking about how awesome the ceremony was. Many people told me that it was the best ceremony they have ever been to. And they were right. The ceremony truly was amazing because of Bethel. My husband was skeptical when we set up our initial meeting with Bethel, but within 10 minutes, she wowed us both. She wants the ceremony to be meaningful for each couple, so she works with you to make it exactly what you want it to be. She sent us homework assignments geared towards getting to know us and our relationship. She gave us tons of ideas for ways to make the ceremony unique, including options for everything from the readings, to how we said our vows, to how she would announce us to the audience at the end of the ceremony. Every last detail was taken care of with care. AND, as if that wasn't enough, Bethel is super organized. She helped us prepare for all the details, get our marriage certificate, and send detailed emails about what to expect through every step of the process. I love details, so she was totally awesome! If you don't hire Bethel to be your officiant, you are missing out on the very best wedding ceremony you can possibly imagine. HIRE THIS INCREDIBLE WOMAN. I have never been so confident about a recommendation in my life.

Reviewed on 11/19/2015

Thank you Bethel for a wonderful and memorable Wedding Day. Shelly and I cannot say enough about how personable and professional it was working with you. I HIGHLY recommend Ceremonies by Bethel for your Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Jacqueline L

First off, I feel so lucky to have found Jason. Bethel started Ceremonies by Bethel, but Jason is amazing in his own right. My now husband and I met with both Bethel and Jason and we immediately felt at ease with their personalities and style. Instincts told us that this was a... Read More great match and those instincts did not steer us wrong! Our ceremony was absolutely perfect. My biggest concern with weddings is that it is a big show and the people in attendance feel more like spectators than participants in this important life event. Jason's questionnaires allowed us to make the ceremony as personal as possible. He gave us so many ideas that allowed us to create a ceremony that promoted that feeling of community we were looking for. Wedding guests told us later that the ceremony was unlike anything they had seen before. Someone even told me she doesn't usually like weddings, but she enjoyed ours! Someone else told me that Jason's voice was perfect and the ceremony felt like just the right length, which was a relief since I admittedly had a hard time choosing between all the different options so I just included a lot! Whether you work with Jason or Bethel, I firmly believe you will get exactly the ceremony you're looking for. They treat their couples like family and I feel like they will continue to be a part of our lives even now that the wedding is over. Jason, thank you so much for giving us the ceremony of our dreams!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Kyle S

I cannot begin to describe how professional, warm, caring, and kind Jason and Bethel were for our wedding. We recently wed on 10/17/15 at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay, with Jason Nathan playing officiant. Every step of the way, from our first meeting, he literally planned and... Read More walked us through it, executing to perfection. Being a perfectionist myself, every minute detail is a stressful moment, especially wanting to create the moment of a lifetime for my bride. His ideas, constant communication and assistance throughout the entire process were more than appreciated. He literally left no stone unturned and through his many suggestions, we found and even expanded on ideas we never even thought to incorporate. On the day of the event, it was great to see him again. He helped calm the nerves of a very anxious groom. The entire ceremony was an absolute fairy tale, with him having touched on very personal moments, allowing friends and family, but most importantly us, to really relish and cherish the moment and personal experience he created from scratch. There is homework involved throughout the process, involving very intimate moments and stories you must share without your future spouse knowing. He combines this together masterfully and as you hear the stories unfold standing at the alter, it is impossible not to appreciate how much effort, planning, and execution went into his work. Jason Nathan and Bethel are true professionals, who have a great passion for what they do and ensuring they execute the most flawless moments into your ceremony. I am unbelievably impressed with them and there is no question in my mind that Jason did not hit a home-run, but a grand slam. We truly appreciate the experience and cannot thank him enough. Jason and Bethel - truly the best of the best.

The best officiant in San Diego

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Stephanie T

There are no words that effectively describe Bethel Nathan and the services she provides. We used Bethel as our officiant for our October 3rd wedding. This was a second marriage for both my husband and myself...and going into it we really had not placed much emphasis on the... Read More ceremony. That changed drastically after our first meeting with Bethel. She immediately tuned in to our close bond, and was able to make recommendations that made our ceremony feel personalized and unique. Suddenly we both became excited about the ceremony and sharing our commitment with our family and friends. The result was a truly magical experience, and I don't think I will ever able to say thank you enough Bethel! You have a gift Bethel and we are so blessed and grateful that you shared it with us, making our special day perfect in every way. I highly recommend Bethel for any couple getting married and looking for a truly unique and personalized ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Yana R

Jason was our officiant for our September 19 wedding. It was a great ceremony perfectly executed by him. Jason made our guests laugh and tear up a little, just what you want from a good officiant. What we loved the most about Jason is that he listened to our requests and... Read More followed through with all promises. The communication was on point and every step of the way was explained perfectly! I highly recommend Jason as he made the process seamless and unforgettable! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

If you want to feel organised about your ceremony , chose Bethel. If you want to get the right questions about your partner...chose Bethel If you want wise words with feelings.....chose Bethel If you want a romantic and personal wedding...chose Bethel. She's the women that... Read More makes it happen and I promise you, you will be taken care of, it doesn't matter how nervous you are, you will get the feeling that you are at the right place , at the right time, with the right persons. That feeling is the very best, and you will always be thinking back to that moment with a smile on your face and a warm heart. And if she is busy.....she has a wonderful husband Jason, we so glad we didn't meet him before our wedding. Behind a great, wonderful and loving women , stands always a great ,wonderful and loving man.

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

The only real choice to have a beautiful, warm, and personable ceremony is with Bethel! We have received so many heart felt compliments from friends and family on how beautiful, unique and genuine the ceremony was. More than once our friends and family told us that they felt... Read More as though they understood us and our love more than they ever had before. We were able to do that because of the intimate space Bethel created and the time she took in getting to know us. It was everything we have always wanted.

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Nina M

We were lucky enough to have Bethel as our officiant for our wedding at Karl Strauss in San Diego. From the moment we met her, we knew we were in good hands (especially since she was familiar with the venue). She was extremely professional yet personable, resourceful, eloquent,... Read More and knowledgeable; which is good because we had no idea what we were doing and knew little of what we wanted. She crafted a personalized ceremony for us that met every single criteria we could think of. Bethel even suggested a lot of things we DIDN'T think of! She made everything simple by using a special formula to get to know us and by providing guidance and a ton of resources to choose our vows, specific lines, etc. from. Overall, we got the feeling that Bethel really cared about us and cared about what she was doing! Definitely recommend! Bethel even passed the Mom test: after the wedding, my mother and many other guests gave us compliments on our officiant choice and ceremony as a whole. Thank you to Bethel for making our wedding day even more perfect and special.

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Rachel W

My wife and I were referred to Bethel by our wedding photographer and we are so grateful to have connected with her. From the moment we met Bethel, we were put at ease by her warmth, openness, compassion and obvious skill and experience as an officiant. She provided us with... Read More helpful information throughout the planning process, including reminders about when, where and how to file for a marriage license. She offered gentle guidance, suggestions and samples to help us create a meaningful ceremony and vows that felt personal and authentic to our relationship. The homework assignment she gave us was reflective, nostalgic and fun, and we enjoyed hearing each other's responses for the first time during our ceremony - it added an enjoyable element of surprise. She also encourages couples to write love letters to each other, which she sends to you on your honeymoon and each year on your anniversary. My wife and I loved having a platform to share our more intimate thoughts and sentiments with one another and we look forward to remembering how we felt in the weeks leading up to our wedding for years to come. Bethel is an absolute pleasure to work with - you will not be disappointed!

BEST Officiant

Reviewed on 8/08/2015 Laura R

Jason and Bethel were wonderful!! From the moment we met them, we knew they would be our officiant. We went with Jason, because Bethel was not available, but we were not let down at all. Our wedding ceremony was so personal, intimate, and fun. We laughed, cried, and didn't... Read More have to stand there for eternity ;) Jason had us provide details of our courtship and relationship before the wedding, which was fun and reminiscent. He used this information to give our guests a glimpse of what brought us together, kept us together, and what we looked forward to together. It was a wonderful surprise and so heartfelt. Everyone loved the ceremony and were truly touched by everything Jason said. We were so happy with the ceremony! He also ensured our marriage certificate was signed and filed for us, and sent us copies of everything. Thank you so much Jason!

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 James C

Jason Nathan was the officiant for our wedding and we both could not be any happier with him. The ceremony was intimate, and the words spoken were beautiful. Our guests kept telling us afterwards how much they enjoyed it. Jason played a big part in making that happen. Here... Read More are specific services he provided to us: 1. Since we do not live in San Diego we met on Skype where Jason and Bethel discussed in more detail the ceremony services they provide. 2. We were given a list of 15 questions about our loved ones to answer. Jason would then use some of our answers directly in the ceremony itself. This is one of the reasons the ceremony was so intimate. 3. Jason also gave us a lot of suggestions for what to include in the ceremony such as specific examples of readings/poems, blessings, types of vows, and different symbolic ceremonies to to do in the wedding itself (like a sand ceremony or wine toasts). And throughout he made it very clear that this was our wedding so he encouraged us to come up with our own ideas and he would integrate them into the ceremony. One such example of this was inputting a star wars reference (do or do not, there is no try) prior to reading our vows; Jason was more than happy to do this. Another example was doing a beer toast with guests any time a plane flew by since our ceremony was close to the airport. He was accommodating with this and even came up with a nice statement to let guests know. 4. Upon making our selections of what we wanted, Jason came up with a draft ceremony instructing us to edit any portion that we saw fit. 5. In the ceremony itself, Jason spoke very clearly; he did not stutter, he didn't speak too soft or too loud, nor did he read too fast or too slow. This was particularly impressive since one of our poems we had selected was a tongue twister from Dr. Seuss. He did not make one mistake! This highlights that Jason has strong communication skills which is vital for a successful ceremony since it is the officiant's job to verbally explain why the bride and groom are meant for each other. One final thing to highlight with the ceremony is Jason came across with a sense of warmth and happiness for us, despite not really knowing him. This demeanor was felt by not only us, but also our guests and it another reason why I feel the ceremony was so intimate. 6. Finally, Jason helped us with all of the logistics regarding our wedding license. He gave us information about where and when to fill out the appropriate forms, and once the ceremony was completed, Jason mailed the forms to the appropriate government office. For all of these reasons, we are so happy we chose Weddings by Bethel for our ceremony. They definitely made it a highlight of the evening. This is why I highly recommend them for your wedding. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Katrina H

Bethel is amazing! We are not religious and were worried about that being a part of our ceremony since it didn't fit us. I didn't know there was any other option, besides getting someone close to us ordained but then I met Bethel at the Bridal Bazaar. I liked her right off the... Read More bat and knew it was supposed to be. Our ceremony could be about us and that was how we wanted it to be. She was very easy to work with and helpful with any other aspects of the wedding we needed referrals for. She was on top of everything and it took a lot of weight off our shoulders. Our dogs are a huge part of our life but having them at the ceremony wasn't something that was easy to work out, we didn't want to have to stress about them or have any guests having to watch them, she found a way to include them in the ceremony without them being there and that meant a lot to us. She was also very receptive to us doing a beer mixing ceremony, its kind of like a sand ceremony. Honestly, she was the favorite part of my whole wedding, other than marrying my best friend, of course. We have several friends who are soon to be married and I hope they use her.

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Ilyse L

I knew Bethel was the one to marry us from the minute we met her. She has the calmness and confidence of someone that knew exactly what she was doing. She gave me peace throughout our busy wedding planning and even was my peaceful person during the ceremony. She had the best... Read More ideas and great vows and readings for us to work with. We chose a stone ceremony that was a very special moment for all of our guests to participate in our day. Everyone there thought she was incredible. I would highly recommend Bethel if you are looking for an incredible officiant.

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Ilyse L

Reviewed on 6/04/2015

My husband and I got together in 2005. After many years of falling more in love with each other we decided to get married. I have always wanted a beach wedding and decided San Diego was were I wanted to get married. Searching many different people to do our wedding for us... Read More brought me to Bethel. She was very eager to get to know us as a couple before helping us plan our ceremony. We talked many times and even Skyped a couple of times to talk and get to know each other. When we got to actually be panning the ceremony for our big day, Bethel let us decide how we wanted it done instead of telling us how she did weddings. When asked, she provided many different things and styles of ceremonies we could do to make our day unique. She told us we could use what we want and how we wanted which made me happy to know she cared about our day being our own. I especially liked the "Hanf Fasting" Ceremony. I am hoping Bethel is still doing weddings in 2024 for our 10 year anniversary so she can help us renew our vows. Thank you Bethel for making our day our own and not a cookie cutter wedding that everyone else has done.

Reviewed on 6/01/2015

Bethel Nathan is hands down the best in the business. The way she tends to you and does everything within her power to make the entire process smooth is second to none. From the first moment you meet her until the end of your ceremony you have no doubt that you are her priority... Read More and that everything is will be perfect. The experience from beginning to end was absolutely the best any couple could EVER hope for. I would recommend her to EVERYONE I know. I married the woman of my dreams so I will never have a need to marry again but if I ever renew my vows she will be the one I call on. NO ONE BETTER IN THE BUSINESS for the most important day of your life.

Reviewed on 6/01/2015

Bethel was exactly what were looking for and so much more for our intimate elopement ceremony. After contacting Bethel we were completely at ease and more knowledgeable on the whole process. Bethel took the time to get to know us and our relationship in order to make our... Read More ceremony everything we dreamed of. I highly recommendyou hire Bethel to make your ceremony unique, personal and everything you dream your wedding to be.

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Tanya M

Our experience with Bethel began back in early 2014 while we were on vacation in Oxford, England. Bethel came highly recommended by our Wedding Planner who said that Bethel and her ceremonies were by far the most extraordinary she had seen throughout her career. With this... Read More information we quickly setup a meeting with Bethel over Skype and found out in person how unique, detailed and special she was. Throughout the year that we worked with Bethel we were constantly amazed by her thoroughness and attention to detail in all facets of our ceremony and wedding planning. As a couple who are event planners and project managers we had very specific aspects to the wedding coupled with high expectations for the officiant who would proceed over the ceremony. Bethel exceeded all of our expectations and then some. Her presence, delivery and sincerity for our happiness was ever present during the planning and the actual ceremony in May of 2015. What's even more remarkable is that post wedding Bethel has stayed in communication ensuring that our wedding license process is completed and any questions we had were answered. This has been by far the best experience that we have both had in our lives. For those interested in a Wedding Officiant that not only proceeds over a ceremony, but takes time to get to know the couple and provide guidance on what matters most .... talk to Bethel Nathan.

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Lucina L

"If anyone missed your ceremony, they REALLY MISSED OUT, your officiant was by far the best ever, your ceremony moved everyone in that room. How did you find her, who is she and did you already know her?', this is exactly what our great friend told us after our wedding. Linda... Read More (my wife), and I had no idea where to even begin after we became engaged. We went to quite a few bridal bazaars/events and on one lucky Sunday, as we walked down a vendor aisle I remember making eye contact with this woman, who had an amazingly warm smile and stood out from everyone else, I noticed she was an officiant. We continued to walk and I thought to myself.... Hey we are going to need one of those! Lol, we came across other vendors and some how ended right back at Bethel's booth, where she stood with her husband. Once again that smile and warmth just moved us towards her. Of course we stopped and spoke with her, and suddenly we just knew..SHE IS THE ONE! Bethel, met with us one on one and guided us along the way, in making our special day the most memorable of our lives together. On April 11, 2015, we were honored to have Bethel Nathan, stand by our side and present our endless love, life and future together as wife and wife. Every word, was customized to us as friends, lovers and soon to be wives. She created a unique ceremony for us and tailored our lives into one beautiful story. We laughed, held back tears and most importantly blended our families together as one. She definitely put a spin on things and made our day the most memorable, not only in our lives, but our family and friends as well! After the ceremony we had so many of our guest's approach us with heart felt words about Bethel, and how she touched everyone, and filled our chapel with warmth, love and laughter! We highly recommend Bethel, and hope that she can fill your day with as many memories as she did ours!

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Lauren V

Where to begin about Bethel...honestly words cannot accurately portray the way my husband and I feel about her! From our very first contact with her through email, to skype, to meeting her in person at our wedding (we were from out of town) she was nothing short of wonderful and... Read More supportive. Anytime we had a question, she answered it promptly. She truly went above and beyond to make our wedding day special and perfect! Using the 'homework' to get to know us better, she tailored our ceremony to fit us perfectly. Both of our families, and other vendors, raved about how fantastic she was during the ceremony. Many guests had the same thing to say...'We could tell Bethel really cared about you guys', which is so true!! My husband and I know Bethel is a huge part of our lives now and forever will be. She is not just an officiant, she is now a friend and we couldn't be more grateful to have her. I would recommend Bethel to anyone and any couple that chooses her will be so very lucky!

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Carl C

Awesome! Bethel was a wonderful help for us to write vows and decide the elements and organization of the ceremony. She made sure everything was exactly how WE wanted it, and she executed that during the wedding with professionalism and a big smile. We could not be more happy... Read More with her services. She even accommodated a last minute venue change due to weather (alopement wedding, so only about 15 people, had to relocate from beach to Balboa Park due to wind and rain.) Again, all 5 stars earned, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Csilla F

Bethel is simply the best! At first, my parents were trying to convince me that I should get my now-husband's brother or one of our other friends to officiate our wedding to save costs and because they said "just about anyone can officiate a wedding". Boy were they wrong...and... Read More they loved Bethel so much they now say that they want Bethel to officiate all future weddings in our family. The very best part about how Bethel works is that she *loves* her job and she takes it to the most professional level—she is caring, organized, detail oriented, present, engaged, and overall a lovely human being. My husband had found Bethel online based on all of her amazing ratings on yelp, the Knot, and Wedding Wire so I made a point of visiting her booth first when I went to the Bridal Bazaar at the San Diego Convention Center last September. I instantly loved her calm, friendly confidence and the types of weddings she says she officiates. As I progressed through talking to other wedding officiants at the bazaar, I knew that Bethel is in a class of her own. When my husband and I went to meet with Bethel together to specifically book her for our wedding, her description of the different ceremony options and what some of them entail already had me emotional and feeling like "wow--this whole thing is for real” and that our wedding ceremony would be infinitely more meaningful than I had previously thought. The homework that Bethel assigns her couples is fun and really makes you put into words why you are getting married in the first place that ends up in turn making the ceremony so powerful (and is an awesome keepsake). Also, Bethel was really nice about sending reminders and checking in with us throughout the process. Also, for tax reasons, my husband and I got married on our own before January and then had our wedding ceremony and reception with friends and family in mid-January. Bethel was so incredibly supportive of our decision and our special day that she came and officiated both! On the main wedding day, her pre-ceremony talk with me calmed my nerves...she really takes care of her couples! During the ceremony, she kept an amazing flow and she was so in tune with my husband and I as well as with the rest of the room. There was hardly a dry eye in the room, and some of our guests have since been following Bethel on facebook. Having Bethel at our wedding was one of the best parts of the entire experience.

Bethel Nathan

how do you get from wall street to wedding ceremonies? After walking away from a successful Wall Street career, and running her family's small business, Bethel decided to create something around her own passion - officiating weddings for fun and non-traditional/non-religious couples. After officiating a handful for family and friends, she knew that this was something she loved doing. So in May 2009, she launched full time, and has now celebrated more than 650 couples! With a background both in business and in public speaking, and a joy for celebrating great couples, this is a natural fit!