Ceremonies By Bethel

San Diego County mostly, but also Temecula & nearby areas

Fun – Personal – Meaningful – Non-Traditional

You’ve decided to join your lives and hearts by making a lifelong commitment to one another. For us, the wedding ceremony is all about celebrating your relationship! Let’s celebrate your union, touch your hearts, and inspire your loved ones with a ceremony that is special and meaningful to you!

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Interfaith

Ceremony, Wedding

San Diego County mostly, but also Temecula & nearby areas (619) 302-3035

Stop your Officiant search NOW!

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Josh S

Stop your search right now for Officiants, for you've found the absolute PERFECT one with Bethel!!!! If we could rate higher than 5 stars we EASILY would with her! After a somewhat disappointing meeting with our first potential Officiant (nothing terrible -- just no... Read More connection between us), I was skeptical of how our meet-up with Bethel would unfold. We met for what was supposed to have been just 1 hour, but ended up being OVER 2! Bethel took time to ask questions, got to know us (and more importantly, what we wanted from an Officiant), and even made time for small talk -- all this at our first meeting, before we signed any contracts with her or paid her one penny! Throughout the entire process (note: there WILL be homework involved with Bethel -- but it's really fun and by no means is it daunting), she checked in with us, providing a perfect balance of guidance and options for how we wanted our ceremony to look. And although I didn't think much of it at the beginning, this is a really important and special point, because no two couples are the same; why should ceremonies by cookie-cutter? And frankly, most Officiants offer pretty much cookie-cutter ceremonies. Bethel was ALWAYS available to talk or answer questions (And I mean that literally. I would get good quality responses from her within hours -- usually within minutes.), which is helpful because the entire wedding planning process can be stressful and things can change at a moments' notice. Bethel was always willing to provide input along the way, rolling beautifully with any changes that we made. On the day of the wedding, Bethel was, quite simply, the highlight of the night. We received countless compliments on her, and our ceremony in general. Our ceremony was a beautiful representation of who we are, and Bethel had the vision to bring everything together wonderfully. We are so fortunate to have met her. DON'T DELAY WITH BETHEL - her schedule (deservedly) fills QUICKLY!!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Matthew D

After a few months of unsuccessful brainstorming which of our friends we would ask to officiate our wedding, my wife and I finally decided that maybe we should at least take a look at other options. We immediately came across Ceremonies by Bethel online and she also came... Read More recommended by more than one of our vendors who we had already booked. To our surprise, her prices were very reasonable, and we maintain that for what Bethel added to our wedding day, she represents the best value for the money spent on our wedding. Everything, from our first meeting with her to the few moments we had with her after the ceremony to say goodbye, was perfect and we are so glad we went with her to officiate our wedding. We met Bethel for the first time about 8 months before the wedding and the meeting felt more like a cup of coffee with an old friend than a meeting with a wedding professional. She is one of those people that you feel instantly comfortable with because of her warmth and friendliness. She explained her services and threw out a few ideas for the ceremony and we were instantly sold. Bethel does not do religious ceremonies, which was perfect for us. After the meeting, two or three times before the wedding, we got e-mails from Bethel with "homework" to talk a little bit about ourselves so that she could tailor the ceremony to us. Some of the homework was for us to do together and some was to do individually. The individual homework made the ceremony so much fun and a surprise even for us, because we didn't know what the other had said! The pages and pages of ceremony and vows ideas that Bethel sent us kept us busy dreaming what we wanted our wedding to be like, and ultimately helped us truly make the ceremony our own by mixing and matching ideas, while coming up with a few of our own. Bethel's real magic comes in when you tell her what you like, what you don't like, and at most a vague feeling of what you want your ceremony to be. She sends you back a draft of the ceremony to look over (with the "surprise" individual answers omitted!) that is beautifully constructed, not too long, and very personal. Even with all of the ideas, there's no way my wife and I could have put everything together in such a logical, flowing way. We both found ourselves holding back tears just reading it on a computer screen. After one back and forth with corrections and suggestions, our ceremony was done. Easy as pie. What can I say about the ceremony that I haven't already conveyed? It was beautiful and everything we imagined. It made people laugh and cry (including us) and she spoke about us as a couple as if she had known us for years. Of course she spoke clearly and slowly enough that even our oldest grandparents could understand the words. After the ceremony, multiple guests came up to us asking, "where did you find her!" and raving about the ceremony. Even our most religious relatives said the ceremony was amazing and that she nailed it. We would absolutely, whole-heartedly recommend Ceremonies by Bethel to anyone looking for an officiant for their wedding. You won't be disappointed.

2017-02-18T17:21:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much, Matthew! It was such a pleasure working with you and Kelly, getting to know you two and all that you share, and then getting to be your voice that day to help everyone there to celebrate you two!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016

Jason, of Ceremonies by Bethel, was INCREDIBLE. We were looking for someone who would work WITH us to create a ceremony that combined different traditions and was a representation of who we are. Not only did he put my now husband and I at ease with his ideas, guidance, and... Read More professionalism, but he was so patient, thoughtful, and kind. He walked us through everything step-by-step, and most importantly, he supported our desire to make our ceremony uniquely us from beginning to end. He let us be us, which was really hard to find. We truly enjoyed creating the ceremony piece by piece; Jason made it fun and interactive , and the outcome blew us away. Everyone said how special and unique our ceremony was. He was soulful, flexible, knowledgeable, he held our 150+ crowd's attention, and he gently made sure we kept on deadline. Jason was more than a wedding officiant for us, and we are so grateful. Look no further! You're in excellent hands with Jason.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Jillian A

Bethel is hands down amazing! She was so wonderful to work with, easy going and professional. She made my fiancé and I feel comfortable each step of the way. On our wedding day she did an awesome job at making the ceremony better than we could have imagined. Bethel is a kind... Read More hearted woman who I was so blessed to be able to have met. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Stephanie S

Hiring Bethel was one of the best and most important decisions I made for my wedding. While I had a blast at my reception, the ceremony ended up being my favorite and most memorable part of my wedding day. Bethel was central to creating that. She continually reminded us to relax... Read More and enjoy the moment. She took our “homework” assignments and crafted them into the story of our relationship to let everyone know who we are as a couple. It was amazing to be surprised by the beauty of that story mixed with the inspirational words she helped us choose as readings. My fiancé, our families and friends, and I were brought to tears. We had many guests tell us what a beautiful and meaningful ceremony we’d had and wanted to know more about Bethel and how we’d found her. I’m so glad that when I look back on my wedding day I will remember the quiet grace, beauty, and emotion of the moments when my fiancé and I became husband and wife. As you go into planning with Bethel, you can trust her professional decisions and advice. Please listen to her, and you won’t regret it! I was afraid our ceremony would be too long, but Bethel convinced me that it was the right length. She was right. She also gives great instructions so that you won’t have to think of everything, but you will know exactly what you need to do, whether it’s time to write your vows, choose your readings, apply for your marriage license, or order a copy of your license. It was easy for me to get caught up in planning the reception. Had it not been for Bethel’s work I wouldn’t have taken as much time as I did reflecting on my relationship with my fiancé and fully realizing what our marriage means to us. I highly recommend her. She transformed our wedding and made it beautiful.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Donna O

The process of finding the right officiant for our wedding was painstaking and, on one occasion, heartbreaking... until we met Bethel. Our first encounter with Bethel was over a Skype call where we went through introductions and a Q&A session. She greeted us with a warm smile... Read More and welcome, and we immediately felt comfortable and at ease with her. Before the call even ended, we felt like Bethel would be a perfect fit but we were faced with a tiny issue - budget constraints. Many couples will decide to skimp on an officiant, but believe me, Bethel is completely worth it and more. Looking back, we're glad we decided to forego our budget, go with our guts, and asked her to officiate our wedding. It was one of the best decisions we made. Unlike other officiants, Bethel took extra time to get to know us as a couple. She provided plenty of resources, not only for the ceremony but also for the tedious name change process. This helped us a lot since we were not familiar on how ceremonies are structured nor did we know what options are available to us. I also tend to have A LOT of questions and Bethel was very prompt and patient with answering all of them. At the end of the whole process, our ceremony could not have been more perfect, many thanks to Bethel. It was completely customized and personal. We've received so many compliments and inquiries from our guests on how we found her. They said that she was amazing, kept everyone's attention all throughout the ceremony, and beautifully embodied our personalities and who we are as a couple in the ceremony. And that's not all... I was able to complete my legal name change within 3 weeks of getting married, because the info she provided gave me a huge head start. Ladies, if this task seems daunting to you, Bethel is a Godsend and a great resource. We can't thank her enough for everything she has done for us.. for making this process a fun experience and a walk in the park, but most of all, for making our ceremony a unique, memorable, and heartfelt experience. We are truly, forever grateful.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Katie

We are so happy we contacted Jason to officiate our wedding! He provided so much guidance and support for us from the moment we asked him to to be our Officiant. He made sure we got our marriage license in a timely manner and sent reminders for all the other important ceremony... Read More items that one might forget about in the chaos of wedding planning. He was completely understanding and flexible when we decided to change up our vows at the last minute. The "homework" was actually fun and the way Jason put it all together for our ceremony was just beautiful. We feel so honored that he was the first to announce us as husband and wife. We highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Paul T

Bethel was a delight to work with! From the beginning, she was very responsive, organized, and thorough. Bethel really took the time to get to know us personally. She went out of her way to make sure that our ceremony included all the elements we wanted and that we were 100%... Read More happy with it. We knew we wanted something customized and special to us but we didn’t know exactly what to do. Bethel gave us a ton of ideas to choose from for our vows, exchange of rings, readings, etc. and that was extremely helpful to us. On our actual wedding day, Bethel really made the ceremony special. We got tons of compliments from family and friends on how great of a job she did and how they really felt the ceremony was very personal. We could not recommend Bethel more and hope that you are lucky enough to have her as your officiant!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Kristyn L

I could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony if I tried. Jason integrated our love story along with elements of a traditional ceremony and from what I heard from our guests, there wasn't a dry eye there! I appreciated how Jason gave us a few "homework" assignments which he... Read More then used to share with our guests. We met with Jason once at Starbucks and then communicated with him via email from there. The whole process was very easy. No need to look any further for an officiant. What a gift Jason has to create such a beautiful and meaningful ceremony.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Nicole L

Bethel is the BEST!! She is so helpful and responded quickly to all our emails. She goes through the entire process step by step and made it super easy for us. She personalized the whole ceremony to our relationship. She set the tone for our ceremony with her wonderful... Read More presence. We received multiple compliments from our guests after the wedding. Our friend who is an officiant, attended our wedding as a guest, and he loved Bethel.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Erica G

Bethel is the best choice for an officiant there is! My wife and I recently got married on July 3rd, 2017. We searched reviews on WeddingWire, The Knot, and Yelp, came across Bethel and was immediately drawn in by her stellar reviews and her ability to integrate Japanese into... Read More our ceremony. Bethel was willing to Skype with us since we were on opposite sides of the U.S. She made us feel very at ease and explained her whole process. It was very important for her to be invested in us and our wedding day ceremony. We knew Bethel was the one for us before we even hung up. Bethel walked us through her planning process step by step and was very detail oriented. Bethel was in constant communication with us and gave us homework to create the perfect ceremony. While we had ideas of things we wanted in our wedding, Bethel provided countless suggestions of other things that we could add. In addition, the majority of our homework was assigned individually so our answers would be a surprise to each other on the day of the wedding! Bethel made our day amazing and I do not believe anyone else could've brought the level of perfection that she does! Hearing Bethel read what my wife wrote about me, how she fell in love with me, and the look on my wife's face as Bethel read my thoughts about her was priceless. It felt like Bethel had known us for years and that a close friend was marrying us. Hearing her integrate Japanese into the ceremony and seeing the reactions on the faces of my wife's relatives brought a whole new personal level to the ceremony that involved everyone regardless of language barriers. Bethel is the officiant you need on your wedding day. Without her, it will be just another wedding.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Johnny P

There is no guidebook for how to pick your officiant for your wedding. With all the other 1,000 tasks that you have to complete when planning your wedding, this could potentially be another stressful activity. But then you find Bethel Nathan... I knew I wanted our ceremony to... Read More be something special, not just the normal run of the mill traditional, boring 30 minute service. I found Bethel on Yelp and was immediately attracted to the glowing reviews she received. I emailed her and we set up our first meeting over coffee at Starbuck's. It was very informal and casual; Bethel explained it as a time to see if she was a good fit for us. There was nothing salesy about it at all! Within minutes my wife and I knew that Bethel was the one for us. The planning process was so detailed and meticulous. Bethel was in constant communication with us and gave us "homework" to create the perfect ceremony. While we had ideas of some things we wanted in our wedding, Bethel provided countless suggestions of other things that we could add. In addition, the majority of our homework was done individually and was not to be shared with our spouse. It would be a surprise at the wedding! What Bethel created for our wedding day was nothing short of magical! Hearing Bethel read what my wife wrote about me, her impression of when we first met and how she fell in love with me brought me to tears. Likewise, seeing the look on my wife's face as Bethel read my heartfelt thoughts about her was priceless. The ceremony had great flow, engaged the audience, and truly came from the heart. I feel the best part was hearing our guests’ reactions after the wedding. We have had numerous people come up to us and say how this was the best wedding they have ever been to! They describe how Bethel's approach was organic, well crafted, and genuinely showed the love between my wife and I. You honestly couldn't ask for anything more! We wholeheartedly recommend Bethel for your wedding! If you would like a ceremony that is down to earth, genuine, and truly illustrates the relationship between you and your fiance, then look no further. Bethel will take care of the rest!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017

Bethel is one AMAZING Officiant, as well as an overall individual. She was incredible during the entire process from the day we met, to getting us working on our Homework that we had to the day of the wedding. She took care of myself and my fiance as though we were family to... Read More her. I love how involved she is and how she speaks to everyone during the wedding. You can really feel the love she has for what she does and the love she just has for the two that are getting married. I cannot thank YOU enough Bethel for all you did.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Ryan G

There is not a possible way for me to review Bethel and her services without slipping into what will seem like highly exaggerated hyperbole. It's like reviewing one of your favorite family members. Her dedication to our relationship, to our event, and to the months leading up... Read More to it are astounding. She initially met with us in our neighborhood for coffee, to discuss the flow of her process, to get to know us and to generally connect. What followed was some of the most thoughtful narrowing down of ceremony elements as well as introspective homework that helped her learn more about us, and helped us learn more about ourselves and each other. Her communication skills are unparalleled and her warmth and joy is radiant and infectious. She helped keep us each present during the ceremony and in those precious moments that immediately follow (before being swallowed up by the party). All of our guest commented for weeks after the event that they were on a "high" from how moved they were by the ceremony. Authenticity is this woman's bread and butter. We have a trusted friend for life and we feel honored that she shared her loving skills for one of the most profound moments of our lives.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Wei C

Bethel was the officiant in our wedding on 07/15/2017. Thank you so much for making our ceremony extremely special. There were many relatives and friends who came up to us after the ceremony and even days afterwards, to tell us how amazing, touching and personal the ceremony... Read More was, to ask who the officiant is and where I found her. We enjoyed the ceremony a lot because it is unique to us, it tells who we are, it tells how we knot our love together. We also enjoyed the "homework" she assigned us before the wedding. Those questions reminded us how we built our relationship and why he or she is Mr. or Mrs. Right. I would highly recommended Bethel to the other couples. Bethel will give you an incredible wedding ceremony.

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Christina C

Bethel is AMAZING!!! Seriously stop looking if you are getting married in the San Diego area. We had last minute jitters and questions and Bethel was right there supporting us the whole way. She takes the time to get to know you and your future spouse and it's like she's known... Read More you forever. Our ceremony was so intimate and personal and we have Bethel to thank for that!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Shanna R

Bethel Nathan is the very BEST!!! If you are looking for someone who will take her time to make your ceremony personal to only you, you must chose Bethel! Bethel not only listens to your wants and desires for your ceremony, she finds little details to make it special for the... Read More two of you because she LISTENS and really tries to get to know her couples. She seems to truly love what she does and brings a calm, reassuring energy to your day as well as an upbeat, happy one. Bethel wiped away any added stress to our ceremony by sending us step-by-step instructions, so we knew what to expect next…everything from where and how to obtain a marriage license to the filing of it and everything in between. She even sends last minute reminders for the actual wedding day! It’s no wonder so many rave about her! You will be thrilled you chose her to officiate your ceremony. We are STILL smiling after the wonderful day she gave us and we feel like we’ve gained a new family member! Shanna and Michele

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Corey v

Bethel was an amazing officiant. She went above and beyond and helped us through the whole process for our wedding ceremony. We will never forget her, and we were getting compliments all night during the wedding about her service. She helped us write our vows and guided us in... Read More ways that we will always be grateful for. It was a pleasure to meet her and she was the perfect fit for us! I would recommend her to everyone!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Dana S

Bethel is beyond fabulous! She got to know my husband and I so well! She told wonderful stories about us during our ceremony! It was so special. All of our guests complimented Bethel and talked about how special our ceremony was. We love you Bethel! Thank you.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Meghan S

My (now) husband and I were a little nervous about what we should do as far as looking for an officiant. We didn’t have anybody close to us that we really wanted to ask to officiate, but we also were afraid that if we chose someone we didn’t know personally, that the ceremony... Read More would end up being just that – impersonal. Enter Bethel. From the very first Skype meeting (we live on the East Coast), we felt like we had known her for much longer than just a conversation! She was truly committed to making our ceremony personal and reflective of us as a couple. She had us fill out questions independently from one another that she weaved into the ceremony and this was SUCH a special component for us – both heartwarming and funny at times – our ceremony felt more personal than some of the weddings we’ve been to officiated by family members! She had our guests both laughing and crying (us as well). I can’t count the amount of guests that approached us after the ceremony telling us that it was the most meaningful wedding ceremony they’ve ever witnessed and that they really felt they knew our relationship even better afterwards. Not only that, but Bethel makes sure all of the paperwork is filled out just right and she mailed us everything that we would need to submit for our marriage certificate. She also sent us a printed out copy of our ceremony which was so special for us to revisit together and we will cherish it forever. We feel so incredibly lucky to have found Bethel as she made the most important part of our wedding more special than we could’ve imagined!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Miranda M

Words cannot express what an amazing job Bethel did officiating our wedding in May 2017. We went into our wedding with a no-friends vendor policy, and because we wanted a secular ceremony that was still meaningful - this left us more than a little stumped and overwhelmed about... Read More who to hire / what to do. Luckily our site coordinator recommended Bethel as the absolute “best” there is - and wow, we were so lucky to find her! From start to finish, the process was wonderful. Bethel helped us every step of the way with tons of ideas and encouragement. We had “homework” to work on that was due at several different intervals before the day of, and it was honestly our favorite part of the whole planning process. She really encourages you to take a step back and focus on the WHY of your marriage (a great and much needed reminder of why you are planning the crazy wedding in the first place). She also made it a point after the ceremony for us to really take it all in and enjoy the moment - before getting swept up in the whirlwind of the rest of the night. It was much needed and set the tone wonderfully for the rest of the night. And of course the ceremony itself was SO beautiful. So many of our family and friends were moved to tears, but it also had its light hearted and funny moments to balance it out. Looking back on the day it is the small moments during the ceremony I find myself remembering the most and smiling. It truly was magical and I cannot recommend Bethel enough for the gifts that she gave us.

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Corine M

Bethel was incredible to work with! She was very responsive and full of ideas to help make our ceremony meaningful for us and representative of who we are. We loved the ceremony that she helped us to create and her enthusiasm was infectious!

2017-03-03T00:05:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! I absolutely loved working with you two and helping you make the ceremony worthy of what you share, and I appreciate hearing this more than you know. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Grace T

Bethel and I met at a wedding expo and I knew we had to have her as our officiant right off the bat! She has an easy going way about her and I knew I would need someone like her for the ceremony since I figured my groom and I might be a tad nervous for the Big Day! The best part... Read More about working with her is she guided us through the process of vow writing and gave us LOTS of options on how to do our vows and ceremony. She is incredibly knowledgeable about traditional and some not-so-common ceremonies people can do. We chose to do a ribbon cutting ceremony where we could include some of our best friends to be participants since we chose not to have groomsmen and bridesmaids. Bethel, thank you for all your great work and we hope to refer you lots of happy couples to wed in the future!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jen C

It was love at first sight with Bethel! My now husband and I attended the Bridal Bazaar in September of 2015, two weeks after we got engaged. We had no idea what we were looking for or how to even begin to pick an officiant. Enter Bethel. She is so warm, kind, and... Read More compassionate. She radiates love and you can tell how much she cares for all of the couples that she works with. She is also "open to all" which is something that my husband and I really factored into our decision. My husband and I both knew by the time we left the Bridal Bazaar that afternoon that Bethel absolutely was going to be a part of our special day. We were married October 7th, 2016. Our guests are still raving about our ceremony and how incredible it was. One of my favorite comments from a guest was, "It was so neat to watch you both interact with Bethel during the ceremony. The three of you just all looked so comfortable with each other and you could tell that there was special connection between all of you." Bethel really spends a lot of time getting to know the couple she is working with and it shows in every aspect. The homework assignments are thought provoking in the best kind of way and she uses the information to tell your story in the ceremony. She has so many fun and creative ideas and will speak in great length with you about different variations to make certain aspects of the ceremony unique so it suits you as a couple. She was so responsive to anything and everything that we asked and needed throughout the entire process, which was amazing. I never had to worry about anything that was in Bethel's hands. Seriously, there are no words to describe how much I love and adore this woman. She is incredible and I would highly recommend her to any of my friends and family looking for an officiant in the future!

2017-02-18T17:34:13 Response from the vendor

I so adore you right on back! It was so much fun getting to celebrate what you and Ryan so clearly share, and in such a way that was totally you! And I am honored that I was able to take some of the worry... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Mindy B

Bethel is the best! We loved how she was able to make our ceremony so personal and unique. Our guests were raving about her and the way our love story was captured. From our first meeting until the wedding was over, Bethel was enthusiastic and full of helpful information. She’s... Read More a pro in every way! We also loved her modern approach and inclusiveness. We really wish that everyone could experience a Bethel wedding.

Bethel Nathan

how do you get from wall street to wedding ceremonies? After walking away from a successful Wall Street career, and running her family's small business, Bethel decided to create something around her own passion - officiating weddings for fun and non-traditional/non-religious couples. After officiating a handful for family and friends, she knew that this was something she loved doing. So in May 2009, she launched full time, and has now celebrated more than 650 couples! With a background both in business and in public speaking, and a joy for celebrating great couples, this is a natural fit!