Ceremonies for Sacred Days

Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim

Ceremony, Wedding

5843 Fremont Street, Emeryville, CA Serving Greater Bay Area (510) 594-1585

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Marie P

Shyamala is amazing! Having Shaymala officiant our ceremony was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. We had so many of guests come up to us after the wedding to say how impressed they were with our officiant and our ceremony. They all said they... Read More had been to millions of weddings before, but what she did was special and genuine. My husband and I could not agree more! My husband and I felt very comfortable with Shyamala from our first meeting and really liked the ideas she presented to us. We liked that she had so many options for rituals and readings to help get us in the direction we wanted. She is a professional, who is easy to work with, and actually listens to what you want.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Lauren M

Shyamala made our wedding ceremony incredibly special! The expertise she brought to her trade made us feel comfortable from the very first conversation. We shared deeper, more meaningful things about our relationship than we had with any other officiant we interviewed, because... Read More she asked "the right" questions. This was extremely important, as we were really struggling with whether to hire a professional or to ask a family member/friend who knew us more intimately. Through her thoughtful questioning, Shymala got to know the two of us and our story. She is genuine and kind and it's clear that she enjoys her work. We received multiple compliments about the intentional words used in our ceremony, which we built with the guidance of Shyamala. We also appreciated that she respected our wishes to remain secular and incorporate our personal statements to one other. Everything Shymala did to help us prepare for our big day and her authentic delivery of those words made it what it was - memorable and uniquely tailored to the two of us.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Celena P

Shyamala married my husband and I in June, 2016. It was our dream wedding created by our very conversations with Shyamala, she listened to what we wanted with her full attention. She heard what our words and heart said and with great ease and skill she helped us to create just... Read More that..our dream wedding! We are forever grateful to her. Anyone who is married by her or does a ceremony with her is extremely fortunate. You will find no one with a greater heart and gracious wisdom.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Laura L

Shyamala has transformed our Special Day into The Most Blessed and Unforgettable moment in our lives. Despite the short notice, she was able to offer the sweetest and most amazing ideas that left, not only ourselves, but all guests SO Inspired at our wedding! She brought in a... Read More great sense of ease during the process that was felt throughout the ceremony. Shyamala is so resourceful! She has experience and knowledge of spiritual traditions that speak universally to all religions or beliefs. She is a wonderful listener and was able to extract from us what we really wished to experience in our wedding. I recommend her highly, and cannot think of a better way to get married if one wants a ceremony that reflects who they are, while being held by Shyamala's wonderful presence and energy and her Love.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Jessica F

Shyamala was great to work with from the very beginning! Her personality is warm, inviting, and she was exactly what we were looking for in an officiant. She was so flexible with our schedules and was even willing to do all of our meetings via Skype. Our ceremony was exactly... Read More what we asked for. Beautiful and simple, but with a lot of personality! We even asked her to add in a few humorous lines here and there because we like to laugh. She was also super flexible when we asked to make changes or add/remove things from the drafts. I would highly recommend hiring Shyamala for any special occasion.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Omi M

Both being rather shy people, my (now)husband and I were uncertain of what our ceremony would look like. We were nervous about standing in front of people, and weren't even sure what 'rituals' we wanted to do. With Shyamala, we needn't have worried at all! She made us feel so at... Read More ease, meeting with us multiple times over coffee, which really felt like lovely chats with a dear friend! She asked illuminating questions, learned about our history as a couple and helped us zero in on what we valued about having a wedding. She offered suggestions of readings and options of rituals that other couples had done, and always always reminded us that we could make anything our own - do the ceremony in our own way. And we did. With Shyamala's support, we had a beautiful ceremony that represented us as individuals, payed homage to our shared culture, and invited family participation in a simple but meaningful way. It was an incredible ceremony that felt true-to-us, transcendent and intimate. Everything was perfect and we have Shyamala to thank!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kevin D

Shyamala provided an amazing spiritual ceremony that all our guests thoughts was perfectly fit who we were. She was definitely helped us kick off our wedding on the right note and was an important part of the special day.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Sarah D

Warm, genuine and thoughtful. After meeting Shayamala at her home for tea and cookies the first time, she assured us that we would create a beautiful ceremony together. She listened and asked all the right questions to truly evoke the essence of who we are as both individuals... Read More and now as a couple. The ceremony was well beyond what we could have asked for. It was personal, humorous, romantic and honoring. She really saw us. We highly recommend inviting Shayamala to officiate your wedding. As a second review: If there was anyone in the crowd that would have told me otherwise, it would have been my grandmother. She still talks about what a beautiful ceremony it was, and there were plenty others who were complimenting Shayamala throughout the day. We are so grateful. Thank you Shayamala for the perfect memories on our perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Rick B

Shyamala officiated over our small wedding ceremony and did a wonderful job. Before the wedding, she worked with us by phone and email to understand what we wanted and to learn a little about us. The day of the ceremony she met us at a park and we walked to a Redwood grove... Read More we'd selected in advance. She had composed a lovely ceremony that was personalized, and reflected the unique location we'd chosen. After the ceremony, she provided a printed copy for us to keep. She was patient and encouraging throughout the process, and respected and met our wishes precisely.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Anna B

She was amazing. My husband and I did a destination wedding. We are from Colorado and our wedding was in San Francisco. When we got there, it was too chilly to have it at our original spot. She was not only flexible in changing the venue, she gave us the opportunity to change... Read More the day and time of the ceremony and provided several venue options to look at. We had a beautiful ceremony Shakespeare gardens. A place we out of towners never would have thought about.. Not only did she marry us on 4th of July weekend, it was also her birthday. So awesome!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Andrea H

Shyamala gave me and my husband a beautiful and spiritual ceremony. I knew from the first time I had talked to her on the phone that she would put together something really special for us. She is very kind hearted and sweet, but also professional at the same time. She asked us... Read More all the right questions and tailored the ceremony to our needs. I really felt like our ceremony was one of a kind and not just another cookie cutter wedding! After our first telephone conversation we set up a Skype date so that she could get to know both me and my husband and that worked out perfect for mine and his busy schedules. She also was very good with emailing us back and forth when we needed her and gave us a full draft of how it would all happen on the day of. We had never met face to face and we never rehearsed the ceremony but it all went so smooth on our wedding day I couldn't have been any happier! She even had my family raving about how wonderful and unique our ceremony was. Thank you again Shyamala for bringing me and my husband together as one on our very special day!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Lexie B

Shyamala officiated our wedding at the Log Cabin the Presidio six weeks ago (August 2016.) We're so thrilled we found her! She is so warm, personable, and professional, and she is brilliant at what she does. We met with her via Skype, and had two very lovely initial... Read More conversations. We didn't think we had "a story" per se, but she turned our disjointed ramblings about how me met and our eleven years of adventures into a real story that could be delivered to an all ages crowd. She had lots of wonderful suggestions of rituals we hadn't heard of, and we chose the ring warming and wine and letter box rituals. She also had us each write a few funny sentences about the other one so that she could work them in and infuse some of our sense of humor and personalities into the ceremony. Shyamala put together a really beautiful ceremony for us. People kept complimenting us on it! It was personal, humorous and sincere. Look no further, Shyamala is everything you could possibly want in a wedding officiant. We can't recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Lori J

We had both been married before, I am 45 and the groom is 52; our kids are gone and it's just the two of us. We found our shared, amazing love later in life and after several years together we wanted to be married. We wanted just a very small, intimate wedding with just the two... Read More of us - and our 3 dogs! On a warm summer morning in our tree-filled yard, Shyamala gently guided us through an incredibly personal, romantic and beautiful ceremony; we were both crying. Nothing is too big or too small for her, she was genuinely kind, engaged, responsive and professional. She is awesome. We highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Ray M

We had both been married before, Lori is 45 and Ray is 52; our kids are gone and it's just the two of us. We found our shared, amazing love later in life and after several years together we wanted to be married. We wanted just a very small, intimate wedding with just the two of... Read More us - and our 3 dogs! On a warm summer morning in our tree-filled yard, Shyamala gently guided us through an incredibly personal, romantic and beautiful ceremony; we were both crying. Nothing is too big or too small for her, she was genuinely kind, engaged, responsive and professional. She is awesome. We highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Meghan B

Shyamala is very warm and welcoming! My husband and I met with her twice in person to go over the ceremony. She invited us into her home and took the time to get to know us. Through our conversations she was able to create a simple ceremony that included our "how we met story"... Read More and a ring warming (we passed out our rings to the guests). Shyamala is very open to various ideas and at times, when we were not quite sure what we wanted, she gave many suggestions and examples from other ceremonies. She always responded quickly to any of our questions and she sent us drafts of the ceremony to approve. Our ceremony was wonderful, easy, and full of love. Thanks Shyamala!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Ben H

Shyamala was the officiant at our wedding, and she was spectacular. When starting to plan our ceremony, we were overwhelmed, but after our first meeting with Shyamala, we were totally at ease. She had great suggestions for how to structure the ceremony, and lots of ideas for how... Read More to personalize it for us. She listened carefully to the story of our relationship and crafted a beautiful ceremony that was unique to us. She also worked closely with us on incorporating some traditions we wanted to add. Overall, it was a wonderful experience, and I can't think of how it could have gone better. I highly recommend you invite Shayamala into your wedding as your officiant. You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016

Shyamala was amazing to work with. She was accommodating to our schedules, using Skype, phone calls, and emails to communicate quickly and clearly throughout the entire process. She helped us narrow down what we wanted from our wedding ceremony; provided us with lots of... Read More information, examples, and feedback to get us started; and crafted an entire ceremony that reflected us as a couple and our outlook on life. Not only did she have our audience laughing and crying, but she expertly rolled with the punches when we flubbed our parts of the script. We appreciate the time and effort she put into our wedding, and despite the fact that we were just one of the weddings she was performing that day, she always made us feel like the center of her attention.

Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jan H

Shyamala provided us such a warm, wonderful wedding ceremony. From the time we first spoke with her, both my husband and I felt so comfortable and cared for. Shyamala helped us to work through all of the ceremony details, learning about us and our story, giving us many ideas to... Read More help spur our own creativity. She was open and encouraging all along the way. We weren't sure how to take our ideas and make them work and flow easily through the ceremony. She had so many great suggestions for us, excellent advice based on her experience, and helped us to develop a beautiful and unique ceremony that felt just right for us. Her fees seemed reasonable to us for our custom ceremony. She met with us for about an hour, then we exchanged emails as we refined the ceremony. We highly recommend Shyamala as a caring guide and officiant. She's a special person doing what she clearly loves.

Amazing Ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Mylee N

It is my utmost pleasure and honor to review Shyamala's officiant services for our very special day. Shyamala was able to effortlessly orchestrate an amazing personalized ceremony for our recent nuptials. I've been to many weddings and ceremonies are usually vanilla at best.... Read More After just two short visits with Shyamala, she was able to brew up the perfect service for us, seamlessly integrating all that we touched upon and much more. Many of our guests, including our parents, commented that the ceremony was the most touching and emotional they'd ever witnessed, and were truly appreciative of Shyamala's ability to engage the entire audience; "an international village" she noted during the ceremony. You made our day that much more special. Words cannot describe how grateful we are to have met you, but we do hope a simple thank you will suffice. Thank you Shyamala - a beautiful ceremony performed by a beautiful person!

Personalized perfection

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Erin K

When my fiance and I first started planning our wedding, we were pretty overwhelmed with everything and had no idea where to start when it came to finding an officiant. We met Shyamala at the East Bay Regional Parks wedding fair in Berkeley, and right away knew that she would be... Read More a good fit for us. She invited us to her home for an initial consultation where she asked thoughtful questions and really got to know us. A few months later, we met over Skype and she went over a few more details before sending over a draft of the ceremony. Shyamala crafted a beautiful story that incorporated the essence of us as a couple. There were so many small details that made the ceremony so special, including a nod to how we met as well as old traditions. Our family and friends were also impressed with how the ceremony unfolded. We couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out! Thank you Shyamala!

Personal and Perfect

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Let me start off by saying that this is not a fake review! This is 100% true and from the heart. On Thursday October 15 I married my husband in California. Shyamala was our officiant and has been a major part in our journey for about a year before the wedding. We found her... Read More online, which alway carries its own worries. However, after our initial emails and skype sessions we quickly realised that this was a warm and kind hearted woman. She has an ability to make you feel comfortable and relaxed and she finds aspects of yourself and your partner, that you never knew existed. She asked many great questions in order to get to know us better and from that she was able to draft s ceremony that was so personal and emotional. We had various rituals and readings to incorporate into the ceremony and she managed to do this with such ease. Not only did the ceremony mean something to us, but it managed to incorporate the guests as well. We have only had positive feedback about the ceremony itself and Shyamala. Shyamala has a gift, and I hope many more lucky couples get to experience this gift themselves. We could not have asked for more. We are truly lucky that we found her out of so many, and we cannot thank her enough for all she has done.

It was just beautiful

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kavitha A

What can I say about Shyamala, she was just perfect. My husband is Portuguese and I am Indian. We decided to go with western way of marriage cermony but she helped us to bring both our culture together in a very unique way. It was a very unique blend. She conducted the cermony... Read More so beautifully that everyone of our guest felt so welcomed and warm. I would strongly recommend her. She is the best!! Very detail oriented and very meticulous.

Simply Magical

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

If you are looking for someone to work with you to make sure your ceremony is a reflection of your love and relationship, you could not do better than Sacred Days. Shyamala is a true delight to work with. We ended up going with her standard ceremony instead of her... Read More personalized ceremony, but even so, her care, attention to detail, and presence at our ceremony was above and beyond - I cried nearly the whole way through.

Wonderful Officiant! Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Ms. Littlefield was a delight to work with. She spent considerable time with us, prior to our deciding that she would be a great choice to help us write our Wedding Ceremony. She got to know us, what was important to us, and our life paths until the time my husband and I first... Read More met. She helped us write a very personal and meaningful wedding ceremony, and it will be something we always cherish. She can help you design a brief ceremony, or a more lengthy one. She can include all the things you wish (from pets to children to friends/family) and make the Ceremony very unique and special. She is calm, low-key, and flexible, and didn't let a microphone glitch at the Ceremony faze her in any way. I give her the highest possible rating and am certain you will be delighted with her, both as a warm, caring person and as a Wedding Officiant. Sandy wedding date 10/18/15

Professional, Caring, Articulate

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Heather Z

Shyamala is non-denominational but spiritual. She cares to get to know you prior and orchestrates a phenomenal ceremony listening to your preferences.