Chapel Ridge

Guest Capacity

3640 NE Ralph Powel Rd, Lee Summit, MO

Great Reception Site

Reviewed on 6/05/2012 Heather L

The girls are wonderful help and very sweet! Great price and good service

Reviewed on 4/12/2012 Chaka G

I loved it. I didn't have any issues with the location. and the space was clean and organized too.

Great venue

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Jonell W

Overall my wedding and reception was fantastic at Chapel Ridge. The room worked well for us and the catering kitchen and bar were great. We rented our table linens from them and loved that the tables were set up with linens on them when we arrived (one less thing to take care... Read More of). The bartender was great with helping us clean up afterward as well. We were very pleased that they allowed us in the facility the night before since it was not already booked. This allowed us to have our rehersal on site and gave us plenty of time to decorate. We were slightly disappointed with Mallory in the since that she told us she would be there for the event in case there were any issues and she was not. The parking lot and exterior lights were on a timer and we could not figure out how to turn them on. They popped on automatically at 8:00, however it was dark at 7:00. Overall, this is a great location and we would use again and recommend to others. Be careful on number of guests allowed. I would not recommend this for parties larger than 200. It was perfect for our number of 165, but think it would be too crowded for anything larger than 200.

Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2011 Nicole Q

We booked this venue for our reception March 2010. Our wedding wasn't until June 2011 so after we booked we didn't have contact for a bit. When we called to start getting things in order we were told the event coordinator we booked with was no longer there. We were worried that... Read More the contract we signed wouldn't hold but the new coordinator, Mallory, was really nice and worked with us and almost everything stayed the same. The things that changed weren't a major deal. Mallory even helped us set up some of our reception. We had a little under 250 guests but it didn't seem too crowded. I couldn't have asked for a better reception or reception venue!

Happy Bride/Groom!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2011 Lacey B

When we originally rented the facility we dealt with a different coordinator who handled all of our questions/needs. So 7 months later when we called to speak to him and check on when we should meet up again. We found out that he no longer worked there so we were apprehensive... Read More as to whether our original contract would be honored. The new coordinator Mallory was so excellent and handled our jitters perfectly. She also made the transition to dealing with a new person much smoother than we were anticipating. Mallory was always quick to get back with us on questions and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The facility easily fit our 120 guests and could have fit a lot more. The tables and chairs we rented from them were sturdy and the chairs were cushioned and clean. The facility was clean even down to the bathrooms. The free use of there microphone and lighted decoritive planted trees inside was an added bonus that we used. We were also very surprised when we originally rented the facility that they offered a student discount of 25% OFF which saved us over $400 dollars and they offered it w/out us even asking about it. The outdoor patio made for a nice place for smokers and there was an abundance of parking. Another awesome bonus that really has nothing to do with the facility but makes it so much easier for your guests. There is a Comfort Inn literally right across the street from them. The bridal party including us stayed there the night before the wedding and several of our out of town guests stayed there the night of. I honestly have nothing negative to say and would recommend that any bride/groom take a serious look at this one!!

Nice Facility

Reviewed on 10/22/2011 Haley B

This is a nice facility, lots of windows, very open. It has a great wrap around deck and tons of parking. We had a casual wedding reception there after a destination wedding and it was perfect. Plenty of room for guests, food, cake, bar and dancing. The customer service is... Read More excellent also. Mallory was a pleasure to work with and made me feel very at ease and confident. Definitely give it a look!

Loved everything!

Reviewed on 10/22/2011 Angelique F

I had my wedding reception at Chapel Ridge, and I absolutely loved them! They were great about everything! There was some minor confusion around the 6 month mark before the wedding, due to the facility coordinator changing a couple of times, and the contract being updated at the... Read More beginning of the year. But it did get resolved painlessly and to my satisfaction. The hall itself is absolutely gorgeous, it works well for both large groups and small ones. Throughout my planning I saw the room set up for an event for around 170 people, and it didn't seem cramped or overwhelmed. I had around 30 guests myself, but the room didn't feel too large for such a small crowd. Everything is customizable based on what tables they have available, and they set up and put away all the tables and chairs (and linens if you rent from them). I found them to be extremely flexible and great to work with. Me and my husband chose to get married on a Sunday so we could take advantage of their off-day rates (about 1/4 of the Friday or Saturday price), but we both agreed that the hall was amazing and would have been worth paying the full price if it had been within our budget. I totally recommend Chapel Ridge to anybody.

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Katie H

I was very impressed with everything Chapel Ridge had to offer and the staff was fantastic! They worked with us on every detail and I could tell they genuinely wanted us to have the event we wanted. I would recommend to any and all who are looking for Reception venues.

Customer Service Excellence

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Kelly O

Sooooo easy to work with! What a joy!!!

Reception Venue

Reviewed on 7/21/2011 Amanda S

When we rented Chapel Ridge, the manager in charge of rentals was fantastic, he completely put us at ease. When I called two weeks before our wedding, a woman named Mallary Gregorson answered and told me she was the owner...which she turned out not to be. When I asked her when... Read More we could meet to set up final details, she said she could only do daytime appointments because she took classes at night. I ended up telling her that I was a paying customer and that she as the manager needed to accomodate mine and my fiance's schedules. She ended up finding a time very quickly which worked for both of us. At the final details meeting, she told me she could get whatever color tablecloths that I wanted, which I found out a week later was not true and she took the liberty of changing the color for me... without asking. 3 days before our wedding I get an email (not even a phone call) stating that we would not be able to get in to decorate until 10am on the day of the wedding (which we had already discussed at the time of our final meeting would be 8 am because our hair appointments started at 10am). She did end up letting us into the hall at 8 am, but it was only after two emails back and one phone call from me. She was not at the event itself at all and I had no way to reach her if anything went wrong throughout the night. All in all I think the venue is beautiful and a good price, but the management is severely lacking professionalism and hospitatlity.

2011-11-03T14:44:59 Response from Chapel Ridge, the member

Amanda, We apologize that you weren't completely satisfied with our venue. I wish you would have told us so we could have worked someething out. I do want to clear a few things up that may have been a misunderstanding: I don't recall saying I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/20/2011 Sherry P

Chapel Ridge and its employees made our reception a night to remember. The manager, Mallory, went above and beyond that night. I would highly recommend Chapel Ridge to anyone.

Chapel Ridge Banquet Center

Reviewed on 5/30/2011 Melissa S

Chapel Ridge was AMAZING! It really was the perfect venue. It was beautiful, clean, conveniently located, and just lovely! It had a beautiful space out back where we had our ceremony and then we used the inside of the facility for our reception! There was no extra charge to... Read More use the outside for our ceremony! Inside the facility comfortably fit 200 people, a dance floor, and a buffet style dinner. It was also nice that they had their own bar so we did not have to worry about finding our own alcohol or bar tender, it was all done for us! Also, it is very conveniently located right across the street from a hotel, which was great for out of town guests (and even some local guests who didn't want to have to worry about driving home)! Finally, the manager (Mallory) was so nice and wonderful to work with! We loved everything about Chapel Ridge and feel so lucky we found this location!

Reception Venue

Reviewed on 11/11/2010 Julia H

It was fair. Definitely too small for 240. Bar service was bad. Our wedding started at 2 and we couldn't decorate until 9AM the day of. I wouldn't recommend it.

Wedding day bliss

Reviewed on 10/14/2010 Jenifer P

I loved this place. The price was great and everything looked really nice. Kevin does a great job at working with your schedule and bending over backwards for you.

TO Chapel Ridge