Charleton Churchill Photography

SF, Napa, Northern California

Couture, documentary, candid, fun, elegant,

Charleton not only delivers extraordinary photography with the highest ratings and reviews from couples, but he's also personable, a good listener, paying attention to detail and your needs. His passion is documenting the one day of your life you'll want to remember with style and fun.

Napa, CA
SF, Napa, Northern California

Charleton is all around amazing!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Katie H

Charleton and his two assistants photographed our July wedding and we could not have been happier. They went above and beyond to capture every important detail of the day. I didn't want the 'cookie-cutter' wedding shots and neither does Charleton! His photos honestly speak for... Read More themselves. I even had guests of the wedding tell me afterwards how much they loved Charleton and that they couldn't wait to see the photos! My husband isn't the type of guy that likes to get photographed for ten hours straight (who does to be honest!) but Charleton and his crew make it fun, relaxing and stress free for everyone. I have so many breathtaking and unique wedding photos that I am going crazy trying to narrow them down to just 50 for our album! If I had to do it all over, without a doubt I would book Charleton Churchill again. Best. Photographer. Ever.

Absolutely amazing!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Kristy L

Charleton and his team are truly the best. He is so easy to work with and captured every photo we wanted. Charleton's talent for high fashion, modern wedding photography is unbelievable. His attention to detail and ability to capture it was truly unreal. Charleton did test... Read More shots the morning before our wedding to ensure he knew the best angles and lighting. Charleton allowed us to be ourselves while encouraging our creative sides. Charleton and his team blended so well into the wedding, that it felt like one of our close family members was photographing the day. Charleton is extremely personable and talented. The entire process was seamless and flawless. We can't thank Charleton enough.

An artist without equal

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Eleni A

My wife and I had the sincere honor of working with Charleton for our engagement and wedding photography. We'd previously met him (and loved him) when he photographed by wife's sister's wedding. He is everything we could have ever wanted in a wedding photographer. He's a... Read More wonderful, kind, funny, and thoughtful person with a tremendous romantic streak. He's an artist who is phenomenally dedicated to his craft. He's a brilliant photographer, with skills to suit any wedding. Our several experiences with him have been delightful, through and through. My wife and I learned to trust his eye and his instincts, and we have been blown away by his work every single time we've met with him. Even watching him work is a pleasure; you can tell that he loves what he does. He puts so much of himself into his work. Talk to him. Trust him. You'll be more than happy you did.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Charleton is far superior to any other wedding photographer out there. The quality of his photos are simply amazing, his eye for creativity is stunning, and his adventure like attitude towards getting the right shot is like something i've never see before. As a Graphic... Read More Designer myself, I have worked very closely with many photographers throughout my career but not many can convey the feeling and emotions Charleton's photos seem to capture. As a couple we searched though countless portfolios but once we came across Charleton's work we knew we found the guy for the job. Charlton is consistently more expensive then most of his competition but you get what you pay for. With that said quality especially on my wedding day was not something we were willing to compromise. Thank You Charlton, your work is simply amazing :) Gary & Adriana

Best photographer!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Tahnee A

Charleton And I had worked together before my wedding even became a thought. He was amazing at making me and my husband to be feel comfortable at a mock wedding photoshoot we did. When it came time do our own real engagement and wedding photos, I didn't think of anyone else!... Read More The day of the wedding went smoothly, him and his amazing crew were waiting for us when we got there, scoping out good spots for pictures, making sure those important to photos looked good and behaved themselves. Couldn't ask for a better photographer!

Awesome photographer

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Neera C

Charleton and team are unsurpassed the best in NorCal. High quality photos which turned out stunning - we continue to get loads of compliments of how our pictures turned out! Highly recommend!!!

Brilliant, passionate, and fun

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 A

Charleton is so down to earth and easy going. When we were a little behind schedule, he wasn't pushing to get going. He made us feel so comfortable. My husband is not one for pictures and by the end of our 2 days of shooting he was asking about adventure modeling. Being apart of... Read More his creative process was such a joy. Watching him come alive in the trees and rock was such a privilege. Don't put him in a box. Let him explore and you'll be amazed at what he will produce. There aren't words to describe the care Charleton has for his work and his couples. I feel so blessed to have him document our wedding day! Brides, if you're scared to get your wedding dress dirty, don't wear it- it's inevitable. You can get some seriously amazing photos if you go off the beaten path with Charleton.

Charleton exceeds expectations

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 briana m

Booking Charleton was without a doubt one of the easiest and best decisions that my husband and I made while planning our wedding. His work is outstanding and exceeded all of our also doesn't hurt that he just so happens to be one awesome, well rounded... Read More individual! He made not only myself feel comfortable in front of the camera, but our entire bridal party as well. Both of our families also commended his professionalism. BOOK CHARLETON! We can promise you that he will make all your wedding photo dreams come true photos!

Reviewed on 12/22/2014 Nicole H

Charleton is the most amazing, talented, and creative photographer. Plus, he is laid back and makes you feel comfortable. The quality of his work is exceptional.My pictures are like something from a magazine and I couldn't be more happy. His assistant photographers are amazing... Read More too! Ariel went above and beyond photography when she helped my mom do my bustle & tape the bridesmaids boobs in their dresses so they wouldn't have to keep pulling them up! Definitely worth the $$. :)

Captures Moments... Not just pictures

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Mitch C

My wife and I recently got married at the Ritz Carlton up in Lake Tahoe and chose to have Charleton as our photographer. Our wedding had ~40 attendees, and our goal was not to have a traditional wedding, but more of a party. Needless to say, Charleton nailed it and captured the... Read More atmosphere perfectly! The moment we added him as a Friend on Facebook, he sent us a message asking if we were interested in his services. We hadn't even reached out to him... all we did was add him and he reached out to US! Shortly thereafter, he arranged to do a Skype session since he preferred to get to "know us" in person rather than over the phone. The first experience was fantastic! It wasn't just the quality of his work, but he truly made us feel comfortable and like he actually cared about us during the first interaction. It's worth noting here that we planned our wedding while living in Houston, and actually uprooted, changed jobs and moved to Miami in the middle of the planning process, which at times made us somewhat unresponsive to the vendors we were working with. However, throughout the entire process, Charleton was always attentive and responsive, even when we weren't! One of our main goals of our wedding was to not get too wrapped up in the "process" part of it, meaning we wanted low-maintenance vendors who were able to run the show without needing their hand held the whole day. We got exactly that with Charleton. On the day of the wedding, Charleton showed up exactly when he said he would, and was incredibly low-maintenance the entire time. In fact, we discussed after the fact that we hardly knew he was there, but somehow managed to snap over 1000 pictures! After the wedding, Charleton was very proactive in letting us know when our pictures would be done, and even posted some previews on Facebook which both us and our families truly enjoyed. Overall, the experience was better than we ever could have hoped for. If there was an option for a 6th star, that's the rating he would get. Going with any other photographer would be a mistake!

Artistic Photos!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Jennifer B

Charleton was a pleasure to work with. He was professional through and through. He focused all his attention on us, the bride and groom, and really worked with us to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera. We have beautiful photographs that we will be able to look... Read More back on fondly throughout the years. Thank you, Charleton!

Stunning photos, dedicated to perfection

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Megan C

We hired Charleton for our Sonoma winery wedding in August and he was fabulous--best decision ever. While all worthwhile wedding photography can be pricey, his prices were pretty competitive, especially when you consider his skills. Being very specific with shots I wanted, he... Read More delivered exactly what I requested and then some! Our photos are simply stunning, and all of our friends commented specifically on the photography skills. Leading up to the wedding, Charleton was very attentive and I had full confidence going into the wedding day that he would be remarkable. We hired a second photographer as well, which I highly recommend--it gave us more shots and more angles to work with. On the day of the wedding, Charleton and meant BUSINESS. No dilly dallying around, no chit chat--he was there to do a job, and he did it fantastically! We had so many pictures to choose from! Charleton sent us soooo many pictures and we could do whatever we wanted with them, which was nice. Very professional, amazing photographer--highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Tara M

Charleton is absolutely the best. The most important thing for me on my wedding day was amazing pictures and that's exactly what I got! I didn't give him any direction and still got every shot I wanted. You can't go wrong with him as your photographer.

Charleton Churchill Photography

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Michael L

"This doesn't look real..." "Are you kidding me?" "These are AMAZING." "Where did you find this guy?" "O. M. G." These are the things that we typically hear when either my wife or myself show people our wedding pictures. I don't even know where to start with this... Read More review, so I'll just jump in... I have never met a photographer who made being photographed so easy. He was always super encouraging, accommodating, and always willing to go that extra mile (or 1,500 miles) to get that perfect shot. Charleton came out to our destination wedding in Kauai, and I can't imagine another photographer doing a better job, let alone one that was even in the ball park with him. He was super easy to get along with, and never made being photographed feel awkward. His candid photos really captured some amazing moments during our wedding, not only of my bride and I, but of her family and friends. Being in Hawaii, we had some amazing landscapes and scenery to work with, and Charleton captured some of the most amazing photos I've ever seen, the fact that they were our wedding photos not withstanding. If you have a wedding coming up, and want, what I can say without a shadow of a doubt, the most epic wedding pictures imaginable, reach out to Charleton, meet the man, let him show you his work. I guarantee, you'll be blown away, not just by his talent, but by his enthusiasm, positive energy, and the pure joy that he derives from his work. He loves doing what he does and it shines brilliantly through his photos. Truly, I can't say enough good things about him, or the caliber of his work.

Hire Charleton! The memories will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kerry V

We hired Charleton for our wedding in August of 2014 in South Lake Tahoe and could not be happier with our photographs! Charleton and his team did a phenomenal job on capturing every moment of the day. It is not everyday that you have someone capturing your every move and I... Read More felt that I would be uncomfortable. That was not the case! Charleton and his team made my husband and I laugh the whole time and it really showed in the final results. We had a blast! Photos are so important for your wedding- do yourself a favor and hire Charleton!

Outstanding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Madeleine L

My family and I were more than satisfied with Charleton Churchill's work. He photographed our engagement session and also our wedding. He is very sincere, down to earth and kind. He's got a fun personality. He makes the experience of being photographed so comfortable. He's... Read More encouraging and lively. When he is at work taking photos, you get a sense that he really enjoys his job. He won't give up until he has taken the perfect photos. Our engagement session and wedding day, he went above and beyond his duty and expectations to make sure he got all the shots we wanted. He took extra time to make sure they were perfect before he left. Charleton is a true artist and a man of passion. If you're looking for something spectacular, my husband, family, and I highly recommend Charleton Churchill.

Hard to find a better photographer!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Rachel D

Charleton was a delight to work with. I reached out to him via email to inquire about his rates and hit it off with him instantly via email and then when my fiance (now husband) and I talked to him over the phone. To us, venue and photographer were the most important things... Read More about our wedding day (besides, of course, marrying the love of my life). It blew my mind at the genius behind that camera who was thinking 15 shots ahead. My husband and I still marvel at his talent and now regard Charleton as a dear friend. He captures the soul of the couple...even couples who think they aren't "photogenic" or feel awkward in front of the camera look AMAZING, and he makes it so much fun. My husband can attest to this, since he hates to be in front of a camera or the center of attention. On our wedding day, in the frenzy of it all, he helped me to relax and drink in the important moments. He made us look and feel like magazine-quality models. He got both our e-session and wedding photos to us SO quickly (about maybe two months between each shoot). Not only is he an incredibly talented photographer, he is a man of great integrity. I'd give him 10 stars if I could. Seriously worth EVERY penny and more. And I've worked with a lot of wedding vendors being from a background of wedding magazines. Thank you, Charleton!!

Fantastic photographer!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Charleton is a very talented, fun and personable photographer. He helped get us wedding ready by spending extra time getting us comfortable in front of the camera during our engagement session. It really paid off because our engagement and wedding photos turned out awesome! His... Read More expertise, commitment and enthusiasm are unmatched! Another bonus was his responsiveness- he responded to all our emails quickly. It might not sound like a big deal, but when you're coordinating your own wedding with multiple vendors on a short lead time, (we planned it all in 3 months) that makes a huge difference.

The best...

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Cassandra A

Charleton and his crew are as good as they come. They surpassed our expectations in all areas. If you're looking for a photographer that will treat you as if you and your spouse are his only client, Charleton Churchill Photography is the way to go. Loved the final product and... Read More the experience that went along with making our wedding photos so incredible. We highly recommend Charleton!

Stunning Photography!!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Stephanie W

We hired Charleton to be our wedding & engagement shoot photographer. He had previously photographed my sister-in-law’s wedding and her close friend, both of which turned out beautifully so we were very excited to work with him. Both my husband and I are very nervous in front of... Read More the camera, and Charleton made us feel extremely comfortable! He was always in touch with me quickly whenever I needed anything or had a question. And, he made arrangements to travel to Southern California for our wedding. All I can say is that once the cake is cut and you have said your vows, all you have left are the memories and the photos. Hiring a fantastic photographer to capture those memories is one of the most important things you can do for your big day. Charleton is the BEST and has magazine worthy photos to prove it. If I had to do it all again I would work with Charleton again hands down. We have one more sister to go and he will have photographed every wedding in our family!! I highly recommend him!

Charleton is awesome!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

We found Charleton by searching online for photos from our venue in Napa, and his photos were by far the most striking and memorable. From there, we looked at his blog and we were hooked! We loved his style and his artistry, and the way he captured the emotions as well as the... Read More beauty of the weddings he shot. Working with Charleton, we found that not only is he an amazing photographer, he's also a real pleasure to work with. We had our engagement session with him in August and he made us feel at ease and comfortable in front of the camera (and this also really helped us feel comfortable at the wedding, too!). He even helped us coordinate our clothes to make sure the colors matched well. Since our wedding was coming up in just a few weeks, he rushed our engagement photos to make sure we had time to get them ready for use at our wedding. At our wedding, again, Charleton and his team were flexible, accommodating and fun, and they worked well with the other vendors as well as our family and friends. His photos speak for themselves, and we've been incredibly happy with our photos. It was a joy to work with Charleton and his team and we couldn't imagine working with anyone else.

Breathtaking photography

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Charelton & his protege are an amazing team. I cannot stress enough this is where you splurge! Not the favors or the flowers here.... These live on well past your day. Charelton and Ariel were so easy to work with even my groom who was worried about taking bad shots was so... Read More at ease and having a good time in front of the camera. Charleton's experience paired with his true artistic ability and talent make him a true gem. We lucked out getting him.

Best vendor we had!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Charleton & his team were the best! We loved working with them on our wedding day. They are professional and very good at what they do! We got tons of great feedback from guests and the wedding party regarding our photographers. We highly recommend them for other couples!!... Read More Tara & Ryan Rogers

Charleton Churchill

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

Charleton was superb. You could truly feel that he understood how special the day was for us and furthermore he had such an interest in finding great shots for us. He wanted to take the best shots because he truly cares about his work product.

Quality & Quantity!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Jessie L

Charleton is the cream of the crop. I knew he was the photographer I wanted from the get go. I had so many friends post their wedding photos by him on Facebook and they give you the 'wow' factor for sure. He gets a lot of variety too! There are of course the editorial and... Read More glamorous photos with stunning landscapes and backgrounds, but he also captures all the little nuances of the wedding too. When we got our photos (all 1,000 of them) we were pleasantly surprised to see that he captured some of the moments we loved that were not necessarily standard shots for a wedding. The photographers eat when you eat for the most part and we had a quick moment where an entire table of my family was dancing in order to be the first in line at the buffet. Though he was sitting at a table in the corner eating - guess what, he got it. Charleton is also very personable and we had a great time working with him. :)