Charlie Roberts - DJ and Live Musician

New Orleans-Biloxi-Mobile-Pensacola-Destin-PanamaCity-Talla.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Music, Planning

Bow2010

P.O. Box 885, Pensacola, FL New Orleans-Biloxi-Mobile-Pensacola-Destin-PanamaCity-Talla. (888) 694-9490

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Leigh D

Charlie was amazing! He did a fantastic job. He was more than accommodating every step of the way. He anticipated what we needed and what the guests wanted to hear. He kept the event flowing smoothly. I could not have hoped for more. I highly recommend Charlie for any event!

2016-04-13T18:18:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review, Leigh. This was a live guitar wedding ceremony at the Jacksonville Treaty Oak downtown followed by a Dj reception at the RiverFront Café in the Haskell Building, an under-rated venue with a great view of the St. Johns River.

Reviewed on 3/27/2016

Charlie did not show up to DJ at my sister's wedding. He did not call or answer the phone on the day of the wedding. It has been almost one month since the wedding and she still has not received a refund. He has not been polite since the wedding about giving a refund and not... Read More showing up to the wedding. We had to play our own music for the wedding ceremony and reception. His lack of professionalism definitely put a damper on what was supposed to be a special day for our family.

2016-03-27T22:46:41 Response from the vendor

This bogus unverified review highlights the problem with theKnot review process. Anyone can leave a review as no one is documented. Any good unverified reviews can be faked as well as bad ones - just post anonymously. Weddingwire and GigMasters requires all reviewers to prove... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/17/2016 Rebecca M

I highly recommend hiring Charlie as your wedding DJ. He maintained the highest level of professionalism from the moment we contacted him, during the months of planning, throughout our wedding ceremony, to the end of our reception. He told me from the start, "your wedding is... Read More your vision and should be done exactly as you wish." He came fully prepared the day of the wedding, did everything exactly as I had requested during our ceremony and reception and even informed me if we were under, or ahead of schedule based on the event timeline we completed online. He definitely kept things running smoothly. The music was very important to me and Charlie understood that from the very beginning. He has an online portal that makes it so easy (and fun!) to select the songs you want to hear, or absolutely don't want to hear. I even picked the order I wanted each song played and was able to tell him precisely when to start and stop a song, if we didn't desire the entire song be played. I loved it! He said all the things I had asked him to say to each of my guests at exactly the right moments and even threw in a few of his own interesting statements (after running it by us first, of course). Charlie is a class act and I would definitely hire him again for any of my future events. He deserves 10 stars! Thank you for making our wedding day extra special for us, Charlie!

2016-04-12T13:36:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review. This was a wedding ceremony and reception at a mansion in Downtown New Orleans. A beautiful venue and a great couple to work with; it was my pleasure working with Rebecca to execute her precise vision of her wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Jessica H

Charlie Roberts did an amazing job! He was easy to work with from the beginning and helped answer any questions or doubts I had along the way. His online system made selecting songs hassle free. He played acoustic guitar during our ceremony, which sounded beautiful) and cranked... Read More up the music at the reception. My friends and family complimented me on our DJ choice all night long. Charlie even helped me surprise the groom with a secret intro song. He made the night that much more memorable! I highly recommend him!

2016-04-12T13:41:24 Response from the vendor

There are no such thing as cookie cutter weddings. Every bride has her vision for her special day and it's my responsibility to fulfill it. I take my profession seriously and am forever thankful to brides like this who take the time to articulate it... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Abigail B

This guy gets booked a year + in advance, and we understand why. He was responsive, friendly, played everything we asked-good guy. Very personable and kept our low key guests happy. We had him sing and he did amazing. Loved Charlie!

Best DJ..Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Amanda R

Charlie was AMAZING. He played the acoustic guitar for our ceremony and was the DJ during our reception. His website made it so easy to not only pick the songs we wanted to hear but to also create a timeline for the night. He was great with announcing everything and keeping it... Read More all on schedule. One of the first times we spoke I mentioned that all I wanted was for the dance floor to remain full the entire night and he 100% fulfilled my request. Everyone is still talking about how much fun they had!!

2016-04-12T13:47:51 Response from the vendor

My client tools are great; but are only as good as the effort my brides take to use them. My success here was a direct result of a bride who truly cared to include me in her planning and share her vision with me. It's... Read Less Read More

Fantastic DJ!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Kelly S

We had a destination wedding, so we had to do all of the planning by email and phone. Charlie was excellent!! He was the DJ for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The music was perfect for all of it!! Great quality equipment. If you are looking for a DJ in this... Read More area, he is the one!

2016-04-12T13:51:18 Response from the vendor

Most of my weddings are destination weddings; my online client tools are invaluable in helping to get the planning exactly as my brides envision it. Thank you for taking the time to share our success!

better than we could have ever wanted

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 Emily S

Charlie was so experienced and knowledgeable right from the start I never had to stress out or worry about the entertainment part of our celebration. We had him play the acoustic guitar for our ceremony which I was told was really beautiful (I was so nervous I don't remember... Read More much sadly) and he timed everything perfectly during the reception. He knew when to play a slow song and when to play a fast one and there were people on the floor all night! He also had the task of melding country music (50 Texans present) with dance and classic music and did it wonderfully. He even made sure I got some time to dance it out and have fun with my guests. I could not recommend him more highly. Book quickly, he gets booked up about 10 months in advance, I lucked into him being my DJ and boy was it worth it!

2016-04-12T13:53:02 Response from the vendor

This was a challenging event; a diverse crowd with varying musical tastes. Thanks to the brides planning help, we were able to mix things up and keep everyone out on the dance floor having a great time!

Fantastic DJ!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Heather K

Charlie was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was there for us from the very beginning stages of choosing our vendors. His website made planning so simple! He was loads of fun, enthusiastic, and had a great selection of music! He certainly knew how to keep the party... Read More going! Had people of all ages on the dance floor all night!

2016-04-12T13:57:01 Response from the vendor

There is a recurring thread with these great "verified" reviews; great planning between the bride and myself. My success in entertaining your family and friends relies on the bride sharing her vision with me in advance so I can make it happen. When it all... Read Less Read More

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Kristen T

Charlie was very helpful leading up to the wedding and his website planning tool made it easy to organize what songs I wanted played (and which ones I didn't). He was very polite and professional and did a great job reading the crowd to decide what songs to play. We also had... Read More him play his guitar and sing during cocktail hour which was great! I highly recommend him because he did a great job and is not overprices like a lot of other DJ's out there.

2014-08-25T18:35:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kristen and Neil. I truly enjoyed entertaining you and your guests at The Ribault Club on Fort George Island! You guys were troopers handling the light rain during the reception; never missing a beat. Thank you for the kind review, for honoring me... Read Less Read More

The best

Reviewed on 3/03/2014 Ashley V

Picking songs was fast & easy & he provided all our special requests. He went above and beyond on our special day

2016-04-12T13:59:20 Response from the vendor

My brides go "above and beyond"; partnering with them to make great entertainment makes my work so much easier. Thank you for your help in making it happen!

Great Price, Great DJ!

Reviewed on 8/15/2013 Lauren D

Charlie was great! My fiancé and I loved his easy to use online song database. He was very prompt in returning all my phone calls and emails and really put us at ease. At first his low price made us nervous compared to all the other quotes we were getting, but in the end we took... Read More a chance on him and never had one regret! I would definitely recommend his services!

2016-04-12T14:02:52 Response from the vendor

I pride myself in my professionalism; however I am also affordable. I book 100+ events a year so my pricing reflects that commitment. Thank you for honoring me with your trust!

INCREDIBLE---TOTALLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Leslie B

I loved that I could do all of my planning online. I had several songs that I requested that were not on his playlists and he had no problem getting them for my big day. My favorite part is the variety he brings- he did my ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception mixing... Read More guitar, singing, and DJ music throughout the day. My guests had a blast and danced the night away!!! Thank you sooooooo much!!!!!!!!!

2016-04-12T14:04:54 Response from the vendor

As a live musician and DJ; I bring the best of both worlds into one affordable package. Thank you for sharing our success together with others!

amazing

Reviewed on 8/10/2013 amanda m

I loved the website used to help pick music it was easy to use and made looking for music much easier especially since I was making plans for my wedding from Kansas for in Florida. Charlie was amazing at the wedding and got everyone on the dance floor. He through in some music... Read More I did not personally pick out but it worked with the music we did pick. He even did well with the schedule due to the bride (me) not realizing we did not have as much time in the venue as I had originally thought. Charlie was quick on his feet and just made my day amazing. Thank you.

Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Dineta D

Mr. Charlie was outstanding. I provided a playlist for the reception and he made sure he played every song we highly favored to be played. He had everyone dancing the whole time. The dance floor stayed packed. He was very professional with his services. He was on time and... Read More communicated well with me via email. I would highly recommend his services!

Best there is

Reviewed on 3/20/2013 Ryan L

Everyone had a blast and raved about how great you are for days after the wedding! You really made our wedding special. From your guitar playing and singing to your music selection, everything was perfect. The best DJ. Charlie's site was great as well. Easy to organize... Read More songs and the event timeline. Very fast to respond to emails. Thank you again!

Exceptional

Reviewed on 3/14/2013 Angela Z

Excellent DJ. Also can sing and do acoustic music very well. An absolute hit at the wedding.

Fun DJ and Awesome Guitarist

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Caitlyn G

Charlie was amazing. He played guitar during our ceremony and was the DJ for our reception. He was very helpful and his online website made requesting songs and planing the timeline super easy. He had a huge selection of songs to choose from and what he didn't have he got for... Read More us. He really helped to keep the party going. He was incredibly flexible, a week before the wedding I realized I had completely forgotten about ceremony music. He asked what kind we wanted and played the guitar for the ceremony. I was really impressed by all the services provided.

Crazy party

Reviewed on 9/09/2012 michelle b

Charlie is such an amazing entertainer!! Always quick to respond and his website is so easy to use and keep everything together! Everything went so amazingly well and the sound was incredible! For a small wedding, outside people said it sounded like there was a 1oo people in the... Read More ballroom! Charlie kept the music flowing and people dancing! We used Charlie for the ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception. Everything was flawless and Charlie was just as amazing in person as everyone said!!

Had a wonderful time

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Kelly K

We had an amazing time and Charlie and his band were awesome and very reasonable priced. COuldnt have asked for a better experience. Charlie took care of my Ceremony music and Reception. Everyone said it was the best wedding they have ever been to.

Good value

Reviewed on 5/24/2012 Ashley R

Charlie has a great website set up that makes it easy to pick out songs and label what you want used for certain occasions. Everything ran smoothly. Only downside, Charlie is kind of a jerk. He was rude to my MOH, who is one of the sweetest people I know, and he was rude to me... Read More about some of the songs on my playlist that he argued with me that I did not put them on my list and ended up having to download them on the spot from my dad's iphone. Besides that, it was a great value, and he was easy to get ahold of. He played guitar at our ceremony and was very talented and professional.

2012-05-26T15:31:02 Response from the vendor

Our bride, Ashley Best Romine, doesn't have a clue about my great website or how easy my client tools were. She NEVER completed any of them. Things did not run smoothly, either. Ceremony live playlist was incomplete, Bridal party introduction list left blank, and special... Read Less Read More

Great DJ/Musician!!

Reviewed on 5/01/2012 Lauren N

Charlie played at our rehearsal dinner and our wedding ceremony and reception and was absolutely perfect!! I would totally recommend him to anyone! He was a very talented musician and such a nice guy! He also follows your play and do not play lists that you make prior to the... Read More wedding :), which is amazing, considering I have been to several weddings where the DJ plays anything and ignores the bride and groom's requests. Charlie did an amazing job and I would hire him in a heart beat for another event!

Great music, really read the crowd

Reviewed on 4/17/2012 Lauren H

Our music choices for our wedding were all over the place, luckily Charlie was able to play all of our requests and keep the guests dancing. He played accoustic guitar during our ceremony and it set a beautiful tone. During the reception he was able to see what music people were... Read More dancing to and keep it going. When we were ready to leave he knew just how to wrap up the night. Charlie's online client tools are super helpful and his music library has every song you can think of.

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 3/21/2012 Allison W

Charlie did an amazing job playing the guitar during the wedding ceremony. He made our day even more memorable. He also did a great job DJ/ MC our reception. Everyone was dancing and having an amazing time (including my husband and me).

Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 1/08/2012 Amy R

Charlie Roberts was an awesome DJ and musician! He played guitar during our ceremony and then was a DJ during the reception. His website is awesome and so easy to use, he was so affordable and the music was just what we wanted and mixed perfectly! I would totally recommend him... Read More for a classy, easy to work with DJ!

2012-01-09T22:32:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Amy! It was a pleasure working with you!