Charlotte City Club

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

121 W Trade St, Charlotte, NC

Flawless Execution

Reviewed on 7/03/2015 Vanja L

This was a perfect venue with a flawless execution on wedding day. Nothing went wrong and everything is provided. Only difficulty is the Panner is a little difficult to get a hold of sometimes and doesn't respond to emails. But in the end none of it mattered because everything... Read More was perfect!

Magical wedding

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Heather P

Having our wedding at the Charlotte City Club was one of the best decisions we could have made. Our wedding truly was a fairy tale. The venue is breathtaking and Nathan and his team are great to work with. Nathan has so much knowledge and experience to execute the wedding... Read More flawlessly. I do not know how we would have done it without him. Every time we met with him, we felt so comfortable and confident that the wedding would be wonderful, and it truly was. The food was delicious, the staff was so friendly and helpful, and everything turned out to be better than even imagined. I would recommend the CCC to anyone!

Don't Get Married Here

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Regina R

Don't Get Married Here. My husband and I got married in July. We had sit down dinner and chose 3 meals for our guests to choose from. The Filet which was the most expensive came out raw to about half the guests who ordered it. I had 2 guests told they were out of their meal and... Read More had to pick something else even though I payed for it. The event manager who I worked with the whole year stepped back the night of and gave it to the banquet manger who I never met and knew nothing about us or our wedding. Coffee and dessert was never announced and when we asked for it to be they said they would but still didn't and by the time we realized it was too late. That was $2000 down the drain. We bought sparklers for the end of the night send off and when my mother in law asked for a second one the man handing them out wouldn't give it to her even though we payed for them. It is now 2 months later and we have been emailing with the event manager since to get some kind of resolution. But he keeps shooing us away. They don't seem to care that we spent a ton of money her as they are ala cart. I would have liked not as many issues as this was my first wedding. So here is to all the Bride's. This place is beautiful but not worth the money, stress, or headache.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 12/03/2012 Kelly S

I couldn't be happier with our decision to haev our wedding at CCC! The venue on its own is absolutely beautiful, but Nathan, the amazing event coordinator at CCC, went above and beyond to ensure our wedding was something out of our dreams! All of our guests raved about the... Read More food, which was incredibly delicious!

Perfect Wedding and Beautiful Pictures

Reviewed on 11/22/2012 Krista S

We had our wedding at the Charlotte City Club on 10/20/12. Everyone loved the venue and the food was great. As beautiful as the location was it looks even more gorgeous in photographs. We'll never forget the experience. I'm docking one star because it was more expensive than... Read More when we originally met with the City Club and were lead to believe but in comparison with other locations of the quality I do believe the money is worth it!

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Carli B

Nathan and the crew at the City Club have weddings down to a science. We were the only wedding there, that day (which is normal) and had a staff of people to help us with everything we needed, including brunch the next morning. Everyone raved about the food, the service and... Read More the views. There is not a single thing I would have changed!

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 1/17/2012 Anna M

My husband and I got married at the City Club on New Year's Eve (12/31/11) and it was absolutely perfect, due largely in part to their director of private events, Nathan Hoffman. Nathan takes care of everything down to the smallest detail. Our guests raved about our food, drink... Read More and decor. I hope someone I know chooses to also get married at the City Club so I can attend a wedding there myself! Enough good things cannot be said.

Lots of Problems

Reviewed on 1/11/2012 Aileen W

While the Charlotte City Club is beautiful and a great space, I had a TON of problems. For starters, I could never get a hold of Nathan Hoffamn, the event planner, and nothing was finalized until four days before my wedding which added to my level of stress. It seemed that I was... Read More very low on his list of priorities. At the reception, Nathan was no where to be found- my wedding was passed off to someone else I had never met which is very unprofessional. The music did not work, the food I ordered was cold and was never refilled, the personal chef never showed up... It was disappointing.

2012-07-11T15:24:33 Response from Jacquelynn, the member

I had the same experience recently. If it wasn't for the fact that it was my dream location, I would have told them to keep my deposit and I would have gone elsewhere. Getting Nathan to return phone calls or emails is almost impossible. Our... Read Less Read More

A Bride's Dream

Reviewed on 12/05/2011 Elizabeth F

The Charlotte City Club was a dream come true. It is a true Bride's Dream. Nathan Hoffman and his staff worked with us from the beginning to the end and executed impeccable service for our special day. My groom and I had no stress and where more then happy to entrust our vision... Read More to the Charlotte City Club! What a blessing and honor it was to hold our reception at this wonderful venue!!!

Great venue!

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Mandy Z

There is nothing negative I could say about this place. Food was amazing, space was perfect for 150, staff was so helpful and made it your day, place was beautiful and the overall experience couldn't have been better!

Reviewed on 8/15/2011 Kelsey M

Nathan and everyone at the Charlotte City Club was so wonderful to work with. Our wedding day was truly a fairy tale and having the reception at the CCC was the topping on the cake. My husband and I highly recommend contacting the CCC to check on their availability for your... Read More wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/12/2011 Kelley H

After many many trips to different venues, our last stop was certainly The Charlotte City Club, we did not have to look any further! Just the perfect location, nestled right in the heart of uptown Charlotte and the views speak for themselves. It was perfect for out of town... Read More guests who were staying right across the street at the Marriott. It was truly the most perfect evening, everything ran so seamless, the staff was beyond organized and so helpful.

Review for Charlotte City Club

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jill O

The dinner and dancing were held in seperate rooms so it was nice to have everyone seated and go through the whole dinner with no interruptions and then move the whole party into another grand hall for dancing, cake, etc. There was also a nice seating area for older guests... Read More outside the dance floor so they could be away from the loud music if they wanted. There was also a grand staircase that we made our entrance through which we loved. We also picked this place for the wrap-around beautiful views of the city.