Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Beauty

2846 Iola Street, Denver, CO (949) 310-4630

Amazing and So Worth It!

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Anneliese R

This was so worth it. Rachael is a dream to work with. I was a little nervous since we were eloping and so I couldn't do a trial run, but Rachael put me completely at ease. She arrived with her full gear, ready to tackle even my unruly mop of hair. And my makeup! It looked SO... Read More GOOD. Pick Charmed Beauty. They're the best.

Awesome

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Kaitlin B

I was a little late to the game with getting a hair and make up artist for the wedding. I sent out a couple emails to venders on The Knot and received a couple of responses. Overall most of the responses I got were rude or were way too expensive. I got a response from Rachael... Read More and from the first email she just seemed awesome and extremely nice. She really loves what she does and you can tell right off the bat. She was so nice and was so easy to work with. I'm originally from Colorado but currently live in a different state. She worked with me to get the trial runs done when I would be in town. During the trial run she took a very simple idea I had and went above and beyond. I LOVED the hair style. During the wedding it was even better and I can't believe how amazing it looked. She was also very flexible and forgiving when I didn't count right and gave her the wrong number on how many bridesmaids wanted hair and make up done. She was able to get everyone in and everyone looked beautiful. Even later during the wedding the bridesmaids were talking about how well Rachael and her assistant did. Not only did Rachael do the wedding but she made time to do hair and make up for me the next day for a day after wedding photo shoot. It was difficult getting the exact time for the photo shoot and she worked with me, thankfully! The second day we decided to go with a different hair style and I basically left it up to her and I couldn't have been more pleased it was stunning. I am very thankful to have found Rachael for my wedding and would recommend her to anyone and everyone!!! She also mentioned that she does classes and for someone who never learned how to be a true girl I am pretty sure I'm going to take her up on the classes and hopefully learn about 5% of what she can do. If you go with her you will not be disappointed!

Rachael is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Courtney M

Rachael did my hair and makeup for an engagement shoot. I gave her free reign and she did an incredible job! As someone who is not the best at applying makeup, I was amazed at how my photos turned out. A good makeup artist is a MUST for your photos, and I can't more highly... Read More recommend Rachael!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Caraly W

Rachael did a fabulous job on my wedding day hair and makeup and was very pleasant and professional. She was happy to make any minor adjustments and wanted the look to be perfect. She's just a joy and makes you feel relaxed and ready.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Holly M

Rachael was INCREDIBLE!! I went in on my wedding day having not done a trial, simply because all of the pictures of her work were amazing and I knew she'd work magic. And she did. I never wear makeup and wanted a very natural, bohemian look. Rachael did exactly that! I couldn't... Read More recommend her any more highly!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Elizabeth L

Rachael and her team were amazing. They made all of us absolutely gorgeous. I loved how natural the makeup looked and felt on me. I was worried when looking for a makeup stylist that it would be too "much" or I would look like I belonged on a fashion shoot. Rachael brought out... Read More my features and made the makeup look fresh and like me with just enough to pop in the photos. I also loved Rachael because she made my mom (66), mother in law (50), and Aunt (78) look so fresh and beautiful. It takes a lot of great skill to make older women feel gorgeous on such a big day and Rachael and her team did that. They loved their looks. I also loved Rachael because she felt like a girlfriend doing your hair and makeup and made me so relaxed and at ease on the day of. Her stylists were so warm and relaxing as well and put up with my wisecracking younger sister. The hair was perfect and lasted all the way into the dancing late night. I would recommend Rachael again and again! She is an absolute dream to work with!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 Jenna L

Rachael is truly amazing! I could not be happier with my hair and makeup on my wedding day! I was a little picky because for me, the hair and makeup completed the all around look, and needless to say my hair and makeup were perfect (my hair lasted all night). She is... Read More professional, on time, flexible and so reliable. I can't say enough good things about her and her work in this review. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Rachael is adorable and does beautiful work

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 katherine m

Rachael, the mastermind behind Charmed beauty is awesome. I found her online and after doing some research, including on her website, I decided that she was the best fit for me on my wedding day. I came to her house for a wedding makeup preview on the day of my engagement shoot.... Read More Rachael was gracious enough to host me early in the morning since our engagement shoot was at about 9AM. Rachael made me feel very comfortable as she is very sweet, offered me something to drink, and we slipped into easy conversation. She made me look flawless and I have a lot of acne scarring. She did the exact bronzey smokey eye look I wanted and my foundation felt like it would last without looking cakey. Rachael does fake eye lashes standard and they looked amazing!! I had done my hair myself and Rachael was kind enough to add a little more teasing too it to spruce it up a bit before I headed out to my engagement session. I believe the preview cost around $125. Rachael was excellent at communicating via email. When it came time to figure out my wedding timeline I wanted to make sure we weren't rushed to get all of the hair and makeup done for me, my five bridesmaids, my mom and the flower girl. Rachael gave me great feedback and even promised to bring a second makeup artist. She always responded quickly and was very sweet and reassuring in her emails. Rachael was very prompt the day of. She and her assistant brought their own chairs and got right to work. Everyone looked amazing when they were done. My mom, who rarely wears much makeup said she felt gorgeous and not overdone; she looked like a bombshell. I believe the cost was $125 for my makeup and then $65 for makeup for everyone else but the flower girl. I paid by check the day of. I can't speak highly enough about Rachael. I want to go to a fancy even that merits getting my makeup done again just so I can visit Rachael and have her work her magic.

So great!

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Amy B

This is the one vendor I was SO picky about finding. I looked at several until I found Charmed Beauty on the Knot, and am so glad I found them! First impression: Website is professional, up-to-date, and pictures were crystal clear (SO important when you are looking at someone... Read More else's hair and makeup) so I went with them! Rachael, the owner, is so talented and very detailed oriented. She does all brides hair and make-up, and her assistant help with bridal parties, MOB, MOG, etc. Rachael and her assistant did such a great job with my group of girls, and they were so flexible! Last minute all the bridesmaids wanted to get lashes even though they didn't have the makeup professionally done, and they were so easy to accommodate! I highly recommend!

The best of the best

Reviewed on 6/05/2014 Meaghan

I can't speak highly enough about Rachael and her company Charmed Beauty! She literally made me gorgeous for my wedding day and she helped keep me calm and happy all morning/afternoon, so for that I truly thank her! I had my hair and makeup preview done a few months before the... Read More wedding, and I really loved it when I got it done, but had second thoughts the day of the wedding. Rachael was totally flexible, switched up the style to something a little different, and it was stunning! The hair and makeup was everything I could have imagined, and even after a night of dancing, I still looked awesome! I had all my bridesmaids hair and makeup done, as well as immediate family members who wanted it, and Rachael had her team get everyone done in 5 hours, which was pretty incredible. The rate is pretty reasonable, and it is well worth it since she goes the whole 9 yards on everyone (fake eyelashes, updos, etc.). Again, Rachael and Charmed Beauty made my entire wedding party beautiful, and my girls got complements all night! I would highly recommend Charmed Beauty for any bride.

AMAZING!!! Nailed it!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Ashlyn G

She was so great! My wedding was in August and she met with me in Early June to do my preview. I was thinking that would be enough time to do another preview before the wedding if I didn't love my hairstyle....but she nailed it in the first preview!!!!! I took her some pictures... Read More of my dress and a couple pictures of the hairstyles I liked and she was able to incorporate them together in to one look. The final look was so beautiful and exactly what I wanted!!!!! She came all the way out to our site in South Denver to prep my, all my bridesmaids, and my mom's hair the morning of the wedding. She got through all the heads of hair (including one she wasn't planning on until that morning) on time. In fact, she got through them all ahead of time! Overall, Charmed Beauty was amazing! I will be recommending her to all my friends for any of their hair styling opportunities. You will NOT go wrong with Charmed Beauty!!!!!

The best money I've ever spent!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Susie T

I cannot say enough good things about Rachael and her services. For my wedding, Rachael did my own hair and makeup, my mom's, my maid of honor's, and also hair for two of my bridesmaids. Everything was absolutely, incredibly perfect. I live out of state but was getting... Read More married in CO, so I did not have time to do a "preview" with Rachael. I wasn't nervous about it after seeing her portfolio, and I had no reason to be. She is able to quickly assess how to personalize make-up/hair for each individual based on their skin tone, hair type & personality. For the most part, I gave her free reign, and because of it, my look turned out better than I could have ever imagined. The best part, though, and the reason I know every penny was worth it: It rained on my wedding day and we had an OUTDOOR ceremony. It was a steady rain with high humidity - I thought my hair would be ruined in minutes. While we tried to protect ourselves with an umbrella, there were many times during pictures and the ceremony that my hair and makeup were not protected (we didn't want an umbrella in all our pictures!). Somehow, thanks to her magic of many pins in my curled hair and "setting" of the makeup, it stayed. As I walked inside to the reception, I had so many people tell me they couldn't even tell I had been out in the rain. Without her, I could have spent the rest of my wedding looking like a drowned cat. :) THANK YOU, Rachael, for being so sweet, so kind, and so engaging with my friends & family - and for working with each individual person to give them exactly what they wanted. I will forever look back on my wedding day and feel beautiful because of you. You truly have a gift and I am forever grateful for it.

Absolutely AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Brittany R

Rachael is absolutely amazing! I called her about 3 weeks before my wedding in an absolute panic after a not-so-pleasant hair and makeup trail with the hair dresser who was supposed to doll me up on my wedding day. I totally lucked out that she was able to fit me in! After... Read More talking with Rachael, I knew that she had what it took to ensure that I felt beautiful on my big day. Rachael spent three hours with me during my trial perfecting my hair and makeup. We tried many different hair and makeup options until I found the exact look I wanted. She was so patient with me! I left my trial feeling completely confident that I made the right decision choosing Rachael. The day of my wedding wasn’t any different. Rachael delivered just as she had during my trial. She is very fun and outgoing and my bridal party absolutely loved her! The girls in my wedding party that got their hair and makeup done with Rachael LOVED the finished product. They looked beautiful! I seriously could not have asked for anything more! I felt the way that every girl wants to feel on her wedding day... drop dead gorgeous! Thank you, Rachael, for making me feel and look absolutely stunning on my wedding day. Now if only I could hire you to do my hair and make-up every day! You are worth EVERY penny. 

Absolutely the BEST!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Katie M

Rachael is an amazing hair stylist and such a pleasure to work with!! I found Charmed Beauty online after I had already booked a makeup artist for my wedding party and me. After having a hair trial, I booked her to do hair for myself my bridesmaids, and both moms on my wedding... Read More day. Communication with Rachael leading up to the big day was always pleasurable. She always got back to me right away and was very friendly. At one point I had changed my mind about what I wanted to do with my hair and contacted her about setting up a second trial. Rachael was very flexible about setting up a second appointment and also suggested that I could just send her pictures of what I wanted and we could allow for some extra time on the day of the wedding in case we needed to make any changes - I really appreciated her making this suggestion as it saved me the time and money of having a second trial! On the day of the wedding, Rachael arrived on time and got right to work. She was such a pleasure to have there with us while we were getting ready. She kept saying how excited she was that this was her last wedding before getting married herself! All of the girls' hair looked outstanding and was exactly what everyone asked her to do. Everyone's hair held up for the entire day and night and still looked just as beautiful at the end of the night as it had in the morning! My only regret is not having her do our makeup as well!! I am SO happy with my decision to use Charmed Beauty for my wedding day!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Jamie S

Rachael is absolutely amazing. She came onsite in Evergreen for a minimal fee on my wedding day. Not only did my friends and family love her but I can not tell you the 100s of compliments I have gotten from friends, coworkers etc of people who saw how beautiful my hair and... Read More makeup were on my wedding day. She also knew my daughter was a tomboy and was able to do her hair how I wanted for the wedding but in a way to make her feel comfortable in. My sister (only bridesmaid) also absolutely LOVED how she looked on my wedding day. I can not say enough good things about Rachael, charmed beauty etc. I will recommend her to anyone and everyone I know who needs hair and makeup done for any event ESPECIALLY their big day!!!!!!

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2013 Brittany E

Finding someone to do my hair and makeup was hands down the most daunting task of planning our destination wedding in Vail, CO. As my now husband likes to say, I am "particular" about most things and I can admit that I was certainly "particular" about my hair and makeup on our... Read More wedding day. From the moment I saw Rachael's website and blog (the before and afters are AMAZING), I knew that I had to book her. And, I'm so glad that I did! Rachael listened to exactly what I wanted to look like on our wedding day (myself, but just a little bit better) and made it happen. In addition to being amazing at her job, Rachael was also so much fun to work with. You spend a fair amount of time with your hair/makeup stylist on your wedding morning, and I'm so glad that Rachael was there with my bridesmaids and me. Her bubbly personality fit in with our group - so much so that it felt like having another one of my girlfriends fixing our hair/makeup rather than someone I'd only met twice! If you want amazing hair and makeup for your wedding and someone super fun to spend your wedding morning with - I highly recommend you book Rachael. She's amazing!

Hair and Makeup review

Reviewed on 9/02/2013 Katie h

Rachael did my hair and makeup and I couldn't have asked for more! She did an amazing job with me, my bridesmaids and my mom. On her site you can see a lot of before and after pics which shows just how talented she is. And if your looking for a romantic hairstyle, that is her... Read More specialty! Worth every penny.

Rachael is amazing!

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Shayna W

Rachael did my (as well as my maid of honor's and bridesmaid's) makeup for my wedding and we all looked fabulous! What was amazing for me was that she came to my parent's house the day of, so I was able to relax in my home and just enjoy my day... I didn't have to rush anywhere... Read More and it was just a great experience. She not only kept me calm and gave us all tips on "how to cry without smearing" and reminded my bridesmaids to get me to reapply my lip gloss throughout the night (which I am so grateful for... as my mom says lipstick tops off an outfit!). I have always been so self conscious, and I have had many bad experiences with getting my makeup done but Rachael is a miracle worker (I have blemishes and I was worried they'd show but they didn't!). You tell her what you want to look like and she can do it even better. I never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day. And in all my pictures I just look amazing and flawless and I'm so grateful for that! I was actually really bummed when I had to take my makeup off at the end of the night (haha). She also did my "trial run" on the day I had engagement pictures, so I looked amazing for both days! I have also used her on another occasion since my wedding for when I needed my makeup done, and if she still lived in California I'd call her again in a heart beat!

Look and feel like a princess!

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Meghan D

Rachael is more than worth the money! After searching around on the Knot.com I was having a hard time finding someone in Denver who could do both hair and make-up well. I didn't want my hair to look all plastered and pinned to my head. Rachael did an amazing job giving me the... Read More natural, elegant, with a touch of glamorous look that I was striving for!!!! I had so many compliments from guests. My cousin actually decided to have her hair done like mine for her wedding the next month.

Hair and Makeup Perfection!

Reviewed on 9/06/2012 Monica T

Rachael is amazing! She did the hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids at my 8/11/12 wedding, and I could not have been more pleased with the outcome. She listened to exactly what I wanted, and then somehow managed to make it even better than I imagined! Her style aesthetic... Read More is definitely spot on, and she was able to give lots of great suggestions. Additionally, she was really easy to work with, extremely timely with her responses, and flexible with start times. I'm so thankful to have found someone as talented as Rachael for my wedding, and would recommend her to anyone interested in looking their absolute best on any special occasion!

Beautiful Work!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2012 Rand Q

Rachael did my hair and makeup for my wedding and did an amazing job! I would highly recommend her to anyone!!

I looked gorgeous thanks to Rachael!

Reviewed on 11/23/2011 April W

I have had makeup and hair done by professionals before, but I have never looked this great before Charmed Beauty. I loved Rachael Drootin's personality and she made me feel relaxed on a stressful day. I really wanted to have airbrush foundation, which she doesn't do, but did... Read More not regret using her instead. I 100% recommend Charmed Beauty!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Jennifer B

I had Rachael do my hair and makeup for my wedding day. I brought her one picture of each and kind of told her what I wanted, and she did it perfectly at our trial. Then did it even better on the wedding day. Sarah did most of my bridesmaids and was amazing also. They arrived on... Read More time, were fun and did exactly what everyone requested! They made my wedding party look amazing! Highly reccommended!!

Awesome Hair Stylist

Reviewed on 1/26/2011 Andrea E

Rachael from Charmed Beauty was really great. She was courteous and responded quickly to my emails. She came to my house to do my wedding hair preview. She asked questions to find out exactly what I wanted (I had pictures ready too) and then she took photos of the finished hair... Read More style so that she could get it perfect again at the wedding. On the wedding day, she showed up on time and was able to get my hair and the hair of my two maids of honor done quickly. Our hair looked really beautiful and we got a lot of compliments on it. Rachael was incredibly nice and friendly. Everyone in my family that met her said that they really liked her. I was very happy with my hair and would definitely recommend Charmed Beauty!

Fantastic job!

Reviewed on 12/26/2010 Jennifer R

I recently had my wedding and had hired Rachel at Charmed Beauty to do my hair and makeup, and hair and makeup for 4 bridesmaids. Rachel did an absolutely perfect job! We had met for a trial a few months before the wedding, and I provided her with a picture of the hair I... Read More wanted and a description of the makeup. She came to my house for the trial, arrived on time and well prepared. She did my hair and was very accommodating to making changes as she worked (she would do the hair, show me, and then take my feedback to make changes I wanted). She was very positive and very friendly, and after the trial I was very happy. I mentioned a couple changes I wanted for the wedding day, and come the day of, she remembered what she had done at the trial and which things I wanted changed. On the day of the wedding, she brought another person to do hair (they came to our venue), while she did everyone's makeup and my hair. She worked quickly, and she did everyone's makeup just as they asked for it. I can't believe how fantastic a job she did. I was 100% satisfied with how I looked and I still can't stop looking at the pictures because she made me look so great. The price was good, and the service amazing. Apart from her skill, she was always very friendly and responded to all emails and calls quickly. Definitely definitely recommend her to everyone!