Cheers Chalet

Lancaster, OH

Book Your Wedding with Cheers Chalet

A BACKYARD IN LANCASTER, OH

Cheers Chalet is conveniently located just southeast of Columbus. The property has more than 70 acres of beautiful wooded space with two lakes and manicured gardens. Highlights of the property include five ceremony sites including gazebos, arbors and a rustic woodland lakeside chapel, along with two beautiful venues to accommodate your reception. Flexible options are available for couples seeking an outdoor wedding.

This romantic, private venue sits atop a beautiful hill. Light streams in through windows that overlook the garden and lush lawns, and provide a panoramic hilltop view. A sheltered, twinkle-lit patio adds a breath of fresh air and elegant evening dance floor. The area features a garden gazebo and a lovely pergola.

Rustic ambience abounds in the Chalet, with wood beams intertwined with grapevines and Spanish moss that stretch across the ceiling, The venue is located on one of the two lakes, and has a large covered deck overlooks the water and fountain. A beautiful wedding arbor, gardens, and grounds are also at your disposal.

Other outdoor locations available at Cheers Chalet include open air gazebos and garden arbors. Flexible options are available for couples seeking an outdoor wedding.

Cheers will take care of the details, and they will help you plan for your day. Share your vision with them and they will tailor the food, decor, and atmosphere to create your dream wedding. Full service catering is available onsite, and their professional staff will handle all setup and cleanup including chiavari chairs, tables, dinnerware, and linens for the wedding and reception. If you plan on bring in your own decor, just bring it in before the reception, and they will take care of the rest. Full bar service is available for you and your guests, and a professional hostess will assist you for your rehearsal and reception, handling the details so you can enjoy each moment. Trained service staff will take care of all your guests needs.

Cheers Chalet specializes in weddings and other events, and all setup and cleanup are provided by on-site staff. The site is one of the few options in the region that provides heated, covered outdoor space for winter weddings. Other perks of choosing Cheers Chalet include:

• Reception-only and ceremony-only sites available
  • Covered gazebos for protected outdoor events
  • Forests and manicured gardens for nature-inspired wedding photos
  • Personalized decor available
  • Heated spaces available for cool-weather events
Private bridal changing room for the bride and her attendants to prepare for the big moment

"Don't Just Dream It, Live It!"

Nestled in 70 acres of rolling hills, Cheers Chalet offers a unique blend of charm, natural beauty, and sophistication. Perfect for garden weddings, with two beautiful indoor venues for receptions. Delicious menu options are professionally prepared by trained chefs and attentive staff.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Country Club, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

1211 Coonpath Road NW, Lancaster, OH (740) 654-9036

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Kim S

I had a great experience with Cheers right from the get go! We had the opportunity to go visit the venue during an open house which allowed us to see how it would look completely decorated and to try the food ahead of time (which you can't find for free anywhere!). They had... Read More recommended vendors there as well which helped us in making our final selections! Caley K. was so helpful the weeks leading up to the wedding, making sure I didn't need anything else or need any additional help with vendors! The staff at the venue was so accommodating and willing to help out in any way possible! The food was fantastic (people are still raving about it) and the tables looked gorgeous!! Thank you all for your hard work and dedication!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Noelle K

October 14th 2017 wedding: The wedding turned out great but it was a rocky start at first. The owner and wedding planners are all very nice but all of different pages. One person tells you something and then the other says another. We had trouble with the first wedding planning... Read More due to clash of personalities and email exchange was slow. But when we switched it got better. We got married at lakeside. Tanya did an awesome job setting up. We couldn’t set up the day before due to a wedding so I gave her all the decorations and she set up that morning. She sent me pictures to make sure nothing was missed and nothing was! Wedding ceremony was perfect. The reception was okay: the bartender had flat coke but my mom told Tanya and that was fixed right away. Had problem with two different types of beer being warm. I actually had to put ice in mine. Bartender was pouring liquor that wasn’t included in the package and then making guests pay for it. I told one the the helpers to talk with him and Then Bartender was telling guests we got the cheaper package so they would have to pay. After the wedding was over the staff lost some of my boxes and they were just throwing stuff into boxes and not packing it up nicely. Doesn’t sound like a issue but I had stuff every where. But... with all that being said I am still very happy we picked cheers. The food was excellent (small issue with the cook forgetting to give guest pasta when it was a pasta bar). But all of my guests said it was the best food they ever had at a wedding . And all of the decorations were setup lovely.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Lucy C

I simply cannot say enough wonderful things about Tanya and Cheers Chalet & Catering! After meeting with several area caterers, it was immediately clear that Cheers Chalet was the most professional, most responsive, and highest quality caterer out there. From start to finish,... Read More Tanya patiently answered my questions and addressed my concerns. She offered expertise and advice when I needed it while still deferring to and honoring the vision we had for our wedding. The execution on our wedding day was phenomenal: we received numerous compliments on how wonderful the food was and how professional the staff were. The setup at their Lakeside venue was incredibly organized and looked stunning! I went into the day with complete confidence that the food service was going to be amazing, so I was able to just be a guest at my own wedding reception and truly enjoy the day. Hire them. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Leanna B

Amazingly wonderful venue. Perfect.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Darci C

Everything was perfect! Everyone there was so helpful! I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The fajita bar was such a hit too. Everyone kept saying it was the best wedding food they've ever had! Thank you so much to everyone there! I'm so happy we chose the Lakeside... Read More Chalet!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Arianna U

Overall, I was very happy with our wedding taking place at Cheers Chalet. Tanya was our coordinator and she was very prompt in returning any phone calls or emails when we had questions. The staff that worked the evening of our wedding where awesome! Everyone loved how personable... Read More the bartender was. The venue is beyond gorgeous and all decorations were set up exactly how I envisioned them, without having to do any of the work. This is an amazing venue, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a classy, outdoor, or rustic environment. There was an unfortunate mix-up with our dinner though. I don't know how it got missed but we were supposed to have a vegetarian option with dinner, and it didn't get made. There were several guests who did not get to have meal because of this mistake, and I was very disappointed. Other than that, it was absolutely flawless.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Chelsea A

Cheers was just absolutely fantastic in making our day the best day ever. We were at the main Cheers Chalet. We might be biased but it was probably the best wedding of the century ;). They were so flexible with us in our decisions and worked closely with us to make sure our day... Read More was just perfect. They handled setup and cleanup, saving our friends and family lots of time. The venue itself is perfectly gorgeous. It's a little bit of garden party and a little bit of rustic; a perfect blend for what we were looking for. I loved that there was a little bridal suite hut to get ready for me and my girls! Cheer's catering was delicious. We had many comments on how tasty the food was. We had Southwestern chicken egg rolls that were the BEST. Taco bar was our main meal and for dessert we had make-your-own s'mores and some Buckeyes on the side. Everything was delicious and I wish I could have eaten more! Thank you for making our wedding the absolute best day ever!!! It was truly magical <3.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Deirdre H

Cheers Chalet went above and beyond my expectations. Tanya was wonderful to work with and was always available to answer my questions or concerns. The food was fantastic - I am still getting compliments on the Mac and cheese! The lemonade stand was a hit - it is a must-have!!!!!... Read More My only regret is that I wish I had had more time to enjoy the festivities - the bride and groom end up too busy to enjoy everything they put together!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Linda E

Recently, Cheers catered our daughter's wedding at an off-site location. The delicious food was served buffet style with a beautiful presentation. We noticed the server carving the ham pleasantly conversing with the guests as they went through the line. Prior to the event, Carol... Read More went over every detail and prepared a timeline for the wedding. She presented different ideas and made suggestions to my daughter that were incorporated that evening. The forethought put into the additional details and added touches made the wedding all the more special. As the Mother-of-the-Bride, I couldn't be more pleased as I listened to the lovely complements from our guests! We highly recommend Cheers for their professionalism, experience, and quality service.

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Renae M

We had a great experience with Cheers Chalet, they were very timely with responses throughout the planning process. On the actual wedding day things went very smoothly and many people complimented on the food and how nice the venue was. Tanya, Christel, Carol, Rachael and the... Read More rest of the Cheers staff made our day very special.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Maisie S

The venue is lovely and I got tons of compliments on picking such a unique and beautiful place. Rachel was very helpful. However, I did have some trouble with there being less tables than I was told (which caused some families to not be able to sit together once everyone spread... Read More out at the provided tables) and I was not given the rest of my wedding cake even though many of my guests have commented that they didn't get a chance to try the cake and several guests noticed not all of the cake was cut before it was taken to the kitchen. When I asked the next morning I was told by one person that they should have boxed my cake for me then later I was told all the cake was cut and served which doesn't seem to add up with many guests and immediate family saying they didn't have any cake.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017

Cheers made our wedding wonderful! From the planning, decorations, food and venue, everything was perfect. We had many compliments from guests. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Pam H

Cheers Chalet Lakeside was so beautiful for my daughters wedding. The staff was always very helpful and the food was very good! The reception area was just perfectly decorated!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Laura H

Our wedding was on 11/19/16 and it happened to be the 1st day it snowed in Ohio this year. Cheers was so accomdating to ensure that things went smoothly despite the snow and were okay with last minute changes to keep the bridal party from freezing outside. Rachel and Tanya were... Read More also very accomodating when our hotel flooded so we had family members trying to get everyones stuff out and they let us start the ceremony late to give them a chance to make it back. The venue looked beautiful as ever, the new barn doors in the desk area made a beautiful back drop, and all the decor was set up perfectly. The food was AMAZING, i heard nothing but great comments from guests. I would suggest to anyone wanting a unique venue, a little bit off the beaten path, with a rustic and nature like vibe, then Cheers is your place.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Monica D

The food was amazing! My whole family raved about the Backyard BBQ and the biscuit bar. The champagne they served was good too. They have open houses 2 times a year. I went to one of them and it really helped me decide what to pick for the reception. It was all a hit!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Jenna H

Cheers Chalet was the first venue I visited. I had researched many many venues, but once I saw the pictures of the venue I fell in love. We got married at Cheers and it was amazing. The staff was great and very helpful the entire way through! From the beginning of the wedding... Read More planning to the end of the wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Mary H

They made my wedding day perfect, even came up with ideas to make it better. I had a Disney theme wedding and they worked with the dj to coordinate an entrance for the dinner portion, it was wonderful. Didn't have to worry about a thing everything was taken care of , and the... Read More location was beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Tricia H

Alison was a great help throughout everything. I loved our reception so much. It exceeded my expectations, which were already high!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Amanda B

The wedding went so smoothly and everyone was super flexible since the weather called for rain. We've heard nothing but positive feedback from our guests about the food and beer selections! Overall awesome!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Nicole C

Everything was very beautiful, staff was friendly and fun. Food was excellent and drinks were cold. The only thing keeping it from being perfect was the reception room was very warm, the air conditioning needed turned on higher or more fans need to be added for guests, wedding... Read More party, and especially the bride and groom.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Bethany B

Booking Cheers Chalet was the first and one of the best decisions we made. From start to finish the Cheers staff was friendly, professional, flexible, and quick to respond to inquiries. The venue is gorgeous with a rustic and intimate appeal, and we were treated more as friends... Read More rather than a customer the business was simply trying to obtain money from and check off a list (which was the case with some other venues we looked at). The whole team was such an integral part of what we consider the most perfect day of our lives. We couldn't have asked for anything more. You won't regret choosing them as your venue!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Kaylin G

My husband and I chose Cheers Chalet after finding them online. Carolyn was our initial contact. She was prompt with getting an appointment set up and also sending us the requested info regarding minimums, menus, etc. Meeting with Carolyn was a little awkward at times and... Read More unless you had specific questions she didn't offer much information. We absolutely loved the venue though and the landscape was gorgeous! Their prices were very reasonable (considering other venues we looked) and they provided catering, set up and tear down for the event. After we booked, we were able to make all of our payments over the phone which was super helpful. We were also provided with an event coordinator (Caley) who we met with to discuss our menu, event timeline, special requests, ceremony and reception options. We decided to have our ceremony at their Chapel in the Woods location & our reception at Lakeside. Both venues were amazing! Caley was a wealth of information and was able to answer ALL of our questions/meet all of our requests. She emailed us our estimate w/ event timeline and was easily able to contact with questions/concerns. Adjustments were able to be made up until the final payment--1 week before the event--final counts 2 weeks before. Caley was awesome and a complete blessing to help our wedding and reception go as smoothly as it did. We were able to have a rehearsal onsite the day, and at this time, we were introduced to our day of hostess (Olivia) who would help to run the event with Caley. Olivia helped with our rehearsal and was also extremely knowledgeable. We brought all of our decorations and favors to the rehearsal, which they quickly set up. They did everything and more that we requested and were able to offer suggestions for anything we weren't sure on. On the day, Olivia and Caley both worked so hard! I was so impressed with their work ethics! Me and my bridesmaids were up in the office area getting ready for the event and Olivia frequently came to check on us & keep us updated. It rained a lot before and during, but Olivia was extremely flexible and accommodating to make sure everything went well . We did have the option to change our outdoor ceremony indoors if we wanted but we chose to stay outdoors. Even though it poured during the ceremony, the thick tree cover out in the woods kept our guest dry, minus a few sprinkles. We had personal umbrellas at the ceremony site and Olivia was helpful at getting these distributed to the wedding party after the ceremony. There was a golf cart to transport my husband and I as well as our photographer back up to the reception site quickly so that we could do wedding photos on the covered deck/dance floor. We had planned to do cocktail hour out there, but with the rain had to change the plans. Olivia and Caley, again were fine with this and quickly moved the cocktail tables to another area so that guests could still eat hors 'doeuvres and enjoy cocktail hour. Caley and Olivia were on their A-game the whole night! Food was AMAZING! We chose the hog roast package and it was so good! All of our guests loved the food & some even commented that it was the best wedding food that they had ever had. Myself and some of our guests have gluten allergies, but this was not a problem for them. They were able to provided gluten free options & also put the croutons for the salad into a separate bowl. Everything ran seamlessly & we would highly recommend! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Molly H

The place was beautiful, the food amazing, and the staff was so kind and helpful! Especially Allison! She was such a help and I know I wasn't an easy bride to deal with. (Lot's of requests and changes in plans) but Cheers made everything possible! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Jessica O

We had our wedding and reception at the lakeside venue with about 100 guests. I cannot say enough great things about Cheers! The venue was perfect! It was beautifully decorated (even without doing anything yourself), extremely clean, and set up just the way I envisioned. I... Read More didn't have to do any work or worry about anything because the staff set up, and cleaned up everything. It was great because all I had to do on my rehearsal and wedding day was relax! The food was also delicious! We had the hog roast dinner with loaded mashed potatoes and green beans. Our guests couldn't say enough about how good everything tasted. The inside part of the venue where dinner is served has AC, but the dance floor is outside so we did get sweaty dancing the night away in the middle of July. I didn't mind though because it was absolutely beautiful, and you have the option to go cool off inside. Cheers is very reasonably priced and so much is included with their price and venue. If you are a bride like me where planning seems a little daunting then this is the place to book! They take care of so much for you and our wedding turned out perfect!! I highly recommend this venue!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Becky M

We booked Cheers Chalet in Lancaster, Ohio after our original venue double booked and cancelled our reservation (2 days after 100 invitations went out!) I stumbled on Cheers Chalet by widening my search to venues around Columbus (instead of just "in" Columbus, Ohio). Cheers... Read More Chalet & Lakeside is a wonderful gem in Lancaster. The setting is so beautiful, and you will not find a more accommodating group of people! From the event manager, to the hostess, and the bartender, they were all so nice, professional and attentive to every single detail to make sure that our night was perfect! They kindly worked with our budget and were very creative in helping us have the "dream reception" the bride wanted. You will not find a more beautiful place and wonderful people! They have perfected customer service. Highly recommend.