Cheers Chalet

Lancaster, OH

Book Your Wedding with Cheers Chalet

A BACKYARD IN LANCASTER, OH

Cheers Chalet is conveniently located just southeast of Columbus. The property has more than 70 acres of beautiful wooded space with two lakes and manicured gardens. Highlights of the property include five ceremony sites including gazebos, arbors and a rustic woodland lakeside chapel, along with two beautiful venues to accommodate your reception. Flexible options are available for couples seeking an outdoor wedding.

This romantic, private venue sits atop a beautiful hill. Light streams in through windows that overlook the garden and lush lawns, and provide a panoramic hilltop view. A sheltered, twinkle-lit patio adds a breath of fresh air and elegant evening dance floor. The area features a garden gazebo and a lovely pergola.

Rustic ambience abounds in the Chalet, with wood beams intertwined with grapevines and Spanish moss that stretch across the ceiling, The venue is located on one of the two lakes, and has a large covered deck overlooks the water and fountain. A beautiful wedding arbor, gardens, and grounds are also at your disposal.

Other outdoor locations available at Cheers Chalet include open air gazebos and garden arbors. Flexible options are available for couples seeking an outdoor wedding.

Cheers will take care of the details, and they will help you plan for your day. Share your vision with them and they will tailor the food, decor, and atmosphere to create your dream wedding. Full service catering is available onsite, and their professional staff will handle all setup and cleanup including chiavari chairs, tables, dinnerware, and linens for the wedding and reception. If you plan on bring in your own decor, just bring it in before the reception, and they will take care of the rest. Full bar service is available for you and your guests, and a professional hostess will assist you for your rehearsal and reception, handling the details so you can enjoy each moment. Trained service staff will take care of all your guests needs.

Cheers Chalet specializes in weddings and other events, and all setup and cleanup are provided by on-site staff. The site is one of the few options in the region that provides heated, covered outdoor space for winter weddings. Other perks of choosing Cheers Chalet include:

• Reception-only and ceremony-only sites available
  • Covered gazebos for protected outdoor events
  • Forests and manicured gardens for nature-inspired wedding photos
  • Personalized decor available
  • Heated spaces available for cool-weather events
Private bridal changing room for the bride and her attendants to prepare for the big moment

"Don't Just Dream It, Live It!"

Nestled in 70 acres of rolling hills, Cheers Chalet offers a unique blend of charm, natural beauty, and sophistication. Perfect for garden weddings, with two beautiful indoor venues for receptions. Delicious menu options are professionally prepared by trained chefs and attentive staff.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Country Club, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

1211 Coonpath Road NW, Lancaster, OH (740) 654-9036

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Jessica O

We had our wedding and reception at the lakeside venue with about 100 guests. I cannot say enough great things about Cheers! The venue was perfect! It was beautifully decorated (even without doing anything yourself), extremely clean, and set up just the way I envisioned. I... Read More didn't have to do any work or worry about anything because the staff set up, and cleaned up everything. It was great because all I had to do on my rehearsal and wedding day was relax! The food was also delicious! We had the hog roast dinner with loaded mashed potatoes and green beans. Our guests couldn't say enough about how good everything tasted. The inside part of the venue where dinner is served has AC, but the dance floor is outside so we did get sweaty dancing the night away in the middle of July. I didn't mind though because it was absolutely beautiful, and you have the option to go cool off inside. Cheers is very reasonably priced and so much is included with their price and venue. If you are a bride like me where planning seems a little daunting then this is the place to book! They take care of so much for you and our wedding turned out perfect!! I highly recommend this venue!!

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Sarah S

This location was worth every penny. They went above and beyond to make my day the best of my life. I never felt like there were hidden costs or anything I was unaware of before the wedding. They were always working with me and trying to help me use my money in the best way. I... Read More definitely felt like they were on my side and not trying to sell me things I didn't need. The location is beautiful! The venue is well kept up. They include a ton in the price! It is completely reasonable. Several guest told me the food was the best they had at a wedding (go with the hog roast). Each one of the employees were wonderful. Penny was my host for the rehearsal dinner and wedding...she is AWESOME! The woman made my wedding day perfect and the venue looked amazing! I really loved this location and would highly recommend it. I would be impressed if anyone could find a better venue in the Columbus area. Love Cheers!!!

Fairy Tale Perfection

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Laura K

I fell in love with Cheers from the very start, walking inside of the building feels like a fairy tale. I've been joking with my friends and family that I've been having wedding blues (maybe I'm not joking) but only because the day was SO perfect and so beautiful. We used the... Read More Cheers location at the top of the property, it has a sprawling "back yard" area with trees wrapped in lights perfect for a reception at night time. The food is DELICIOUS, we chose a rather simple menu and could not have been happier. Alison was absolutely amazing, she answered every obnoxious and ridiculous question I had time and time again. We stayed so extremely close within our budget too my husband and I are so thankful for that, it didn't feel like we were being pushed to upgrade and add on different services and foods that we really didn't need! We have two small children and both changed jobs within the past year we were so nervous that our budget wouldn't get us to our dream wedding but our big day was absolutely perfect. My only regret is that it didn't last longer! Our family and friends have been raving about how perfect the ceremony and reception were & how beautiful the property was! We were running out of daylight quickly so I don't think we got as many pictures taken as I would have liked but besides that it was so wonderful! The staff is very friendly and very helpful, they were so easy to talk to and Alison & Christel really worked with us financially. I would marry my husband here over and over again if I could! There are so many details and things to do before your big day and they made it very easy for us! I wish it weren't over!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017

Cheers made our wedding wonderful! From the planning, decorations, food and venue, everything was perfect. We had many compliments from guests. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Pam H

Cheers Chalet Lakeside was so beautiful for my daughters wedding. The staff was always very helpful and the food was very good! The reception area was just perfectly decorated!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Laura H

Our wedding was on 11/19/16 and it happened to be the 1st day it snowed in Ohio this year. Cheers was so accomdating to ensure that things went smoothly despite the snow and were okay with last minute changes to keep the bridal party from freezing outside. Rachel and Tanya were... Read More also very accomodating when our hotel flooded so we had family members trying to get everyones stuff out and they let us start the ceremony late to give them a chance to make it back. The venue looked beautiful as ever, the new barn doors in the desk area made a beautiful back drop, and all the decor was set up perfectly. The food was AMAZING, i heard nothing but great comments from guests. I would suggest to anyone wanting a unique venue, a little bit off the beaten path, with a rustic and nature like vibe, then Cheers is your place.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Jenna H

Cheers Chalet was the first venue I visited. I had researched many many venues, but once I saw the pictures of the venue I fell in love. We got married at Cheers and it was amazing. The staff was great and very helpful the entire way through! From the beginning of the wedding... Read More planning to the end of the wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Mary H

They made my wedding day perfect, even came up with ideas to make it better. I had a Disney theme wedding and they worked with the dj to coordinate an entrance for the dinner portion, it was wonderful. Didn't have to worry about a thing everything was taken care of , and the... Read More location was beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Tricia H

Alison was a great help throughout everything. I loved our reception so much. It exceeded my expectations, which were already high!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Amanda B

The wedding went so smoothly and everyone was super flexible since the weather called for rain. We've heard nothing but positive feedback from our guests about the food and beer selections! Overall awesome!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Nicole C

Everything was very beautiful, staff was friendly and fun. Food was excellent and drinks were cold. The only thing keeping it from being perfect was the reception room was very warm, the air conditioning needed turned on higher or more fans need to be added for guests, wedding... Read More party, and especially the bride and groom.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Bethany B

Booking Cheers Chalet was the first and one of the best decisions we made. From start to finish the Cheers staff was friendly, professional, flexible, and quick to respond to inquiries. The venue is gorgeous with a rustic and intimate appeal, and we were treated more as friends... Read More rather than a customer the business was simply trying to obtain money from and check off a list (which was the case with some other venues we looked at). The whole team was such an integral part of what we consider the most perfect day of our lives. We couldn't have asked for anything more. You won't regret choosing them as your venue!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Kaylin G

My husband and I chose Cheers Chalet after finding them online. Carolyn was our initial contact. She was prompt with getting an appointment set up and also sending us the requested info regarding minimums, menus, etc. Meeting with Carolyn was a little awkward at times and... Read More unless you had specific questions she didn't offer much information. We absolutely loved the venue though and the landscape was gorgeous! Their prices were very reasonable (considering other venues we looked) and they provided catering, set up and tear down for the event. After we booked, we were able to make all of our payments over the phone which was super helpful. We were also provided with an event coordinator (Caley) who we met with to discuss our menu, event timeline, special requests, ceremony and reception options. We decided to have our ceremony at their Chapel in the Woods location & our reception at Lakeside. Both venues were amazing! Caley was a wealth of information and was able to answer ALL of our questions/meet all of our requests. She emailed us our estimate w/ event timeline and was easily able to contact with questions/concerns. Adjustments were able to be made up until the final payment--1 week before the event--final counts 2 weeks before. Caley was awesome and a complete blessing to help our wedding and reception go as smoothly as it did. We were able to have a rehearsal onsite the day, and at this time, we were introduced to our day of hostess (Olivia) who would help to run the event with Caley. Olivia helped with our rehearsal and was also extremely knowledgeable. We brought all of our decorations and favors to the rehearsal, which they quickly set up. They did everything and more that we requested and were able to offer suggestions for anything we weren't sure on. On the day, Olivia and Caley both worked so hard! I was so impressed with their work ethics! Me and my bridesmaids were up in the office area getting ready for the event and Olivia frequently came to check on us & keep us updated. It rained a lot before and during, but Olivia was extremely flexible and accommodating to make sure everything went well . We did have the option to change our outdoor ceremony indoors if we wanted but we chose to stay outdoors. Even though it poured during the ceremony, the thick tree cover out in the woods kept our guest dry, minus a few sprinkles. We had personal umbrellas at the ceremony site and Olivia was helpful at getting these distributed to the wedding party after the ceremony. There was a golf cart to transport my husband and I as well as our photographer back up to the reception site quickly so that we could do wedding photos on the covered deck/dance floor. We had planned to do cocktail hour out there, but with the rain had to change the plans. Olivia and Caley, again were fine with this and quickly moved the cocktail tables to another area so that guests could still eat hors 'doeuvres and enjoy cocktail hour. Caley and Olivia were on their A-game the whole night! Food was AMAZING! We chose the hog roast package and it was so good! All of our guests loved the food & some even commented that it was the best wedding food that they had ever had. Myself and some of our guests have gluten allergies, but this was not a problem for them. They were able to provided gluten free options & also put the croutons for the salad into a separate bowl. Everything ran seamlessly & we would highly recommend! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Molly H

The place was beautiful, the food amazing, and the staff was so kind and helpful! Especially Allison! She was such a help and I know I wasn't an easy bride to deal with. (Lot's of requests and changes in plans) but Cheers made everything possible! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Becky M

We booked Cheers Chalet in Lancaster, Ohio after our original venue double booked and cancelled our reservation (2 days after 100 invitations went out!) I stumbled on Cheers Chalet by widening my search to venues around Columbus (instead of just "in" Columbus, Ohio). Cheers... Read More Chalet & Lakeside is a wonderful gem in Lancaster. The setting is so beautiful, and you will not find a more accommodating group of people! From the event manager, to the hostess, and the bartender, they were all so nice, professional and attentive to every single detail to make sure that our night was perfect! They kindly worked with our budget and were very creative in helping us have the "dream reception" the bride wanted. You will not find a more beautiful place and wonderful people! They have perfected customer service. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Kelsey g

Great food. Received lots of compliments. The only thing guests remember after the wedding is over is if they had something good to eat-highly recommend Cheers!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Jessica H

We got so many compliments on our venue! It's a beauty place!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016

I am extremely happy that I chose Cheers Chalet as my wedding venue. They were absolutely incredible to work with! Leading up to the wedding they were so helpful. They responded to my questions and concerns in a timely manner and they made me and my husband feel like our day was... Read More just as important to them as it was to us. My wedding day was absolutely perfect. They made sure that everything was done and looked the way I invisioned it to be. During the reception (as bride and groom you don't have much time to really think) they made sure I was fed and I had something to drink. They were great at making sure that I was absolutely comfortable and happy throughout my day. I would recommend Cheers Chalet to anyone. Beautiful venue (inside and outside), great service, and amazing food!

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Erin C

We are so pleased with the wedding experience that we had at the Lakeside location. The staff were so helpful in the planning process and in making sure that every detail was perfect. Our decorations were beautifully arranged, the food was delicious, and the staff were friendly... Read More and attentive. Guests are still telling us that it was one of the best weddings they've ever been to. Thank you, Cheers Chalet!!!

Gorgeous venue at great value

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Courtney G

I absolutely loved my wedding at Cheers. I was married at the Lakeside venue in October. It was perfect because the venue is surrounded by trees so fall made it exceptionally beautiful. We fell in love with Cheers the second we walked in. Both venues are decorated with lights... Read More and décor that make it feel warm and elegant. The best part is it was reasonably affordable. Cheers caters and handles everything for you (such as decorating, clean up, etc). The food was absolutely delicious. They had a large menu with lots of variety. The only reason I am giving 4 stars instead of 5 is because when we sat down and worked over all of our details, I was promised Cheers would ensure that they would contact any vendor who did not show up as planned. Unfortunately, our DJ did not show. I did not find out until 30 minutes before I was supposed to walk down the aisle. Once I brought it to our hostess' attention she made calls immediately. Turns out our DJ was in a car accident. Cheers asked the DJ from the wedding at the other venue to fill in for the ceremony since it was an hour behind ours. That worked out perfectly. We were only about 15 minutes late. That DJ called someone else to come from his company to take over. Everything worked out just perfectly, but it was a bit frustrating that he wasn't called earlier when they knew he was expected 3:30 and no one had noticed he wasn't there until I had told them at 5:00. Other than that it was a wonderful experience with Cheers. It really is a beautiful, affordable venue that I would definitely recommend.

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Rachel C

Cheers Chalet was the best venue I could have imagined. All of the staff worked so hard to make our special day flow seamlessly. We had our wedding at Lakeside and got married at the "little chapel"; it was beautiful! Alison was great at accommodating all of my last minute... Read More decisions and everyone was so flexible! We also saved time and money; we did not have to book a bakery for the cake (cheesecake is provided by Cheers) and they also provided a lot of the decorations needed to make the day even more beautiful! I would definitely recommend this venue!

Our Wedding Was Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Melissa T

I would HIGHLY recommend Cheers Chalet! We had our wedding there on Oct 17th,2015. EVERY detail was perfect! Tanya and staff made sure that the entire day went smoothly. We were told by so many of the guests how much they enjoyed the abundant delicious food and beautiful venue!... Read More If you are looking for a rustic elegant venue with staff that are always looking for ways to take your wedding to the next level within your wedding budget.. look no farther! They take pride in their events. Something that seems to be less and less common nowadays! We have already started to think about another event with them! THANK YOU AGAIN for our perfect day!

Great venue!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

We had a small wedding (~60 people) at Cheers Chalet lakeside venue, and had an amazing experience. We were looking for an affordable venue with a rustic feel, and found Cheers through a photographer friend who had shot a wedding there.The greatest thing about Cheers is that... Read More they take care of almost everything, and it made our wedding planning very much stress-free! Really all we had to do by ourselves was to find a photographer, a DJ and an officiant. We used their in-house caterer, and the guests absolutely loved the hog roast and the appetizers! The staff at Cheers are very experienced and easy to work with. I was laid-back during most of the planning process, but started to get a little nervous closer to the day of wedding. Our coordinator and host were really good at making me feel more comfortable as they planned out every detail for the day, and helped putting together centerpieces and decorations in no time (which left the groomsmen almost nothing to do :) ). The venue itself is really pretty, and we had to do very little decorating ourselves. After I posted a few pictures of the ceremony on Facebook, I had many people who didn't attend ask me where it was because they were amazed by how pretty the lakeside gazebo looked. I definitely recommend Cheers to any bride and groom looking for a beautiful venue with super professional and helpful staff!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

Beautiful venue and yummy food, especially the turkey. There were a few minor mess ups but they were quick to respond and fix it.

Cheeres Chalet

Reviewed on 10/11/2015

My daughter was married on August 28 at Cheers Chalet, Lakeside. The evening and event was absolutely perfect. My daughter wanted to have the ceremony and reception in one location; Cheers was perfect for this. We loved having the indoor/outdoor feel to the event without... Read More losing elegance. The theme of the wedding was "love you to the moon and back". I know Cheers had no control of the fact that we had a huge full moon that night but had we been at a venue that was totally inside we would not have had the opportunity to enjoy the full moon that hung over the pond and gazebo. The guest absolutely LOVED the tuscan saute that was served for dinner and dancing on the open covered deck.