Cheesecake Wedding Cakes by Mrs. B.

Virginia Beach, VA

Award-Winning Cheesecake Wedding Cakes

Mrs. B has been in business for over 25 years and has developed an excellent reputation. She makes over 40 kinds of cheesecakes and traditional wedding cakes. Please make an appointment for a tasting and a consultation to design something special for your wedding.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Sugar Free

Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2010

1133 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA

Incredibly Amazing

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Breontae T

She is so wonderful. She is genuinely funny, and sweet and makes you feel like the only bride. My husband and I will be using her for other events. Not to mention best cakes I have ever tasted.

2015-10-24T13:42:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! You give me a lot to live up to. So glad you had a good experience with me. Stay happy!

Mrs. "B's" Cheescake Wedding Cakes

Reviewed on 9/27/2013

Mrs. "B", they were AWESOME. There were so many different flavors and all were soo delicious. My favorite was the Pineapple and Keylime. They were decorated so beautifully and everyone raved about the flavors and were so pleased with the choices. You are such a special... Read More person Mrs. B and you are so accommodating. You allowed us to change and add so many times and you never got upset with us. You are so helpful and kind. Your cakes made the day for me and my family and friends. What a day to remember with the most wonderfully delicious Mrs. "B's" Cheesecakes. Thank you so much for all you did for us. I will tell all my friends the choice is Cheescake by Mrs. "B"! I am so happy with the decision made to go with your cakes. That was truly a smart decision in wedding cake choices. They were not only delicious but beautifully decorated. Thank you again Mrs. "B" for all your hard work and patience. Good Luck and continued success!!

Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 DEB R

Wow! We spent a lot of time researching, looking for the "right" cake. We tried all the top rated vendors in the surrounding 2 states. Price, taste, or customer service weeded them all out. Then we found a jewel right in our backyard ! We were pleasantly surprised to walk... Read More into a shop where a sweet and saavy grandma was there with open arms and a hug. We like to work with people that are the "right" fit. It was an instant match. Then we tasted the cakes...another wow. We were able to mix and match cheesecake and traditional, as well as fillings. We gave Mrs. B a picture and vision. I am happy to say she exceeded our expectations. Our guests and other vendors were in awe. People are still talking about "that" cake. So how do I rate Mrs. B ? Customer service, creativity, price, product are ALL excellent and beyond. She is certainly a hidden gem! It was a wonderful experience and we will continue to use her services :)

Delicious!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Tracy P

Planning a wedding from a different state is a little scary. I found Mrs. B's cheesecake wedding cakes through an online search and decided to just go with it. My now husband and I both love cheesecake and her website had good reviews as well as a nice gallery of pictures of... Read More her work. I made some minor changes to my order several times, but it was no problem at all for her. I told her exactly what I wanted it to look like, and she nailed it. The cake was not only gorgeous, but delicious too! We got a three layered cake, the top two layers were just regular chocolate and vanilla, and the bottom was a raspberry swirl cheesecake (made with real fresh raspberry puree). All three flavors were great! If I were ever in her area again and needed a cake, I would most definitely give her repeat business.

2013-09-18T15:10:56 Response from the vendor

It was nice working with you. So glad I was able to meet your expectations. Thanks

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Christine R

We LOVED Mrs. B! She's so helpful and was willing to create what we wanted. Her cheesecakes are absolutely delicious!! We had many of our guests tell us that it was the best wedding cake they've ever tasted! We had 6 different flavors at our reception and I can't decide which... Read More was my favorite. Mrs. B was also very affordable and helpful with different pricing options. We would highly recommend her!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Alesha R

My now husband and I wanted a cheesecake wedding cake and almost gave up on the idea, until we found Mrs. B. She was so great to work with and gave us so many options, including 2 different flavors for our tiered cake! We met with her for a tasting and loved her, and her... Read More cheesecakes so much that we booked the same day! We opted to pick up our cake a few days before the ceremony, and she had my husband vacuum his car to transport it. I was nervous but she assured me that the cake would be fine, and it definitely was! We got so many rave reviews about the freshness of the cake, and how delicious it was! It really was perfect, and the icing on such an amazing day! Thank you Mrs. B! Herb and I loved it!!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Rachel E

Wonderful cakes! Our wedding guests loved the 3 cakes Mrs. B made for us. I loved that the cake wasn't sickly sweet like you get from other bakers, it truly tasted homemade and delicious. Mrs. B is also super nice and easy to work with. I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Kathy V

Yesterday was my 1 year wedding anniversary. We had the pleasure of taking out our cheesecake wedding cake made for us by Mrs. B. It tasted delicious and brought back fond memories of our special day! We can't say enough wonderful things of Mrs. B's service! Her prices beat any... Read More other prices I had seen for wedding cakes by far and her cheesecakes were scrumptious! I was a very happy bride on my wedding day and 1 year later I continue to be a happy wife. Thank you Mrs. B for everything!

Reviewed on 3/01/2016

Mrs. B was incredibly kind and patient with us. We didn't know what we wanted or whether we should go with the traditional cake or go with cupcakes. When I called to set up a tasting, she responded back within the same day and we were able to set up the tasting for that weekend.... Read More She kept it incredibly professional by suggesting that only my husband and I to come otherwise too many people will pull that decision away from what we wanted. She asked us questions to get a better feel on what flavors we liked and she was able to make suggestions based on it. At our tasting, she continued the professionalism by providing examples of how big the cakes will be and comparing that to the cupcakes. She had pictures of cakes she has done and was open to any pictures that we have researched. I believe the only challenge we came across was the pick up. I had my wedding a couple days after Christmas and Mrs. B was going to be away for the holidays. However, we kept in contact to figure out the best time to pick up the cake and how to keep it looking fabulous on the day of. Everything went smoothly and people loved the cake! Will definitely come back to get more of the amazing cheesecake experience!

Reviewed on 2/27/2016

I wanted something simple but elegant and she accomplish both. The flavor was delicious I'll definitely use her for future events. She very nice and accommodating I couldn't be there personally so we communicated over email and phone calls she responds quickly she made my day... Read More special thank you!

Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 1/18/2016

Mrs. B. Is an amazing person to work with. She delivered 125 mini cheesecakes that were in a variety of flavors and every one of them were delicious. Our guests were pleasantly surprised at the mini cheesecakes versus the traditional wedding cake. Mrs. B also did a 6 inch... Read More plain cheesecake for us to place a cake topper in and for the bride and groom to cut. Everything was perfect!!!!

BEST WEDDING CAKE!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Brittany A

If you are searching for a fantastic vendor for your wedding (cheese)cake, look no further!! My husband and I found Mrs. B's on The Knot and were immediately intrigued because we both love cheesecake, and actually prefer cheesecake to regular cake. After scheduling a tasting,... Read More we were hooked! We didn't try a single flavor that we didn't like! Pricing is very straightforward and Mrs. B will help guide you in selecting the sizes of cake that would be most appropriate to accommodate your guest list. When determining the style of your cake, you have the flexibility to be as creative as you would like! If you aren't sure what you want (which I wasn't), Mrs. B can offer suggestions and has a gallery on her website that can help provide ideas and assist you in finding your preferences. My husband and I ended up ordering a three tiered cheesecake wedding cake with an additional 6" cheesecake to save for our one year anniversary. The flavors we chose were different for each layer. The largest cake was chocolate and vanilla, the middle size was vanilla and strawberry, and the smallest tier was peach. The cheesecake we are saving for our anniversary is key lime flavored. The cake was decorated with a peach ribbon (we provided) placed around the base of each layer to match our wedding color. There was also a swirled design on the cake itself. It turned out beautifully! Communication leading up to the wedding was easy (even though I was planning our Virginia wedding from Alaska!). I was always able to get a hold of Mrs. B by phone or email. If we were communicating by email, she was always very prompt in responding (within a couple of hours). My sister and I drove down a few days before the wedding to pick up the cake. We were skeptical that we could transport such an important item without damaging it but Mrs. B gave us some pointers and helped load it into our vehicle. We made the 2 1/2 hour trip back to Richmond, VA without a problem! Our wedding planner was responsible for transporting and assembling the cake on the day of the wedding. Assembly is surprisingly easy and there is little room for error. Our planner was able to set up the cake without issue. The caterers provided a cake stand and included cake cutting as part of their service. **A note to future brides: If you are picking up your cake, be sure to determine who is responsible for transporting it, setting it up, etc. In my experience, catering services were NOT willing to assist with the wedding cake beyond providing cake cutting. At the wedding, we had countless guests comment on how great the cake looked and how delicious it tasted. We had guests going back for seconds to try the other flavors because it was so delicious. Everyone was surprised to learn that you could have cheesecake as a wedding cake! By the end of the night, there was hardly any left to take home--it was devoured! I would highly recommend booking Mrs. B for your wedding cake. She is helpful, friendly, and makes wonderful cheesecakes!! :)

2015-12-11T05:19:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to explain how easy it is to order by e-mail. I am very happy that you and your guests were pleased. Note: Caterers are too busy to pick up cakes and their vans are usually too full anyway. Wedding planners... Read Less Read More

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 fabriena r

This was my fifth cake from Mrs. B's. We have always been pleased with the cakes and service we were given. Yummy!!

2015-12-11T05:20:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Keep coming back! I appreciate your business!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Was very pleased with Mrs "B". The cake was amazing!! Everyone kept asking who did the cake?? (I hope this brings more business your way) When my daughter requested a cheesecake for her wedding I had no idea that it could be done. I am so glad that we found you !!! Thank... Read More you for making her beautiful cake for such a special day . Don't hang up your apron yet !!!!

2015-12-11T05:21:30 Response from the vendor

So happy you were pleased! Thank you!

Perfect Cake

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Genean R

At first I was kind of skeptical about a Cheesecake but once I sampled Mrs. B's cake I had to go with it and I did not sample from any other cake vendor. My wedding party and guest talked about the cake for days and expressed how much they enjoyed it. I would recommend... Read More Cheesecake Wedding Cakes by Mrs. B to any one looking for something elegant, different, and very tasteful!

2015-12-11T05:27:06 Response from the vendor

Cheesecakes are different but sure do steal the show, don't they! Thanks for your review.

Recommend Mrs. B's to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Our wedding was on Virginia Beach on Oct 3rd, 2015. We wanted something a little different for our cake and really liked the idea of a cheesecake. From the moment we walked into her shop for a tasting we fell in love with Mrs B. She was so kind and personable and more... Read More importantly her cheesecakes were delicious! That's the only tasting we needed and never went anywhere else. We chose a 3 tier key lime cheesecake with a sea shell decoration. Everyone thought it was so cute and there barely any cheesecake left after our guests went back for seconds! We would recommend Mrs. B to everyone for any occasion or if you just in the mood fora really good cheesecake for yourself!

2015-12-11T05:28:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I loved working with you! Happiness!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

Mrs. B was WONDERFUL!!! She met with us and helped offer suggestions. We felt like we were meeting with our mother or grandmother who was going to bake this wonderful cheesecake for us as opposed to some large over-priced company. We went with the Cheesecake wedding cake and... Read More so glad we did. Our guests raved about it, and at least 1 has since ordered a cake from Mrs. B for another party. Can't wait until our 1 year so we can slice into the topper!! My husband has a 50th birthday this year; we will definitely be ordering him a cake from Mrs. B for that big event. Thanks Mrs. B for being so easy to work with and your part in making our day great!

2015-12-11T05:31:20 Response from the vendor

You are so kind! Thanks for your review! I am sure it will help other brides decide to call me. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Best cheesecake Ever

Reviewed on 5/26/2015

I have enjoyed eating Mrs. B cheesecakes for over 25 years. It's truly the best cheesecake in town. This last cheesecake was truly amazing. All of our guests couldn't stop talking about the cake. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for that special something.... Read More She's got it .

2015-05-27T20:22:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am happy that after all these years you still enjoy my baking! Ask all your guests to keep talking......good advertising!

Everything was wonderful

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Regina S

She was very knowledgeable about the whole process of figuring out what kind of cake to get to accommodate a small wedding and the best way to decorate the cake. It was a little bit of a hassle to have to go find my own flowers for the cake and bring them to the venue though.... Read More She had already left work by the time I finally found a florist in the next city that had the roses I wanted. Unfortunately, It was very hot the day of the wedding so they basically wilted some in the car. Everything else was great. Mrs. B is very grandmotherly and her cakes are amazing! I tried vanilla almond cakes. My top cake had a pineapple upside down filling that tasted like my mom used to make. The bottom half was strawberry filling that tasted like a strawberry shortcake. It really was the best part of the reception. If I need any other cakes, I'll go to her.

2015-05-11T18:09:16 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your review. I wish I had known about the flower delivery because I live right across the street from my shop and would have been happy to return. Or, I could have had you come to the house. I Am so sorry about... Read Less Read More

More then I could've ever dreamed of in a cake

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Sonya A

My cake was amazing, dreamy, and simply beautiful. I had heard about this place but I got way more then I could have ever imagined. Mrs B is the sweetest person in the world and she doesn't treat her customers like a number, she treats them like family. Cake was delicious and I... Read More would refer her over any other baker. My cake was made up of 5 cakes, 3 cheesecakes and 2 regular cakes. They were to die for. Every single one of them. I have had cakes from many different bakers but Mrs B is number one. She takes pride and will make sure you have the best cake ever. Thanks soooo much I'm so thankful.

2015-05-11T18:11:29 Response from the vendor

Oh! You make me so happy! Just pleases me so much to have happy clients. THANK YOU! Please come back.

Wonderful Mrs. B!

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Rebecca S

My fiance and I fell in love with Mrs. B. when we went for our tasting. Her cheesecakes are absolutely delicious and were a hit at our wedding! The service was on time and stress-free, and Mrs, B is lovely to work with. We plan on using Mrs, B for our anniversary cake, it was... Read More that good!

2014-11-10T13:18:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much! Mrs B

Best Cake Ever

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Jasmine G

I have used Mrs. B for my wedding cake as well as cakes for family functions. Everyone always rants and raves about how moist and delicious her cakes are.

2014-11-10T13:20:04 Response from the vendor

I too love a moist cake. it's not worth eating if it's dry

Fantastic Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Mary C

Mrs. B makes the most delicious wedding cakes I've ever tasted. We actually doubled our cake size because we knew it would be a hit with our guests. Everyone loved it and had seconds as predicted. Mrs. B is lovely and wonderful to work with as well.

2014-11-10T13:23:47 Response from the vendor

Your so kind. Thank you. My clients tell me the last crums are eaten.

Beauty x 3

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

First of all the customer service was excellent, I felt so comfortable from the moment I stepped in the door. Mrs.B made sure I got what I wanted and was very patient will I figured it out. She gave me a call to confirm and the cake was beautiful and taste great as well. If you... Read More are looking for a beautiful cake, with a beautiful taste and beautiful service, Mrs. B's is the place to go.

2014-11-10T13:26:18 Response from the vendor

I appreciate your comments. Thank you

Not just great cheesecakes .. So much more!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jocelyn b

From the moment I reached out to Mrs. B I knew she would be my cake vendor. She responded in a timely matter and we travelled from out of state just to meet her. She was on vacation and even accommodated a time to meet us while we were in town. Our tasting exceeded our... Read More expectations. We didn't want to leave , we wanted to try everything and retry everything again. Her pastries were so unique, very moist, incredibly tasty and she created a dessert bar that had such variety every taste preference was fulfilled. When we were ordering we feared we would be over budget since we were getting so many selections, we were wrong. Mrs. B has incredible pricing and the desserts taste homemade by a family member who cares. It was not a cookie cutter creation- we had cakes, tarts cookies, brownies, cheesecake bars and cupcakes. Our wedding cake she designed to our theme- which I gave her complete control of -- I never would have imagined such perfection. You name it and she can make it ! I highly recommend Mrs. B, we plan on visiting her for some of her desserts when we are in Virginia again. Thank you Mrs B for tying it all together for us - we are forever grateful !

2014-11-10T13:34:20 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working for you and I am delighted that you and your guests were pleased. It was so much fun baking a great variety for some one so appreciative. I look forward to seeing you again.