Cheesecake Wedding Cakes by Mrs. B.

Virginia Beach, VA

Award-Winning Cheesecake Wedding Cakes

Mrs. B has been in business for over 25 years and has developed an excellent reputation. She makes over 40 kinds of cheesecakes and traditional wedding cakes. Please make an appointment for a tasting and a consultation to design something special for your wedding.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Sugar Free

Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

1133 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA

Incredibly Amazing

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Breontae T

She is so wonderful. She is genuinely funny, and sweet and makes you feel like the only bride. My husband and I will be using her for other events. Not to mention best cakes I have ever tasted.

2015-10-24T13:42:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! You give me a lot to live up to. So glad you had a good experience with me. Stay happy!

Mrs. "B's" Cheescake Wedding Cakes

Reviewed on 9/27/2013

Mrs. "B", they were AWESOME. There were so many different flavors and all were soo delicious. My favorite was the Pineapple and Keylime. They were decorated so beautifully and everyone raved about the flavors and were so pleased with the choices. You are such a special... Read More person Mrs. B and you are so accommodating. You allowed us to change and add so many times and you never got upset with us. You are so helpful and kind. Your cakes made the day for me and my family and friends. What a day to remember with the most wonderfully delicious Mrs. "B's" Cheesecakes. Thank you so much for all you did for us. I will tell all my friends the choice is Cheescake by Mrs. "B"! I am so happy with the decision made to go with your cakes. That was truly a smart decision in wedding cake choices. They were not only delicious but beautifully decorated. Thank you again Mrs. "B" for all your hard work and patience. Good Luck and continued success!!

2013-09-28T04:40:35 Response from Joan, the member

What a lovely review. It humbles me but at the same time encourages me not to hang up my apron just yet. Thank you so very much. Now I have to tell Mr B to crack some more eggs! Best Wishes to all.

Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 DEB R

Wow! We spent a lot of time researching, looking for the "right" cake. We tried all the top rated vendors in the surrounding 2 states. Price, taste, or customer service weeded them all out. Then we found a jewel right in our backyard ! We were pleasantly surprised to walk... Read More into a shop where a sweet and saavy grandma was there with open arms and a hug. We like to work with people that are the "right" fit. It was an instant match. Then we tasted the cakes...another wow. We were able to mix and match cheesecake and traditional, as well as fillings. We gave Mrs. B a picture and vision. I am happy to say she exceeded our expectations. Our guests and other vendors were in awe. People are still talking about "that" cake. So how do I rate Mrs. B ? Customer service, creativity, price, product are ALL excellent and beyond. She is certainly a hidden gem! It was a wonderful experience and we will continue to use her services :)

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Tracy P

Planning a wedding from a different state is a little scary. I found Mrs. B's cheesecake wedding cakes through an online search and decided to just go with it. My now husband and I both love cheesecake and her website had good reviews as well as a nice gallery of pictures of... Read More her work. I made some minor changes to my order several times, but it was no problem at all for her. I told her exactly what I wanted it to look like, and she nailed it. The cake was not only gorgeous, but delicious too! We got a three layered cake, the top two layers were just regular chocolate and vanilla, and the bottom was a raspberry swirl cheesecake (made with real fresh raspberry puree). All three flavors were great! If I were ever in her area again and needed a cake, I would most definitely give her repeat business.

2013-09-18T15:10:56 Response from the vendor

It was nice working with you. So glad I was able to meet your expectations. Thanks

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Brittany A

If you are searching for a fantastic vendor for your wedding (cheese)cake, look no further!! My husband and I found Mrs. B's on The Knot and were immediately intrigued because we both love cheesecake, and actually prefer cheesecake to regular cake. After scheduling a tasting,... Read More we were hooked! We didn't try a single flavor that we didn't like! Pricing is very straightforward and Mrs. B will help guide you in selecting the sizes of cake that would be most appropriate to accommodate your guest list. When determining the style of your cake, you have the flexibility to be as creative as you would like! If you aren't sure what you want (which I wasn't), Mrs. B can offer suggestions and has a gallery on her website that can help provide ideas and assist you in finding your preferences. My husband and I ended up ordering a three tiered cheesecake wedding cake with an additional 6" cheesecake to save for our one year anniversary. The flavors we chose were different for each layer. The largest cake was chocolate and vanilla, the middle size was vanilla and strawberry, and the smallest tier was peach. The cheesecake we are saving for our anniversary is key lime flavored. The cake was decorated with a peach ribbon (we provided) placed around the base of each layer to match our wedding color. There was also a swirled design on the cake itself. It turned out beautifully! Communication leading up to the wedding was easy (even though I was planning our Virginia wedding from Alaska!). I was always able to get a hold of Mrs. B by phone or email. If we were communicating by email, she was always very prompt in responding (within a couple of hours). My sister and I drove down a few days before the wedding to pick up the cake. We were skeptical that we could transport such an important item without damaging it but Mrs. B gave us some pointers and helped load it into our vehicle. We made the 2 1/2 hour trip back to Richmond, VA without a problem! Our wedding planner was responsible for transporting and assembling the cake on the day of the wedding. Assembly is surprisingly easy and there is little room for error. Our planner was able to set up the cake without issue. The caterers provided a cake stand and included cake cutting as part of their service. **A note to future brides: If you are picking up your cake, be sure to determine who is responsible for transporting it, setting it up, etc. In my experience, catering services were NOT willing to assist with the wedding cake beyond providing cake cutting. At the wedding, we had countless guests comment on how great the cake looked and how delicious it tasted. We had guests going back for seconds to try the other flavors because it was so delicious. Everyone was surprised to learn that you could have cheesecake as a wedding cake! By the end of the night, there was hardly any left to take home--it was devoured! I would highly recommend booking Mrs. B for your wedding cake. She is helpful, friendly, and makes wonderful cheesecakes!! :)

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 fabriena r

This was my fifth cake from Mrs. B's. We have always been pleased with the cakes and service we were given. Yummy!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Was very pleased with Mrs "B". The cake was amazing!! Everyone kept asking who did the cake?? (I hope this brings more business your way) When my daughter requested a cheesecake for her wedding I had no idea that it could be done. I am so glad that we found you !!! Thank... Read More you for making her beautiful cake for such a special day . Don't hang up your apron yet !!!!

Perfect Cake

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Genean R

At first I was kind of skeptical about a Cheesecake but once I sampled Mrs. B's cake I had to go with it and I did not sample from any other cake vendor. My wedding party and guest talked about the cake for days and expressed how much they enjoyed it. I would recommend... Read More Cheesecake Wedding Cakes by Mrs. B to any one looking for something elegant, different, and very tasteful!

Recommend Mrs. B's to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Our wedding was on Virginia Beach on Oct 3rd, 2015. We wanted something a little different for our cake and really liked the idea of a cheesecake. From the moment we walked into her shop for a tasting we fell in love with Mrs B. She was so kind and personable and more... Read More importantly her cheesecakes were delicious! That's the only tasting we needed and never went anywhere else. We chose a 3 tier key lime cheesecake with a sea shell decoration. Everyone thought it was so cute and there barely any cheesecake left after our guests went back for seconds! We would recommend Mrs. B to everyone for any occasion or if you just in the mood fora really good cheesecake for yourself!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

Mrs. B was WONDERFUL!!! She met with us and helped offer suggestions. We felt like we were meeting with our mother or grandmother who was going to bake this wonderful cheesecake for us as opposed to some large over-priced company. We went with the Cheesecake wedding cake and... Read More so glad we did. Our guests raved about it, and at least 1 has since ordered a cake from Mrs. B for another party. Can't wait until our 1 year so we can slice into the topper!! My husband has a 50th birthday this year; we will definitely be ordering him a cake from Mrs. B for that big event. Thanks Mrs. B for being so easy to work with and your part in making our day great!

Best cheesecake Ever

Reviewed on 5/26/2015

I have enjoyed eating Mrs. B cheesecakes for over 25 years. It's truly the best cheesecake in town. This last cheesecake was truly amazing. All of our guests couldn't stop talking about the cake. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for that special something.... Read More She's got it .

2015-05-27T20:22:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am happy that after all these years you still enjoy my baking! Ask all your guests to keep talking......good advertising!

Everything was wonderful

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Regina S

She was very knowledgeable about the whole process of figuring out what kind of cake to get to accommodate a small wedding and the best way to decorate the cake. It was a little bit of a hassle to have to go find my own flowers for the cake and bring them to the venue though.... Read More She had already left work by the time I finally found a florist in the next city that had the roses I wanted. Unfortunately, It was very hot the day of the wedding so they basically wilted some in the car. Everything else was great. Mrs. B is very grandmotherly and her cakes are amazing! I tried vanilla almond cakes. My top cake had a pineapple upside down filling that tasted like my mom used to make. The bottom half was strawberry filling that tasted like a strawberry shortcake. It really was the best part of the reception. If I need any other cakes, I'll go to her.

2015-05-11T18:09:16 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your review. I wish I had known about the flower delivery because I live right across the street from my shop and would have been happy to return. Or, I could have had you come to the house. I Am so sorry about... Read Less Read More

More then I could've ever dreamed of in a cake

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Sonya A

My cake was amazing, dreamy, and simply beautiful. I had heard about this place but I got way more then I could have ever imagined. Mrs B is the sweetest person in the world and she doesn't treat her customers like a number, she treats them like family. Cake was delicious and I... Read More would refer her over any other baker. My cake was made up of 5 cakes, 3 cheesecakes and 2 regular cakes. They were to die for. Every single one of them. I have had cakes from many different bakers but Mrs B is number one. She takes pride and will make sure you have the best cake ever. Thanks soooo much I'm so thankful.

2015-05-11T18:11:29 Response from the vendor

Oh! You make me so happy! Just pleases me so much to have happy clients. THANK YOU! Please come back.

Wonderful Mrs. B!

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Rebecca S

My fiance and I fell in love with Mrs. B. when we went for our tasting. Her cheesecakes are absolutely delicious and were a hit at our wedding! The service was on time and stress-free, and Mrs, B is lovely to work with. We plan on using Mrs, B for our anniversary cake, it was... Read More that good!

2014-11-10T13:18:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much! Mrs B

Best Cake Ever

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Jasmine G

I have used Mrs. B for my wedding cake as well as cakes for family functions. Everyone always rants and raves about how moist and delicious her cakes are.

2014-11-10T13:20:04 Response from the vendor

I too love a moist cake. it's not worth eating if it's dry

Fantastic Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Mary C

Mrs. B makes the most delicious wedding cakes I've ever tasted. We actually doubled our cake size because we knew it would be a hit with our guests. Everyone loved it and had seconds as predicted. Mrs. B is lovely and wonderful to work with as well.

2014-11-10T13:23:47 Response from the vendor

Your so kind. Thank you. My clients tell me the last crums are eaten.

Beauty x 3

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

First of all the customer service was excellent, I felt so comfortable from the moment I stepped in the door. Mrs.B made sure I got what I wanted and was very patient will I figured it out. She gave me a call to confirm and the cake was beautiful and taste great as well. If you... Read More are looking for a beautiful cake, with a beautiful taste and beautiful service, Mrs. B's is the place to go.

2014-11-10T13:26:18 Response from the vendor

I appreciate your comments. Thank you

Not just great cheesecakes .. So much more!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jocelyn b

From the moment I reached out to Mrs. B I knew she would be my cake vendor. She responded in a timely matter and we travelled from out of state just to meet her. She was on vacation and even accommodated a time to meet us while we were in town. Our tasting exceeded our... Read More expectations. We didn't want to leave , we wanted to try everything and retry everything again. Her pastries were so unique, very moist, incredibly tasty and she created a dessert bar that had such variety every taste preference was fulfilled. When we were ordering we feared we would be over budget since we were getting so many selections, we were wrong. Mrs. B has incredible pricing and the desserts taste homemade by a family member who cares. It was not a cookie cutter creation- we had cakes, tarts cookies, brownies, cheesecake bars and cupcakes. Our wedding cake she designed to our theme- which I gave her complete control of -- I never would have imagined such perfection. You name it and she can make it ! I highly recommend Mrs. B, we plan on visiting her for some of her desserts when we are in Virginia again. Thank you Mrs B for tying it all together for us - we are forever grateful !

2014-11-10T13:34:20 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working for you and I am delighted that you and your guests were pleased. It was so much fun baking a great variety for some one so appreciative. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Mrs. B has the most delicious cheesecakes and offers something original that you can't find anywhere else. Great service and a unique cake. Went back for our 15 year anniversary and Mrs. B was just as sweet as ever. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding!

2014-11-10T13:38:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you. Please dont wait another 15 years before you come back!

Guests loved it

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Ashley B

We ordered a gluten free cheesecake as a part of a cake buffet we had at our reception. Our guests absolutely loved it and said it was delicious!

2014-11-10T13:40:14 Response from the vendor

Gluten free and sugar free cheesecakes are very popular and so easy to bake. Glad you were pleased.

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Nivea V

Just writing this review is making me hungry for more of my wedding cake! From start to finish Mrs. B was the sweetest most down to earth person! I ended up putting down a deposit and canceling my 2 other cake tastings after my first meeting with her because it was just a... Read More perfect fit. Her cakes not only look great, but are so delicious and moist and flavorful! I cared about taste more than anything and she really hit the nail on the head. Do yourself a favor and get your cakes from Mrs. B! You won't be disappointed!

2014-11-10T13:41:28 Response from the vendor

I think you are awsome. Thanks!

A wedding cake for us!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Coretta O

My husband really doesn't eat cakes. But he loves cheesecake. I absolutely loved our pineapple three tiered wedding cheesecake. You couldn't tell the difference. I loved working with Mrs B. She is great to work with. Such a phenomenal person. Thank you for being my sounding... Read More block when my wedding world seemed to crumble. She is very understanding with wedding planning and always lend positive reinforcement and suggestions to overcome the wedding planning woes. We love you and VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND CHEESECAKE WEDDING CAKES by MRS. B Ps..... Our wedding was Sept 27, 2014 we had cheesecake for our wedding cake. Three weeks later we ordered a birthday cheesecake to celebrate our birthdays Oct 22 (mine) and Oct 23 (husband)

2014-11-10T13:57:59 Response from the vendor

You are so sweet. It was a pleasure to help you during a few moments of stress. It all worked out didnt it!! Happiness!

Wonderful Cheesecake-Mrs. B wonderful too

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Mrs. B is a delight to work with and very accommodating. I used Mrs. B for my son's groom's cake - Redskins themed. After speaking with her we came up with an idea and she did a beautiful job decorating. The cheesecake was delicious. Had a little mix up with the delivery... Read More time, but all worked out. Had lots of leftover - should have listened to Mrs. B on how much to order. The slices cut by the establishment where the event was held were way too big,and we still had lots left. If you want a special cheesecake made with TLC, Mrs. B is where to go!!!

2014-11-10T14:02:45 Response from the vendor

You were so very kind and sweet not to pour ashes on my head! I thank you for that! Just made delivery in the nick of time and you were very gracious and classy. Thank you!

Mrs. B cheesecakes

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Samantha A

The cake itself and service were outstanding. I will be using her again. The only advice I have is to order more than you need. We cut our cake into slivers and still did not get as many pieces as we thought we would. Mrs. B was a delight to work with!

2014-11-10T14:17:48 Response from the vendor

It is really important to order enough for every one and then make sure everyone is served before they come back for seconds and thirds. I do not know how many you had at your reception but I do know your cake was downsized to... Read Less Read More

Fantastic Cake!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

We had Mrs. B's cake for our son's wedding - key lime and raspberry cheesecake. It was absolutely delicious! I highly recommend Mrs. B to everyone.